PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of hitting up a Spurs game when they're in LA

Spurtacular
02-13-2016, 06:45 PM
Spurs are in town (LA). It's like an hour plus drive to Staples for me; and I really don't mind watching on TV, tbh. But it's been a long time since I saw the Spurs live; so, I figured I'd at least consider it. If anyone else wants to go, you can let me know.

Thurs 2/18 @LAC (I remember last the last couple years being on Thursdays, too, as I was considering going).
Fri 2/19 @LAL

The Clips game would be more exciting, more competitive, I'd imagine. Tickets probably more. But then I'd have to go to bed late and wake up early for work..... Lakers game is on a Friday night. It could be kind of fun to watch the Lakers get their asses kicked and see Kobe one last time.

spurs10
02-13-2016, 06:58 PM
Spurs are in town (LA). It's like an hour plus drive to Staples for me; and I really don't mind watching on TV, tbh. But it's been a long time since I saw the Spurs live; so, I figured I'd at least consider it. If anyone else wants to go, you can let me know.

Thurs 2/18 @LAC (I remember last the last couple years being on Thursdays, too, as I was considering going).
Fri 2/19 @LAL

The Clips game would be more exciting, more competitive, I'd imagine. Tickets probably more. But then I'd have to go to bed late and wake up early for work..... Lakers game is on a Friday night. It could be kind of fun to watch the Lakers get their asses kicked and see Kobe one last time. Friday sounds fun, but I wouldn't count on the tickets being cheaper. They were selling at a premium in SA. :greedy

Spurtacular
02-13-2016, 07:39 PM
Friday sounds fun, but I wouldn't count on the tickets being cheaper. They were selling at a premium in SA. :greedy

Yea, but that's because it was Kobe's last game in SA. I imagine there's a significant bump in LA, too, as fans try to watch Kobe one last time. But I dunno what's more (LAC or LAL). I guess I'll check....

Kawhitstorm
02-13-2016, 07:46 PM

Fri 2/19 @LAL

The Clips game would be more exciting, more competitive, I'd imagine. Tickets probably more. But then I'd have to go to bed late and wake up early for work..... Lakers game is on a Friday night. It could be kind of fun to watch the Lakers get their asses kicked and see Kobe one last time.

-Clippers playoff tickets are actually CHEAPER than Fakers REGULAR season tickets.:lol

-I'm not sure where you're driving from but if you are in West LA you can take the metro rail all the way to STAPLES (..I'm assuming you live in the Valley b/c of the 1 hr commute & the fact that you're white:lol)

-I don't like going to Spurs games at STAPLES b/c the fuckin' rich FOB Asian fans who don't know anything about basketball besides the players names (aka the same folks voting for Kobe) annoy the fuck out of me (I went to Gm 1 during the playoffs b/c I thought Timmay/Manu might retire only to witness Baynes getting punked by Barnes & posterized by Blake:lol)

spurs10
02-13-2016, 08:31 PM
Yea, but that's because it was Kobe's last game in SA. I imagine there's a significant bump in LA, too, as fans try to watch Kobe one last time. But I dunno what's more (LAC or LAL). I guess I'll check.... Let us know. I'm guessing Kobe vs. Tim will also cause a premium on tickets.

Spurtacular
02-13-2016, 08:33 PM
Let us know. I'm guessing Kobe vs. Tim will also cause a premium on tickets.

Yea, you're right. On Stubhub, Clips starting @ $45. Lakers starting at an eye popping $166. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why the Lakers resigned Kobe.

Spurtacular
02-13-2016, 08:36 PM
I'm not sure where you're driving from but if you are in West LA you can take the metro rail all the way to STAPLES (..I'm assuming you live in the Valley b/c of the 1 hr commute & the fact that you're white:lol)

Harlem, Apa, Dabom, Kawhi; all the same person; always doing the same lame race schtick.

Kawhitstorm
02-13-2016, 08:45 PM
Harlem, Apa, Dabom, Kawhi; all the same person; always doing the same lame race schtick.

FACTS: white folks live in the valley, Hispanics in East LA, Asians around downtown & black folks in south central. (I'm talking about the majority in each area otherwise Asians/Hispanics are everywhere:lol)

Mugen
02-13-2016, 08:47 PM
Got some pretty good seats for the Clipper game (5th row). I'd rather not meet any of you in person tho tbh :lol

UNT Eagles 2016
02-13-2016, 08:48 PM
Let us know. I'm guessing Kobe vs. Tim will also cause a premium on tickets.
Also a weekend game vs. weekday game. Last TD/Kobe game, too.

Spurtacular
02-13-2016, 08:49 PM
FACTS: white folks live in the valley, Hispanics in East LA, Asians around downtown & black folks in south central. (I'm talking about the majority in each area otherwise Asians/Hispanics are everywhere:lol)

I agree. I just don't know why that's supposed to be funny.

Spurtacular
02-13-2016, 08:50 PM
Got some pretty good seats for the Clipper game (5th row). I'd rather not meet any of you in person tho tbh :lol

Can't blame you.

Mel_13
02-13-2016, 08:52 PM

:lol

Spurtacular
02-13-2016, 08:53 PM
Also a weekend game vs. weekday game. Last TD/Kobe game, too.

Yea, I was going to mention the weekend factor. Instead of 1:4 price ratio, it could be 1:1 or even more for Clips tickets if the days were reversed.

Normally, I could adjust my work schedule so that a Thursday trip to Staples Center wouldn't be so bad. But this time around, I can't. I'm thinking of keying in on the Lakers game; watching that final TD/Kobe match-up you speak of (if prices drop enough).

UNT Eagles 2016
02-13-2016, 09:16 PM
Yea, I was going to mention the weekend factor. Instead of 1:4 price ratio, it could be 1:1 or even more for Clips tickets if the days were reversed.

Normally, I could adjust my work schedule so that a Thursday trip to Staples Center wouldn't be so bad. But this time around, I can't. I'm thinking of keying in on the Lakers game; watching that final TD/Kobe match-up you speak of (if prices drop enough).
You should probably drink a Monster and pull an all nighter on thursday night, laze through work on friday and crash on friday night, dvr the game etc

Kawhitstorm
02-13-2016, 09:19 PM
I agree. I just don't know why that's supposed to be funny.

It's funny b/c you have no sense of humor:lol

spursistan
02-13-2016, 09:31 PM
Pop will rest Timmy for B2B against the Lakers..Better got to the Clippers..

Kawhitstorm
02-13-2016, 09:36 PM
Pop will rest Timmy for B2B against the Lakers..Better got to the Clippers..

Even if he did suit up, he probably wouldn't play more than 20 min vs. the Lakers

spursistan
02-13-2016, 09:39 PM
Even if he did suit up, he probably wouldn't play more than 20 min vs. the Lakers
yeah, since no travel involved and coming off a week rest, Tim might play both especially if we take the L vs the Clips..

Spurtacular
02-13-2016, 10:09 PM
You should probably drink a Monster and pull an all nighter on thursday night, laze through work on friday and crash on friday night, dvr the game etc

I had a couple days like that earlier this week and I paid the price for it later in the week. I'll have to monitor prices and see which is better. On the one hand, I'd get to size up a potential playoff rival in person. On the other hand, I'd get to watch the Spurs beat up on Kobe for one last time, live on a Friday night. I'm leaning towards the latter; but I'll have to see.

Spurtacular
02-13-2016, 10:11 PM

I've seen Duncan play in person. He's not called The Big Fundamental for no reason. I enjoy watching him; but twenty minutes would be sufficient. :lol

RD2191
02-13-2016, 10:12 PM

1k if you find him and punch him in the face or vagina.

Spurtacular
02-13-2016, 10:12 PM
It's funny b/c you have no sense of humor:lol

Doubling down on your childish ways. Well, no surprise.

Spurtacular
02-13-2016, 10:13 PM
1k if you find him and punch him in the face or vagina.

You wouldn't pay up even if you had that kind of flow, tbh.

spurs10
02-13-2016, 11:22 PM
Yea, you're right. On Stubhub, Clips starting @ $45. Lakers starting at an eye popping $166. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why the Lakers resigned Kobe. Well said..Jeez!:lol

Venti Quattro
02-13-2016, 11:53 PM
Yea, you're right. On Stubhub, Clips starting @ $45. Lakers starting at an eye popping $166. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why the Lakers resigned Kobe.

The Lakers are shit but Kobe puts people on the Staples Center seats, plus it's Lakers town, etc, so they can afford to charge an exorbitant sum of money and justify it. Next season they're going to feel the pinch because there's no more Kobe retirement tour to celebrate over. They'd have to actually perform well to justify charging egregious prices for tickets.

If there's any time that the Clippers can justify raising ticket prices, it's next year

Venti Quattro
02-13-2016, 11:56 PM

I have seats for the Lakers game. Fight me

dabom
02-14-2016, 03:27 AM

Ok faggot. :lmao

BatManu20
02-14-2016, 03:29 AM

:lol

spursfaninla
02-14-2016, 11:39 AM

The valley is really very diverse, and although there are more whites in the valley than in east la, south central or downtown, I don't think it is even 50%.

Reseda is in the valley, and it is full of latinos, for instance.

Per the following website, it is 41% white, 40% latino, etc.

http://maps.latimes.com/neighborhoods/region/san-fernando-valley/

Also, there are tons of middle easterners as well.

MultiTroll
02-17-2016, 12:19 PM
I had a couple days like that earlier this week and I paid the price for it later in the week. I'll have to monitor prices and see which is better. On the one hand, I'd get to size up a potential playoff rival in person. On the other hand, I'd get to watch the Spurs beat up on Kobe for one last time, live on a Friday night. I'm leaning towards the latter; but I'll have to see.
Update?

Any one else going?

spursfanLA
02-17-2016, 02:03 PM
I am going tomorrow to clippers game ! got 300 section ticket for $50.

TheDoctor
02-17-2016, 02:15 PM

Nice! Have a good time :toast

spursfanLA
02-17-2016, 02:40 PM
Thanks. I am excited about it and hope Spurs get a win !

steeledl
02-17-2016, 02:48 PM
Me too

spursfanLA
02-17-2016, 03:03 PM
Me too

which section you are in ? you will see me in my Duncan 21 Tshirt in 300s

Spurtacular
02-18-2016, 10:00 PM
Spurs vs. Clips tix at low 30's for some upper and as low as 50 for some lower (and still dropping). Not close enough to Staples to take advantage of the last minute prices though. Gonna watch on TV.

MI21
02-18-2016, 10:04 PM
I can't imagine living near LA and not going to watch the Spurs all 4 times, especially with how cheap tickets are. When I was in LA, I was sitting 10 rows from the courts for about $100US.

I'm flying from Australia to watch them next month, driving to LA from an hour or two away would be nothing tbh :lol

Beaverfuzz
02-18-2016, 10:06 PM

That's because your seats are in the shitter.

Spurtacular
02-18-2016, 10:12 PM
I can't imagine living near LA and not going to watch the Spurs all 4 times, especially with how cheap tickets are. When I was in LA, I was sitting 10 rows from the courts for about $100US.

I'm flying from Australia to watch them next month, driving to LA from an hour or two away would be nothing tbh :lol

Work hours didn't make getting home and rushing there late worth it. I might've made it work if I was up on all the smart phone nuances and what not (assuming that can be done). But I'm not worried; I could use the extra funds at this point, tbh.

I understand what you're saying about hitting up the Spurs, though. I don't know about the cheap tickets thought though. I imagine LA has among the most expensive tickets....

Beaverfuzz
02-18-2016, 10:14 PM
Spurs vs. Clips tix at low 30's for some upper and as low as 50 for some lower (and still dropping). Not close enough to Staples to take advantage of the last minute prices though. Gonna watch on TV.

anyone who sits in the upper deck of Staples deserves to be shot.

Beaverfuzz
02-18-2016, 10:15 PM
Work hours didn't make getting home and rushing there late worth it. I might've made it work if I was up on all the smart phone nuances and what not (assuming that can be done). But I'm not worried; I could use the extra funds at this point, tbh.

I understand what you're saying about hitting up the Spurs, though. I don't know about the cheap tickets thought though. I imagine LA has among the most expensive tickets....

Nah, I was about 8-10 rows back last year this exact same game for $110 a ticket.

Spurtacular
02-18-2016, 10:35 PM
anyone who sits in the upper deck of Staples deserves to be shot.

This is the only game I've been glad to have watched from the upper deck (rather than on TV):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_9qvmXiEuU

MultiTroll
02-19-2016, 11:48 AM
Condolences.
I went in 2003-4 at the height of the rivalry and paid $200 a seat or so.
Spurs got waxed from the start and were behind by 29 in the 3rd qtr.
http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=231128013

spursfanLA
02-19-2016, 12:50 PM
Enjoyed game yesterday from upper deck although spurs lost. I was screaming loud when David West was making the run to get within 5/6 points.
Clearly Pop didnt want to win the game after he removed Boban while he was playing well and got us within striking distance. Dont understand why Diaw played in second half much.

Hope they win today for sure or we all will be very mad :)

Beaverfuzz
02-19-2016, 10:49 PM
This is the only game I've been glad to have watched from the upper deck (rather than on TV):

Should have been in the bar at the half.

Sean Cagney
02-19-2016, 11:12 PM
Enjoyed game yesterday from upper deck although spurs lost. I was screaming loud when David West was making the run to get within 5/6 points.
Clearly Pop didnt want to win the game after he removed Boban while he was playing well and got us within striking distance. Dont understand why Diaw played in second half much.

Hope they win today for sure or we all will be very mad :)Atleast you had fun during that crap fest. I tuned out.

Sean Cagney
02-19-2016, 11:16 PM

Kobe actually hit two shots in the last 20 seconds although one did not count, that was when he was clutch and actually could make a bucket in the last minute to save his life. Later in his career he was/is very bad in the clutch with a HORRIBLE %, must have been a great game.

Spurtacular
02-19-2016, 11:43 PM
Kobe actually hit two shots in the last 20 seconds although one did not count, that was when he was clutch and actually could make a bucket in the last minute to save his life. Later in his career he was/is very bad in the clutch with a HORRIBLE %, must have been a great game.

Celts were down by 14 going into the 4th or something like that. It was crazy. I didn't think Kobe got the shot off on time watching it live. I still don't. The Walker bank was pandemonium. And the C's heard the refs call just before the ref signaled and started to sprint off the court like a riot was on their bogey. It was insane. It's a shame Pierce and Walker didn't play the Lakers in 02 Finals; that would've been fun.

sexinthatsx
02-20-2016, 12:21 AM
I went to the Clippers Spurs game on Thursday and was rocking my Kawhi Leonard alternate jersey.

Man I remember back in the days whenever I went to Spurs away games at Staples Center there was only a handful of Spurs fans, and we would high five each other and exchange words. When I went on yesterday, the arena was filled with bandwagon fans. I now know how hardcore Laker fans feel like with their bandwagon fans now lol.

On a side note, you guys can add Luke from Modern Family to the list of celebrities that wear Spurs gear. I saw him yesterday with a Tim Duncan jersey!

Sean Cagney
02-20-2016, 02:21 PM
Celts were down by 14 going into the 4th or something like that. It was crazy. I didn't think Kobe got the shot off on time watching it live. I still don't. The Walker bank was pandemonium. And the C's heard the refs call just before the ref signaled and started to sprint off the court like a riot was on their bogey. It was insane. It's a shame Pierce and Walker didn't play the Lakers in 02 Finals; that would've been fun.
Yep, I think LA would have won the series but it would have been a huge step up from the Nets who just got whipped in 4 straight. LA and Boston hate eachother, still remember the big come back in the 08 finals that gave the Celts the series basically and I enjoyed every second of it.

Spurtacular
02-20-2016, 02:48 PM
Yep, I think LA would have won the series but it would have been a huge step up from the Nets who just got whipped in 4 straight. LA and Boston hate eachother, still remember the big come back in the 08 finals that gave the Celts the series basically and I enjoyed every second of it.

Yea, Pierce and Walker and the boys were fun and could've competed. Unfortunately, the Nets were their Kryptonite. They couldn't handle the uptempo game.