PDA

View Full Version : Sooo the Spurs are 1 out of the only 3 teams.....

kxs783kms
02-11-2016, 04:12 PM
That Kobe would have lifted his trade clause for?? I never knew it, maybe you guys did. To think that he had interest playing here, along side of Duncan would have automatically added 2 or 3 more rings to our collection, I believe. I honestly think Duncan would have taken a backseat to this being called his team, had Kobe came. http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14752456

TampaDude
02-11-2016, 04:23 PM
Not just no, but hell no. Fuck a bunch of Kobe.

Canyonero
02-11-2016, 04:26 PM
He's the total opposite of Spurs philosophy.

Chinook
02-11-2016, 04:35 PM
You were doing so well, man. Then you whip this shit out.

kxs783kms
02-11-2016, 04:37 PM
Not just no, but hell no. Fuck a bunch of Kobe.

He's the total opposite of Spurs philosophy.

You guys don't think Pop would've had any affect on his style of play? I think Pop would've welcomed having Kobe. I also think that's why he wants Kobe to mentor Kawhi, to help him develope that killer mentality that Kobe has.

kxs783kms
02-11-2016, 04:38 PM
You were doing so well, man. Then you whip this shit out.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:bang

TampaDude
02-11-2016, 04:41 PM
You guys don't think Pop would've had any affect on his style of play? I think Pop would've welcomed having Kobe. I also think that's why he wants Kobe to mentor Kawhi, to help him develope that killer mentality that Kobe has.

Kobe would have destroyed the Spurs' chemistry. No, thanks.

Also, it's effect, not affect, in that context.

HarlemHeat37
02-11-2016, 04:43 PM
Pop says great things about Kobe, just like everybody else does, but I doubt he would have ever wanted to coach him:lol..just like no relevant players actually agreed to play for the Lakers when they had the choice, but had no problems praising Kobe through the media..

Top 10 player of all-time, but one of the least appealing teammates in sports history..

UNT Eagles 2016
02-11-2016, 07:49 PM
Fuck no.

MultiTroll
02-11-2016, 07:52 PM
A Kobrick for Parker would have been intesting.
Manu could have taught Kobe how to play SG/SF.

thiste
02-11-2016, 09:13 PM
Pop says great things about Kobe, just like everybody else does, but I doubt he would have ever wanted to coach him:lol..

Pop did coach him in the several all star games he did coach over the years.

Except I'm willing to bet that Parker was part of the appeal of San Antonio to Kobe.

sananspursfan21
02-11-2016, 09:20 PM

Tbh your name fully explains this post brah....tbh

SAGirl
02-11-2016, 10:17 PM
Pop admires his competitiveness and how he showed up for games consistently . That's aid Pop has said ppl are who they are and consistently credits his players for allowing him to coach them. I'd say he doesn't transform ppl he brings out the best in his players and he's selective on the guys he brings over. So no.

aal04
02-11-2016, 10:28 PM
Pop says great things about Kobe, just like everybody else does, but I doubt he would have ever wanted to coach him:lol...

I disagree, Pop loves ISOs. He used them extensively in Duncans prime and hes milking and moulding Kawhi into ISOs (e.g. Kawhi game winner) and posts.

skulls138
02-11-2016, 10:54 PM
Kobe minus Phil Jackson equals crap.

Kawhitstorm
02-11-2016, 11:14 PM
If the Kirby trade happened the team would have been handicapped b/c he wouldn't have taken a pay cut (Manu/Tony would have been shipped out) & the team wouldn't have been a contender in 2016. Tim would also have retired in his mid 30s b/c the team wouldn't have the depth to cut his minutes (Gasol looked washed up in his early 30s). The best example is the Celtics Big 3 era being over once they hit their mid 30s.

kxs783kms
02-11-2016, 11:17 PM
Kobe minus Phil Jackson equals crap.

Well this was kind of my point. After Phil, Kobe had some crap coaches that allowed him to play recklessly. I just honestly believe Pop would've been one of the few coaches who could have contained Kobe.

TheDoctor
02-12-2016, 08:21 AM
I disagree, Pop loves ISOs. He used them extensively in Duncans prime and hes milking and moulding Kawhi into ISOs (e.g. Kawhi game winner) and posts.

I don't think he loves ISOs. I think it's just like treys. He somewhat don't like them (more of an aesthetic point tbh) but use them because treys are a very good offensive weapon. You don't have to love ISOs to use it when you
see an advantage over opposition players in specific scenarios. Like having great players (Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, Tony Parker, Kawhi Leonard and LaMarcus Aldridge) who can take advantage over their counterpart in 1-on-1.

pgardn
02-12-2016, 08:34 AM
I don't think he loves ISOs. I think it's just like treys. He somewhat don't like them (more of an aesthetic point tbh) but use them because treys are a very good offensive weapon. You don't have to love ISOs to use it when you
see an advantage over opposition players in specific scenarios. Like having great players (Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, Tony Parker, Kawhi Leonard and LaMarcus Aldridge) who can take advantage over their counterpart in 1-on-1.

Which is why he a great coach. He will use whatever it takes. He is not stuck in the triangle mode.

And.... F Phil and Kirby.

HarlemHeat37
02-12-2016, 07:23 PM

Kobe is fine on the court, he's one of the 10 best of all-time, and he's fully capable of playing intelligent basketball when he feels like it..I've always felt like his ball-hogging was overplayed, too..

I was referring to off the court..he would be an atrocious fit in the Spurs culture..he has clashed with virtually every notable teammate he's had, at some point..no self-awareness, does everything through the media, terrible teammate and sociopath, etc..don't let this farewell tour fool you, bro:lol

steeledl
02-12-2016, 07:33 PM
Kobe for ginobili...I think we win another title between 07 and 12.

Drachen
02-12-2016, 08:36 PM
Kobe would have destroyed the Spurs' chemistry. No, thanks.

Also, it's effect, not affect, in that context.

Digression: I hate effect and affect. They are my kryptonite.