PDA

View Full Version : Magic: Aaron Gordon is the best dunker of All time...

apalisoc_9
02-13-2016, 11:00 PM
Saying otherwisr is like saying tettris is a better game the last of us.

Fuck nostalgia faggots. Not one dunker can do what he did.

Third thread I know. But so much injustice. Gervin, Tmac and mutombo should never judge ever.

DJR210
02-13-2016, 11:08 PM
Kill yourself to raise awareness

Silver&Black
02-13-2016, 11:10 PM
I agree that Gordon got robbed tonight. But, why the ensuing meltdown?

spursistan
02-13-2016, 11:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8e7hmSjO60

lefty
02-13-2016, 11:19 PM
Average dunk tbh

HemisfairArena
02-13-2016, 11:19 PM
Meltdowns are the food for advancement,,,,,you cant grow until you breakaway from complacency,,,,

midnightpulp
02-14-2016, 12:41 AM
Tetris is actually a better game than the Last of Us, though.

midnightpulp
02-14-2016, 12:48 AM
Oh, and I hope you mean Dunk Contest dunker, because Vince is in a tier all to himself when it comes to in-game. And that's not nostalgia, just fact.

Venti Quattro
02-14-2016, 12:50 AM
Oh, and I hope you mean Dunk Contest dunker, because Vince is in a tier all to himself when it comes to in-game. And that's not nostalgia, just fact.

Carter is unmatched when it comes to in-game dunking

Mitch
02-14-2016, 12:50 AM
Best dunker = best in-game dunker

The guy won't be dunking like that when it actually matters.

apalisoc_9
02-14-2016, 12:51 AM
Tetris is actually a better game than the Last of Us, though.

No fucking way bro...

midnightpulp
02-14-2016, 12:56 AM
No fucking way bro...

Games are incredibly easy today that any retard can beat them. And most modern "games" are essentially interactive movies that take little to no skill to complete.

And don't think this is nostalgia talking. I play more modern games than the classics nowadays because I don't feel like putting in any effort in that regard. To beat a game like Ninja Gaiden on the NES takes Asian level skill, pattern recognition, and reaction time. To beat a "modern game," all you have to do is turn on the system.

Sean Cagney
02-14-2016, 01:01 AM
Carter is unmatched when it comes to in-game dunking

We all agree there.

Molotov
02-14-2016, 01:04 AM
Average dunk tbh

HarlemHeat37
02-14-2016, 01:09 AM
I agree that Gordon had the best performance in a dunk contest in league history, tbh..

Vince is on his own level for in-game dunks, though..I don't think anybody will surpass him for a while, considering the prominence of the 3-point shot and players inevitably conserving their bodies by dunking less frequently..

midnightpulp
02-14-2016, 01:18 AM
I mean, damn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMrPjl-927Q

There's nowhere to go after that. You can't get any sicker. Vince pretty much solved in game dunking.

apalisoc_9
02-14-2016, 01:19 AM
I agree that Gordon had the best performance in a dunk contest in league history, tbh..

Vince is on his own level for in-game dunks, though..I don't think anybody will surpass him for a while, considering the prominence of the 3-point shot and players inevitably conserving their bodies by dunking less frequently..

Demar who also got robbed just said it's the best dunk contest ever..Funny how the 80's guys are still talking about Jordan and Wilkins...No way.

Gordon Is the best dunker in dunk contest history ever... and His competition did a between legs dunk with his back hell foot on the free throw line..WTF..

Xevious
02-14-2016, 01:20 AM
Games are incredibly easy today that any retard can beat them. And most modern "games" are essentially interactive movies that take little to no skill to complete.

And don't think this is nostalgia talking. I play more modern games than the classics nowadays because I don't feel like putting in any effort in that regard. To beat a game like Ninja Gaiden on the NES takes Asian level skill, pattern recognition, and reaction time. To beat a "modern game," all you have to do is turn on the system.
Games are supposed to be fun. Games like Ghosts n Goblins and Ninja Gaiden probably took a few years off my life. 10-year-olds aren't supposed to experience that level of stress from a recreational activity.

apalisoc_9
02-14-2016, 01:21 AM
I mean, damn.

There's nowhere to go after that. You can't get any sicker. Vince pretty much solved in game dunking.

Name me a player from that 90's that could have done with Gordon just did..

Heck Lavine's between the legs dunk with his backheel foot in the free throw line...Name me a player in the 90s that could have done something like that.

Modern Athletes are flying bro.

in comparison...90's athletes were Skip Jumping.

Buddy Mignon
02-14-2016, 01:25 AM

Heck Lavine's between the legs dunk with his backheel foot in the free throw line...Name me a player in the 90s that could have done something like that.

Jordan, Nique, Kemp.

spursistan
02-14-2016, 01:30 AM
From this angle, damn...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbJbpSAWAAA2VrP.jpg:large

midnightpulp
02-14-2016, 01:38 AM

I don't know how many times we have to have this conversation where I always debunk your superhero perception of "modern" athletes.

Human athleticism peaked decades ago. You're confusing athletic ability with creativity, so of course modern dunkers are going to be more impressive when they've had 40 years to build on what came before.

:lol If you don't think Jordan or Vince can't jump over a muppet. Vince's between the legs dunk from the T-Mac bounce alley oop was more impressive. It's a lot more difficult to time your jump to catch a bounce pass than it is to catch it from a set position (even if that position is rotating).

And show me any athlete, modern or vintage, jumping over a 7'3" center?

I don't know why you fetishize modern athletes to this silly level.

BD24
02-14-2016, 01:46 AM
Ding ding ding. No one can match VC.

DMC
02-14-2016, 01:47 AM
I am not impressed by All Star weekend dunks. That one impressed me. Not because of the dunk but goddamn he went basically supine almost above the fucking rim. Lavine was amazing as well.

What made this one "great" was that you didn't have midget pygmies like Nate taking 9 attempts at a sub standard dunk.

midnightpulp
02-14-2016, 01:49 AM
Look at where Jordan's head is here, and he's 3" shorter than Gordan.

All he has to do is tuck in his legs, find a colorful muppet, and there it is. But in 1986 they didn't think of doing such things.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/12/16/ae/1216aedac0840356aee74ed3ec665aca.jpg

HarlemHeat37
02-14-2016, 01:51 AM
I am not impressed by All Star weekend dunks. That one impressed me. Not because of the dunk but goddamn he went basically supine almost above the fucking rim. Lavine was amazing as well.

What made this one "great" was that you didn't have midget pygmies like Nate taking 9 attempts at a sub standard dunk.

The number of attempts may have been the best part..they did all of their dunks on the first or second attempt, which is how it should always be..

Most of the contests since 2000 have been littered with contestants taking 10 attempts for each dunk, including the winners, which has killed the entertainment value..well, that + corny gimmicks..

DMC
02-14-2016, 01:57 AM
Lavine or Gordon are going to tear an ACL or something more serious. You put that kind of pressure on those ligaments to get that kind of response from your body, something gives. DRose could jump like a fucking bean until that fateful day. Kobe could turn the corner until minute 48 in a meaningless game/meaningless season at which time she gave way.

I'd like to see these guys on a team that's actually interesting to watch, just to see the shit they do.

But give me that layup of Boban any day.

midnightpulp
02-14-2016, 02:01 AM
Oh, and I think Gordon's muppet dunks were two of the best all-time, but any leaper (provided he has the hand eye coordination) with a 37"-40" vert could do those dunks. Jordan, Vince, Nique, Spud Webb if you get a shorter muppet relative to his size, etc could do them, but the difference they, just like Gordon's competition, didn't think of doing them.

The most creative dunkers reign, not the most athletic.

daslicer
02-14-2016, 02:04 AM

:lol I do agree with you on what you said about the old school games. The graphics weren't great but they were hard as hell to beat. I hated RPG games like Zelda but I did enjoy the action platform type of games.

Arcadian
02-14-2016, 02:09 AM
There was a streak of about 6 dunks made on thd first attempt...most of them 50s...

midnightpulp
02-14-2016, 02:09 AM
Games are supposed to be fun. Games like Ghosts n Goblins and Ninja Gaiden probably took a few years off my life. 10-year-olds aren't supposed to experience that level of stress from a recreational activity.

:lol

Those games crushed your soul.

Xevious
02-14-2016, 02:23 AM

Those games crushed your soul.
More like I crushed my NES controller out of frustration. The only way to be effective at those games is to memorize the levels and where the enemies come from.

DJR210
02-14-2016, 06:42 AM
I mean, damn.

Ahhh.. the sound of 15K people simultaneously blowing their wad on the person in front of them.. Seriously dude should have killed himself on the spot

Michael Jordan.
02-14-2016, 09:21 AM
OP mad LeBron is a shitty and uncreative dunker.

SpursforSix
02-14-2016, 09:56 AM
Demar who also got robbed just said it's the best dunk contest ever..Funny how the 80's guys are still talking about Jordan and Wilkins...No way.

Gordon Is the best dunker in dunk contest history ever... and His competition did a between legs dunk with his back hell foot on the free throw line..WTF..

No one is comparing Jordan and Wilkins to the new guys. Other than saying the contests were more exciting because they were newer. That being said, last night was damn awesome.

Also, Wilkins was a great in game dunker.

lefty
02-14-2016, 10:16 AM
I don't know how many times we have to have this conversation where I always debunk your superhero perception of "modern" athletes.

Human athleticism peaked decades ago. You're confusing athletic ability with creativity, so of course modern dunkers are going to be more impressive when they've had 40 years to build on what came before.

:lol If you don't think Jordan or Vince can't jump over a muppet. Vince's between the legs dunk from the T-Mac bounce alley oop was more impressive. It's a lot more difficult to time your jump to catch a bounce pass than it is to catch it from a set position (even if that position is rotating).

And show me any athlete, modern or vintage, jumping over a 7'3" center?

I don't know why you fetishize modern athletes to this silly level.

/thread

Splits
02-14-2016, 10:20 AM
I mean, damn.

Offensive foul.

Spurs9
02-14-2016, 10:24 AM
On Adam Lavines last dunk he said that was the first time he had ever tried it :lol

MultiTroll
02-14-2016, 11:38 AM
Gordon pushes off the Muppet, using him for leverage to get more elevation.
It not like he jumped "all air" over Gordon. :lol

Still a cool dunk. Not sure if I could it.

unleashbaynes
02-14-2016, 03:04 PM

Drummond literally fell out of his seat.....

phxspurfan
02-14-2016, 03:17 PM
Jordan, Nique, Kemp.

Brent Barry

phxspurfan
02-14-2016, 03:22 PM
Loved the hoverboard one. It shouldve won

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=14774865

Spurtacular
02-14-2016, 04:54 PM
Gordon got screwed, tbh.

I haven't been that excited by a dunker for I don't know how many years.

Hey HarlemHeat37 is he part white? Am I allowed to have this opinion w/o being called a racist?

If you switched to Kawhistorm, just tell me from there.

spurraider21
02-14-2016, 04:55 PM
gordon shoulda won, but lol at OP's meltdown

https://i.gyazo.com/2bc46a222001fcccf5cf32d32a7f27ab.png

Spurtacular
02-14-2016, 04:57 PM

Give a girl a break. She found her latest heart throb.

FkLA
02-14-2016, 04:59 PM
Yeah man I felt bad for Gordon. You could kind of tell by his facial expression that he felt robbed. All the all-stars sitting on the bench plus the fans were clearly biased and dick riding Levine tbh.

Spurtacular
02-14-2016, 04:59 PM

Probably the best dunk in at least a decade if not ever. Judges were too stupid to know history was in the making.

Mnky
02-14-2016, 05:08 PM

It was a good show. I think it could have gone either way. Jumping from the free throw line doesn't just take vertical, as it takes lateral explosion as well. Those are super feats tbh. You really look like you're flying..

Definitely not the best dinner ever. Op must have started watching ball in 2010 or something.

spurraider21
02-14-2016, 05:11 PM

It was a good show. I think it could have gone either way. Jumping from the free throw line doesn't just take vertical, as it takes lateral explosion as well. Those are super feats tbh. You really look like you're flying..

Definitely not the best dinner ever. Op must have started watching ball in 2010 or something.
around 2013 tbh

Spurtacular
02-14-2016, 06:54 PM
Gordon got screwed, tbh.

I haven't been that excited by a dunker for I don't know how many years.

Hey HarlemHeat37 is he part white? Am I allowed to have this opinion w/o being called a racist?

If you switched to Kawhistorm, just tell me from there.

:lmao Bitch Harlemheat37 didn't want to touch that one. This is where his sh** falls apart; or should I say where it crumbles; cos bitch's sh** is already cracked all the fuck up.

Molotov
02-14-2016, 08:09 PM
I mean, damn.

:wow:wow:wow

WOW easily top 5 all time dunk in my book

Brazil
02-15-2016, 08:42 AM
:lol Carter jumped over a 7'3 dude during a game and suddenly he could not jump over a muppet using ball to get lift ? dat kids nowadays... :rolleyes

mudyez
02-15-2016, 02:24 PM
Loved the Dunk Contest, but after all it wasn't even the best Dunk of the All Star Weekend...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4ZWjQk00gM

DMC
02-04-2017, 10:22 PM
Lavine or Gordon are going to tear an ACL or something more serious. You put that kind of pressure on those ligaments to get that kind of response from your body, something gives. DRose could jump like a fucking bean until that fateful day. Kobe could turn the corner until minute 48 in a meaningless game/meaningless season at which time she gave way.

I'd like to see these guys on a team that's actually interesting to watch, just to see the shit they do.

But give me that layup of Boban any day.

I did predict this. Me.