Drob
Kawhi

Allstar in order of relevance.

Manu
TP

Garvin

.G.
02-11-2016, 03:46 PM
Damn, I had completely forgotten about Garvin.

spursistan
02-11-2016, 03:48 PM
If the spurs had paired prime Duncan with a perennial ALL Star in his prime (wing/guard), we would have threepeated at least once in 2003-2008..Manu and Tony are nice players; but they aren't superduper stars a la Dwayne Wade/Kobe..It is quite a shame we couldn't put much of fight against the Lakers in 2000-2002 because Tim had no help..

Hopefully PATFO pull something out of their hat and get another youngish star with Kawhi entering his peak years beacuse a declining LMA will be 3rd option at best in coming few years..

K...
02-11-2016, 03:49 PM
Espn ranks.....Tp 58 Manu 61. I don't know where you draw the line with superstars but it your cut off is top 30 all time I agree. Not sure what you are trying to say?

FromWayDowntown
02-11-2016, 03:50 PM
OP never saw Gervin and the Spurs of his era.

If Chris Paul is a superstar now, George Gervin was absolutely a superstar. At least Gervin led his team to the conference finals (x3).

K...
02-11-2016, 03:53 PM
Some of y'all are acting like it takes all time talent to win. The warriors have one all time talent and some nice players. The difference between then and us is they have better talent at all positions, especially prime young cocky talent. , but no elite second bannana. I mean green is basically lma.

The Shaq Lakers were a dominating team for obvious reasons. That we beat them in their prime, once, is good, but let's not pretend there was a easy way to beat Shaq Kobe.