PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Kobe once wanted to fight Tyronn Lue for blocking his shot in practice

spursparker9
02-10-2016, 09:20 PM
Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue shared a new Kobe practice story and it's possibly the best yet. According to Lue, he once blocked Bryant's dunk attempt during a practice. Pinned it against the glass, in fact, leading to the game-winning bucket the other way. Bryant did not take the result well. "He went crazy," Lue told ESPN. "Kobe wanted to fight me at first and then, second, he wanted to play one-on-one after practice."

Bryant did not fight Lue and Lue turned down the overtures to play one-on-one. But it didn't end there.

He was so mad and then, after that, it was just, every day we stepped onto the court, he just went after me every single day. It was crazy.

Kobe holding a competitive grudge over a single blocked shot and making sure to take it out on the person one practice at a time sounds very Kobe Bryant like. But it gets even better.

Every time we acquired a new guy, he would play those guys one-on-one after every practice just to show them, like, ‘I'm the man, I'm the man.'

Think of all those poor rookies who got absolutely owned in practice by Bryant over the years. All because Tyronn Lue once blocked Bryant's shot.

The story eventually got back to Bryant and he responded in classic form.

Kobe said he didn't recall Tyronn Lue blocking him in practice: "Maybe he did. But I bet I kicked his ass more than he blocked me."

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2016/2/9/10956150/kobe-bryant-fight-tyronn-lue-lakers-practice

Once an Alpha, forever an Alpha :lol

Chris
02-10-2016, 09:42 PM
Kobe said he didn't recall Tyronn Lue blocking him in practice

I'll just bet he didn't.

DMC
02-10-2016, 09:47 PM
It will all come crashing around him when the memoirs get released.

ambchang
02-10-2016, 10:24 PM
Getting owned by lue.

Splits
02-10-2016, 10:56 PM
Tyrone could have won 3 attached to Shaq's hip.

Shaq is 9th all time. Lue could have finished in the top 12 if he was asked to play second fiddle to Shaq. Just like T-Mac, AI, etc.

midnightpulp
02-10-2016, 10:58 PM
No wonder the Lakers can't develop talent :lol

spursparker9
02-11-2016, 12:35 AM
It will all come crashing around him when the memoirs get released.

:lol

Reck
02-11-2016, 02:06 AM
No wonder the Lakers can't develop talent :lol

No wonder the rookies go in full of hope and look defeated by the end of the week. :lol

D'Angelo Russell on his season: "I feel like I was improving. Now I feel like, I don't know, not really as much."

:lmao

02-11-2016, 05:43 AM
Holy shit that's pathetic...reeks of insecurity tbh :lol

DMC
02-11-2016, 10:21 AM
No wonder the rookies go in full of hope and look defeated by the end of the week. :lol

D'Angelo Russell on his season: "I feel like I was improving. Now I feel like, I don't know, not really as much."

Maybe Pop could put a word in for them to Kobe.

Thread
02-11-2016, 11:32 AM

Well, he had that one great game, then called a presser afterward.

Thread
02-11-2016, 11:34 AM
Maybe Pop could put a word in for them to Kobe.

Yeah, after he's done lecturing Media on post mortem highway decorum.

lefty
02-11-2016, 12:34 PM
"wanted to fight" :lol

That's so BETA

MJ punched Kerr; he didn't want to punch him; he actually punched him

:lol Kobeta

Thread
02-11-2016, 12:43 PM
I can't hate Lue. He put Iverson in a box, then kicked him into a hole.

Spurtacular
02-11-2016, 07:17 PM
Kobe's an asshole who didn't get called out for it nearly enough; but I still laugh at him going off on Mitch over those players being "soft as Charmin." :lmao

Koolaid_Man
02-11-2016, 07:39 PM
Kobe is exactly the kind of nigga I want around me and on my squad.. his behavior is real man behavior....doesn't get any more Alpha than that....man to man I will play everyone 1 on 1 to prove I got a bigger dick....

Mah nigga

Koolaid_Man
02-11-2016, 08:59 PM
Kobe responds to Tyrone....:lol

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/Mobile%20Uploads/kobe-lue-tweet_zpsybom8ilv.jpg

pgardn
02-11-2016, 09:53 PM
Kobe is exactly the kind of nigga I want around me and on my squad.. his behavior is real man behavior....doesn't get any more Alpha than that....man to man I will play everyone 1 on 1 to prove I got a bigger dick....

Mah nigga

Thats why your squad and man parts are 0-82

ambchang
02-11-2016, 10:12 PM
Explains his ballhoggedness, because he just spends practice playing 1:1.

Splits
02-11-2016, 10:21 PM
Fight would have gone something like this, Kirby has trouble fighting guys 4" shorter and 30 pounds lighter

https://media.giphy.com/media/l41lTvhSKThcK4bbG/giphy.gif

Molotov
02-12-2016, 12:03 AM
"wanted to fight" :lol

That's so BETA

MJ punched Kerr; he didn't want to punch him; he actually punched him

:lol Kobeta

:lol:lol

Stalin
02-12-2016, 12:06 AM
Fight would have gone something like this, Kirby has trouble fighting guys 4" shorter and 30 pounds lighter

https://media.giphy.com/media/l41lTvhSKThcK4bbG/giphy.gif

Classic two-piece.

Splits
02-12-2016, 12:08 AM
Classic two-piece.

Yeah, the knee-buckling after the first piece caused Childs to slightly mis-connect on the second piece. But that's probably the best two-piece the league has ever seen.

Childs