PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Smith and Kawhi Leonard

RayTdropout
02-13-2016, 09:17 PM
Kenny Smith is the most annoying in the world and why isn't Kl in the 3 point contest

apalisoc_9
02-13-2016, 09:18 PM
Kenny Smith is the most annoying in the world and why isn't Kl in the 3 point contest

My sources say Kawhi declined the invitation

AFMadison
02-13-2016, 10:40 PM
My sources say Kawhi declined the invitation
Another epic fail by this scrub

HarlemHeat37
02-13-2016, 11:06 PM
It was a weekend centered around light-skin players, tbh..the NBA has made a concerted effort to redeem the middle-aged White demographic after losing them for the majority of the 21st century, so far..

When middle-aged White American man watched the festivities tonight, the NBA ensured that he could turn to his buddies or his wife and say(while cheering), "this guy is White, right?"

Curry and the Warriors have already done a great job in appealing to a wider demographic with the ambiguity of their skin color, and tonight was another victory for the NBA with the Lavine vs. Gordon showdown..looked like the 80s:lol..

Sec24Row7
02-13-2016, 11:58 PM
It was a weekend centered around light-skin players, tbh..the NBA has made a concerted effort to redeem the middle-aged White demographic after losing them for the majority of the 21st century, so far..

When middle-aged White American man watched the festivities tonight, the NBA ensured that he could turn to his buddies or his wife and say(while cheering), "this guy is White, right?"

Curry and the Warriors have already done a great job in appealing to a wider demographic with the ambiguity of their skin color, and tonight was another victory for the NBA with the Lavine vs. Gordon showdown..looked like the 80s:lol..

Yeah because Raymond is the second coming of Opie.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-14-2016, 12:06 AM
Leonard's shot release is too slow. I could see him embarrassing himself like every other Spur not named Belinelli did in that contest in the past 15 years.

KDKSpurs24
02-14-2016, 12:11 AM
Leonard's shot release is too slow. I could see him embarrassing himself like every other Spur not named Belinelli did in that contest in the past 15 years.

Too slow? Kevin Hart finished all the racks with a very slow release..

HarlemHeat37
02-14-2016, 12:22 AM
Yeah because Raymond is the second coming of Opie.

The media loves Draymond because he plays for their beloved Warriors:lol..if he was on a different team, he would be widely hated for his "antics"..

The NBA got what they wanted..the 3-point contest finalists were all light-skinned and non-threatening(including 2 from the beloved Warriors, along with the new face of the NBA in Steph Curry)..the dunk contest had 2 non-threatening, light-skinned finalists putting on arguably the best show in contest history, and they had some pop band(Walk on the Moon?) performing during a basketball event:lol..

It was a perfect night for the NBA..having a player that looks and talks like Kawhi and plays for the Spurs would have been bad business IMO..otherwise, it's pretty stupid that the #1 3-point shooter in the NBA wasn't invited to participate, despite already being in Toronto for the ASG:lol..

Tomorrow they have Sting performing(:lmao what the fuck?), and they're probably cheering for Kobe/Curry to win MVP..would make it a perfect weekend..

They're probably praying Lebron won't win, especially after Beyonce's SB show..

DenialTwist
02-14-2016, 12:44 AM
The media loves Draymond because he plays for their beloved Warriors:lol..if he was on a different team, he would be widely hated for his "antics"..

The NBA got what they wanted..the 3-point contest finalists were all light-skinned and non-threatening(including 2 from the beloved Warriors, along with the new face of the NBA in Steph Curry)..the dunk contest had 2 non-threatening, light-skinned finalists putting on arguably the best show in contest history, and they had some pop band(Walk on the Moon?) performing during a basketball event:lol..

It was a perfect night for the NBA..having a player that looks and talks like Kawhi and plays for the Spurs would have been bad business IMO..otherwise, it's pretty stupid that the #1 3-point shooter in the NBA wasn't invited to participate, despite already being in Toronto for the ASG:lol..

Tomorrow they have Sting performing(:lmao what the fuck?), and they're probably cheering for Kobe/Curry to win MVP..would make it a perfect weekend..

You hit the nail on the head. The NBA is drooling over themselves that the new face of the sport is a light skinned, non threatening superstar. David Stern cringed when Allen Iverson was famous because of his perceived "thug" appeal. I remember hearing Ethan Strauss tell Nate Duncan at the beginning of the season that the Spurs in 2013 and 2014 had the lowest rated finals and that they were bad for business because none of the Spurs had personality and none were as popular as lebron or Curry. Well, no one twenty years from now talks about the ratings, the only thing people will remember is who won a title.

Oh and yeah Kenny Smith is annoying. Remember when he said Manu back in the day wasn't that good and exciting and Magic Johnson had to put him in his place. Lol. Shaq is right, Kenny acts like he is a legend because he has two rings, riding on the back of Hakeem. Kenny was dick riding Curry all night, we get it, he is the best shooter, do you have to repeat it twenty times to Chuck? Chuck doesn't care lmao. He just did an interview saying Curry was "just a great shooter" not a playmaker and not a good defender and all the NBA writers and warriors fans jumped on Chuck like he was the devil for giving his opinion.

apalisoc_9
02-14-2016, 12:55 AM

agree 100%

Kawhi would have to battle the coons to win anything in the future. Still, some sensible writers and analyst though.

T Park
02-14-2016, 01:00 AM
God this thread is so fucking sad

HarlemHeat37
02-14-2016, 01:15 AM
You hit the nail on the head. The NBA is drooling over themselves that the new face of the sport is a light skinned, non threatening superstar. David Stern cringed when Allen Iverson was famous because of his perceived "thug" appeal. I remember hearing Ethan Strauss tell Nate Duncan at the beginning of the season that the Spurs in 2013 and 2014 had the lowest rated finals and that they were bad for business because none of the Spurs had personality and none were as popular as lebron or Curry. Well, no one twenty years from now talks about the ratings, the only thing people will remember is who won a title.

Oh and yeah Kenny Smith is annoying. Remember when he said Manu back in the day wasn't that good and exciting and Magic Johnson had to put him in his place. Lol. Shaq is right, Kenny acts like he is a legend because he has two rings, riding on the back of Hakeem. Kenny was dick riding Curry all night, we get it, he is the best shooter, do you have to repeat it twenty times to Chuck? Chuck doesn't care lmao. He just did an interview saying Curry was "just a great shooter" not a playmaker and not a good defender and all the NBA writers and warriors fans jumped on Chuck like he was the devil for giving his opinion.

Curry is just the perfect face for the league, tbh..he looks like a 12-year boy, which makes his taunting and on-court arrogance look cute, rather than threatening (as opposed to poor Cam Newton, for instance)..

Geographically, he's in the perfect situation, nothing else even compares in North America..

He is religious, but not in an obnoxiously preachy way(which appeals to both sides of the spectrum)..he's a family man with no real threat of off-court controversy..

He is also one of the most entertaining players we have ever seen, too..

Realistically, nobody wants to see a San Antonio Spur winning over one of the Splash Brothers, especially the Spur with cornrows, tattoos and doesn't like speaking to the media:lol..this is the same league that has a fucking 64-year old Sting performing tomorrow:lmao(for a league that consists mostly of young Black men)..

HI-FI
02-14-2016, 01:22 AM
:lol yeah I don't understand how they got fucking Sting for this, and I own Mercury Falling

BatManu20
02-14-2016, 01:32 AM

:lol

TheGreatYacht
02-14-2016, 01:59 AM
Harlem is right. NBA loves them some light skins, explains why they always marketed Duncan so well.

Imagine if 3 dark skinned players teamed up in let's say, Miami(?), lol.... 100% chance Stern vetoes it

Kawhitstorm
02-14-2016, 02:18 AM
. I remember hearing Ethan Strauss tell Nate Duncan at the beginning of the season that the Spurs in 2013 and 2014 had the lowest rated finals

-The 2013 Finals was the highest rated Finals since the Celtics-Lakers 7 game series in 2010 & that was by a tiny margin (10.2 vs. 10.4)

-The 2014 Finals had the same rating as the 2008 Lakers-Celtics series

So I call BS considering Celtics/Lakers is supposed to be the marquee Finals match-up: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Basketball_Association_Nielsen_ratings#19 90s:_The_Jordan_era_and_record_highs

Kawhitstorm
02-14-2016, 02:20 AM

Kawhi would have ended like his Eastern Conference clone: Kris Middleton (Thank you for coming to Toronto :lol)

DMC
02-14-2016, 02:22 AM
Curry is just the perfect face for the league, tbh..he looks like a 12-year boy, which makes his taunting and on-court arrogance look cute, rather than threatening (as opposed to poor Cam Newton, for instance)..

Geographically, he's in the perfect situation, nothing else even compares in North America..

He is religious, but not in an obnoxiously preachy way(which appeals to both sides of the spectrum)..he's a family man with no real threat of off-court controversy..

He is also one of the most entertaining players we have ever seen, too..

Realistically, nobody wants to see a San Antonio Spur winning over one of the Splash Brothers, especially the Spur with cornrows, tattoos and doesn't like speaking to the media:lol..this is the same league that has a fucking 64-year old Sting performing tomorrow:lmao(for a league that consists mostly of young Black men)..
The audience is mostly terrorist training camp soldiers though. Jon Stewart was the only white person there. lol Lakers fans were all hajis.

Arcadian
02-14-2016, 02:23 AM

Can't you just appreciate what they did, and try not to get so caught up in their skin pigmentation?

Kawhitstorm
The audience is mostly terrorist training camp soldiers though. Jon Stewart was the only white person there. lol Lakers fans were all hajis.

Arabs don't like black people.

DMC
Matt Bonner got 2nd a few years ago. He almost won.

DMC
ergo sting

DMC
02-14-2016, 02:27 AM
Harlem is right. NBA loves them some light skins, explains why they always marketed Duncan so well.

Imagine if 3 dark skinned players teamed up in let's say, Miami(?), lol.... 100% chance Stern vetoes it
Look what a failure that ended up being though. Lebron being carried off the court in San Antonio in the fuckin' finals. The super friends getting their flanges bent by Patty fucking Mills. Now Lebron with his thug tattoos is running to racially charged music and acting like he's once again the savior of Cleveland, the shittiest city outside of Detroit.

DMC
02-14-2016, 02:28 AM

And during Black History Month at that.

Kawhitstorm
02-14-2016, 02:57 AM
Tomorrow they have Sting performing(:lmao what the fuck?).

Bruh, Sting is performing b/c your fellow Toronto residents that happen to be Arabs adore him:lol:

C3lWwBslWqg

spurs10
02-14-2016, 03:24 AM
Look what a failure that ended up being though. Lebron being carried off the court in San Antonio in the fuckin' finals. The super friends getting their flanges bent by Patty fucking Mills. Now Lebron with his thug tattoos is running to racially charged music and acting like he's once again the savior of Cleveland, the shittiest city outside of Detroit. :lol

And during Black History Month at that. Good stuff!

TrainOfThought5
02-14-2016, 03:57 AM

Blue font and awesome critique aside.. miami was the most polarizing and hated team in NBA history. Ive never seen anything like it and Im a Cowboys Fan.

DarrinS
02-14-2016, 07:36 AM

Chef Curry
02-14-2016, 08:33 AM
Kiwi in the 3pt contest against Steph and Klay.

http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_medium/1319/13196847/2585922-3423194215-ibgJ7.gif

They should just have a rematch between those 2 next year. The rest of the NBA shouldn't even bother.

HarlemHeat37
02-14-2016, 10:03 AM
Bruh, Sting is performing b/c your fellow Toronto residents that happen to be Arabs adore him:lol:

C3lWwBslWqg

There aren't that many Arabs in Toronto, bro:lol..not even sure if they would break the top 10 in TO..

You're thinking of Indians/Sri Lankans..

SpursforSix
02-14-2016, 10:06 AM
Too slow? Kevin Hart finished all the racks with a very slow release..

He's also got a much shorter distance for his arms to travel.

SpursforSix
02-14-2016, 10:08 AM
Kiwi in the 3pt contest against Steph and Klay.

http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_medium/1319/13196847/2585922-3423194215-ibgJ7.gif

They should just have a rematch between those 2 next year. The rest of the NBA shouldn't even bother.

Thy should take the top 2 NBA players, 1 top college dunker, and maybe 1 who wins a online vote.

coachmac87
02-14-2016, 10:54 AM
Harlem is racist as fuck TBH...

HarlemHeat37
02-14-2016, 11:25 AM
Harlem is racist as fuck TBH...

:lol not at all, not on any level, tbh..

I tell it like it is..I don't even mind racists, either, as long as they own it(which most people don't do, tbh)..

I actually agree with the NBA's preference(considering they are in the business of making bank)..it's good business to target the White demographic..they buy more tickets, more merchandise, pay for League Pass, etc..

BD24
02-14-2016, 11:26 AM
This thread is just a reminder of why I hate race baiting faggots. Not surprising Harlem does it though, solid tactic if you are an attention whore/drama queen.

Kawhitstorm
02-14-2016, 01:42 PM
There aren't that many Arabs in Toronto, bro:lol..not even sure if they would break the top 10 in TO..

You're thinking of Indians/Sri Lankans..

Muslim=Arabs

apalisoc_9
02-14-2016, 01:47 PM
Muslim=Arabs

Nah bro. Thats weak shit.

Kawhitstorm
02-14-2016, 02:13 PM
Nah bro. Thats weak shit.

Dummy, I'm talking about common generalization that should be understood (i.e. Messicans=Hispanics:lol, Chinese=Asians:lol)

When folks say "Arab Americans" they aren't JUST talking about cats from the Arab Emirates.:lol

apalisoc_9
02-14-2016, 02:17 PM
Dummy, I'm talking about common generalization that should be understood (i.e. Messicans=Hispanics:lol, Chinese=Asians:lol)

When folks say "Arab Americans" they aren't JUST talking about cats from the Arab Emirates.:lol

I guess canadians are just generally more racially informed. Most white people here can tell the difference between Arabs and South Asians.

I guess smaller communities are ignorant but for the most part most people can tell the difference.

They dont exactly look a like..specially syrians, lebanese, jordaninas etc..different kind of arab breed

YGWHI
02-14-2016, 02:42 PM
Kawhi would have ended like his Eastern Conference clone: Kris Middleton (Thank you for coming to Toronto :lol)

KS is the guy who only seems to post when he is drunk.

Kawhitstorm
02-14-2016, 02:44 PM
KS is the guy who only seems to post when he is drunk.

Posting on message boards sober...:lmao

Kawhitstorm
02-14-2016, 02:45 PM
I guess canadians are just generally more racially informed. Most white people here can tell the difference between Arabs and South Asians.

Apo is a HarlemHeat alias?:lol

mingus
02-14-2016, 02:49 PM

Lighter shades of Black people don't like darker shades of black people. It's a curious thing, no matter where you are all over the world (from South America, to East Asia, to Middle East, to Africa), the darker you are, the worse you are treated by lighter skinned people. I back-packed through parts of Africa, and witnessed many occasions of "racism" there toward southern, darker skinned Africans. In Ethiopia I saw a group of them (later found out they were Nigerians) being harassed and had stones thrown at them. One got clonked in the head and had a huge gash, had to be taken to a hospital.

I disagree with OP tho, that this sort of thing matter much. Jordan was dark-skinned and grew the popularity of the game to heights never seen before. Same with Lebron. Duncan, light-skinned, OTOH had no such influence. Popularity is based on talent and marketability. The former two had/have more marketability.

America has its racial problems no doubt but in every part of the world I've been to it's been worse, way worse in a lot of cases. Europe, often touted as being more sophisticated and maybe more socially sensitive than the US, is a racist infested cesspool, no matter where you go (from Sweden, to Germany, to the UK, to Italy, to France--the places I've been to there at least).

We gotta a ways to go, but I think OP is overblowing the current circumstances.

YGWHI
02-14-2016, 02:50 PM
Posting on message boards sober...:lmao

Agree. Being sober here is a problem, reading you is another...The good news are that there are so easy solutions to both issues.

daslicer
02-14-2016, 03:53 PM
Lighter shades of Black people don't like darker shades of black people. It's a curious thing, no matter where you are all over the world (from South America, to East Asia, to Middle East, to Africa), the darker you are, the worse you are treated by lighter skinned people. I back-packed through parts of Africa, and witnessed many occasions of "racism" there toward southern, darker skinned Africans. In Ethiopia I saw a group of them (later found out they were Nigerians) being harassed and had stones thrown at them. One got clonked in the head and had a huge gash, had to be taken to a hospital.

I disagree with OP tho, that this sort of thing matter much. Jordan was dark-skinned and grew the popularity of the game to heights never seen before. Same with Lebron. Duncan, light-skinned, OTOH had no such influence. Popularity is based on talent and marketability. The former two had/have more marketability.

America has its racial problems no doubt but in every part of the world I've been to it's been worse, way worse in a lot of cases. Europe, often touted as being more sophisticated and maybe more socially sensitive than the US, is a racist infested cesspool, no matter where you go (from Sweden, to Germany, to the UK, to Italy, to France--the places I've been to there at least).

We gotta a ways to go, but I think OP is overblowing the current circumstances.

Add Kobe to this list prior to the rape he was universally liked by everybody. Magic and Shaq were also super popular. Most of the famous NBA players the last 30 years have been dark skinned. Outside of Curry the only other light skin player I can think of today that has been super popular is Blake Griffin who is mixed. Like you said Duncan was light skinned but not popular among fans and was hated by the media for most of his career until recently. So I don't buy into this light skin vs dark skin crap when it comes to popularity in sports and entertainment.

apalisoc_9
02-14-2016, 03:53 PM
Apo is a HarlemHeat alias?:lol

General knwoeldge around here that we are both from canada. Resictance, left too

SupremeGuy
02-14-2016, 07:59 PM

Curry and the Warriors have already done a great job in appealing to a wider demographic with the ambiguity of their skin color, and tonight was another victory for the NBA with the Lavine vs. Gordon showdown..looked like the 80s:lol..Calm down beyonce. :lol