PDA

View Full Version : Will PATFO employ the Hack-A-Iggy at some point this season or playoffs?

UNT Eagles 2016
02-13-2016, 09:36 PM
I think that might be the only way to get the small lineup off the court, tbh.

cjw
02-13-2016, 11:06 PM
Why on earth would you ever foul someone intentionally who shoots 60%+ from the line? (unless stopping an easy layup)

120 points per 100 possessions at a minimum of you don't give up an offensive rebound, plus harder to push in transition.

Hack-a only works against guys shooting closer to 40%. Not even 50% unless their defense is horrible.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-13-2016, 11:33 PM
Why on earth would you ever foul someone intentionally who shoots 60%+ from the line? (unless stopping an easy layup)

120 points per 100 possessions at a minimum of you don't give up an offensive rebound, plus harder to push in transition.

Hack-a only works against guys shooting closer to 40%. Not even 50% unless their defense is horrible.
IDK, when the Cavs did it last year he shot like 3-14 or something like that...

DJR210
02-13-2016, 11:47 PM
Who says the Spurs even make it to the WCF?

Kawhitstorm
02-13-2016, 11:57 PM
I think that might be the only way to get the small lineup off the court, tbh.

Why are you hijacking my agenda?:wakeup

In any case, you would only hack Iggy/Draymond on fastbreaks but hack the hell out of Bogut since he shoots under 40% & bothers Tim. Pop hacked him for those reasons in the 2013 series. (Ezeli is also a candidate if he's playing well)

Pop should be focusing on putting Kawhi on Klay & not letting him get in rhythm (put Danny on Curry & pray he doesn't go for 60) along with not putting Tony/Patty on Curry/Livingston for even a millisecond.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-14-2016, 12:00 AM
Why are you hijacking my agenda?:wakeup

In any case, you would only hack Iggy/Draymond on fastbreaks but hack the hell out of Bogut since he shoots under 40% & bothers Tim. Pop hacked him for those reasons in the 2013 series. (Ezeli is also a candidate if he's playing well)
If we hack those big guys we only further entice them into bringing out their deathcore lineup.

Kawhitstorm
02-14-2016, 12:03 AM
If we hack those big guys we only further entice them into bringing out their deathcore lineup.

The only way the Spurs are winning is if Tim/LMA punish Draymond/Barnes b/c Kerr is going to roll with that frontline in the 4th quarter. Tim/Diaw/West especially have to devour Barnes b/c LMA isn't going to put up more than his season average against Draymond.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-14-2016, 12:05 AM
The only way the Spurs are winning is if Tim/LMA punish Draymond/Barnes b/c Kerr is going to roll with that frontline in the 4th quarter. Tim/Diaw/West especially have to devour Barnes b/c LMA isn't going to put up more than his season average against Draymond.
I can see Diaw averaging 20ppg if a small or medium is consistently guarding him tbh. That, and we'll be sure to get open 3's from those scenarios when they inevitably double.

Kawhitstorm
02-14-2016, 12:07 AM
I can see Diaw averaging 20ppg if a small is consistently guarding him tbh. That, and we'll be sure to get open 3's from those scenarios when they inevitably double.

He would have to average a point-a-minute ala Curry to put up 20ppg.:lol He can't do much against Draymond but he can school Barnes.

Another thing is that the lack of shot blockers means Porker can feast in the paint.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-14-2016, 12:08 AM
He would have to average a point-a-minute ala Curry to put up 20ppg.:lol He can't do much against Draymond but he can school Barnes.
no, but Draymond can't guard both our big guys at once. If Draymond guards Diaw, LMA eats whoever else alive

cjw
02-14-2016, 03:06 AM
IDK, when the Cavs did it last year he shot like 3-14 or something like that...

It's like roulette. Can win in the short term, but the house always wins when there are enough spins of the wheel. Huge difference between 60%, 50% and 40% FT shooters. As someone else said, you only foul Iggy to prevent fast breaks, which produce more than 1.2 PPP. Bogut is a different story.

r0drig0lac
02-14-2016, 08:01 AM
Spurs must employ the hack-a-Bogut / Ezeli, without a true center gsw defense is vulnerable, it is necessary to maintain Draymond playing as center 48 minutes.

tenbeersbold
02-14-2016, 02:00 PM
I think Spurs should be running tons of moving/illegal screen plays in practice and whip em out against GS just to see what the refs do.Obviously save this tactic for the WC finals.You can't let just one team get away with it in a big game