PDA

View Full Version : I want KG to Lakers if they dump Odom to see this

Rummpd
09-24-2005, 12:38 AM
Rumors abound on KG to Lakers on other sites with some kind of major trade.

No worries = this is the future!

Lakers go down in flames in 6 to Spurs shades of 03. Scowling KG after another dissapointing playoff loss storms off court, as he fails to diss it to Kobe who then goes balistic and sobs off court!

Seriously this would be a stout combo only because KG is so good at assists and boards; but would they really play a back and forth game? Doubtful!

Spurs would still take them IMO; and I for one would relish it as Manu continues to improve to a near Kobe clone, Parker builds on current world success and Spurs kill them with their depth and a certain guy named Tim Duncan.

alamo50
09-24-2005, 02:32 AM
You think KG will take a step back to crawl up Kobe's ass?
I think not.

Mr.Vas Deferns
09-24-2005, 05:56 AM
as Manu continues to improve to a near Kobe clone,

I agree with your post. Even with a K.G. in the line-up, Spurs still dominate BUT...."the manu improving to a near Kobe clone" take is going too far.

Sorry. Manu is great (love to see him as a Laker) but far, very far in fact, from being a Kobe.

DesiSpur_21
09-24-2005, 07:29 AM
What do the Lakers offer to Minn? Minn is gonna accept no all-star in exchange ?

I highly doubt it.

picnroll
09-24-2005, 07:50 AM
One rumor going around is:

Chicago ends up with Mihm and Sprewell
Minny ends up with Curry and Odom
Lakers end up with KG and Piatkowski.

The fantasizers have it that KG wants out. That he has a trade kicker which he'll waive if it's the team of his desire, LA, giving him some leverage.

Hard to see Minny giving up KG for talent like a solid third option Odom and Curry with a questionable ticker and poor work ehtic. Even if KG wanted a trade they would/should sit tight until he realized they'd trade him but for the best talent they could get which is considerably more than Odom and Curry.

Rummpd
09-24-2005, 08:34 AM
Don't think it will happen either, I see KG in NY in a league encouraged "wink wink" somehow, someway, perhaps a trade back for Marbury (?)= I would love to see Stephon banished to the Mall of America area again!

picnroll
09-24-2005, 08:48 AM
If KGs on the blocks I have to figure Cuban would try to get him for Dirk. I can see him offering Dirk and Daniels and Minny asking for Dirk, Howard and a semi-bad contract.

ChumpDumper
09-24-2005, 08:51 AM
Wasn't last year's big trade lock KG to the Pistons?

Guy sure gets around....

picnroll
09-24-2005, 08:53 AM
I thought that was this year's.

Any trade of KG in the next few years is contigent on his recognizing McHale is a hopeless boob and he's pissing his career away in Minny.

ChumpDumper
09-24-2005, 08:57 AM
Ok, last season -- or this offseason -- whatever. Where there's smoke, there's some internet asshole making things up.

Sometimes it's Jack Haley.

picnroll
09-24-2005, 09:03 AM
But what else do Lakers' fans have to cling to besides fantasy trades?

Oh yeah, Kwame Brown, future all-star. :lmao

ChumpDumper
09-24-2005, 09:06 AM
Bynum and Brown apparently.

Maybe they have something in the works like Spree for George, but I don't think McHale is stupid enough to trade the only reason he still has a job.

yavozerb
09-24-2005, 09:19 AM
Whoever started that rumor was wearing purple and gold...

The Artest Factor
09-24-2005, 09:40 AM
Kobe would be the primary scorer and clutch player. KG would be the do-it-all side kick. In other words, Kobe would be Jordan, KG would be Pippen. They still have they're MLE to sign 1 or 2 solid teammates. With Phil Jacksons coaching, this team would dominate the league.

Knoxville Spur
09-24-2005, 09:42 AM
The only way that trade would happen would be Kobe for KG.

ChumpDumper
09-24-2005, 09:42 AM
Yeah, I forgot -- they were supposed to get Bender and your #17 too....

Obstructed_View
09-24-2005, 10:02 AM
If I'm the Pups I'd trade KG for no single player in the league not named Duncan. I'd trade him to the Lakers for Kobe and Odom and a first round draft pick. IOW, the asking price is going to be way too high for KG.

CHAMPS AGAIN
09-24-2005, 11:36 AM
If KGs on the blocks I have to figure Cuban would try to get him for Dirk. I can see him offering Dirk and Daniels and Minny asking for Dirk, Howard and a semi-bad contract.

Cuban did not want to give up Dirk for Shaq last year so I don't see give up Dirk for KG

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-24-2005, 12:06 PM
Kobe would be the primary scorer and clutch player. KG would be the do-it-all side kick. In other words, Kobe would be Jordan, KG would be Pippen.

You're smoking some serious crack if you think KG would take a back seat to anyone. He's an alpha dog, and alpha dogs don't play Pippen to a rapist's "Jordan" anywhere.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-24-2005, 12:07 PM
Cuban did not want to give up Dirk for Shaq last year so I don't see give up Dirk for KG

Shaq has like 1-2 good years left, KG is still a young guy. There's a big difference.

T Park
09-24-2005, 01:28 PM
closed eyed fantasy wishing Faker fan forum.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-24-2005, 02:09 PM
KG prefers to drive and take jumpshots versus a low post game. Kobe is the same way. The Lakers would benefit from a low post presence to force defenders to sag.

They already have Odom and KG is just Odom ++. He plas like a small forward.

Now his defense would certainly help but offensively Kobe is going to get the attention.

navarat
09-24-2005, 06:22 PM
Kobe+k.g, shaq+wade+white chicks+shimmy shakers+gloves with holes
No PROBLEM, Bring it on spurs champs till year 3000.

SequSpur
09-24-2005, 06:44 PM
the only way the lakers get kg is if he is traded for Kobe.

You don't trade top players for fucking scrubs.

When are you dipshits going to figure that out.

picnroll
09-24-2005, 06:54 PM

Oh. You mean like Carter, Shaq and TMac?

FuzzyLumpkins
09-24-2005, 08:12 PM

Yeah like when Shaq was traded or Charles Barkley or McGrady or Chamberlain or Jabbar. If youre going to make a blanket statement at least make a smart one.

If Garnett wants to be traded he can put the Wolves in a very precarious position.

SequSpur
09-24-2005, 09:01 PM
Yeah we'll see whose smart. KG goes nowhere.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-25-2005, 10:35 AM
Just as long as you understand that your snotty little statement was plain wrong.

duncan_21
09-25-2005, 11:44 AM
One rumor going around is:

Chicago ends up with Mihm and Sprewell
Minny ends up with Curry and Odom
Lakers end up with KG and Piatkowski.

The fantasizers have it that KG wants out. That he has a trade kicker which he'll waive if it's the team of his desire, LA, giving him some leverage.

Hard to see Minny giving up KG for talent like a solid third option Odom and Curry with a questionable ticker and poor work ehtic. Even if KG wanted a trade they would/should sit tight until he realized they'd trade him but for the best talent they could get which is considerably more than Odom and Curry.

Not a chance in hell paxson and skiles want a cancer like spree with the young talent in chicago.