PDA

View Full Version : Kobe would have accepted trade to San Antonio?

honestfool84
02-10-2016, 01:01 PM
After last week's game against the Lakers, it was neat to see how much admiration and respect Kobe has towards the Spurs organization, and Pop especially.

I hate Kobe as much as the next fellow, but it's difficult to not appreciate how great he truly is. I put Duncan above Kobe in my all-time list, but in the end, Kobe is one of the best players to ever play the game.

It's always fun imagining What If scenarios.

The Cavs said that James, indeed, was untouchable, sources said. Then they attempted to make the Lakers a different offer for Bryant, offering anyone else on their team in a package for him. The Lakers had no interest.

For Bryant, who had a no-trade clause in his contract, the answer was simple."I never would've approved it. Never. The trade to go to Cleveland? Never," Bryant told Holmes. "That wasn't one of the teams that was on my list. It was Chicago, San Antonio [or] Phoenix."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14752456/truehoop-presents-sources-reveal-2007-kobe-lebron-trade-talk

DrunkTXLabrat
02-10-2016, 01:30 PM
After last week's game against the Lakers, it was neat to see how much admiration and respect Kobe has towards the Spurs organization, and Pop especially.

I hate Kobe as much as the next fellow, but it's difficult to not appreciate how great he truly is. I put Duncan above Kobe in my all-time list, but in the end, Kobe is one of the best players to ever play the game.

It's always fun imagining What If scenarios.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14752456/truehoop-presents-sources-reveal-2007-kobe-lebron-trade-talk

that rape scandal REEKED of a spurs/Kobe trade opportunity. But of course the spurs have no sense of smell. too busy scouting RJ and a bunch of foreigners they'll never sign.

Horse
02-10-2016, 01:36 PM
that rape scandal REEKED of a spurs/Kobe trade opportunity. But of course the spurs have no sense of smell. too busy scouting RJ and a bunch of foreigners they'll never sign.

Yeah if only we had a front office

TheGreatYacht
02-10-2016, 02:28 PM
:cry Built not bought :cry

baseline bum
02-10-2016, 02:37 PM
Duncan and Bryant together would have been nasty as fuck, I remember that was one of the things I always looked forward to seeing in the allstar games in the 2000s. It would have cost Parker and Ginobili, and given Manu's injury history from 2008 on, it would have been an obvious move to make in hindsight. Though I don't know if I'd enjoy cheering Kobe as much as I have for Manu and TP.