PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: For Killa....This Is How You Make A Proper Assessment When Rating Players

Koolaid_Man
02-12-2016, 02:25 PM
You say you give Tammy Tits the nod over Kobe based on him getting 5 and being a key contributor.....ironically ignoring the fact Kobe did the exact same thing but only faster and more impressive....:lol

So let's examine it on its most basic level.....I've given valid reasons why Duncan will never be in Kobe's class as a basketball player or an athelete....its not even close....before I get into the numbers let me start again with FACTS....

Tammy can't shoot better, cant defend better 1 on 1, has a weaker low post game, and is totally dependant on the guards delivering him the ball...if you want to make a claim he's a better teammate then fine....I will concede that but only one the basis of weakness and the media's fixation with stripping dudes of their manhood...tbh..Duncan had it easier than Kobe and if he was such a leader as you guys claim he would have easily successfully defended at least one of those 5 titles...he fell short 5 times..not once did he achieve it...it is an embarrassing defeat..all of those in the exclusive class have defended their titles except Duncan....and he's the only one to come home with a bronze.....

Now lets look at the numbers....to be fair I've limited this to the crucial metrics...the key numbers during the playoffs run during each players title years....which is the true measure of a players greatness....

Tim Duncan's Playoff Averages During The Title Seasons

* 1999* Pts - 23... Blks - 3 Stls - 1 Asst- 3 Rbs- 12

2003 Pts- 25 Blks- 3 Stls-- 1 Asst- 5 Rbs-- 15

2005 Pts- 20 Blks- 3 Stls-- 1 Asst- 3 Rbs-- 11

2007 Pts- 20 Blks- 3 Stls-- 1 Asst- 3 Rbs-- 11

2014 Pts- 16 Blks- 1 Stls-- 0 Asst- 2 Rbs-- 9

Now lets look at Kobe :lol

2000 Pts - 21... Blks -2 Stls 2 Asst- 4 Rbs- 5

2001 Pts- 29 Blks- 1 Stls-- 2 Asst- 6 Rbs-- 7

2002 Pts- 27 Blks- 1 Stls-- 1 Asst- 5 Rbs-- 6

2009 Pts- 30 Blks- 1 Stls-- 2 Asst- 6 Rbs-- 5

2010 Pts- 29 Blks- 1 Stls-- 1 Asst- 6 Rbs-- 6

These numbers just don't show that Tammy was better than Kobe during each teams title runs.....in fact its even worse for Tammy because Kobe played 2nd fiddle to Shaq and his numbers are still more impressive than Duncan's...:lol

And since you say Duncan was a key contributor his last title....ok....he was but look at his averages for that last title in 14 compared to Kobe's contribution for his 5th...

Duncan lost 1 finals and Kobe lost 2.....so if you ask me.....Kobe clearly had the better career despite the 10 different coaches.....and despite playing with scrubs like Kwame Brown and Smush Parker and Chris Mihm and Chucky fucking Atkins....:lol

So no like Hakeem said Kobe's position is the toughest in all of basketball so theres no comparison....teams game planned around Kobe and MJ....niggas were brought into the league just to defend them....(ala Bruce Bowen..) so yall keep burying your heads in the sand and being purposely obtuse....I got real nigga shit on my side...yall can continue with that BS if it floats your boat.....

Holla at cha boy Kool......

:bobo

02-12-2016, 02:35 PM
:lmao antiquated per-game metrics

Killakobe81
02-12-2016, 02:39 PM
You say you give Tammy Tits the nod over Kobe based on him getting 5 and being a key contributor.....ironically ignoring the fact Kobe did the exact same thing but only faster and more impressive....:lol

So let's examine it on its most basic level.....I've given valid reasons why Duncan will never be in Kobe's class as a basketball player or an athelete....its not even close....before I get into the numbers let me start again with FACTS....

Tammy can't shoot better, cant defend better 1 on 1, has a weaker low post game, and is totally dependant on the guards delivering him the ball...if you want to make a claim he's a better teammate then fine....I will concede that but only one the basis of weakness and the media's fixation with stripping dudes of their manhood...tbh..Duncan had it easier than Kobe and if he was such a leader as you guys claim he would have easily successfully defended at least one of those 5 titles...he fell short 5 times..not once did he achieve it...it is an embarrassing defeat..all of those in the exclusive class have defended their titles except Duncan....and he's the only one to come home with a bronze.....

Now lets look at the numbers....to be fair I've limited this to the crucial metrics...the key numbers during the playoffs run during each players title years....which is the true measure of a players greatness....

Tim Duncan's Playoff Averages During The Title Seasons

* 1999* Pts - 23... Blks - 3 Stls - 1 Asst- 3 Rbs- 12

2003 Pts- 25 Blks- 3 Stls-- 1 Asst- 5 Rbs-- 15

2005 Pts- 20 Blks- 3 Stls-- 1 Asst- 3 Rbs-- 11

2007 Pts- 20 Blks- 3 Stls-- 1 Asst- 3 Rbs-- 11

2014 Pts- 16 Blks- 1 Stls-- 0 Asst- 2 Rbs-- 9

Now lets look at Kobe :lol

2000 Pts - 21... Blks -2 Stls 2 Asst- 4 Rbs- 5

2001 Pts- 29 Blks- 1 Stls-- 2 Asst- 6 Rbs-- 7

2002 Pts- 27 Blks- 1 Stls-- 1 Asst- 5 Rbs-- 6

2009 Pts- 30 Blks- 1 Stls-- 2 Asst- 6 Rbs-- 5

2010 Pts- 29 Blks- 1 Stls-- 1 Asst- 6 Rbs-- 6

These numbers just don't show that Tammy was better than Kobe during each teams title runs.....in fact its even worse for Tammy because Kobe played 2nd fiddle to Shaq and his numbers are still more impressive than Duncan's...:lol

And since you say Duncan was a key contributor his last title....ok....he was but look at his averages for that last title in 14 compared to Kobe's contribution for his 5th...

Duncan lost 1 finals and Kobe lost 2.....so if you ask me.....Kobe clearly had the better career despite the 10 different coaches.....and despite playing with scrubs like Kwame Brown and Smush Parker and Chris Mihm and Chucky fucking Atkins....:lol

So no like Hakeem said Kobe's position is the toughest in all of basketball so theres no comparison....teams game planned around Kobe and MJ....niggas were brought into the league just to defend them....(ala Bruce Bowen..) so yall keep burying your heads in the sand and being purposely obtuse....I got real nigga shit on my side...yall can continue with that BS if it floats your boat.....

Holla at cha boy Kool......

:bobo

Keep bringing it Kool! We may disagree but I am open to changing my mind ...

spurraider21
02-12-2016, 02:42 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BTgObyJCQAA_Cdz.jpg

Reck
02-12-2016, 02:43 PM

None of what he said made sense. :lol

He didn't win shit with Kwame Brown and company so bringing them up is irrelevant.

Case not made.

Thread
02-12-2016, 02:51 PM

Thought they was gonna sneak one in there, you know for Bird. Keep it on the down low till it would be over and they could start up the band and get the count goin' again.

Uh, uh.

After it was over there stood Vecsey in the basement of Staples lookin' like somebody had died.

Koolaid_Man
02-12-2016, 03:57 PM

The evidence I layed right before you....it's like denying God's existence...why would you do that?

Koolaid_Man
02-12-2016, 03:59 PM
Ohh and let's not forget head to head it's Kobe 4 Duncan 1......factor that little tid bit as well and there you have it...

Thread
02-12-2016, 04:11 PM
The evidence I layed right before you....it's like denying God's existence...why would you do that?

That's Kool...just like Snoop in "Starsky and Hutch."......Kool lays it out...so we can play it out.

Killakobe81
02-12-2016, 04:13 PM
That's Kool...just like Snoop in "Starsky and Hutch."......Kool lays it out...so we can play it out.

nice movie refference. Underrated funny movie. Silly. But love Will Ferrell's cameo. the make out scene though brief was not bad either ...a blonde and a brunette at the same time!

DPG21920
02-12-2016, 04:26 PM
Killa - this is what we call the idiot test. OP is an idiot and this is his way of finding other idiots to hang out with.

Thread
02-12-2016, 04:29 PM
nice movie refference. Underrated funny movie. Silly. But love Will Ferrell's cameo. the make out scene though brief was not bad either ...a blonde and a brunette at the same time!

It absolutely is. And I refused to go at it's premiere. I boycotted it out of principle, can't remember which one. Finally found it on the cable a year or two later. 'Fine. Nobody is here to see me.'

Fabulous. Snoop toned it down. Vaughn stood down. Bateman lit the screen---as he always does. The girls (Smart/Electra) were adorable and played it that way for that affect. The writing was incredible.

***Only Will Ferrell caused me to cringe. He always kills it.

The cameo at the end by the originals was a flash of genius. They maintained their dignity and their edge. They stayed in exact character. Resigned, tired cops, worn down to a nub.

Killakobe81
02-12-2016, 04:35 PM
It absolutely is. And I refused to go at it's premiere. I boycotted it out of principle, can't remember which one. Finally found it on the cable a year or two later. 'Fine. Nobody is here to see me.'

Fabulous. Snoop toned it down. Vaughn stood down. Bateman lit the screen---as he always does. The girls (Smart/Electra) were adorable and played it that way for that affect. The writing was incredible.

***Only Will Ferrell caused me to cringe. He always kills it.

The cameo at the end by the originals was a flash of genius. They maintained their dignity and their edge. They stayed in exact character. Resigned, tired cops, worn down to a nub.

Some hate Will. I like him in smaller doses. Snoop was cool loved the line about grass ...Bateman has also has grown as an actor. Love his deadpan smart ass style. Enjoyed the way Vaughn spits out bar-mitz-pa!!!

As for Deeps... come on there is no games to discuss ... tried to steer us to some hoops talk but it never lasts. Let Cully talk film. He indulges us when we talk hip-hop let the old man muse on a subject he enjoys.

BD24
02-12-2016, 04:44 PM
:lol I do love that graphic.

BD24
02-12-2016, 04:46 PM
Ohh and let's not forget head to head it's Kobe 4 Duncan 1......factor that little tid bit as well and there you have it...
Not Tims fault the piece of garbage kept missing the playoffs or getting "hurt" to avoid playing him. Honestly those are auto wins.

Thread
02-12-2016, 04:50 PM
:lol I do love that graphic.

Of course you do. You ain't got a lick a sense, Moose.

Thread
02-12-2016, 04:59 PM
Some hate Will. I like him in smaller doses. Snoop was cool loved the line about grass ...Bateman has also has grown as an actor. Love his deadpan smart ass style. Enjoyed the way Vaughn spits out bar-mitz-pa!!!

And just the occasional hint of (serious.) Bombings, shootings, murders on & off screen. That's difficult to do with broad comedy.

And Williamson as Doby is fantastic. Everybody is. You get "Spence" from "King of Queens." as the dance moderator. And Starsky there, crazy, he wants to win, but, doesn't demand it such, wants to send it to that applause O-meter thing (((again.))) Great idea. Americans love that "applause O'meter type shit." Any contraption is admired and desired by Americans. "Don't give it to me. Let me see it in action. So I know I earned it."

Killakobe81
02-12-2016, 05:03 PM
And just the occasional hint of (serious.) Bombings, shootings, murders on & off screen. That's difficult to do with broad comedy.

And Williamson as Doby is fantastic. Everybody is. You get "Spence" from "King of Queens." as the dance moderator. And Starsky there, crazy, he wants to win, but, doesn't demand it such, wants to send it to that applause O-meter thing (((again.))) Great idea. Americans love that "applause O'meter type shit." Any contraption is admired and desired by Americans. "Don't give it to me. Let me see it in action. So I know I earned it."

Loved Spence's narration of the dance off ... great stuff.

Thread
02-12-2016, 05:15 PM
Loved Spence's narration of the dance off ... great stuff.

And he plays it straight, along with the actual winner. Sure, we the audience hear the audience and fully expect Stiller to win, but, Spence is legitimately surprised at the response. He's just there to judge a meaningless dance contest, not the end of the gd world like Starsky sees it. Or, perhaps he's in the bag for the actual winner and they ain't going to let a one timer take that trophy. It gets ya thinkin' and that is point of film.

Great film making.

Killakobe81
02-12-2016, 05:21 PM
And he plays it straight, along with the actual winner. Sure, we the audience hear the audience and fully expect Stiller to win, but, Spence is legitimately surprised at the response. He's just there to judge a meaningless dance contest, not the end of the gd world like Starsky sees it. Or, perhaps he's in the bag for the actual winner and they ain't going to let a one timer take that trophy. It gets ya thinkin' and that is point of film.

Great film making.

another great one is when they are interviewing the blonde cheerleader and Hutch is clearly distracted as she undresses. Starsky of course plays it straight but even he has a hard time. Also love the stuff between Starsky and the chubby cop who pokes fun at him in front of their fellow officers. I also did not see it in theatres and I say I will buy it on the cheap on blu ...but whenever I pass it on cable it's one of those I watch until at least the commercial (if it's on free cable). On HBO it's a must watch.

Koolaid_Man
02-12-2016, 05:41 PM
Not Tims fault the piece of garbage kept missing the playoffs or getting "hurt" to avoid playing him. Honestly those are auto wins.

It is Tammys fault because when faced with Kobe head to head she lost 4 times....

Koolaid_Man
02-12-2016, 05:44 PM
And here's the other thing.....you can't say that Shaq led Kobe to 3 straight titles and then proceed to say that Duncan is better than Shaq and Kobe....that's why ESPN is full of shit....Duncan never repeated and yet he's better than Shaq? And fucking Kobe ?

Hahahahahahajajahajahahahahahahan

The reality is he isn't better than either

Koolaid_Man
02-12-2016, 05:46 PM
And then you rank Lebron 3rd after getting owned by Tammy head to head
:lol

Buddy Mignon
02-12-2016, 08:15 PM
And then you rank Lebron 3rd after getting owned by Tammy head to head
:lol

Its cluster fuck, Kool. They embarrassed themselves. Lebron is hands down the worst superstar Finals performer of all time. Yet the nerds found a way to bump him ahead of Kobe, Shaq, and Jim.

midnightpulp
02-12-2016, 08:39 PM
Its cluster fuck, Kool. They embarrassed themselves. Lebron is hands down the worst superstar Finals performer of all time. Yet the nerds found a way to bump him ahead of Kobe, Shaq, and Jim.

Jerry West, brah.

LkrFan
02-12-2016, 08:56 PM
Jerry West, brah.

2/6 has a strong chance of catching him tbh.

Thread
02-12-2016, 10:04 PM
another great one is when they are interviewing the blonde cheerleader and Hutch is clearly distracted as she undresses. Starsky of course plays it straight but even he has a hard time. Also love the stuff between Starsky and the chubby cop who pokes fun at him in front of their fellow officers. I also did not see it in theatres and I say I will buy it on the cheap on blu ...but whenever I pass it on cable it's one of those I watch until at least the commercial (if it's on free cable). On HBO it's a must watch.

Yep, and those parts you mention could be pedestrian fare, but, here, in this film, they're fresh and bright. Nearly new. And it's a busy film, but, it works splendidly even in that constant commotion, intended movement.

Yep, you can pick it up anywhere along the way and enjoy it.

ambchang
02-13-2016, 07:19 AM
I kinda got lost when you listed the stats and said kobes were clearly better how were they clearly better? If anything, fun and were clearly better.

Koolaid_Man
02-13-2016, 08:58 AM
It's nice to see Spur fan spinning when they have no answer....in response to my OP

DPG....trying to deflect away
Elkshitslayer....talking about Croshere
Midnightpulp.....Avoiding and Spinning the topic

And Ambchang......:lol in denial

ambchang
02-13-2016, 02:28 PM
It's nice to see Spur fan spinning when they have no answer....in response to my OP

DPG....trying to deflect away
Elkshitslayer....talking about Croshere
Midnightpulp.....Avoiding and Spinning the topic

And Ambchang......:lol in denial

Seriously, how were those better stats?

Koolaid_Man
02-13-2016, 06:52 PM
Seriously, how were those better stats?

Jew strategy.....you tell me how they're not....I will be waiting :lol

ambchang
02-13-2016, 11:26 PM
Jew strategy.....you tell me how they're not....I will be waiting :lol

Lower blocks lower rebounds higher points steals and assists. Looks pretty even to me.

Koolaid_Man
02-13-2016, 11:50 PM
Lower blocks lower rebounds higher points steals and assists. Looks pretty even to me.

:lol um no.....points , steals, Assists as a 2 guard...playing Robin? With task of defending the most athletic position night in night out....Kobe's numbers are far more impressive

HemisfairArena
02-13-2016, 11:52 PM
Aids,,,,at what point do you admit Duncan is the best player of his generation?

Koolaid_Man
02-14-2016, 12:02 AM
Aids,,,,at what point do you admit Duncan is the best player of his generation?

When his peers say he is like they've said of Kobe :lol

ambchang
02-15-2016, 08:58 AM
:lol um no.....points , steals, Assists as a 2 guard...playing Robin? With task of defending the most athletic position night in night out....Kobe's numbers are far more impressive

A 2 guard having more steals and assists than a 4/5 is impressive? So you think monta Ellis is better than shaq?

Great if you to acknowledge Kobe as the robin though. You finally came to after so many years.

Koolaid_Man
02-16-2016, 07:39 AM
A 2 guard having more steals and assists than a 4/5 is impressive? So you think monta Ellis is better than shaq?

Great if you to acknowledge Kobe as the robin though. You finally came to after so many years.

Yes a 2 guard having more assists is impressive.....because a 2 guard is not a point guard and a big has an easier time camping in the post and kicking it out to his shooters.....fact is I owned you chumps with this thread....all you have is weak ass bullshit to come back with....

How you like dem apples boy....:lol

ambchang
02-16-2016, 12:55 PM
Yes a 2 guard having more assists is impressive.....because a 2 guard is not a point guard and a big has an easier time camping in the post and kicking it out to his shooters.....fact is I owned you chumps with this thread....all you have is weak ass bullshit to come back with....

How you like dem apples boy....:lol

So you think Allen Iverson is a better player than Shaq, and a better passer than Bill Walton.

Thanks.

Koolaid_Man
02-16-2016, 01:39 PM
In what respects....AI was a better passer and assists man than Shaw and Walton....the true measure though is scoring ability combined with the other intangibles.....just like in Hockey its all about the puck, baseball is all about rbi's....soccer is about the goals scored....football is about the touchdowns....boxing is all about the points awarded....basketball is about scoring....

Try again chief...:lol

ambchang
02-16-2016, 10:14 PM
In what respects....AI was a better passer and assists man than Shaw and Walton....the true measure though is scoring ability combined with the other intangibles.....just like in Hockey its all about the puck, baseball is all about rbi's....soccer is about the goals scored....football is about the touchdowns....boxing is all about the points awarded....basketball is about scoring....

Try again chief...:lol

Or stopping the other team from scoring.

Mailman > Kobe.

That's what nessy said as well.