PDA

View Full Version : 76ers: Start a franchise: AI or Curry?

phxspurfan
02-12-2016, 03:09 PM
AI

http://i.cdn.turner.com/drp/nba/sixers/sites/default/files/styles/main_gallery_photo__480_tall/public/legacy/photos/1815787.jpg?itok=j8wPLgbY

Career 26.7 PPG, 3.7 RB, 6.2 AST

xTNSNiTb7p4

Curry

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/470845114-stephen-curry-of-the-golden-state-warriors-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QYYPp0WQ3inRrent4IWg48AqWlrX lg7ING2IupMs6ONEPQBZeuyB7JXZtIYOQHr0UbiOHdspbRS5Ua 0wrG0%2FiwjHUZw3lzlbsnNP141YHOJ4

Career 21.9 PPG, 4.3 RB, 6.9 AST

uRgSD7iT6ws

I'd go with AI just because he did more with less. But damn it's close.

02-12-2016, 03:10 PM
:lmao

Thread
02-12-2016, 03:15 PM
Iverson is a loser. An arch criminal.

Curry is a winner.

lefty
02-12-2016, 03:17 PM
Hard to compare since Curry has better teammates tbh

:lol Lynch
:lol McKie
:lol Snow
:lol Jumaine Jones

Chris
02-12-2016, 03:19 PM
AI all day erry day

Chris
02-12-2016, 03:20 PM

Only good teammate he had was Mutombo tbh

Thread
02-12-2016, 03:21 PM
Iverson is a loser. An arch criminal.

& thank heavens he never rang, Dale. We'd a never heard the end of it.

Thread
02-12-2016, 03:22 PM
Only good teammate he had was Mutombo tbh

& Daddy took him apart limb by limb.

Chris
02-12-2016, 03:24 PM
& Daddy took him apart limb by limb.

Daddy took everyone apart limb from limb; unstoppable in his prime

dbestpro
02-12-2016, 03:24 PM
Archibald was better than both, and played at a time when there was no three point play and there were no foul called when a small guy went inside. The one thing about Iverson that is similar to Iverson is neither played with good players when they were the primary scorer.

spursistan
02-12-2016, 03:27 PM

Fact: He played with only two All-Stars in Philly (Theo Ratliff in 2001 and the soon-to-be-decrepit Dikembe Mutombo in 2002), as well as a host of overpaid role players (Eric Snow, Aaron McKie, Kyle Korver, Kenny Thomas, Marc Jackson, Brian Skinner, Greg Buckner, Tyrone Hill, George Lynch, Corliss Williamson), overpaid underachievers (Derrick Coleman, Keith Van Horn, Sam Dalembert, Joe Smith), overpaid and washed-up veterans (Todd MacCulloch, Toni Kukoc, Chris Webber, Glenn Robinson, Matt Geiger, Billy Owens), and underachieving lottery picks (Jerry Stackhouse, Tim Thomas, Larry Hughes).

:lmao

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/061213

phxspurfan
02-12-2016, 03:28 PM

exactly. Even looking for pics for this thread I lol'd at some of his teammates in them

Theo Ratliff
http://cdn-jpg.si.com/sites/default/files/2013/11/allen-iverson.jpg

Matt Geiger
https://phillyhoopstalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/geiger1.jpg?w=222&h=300

sadly the best was probably a broken down C-Webb
http://www.nysun.com/pics/2078.jpg

or Raja Bell
http://www.csnphilly.com/sites/csnphilly/files/styles/gallery_slide/public/zkobeholding2001nbafinals.jpg?itok=88sZLROx

Supporting cast for the ages there.

Thread
02-12-2016, 03:43 PM
Daddy took everyone apart limb from limb; unstoppable in his prime

But, that was butchery. "Plain old butchery." <<<what's that line from?

TheGreatYacht
02-12-2016, 03:44 PM
AI, and it ain't even close.

AlexJones
02-12-2016, 03:46 PM
Curry and it's not close

SpursforSix
02-12-2016, 03:47 PM

One of those boxing movies. With the old man from Twilight Zone and the dude form Rhinestone.

illmatic
02-12-2016, 03:51 PM
Bad ass mix of Iverson, little guy could play.

apalisoc_9
02-12-2016, 03:53 PM
Curry is a huge part ofwhy his teamates are great. AI isnt the kind player that can elevate his teamate.

Curry is a galaxy better than AI.

Curry is a top 10 talent of all time.

illmatic
02-12-2016, 03:53 PM
All that being said give me Curry, he's been godlike behind the 3 point line.

Chris
02-12-2016, 03:54 PM

Gangs of New York? :lol

lefty
02-12-2016, 03:56 PM
AI was electrifying to watch and had an identity

Curry is not tbh, I don't care how many consecutive 3's he makes

illmatic
02-12-2016, 03:58 PM
Iverson had one helluva a cross over. He put many dudes on skates, especially Isaiah Rider on the Lakers in that highlight clip..:lol

LkrFan
02-12-2016, 03:59 PM
Curry

Chris
02-12-2016, 04:02 PM
AI pretty much invented the crossover imo and had an unstoppable midrange shot. He was a tough son of a gun too; not afraid to mix it up in the paint and go at those nasty 90's bigs. Curry has a better 3 pt shot maybe the greatest of all time, but the comparisons stop there imo

Mitch
02-12-2016, 04:05 PM
:lol Starting a franchise with a toxic character like AI?

Thread
02-12-2016, 04:08 PM
One of those boxing movies. With the old man from Twilight Zone and the dude form Rhinestone.

The SS with the goods!

Ya sit there listening to Nahan and the other guy. Never grows old.

Film. American film.

Robz4000
02-12-2016, 04:29 PM
Curry and it's not close

Seventyniner
02-12-2016, 04:44 PM
With 1990-2004 type rules I'd take Iverson. After that, Curry.

BD24
02-12-2016, 04:48 PM
Why the fuck is anyone even asking this question? Stupidity. The answer is obvious.

Dex
02-12-2016, 04:52 PM
Curry and it's not close

JamStone
02-12-2016, 04:52 PM
AI was one of my favorite players all time. Loved watching him compete like there's no tomorrow. But he was a difficult player to build around. Since he was a 6 foot SG, you had to get a tall defensive PG to play alongside him, or at least one who didn't mind matching up at SG night in and night out the way Eric Snow did. You had to put wing defenders around him to help with switches and shot blockers behind him because as hard as he played he gambled for steals so much and got beat a lot. The fact he got a team to the Finals is a testament to his talent. But the East was horrible when he did so. And they got trucked in the Finals. His low efficient scoring, ball dominant style, and aforementioned toxic personality made him a difficult guy to play with. And he never adapted or sacrificed his style for the team to get better or in order to elongate his career.

Steph is great and also unselfish. He allows teammates to shine and the attention paid to him allows his teammates to play above their talent at times. His unselfishness allows him to stay at the PG spot. When all is said and done, he'll likely be nearly as prolific a scorer as Iverson statistically and much more efficient. And he already has a championship, already his own MVP with likely at least one more on the way this season, and a good chance at a Finals MVP if the Warriors can win again, perhaps more should they run off a few in the future.

I might argue Iverson was the better or more talented individual player. Steph is the guy you want to build around.

Killakobe81
02-12-2016, 04:56 PM
AI was one of my favorite players all time. Loved watching him compete like there's no tomorrow. But he was a difficult player to build around. Since he was a 6 foot SG, you had to get a tall defensive PG to play alongside him, or at least one who didn't mind matching up at SG night in and night out the way Eric Snow did. You had to put wing defenders around him to help with switches and shot blockers behind him because as hard as he played he gambled for steals so much and got beat a lot. The fact he got a team to the Finals is a testament to his talent. But the East was horrible when he did so. And they got trucked in the Finals. His low efficient scoring, ball dominant style, and aforementioned toxic personality made him a difficult guy to play with. And he never adapted or sacrificed his style for the team to get better or in order to elongate his career.

Steph is great and also unselfish. He allows teammates to shine and the attention paid to him allows his teammates to play above their talent at times. His unselfishness allows him to stay at the PG spot. When all is said and done, he'll likely be nearly as prolific a scorer as Iverson statistically and much more efficient. And he already has a championship, already his own MVP with likely at least one more on the way this season, and a good chance at a Finals MVP if the Warriors can win again, perhaps more should they run off a few in the future.

I might argue Iverson was the better or more talented individual player. Steph is the guy you want to build around.

Great post Jam good to see you around these parts. Don't see how you don't take Steph.

baseline bum
02-12-2016, 05:46 PM
How is this even a question? Curry is a far better shooter, the best in league history. Curry is a better ballhandler. Curry is a better passer. Curry is a legit point guard. Curry is a better teammate. I guess Iverson's a better rapper, but that's it.

apalisoc_9
02-12-2016, 06:31 PM
How is this even a question? Curry is a far better shooter, the best in league history. Curry is a better ballhandler. Curry is a better passer. Curry is a legit point guard. Curry is a better teammate. I guess Iverson's a better rapper, but that's it.

Don't forget, curry is better at practice too..

JoeTait75
02-12-2016, 06:44 PM

Yeah, but you pretty much had to put guys like that around AI because he was going to shoot the ball 30-40 times a night and you needed to surround him with people who were willing to put in the dirty work and not get the ball.

As for the original question... Curry. By a mile. And I loved AI- pound for pound, inch for inch one of the toughest guys I've ever seen play the game.

midnightpulp
02-12-2016, 06:45 PM
Wardell by a landslide.

hater
02-12-2016, 06:49 PM
Curry would get bukkaked by the ShowTime Lakers in that sixers team tbqh

Benoit
02-12-2016, 06:59 PM
:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

Iverson isnt better than Steph at anything

Even his famous ball-handling is killed by Steph

Youd have to be an idiot to compare Steph to anybody but MJ and Kobe at the guard positions

HarlemHeat37
02-12-2016, 07:19 PM
:lol Iverson is one of the most overrated players of all-time, tbh..comparing him to Curry is just foolish..

Killakobe81
02-12-2016, 07:54 PM
:lol Iverson is one of the most overrated players of all-time, tbh..comparing him to Curry is just foolish..

I was calling Kobe the people's champ in kool's thread ...

AI was the champ in the hood. I remember so many inner city kids loved AI more than Kobe. That has changed some but most of my hood niccas preffered AI and it's not close.

Who do you think the hood champ is right now? Is there a modern player who is more popular in the hood than with the casual common NBA fan?

Also hood girls loved AI too ... I if i had a dollar for every hood chick that loved his eyes, tatts or his braids ...smh.

Chris
02-12-2016, 08:19 PM
AI was the champ in the hood. I remember so many inner city kids loved AI more than Kobe. That has changed some but most of my hood niccas preffered AI and it's not close.

Who do you think the hood champ is right now? Is there a modern player who is more popular in the hood than with the casual common NBA fan?

Also hood girls loved AI too ... I if i had a dollar for every hood chick that loved his eyes, tatts or his braids ...smh.

Real recognize real, thats why he was more popular. Iverson dominated the league for about 13 seasons. Curry has been around for 6 and really only dominated 1 and half seasons so far. Iverson was schoolin nigs his first season.:lol A lot of people only remember how he went out (similar to Kobe) not wanting to come off the bench. He was hated on for the Billups trade as well.

HarlemHeat37
02-12-2016, 08:20 PM
I was calling Kobe the people's champ in kool's thread ...

I had 2 Iverson jerseys in middle school and at least 2 pairs of Answers, tbh:lol..I used to love him, just like everybody else..once I got older, I realized how overrated he was as a player, though..

I lived in NY at the time, and you would see far more Iverson jerseys than Knicks IIRC..

I don't think there's a hood champ anymore..everything has changed..most of the new players in the league aren't from poverty, and a lot of the "traditional" hoods have diverted from Black to Hispanic, too..

Killakobe81
02-12-2016, 08:23 PM
I had 2 Iverson jerseys in middle school and at least 2 pairs of Answers, tbh:lol..I used to love him, just like everybody else..once I got older, I realized how overrated he was as a player, though..

I lived in NY at the time, and you would see far more Iverson jerseys than Knicks IIRC..

I don't think there's a hood champ anymore..everything has changed..most of the new players in the league aren't from poverty, and a lot of the "traditional" hoods have diverted from Black to Hispanic, too..

Maybe westbrook is the closest. But then when my niccas see those outfits ... they wince ...Wade also had a bit of street cred before he went Hollywood. What about Jimmy Butler? he may not be hood but he sure looks as though he could be found in teh most grimey of hoods and blend right in

Killakobe81
02-12-2016, 08:24 PM
and I meant more than the casual NBA is there a dude with more street cred then nerd heard cred ...

100%duncan
02-13-2016, 07:45 AM
Why is this a question

tlongII
02-13-2016, 09:39 AM
AI was the most overrated player of all time. The East was a complete joke when he played. He never came close to winning a ring.

Pelicans78
02-13-2016, 09:41 AM

Sixers purposely surrounded Iverson with role players/defenders because other scorers didn't fit well next to him. Larry Hughes, Stackhouse, and Kukoc were all traded to appease him.

Agloco
02-13-2016, 09:56 AM
:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

Iverson isnt better than Steph at anything

Even his famous ball-handling is killed by Steph

Youd have to be an idiot to compare Steph to anybody but MJ and Kobe at the guard positions

And 1.5 years ago you're laughing the other way.

Same syndrome as with this list of All Time Greats that ESPN put out.

Lol 23 based on 1.5 years of work.

02-13-2016, 10:26 AM
Well with Curry I'd have sacrifice the first four years because he would keep Rollin his ankle. But if his prime lasts three or four more years then it would absolutely be worth it. Wouldn't even consider starting a franchise with AI though so the question is moot.

02-13-2016, 10:52 AM
Maybe westbrook is the closest. But then when my niccas see those outfits ... they wince ...Wade also had a bit of street cred before he went Hollywood. What about Jimmy Butler? he may not be hood but he sure looks as though he could be found in teh most grimey of hoods and blend right in
If it was 2012 I would definitely say JR Smith(which is funny because he comes from a middle class home), but the league is white washed nowadays.

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-13-2016, 12:13 PM
I'll take the guy who doesn't shoot .400 for his career. Not even close, tbh.

Thread
02-13-2016, 02:30 PM
If it was 2012 I would definitely say JR Smith(which is funny because he comes from a middle class home), but the league is white washed nowadays.

And I got a feeling that it was that (middle class home) that finally convinced him to not take more step to that abyss edge.

TrainOfThought5
02-13-2016, 02:35 PM

you forgot D-Rose

~O~
02-13-2016, 03:10 PM
I'm not even gonna lie. Jimmy Butler looks like the guy you'd find on those scooter things with beats headphones on, golds, neck and arm tats and a gangster lean.

HarlemHeat37
02-13-2016, 07:19 PM

I would take 2 years of Curry(2014-2015 and 2015-2016) and he can subsequently leave my franchise over having Iverson for 15 years, tbh:lol..wouldn't think too hard about it, either..

Iverson's mystique is entirely based on his 2001 run in one of the worst conferences in the modern era, also fueled by the misconception of his "weak" supporting cast that was built perfectly around his cancerous style of play..

apalisoc_9
02-13-2016, 07:55 PM
Anyone who thinks iverson is better than curry should have his head checked

Mitch
02-13-2016, 08:03 PM

Look at this dumb fuck again :lol

Curry was a much more versatile player than AI even in the '13-'14 season. His only downside was mediocre defense and injury prone at the time

UNT Eagles 2016
02-13-2016, 08:50 PM
& thank heavens he never rang, Dale. We'd a never heard the end of it.
they should have just cancelled the rest of the finals after Iverson pwned Lue on that crossover in overtime

Thread
02-13-2016, 09:21 PM
they should have just cancelled the rest of the finals after Iverson pwned Lue on that crossover in overtime

But, Lue hung in there and shoved Iverson into a hole.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-13-2016, 09:27 PM
But, Lue hung in there and shoved Iverson into a hole.
wut? Ive made the shot with Lue on the floor.

Agloco
02-13-2016, 09:48 PM
Look at this dumb fuck again :lol

Curry was a much more versatile player than AI even in the '13-'14 season. His only downside was mediocre defense and injury prone at the time

I'd like to think that you can't possibly be this stupid.....you just keep delivering though.

What part of 1.5 years ago are you having trouble with?

Agloco
02-13-2016, 09:50 PM
I would take 2 years of Curry(2014-2015 and 2015-2016) and he can subsequently leave my franchise over having Iverson for 15 years, tbh:lol..wouldn't think too hard about it, either..

Iverson's mystique is entirely based on his 2001 run in one of the worst conferences in the modern era, also fueled by the misconception of his "weak" supporting cast that was built perfectly around his cancerous style of play..

Sure. My point was that it's interesting what 1.5 years of work has done to Currys stock. No one can tell me with a straight face that it would have been an easy decision at that point. Now it is obviously.

Mitch
02-13-2016, 09:54 PM
I'd like to think that you can't possibly be this stupid.....you just keep delivering though.

What part of 1.5 years ago are you having trouble with?

Damn... I was just kidding about the stupid part, but you actually might be retarded :lol

What part of "13-14 season" don't you understand you autistic fuckstick.

Thread
02-13-2016, 10:03 PM

The first cogent piece by Har since like Artest put that back just up the street.

DAF86
02-13-2016, 10:40 PM
The fuck is this shit? :lol

Curry and the OP should automatically get an STD for even asking this. Iverson isn't even a better player than folks like Ginobili or Nash.