PDA

View Full Version : i don't make many threads, but I need an honest assessment....

james evans
02-10-2016, 10:21 PM
Ok, I had a 6pm class today. 6-9 and I couldnt pull up nba leauge pass on my computer due to it was my day to lead the discussion about the readings. On top of that, when we were released early from class, my college played a big game tonight and traffic was a bitch. Being the responsible person I am, I didn't want to watch the game while in traffic trying to go home. So, i'm looking at the score and we were down 14 or so in the 4th. I'm thinking "why the fuck are we losing like this to Orlando". Then I was on nba.com and kept seeing the refresh of the score chipping away. Then we're down 8, then 5, then we took a 1 point lead, then a 3, then they tied, then I saw we won by 2. ok...

1. Does Duncan look like Kareem in the late 80s in need of retirement as the team runs better with him off the floor?

2. Was popovich bullshiting with garbage ass substitutions in the 3rd?

3. Did the refs screw the Magic in the 4th?(be honest guys. We've been screwed a lot so it's only fair to tell the truth)

4. Does Danny Green still look like shit?

What happened in this game?????

Mel_13
02-10-2016, 10:28 PM
1. No. Tim can still defend and rebound.

2. No Tony or Manu. Tim on a minutes restriction. Back end of a B2B. There were going to be some less than optimal combos.

3. Not that I noticed, but I'm biased.

4. He hasn't looked bad since the calendar changed from 2015 to 2016.

james evans
02-10-2016, 10:34 PM
yeah, green has been playing good lately, so I figured this would be a game he goes back to the first month of the season. I'm mad I missed this game now

Old School 44
02-10-2016, 10:38 PM
I think it's a case of team continuity with Parker being out and Tim returning. Also, the last game before the all-star break. Someone said on one of the NBA broadcast this week, "some players are already at the beach".

UNT Eagles 2016
02-10-2016, 10:49 PM
Refs kind of screwed us in the 3rd but we got a couple calls for free throws late, most of them pretty legit though

sasaint
02-10-2016, 10:49 PM
Ok, I had a 6pm class today. 6-9 and I couldnt pull up nba leauge pass on my computer due to it was my day to lead the discussion about the readings. On top of that, when we were released early from class, my college played a big game tonight and traffic was a bitch. Being the responsible person I am, I didn't want to watch the game while in traffic trying to go home. So, i'm looking at the score and we were down 14 or so in the 4th. I'm thinking "why the fuck are we losing like this to Orlando". Then I was on nba.com and kept seeing the refresh of the score chipping away. Then we're down 8, then 5, then we took a 1 point lead, then a 3, then they tied, then I saw we won by 2. ok...

1. Does Duncan look like Kareem in the late 80s in need of retirement as the team runs better with him off the floor?

2. Was popovich bullshiting with garbage ass substitutions in the 3rd?

3. Did the refs screw the Magic in the 4th?(be honest guys. We've been screwed a lot so it's only fair to tell the truth)

4. Does Danny Green still look like shit?

What happened in this game?????

Mel_13 called it. But, tbh, in the second half Pop was pretty much mad scientist, and didn't bring the big guns back into the game until much later in the 4th than many ST posters wanted. But, hey, it worked.

steeledl
02-10-2016, 10:51 PM
Not going to answe all your questions but Duncan just looked out of shape tonight due the time off..... He will be fine as a defensive anchor and rebounder if he can stay healthy.

SpursforSix
02-10-2016, 10:54 PM
yeah, green has been playing good lately, so I figured this would be a game he goes back to the first month of the season. I'm mad I missed this game now

His d was great tonight when it mattered. But he also missed a couple of key open 3's

SAGirl
02-10-2016, 11:22 PM
I missed the game... this is like a game review thread for me. :bobo

DMC
02-10-2016, 11:26 PM
In both the Miami and this game Danny has been the aggressor. This is good.