PDA

View Full Version : Fathead... Is he really a keeper?

TheGreatYacht
02-10-2016, 08:45 PM
Dude is a bonafied scrub. Brings nothing to the table, absolutely nothing. Bench playing like shit once this bum comes back :lol

Just because he's slow and has a fat head does not mean he has high bball IQ. Most vanilla take out there

jeebus
02-10-2016, 08:47 PM
Ship him off to the glue factory tbh.

TheGreatYacht
02-10-2016, 08:51 PM
Poop waiving the white flag, playing Fathead as a stretch 4 and Orlando's scrubs getting offensive boards at will :lol

ElNono
02-10-2016, 08:52 PM
But Chinook is high on him... :depressed

DeRozan m8
02-10-2016, 08:53 PM
Im yet to see anything impressive out of fathead tbh

Hits the odd jupmer, mainly just passes the ball around pointlessly, pretty much plays how i'd imagine i'd play in the NBA, safe as fuck with no impact.

ElNono
02-10-2016, 08:57 PM
One of the few Spurs that was "back" and I had no idea he was gone to begin with...

davi78239
02-10-2016, 08:57 PM
Showcasing the Fathead perhaps??

DeRozan m8
02-10-2016, 08:59 PM
In before SA Girl writes an essay tbh

LongtimeSpursFan
02-10-2016, 09:00 PM
Two assists for three pointers in 5 mins. I'd say he worth it. Most fans think if a guy can't shoot the three ball or isn't athletic to dunk the ball going to the rack he's useless. Anderson has all the skills necessary to be an NBA starter.

jeebus
02-10-2016, 09:04 PM

She's got an avante, t park/exstatic, or kool level problem. But yeah, she'll show up and claim we're all haters or some faggy millenial bullshit.

ElNono
02-10-2016, 09:06 PM
She's got an avante, t park/exstatic, or kool level problem. But yeah, she'll show up and claim we're all haters or some faggy millenial bullshit.

Why are you messing with me, little guy???~~~~~~Stop following me around~~~~~

TheGreatYacht
02-10-2016, 09:07 PM
Two assists for three pointers in 5 mins. I'd say he worth it. Most fans think if a guy can't shoot the three ball or isn't athletic to dunk the ball going to the rack he's useless. Anderson has all the skills necessary to be an NBA starter.
Can't shoot, can't drive, can't defend, can't box out, etc.

He's one of the reasons the third unit scrubs ruin our Opp PPG on a game to game basis. He's useless.

BD24
02-10-2016, 09:11 PM
:lol

jeebus
02-10-2016, 09:14 PM
Why are you messing with me, little guy???~~~~~~Stop following me around~~~~~
https://s3.amazonaws.com/synth3tk/drunk-johnny-superfan.gif

raybies
02-10-2016, 09:18 PM

Lmao

raybies
02-10-2016, 09:18 PM
Yes. He's a keeper.

TheGreatYacht
02-10-2016, 09:25 PM
Butler in, Andershit out.... Comeback starts = W

dabom
02-10-2016, 09:27 PM
Butler. :lol

Ky'yers is trash tbh. :lmao

HarlemHeat37
02-10-2016, 09:27 PM
I'm not a fan, but his potential is clear IMO..

The type of niche that he's expected to develop takes longer than usual, though, since he doesn't have any impressive tools that stand out immediately(like Simmons' hops, for instance)..

dabom
02-10-2016, 09:29 PM

The type of niche that he's expected to develop takes longer than usual, though, since he doesn't have any impressive tools that stand out immediately(like Simmons' hops, for instance)..

He just doesn't have that "feel" to him. He will always be mediocre.

Texas_Ranger
02-10-2016, 09:31 PM
he is if he speeds up by a lot.

HarlemHeat37
02-10-2016, 09:32 PM
He just doesn't have that "feel" to him. He will always be mediocre.

My original prediction(2 years ago?) was Black Luke Walton, but his potential has grown on me..there's a pretty good chance he will never reach his specialty role, but I think he could develop into a 6th man in the correct situation..he won't be playable in the playoffs, this year, though, especially with Manu clashing with his style..

He definitely isn't better than Kawhi, like Longtimespur fan said:lmao

dabom
02-10-2016, 09:33 PM
My original prediction(2 years ago?) was Black Luke Walton, but his potential has grown on me..there's a pretty good chance he will never reach his specialty role, but I think he could develop into a 6th man in the correct situation..he won't be playable in the playoffs, this year, though, especially with Manu clashing with his style..

He definitely isn't better than Kawhi, like Longtimespur fan said:lmao

Spurs_619
02-10-2016, 09:38 PM
Dude is a bonafied scrub. Brings nothing to the table, absolutely nothing. Bench playing like shit once this bum comes back :lol

Just because he's slow and has a fat head does not mean he has high bball IQ. Most vanilla take out there

I actually agree. Hes already 22 and hasn't show anything against legit NBA competition.

steeledl
02-10-2016, 09:46 PM
I was one of his biggest doubters but he showed enough NBA level skill a couple weeks ago for me to give him more time. He has been bad lately ..... But so have some other Spurs who aren't on the chopping block or as young .

if he plays like he has recently the rest of the season... I'll be done with him. If a team has any interest in trading for him I a package I'm open to that .

SouthernFried
02-10-2016, 09:50 PM
His D tonight was pretty damn good. I was impressed. Thought he coulda shot it more, missed one 3, made some good passes if too many. Sometimes it looks like the ball is Hot Potato to him.

Chinook
02-10-2016, 09:51 PM
He was sick yesterday. I wouldn't be surprised if he were still sick today. He was really good in the last few games, so the timing of this thread is silly. Dude didn't play well, but that happens to everyone.

sasaint
02-10-2016, 09:56 PM
I was one of his biggest doubters but he showed enough NBA level skill a couple weeks ago for me to give him more time. He has been bad lately ..... But so have some other Spurs who aren't on the chopping block or as young .

if he plays like he has recently the rest of the season... I'll be done with him. If a team has any interest in trading for him I a package I'm open to that .

Yep, that is exactly where I am with the guy.

r0drig0lac
02-10-2016, 09:57 PM

lmao

BatManu20
02-10-2016, 10:11 PM
Still only 22. Should be a Sr in college. He'll be better down the road. Non-issue imo.

bigfan
02-10-2016, 10:13 PM
good tradebait maybe?

apalisoc_9
02-10-2016, 10:21 PM
I've always been critical of Anderson but his potential is unreal. I'd argue hes already the 4th best isolation player in the team now.

Lerojo
02-10-2016, 10:22 PM
yes

DJR210
02-10-2016, 10:24 PM

raybies
02-10-2016, 11:52 PM
I've always been critical of Anderson but his potential is unreal. I'd argue hes already the 4th best isolation player in the team now.

1. Kawhi
2. Duncan
3. Aldridge
4. Diaw
5. West
6. Kyle

What's your list?

SAGirl
02-10-2016, 11:54 PM

I missed this game so I'll spare you :toast
From the several threads .... apparently all our roleplayers are up for sale though.

Good thing Danny got his groove back though.

raybies
02-10-2016, 11:57 PM
From the several threads .... apparently all our roleplayers are up for sale though.

My favorite spur is Kyle too. :wink

SAGirl
02-10-2016, 11:58 PM
My favorite spur is Kyle too. :wink
I am going to have to post smilies and just post troll pictures ... to appease all those who don't like to read my takes but still do...

:bobo

raybies
02-11-2016, 12:01 AM
I am going to have to post smilies and just post troll pictures ... to appease all those who don't like to read my takes but still do...

:bobo

I enjoy your takes about Kyle :lol because he's my favorite spur. I've read your many articles.

SAGirl
02-11-2016, 12:11 AM
I enjoy your takes about Kyle :lol because he's my favorite spur. I've read your many articles.
Thanks =)

I will have to say this... I think Simmons/Kyle and Boban are keepers... bc in this forum, they hate on Tony (is the team better without him?), Kawhi (the Kawhiso/Kawhobe), LMA (was he worth it?), and Manu (Turnobili).... anyone I forget??? oh Turd Towers? D.Worst? Danny Green (Still terrible on offense and defense) etc. Its endless... so the guy was sick, came back and missed some shots, so he's roasted... that just means he's a Spur. Got to take this one and move on.:lol

raybies
02-11-2016, 12:15 AM
I thought he play decent considering the circumstances. If he makes a couple shots it's a different story. As I said in the game thread he had a few assists, a couple steals, a block, a couple points. I liked what I saw from him.

Spurs_619
02-11-2016, 12:19 AM
Still only 22. Should be a Sr in college. He'll be better down the road. Non-issue imo.

Think what kawhi was doing when he was 22

BatManu20
02-11-2016, 12:25 AM
Think what kawhi was doing when he was 22

Comparing Kyle to one of the 5 best basketball players in the world :lol

Spurs_619
02-11-2016, 12:33 AM
Comparing Kyle to one of the 5 best basketball players in the world :lol

He wasn't at the time.

BatManu20
02-11-2016, 12:36 AM
He wasn't at the time.

Yea but it's still apples and oranges. The talent level between the 2 isn't even comparable.

DeRozan m8
02-11-2016, 01:39 AM

haha you're a good sport

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-11-2016, 02:00 AM
He's on the Cory Joseph development path. He has talent, but I think his main problem is that he doesn't have a clearly defined position right now. He's a keeper for the length of his rookie deal, no doubt. Beyond that, who knows.

100%duncan
02-11-2016, 02:35 AM
Let's just say I'm not high on him

100%duncan
02-11-2016, 02:36 AM

Diaw
Parker
Manu
Kawhi
Duncan

Then you have LMA and Mills who can chuck a game to a win

apalisoc_9
02-11-2016, 02:48 AM
Diaw
Parker
Manu
Kawhi
Duncan

Then you have LMA and Mills who can chuck a game to a win

Manu and Duncan can't isolate nowadys. Mills cant isolate. TD will have his moments and will probably have some great performances in the playoffs.

But in terms of creating plays out of isolation

Kawhi
Diaw
Aldridge
Parker-Anderson

I suppose you can make an argument for TP, but just like Manu he only isolates on mismatches. Anderson in terms of ability right now can isolate against Bigs-Smalls.

Him and Kawhi are the only two player in the team that Pop has called isos for against smalls and have isolated against bigs...

dabom
02-11-2016, 03:00 AM
I don't rate Kyle in any top 8 off of isolations for the Spurs.

dabom
02-11-2016, 03:01 AM
Duncan is Money ISO in a late fourth playoff quarter. Money.

Mnky
02-11-2016, 03:04 AM
He is okay on offense with good potential. Tonight he had a very bad game. His defense is all that really matters though. If he can't figure that out on a consistent basis, he won't be able to play for the spurs. His offense isn't good enough to make up for his lackluster defense and tonight he had some defensive breakdowns that left me cringing. He seems much more set on establishing himself on offense than defense. I don't see that cutting it. He has to turn the corner defensively or he will be replaced.

100%duncan
02-11-2016, 03:05 AM
Manu and Duncan can't isolate nowadys. Mills cant isolate. TD will have his moments and will probably have some great performances in the playoffs.

But in terms of creating plays out of isolation

Kawhi
Diaw
Aldridge
Parker-Anderson

I suppose you can make an argument for TP, but just like Manu he only isolates on mismatches. Anderson in terms of ability right now can isolate against Bigs-Smalls.

Him and Kawhi are the only two player in the team that Pop has called isos for against smalls and have isolated against bigs...

Idk I mean if you are an nba player and you locate mismatches, you are expected to score, that's the case with Kyle nothing special IMHO.

.G.
02-11-2016, 03:16 AM
I've yet to see anything significant from this lil nigga. Shit, Simmons has shown much more in half a season than Kyle has since he's been here. Then again, the sky is blue. Overall I'd say his game/contribution thus far has been pretty much meh.

apalisoc_9
02-11-2016, 03:36 AM
Kyle is also great with heads up plays. I'm not a fan of him in general because hes got obvious exploitable weakness but his talent is unique. There is no Kyle anderson player in the league..maybe an older paul pierce..hes 22.

SAGirl
02-11-2016, 04:03 AM
Kyle is also great with heads up plays. I'm not a fan of him in general because hes got obvious exploitable weakness but his talent is unique. There is no Kyle anderson player in the league..maybe an older paul pierce..hes 22.
He's interesting to watch. What most ignore is that despite nit being a rookie this is really the first season Pop tries to integrate him into what they are doing. He's rarely assisted on plays. Over half his shots are completely self generated. His production is what you would expect out of a new player in the league in that situation. The only shots he's assisted on are 3s and those are really not his shots, basically an area of weakness that he needs to improve on his game.

That is when you say he scores on isolation or gets fouled others just choose to ignore you bc of their own bias. Most of Kyle's shots are on isolation. Last time I checked it was over 50%… Earlier in the season he was at 65%.

I also t him he's underrated defensively bc he's smart using his size length and is good in team defense. Can't take too much from him missing 4 shots none of which was an open bunnies or easy shot, except the 3. The guy was sick yesterday.

I remember kawhis game against Toronto after his diarrhea.... lol he just didn't have the stamina for it.

This is an obvious troll thread so bah, why bother?

dabom
02-11-2016, 04:15 AM
He's interesting to watch. What most ignore is that despite nit being a rookie this is really the first season Pop tries to integrate him into what they are doing. He's rarely assisted on plays. Over half his shots are completely self generated. His production is what you would expect out of a new player in the league in that situation. The only shots he's assisted on are 3s and those are really not his shots, basically an area of weakness that he needs to improve on his game.

That is when you say he scores on isolation or gets fouled others just choose to ignore you bc of their own bias. Most of Kyle's shots are on isolation. Last time I checked it was over 50%… Earlier in the season he was at 65%.

I also t him he's underrated defensively bc he's smart using his size length and is good in team defense. Can't take too much from him missing 4 shots none of which was an open bunnies or easy shot, except the 3. The guy was sick yesterday.

I remember kawhis game against Toronto after his diarrhea.... lol he just didn't have the stamina for it.

This is an obvious troll thread so bah, why bother?

But your Boban thread isn't? Bias much? :lmao

SAGirl
02-11-2016, 04:20 AM
But your Boban thread isn't? Bias much? :lmao
I had legit questions about Boban bc he's going to have to 've resigned. I mean we can wonder whether both Anderson and Simmons are keepers (similar thread for Simms elsewhere) but both are signed for next season, so I guess if you weren't trolling you would be arguing t hey should be traded or something of that nature. As it stands they will be here next season.... now after that the question is fair, hut I would you of expect both to be better with more experience and time to work on their weaknesses this season.... Boban Spurs will need to make a decision this summer without the chance for another year to improve...

I have since come to th he conclusion Boban will likely be retained... but that is another thread.

wildbill2u
02-11-2016, 04:28 AM
I've actually been pleasantly surprised at his shooting lately, not counting this game. He seems to have that medium range fall away jumper down pretty good as he can use his height advantage on a lot of guards on that shot. His 3 pt shot shows some improvement.

My biggest complaint has been his defense which is keyed by his lack of quickness. I agree with one of the posters that he tries to cover his deficiencies on defense by smart positioning and if he plays against PFs most aren't going to be that much quicker BUT when he gets switched onto anyone with a little speed, we're gonna get tired of watching them motor right past him to the basket.

I've gone from very negative to meh.

dabom
02-11-2016, 04:39 AM
I had legit questions about Boban bc he's going to have to 've resigned. I mean we can wonder whether both Anderson and Simmons are keepers (similar thread for Simms elsewhere) but both are signed for next season, so I guess if you weren't trolling you would be arguing t hey should be traded or something of that nature. As it stands they will be here next season.... now after that the question is fair, hut I would you of expect both to be better with more experience and time to work on their weaknesses this season.... Boban Spurs will need to make a decision this summer without the chance for another year to improve...

I have since come to th he conclusion Boban will likely be retained... but that is another thread.

I'll let you off the hook. And I don't troll...

Hoops Czar
02-11-2016, 05:48 AM

And the NBA is littered full of Kyle Anderson type players, potential and all. What sets him back from the rest of the pack is his woeful defense. He's almost unplayable in certain situations because no matter what he accomplishes on the offensive end, he gives it right back on the defensive end. At best, he's a situational role player but, right now, even that's a stretch.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
02-11-2016, 08:21 AM
The guy just had a virus and was out ill. I bet his legs were still cramping which is why is jumper was noticeably off. This ain't NBA 2K people. These people get sick and ill just like the rest of us. Yet, he still had a decent game.

Spurs were w/o Manu and Parker and playing off a back to back. Yet, everyone contributed in the win yesterday, even Fathead Ming coming back off the sick list.

ceperez
02-11-2016, 08:44 AM
The guy just had a virus and was out ill. I bet his legs were still cramping which is why is jumper was noticeably off. This ain't NBA 2K people. These people get sick and ill just like the rest of us. Yet, he still had a decent game.

Spurs were w/o Manu and Parker and playing off a back to back. Yet, everyone contributed in the win yesterday, even Fathead Ming coming back off the sick list.

I agree. He was sick the previous game. I was surprised that he even played!

ceperez
02-11-2016, 08:47 AM
And the NBA is littered full of Kyle Anderson type players, potential and all. What sets him back from the rest of the pack is his woeful defense. He's almost unplayable in certain situations because no matter what he accomplishes on the offensive end, he gives it right back on the defensive end. At best, he's a situational role player but, right now, even that's a stretch.

Are you even serious? There aren't a lot of players that are 6'9" and have a natural feel of the game. The NBA is littered with a lot of athletic types, but very few that have a high basketball IQ.

Yes, he's got problems with his athleticism, but if that was the Spurs top priority then they are plenty of other players out there to pick up.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
02-11-2016, 08:53 AM
Are you even serious? There aren't a lot of players that are 6'9" and have a natural feel of the game. The NBA is littered with a lot of athletic types, but very few that have a high basketball IQ.

Yes, he's got problems with his athleticism, but if that was the Spurs top priority then they are plenty of other players out there to pick up.

And a 7'4" wingspan. He shots over people with ease b/c of it.

hater
02-11-2016, 08:55 AM
Lol hoopszar what a terrible take

Mel_13
02-11-2016, 09:02 AM

HC getting clowned by hashtag boy.

Brazil
02-11-2016, 01:04 PM

Except Spurs can still trade or waive him... from what he has produced so far, this thread is not less legit than asking if Boban is a keeper. There are people like me that see more upside in 7'3 Boban than KA even tho Boban is already 27... so bias aside threads are not that different.

BTW I don't judge KA over the last two games, everybody has bad stretch and dude is was sick

spurraider21
02-11-2016, 03:49 PM
guys, not sure if it's been posted, but here's a vid of Anderson (before the draft) saying great things about the Spurs and saying it would be a perfect fit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsOXd6jmMOc

dabom
02-11-2016, 07:16 PM
guys, not sure if it's been posted, but here's a vid of Anderson (before the draft) saying great things about the Spurs and saying it would be a perfect fit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsOXd6jmMOc

We've all seen it faggot. The NBA ain't a charity league faggot. :lmao

Spurtacular
02-11-2016, 07:18 PM
Ralph Garbage Time getting minutes at the end of the game over Fathead. That says something.

spurraider21
02-11-2016, 07:20 PM
We've all seen it faggot. The NBA ain't a charity league faggot. :lmao
God ur a moron

LongtimeSpursFan
02-11-2016, 07:30 PM
God ur a moron

Funny thing is is I didn't even need to see name of poster to know who it was. The use of faggot and emoticons are his only contributions to ST

dabom
02-11-2016, 07:33 PM
Funny thing is is I didn't even need to see name of poster to know who it was. The use of faggot and emoticons are his only contributions to ST

Didn't you say Kyle is better than Kawhi, faggot? :lmao

HarlemHeat37
02-12-2016, 01:08 AM
Didn't you say Kyle is better than Kawhi, faggot? :lmao

:lmao

apalisoc_9
02-12-2016, 02:20 AM
Man just starting to read more of ceperez post. Anal pounding Hoopz czar like an Nba athlete dominanting chinese players. Cant wait to read more of his post and once he starts arguing with real NBA talent.

SAGirl
02-12-2016, 03:04 AM
Except Spurs can still trade or waive him... from what he has produced so far, this thread is not less legit than asking if Boban is a keeper. There are people like me that see more upside in 7'3 Boban than KA even tho Boban is already 27... so bias aside threads are not that different.

BTW I don't judge KA over the last two games, everybody has bad stretch and dude is was sick
For sure I can respect your opinion... but outside of me, you, raybies and maybe 1 or another dude, everyone else in this thread is clearly trolling, so my characterization of this as a troll thread is not that far off TBH.

FireMicoHalili
02-12-2016, 03:13 AM
the fact that the new guy is one spot ahead of him in the pecking order is weird. I'm sure he'll be a special player but looks like it's going to take him some time.

SAGirl
02-12-2016, 03:27 AM
the fact that the new guy is one spot ahead of him in the pecking order is weird. I'm sure he'll be a special player but looks like it's going to take him some time.
He has real issues adapting to a position bc he lacks a reliable 3 pt shot and is not a superior athlete, so there are some real concerns. He's been best as a 4, but for that to work in more lineups, he needs to develop more strength.. which is where being 22 and having played as a guard through HS and college and not as a big man, gives me perspective. Not saying others don't have a point, but just that we have to keep in mind how young he is and the adaptation he had to make to his game.

Also there are literally no minutes at the 4 when everyone is healthy. He's subbed for Timmy being out, and for Diaw when he is coasting . . . that is it. Those are the extent of minutes he has had at the 4.

Simmons is a superior athlete which helps cover up how raw he may be in other areas + SG is a position of need, bc until a few weeks ago, Danny had been terrible and Manu is rested, injured or on minutes restriction save some games...

Both have given minutes at the 3 and are situational in that respect... Simmons clearly more athletic, but Kyle having length.

Simmons has also been outstanding helping us win quite a few games so you have to give him credit, so overall I do not consider it as weird since both guys are on different paths (and well Simmons is older and has played BBAll for a longer period + developed 2 years in the dleague.. this really should be KA senior college season... again perspective). That he's in the NBA at 22, while Simmons was undrafted at that age, probably looking like not an NBA prospect is the real comparison.

Brazil
02-12-2016, 08:20 AM
For sure I can respect your opinion... but outside of me, you, raybies and maybe 1 or another dude, everyone else in this thread is clearly trolling, so my characterization of this as a troll thread is not that far off TBH.

Surely a bit of trolling in that thread for sure but people who like Boban could take yours as a trolling thread too

For the rest as I said I wish all the best to KA he seems to be a great kid but I don't see him as a potential impactful player in the nba...

hater
02-12-2016, 08:59 AM
Hadn't seen that Kyle vid tbh. Thanx for posting.

I knew I liked the guy for some reason. I'm usually never wrong...