PDA

View Full Version : Pop on Warriors...

coachmac87
02-12-2016, 12:50 PM
"I've spent more time thinking about Golden State than I have any other team I've ever thought about in my whole career,"

Hmmmmmm.

lefty
02-12-2016, 12:53 PM
":cry my starting PG is going to get raped by Curry"

BatManu20
02-12-2016, 12:53 PM
Link.

coachmac87
02-12-2016, 12:54 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14766063/klay-thompson-says-golden-state-warriors-try-set-nba-single-season-wins-record

Dex
02-12-2016, 01:03 PM
Considering we built our teams from '03-'08 specifically to combat the Lakers and Mavericks...Pop is probably pandering to the media here.

Fireball
02-12-2016, 01:09 PM
hopefully that thinking leads to something ...

K...
02-12-2016, 01:27 PM
Hopefully he's thinking how satisfying it will be to humiliate them . Just bring back horry and bowen to teach the real basketball moves.

On a more serious note....of course he thinks about golden state, every other team literally sucks this year. Only four true contenders

Pauleta14
02-12-2016, 01:30 PM
Considering we built our teams from '03-'08 specifically to combat the Lakers and Mavericks...Pop is probably pandering to the media here.

What do you mean by that? (I google translated it but didn't help..)
thx

spursistan
02-12-2016, 01:31 PM
Pop will break out hack-a-Curry :lol

Dex
02-12-2016, 01:35 PM
What do you mean by that? (I google translated it but didn't help..)
thx

He is basically telling them what they want to hear. Media is all hyped up about the Warriors right now, and I think Pop is probably fine with letting them focus on Golden State and keep Spurs under the radar.

Many Spurs have already said the team doesn't worry about what other teams are doing, they are only worried about themselves and being the best team they can be come playoff time.

r0drig0lac
02-12-2016, 01:37 PM
Pop will break out hack-a-Curry :lol

or hack-a-Bogut / Ezeli, and not let gsw play

TheGreatYacht
02-12-2016, 01:38 PM
The way he buttered up Kobe last week, this comment isn't a surprise. Don't even wanna imagine what he's telling their players at practice...

In before "CIA Pop"

Dex
02-12-2016, 01:40 PM
For those curious, here is the full quote:

"I've spent more time thinking about Golden State than I have any other team I've ever thought about in my whole career," Popovich told ESPN Radio on Friday. "Because they are really fun. I'd go buy a ticket and go watch them play. And when I see them move the ball, I get very envious. When I see them shoot uncontested shots more than anybody else in the league, it's inspiring. It's just great basketball.

"So I'm actually enjoying them very much. You try to solve them, but they're in a sense unsolvable because it's a particular mix of talent that they have. It's not just that Steph [Curry] can make shots or that Klay can make shots or that Draymond Green is versatile. Everybody on the court can pass, catch and shoot. And they all get it."

"They're for real," Popovich added. "They're talented. But they're also very, very smart."

coachmac87
02-12-2016, 01:40 PM
He is basically telling them what they want to hear. Media is all hyped up about the Warriors right now, and I think Pop is probably fine with letting them focus on Golden State and keep Spurs under the radar.

Many Spurs have already said the team doesn't worry about what other teams are doing, they are only worried about themselves and being the best team they can be come playoff time.

The team focuses on what THEY have to do to be their best. But it's all in order to beat GSW. The Spurs style of play is what gave GSW the most issues last post season (Memphis, Cleveland) I don't think it's a coincidence Spurs are playing the slow pace grind it out type of basketball. But unlike those teams last year...we are waaaay better offensively. It's all about beating GSW..as it should be TBH

Pauleta14
02-12-2016, 01:45 PM

Thanks. That EXACTLY what I was going to say...

I has done it for ever and the fact that people on ST still respond so naively amazes me!

He always does his "judo" thing... :lol

Spurs9
02-12-2016, 02:20 PM
Maybe Pop will gather intel on Curry this weekend.

JohnnyMax
02-12-2016, 02:21 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbCJS6RUYAA3khZ.png:large

ElNono
02-12-2016, 02:25 PM
:pop: "They made some shots"

Benoit
02-12-2016, 02:34 PM
I love coach Popovich for the way he isn't afraid to speak the truth

The way he embraced Kobe and compared him to MJ and now he's implying that the Dubs are the best team the Spurs have ever went up against

It's a shame the fans here don't act like the Spurs organization does

The Spurs are the best franchise in sports and they have been a great influence on the Dubs but I don't view them as a threat anymore, no offense to Spur fans

coachmac87
02-12-2016, 02:45 PM

The way he embraced Kobe and compared him to MJ and now he's implying that the Dubs are the best team the Spurs have ever went up against

The Spurs are the best franchise in sports and they have been a great influence on the Dubs but I don't view them as a threat anymore, no offense to Spur fans

You were fine until the end. That's where you're fucked up and wrong

daslicer
02-12-2016, 03:09 PM
Pop has a history of ass kissing the opponent. I remember during the '99-'00 season he took a lot the stuff Phil Jackson said about the spur title being an asterisk very personal. Pop responded by saying Phil was a whiner and a bunch of other expletives. After getting trolled by Phil that season Pop started ass kissing the Lakers to stay out of a war of words with Phil. Pop has since then has done ass kissing for the opponents. I don't take it seriously I feel Pop is just bullshitting but I do still find it annoying. Another reason I put Phil ahead Pop is that he never built up his opponent like Pop does.

SAGirl
02-12-2016, 03:10 PM
It sounds like if he wasn't plotting how to defeat them, he'd just really enjoy watching them. I think he genuinely admires that team. I also note how he talked about the team in that sentence and not just one or two guys.

Chris
02-12-2016, 03:28 PM
no one will take offense if you never post here again

GOTHEEM :lol

spursistan
02-12-2016, 03:38 PM
Pop has truly gone soft :cry ..

Seems like he is treating every adversary with the same overawe and inferiority complex he had toward Phil Jackson..The recent sight of him being more invested in bearhugging with fellow-coaches than making adjustments against them bothers me, tbh..

SPURt
02-12-2016, 03:42 PM
I love Pop and he is absolutely right. The Warriors are the clear class of the NBA as of today. The only way that narrative changes is if the Spurs beat them. One thing about being a Spurs fan for so long is we've seen 50 wins for nearly two decades. We know all too well championships aren't won in February. I am totally cool saying the Warriors are better than the Spurs today. If there was a game 7 tonight between the Spurs and the Warriors, the Warriors would be overwhelming favorites.

At the end of the day, we still need to see the games played. It's all about team health, complacency , and match-ups. Pop also knows the difficulty of having that target on your back for extended periods of time. It's not just the winning by the Warriors, but they are mentally beating opponents before the game starts. It doesn't matter what team it is, it feels like the approach is "if we lose by less than ten we did good enough". It's an amazing run and Warriors fans should enjoy it. Hell, we all would if it was the Spurs.

I'm glad Pop is motivated and spending more time than he has ever dedicated to an opponent. After all his accomplishments, knocking off the Warriors in the playoffs would edge out getting over the hump with the Lakers in 2003. It's going to be fun to watch this season play out.

hater
02-12-2016, 03:46 PM
I've put pops quote I my Issac Asimov bullshit translator:

"I never think about teams in regular season so I did spend about a minute thinking on the worriers.

Nobody has played a lick of D on them so sure that's fun to watch.

They are a good team all around. Steph is overrated.

They are the best team and we have zero shot vs them"

K...
02-12-2016, 03:52 PM
Pop has a history of ass kissing the opponent. I remember during the '99-'00 season he took a lot the stuff Phil Jackson said about the spur title being an asterisk very personal. Pop responded by saying Phil was a whiner and a bunch of other expletives. After getting trolled by Phil that season Pop started ass kissing the Lakers to stay out of a war of words with Phil. Pop has since then has done ass kissing for the opponents. I don't take it seriously I feel Pop is just bullshitting but I do still find it annoying. Another reason I put Phil ahead Pop is that he never built up his opponent like Pop does.

What the He'll? Here Is this?

mookie2001
02-12-2016, 03:54 PM
Hemann would the newspaper correct this quote or publish as-is?

ironman2886
02-12-2016, 03:57 PM
After every game Pop literally tells even the worst teams' opposing coaches how talented they are. He's a big brown nose tbh.

rmt
02-12-2016, 04:20 PM
The Warriors have copied Spurs' beautiful passing game but with players in their prime and with a MVP-level player. All is not lost - just like in tennis - everything is cyclical and certain styles are better match ups than others. Since Spurs can't compete with the passing game, I guess Pop is trying something different. But why does he always kiss *ss so - Shaq and Kobe (3 peat) seemed insurmountable too - he had PEAK Duncan, though.

DenialTwist
02-12-2016, 04:21 PM
Of course Matt Moore (HPBasketball) has to say Pop is wrong in the comments.

Mikeanaro
02-12-2016, 04:22 PM
Pop has truly gone soft :cry ..

Seems like he is treating every adversary with the same overawe and inferiority complex he had toward Phil Jackson..The recent sight of him being more invested in bearhugging with fellow-coaches than making adjustments against them bothers me, tbh..
Me too...
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb3jv9aubV1rwl09fo1_500.gif

daslicer
02-12-2016, 04:40 PM
What the He'll? Here Is this?

To clarify I respect Phil more in this regard he doesn't give blow jobs to his opponents like Pop does. Pop always sucks the dick of the opposition and I find it annoying. Pop is still a great coach but I do believe that its one of his flaws.

rmt
02-12-2016, 06:09 PM
To clarify I respect Phil more in this regard he doesn't give blow jobs to his opponents like Pop does. Pop always sucks the dick of the opposition and I find it annoying. Pop is still a great coach but I do believe that its one of his flaws.

Otoh, Pop doesn't say stupid things like there's an asterisk beside a championship. Better to err on the side of the high road (or suck-up) than Phil's way.

Agloco
02-12-2016, 06:30 PM
It's a shame the fans here don't act like the Spurs organization does.

So you expect fans on an obscure message board to behave as professionals would in the spotlight?

Fuck outta here moron.

daslicer
02-12-2016, 06:37 PM
Otoh, Pop doesn't say stupid things like there's an asterisk beside a championship. Better to err on the side of the high road (or suck-up) than Phil's way.

I think both ways are extreme ways of handling things. Phil's way is being super disrespectful to the opponent which can help build up your team's confidence up and destroy the psyche of the opposition but it can also backfire with the opposition using it as fuel to the fire. Pop's way is the opposite which being too respectful and painting the opposition as being superior this has the advantage of taking the pressure off of your team to win but it also bites you in the ass if your team loses a few games to the opposition that they will start believing they are inferior. It also backfires in the sense it gives your opponent supreme confidence they can beat you anywhere. I think the best approach is being in the middle which is acknowledging your foe but don't say anything else about them.

daslicer
02-12-2016, 06:39 PM
So you expect fans on an obscure message board to behave as professionals would in the spotlight?

Fuck outta here moron.

You guys need to stop giving this clown attention. I have outed him 50 times on here he has confessed he is a laker fan and not a warriors fan.

Benoit
02-12-2016, 07:04 PM
You guys need to stop giving this clown attention. I have outed him 50 times on here he has confessed he is a laker fan and not a warriors fan.

Ive said I am a Dubs fan every single time you've asked me lmao

Stop spreading bullshit

random21
02-12-2016, 07:18 PM

Love the confidence, but no worries of the Spurs at all?
Have you been a Warriors fan since Duncan's rookie year? Who has dominated that series for the past 20 years? I get the confidence, because they are playing as a team that is able just to get it done....
Playoff series are so much different than the regular season, ex - OKC whooping Spurs ass in 2014 during the regular season and getting beat in the playoffs?

daslicer
02-12-2016, 08:08 PM
Ive said I am a Dubs fan every single time you've asked me lmao

Stop spreading bullshit

Your not a dubs fan so quit bullshitting. You outed yourself in a few threads when you claimed being a laker fan.

spurs10
02-12-2016, 09:13 PM

You are what people call a "starf*cker" - let me guess you were a big Lakers fan before their downfall. No offense! Now the reason I know you are not a long time Warriors fan is because I'm a long time Spurs fan and would never be compelled to go on a Thunder site, a Warriors site, etc. Why would I? :lol

The Spurs aren't a threat to you. You don't do anything. If you look at their record they sure as hell are a threat to GSW. 4-12 recently....?? Could GSW repeat? Sure. Or they might find themselves struggling like they did against a decimated Cavs team. No offense!

Spurtacular
02-12-2016, 09:21 PM

steeledl
02-12-2016, 09:24 PM
Pop sees the insurmountable mountain that team has become.....

Dex
02-12-2016, 09:31 PM
Pop sees the insurmountable mountain that team has become.....

Spurs gonna surprise dem Warriors.

Calling it now. :wow

SpurPadre
02-12-2016, 09:34 PM
or hack-a-Bogut / Ezeli, and not let gsw play

Curry would just casually hit 60 footers as soon as we hacked those guys and it would end up being 4 point plays.

rmt
02-12-2016, 09:37 PM
Curry would just casually hit 60 footers as soon as we hacked those guys and it would end up being 4 point plays.

I foresee Spurs players jumping on top of GSW players as soon as the ball is inbounded - better foul shots (especially since they aren't a good free throw team) than Curry's 3s.

midnightpulp
02-13-2016, 01:22 AM
The ray of light against the Warriors might be our bench vs. theirs. Yes, their bench is (regular season) good, but I'm not really counting on Leandro Barbosa, Shaun Livingston, Mo Speights, and Brandon Rush to outplay Patty, Diaw, West, Manu (please be healthy :cry). And if Simmons, Anderson, et al can contribute, all the better. GS's only killer off the bench is Iggy, and he's basically a pseudo-starter. Of course, if the Warriors' bench becomes a detriment, Kerr will play their "Death Squad" 45 minutes per game, but they're still human and fatigue is a possibility.

sexinthatsx
02-13-2016, 02:40 AM
Pop praises other teams because psychologically, other teams will embrace this fluff talk and like the Spurs more so they can tend to give the Spurs pity points. The comments by Pop also serve as a praise so that the players take notice and are less apt to commit hard or flagrant fouls on the players.

It's just a matter of buttering the opposing team up while the Spurs are secretly in the back kitchen sharpening the knife and moving in for the kill - Russian mafia style.

Joseph Kony
02-13-2016, 02:47 AM
I love cocks stretching apart my jizz crusted asshole
go on...

apalisoc_9
02-13-2016, 03:50 AM
The ray of light against the Warriors might be our bench vs. theirs. Yes, their bench is (regular season) good, but I'm not really counting on Leandro Barbosa, Shaun Livingston, Mo Speights, and Brandon Rush to outplay Patty, Diaw, West, Manu (please be healthy :cry). And if Simmons, Anderson, et al can contribute, all the better. GS's only killer off the bench is Iggy, and he's basically a pseudo-starter. Of course, if the Warriors' bench becomes a detriment, Kerr will play their "Death Squad" 45 minutes per game, but they're still human and fatigue is a possibility.

I mentioned this a few weeks ago too. Their bench is really suspect. If the spurs can get a plus +5 in the 6-8 minutes their death squad or top 4+ bogut is not together..its going tl be huge. Could be the difference in a 7 game series.

Their bench is really nothing special.

KenziE
02-13-2016, 04:21 AM
So long as the REFs gives the spurs a fair shake i like our chances

r0drig0lac
02-13-2016, 05:25 AM

His death squad on the court means less Bogut, this is the best option to beat them (your lane is opened without a rim protector), hack Bogut / Ezeli and force them to play Dray as C

Blue Duck
02-13-2016, 07:10 AM

I actually agree with most of what you said here, and I do think Pop is being genuine in his humility because that's just who he is and because the description of GSW was accurate. But, c'mon, not even a little bit of a threat??????

Old School 44
02-13-2016, 07:15 AM
I like watching Golden State too. LeBron said it best about the Spurs during the finals, "Everyone on the court is live", the same applies to the Warriors. Curry has been amazing, but even if you can somewhat contain him, look out for guys like Harrison Barnes, Iggy, Draymond, Livingston...talented, versatile guys with high BBIQ.

Don't know what the Warriors contract situation is like, but hopefully with their impressive play, teams attempt to pillage this roster with ridiculous contract offers over the coming years, and the Warriors front office and players make the wrong decisions.

MultiTroll
02-13-2016, 07:38 AM
hopefully that thinking leads to something ...
:rollin / thread.

I would pay to have you as a sport interviewer feed this back to Pop. When Pop tries his one liner deadpan crap have you feed this brief question right back at him. :lmao

MultiTroll
02-13-2016, 07:46 AM
Pop "I've spent more time thinking about Golden State than I have any other team I've ever thought about in my whole career," Popovich told ESPN Radio on Friday. "Because they are really fun. I'd go buy a ticket and go watch them play. And when I see them move the ball, I get very envious. When I see them shoot uncontested shots more than anybody else in the league, it's inspiring. It's just great basketball.
"So I'm actually enjoying them very much. You try to solve them, but they're in a sense unsolvable because it's a particular mix of talent that they have. It's not just that Steph [Curry (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3975/stephen-curry)] can make shots or that Klay can make shots or that Draymond Green is versatile. Everybody on the court can pass, catch and shoot. And they all get it."

I wonder if Pop would be interested in seeing replays of the 2013 (before the giveaway) and 2014 playoff Spurs?

BillMc
02-13-2016, 08:14 AM
I like watching Golden State too. LeBron said it best about the Spurs during the finals, "Everyone on the court is live", the same applies to the Warriors. Curry has been amazing, but even if you can somewhat contain him, look out for guys like Harrison Barnes, Iggy, Draymond, Livingston...talented, versatile guys with high BBIQ.

Don't know what the Warriors contract situation is like, but hopefully with their impressive play, teams attempt to pillage this roster with ridiculous contract offers over the coming years, and the Warriors front office and players make the wrong decisions.

Jerry West is there so I wouldn't count on the FO making a lot of mistakes. Players may be a different story.

02-13-2016, 09:14 AM
Jerry West is there so I wouldn't count on the FO making a lot of mistakes. Players may be a different story.West has to one of the best guys in the business at recruiting talent

Russo21
02-13-2016, 09:58 AM
Considering we built our teams from '03-'08 specifically to combat the Lakers and Mavericks...Pop is probably pandering to the media here. True that, the Lakers, Mavs and to a slightly lesser extent the Phoenix Suns all gave us fits at one stage or another in classic playoff series...and we ended up beating them all on the way to Championships.

Old School 44
02-13-2016, 10:51 AM
Jerry West is there so I wouldn't count on the FO making a lot of mistakes. Players may be a different story.
Agree about West....but like the Spurs, to construct and maintain a roster like this you need guys to make sacrifices. When guys like Curry, Green and Thompson are going to ask for max dollars, whose going to make TD/Manu-like sacrifices so the Warriors can sign the others to healthy contracts? Are the Warriors going to be faced with a similar $ decision to make like OkC had with Harden? Are guys going to take less to stay, when the rest of the league is going to have lots of money to throw at them? It will be interesting to see how it all works out.

HBK
02-13-2016, 12:59 PM
fuck the warriors and their greatness tbh

Benoit
02-13-2016, 04:11 PM
I actually agree with most of what you said here, and I do think Pop is being genuine in his humility because that's just who he is and because the description of GSW was accurate. But, c'mon, not even a little bit of a threat??????

I just dont see any matchup advantages other than Kawhi Leonard who is limited as a playmaker

I think it would be like Spurs vs. Lakers in 2001

SAGirl
02-14-2016, 12:29 AM
The Warriors have copied Spurs' beautiful passing game but with players in their prime and with a MVP-level player. All is not lost - just like in tennis - everything is cyclical and certain styles are better match ups than others. Since Spurs can't compete with the passing game, I guess Pop is trying something different. But why does he always kiss *ss so - Shaq and Kobe (3 peat) seemed insurmountable too - he had PEAK Duncan, though.
I have noticed Spurs doing a lot more switching this season than last. I am guessing that since the warriors have evolved into an elite passing team, you can't double guys and if you do, guys have to rotate like they are in sync. You will be giving up mismatches but not open shots to an elite passing and shooting team.

Has anyone else noticed more switching this season, or is that just me???

Kawhitstorm
02-14-2016, 02:26 AM
I think it would be like Spurs vs. Lakers in 2001

That will happen if Kawhi gets injured & misses the series like Derek Anderson in 2001:lol

DMC
02-14-2016, 02:33 AM
Unlike folks here (amusingly so as well), people like Pop who actually work in the NBA don't hold such homeristic view points. He has to look at the league as a whole, at basketball as an entity and not dismiss parts of his job just because it's the "opponent". I've said it before but it bears repeating: they all work for the same company. You cannot expect them to not be salesmen for the NBA. We don't have that skin in the game. To us, its more personal, something we just took sides on and won't see the entire picture because we don't care to marginalize our own corner of it.

YGWHI
02-14-2016, 03:53 PM

It's likely Barnes won't stay with Warriors after this season, but they wouldn't have a positional issue since...according to Woj...they're going to sign Durant. :rolleyes

Seventyniner
02-14-2016, 03:58 PM
Unlike folks here (amusingly so as well), people like Pop who actually work in the NBA don't hold such homeristic view points. He has to look at the league as a whole, at basketball as an entity and not dismiss parts of his job just because it's the "opponent". I've said it before but it bears repeating: they all work for the same company. You cannot expect them to not be salesmen for the NBA. We don't have that skin in the game. To us, its more personal, something we just took sides on and won't see the entire picture because we don't care to marginalize our own corner of it.

Well put. Pop isn't a Spurs fan.

SAGirl
02-15-2016, 08:18 PM
For those curious, here is the full quote:
Thanks for sharing the full quote. They are a historically great team and Pop expressed that it is not just Curry/Klay/Draymond. They can all pass, catch & shoot and they all get it. As Pop said, they are unsolvable. We are likely to see more switching than we have seen just bc you don't want ppl to be open, but they know how to exploit mismatches and will go to them. POP was sincere, there is no hyperbole or exaggeration.

Their only weakness is in the paint... and if you slow them down (they thrive in transition) you have a chance. You can't slow them down if you turn the ball over... which is what happened at an alarming rate in our last game. We didn't go to the paint, we turned the ball over and Manu and the bench played into their hands by playing a super fast out of control tempo.

We have a chance, but we have to play our best as well which we hadn't been doing... and we really are not all we could be bc right as our game with GSW happened Timmy was injured and then Manu.

The silver lining is that Lamarcus gained a more competitive edge, Danny has risen to the occasion and our roleplayers have developed, but we have been deprived of hitting our stride early in the rodeo road trip.

spursistan
06-19-2016, 10:01 PM
:lmao :lmao..

That's how you know this dude has lost his edge....stay drooling over them Dubs :lol

spursistan
06-19-2016, 10:02 PM
Kawhitstorm

TheGreatYacht
06-19-2016, 10:06 PM
:lmao :lmao..

That's how you know this dude has lost his edge....stay drooling over them Dubs :lol
Don't forget about Manure :lmao

phxspurfan
06-19-2016, 10:21 PM
I agree w/Pop. It didn't make sense. Glad they were exposed for being chuckers. Last year was an aberration. Defense and paint points and the crab dribble rule all

Keepin' it real
06-19-2016, 10:33 PM
Maybe Pop can start focusing on the Spurs instead of the Warriors. OKC and Cavs gave everyone the blueprint for beating GS: get mobile bigs on your roster and PLAY THEM, and rely on tough perimeter defense. The Spurs are not too far away.

TheGreatYacht
06-19-2016, 11:43 PM
I agree w/Pop. It didn't make sense. Glad they were exposed for being chuckers. Last year was an aberration. Defense and paint points and the crab dribble rule all
If that's the case, then you disagree with him. Pop said these fuckers were unsolvable, and praised them the whole year. I know if I'm a player, that's the worst thing I want to hear my coach say...

TheGreatYacht
06-19-2016, 11:44 PM
Maybe Pop can start focusing on the Spurs instead of the Warriors. OKC and Cavs gave everyone the blueprint for beating GS: get mobile bigs on your roster and PLAY THEM, and rely on tough perimeter defense. The Spurs are not too far away.
Spurs didn't have the mobile bigs nor the perimeter shooting.

:pop: I hate threes

AFMadison
06-19-2016, 11:51 PM
And score too. Have an effective offense that can gel as one unit.

Ditty
06-19-2016, 11:58 PM
I don't get why Pop said that, from what I remember we were playing some good basketball at that time when he said that shit. Though tonight made me appreciate Pop a little more, Kerr and Lue were terrible tonight.

spursistan
06-21-2016, 12:26 AM

spursistan
06-21-2016, 12:29 AM
^^ switching + putting a wing on Draymond...

SAGirl
06-21-2016, 12:53 AM
^^^ okc had tried that before they just couldn't close,the deal bc of their 4th Q giveaway meltdowns.
And repeated that in the playoffs to their demise.

UZER
06-21-2016, 10:27 AM
Why did Pop lose sleep? It's just basketball.

Obstructed_View
06-21-2016, 10:46 AM

Came in here to say exactly this.

TheDoctor
06-21-2016, 10:46 AM
I don't get why Pop said that, from what I remember we were playing some good basketball at that time when he said that shit. Though tonight made me appreciate Pop a little more, Kerr and Lue were terrible tonight.
For that same reason. Because we were playing some really good basketball at the time. To not give the Worriers more motivation than they had. Motivation is a powerful thing. Look at what happened in the Finals after Game 4 when they made this whole drama about LeBron saying Raymond called him "bitch" then Klay's father saying LBJ was kinda soft?

spurs10
06-21-2016, 12:43 PM
^^^ okc had tried that before they just couldn't close,the deal bc of their 4th Q giveaway meltdowns.
And repeated that in the playoffs to their demise. I think "4th Q giveaway meltdowns' is the perfect description of what we saw from OKC. :toast

Chillen
06-21-2016, 01:57 PM

LeBron says thanks!

Obstructed_View
06-21-2016, 02:01 PM
For that same reason. Because we were playing some really good basketball at the time. To not give the Worriers more motivation than they had. Motivation is a powerful thing. Look at what happened in the Finals after Game 4 when they made this whole drama about LeBron saying Raymond called him "bitch" then Klay's father saying LBJ was kinda soft?

Look what happened when Lebron put a picture of himself dunking on Tim Duncan in his locker.

TheGreatYacht
01-24-2017, 10:03 PM

Also said, "They're in a different league than the rest of us"

Mr. Body
01-24-2017, 10:04 PM

He knows they're fugazy and pussies.

TheGreatYacht
01-24-2017, 10:05 PM
"They're unsolvable"
"They're beautiful"
"They're in a different league than the rest of us"

Man, if that doesn't prepare the guys in the locker room... I don't know what will. Btw did you guys know NASA just discovered 100 planets?

UZER
01-24-2017, 11:04 PM
"But keep hating on Trump"

TheGreatYacht
01-24-2017, 11:12 PM
Smart man!

Floyd Pacquiao
01-24-2017, 11:12 PM
:lol hypocrite pop

MI21
01-25-2017, 03:31 AM

Didn't Pop whinge (fairly) when the Lakers acquired Pau for Kwame Brown?

Kawhitstorm
01-25-2017, 03:51 AM

The same guy that was busy bitchin' about the Pau trade while signing TOSB Kurt Thomas instead of scouting Marc.:sleep

Ice009
01-25-2017, 03:51 AM
Didn't Pop whinge (fairly) when the Lakers acquired Pau for Kwame Brown?

Yep. I remember it like it was yesterday. He said someone should form a committee to stop trades like that happening.

lol. Pop is a hypocrite.

Fireball
01-25-2017, 03:52 AM
Didn't Pop whinge (fairly) when the Lakers acquired Pau for Kwame Brown? it was for Marc Gasol ... which at that time was crazy ... but lopsided trades are something else compared to a free agent just going to a team

Kawhitstorm
01-25-2017, 03:54 AM
Yep. I remember it like it was yesterday. He said someone should form a committee to stop trades like that happening.

lol. Pop is a hypocrite.

Pop is untouchable to the point hat he can recite Trump's tweets & the media will applaud him.:lol

MI21
01-25-2017, 04:46 AM

lol. Pop is a hypocrite.

I love Pop but yeah, this was hypocritical. Though he might be saying this shit for another reason we don't know about... who knows!

r0drig0lac
01-25-2017, 08:01 AM

facepalm

exstatic
01-25-2017, 08:18 AM
it was for Marc Gasol ... which at that time was crazy ... but lopsided trades are something else compared to a free agent just going to a team

#somuchthis

Multiple teams get their shot at someone like Durbeta. The NBA has a history of approving lopsided trades to teams like the LAL and BOS going back to the 70s and 80s to prop up their flagship franchises. Pau was just the latest.

TheDoctor
01-25-2017, 08:20 AM
"They're unsolvable"
"They're beautiful"
"They're in a different league than the rest of us"

Man, if that doesn't prepare the guys in the locker room... I don't know what will. Btw did you guys know NASA just discovered 100 planets?

:pop: - I'm watching you Galileo.

diego
01-25-2017, 08:43 AM
Some of you need to look up what hypocrisy means. Pau was traded for a bag of chips. Durant was a free agent, just like LMA. If pop criticized Durant/gsw that would have been hypocritical considering we did the same with Lma a year before.

Re: gsw praise, I think (hope!) that pop is trying to irritate his guys / lull theirs. If he goes out and says they ain't shit, our guys might believe it, and the dubs seem to be a very emotional team that feeds on slights. We need to play our absolute best so I'm OK with pop talking them up.

Chinook
01-25-2017, 08:47 AM
Don't forget that Pop is going to be coaching a lot of those guys during the summers. Of course he's not going to insult them.

Ice009
01-25-2017, 08:50 AM
Some of you need to look up what hypocrisy means. Pau was traded for a bag of chips. Durant was a free agent, just like LMA. If pop criticized Durant/gsw that would have been hypocritical considering we did the same with Lma a year before.

Re: gsw praise, I think (hope!) that pop is trying to irritate his guys / lull theirs. If he goes out and says they ain't shit, our guys might believe it, and the dubs seem to be a very emotional team that feeds on slights. We need to play our absolute best so I'm OK with pop talking them up.

That's not the point. OK, maybe the word hypocrisy wasn't the right description, but the point still stands. The trade was fair and square. It might have been lopsided, but still, the trade was done legitimately so he shouldn't have been going on about it being unfair and demanding committees being formed to stop trades like that happening.

About your second point, you might be right about him not wanting to say anything bad about them so they don't use it as bulletin board material. The Warriors seem to use any slight against them. That's the right strategy for sure, but I just hope he's telling his players differently. I hope he's telling them we can beat them if we keep working hard and keep improving. We're not at that level yet, but we have the potential to get there.

cd98
01-25-2017, 03:38 PM
The same guy that was busy bitchin' about the Pau trade while signing TOSB Kurt Thomas instead of scouting Marc.:sleep Yes, I think the difference is he's friends with Steve Kerr, but not Phil Jackson.