PDA

View Full Version : Product Of The System!!??!! SMH

Thomas82
02-12-2016, 06:44 PM
I was just having a debate at my job with a non-Spurs fan that's not exactly the most knowledgeable basketball fan. In fact, he's one of those Golden State pole-blowers. This fool said that Tim Duncan has been the product of the Spurs' system throughout his career and that he has always had other A-1 players playing next to him. Before I shot down that illogical theory, the first question I asked him was: "How can he be a product of a system, when the system was built around him and designed to maximize his gifts?" I don't believe Manu and Tony would be Hall Of Famers if they didn't play with TD, but they would still be nice, serviceable players. Am I off on that one? If I am, let me know something.

apalisoc_9
02-12-2016, 06:47 PM
2003 TD is the single most dominant player Ive ever seen. Only Lebron 2012 comes close.

Casual fans are retard.

bic50
02-12-2016, 06:53 PM
I was just having a debate at my job with a non-Spurs fan that's not exactly the most knowledgeable basketball fan. In fact, he's one of those Golden State pole-blowers. This fool said that Tim Duncan has been the product of the Spurs' system throughout his career and that he has always had other A-1 players playing next to him. Before I shot down that illogical theory, the first question I asked him was: "How can he be a product of a system, when the system was built around him and designed to maximize his gifts?" I don't believe Manu and Tony would be Hall Of Famers if they didn't play with TD, but they would still be nice, serviceable players. Am I off on that one? If I am, let me know something.

I've heard manu mention multiple times that he knew as long as he played with Tim Duncan they would always be contending for a championship for his entire career. And he was right.

TheGreatYacht
02-12-2016, 07:03 PM
Casuals overrating Pop's system, per par lmao... No Duncan, no rings, Pop is out after 2 years.

ChumpDumper
02-12-2016, 07:04 PM
Tim Duncan was the system for about eight years.

steeledl
02-12-2016, 07:10 PM
Don't discuss any sport in any serious manner with fans who aren't knowledgable...... Will avoid a lot annoyance . Learned that in college.

Thomas82
02-12-2016, 09:56 PM
Casuals overrating Pop's system, per par lmao... No Duncan, no rings, Pop is out after 2 years.

Cosign!!

scanry
02-12-2016, 10:02 PM

More like 10 years. His run ended after the 2008-09 WCF tbh.

Thomas82
02-12-2016, 11:35 PM
More like 10 years. His run ended after the 2008-09 WCF tbh.

Well then that makes it 12 years.

Spurtacular
02-13-2016, 01:34 AM
Tim Duncan was the fucking system from his Wake Forest days at least through 2007.

Spurtacular
02-13-2016, 01:35 AM
2003 TD is the single most dominant player Ive ever seen. Only Lebron 2012 comes close.

Casual fans are retard.

Do you think that if you consistently inconsistently not conjugate, we'll buy your faggoty story about being a FOB?

Fireball
02-13-2016, 02:03 AM
Tim Duncan was the fucking system from his Wake Forest days at least through 2007.

sexinthatsx
02-13-2016, 02:23 AM

Your co-worker must be 18 years old and knows practically nothing about the Spurs dominating for the past 2 decades

ElNono
02-13-2016, 02:26 AM
You need a new job

skulls138
02-13-2016, 02:45 AM
Tim Duncan is the system. He is the rock, the glue, the soul of the team. He also is surrounded by great players and thats why theyve won FIVE RINGS!!!! This is the important point to remember. To win five rings youve got to have arguably one of the best players of all time if not the best plus other HOF'rs plus a HOF coach. How is this different than teams of the Celtics, Bulls, Lakers, Yankees, Steelers etc. Its not, because you need multiple things to be this successful. Just slap your co-worker.

SpursIndonesia
02-13-2016, 07:36 AM

a 19 yrs old Parker ran circles around HOFers Payton, shredding his gloves along the way, and non NBA Manu destroyed the dream team in Indiana 2002, so big fuckin NO that those guys would have been only serviceable NBA players should they not having a career alongside TD in the NBA. Might never win any championship, but we'll never know that for sure, but they are legit all star level players at the very least IMHO.

EVAY
02-13-2016, 07:40 AM
If you get the opportunity to do so, fire your co-worker. He's too stupid to have a job.

Thomas82
02-13-2016, 08:50 AM
You need a new job

You don't have to tell me........I needed a new job the day I started working at this place.

Thomas82
02-13-2016, 08:51 AM
Tim Duncan is the system. He is the rock, the glue, the soul of the team. He also is surrounded by great players and thats why theyve won FIVE RINGS!!!! This is the important point to remember. To win five rings youve got to have arguably one of the best players of all time if not the best plus other HOF'rs plus a HOF coach. How is this different than teams of the Celtics, Bulls, Lakers, Yankees, Steelers etc. Its not, because you need multiple things to be this successful. Just slap your co-worker.

+1

BillMc
02-13-2016, 09:32 AM

Manu still might be a hall of famer because of the 2004 Olympic victory. That was probably the most significant thing to happen in international basketball (the invincible US beaten on the Olympic stage with the world watching) since the advent of professional players. Manu was key to that. The International Committee of the HOF was not going to omit that, even if Manu never won an NBA title. Parker may or may not have made it. Too much of a hypothetical to say.

But Duncan was the system (as someone else here said) from Wake Forest until at least 2008. And until this year (when the LMA/Kawhi tandem really took over) was still arguably the most important player. He sure was the best against the Clippers last year.

Even now he still sets the tone for the team. LMA has ditched his diva routine and fallen in line. Tony has through the years seemed like he could slip into a diva-ish way, but never got far off because of the Duncan/Pop/Robinson culture. Now that Tony has matured he's one of the real leaders of the team.

At his age there are a few players on this team who are better (Kawhi and LMA) but he is still HUGE on and off the court.

Thomas82
02-13-2016, 09:47 AM
Manu still might be a hall of famer because of the 2004 Olympic victory. That was probably the most significant thing to happen in international basketball (the invincible US beaten on the Olympic stage with the world watching) since the advent of professional players. Manu was key to that. The International Committee of the HOF was not going to omit that, even if Manu never won an NBA title. Parker may or may not have made it. Too much of a hypothetical to say.

But Duncan was the system (as someone else here said) from Wake Forest until at least 2008. And until this year (when the LMA/Kawhi tandem really took over) was still arguably the most important player. He sure was the best against the Clippers last year.

Even now he still sets the tone for the team. LMA has ditched his diva routine and fallen in line. Tony has through the years seemed like he could slip into a diva-ish way, but never got far off because of the Duncan/Pop/Robinson culture. Now that Tony has matured he's one of the real leaders of the team.

At his age there are a few players on this team who are better (Kawhi and LMA) but he is still HUGE on and off the court.

Good post!!

Spurtacular
02-13-2016, 01:19 PM

Not that your conclusion is wrong....

I didn't think the US was at all invincible. And I hate that the pundits try to act like Manu's HOF credentials need a boost from Argentina when that is basically a sliver of his illustrious exploits.

Drachen
02-13-2016, 01:45 PM

Let me look back at the play calling sachem from 1997 to 2005:
4 down4 down 4 down4 down 4 down4 down 4 down4 down4 down4 down 4 down4 down 4 down4 down 4 down4 down 4 down4 down 4 down4 down 4 down4 down 4 down4 down4 down4 down 4 down4 down 4 down4 down 4 down4 down 4 down4 down 4 down4 down 4 down4 down 4 down4 down4 down4 down 4 down4 down 4 down4 down 4 down4 down 4 down4 down 4 down4 down 4 down4 down 4 down4 down4 down4 down 4 down4 down 4 down4 down 4 down4 down

Raven
02-13-2016, 01:49 PM
Manu and Tony would have been hall of famers regardless.

BatManu20
02-13-2016, 02:25 PM
Four-Down was the system.

Poolboy5623
02-13-2016, 03:16 PM
Td is goat pf. The end.

skulls138
02-13-2016, 03:29 PM
Not that your conclusion is wrong....

I didn't think the US was at all invincible. And I hate that the pundits try to act like Manu's HOF credentials need a boost from Argentina when that is basically a sliver of his illustrious exploits.I agree but people use it to show that its not just because of the system or TD or Pops. Four rings takes all that and Manu and Tony and Robinson and Kawhi for that matter. One or two rings, you could say they were protected by the system but not four or five.

rasuo214
02-13-2016, 08:51 PM
I'm not sure why people try to diss players based on a system, as if it's a bad thing. MJ had the triangle, Curry went from good/great player to godly in Kerr's system. A system is just the coach actually doing their job and getting the most out of their players.

Old School 44
02-13-2016, 09:48 PM
Manu and Tony would have been hall of famers regardless.
Agree... TDs the GOAT power forward, but I disagree with the narrative that he played with a bunch of system players who only thrived because of it.

DMC
02-14-2016, 02:43 AM
This is Spurs talk, not Kawhi talk or Danny talk or Tim or Tony talk. If the Spurs have a system that allows shit players to flourish, that's pretty sweet because it means if we get good ones we're in like Flynn.

Kawhitstorm
02-14-2016, 02:53 AM
Rule #1: Don't argue with a fool:wakeup