PDA

View Full Version : New Manu Article 2/13/2016

ElNono
02-13-2016, 02:06 AM
It was a delicate situation and I had a terrible time, but now I'm better and in a good mood

SAN ANTONIO.- Fortunately, the difficult times are behind me and I'm definitely much better. The first week, which everybody said it was going to hurt a lot and be difficult, it's gone. And it really was complicated, especially the first three days. It was a ton of pain, very uncomfortable and everything else you can imagine. As the hours went by everything relaxed and now my quality of life is much improved, I do things normally. I can walk normally, drive, almost everything. The first few days I was in bed all day, always horizontal and with a fairly important amount of discomfort. Now I'm getting better. It's a matter of time, see how the area improves and everything heals. It was a surgery that was invasive and delicate. That's why it takes a while to recover. The doctors don't yet know how long it's going to take until it fully rehabilitates. Basically that will depend on the amount of pain I can handle or when the discomfort in the area is gone. There's not a lot of cases of this; you can count them with the fingers in one hand. So the only thing we know is that it's four weeks minimum. If it's more or less time, it's going to be dictated by how the injury evolves. There's no time table.

Because the surgery went well and everything is more or less taken care of, I feel more calm and have a better mood. I'm fine in that aspect. Because I'm at a different stage in life I take things a bit easier and with less anxiety. I was certainly worried about my health. I'm aware this is going to take some time and I won't be able to rush back. It's possible that when I'm ten days or a week away from coming back I'll get a bit more impatient. I'm also aware that I will have to do a physical workout to get back in game shape, which is something I don't particularly enjoy, but well, I know I have to do it. That's going to be more complicated, but right now I'm enjoying the good news about my health, that I'm well and my family. To heal faster I have the best nurse in the world: Many, who takes care of everything. This happening during winter is even worse, since one of the kids is always with a cough or one of those things you always get during this time of the year. So she's been here and there and everywhere. She was spectacular. Luckily, I'm able to do things by myself now and I can help her. But truth be told, for seven days I was just another baby at the house.

All that said, and despite the discomfort, I followed what the team was doing. Like always, really. And I feel we're doing things within the expectations we had. We knew that this part of the season had some difficult games, like the Golden State and Cleveland ones, against two teams we knew we could lose the game, so no problem there. It's true that we lost kind of ugly against both and they were much better than us. That did hurt a bit. But the reality is that it wasn't dramatic. We didn't have to go back to the drawing board or change drastically the way we play. We simply lost a couple of games and the team kept winning the games we were supposed to win. Perhaps in a few we didn't play very well, like against the Lakers, but those are things that happen during a long season. We started the "Rodeo" road trip winning a back to back. Games that might not have been very complicated, but they were also not guaranteed wins. We beat Miami pretty well, and then we beat, without playing particularly well, Orlando in the last shot of the game. And this last game was without Tony and with Tim coming back after missing sever or eight games. So I think we're alright. We're in good shape. It's true I didn't like to lose against those other monster teams, but it was within reason we could lose those games. The team keeps going at a steady pace and with an admirable record. I think this is actually our best start ever and with that I don't mean to imply this is the best Spurs team ever, but it does mean something, we're doing something right. And despite we've lost against top teams like Oklahoma City, Golden State, Cleveland, Toronto and Chicago, we're not rattled by that. It does keeps us alert and that's a good thing. We have to get better to beat the better teams. We know we can't lose focus against those teams, because if we do, in five minutes they'll kill you. But our record is well over 80% and it's really amazing.

I know a lot of people talk about Golden State and we suffered them. Some people even ask how do you stop them and the truth appears to be that there isn't a clear way. First, Curry can't have an inspired night, and same for the rest of the team, like it happened against us and in so many other of their games. I don't know if there's a way to beat them and frankly right at this moment I don't care. How do we beat them could interest me on a May 25th or June 2nd. Beating them now only adds one in the win column, and that's it. It is true that they're going through an incredible moment, playing extraordinary basketball and with an admirable level of confidence. But we'll deal with how to stop them when we get to a playoff series.

I follow our team from home and honestly it feels weird. And on top of that, since I couldn't get out of the house for three days and could only drive after a week, now that I can go visit my teammates, they're on vacations. And when they get back they'll be on the road for another 10 days due to the road trip. So I won't see them until Feb 27. It's weird because being away from the team never happens. So through some texting and jokes that come and go I stay in touch with everybody. Meeting the whole team will have to wait.

I know a lot of people were worried about me, especially in Argentina. I want to thank everyone for the messages on the social networks. At first there was a lot of joking, like it usually happens with this kind of topics, but when the surgery was announced, I received a lot of affection and good wishes. Fortunately the worst part is over. It was a delicate situation and I had a terrible time, but now I'm better and in a good mood, which is fundamental. I'll be enjoying the family until I can get back on the court to compete again. I know that's not a priority right now and it's going to take some time. With patience, I'll wait for my moment.

----

Original Article in Spanish:
http://canchallena.lanacion.com.ar/1870756-la-columna-de-manu-ginobili-tras-su-lesion-testicular-fue-delicado-y-no-la-pase-bien-pero-ahora-estoy-mejor-y-de-buen-humor

spursistan
02-13-2016, 02:19 AM
Thanks Elnono for the effort put in :toast...

Silver&Black
02-13-2016, 02:28 AM
ElNono...

Mi negro

:tu

AFMadison
02-13-2016, 02:29 AM
Thanks Elnono for the effort put in :toast...

KenziE
02-13-2016, 02:34 AM
Thanks Nono

daslicer
02-13-2016, 03:03 AM
I know a lot of people talk about Golden State and we suffered them. Some people even ask how do you stop them and the truth appears to be that there isn't a clear way. First, Curry can't have an inspired night, and same for the rest of the team, like it happened against us and in so many other of their games. I don't know if there's a way to beat them and frankly right at this moment I don't care. How do we beat them could interest me on a May 25th or June 2nd. Beating them now only adds one in the win column, and that's it. It is true that they're going through an incredible moment, playing extraordinary basketball and with an admirable level of confidence. But we'll deal with how to stop them when we get to a playoff series.

Manu pretty much sums up how I feel about the Warriors.

Vic Petro
02-13-2016, 03:11 AM
:toast

02-13-2016, 04:28 AM
Great insight. Thanks as always with these

Pauleta14
02-13-2016, 05:02 AM
Thanks for the translation ElNono!

siraulo23
02-13-2016, 05:14 AM
Awesome

:tu

MultiTroll
02-13-2016, 06:49 AM
And despite we've lost against top teams like Oklahoma City, Golden State, Cleveland, Toronto and Chicago, we're not rattled by that. It does keeps us alert and that's a good thing. We have to get better to beat the better teams. We know we can't lose focus against those teams, because if we do, in five minutes they'll kill you. But our record is well over 80% and it's really amazing.

I like this balanced viewpoint.

MultiTroll
02-13-2016, 06:58 AM
Above all his health is okay.

Basketballwise, glad to hear his view of Golden State. Most of us were not even alive when the heavily favored Yankees played Pittsburg in a 7 game series. The Yankees clobbered Pittsburg in 3 games. But the 4 games Pittsburg won were all very close. I wonder if the same thing can happen vs Golden. So they run the Spurs out of the gym 2 or 3 games. Not gonna matter if we end up winning 4, even if all 4 of those are close or OT games. Cleveland was up 2 -1 and while some will say Cleveland never had a chance, I call bullshit. Injuries to Irving, then Bella and even softie Love def hurt the Cavs. It was not all Golden Fags doing. So I was encouraged to hear Manu say for now Golden may be unbeatable, but so what. That is for now. We shall see what May and June bring.

EVAY
02-13-2016, 07:37 AM
As always, thanks for the translation, E-N.

Manu's comments reinforce that this was a significant and delicate surgery with AT LEAST a 4 week recovery period, and since he will not have trained in any way during those four weeks, it is certainly not impossible for me to see this whole thing lasting two months. It will take at least two weeks for him to regain in-game shape after he comes back. If the surgical recovery ends up being 6 weeks instead of 4, that is very easily imaginable.

Like you, E-N, I don't honestly expect to see Manu at 100% again this season. And if that is correct, the implications for how far the team goes in the playoffs is huge. But, it is a great season and has been a great season, and even if Manu comes back at 75 or 80%, I will enjoy seeing the big three on the court together for what I am convinced will be the last time. We are genuinely witnessing the end of the best era of basketball in San Antonio's history, imo.

SpursIndonesia
02-13-2016, 07:44 AM
Not a single word about Anderson reaching over for personal apology ? That fucking scumbag ..... :flipoff

BillMc
02-13-2016, 07:56 AM
It was a delicate situation and I had a terrible time, but now I'm better and in a good mood

SAN ANTONIO.- Fortunately, the difficult times are behind me and I'm definitely much better. The first week, which everybody said it was going to hurt a lot and be difficult, it's gone. And it really was complicated, especially the first three days. It was a ton of pain, very uncomfortable and everything else you can imagine. As the hours went by everything relaxed and now my quality of life is much improved, I do things normally. I can walk normally, drive, almost everything. The first few days I was in bed all day, always horizontal and with a fairly important amount of discomfort. Now I'm getting better. It's a matter of time, see how the area improves and everything heals. It was a surgery that was invasive and delicate. That's why it takes a while to recover. The doctors don't yet know how long it's going to take until it fully rehabilitates. Basically that will depend on the amount of pain I can handle or when the discomfort in the area is gone. There's not a lot of cases of this; you can count them with the fingers in one hand. So the only thing we know is that it's four weeks minimum. If it's more or less time, it's going to be dictated by how the injury evolves. There's no time table.

Because the surgery went well and everything is more or less taken care of, I feel more calm and have a better mood. I'm fine in that aspect. Because I'm at a different stage in life I take things a bit easier and with less anxiety. I was certainly worried about my health. I'm aware this is going to take some time and I won't be able to rush back. It's possible that when I'm ten days or a week away from coming back I'll get a bit more impatient. I'm also aware that I will have to do a physical workout to get back in game shape, which is something I don't particularly enjoy, but well, I know I have to do it. That's going to be more complicated, but right now I'm enjoying the good news about my health, that I'm well and my family. To heal faster I have the best nurse in the world: Many, who takes care of everything. This happening during winter is even worse, since one of the kids is always with a cough or one of those things you always get during this time of the year. So she's been here and there and everywhere. She was spectacular. Luckily, I'm able to do things by myself now and I can help her. But truth be told, for seven days I was just another baby at the house.

All that said, and despite the discomfort, I followed what the team was doing. Like always, really. And I feel we're doing things within the expectations we had. We knew that this part of the season had some difficult games, like the Golden State and Cleveland ones, against two teams we knew we could lose the game, so no problem there. It's true that we lost kind of ugly against both and they were much better than us. That did hurt a bit. But the reality is that it wasn't dramatic. We didn't have to go back to the drawing board or change drastically the way we play. We simply lost a couple of games and the team kept winning the games we were supposed to win. Perhaps in a few we didn't play very well, like against the Lakers, but those are things that happen during a long season. We started the "Rodeo" road trip winning a back to back. Games that might not have been very complicated, but they were also not guaranteed wins. We beat Miami pretty well, and then we beat, without playing particularly well, Orlando in the last shot of the game. And this last game was without Tony and with Tim coming back after missing sever or eight games. So I think we're alright. We're in good shape. It's true I didn't like to lose against those other monster teams, but it was within reason we could lose those games. The team keeps going at a steady pace and with an admirable record. I think this is actually our best start ever and with that I don't mean to imply this is the best Spurs team ever, but it does mean something, we're doing something right. And despite we've lost against top teams like Oklahoma City, Golden State, Cleveland, Toronto and Chicago, we're not rattled by that. It does keeps us alert and that's a good thing. We have to get better to beat the better teams. We know we can't lose focus against those teams, because if we do, in five minutes they'll kill you. But our record is well over 80% and it's really amazing.

I follow our team from home and honestly it feels weird. And on top of that, since I couldn't get out of the house for three days and could only drive after a week, now that I can go visit my teammates, they're on vacations. And when they get back they'll be on the road for another 10 days due to the road trip. So I won't see them until Feb 27. It's weird because being away from the team never happens. So through some texting and jokes that come and go I stay in touch with everybody. Meeting the whole team will have to wait.

I know a lot of people were worried about me, especially in Argentina. I want to thank everyone for the messages on the social networks. At first there was a lot of joking, like it usually happens with this kind of topics, but when the surgery was announced, I received a lot of affection and good wishes. Fortunately the worst part is over. It was a delicate situation and I had a terrible time, but now I'm better and in a good mood, which is fundamental. I'll be enjoying the family until I can get back on the court to compete again. I know that's not a priority right now and it's going to take some time. With patience, I'll wait for my moment.

----

Original Article in Spanish:
http://canchallena.lanacion.com.ar/1870756-la-columna-de-manu-ginobili-tras-su-lesion-testicular-fue-delicado-y-no-la-pase-bien-pero-ahora-estoy-mejor-y-de-buen-humor

Cheers ElNono!:toast

I do things normally. I can walk normally, drive, almost everything.
No sex probably.

I think this is actually our best start ever and with that I don't mean to imply this is the best Spurs team ever, but it does mean something, we're doing something right. Manu seems a bit reserved in his judgement of the team. Probably remembers 2011 with the great start and pffftt ending.

I follow our team from home and honestly it feels weird. And on top of that, since I couldn't get out of the house for three days and could only drive after a week, now that I can go visit my teammates, they're on vacations. And when they get back they'll be on the road for another 10 days due to the road trip. So I won't see them until Feb 27. It's weird because being away from the team never happens. So through some texting and jokes that come and go I stay in touch with everybody. Meeting the whole team will have to wait. Sad to see Manu, one of the true leaders and ultimate team guys, separated from the team. It's clear he loves being with the guys. I was hoping he'd recover quickly enough to go on some road games effectively as another coach even though he couldn't play, but sounds like that is unlikely now.

pookenstein
02-13-2016, 08:09 AM
TY, Nono.

hater
02-13-2016, 08:31 AM
Get well manu

Take your time . Long time. We don't need u actually until the playoffs where we need one or two games from you in a Steve Kerr role

Uriel
02-13-2016, 08:44 AM
Get well soon, Manu. The second unit badly needs your playmaking ability.

MultiTroll
02-13-2016, 09:00 AM
Manu seems a bit reserved in his judgement of the team. Probably remembers 2011 with the great start and pffftt ending.

Absolutely.
#1 Seeds in the CIA Pop era **

1999 Champs
2001* Juan Coward took out DA
2003 Champs
2013 ouch
2014 Champs
3-4 overall on Champ or Not when #1 seed

Robz4000
02-13-2016, 09:35 AM
Thanks Nono :tu

Sounds like he could be out longer than I thought, but if he's back by April 1st that's good news. It'll give him some games to get back in game shape (including the first round provided they don't see the Pelicans).

ElNono
02-13-2016, 12:09 PM
:toast

SpursforSix
02-13-2016, 12:28 PM
Anyone think he's a coach in the future? Or would he get too frustrated with player's attitudes?

Splits
02-13-2016, 01:11 PM
That was painful to read.

loveforthegame
02-13-2016, 01:50 PM
Thanks. :toast

Spurtacular
02-13-2016, 02:22 PM
How do we beat them (GS) could interest me on a May 25th or June 2nd. Beating them now only adds one in the win column, and that's it.

Spurtacular
02-13-2016, 02:23 PM
Not a single word about Anderson reaching over for personal apology ? That fucking scumbag ..... :flipoff

If he was the apologetic type, his girlfriend wouldn't have committed suicide.

kuato
02-13-2016, 02:59 PM
I don't know, it might be good for the team, a less "physical" Manu could be a more creative one, feeding teammates at an extreme level.

SouthernFried
02-13-2016, 03:17 PM
I don't care when Manu comes back. A few weeks, a month. As long as he is in good shape for the playoffs, I'm happy.

Hell, even if he decides not to risk coming back at all, I'm happy. Manu can do no wrong in my eyes. He's done everything possible for this team, now I only care about him taking care of himself. The rest of his life is the most important thing. Still...it would be nice to see him in June. :lol

BatManu20
02-13-2016, 06:20 PM
Glad he is feeling better. Hopefully it continues to improve and he's back sooner rather tan later. Rest up Manu :tu

spurs10
02-13-2016, 07:06 PM
I don't care when Manu comes back. A few weeks, a month. As long as he is in good shape for the playoffs, I'm happy.

Hell, even if he decides not to risk coming back at all, I'm happy. Manu can do no wrong in my eyes. He's done everything possible for this team, now I only care about him taking care of himself. The rest of his life is the most important thing. Still...it would be nice to see him in June. :lol Great post SouthernFried! Manu has played with a broken arm, a broken nose, a broken foot- and he just keeps coming!! I consider his never-give-up fearless spirit an inspiration. Something tells me he'll be coming back! :chestbump