PDA

View Full Version : Aldridge: "It's About Winning a Title. I Didn't Come to Have a Good Regular Season."

BatManu20
02-14-2016, 12:49 PM
Good read.

:flag:

BatManu20
02-14-2016, 12:50 PM

TheGreatYacht
02-14-2016, 01:18 PM
:lmaMALPHA

BillMc
02-14-2016, 01:30 PM
Good read.

Cheers! Thanks for posting that. Nice read.

raybies
02-14-2016, 01:45 PM
:lma

:bobo

HarlemHeat37
02-14-2016, 01:49 PM
At least he recognizes it, good to know, tbh..he's a shitty playoff performer, he can only get better..

apalisoc_9
02-14-2016, 01:52 PM
At least he recognizes it, good to know, tbh..he's a shitty playoff performer, he can only get better..

Hes beta personality fits with Leonard, somewhat i guess....

Unreal how a 24 year old can command the game with 3 hof in the same team and fatso being a 4 time allstar.

Really unqiue.

cjw
02-14-2016, 01:53 PM
Right, that performance he had against the Rockets a few years ago was "shitty"

MaNu4Tres
02-14-2016, 02:09 PM

Unreal how a 24 year old can command the game with 3 hof in the same team and fatso being a 4 time allstar.

Really unqiue.

Give credit to Aldridge. He's been disciplined with his diet and work off the court this season. If anyone hasn't noticed, the guy looks a lot leaner and quicker on his feet than he did the first month of the season. Kudos to him.

I'm surprised none of the EN guys or any media has picked up on this.

HarlemHeat37
02-14-2016, 02:18 PM
Right, that performance he had against the Rockets a few years ago was "shitty"

He has had 1 good playoff series in his long career, and he followed it up by getting shut down by Tiago in the subsequent round..

This isn't Portland, tbh, Spurs don't accept playoff under-performing..it's nice that he's acknowledging that, he knows he needs to make a mark in the playoffs for the first time, this is the big leagues..

MaNu4Tres
02-14-2016, 02:23 PM
He has had 1 good playoff series in his long career, and he followed it up by getting shut down by Tiago in the subsequent round..

This isn't Portland, tbh, Spurs don't accept playoff under-performing..it's nice that he's acknowledging that, he knows he needs to make a mark in the playoffs for the first time, this is the big leagues..

He's only played in 34 playoff games in his career, a whopping six playoff series total ( small sample). Plus, outside of his series vs. SA in 14' and Mem in 15' he's played well in every other series tbh..

Not to mention, Pop has implemented more efficient ways for LMA to score the basketball in the past month or so. Even LMA said, most of his work now is being put in before he gets the basketball -- which is making a huge difference.

Stotts would call his number in ISO's relentlessly and would be content with LMA getting the ball 18 feet out every other time down the floor -- 25-30% of his possessions were taken place as time was winding down (when there was less than 6 seconds on the clock) -- pretty sure he led the league in shots attempted after 5 or 6 seconds on the clock in the NBA last year. The way Stotts used him didn't help his efficiency at all -- especially in the playoffs when defenses can spend a week(s) game-planning.

Saying he isn't a playoff performer is pretty silly considering the low number of playoff games he's played in and for the fact that he's averaged 22 and 9 for his career in the playoffs -- not sure what you expect tbh... It's irrelevant anyway, 34 games isn't enough data to make end all conclusions.

BatManu20
02-14-2016, 03:00 PM
I agree Aldridge has been a little underwhelming in his playoff career, minus the Houston series where he was a menace, but it's not like he's been a total bum either..

He still has a career Playoff average of 22 pts, 9 rbs, & 2 blks on 44% shooting. Yea, he only made it out of the 1st round once, but it's obviously completely different circumstances on the Spurs and I think he will fair much better going forward.

Mikeanaro
02-14-2016, 03:16 PM
At least LMA playoff career is not as bad as Bosh, with a real team he will be much better.

skulls138
02-14-2016, 03:32 PM
I hadnt watched too many of his Portland games but it seems to me that hes more of an inside presence now. I think the weight has paid off in that way. Now the outside shot compliments his game instead of being his game. Just needs to continue playing the big man game in all phases, he doesnt have to be a superstar.

TXstbobcat
02-14-2016, 03:52 PM
:lma:lobt2::flag:

Kawhitstorm
02-14-2016, 04:02 PM

Pau was underwhelming in the postseason when he was the #1 option w/ the Grizz & even got outrebounded by Horry/Amare/Dirk.:lol (2011 Z-Bo would have murdered Pau if they met in the postseason)

Kawhitstorm
02-14-2016, 04:06 PM
I hadnt watched too many of his Portland games but it seems to me that hes more of an inside presence now. I think the weight has paid off in that way. Now the outside shot compliments his game instead of being his game. Just needs to continue playing the big man game in all phases, he doesnt have to be a superstar.

He has stopped pump faking unless he right under the baskets & there are defenders chomping at the bit. He's more decisive & has stopped passing out the ball to Danny.:lol

Robz4000
02-14-2016, 04:07 PM

To be fair to LMA, Tiago had a historic postseason that year on defense. He made Dirk a nonfactor in the series beforehand as well.

Mnky
02-14-2016, 04:59 PM
He's only played in 34 playoff games in his career, a whopping six playoff series total ( small sample). Plus, outside of his series vs. SA in 14' and Mem in 15' he's played well in every other series tbh..

Not to mention, Pop has implemented more efficient ways for LMA to score the basketball in the past month or so. Even LMA said, most of his work now is being put in before he gets the basketball -- which is making a huge difference.

Stotts would call his number in ISO's relentlessly and would be content with LMA getting the ball 18 feet out every other time down the floor -- 25-30% of his possessions were taken place as time was winding down (when there was less than 6 seconds on the clock) -- pretty sure he led the league in shots attempted after 5 or 6 seconds on the clock in the NBA last year. The way Stotts used him didn't help his efficiency at all -- especially in the playoffs when defenses can spend a week(s) game-planning.

Saying he isn't a playoff performer is pretty silly considering the low number of playoff games he's played in and for the fact that he's averaged 22 and 9 for his career in the playoffs -- not sure what you expect tbh... It's irrelevant anyway, 34 games isn't enough data to make end all conclusions.

It's crazy people think Aldridge isn't a clutch performer or good performer. Kawhi has much worse stats in the playoffs, yet they consider him to be a great player. It's just a fan type of mindset that doesn't really understand basketball. Spurs are undefeated when LMA is leading them. Can't say that for any other leader on the team. Without Duncan, it became pretty obvious who the main Cog was. We got roasted on the perimeter in golden state and then LMA went to the bench against Cleveland and the game blew up. Scary thing is, he still isn't all the way there yet. Pop said he expects it to be closer by the end of March. We are starting to see that.
Spurs have a solid future.

Spurtacular
02-14-2016, 05:10 PM

Really unqiue.

You need to come to grips with your own beta personality.

hater
02-14-2016, 05:11 PM
:lmaMALPHA

skulls138
02-14-2016, 05:22 PM
He has stopped pump faking unless he right under the baskets & there are defenders chomping at the bit. He's more decisive & has stopped passing out the ball to Danny.:lolNothing wrong with passing to Danny just as long as its done with confidence not "oh shit, here you take it". I mean if DG is hot LMA has the ability to draw a crowd and then dish, a 3 pt'r vs a two.

Kawhitstorm
02-14-2016, 05:35 PM
Nothing wrong with passing to Danny just as long as its done with confidence not "oh shit, here you take it". I mean if DG is hot LMA has the ability to draw a crowd and then dish, a 3 pt'r vs a two.

That's what I meant, he used to throw the ball right back to Danny expecting him to run the PnR instead of shoot a 3.:lol

RD2191
02-14-2016, 05:36 PM
Hopefully he doesn't choke when it matters per usual.

apalisoc_9
02-14-2016, 06:10 PM
Hopefully he doesn't choke when it matters per usual.

He never chokes on buritos and tacos though. Always ends up delivering it to his belly.

RD2191
02-14-2016, 07:35 PM
He never chokes on buritos and tacos though. Always ends up delivering it to his belly.
Reminds me of a certain PG tbh.

SupremeGuy
02-14-2016, 08:03 PM
Watching playoff Tim, LMA, and Kawhi is going to be so fun this year. Splitter was playing great d on LMA two years and that nigga was still making ridiculously difficult shots. I remember being impressed.

Spurs_619
02-14-2016, 08:42 PM
It's crazy people think Aldridge isn't a clutch performer or good performer. Kawhi has much worse stats in the playoffs, yet they consider him to be a great player. It's just a fan type of mindset that doesn't really understand basketball. Spurs are undefeated when LMA is leading them. Can't say that for any other leader on the team. Without Duncan, it became pretty obvious who the main Cog was. We got roasted on the perimeter in golden state and then LMA went to the bench against Cleveland and the game blew up. Scary thing is, he still isn't all the way there yet. Pop said he expects it to be closer by the end of March. We are starting to see that.

If you look at the last two times the spurs got to the finals Kawhi played better every round. As the stage got bigger so did his game most guys go the opposite. And two of his best series came in the finals against the best player in the world at the time. Is it really that hard to understand why people are less worried about Kawhi then LMA, who has never been able to even get to a WCF much less a finals. And Kawhi has already been to 2 finals and 3 WCF at age 24. Not to mention that rockets team was the perfect team to for LMA to go off against who was guarding him fucking t jones and dwert lol.

HarlemHeat37
02-14-2016, 08:50 PM

:lol stop, bro..

Do you want me to post Aldridge's career playoff performances? He's not a good playoff performer, at all..his only notable playoff series was against one of the worst defensive PFs in the NBA(Terrence Jones)..his series vs. Memphis, last year, was one of the worst you'll ever see for a star player..

Hopefully Aldridge steps up in the playoffs, this year, since he will have much less pressure than he did in Portland, from a load standpoint..as I said earlier, it's good that he is focused on the playoffs, rather than worrying about Lillard's billboards..

Mnky
02-14-2016, 08:52 PM
If you look at the last two times the spurs got to the finals Kawhi played better every round. As the stage got bigger so did his game most guys go the opposite. And two of his best series came in the finals against the best player in the world at the time. Is it really that hard to understand why people are less worried about Kawhi then LMA, who has never been able to even get to a WCF much less a finals. And Kawhi has already been to 2 finals and 3 WCF at age 24. Not to mention that rockets team was the perfect team to for LMA to go off against who was guarding him fucking t jones and dwert lol.

Kawhi only good series came against lebron who's primary defensive target was the MVP two years running. If you want to talk about how easy it was to go off.. Lebrons defense has led to two consecutive finals MVP's. With that being said.. give me Kawhis career playoff averages and compare them to lma. Kawhi, being on the better team, better coach, better system and with better role players. As far as how far they go. Kawhi doesn't lead those Portland teams to the wcf. Not even close.

Mnky
02-14-2016, 08:57 PM

Do you want me to post Aldridge's career playoff performances? He's not a good playoff performer, at all..his only notable playoff series was against one of the worst defensive PFs in the NBA(Terrence Jones)..his series vs. Memphis, last year, was one of the worst you'll ever see for a star player..

Hopefully Aldridge steps up in the playoffs, this year, since he will have much less pressure than he did in Portland, from a load standpoint..as I said earlier, it's good that he is focused on the playoffs, rather than worrying about Lillard's billboards..

Post lma and kawhis.

Spurs_619
02-14-2016, 08:59 PM
Kawhi only good series came against lebron who's primary defensive target was the MVP two years running. If you want to talk about how easy it was to go off.. Lebrons defense has led to two consecutive finals MVP's. With that being said.. give me Kawhis career playoff averages and compare them to lma. Kawhi, being on the better team, better coach, better system and with better role players. As far as how far they go. Kawhi doesn't lead those Portland teams to the wcf. Not even close.

Your missing the entire point im not saying Kawhi was the better player then LMA 2 years ago. But he has shown he can come up on the big stage LMA hasn't its that simple. He has been a career choker besides one series.

Mnky
02-14-2016, 09:08 PM
Your missing the entire point im not saying Kawhi was the better player then LMA 2 years ago. But he has shown he can come up on the big stage LMA hasn't its that simple. He has been a career choker besides one series.

You responded to my point, which was a comparison of Kawhi and lma and the different lights shown on them. I responded straight to your comments of suggesting Kawhi comes up big. Statistically he doesn't show that. So let's go to what people criticize about lma, which is who he plays good against. Kawhi played horrible against Barnes.. a defensive minded player and played good against someone who is known for letting his man look better than they are with his lack of effort on the defensive side.

The point is, people are way more critical of other players such as lma even though they carried much worse teams and gave a better performance statistical wise than Kawhi ever has in the playoffs. But.. Kawhi isn't a choker because he "might " be better next time? Horrible argument.

This year will be lma first time with a contender. When/if he doesn't show up this year, then those claims can be made of him being a choker. Spurs didn't sell the farm for him because he wasn't a big time player. I'll trust the best front office in the league over fans. That's just me.

Spurs_619
02-14-2016, 09:10 PM
Post lma and kawhis.

Kawhi last year

2014-15 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/leonaka01/gamelog/2015/)
SAS (http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/2015.html)
NBA (http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2015.html)
SF

Aldridge

2014-15 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/aldrila01/gamelog/2015/)
POR (http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/POR/2015.html)
PF

So they put up similar numbers except Kawhi was way more efficient.

And here is the final numbers incase you were wondering

Kawhi: Kawhi 2 appearances 1 ring 1 FMVP
Averages in those finals 16.3/8.3/1.6 on great efficiency

Aldridge: 0 appearances
0/0/0

there you go :toast

Spurs_619
02-14-2016, 09:12 PM
You responded to my point, which was a comparison of Kawhi and lma and the different lights shown on them. I responded straight to your comments of suggesting Kawhi comes up big. Statistically he doesn't show that. So let's go to what people criticize about lma, which is who he plays good against. Kawhi played horrible against Barnes.. a defensive minded player and played good against someone who is known for letting his man look better than they are with his lack of effort on the defensive side.

The point is, people are way more critical of other players such as lma even though they carried much worse teams and gave a better performance statistical wise than Kawhi ever has in the playoffs. But.. Kawhi isn't a choker because he "might " be better next time? Horrible argument.

This year will be lma first time with a contender. When/if he doesn't show up this year, then those claims can be made of him being a choker. Spurs didn't sell the farm for him because he wasn't a big time player. I'll trust the best front office in the league over fans. That's just me.

Those portland teams were contenders and when they needed the best player on the team to step up being LMA he folded. And in our two biggest games this year he has been a complete no show.

Spurs_619
02-14-2016, 09:13 PM

And are you really trying to compare the PPG averages of a 21 year old kawhi with the system not centered around him compared to a prime LMA where the system was set up exactly for him...

Last year is the only year where its even somewhat fair based on usage rate to make that comparison and Kawhi was obviously the superior player even though they both got booted in the first round which is what really matters.... but Kawhi is 24 and improving and has already won a ring so of course he gets the benefit of the doubt he has been there and done that LMA hasn't.

TheGreatYacht
02-14-2016, 09:15 PM
When Kiwitards want you to believe that Aldridge is a bad playoff performer... But still has better numbers than Kiwi :lol

Aldridge as the first option/leading scorer = 2nd round exit

Kiwi as the first option/leading scorer = 1st round fishing trip

Mnky
02-14-2016, 09:17 PM
And are you really trying to compare the averages of a 21 year old kawhi with the system not centered around him compared to a prime LMA where the system was set up exactly for him...

Oh now he's a 21 yr old with no system, but at other times he's the alpha who's the greatest since tim Duncan?

Fans

Spurs_619
02-14-2016, 09:17 PM
When Kiwitards want you to believe that Aldridge is a bad playoff performer... But still has better numbers than Kiwi :lol

Aldridge as the first option/leading scorer = 2nd round exit

Kiwi as the first option/leading scorer = 1st round fishing trip

Kawhi last year

2014-15 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/leonaka01/gamelog/2015/)
SAS (http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/2015.html)
SF

Aldridge

2014-15 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/aldrila01/gamelog/2015/)
POR (http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/POR/2015.html)
PF

How are those better numbers? 37% fg our boy LMA making Kobe envious with that type of performance.

TheGreatYacht
02-14-2016, 09:19 PM
"Kawhi last year"

:lmao

lol first round exit

Spurs_619
02-14-2016, 09:19 PM
Oh now he's a 21 yr old with no system, but at other times he's the alpha who's the greatest since tim Duncan?

Fans
Please he was in a great system but he wasn't the center of that system. And When did i ever say that nice strawman.

Spurs_619
02-14-2016, 09:21 PM
"Kawhi last year"

lol first round exit

Same poster that calls someone Choke paul and cp0 giving LMA a pass for the same thing. :lol

HarlemHeat37
02-14-2016, 09:21 PM
Post lma and kawhis.

You can't directly compare their numbers, since they have been in different roles on their respective teams, but here's how they do in the playoffs compared to their regular season production:

Kawhi career averages in the playoffs(Regular Season in parenthesis): 18.3 PER(20.1), 60.4% TS(59.2%), .179 WS/48(.203), 5.4 BPM(5.6)

Aldridge career average in the playoffs(RS): 19 PER(20.3), 49.4 TS%:wow (53.3%), 0.69 WS/48(.149), -1.5 BPM :wow (1.2)

Kawhi's production remains steady compared to his RS output, which is standard for good/great playoff performers, since you're playing vs. superior competition..

Aldridge's playoff production falls off a cliff compared to his RS output in virtually every facet of basketball..also, I'm not sure if you can find a less efficient big man with worse impact and efficiency numbers than Aldridge in recent playoff history(among All-Star caliber bigs)..hopefully that changes with the Spurs..

bic50
02-14-2016, 09:22 PM
Same poster that calls someone Choke paul and cp0 giving LMA a pass for the same thing. :lol

:lol

Spurs_619
02-14-2016, 09:25 PM
Kawhi career averages in the playoffs(Regular Season in parenthesis): 18.3 PER(20.1), 60.4% TS(59.2%), .179 WS/48(.203), 5.4 BPM(5.6)

Aldridge career average in the playoffs(RS): 19 PER(20.3), 49.4 TS%:wow (53.3%), 0.69 WS/48(.149), -1.5 BPM :wow (1.2)

Kawhi's production remains steady compared to his RS output, which is standard for good/great playoff performers, since you're playing vs. superior competition..

Aldridge's playoff production falls off a cliff compared to his RS output in virtually every facet of basketball..also, I'm not sure if you can find a less efficient big man with worse impact and efficiency numbers than Aldridge in recent playoff history(among All-Star caliber bigs)..hopefully that changes with the Spurs..

Dont try to use Advanced stats and Efficiency numbers they cant comprehend them, All they see is raw PPG. They have failed to advance with the times.

TheGreatYacht
02-14-2016, 09:27 PM
I ain't giving anybody a pass :lol just don't pretend like this didn't happen...

kaji157
02-14-2016, 09:29 PM
I am not going to defend LMA for his rather mediocre playoffs performance so far, but i just think Kawhi has always been in a way better position to succeed than LMA.

Kawhi has not been the focal point of the team in neither of all his playoffs appearences aside of maybe the last one, where he was as mediocre as LMA has been overall in portland, other than that he always shared the court with at least 2 more players far more experienced, battle tested, respected by the refs and opposing coached than him, which puts him in a position to excel.

On the other hand LMA has always been the focal and sometimes only point of his team during his stint in Portland, he never had ANY player as battle tested and effective as Duncan or Ginobili which are not only great players but leaders and pressure pumps for any player, nor a team that didnīt need him to score at least 30 on every night.

So i am not trying to say that Kawhi success should be overlooked, just that what KL has done depended a lot on the team around him, just as LMA failure also depended a lot on the team around him.

Comparing both is pointless.

Mnky
02-14-2016, 09:30 PM
Please he was in a great system but he wasn't the center of that system. And When did i ever say that nice strawman.

_6 part of your name. Apo is the same. Must have confused the two.

People compare Kawhi and lma, then compare them all the way, not just when irs convenient. Lma has not won a ring. There are many players who have not won a ring. Does not make them bad playoff performers. Pop wouldn't go for a guy who was easy to defend. When the spurs played the blazers, lma was all they were concerned about and he still got his.

I think Kawhi and lma are a great future for the spurs. I think this year will tell a lot about both of them in the playoffs. Lma has never been on a contender in Portland. People often joke on this forum how they were the best pretender for the longest time.

Lma responded better than any other spur to those losses. He hasn't shown a reason to doubt him.

Spurs_619
02-14-2016, 09:35 PM
I ain't giving anybody a pass :lol just don't pretend like this didn't happen...

Im not ill be the first one to admit that Kawhi fucking blew it the those last 2 game against the clips, but everyone not named Tim Duncan was a no show. As for 2013 i was more disappointed in the 4 time NBA champion missing the freebie right before a 21 year old Leonard did. And Leonard had a great overall series that finals also averaging a double-double.

Spurs_619
02-14-2016, 09:39 PM
_6 part of your name. Apo is the same. Must have confused the two.

People compare Kawhi and lma, then compare them all the way, not just when irs convenient. Lma has not won a ring. There are many players who have not won a ring. Does not make them bad playoff performers. Pop wouldn't go for a guy who was easy to defend. When the spurs played the blazers, lma was all they were concerned about and he still got his.

I think Kawhi and lma are a great future for the spurs. I think this year will tell a lot about both of them in the playoffs. Lma has never been on a contender in Portland. People often joke on this forum how they were the best pretender for the longest time.

Lma responded better than any other spur to those losses. He hasn't shown a reason to doubt him.

No it makes them guys who were unable to deliver when it mattered most. Sure but you have to put context into it. Last year was the only year that LMA and Kawhi's usage% was similar in the playoffs and Kawhi had the much better numbers.

And on your point in LMA he has played better of late But against the other 3 contenders. OKC,GS, and CLE he has been a no show or out performed by his counter part. So until he proves me wrong which i hope he does, there is no evidence in his NBA career to show he can deliver in the big moment. Even in POR it was lillard who clinched the series not LMA.

TheGreatYacht
02-14-2016, 09:42 PM
Im not ill be the first one to admit that Kawhi fucking blew it the those last 2 game against the clips, but everyone not named Tim Duncan was a no show. As for 2013 i was more disappointed in the 4 time NBA champion missing the freebie right before a 21 year old Leonard did. And Leonard had a great overall series that finals also averaging a double-double.
That Game 7 Timmy miss never happens if Kawhi makes his free throws in G6 tho.

Spurs_619
02-14-2016, 09:43 PM

I was talking about Ginobli missing the free-throw right before Leonard did not the tim miss.

Spurs_619
02-14-2016, 09:44 PM

Kawhi free throw never happens if ginobli makes his.

TheGreatYacht
02-14-2016, 09:44 PM
Only Kawhi fans will spin a thread about LMAlpha focusing on getting a title into a negative :lol

Get rattled so easy when a thread isn't about Kawhi...

Mnky
02-14-2016, 09:45 PM
No it makes them guys who were unable to deliver when it mattered most. Sure but you have to put context into it. Last year was the only year that LMA and Kawhi's usage% was similar in the playoffs and Kawhi had the much better numbers.

And on your point in LMA he has played better of late But against the other 3 contenders. OKC,GS, and CLE he has been a no show or out performed by his counter part. So until he proves me wrong which i hope he does, there is no evidence in his NBA career to show he can deliver in the big moment. Even in POR it was lillard who clinched the series not LMA.

No evidence in his NBA career foe the big moment..?

Just reread that a few times..

He showed enough for Buford and Pop. I'm comfortable on that side of the argument.

Spurs_619
02-14-2016, 09:50 PM
Only Kawhi fans will spin a thread about LMAlpha focusing on getting a title into a negative :lol

No unlike you who would rather see Kawhi play like shit then the spurs win i want LMA to do well and prove me wrong. I responded to a Post comparing the two and why one gets a perceived pass, thats all.

Spurs_619
02-14-2016, 09:52 PM
No evidence in his NBA career foe the big moment..?

Just reread that a few times..

He showed enough for Buford and Pop. I'm comfortable on that side of the argument.

Dont get me wrong i think adding LMA was a huge positive, but i don't think hes going to be the guy to deliver in crunch time or in big games he never has been that player.

Slippy
02-14-2016, 11:19 PM
I am not going to defend LMA for his rather mediocre playoffs performance so far, but i just think Kawhi has always been in a way better position to succeed than LMA.

Kawhi has not been the focal point of the team in neither of all his playoffs appearences aside of maybe the last one, where he was as mediocre as LMA has been overall in portland, other than that he always shared the court with at least 2 more players far more experienced, battle tested, respected by the refs and opposing coached than him, which puts him in a position to excel.

On the other hand LMA has always been the focal and sometimes only point of his team during his stint in Portland, he never had ANY player as battle tested and effective as Duncan or Ginobili which are not only great players but leaders and pressure pumps for any player, nor a team that didnīt need him to score at least 30 on every night.

So i am not trying to say that Kawhi success should be overlooked, just that what KL has done depended a lot on the team around him, just as LMA failure also depended a lot on the team around him.

Thats the crux of the matter. Unfair comparison . Plus the theres no way anyone can consider portland a contending team like the spurs in LA's time there.

ChumpDumper
02-14-2016, 11:37 PM
lol game plan krew still game planning.

rasuo214
02-14-2016, 11:55 PM
Why are people comparing a 30 yr old to a 24 yr old as if that's an equal comparison?

LMA @ 23 in the playoffs = 19.5 ppg 7.5 rpg
Kawhi @ 23 in the playoffs = 20.3 ppg 7.4 rpg

Took LMA until his 4th try to get past the 1st round @ age 28. The logical thing would be to wait and see what Kawhi has done by age 30 but this is the internet so carry on...

YGWHI
02-15-2016, 12:11 AM
Some posters here are making a big deal of LMA playoffs/big games/whatever, he's doing a great job this season and will be fine in playoffs.

Tell Mnky this shit, the first guy in this thread who was comparing LMA to Kawhi...

It's crazy people think Aldridge isn't a clutch performer or good performer. Kawhi has much worse stats in the playoffs, yet they consider him to be a great player. It's just a fan type of mindset that doesn't really understand basketball.
Still waiting to see those worse playoffs stats, since LMA/Kawhi stats show that Kawhi has been a lot more efficient...

YGWHI
02-15-2016, 12:43 AM
Why are people comparing a 30 yr old to a 24 yr old as if that's an equal comparison?

LMA @ 23 in the playoffs = 19.5 ppg 7.5 rpg
Kawhi @ 23 in the playoffs = 20.3 ppg 7.4 rpg

Took LMA until his 4th try to get past the 1st round @ age 28. The logical thing would be to wait and see what Kawhi has done by age 30 but this is the internet so carry on...

:tu

Statistically...Kawhi 48 FG% 20.3 ppg, LMA .33 FG% 21.8 ppg in last playoffs.

Kawhi didn't play horrible against Barnes, until game 6 Kawhi was great, averaging 24 ppg in .60 FG%...I guess that Barnes was playing for the Clippers in those previous five games.
It didn't really matter who was guarding Kawhi in the last two games of the series, he was having a terrible slump at the worst time.

LaMarcus Bryant
02-15-2016, 12:46 AM
Why can't Aldridge playoff numbers be explained simply through nature of him always being on an inferior team going against superior competition, with smart coaches who game plan to take Aldridge out of the game?

If you look at Portland teams, the logical thing is to shut down Aldridge and force them to beat you from outside.
Seems like that's what's happened.

TrainOfThought5
02-15-2016, 12:50 AM

I could write a book on kawhis clutch levels.

Spurs_619
02-15-2016, 01:11 AM
:tu

Statistically...Kawhi 48 FG% 20.3 ppg, LMA .33 FG% 21.8 ppg in last playoffs.

Kawhi didn't play horrible against Barnes, until game 6 Kawhi was great, averaging 24 ppg in .60 FG%...I guess that Barnes was playing for the Clippers in those previous five games.
It didn't really matter who was guarding Kawhi in the last two games of the series, he was having a terrible slump at the worst time.

Don't even bother. Logic and statistics don't matter some posters on this site will always downplay Kawhi for whatever reason.

Russo21
02-15-2016, 01:23 AM
Well LMA is having a good regular season anyway so I dunno what he's talking about there. The rest of the NBA should bloody look out if LMA is on top of his game in the playoffs with the team he has around him, can't wait to see how he and the rest of the guys go. Go Spurs Go!

SAGirl
02-15-2016, 01:26 AM
Well Kawhi had a betteR team with HoF players. lma had lillard??? Little no d chucker... and no HoF coach either. I can't see ppl continuing to hate on him when we would not be playoff team without him this season... last season we were a 7th seed and Timmy played out of his mind all season. That wasn't going to happen again. This is not to diminish the rest of the team or Kawhi's excellence, but without Lamarcus this team has a lower ceiling and we may yet not win it all this season bc we are weak at the guard spots.

YGWHI
02-15-2016, 01:27 AM
Don't even bother. Logic and statistics don't matter some posters on this site will always downplay Kawhi for whatever reason.

I find this very funny. Mnky and TGY saying "statistically, blah blah" but stats show otherwise.

SAGirl
02-15-2016, 01:30 AM

Good point.

Spurs_619
02-15-2016, 01:34 AM
Well Kawhi had a betteR team with HoF players. lma had lillard??? Little no d chucker... and no HoF coach either. I can't see ppl continuing to hate on him when we would not be playoff team without him this season... last season we were a 7th seed and Timmy played out of his mind all season. That wasn't going to happen again. This is not to diminish the rest of the team or Kawhi's excellence, but without Lamarcus this team has a lower ceiling and we may yet not win it all this season bc we are weak at the guard spots.

As i said in previous posts in this thread 2-3 years ago LMA was the better player, but then your comparing a prime LMA to a 21 year old Kawhi which is stupid. and his addition to this team has been a huge positive and he is a great player. But LMA has never stepped up when his team needed him, and that has also been the case in the big games the spurs have played this year. Like i also said in this thread earlier i hope he proves me wrong.

Spurs_619
02-15-2016, 01:35 AM
I find this very funny. Mnky and TGY saying "statistically, blah blah" but stats show otherwise.

And then you show them the numbers and they just ignore them :lol

rasuo214
02-15-2016, 01:54 AM

Last year's team was a 6th seed and only 1 game back from the 2nd seed. Last year the west was significantly better, the same team would easily be a 3rd or 4th seed this season.

When it comes to LMA we'll see how he does in the playoffs this season. Everything else won't matter if he's a beast this year and helps lead the team to another :lobt2:.

SAGirl
02-15-2016, 02:08 AM
Last year's team was a 6th seed and only 1 game back from the 2nd seed. Last year the west was significantly better, the same team would easily be a 3rd or 4th seed this season.

When it comes to LMA we'll see how he does in the playoffs this season. Everything else won't matter if he's a beast this year and helps lead the team to another :lobt2:.fuzzy memory, but by any measuring stick last season's team underachieved big time and it wasn't going to improve with Timmy, Manu and Tony one year older and everyone else but Kawhi was a roleplayer. That was the point which you captured. One game away still is one game short, one bucket short can cost you a series etc. No excuses for last season Spurs team, same as no excuses for Lma but our weakness is our guard play, the strength of several other teams. Ultimately we may not win it, but I don't think that will be on Lma. It's more likely to be on Tony and our other guards getting owned. But that too will be settled in the postseason.

LongtimeSpursFan
02-15-2016, 02:13 AM
We need Aldridge to save his best basketball for the playoffs. The Spurs simply do not have any other player that demands a double team anymore.

Spurs_619
02-15-2016, 02:15 AM
We need Aldridge to save his best basketball for the playoffs. The Spurs simply do not have any other player that demands a double team anymore.

Except ya know when the clips double teamed kawhi multiple times in the post in the series last year, but who on ST actually watches the games.

LongtimeSpursFan
02-15-2016, 02:18 AM
Except ya know when the clips double teamed kawhi multiple times in the post in the series last year, but who on ST actually watches the games.

Exactly. Clips double teamed Kawhi as they knew he did not have the ability to make the right pass to the open man. Thus, causing Spurs to lose series.

Spurs_619
02-15-2016, 02:24 AM
Exactly. Clips double teamed Kawhi as they knew he did not have the ability to make the right pass to the open man. Thus, causing Spurs to lose series.

No they double teamed him because nobody on that roster could guard him in the post. Tom rivers lucked into Kawhi not being used to the double team and our shooters he was dishing it out to going cold. But thats one of the worst takes in a long time if you think LMA would command a double team more then Kawhi who makes his money off being a mismatch in the post :lol. What are you going to do double LMA at the elbow :lmao, he has not post game and that's where you see most double teams come.

midnightpulp
02-15-2016, 02:40 AM
The good thing here is that the Spurs don't need 25 and 12 from LMA. A modest 16-18 and 10 on 45-50% shooting/20ish PER from him should be enough (provided everyone else plays up to par) to beat every team not named the Warriors. That's a hair below his playoff stats in Portland, so it should be achievable. If he can stay in the ballpark with Portland playoff numbers in addition to playing much improved defense, the Spurs will be fine.

"We brought him in to beat the Warriors! 18ppg ain't gonna cut it."

The Warriors, presently, are an impossible standard to live up to. 18ppg from LMA should've been theoretically enough (look at our success last season against the Warriors without him), but the Warriors are in a different tier right now, and there's not a single player out there we could've signed short of a top 5 player that would've put us on their level.

I know I've been talking up Wardell and Co. a lot as this indomitable entity, but I'm just trying to temper expectations and generate appreciation for the current team. In 95% of NBA seasons, the Spurs probably win the title with this squad, with LMA being a key reason, but if your measuring stick is the Warriors, no signing was "worth it" outside of Lebron or Westbrook.

Mnky
02-15-2016, 04:04 AM

You showed one playoff performance from a team that had given up, and the spurs who were contending for a title. You also mention that Kawhi had a "slump". In other words he choked when it mattered. I defended lma, after people started bringing up Kawhi. I used the emphasis that people give credit to Kawhi out of pure fan reasons, considering he has shown time and time he wasn't ready to handle the pressure of a big time moment. He had his one performance against lebron who has made a career of making his opponent look good. Otherwise nothing. Yet the spurs support him. My point, that the fan vision wouldn't let people see... is they should look at Aldridge with the same support. The guy has show more than Kawhi, considering he has performed at a high level over a much longer period of time.

I said show career averages. You guys keep picking numbers that make your argument look good, instead of what was asked. Shows that you know what those averages show.. Kawhi has a career performance average that is not close to lma. If you want to make a case about someone not showing up, it would be Kawhi first, as it should since he's the younger and inexperienced of the two, but fans won't see it that way.
This thread was about lma talking about winning a championship and people started talking about him being a career no show and Kawhi being an alpha.

Kawhi is my favorite spur player. The only Jersey I've bought since Robinson, Duncan and Ginobilli.
The homerism here is ridiculous. Last couple years it wasn't about stats and media credibility, since that's not the spurs way, and now everyone talks about Kawhi ppg, and all star appearances. Fans here flip flop so much and jump on bandwagons they were dissing just a few months ago.

Bottom line, LMA is a big time player. Hasn't shown otherwise. Has consistently put up good performances even when all the teams are game planning to stop him. Been doing that since his rookie year. Kawhi, on the other hand, is just learning how to beat a double team.. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Spurs_619
02-15-2016, 05:10 AM
You showed one playoff performance from a team that had given up, and the spurs who were contending for a title. You also mention that Kawhi had a "slump". In other words he choked when it mattered. I defended lma, after people started bringing up Kawhi. I used the emphasis that people give credit to Kawhi out of pure fan reasons, considering he has shown time and time he wasn't ready to handle the pressure of a big time moment. He had his one performance against lebron who has made a career of making his opponent look good. Otherwise nothing. Yet the spurs support him. My point, that the fan vision wouldn't let people see... is they should look at Aldridge with the same support. The guy has show more than Kawhi, considering he has performed at a high level over a much longer period of time.

I said show career averages. You guys keep picking numbers that make your argument look good, instead of what was asked. Shows that you know what those averages show.. Kawhi has a career performance average that is not close to lma. If you want to make a case about someone not showing up, it would be Kawhi first, as it should since he's the younger and inexperienced of the two, but fans won't see it that way.
This thread was about lma talking about winning a championship and people started talking about him being a career no show and Kawhi being an alpha.

Kawhi is my favorite spur player. The only Jersey I've bought since Robinson, Duncan and Ginobilli.
The homerism here is ridiculous. Last couple years it wasn't about stats and media credibility, since that's not the spurs way, and now everyone talks about Kawhi ppg, and all star appearances. Fans here flip flop so much and jump on bandwagons they were dissing just a few months ago.

Bottom line, LMA is a big time player. Hasn't shown otherwise. Has consistently put up good performances even when all the teams are game planning to stop him. Been doing that since his rookie year. Kawhi, on the other hand, is just learning how to beat a double team.. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Asking the career averages for a 24 year old player who hasn't seen his prime yet versus a player who most likely has has seen his best years is more skewing than most of the stats others have posted. I posted stats last year when they were in a similar situation in terms of roles and usage % and Kawhi had the better stats. Also another poster gave you the same stats LMA posted at Kawhis age once again it was the same result, that's not homerism that's just giving some context to the stats your asking. Sure LMA wasthe better playing coming into the league and more polished, but imo Kawhi has surpassed LMA as a better overall player especially when you put defense into the conversation.

Chinook
02-15-2016, 08:37 AM
I posted stats last year when they were in a similar situation in terms of roles and usage % and Kawhi had the better stats.

Those situations weren't the same at all. The Clips didn't come into that series game-planning against Kawhi. Once they started, his numbers fell off. LMA was hurt (actually was supposed to be shut down for the season but powered through it) on an injured roster against a team that pretty much only knows how to play defense and pretty much put all that energy into defending him. It's biased as hell to act like he and Leonard were in comparable positions. You switch the two, and the Spurs are in the WCF, and the Blazers are still at home. And that's not because LMA is better than Kawhi or that he was then, it was because the Spurs desperately needed a legit second big in that series, more than they needed an SF.

Also another poster gave you the same stats LMA posted at Kawhis age once again it was the same result, that's not homerism that's just giving some context to the stats your asking.

That's totally homerism. No one cares what Aldridge did at 23. And no one currently cares what Kawhi will do at 30. That Leonard has a chance to pass up Aldridge significantly is irrelevant to the conversation. The point is that Aldridge has had a much tougher road than Leonard has, and he's held up. He's legit. And Kawhi has had his share of struggles as the main man. And he's held up. He's also legit. Neither one is perfect, but both are great.

This isn't about who's better now or who will have the better career. It's about understanding why having two guys like them is important, because neither one of them can do it by themselves. They aren't 2003 Duncan. They need to be good enough and cohesive enough that teams can't just take one of them out of the series. Aldridge and Kawhi get that, but the fans are having a hard time seeing that it's LMA AND Kawhi, not LMA OR Kawhi.

bic50
02-15-2016, 09:07 AM
When and how did things go from Parker vs kawhi to now aldridge vs kawhi? Why do spurs fans do this to themselves? :lol

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-15-2016, 09:10 AM
When and how did things go from Parker vs kawhi to now aldridge vs kawhi? Why do spurs fans do this to themselves? :lol

They don't - there are 10 Harlem alts and a couple of GNSFs who bite on this Kawhi vs LMA shit.

kaji157
02-15-2016, 09:56 AM
Asking the career averages for a 24 year old player who hasn't seen his prime yet versus a player who most likely has has seen his best years is more skewing than most of the stats others have posted. I posted stats last year when they were in a similar situation in terms of roles and usage % and Kawhi had the better stats. Also another poster gave you the same stats LMA posted at Kawhis age once again it was the same result, that's not homerism that's just giving some context to the stats your asking. Sure LMA wasthe better playing coming into the league and more polished, but imo Kawhi has surpassed LMA as a better overall player especially when you put defense into the conversation.

There is no "better" LMA is clearly "better" offensively and KL is "better" defensively.
LMA can carry a team of a bunch of scrubs thru RS and to the Second Round in the Playoffs, KL has yet to show that kind of performance and probably will never be able to do it.
KL on the other hand can Defend top NBA players and LMA has yet to shown this and probably never will. Same situation.

There is no better, i cringe to see people here comparing both scenarios for Kawhi and LMA, once the big 3 leaves there is a realistic possibility that the Spurs never get to the Finals again, yet some here still credit Leonard over the big 3 for 2014, completely ignoring the fact that KL didnīt deliver the one series the other team planned for him.

The Spurs big 3 have been succeeding for a decade, with teams planning exclusively to stop them, and almost always delivered, i can actually count more "role players choke" games over big 3 choke games, their stats in elimination games are flawless for the 3 of them, Leonard has not reached this level, and never did LMA.

lefty
02-15-2016, 10:17 AM
Good read.

Reminds me of that Parker quote:

"I came here to get carried to titles, no to show up in the playoffs"

SpursIndonesia
02-15-2016, 10:30 AM
The Spurs fans should be thankful that BOTH their superstars are playing alongside each other just fine, not bickering ala Shaq-Kobe in early 2000's Lakers. And yet we can't have a thread which actually has a positive content & message in its original post, in a supportive & constructive manner. :bang

skulls138
02-15-2016, 10:34 AM
The Spurs fans should be thankful that BOTH their superstars are playing alongside each other just fine, not bickering ala Shaq-Kobe in early 2000's Lakers. And yet we can't have a thread which actually has a positive content & message in its original post, in a supportive & constructive manner. :bangIts funny how so many people like the Spurs yet think so un-Spurs like when it comes to them. Youd think theyd all be Carmelo fans.

RD2191
02-15-2016, 10:46 AM
Reminds me of that Parker quote:

"I came here to get carried to titles, no to show up in the playoffs"

Mnky
02-15-2016, 10:53 AM
Those situations weren't the same at all. The Clips didn't come into that series game-planning against Kawhi. Once they started, his numbers fell off. LMA was hurt (actually was supposed to be shut down for the season but powered through it) on an injured roster against a team that pretty much only knows how to play defense and pretty much put all that energy into defending him. It's biased as hell to act like he and Leonard were in comparable positions. You switch the two, and the Spurs are in the WCF, and the Blazers are still at home. And that's not because LMA is better than Kawhi or that he was then, it was because the Spurs desperately needed a legit second big in that series, more than they needed an SF.

That's totally homerism. No one cares what Aldridge did at 23. And no one currently cares what Kawhi will do at 30. That Leonard has a chance to pass up Aldridge significantly is irrelevant to the conversation. The point is that Aldridge has had a much tougher road than Leonard has, and he's held up. He's legit. And Kawhi has had his share of struggles as the main man. And he's held up. He's also legit. Neither one is perfect, but both are great.

This isn't about who's better now or who will have the better career. It's about understanding why having two guys like them is important, because neither one of them can do it by themselves. They aren't 2003 Duncan. They need to be good enough and cohesive enough that teams can't just take one of them out of the series. Aldridge and Kawhi get that, but the fans are having a hard time seeing that it's LMA AND Kawhi, not LMA OR Kawhi.

:toast

Very well put.

LMA had a tough road and has consistently persevered. He deserves appreciation, not doubt. He has earned it.
Spurfan should be thankful he's here, otherwise kawhis ascension doesn't amount to much outside that all star appearance. With LMA he has a chance to be great outside the big three, in his own big three.

skulls138
02-15-2016, 12:23 PM
He has to earn it on this team, forget what hes done before, the money he gets is the reward for what hes done before. What has he done for me lately, thats all that counts. Having said that why not be more encouraging about what he can do for us, he has a great skill package that can help us win it all, Kawhi too.

DMX7
02-15-2016, 12:31 PM
:lma:lobt2::flag:

:lma :claw

NameLess Scrub
02-15-2016, 12:49 PM
The Spurs fans should be thankful that BOTH their superstars are playing alongside each other just fine, not bickering ala Shaq-Kobe in early 2000's Lakers. And yet we can't have a thread which actually has a positive content & message in its original post, in a supportive & constructive manner. :bang

Oh well they did threepeated :lol

buttsR4rebounding
02-15-2016, 12:51 PM

You have repeatedly said that LMA is a shitty playoff performer, but that really isn't accurate. He had a bad shooting playoff last year, although he averaged 21 points, 11 reb, 2 asst, 2.4 blocks a game. His career averages during the playoffs are higher across the board than his regular season and last year was the only year that he has shot significantly below his regular season average. Many would attribute the drop in FG%, if any, to the fact that he averages over 40 minutes a game in the playoffs as opposed to 35 minutes in the regular season.

HarlemHeat37
02-15-2016, 01:04 PM
You have repeatedly said that LMA is a shitty playoff performer, but that really isn't accurate. He had a bad shooting playoff last year, although he averaged 21 points, 11 reb, 2 asst, 2.4 blocks a game. His career averages during the playoffs are higher across the board than his regular season and last year was the only year that he has shot significantly below his regular season average. Many would attribute the drop in FG%, if any, to the fact that he averages over 40 minutes a game in the playoffs as opposed to 35 minutes in the regular season.

His playoffs numbers fall off a cliff, I already posted them in this thread..efficiency numbers, on/off numbers and production numbers..I don't care about his raw counting stats, they're irrelevant here..

I'm not sure you could find a star big man with worse career numbers in the playoffs, especially the efficiency..

BatManu20
02-15-2016, 01:11 PM
Have a feelling LMA's great play is going to continue the 2nd half of the season. I think he's locked in.

bic50
02-15-2016, 01:34 PM
:toast

Very well put.

LMA had a tough road and has consistently persevered. He deserves appreciation, not doubt. He has earned it.
Spurfan should be thankful he's here, otherwise kawhis ascension doesn't amount to much outside that all star appearance. With LMA he has a chance to be great outside the big three, in his own big three.

I get what youre sauing. Some doubt kawhi based off what happened last playoffs alone. Want his role to change and someone else to be the "alpha" or "leader" and saying aldridge should be that guy. The comparisons are ridiculous seeing how they both play on the same team, but I feel some downplay kawhi a bit because of what happened in the playoffs.

SAGirl
02-15-2016, 03:45 PM
Have a feelling LMA's great play is going to continue the 2nd half of the season. I think he's locked in.
He really upped the ante after GSW and deleting the Twitter account.

Spurs_619
02-15-2016, 06:00 PM
There is no "better" LMA is clearly "better" offensively and KL is "better" defensively.
LMA can carry a team of a bunch of scrubs thru RS and to the Second Round in the Playoffs, KL has yet to show that kind of performance and probably will never be able to do it.
KL on the other hand can Defend top NBA players and LMA has yet to shown this and probably never will. Same situation.

There is no better, i cringe to see people here comparing both scenarios for Kawhi and LMA, once the big 3 leaves there is a realistic possibility that the Spurs never get to the Finals again, yet some here still credit Leonard over the big 3 for 2014, completely ignoring the fact that KL didnīt deliver the one series the other team planned for him.

The Spurs big 3 have been succeeding for a decade, with teams planning exclusively to stop them, and almost always delivered, i can actually count more "role players choke" games over big 3 choke games, their stats in elimination games are flawless for the 3 of them, Leonard has not reached this level, and never did LMA.

Except in every offensive stat this year Kawhi is better offensively but. So how is Lma the clearly better offensive player as of now?

Spurs_619
02-15-2016, 06:09 PM

Except they def did gameplan for kawhi as they were doubling him a lot the first three games of that series. Were two of the spurs starters not playing injured that series as well? Was Danny green a complete no show till game seven? Kawhi carried the team hard that first five games and that's seriously revisionist history if you deny that. Yea he dropped the ball in game 6 and 7 but so did everyone not named Tim Duncan. Of course it will take both of them playing well for them to get back to the finals but if posters here are expecting Lma to step up in the clutch they are going to be let down. I hope he proves me wrong. It was lillard who clinched the series if he misses that shot they go back to hou for game 7 and LmA maybe never even gets out of the first round.

Joseph Kony
02-15-2016, 06:22 PM
Only a retard would try to use Aldridge's stats last season against one of the better defensive teams with the bigs to throw at him when his roster was fucked by injuries as some kind of argument against him. Comparing Leonard/Aldridge numbers and efficiency wise this point is meaningless. Leonard has always been on a legit top 3 team in the league for his entire career with a HOF cast and GOAT level coach and only recently has he stepped up to be the man. Aldridge on the other hand did not have the same situation in Portland and his teammates routinely got injured. His best teammates' knees went out and after that his best teammate was L:lollard. I think Kawhi is a better overall player and because he is younger he will definitely have a better career imo, but let's have some perspective here. I don't get the constant dick measuring between players by all you cucks tbh

Chinook
02-15-2016, 06:54 PM
Except they def did gameplan for kawhi as they were doubling him a lot the first three games of that series.

That's not game-planning. That's an adjustment. And no, it's not semantics. The Clippers clearly didn't go into that series expecting to have to stop Kawhi to win. EVERYONE knew you had to stop LMA to beat Portland.

Were two of the spurs starters not playing injured that series as well?

Splitter being hurt was huge, as was Parker not being 100 percent. That's why the Spurs lost the series. But they had plenty of ammo left, unlike Portland.

Was Danny green a complete no show till game seven?

Nah, he played well in four of the seven games. Thanks for showing you don't remember the series very well. He exploded in Game Seven for sure, but if that was the Green you expected to show up every game, I don't know what to tell you.

Kawhi carried the team hard that first five games and that's seriously revisionist history if you deny that

What does that prove? Green carried the Spurs for five games of the NBA Finals. LMA carried his team to a series win against Houston. The idea that Kawhi was somehow exceptional while the other guys are chokers is absurd. Just complete homerism.

Yea he dropped the ball in game 6 and 7 but so did everyone not named Tim Duncan.

And Green, as you just mentioned. But "dropping the ball" IS choking. It's a simple as that. Kawhi choked down the stretch in three straight games to end that series. It happens to the best players, and it happens more when they are the focus of a defensive game-plan. Kawhi saw for a series what LMA has seen for years.

Of course it will take both of them playing well for them to get back to the finals but if posters here are expecting Lma to step up in the clutch they are going to be let down.

It will take both of them because neither one of them is going to be able to clutch out a series by themselves. Not against a really good team. That's what you fail to realize. They both failed last year as first options, and that's why they're together now. That you keep trying to sub-divide the degrees of failure is what's making you look biased.

It was lillard who clinched the series if he misses that shot they go back to hou for game 7 and LmA maybe never even gets out of the first round.

Look, if you're going to pretend like the Spurs didn't have guys step up in clutch moments who aren't Leonard, I don't think this conversation is going to be able to keep going. Kawhi's had exactly two game-winners in his NBA career. The Spurs have plenty of guys who have done it in clutch moments, both in the regular season and in the playoffs. Now they have one more.

kaji157
02-15-2016, 07:07 PM
Except in every offensive stat this year Kawhi is better offensively but. So how is Lma the clearly better offensive player as of now?

Just compare the last time both were focal points of either offenses and let me know.

HarlemHeat37
02-15-2016, 07:24 PM
Mnky compared Kawhi to Aldridge, not sure why people are getting angry at other posters:lol..

If you want to live in an imaginary world where Aldridge is a proven playoff performer, that's fine, but comparing him to Kawhi just creates unnecessary hate from Spurs fans on their own players..smh..

bic50
02-15-2016, 07:41 PM
Actually had to go back and Mnky did bring kawhi into all this. Smh

Spurs_619
02-15-2016, 07:44 PM
Just compare the last time both were focal points of either offenses and let me know.

They are both focal points this year and kawhi is putting up better numbers now ya know.

Mnky
02-15-2016, 07:45 PM
Mnky compared Kawhi to Aldridge, not sure why people are getting angry at other posters:lol..

If you want to live in an imaginary world where Aldridge is a proven playoff performer, that's fine, but comparing him to Kawhi just creates unnecessary hate from Spurs fans on their own players..smh..

Compared the way fans view someone like Kawhi as opposed to someone like LMA, which was referenced on the first page by your alts friends. Kawhifans tried to create a situation where Kawhi wins a comparison like they do with every discussion on this board. That fell apart in their face because of their own bad takes.

Spurs_619
02-15-2016, 07:49 PM
Compared the way fans view someone like Kawhi as opposed to someone like LMA, which was referenced on the first page by your alts friends. Kawhifans tried to create a situation where Kawhi wins a comparison like they do with every discussion on this board. That fell apart in their face because of their own bad takes.

Not really you haven't backed up any of your claims with any stats to prove them. And your cherrypicking the one stat that favors LMA. I think alot of the Kawhi hate comes from the mass amount of european fans from the big 3 ERA who hate to see black american players succeed for some reason, just look through the board the amount of racist shit here is disgusting.

HarlemHeat37
02-15-2016, 07:51 PM

But you brought it up, bro, Kawhi had nothing to do with this thread or discussion..

I don't even care that you did, but I don't know why other posters are allocating blame where it doesn't belong:lol

Spurs_619
02-15-2016, 07:53 PM

Not saying from you. But from a good amount of posters on this board.

Spurs_619
02-15-2016, 08:02 PM
That's not game-planning. That's an adjustment. And no, it's not semantics. The Clippers clearly didn't go into that series expecting to have to stop Kawhi to win. EVERYONE knew you had to stop LMA to beat Portland.

Actually shows how well you don't remeber, in the win in L.A. during the reg season doc specifially mentioned in the post game presser that the clips not having a wing to match up with Kawhi was a problem and they needed to figure something out. So obviously they were game planning for him during that series as he was our best player the second half of that season. You sound like a kobe fan with this argumen. But kobe only chucked 6-24 because all the focus was on him :(:(

It will take both of them because neither one of them is going to be able to clutch out a series by themselves. Not against a really good team. That's what you fail to realize. They both failed last year as first options, and that's why they're together now. That you keep trying to sub-divide the degrees of failure is what's making you look biased.

No a poster asked why Kawhi gets a perceived pass from the media and fans while aldridge doesn't, because Kawhi has shown up on the biggest stage and LMA hasn't don't know why that's so hard to comprehend.

Look, if you're going to pretend like the Spurs didn't have guys step up in clutch moments who aren't Leonard, I don't think this conversation is going to be able to keep going. Kawhi's had exactly two game-winners in his NBA career. The Spurs have plenty of guys who have done it in clutch moments, both in the regular season and in the playoffs. Now they have one m

The spurs have plenty of clutch players who have had multiple big moments and series Parker, Gino, obviously Duncan, even Diaw and Green have had huge moments in the WCF and the finals. LMA had one memorable series in the first round sorry im not going to depend on him to show up when it matters. If you really want to compare the stats of Kawhi and LMA against contenders this year (OKC,CLE,GS) its going to look horrible for LMA, so not like he has shown otherwise this year either.

Mnky
02-15-2016, 08:26 PM
But you brought it up, bro, Kawhi had nothing to do with this thread or discussion..

I don't even care that you did, but I don't know why other posters are allocating blame where it doesn't belong:lol

I didn't bring Kawhi into this discussion. I replied to it.

wingster
02-15-2016, 08:47 PM
Man...for a second I thought that Kawhi and Aldridge were competing against other teams not each other.
Silly me.

bic50
02-15-2016, 09:26 PM
Man...for a second I thought that Kawhi and Aldridge were competing against other teams not each other.
Silly me.

BillMc
02-15-2016, 09:44 PM
Silly me.

T Park
02-15-2016, 09:50 PM

Didn't he play with a torn ligament in his right wrist last year that needed surgery?

Mel_13
02-15-2016, 10:40 PM
Didn't he play with a torn ligament in his right wrist last year that needed surgery?

Left thumb.

HarlemHeat37
02-16-2016, 12:06 AM

Maybe..all I've said is that he hasn't been a good playoff performer(fact) and needs to prove himself on the big stage(fact):lol..

There's nothing mean-spirited or hateful there..it's quite possible that he needed a different coach/situation to get it out of him..Pau Gasol was also viewed as a career loser and choker(most people here called him that when the Lakers acquired him, partly out of fear, though:lol), and transformed into the legitimate Finals MVP of 2010..

YGWHI
02-16-2016, 07:57 PM
I defended lma
No, you weren't defending LMA, you said that "Kawhi has much worse stats in playoffs" that's just attacking him for nothing.

And you know that it doesn't true because Kawhi has been more efficient, also, in his first seasons at the same age, Kawhi had better stats.

If you're going to compare a player with other, you have to do it at the same stage of their careers.

That's totally homerism. No one cares what Aldridge did at 23. And no one currently cares what Kawhi will do at 30.
Yep. It's fair to compare 2016 Tim's current stats with Davis' stats.

Most people would think that the best way is to compare Duncan in his 20's/first seasons with Davis...but not you.

"Who cares what he did before" This is the same to say...we just need to compare the 23 year old player in his 4 th season, with 30 year old player in his 8th season because a player with four years more in the league doesn't gain more experience or get better.

YGWHI
02-16-2016, 08:17 PM
I didn't bring Kawhi into this discussion. I replied to it.

No. In your first post in the thread you replied to this...

And he never mentioned Kawhi. You are comparing LMA to Kawhi when there is no need to...

Mnky
02-16-2016, 08:38 PM
Nope.

bic50
02-16-2016, 08:39 PM

YGWHI
02-16-2016, 08:39 PM
Nope.

Yes. That's exactly what you did here.

Mnky
02-16-2016, 08:45 PM
I'll respond, because I'm not sure I did before, you first said I didn't defend lma, then you said I brought up Kawhi when I didn't need too. You can quote my first post, and the first things I say, are defending lma and using Kawhi as an example why people treat him unfairly compare to others.

Quite literally... my first statements are the exact opposite of your claims. I'm not into this forum flirting though. If you don't believe me, that's cool. Have a good one.

bic50
02-16-2016, 08:53 PM
I'll respond, because I'm not sure I did before, you first said I didn't defend lma, then you said I brought up Kawhi when I didn't need too. You can quote my first post, and the first things I say, are defending lma and using Kawhi as an example why people treat him unfairly compare to others.

Quite literally... my first statements are the exact opposite of your claims. I'm not into this forum flirting though. If you don't believe me, that's cool. Have a good one.

But why use kawhi as an example? He's only in his 5th season.
And why downplay what he didn't in the 2014 finals but say he choked last season?

YGWHI
02-16-2016, 09:03 PM

Talking about "much worse stats", comparing players when there is no need to...Attacking a player to defend other? Is that your way to defend LMA?

YGWHI
02-16-2016, 09:08 PM
But why use kawhi as an example?

For the same reason that Chinook says "homerism" every time that a guy posts something positive about Kawhi, or call the good articles about him just "narrative".

They can't handle Kawhi's improvements/success. Remember, for them "Kawhi should just trot into the corner and wait"

bic50
02-16-2016, 09:19 PM
For the same reason that Chinook says "homerism" every time that a guy posts something positive about Kawhi, or call the good articles about him just "narrative".

Remember. For for them Kawhi "should trot into the corner and wait"

Or how last season kawhi just choked simple as that , but in 2014 finals doesn't count because the guy he did it against makes guys look good. Kawhi simply stepped up that's all there is to it. Crazy that anyone tries to argue that.

Mnky
02-16-2016, 09:19 PM
But why use kawhi as an example? He's only in his 5th season.
And why downplay what he didn't in the 2014 finals but say he choked last season?

I used a spurs player in a spurs forum, so people could relate. It wouldn't make much sense to compare him to a player that the forum wouldn't relate to. People here overrate their players or underate and its usually by quite a margin. I didn't downplay Kawhi, I responded to critics that claim he is far superior to lma. Kawhi did good in the 2014 finals. On the side of lma, people like to claim splutter shut him down. So if we are talking about opponents when it comes to a measuring stick, let's also include that for kawhi. Lebron James turned iguoadala into an MVP over Stephen Curry... let that sink in.

My point from the beginning, is people are grading lma much more harsh than they do someone like Kawhi. When you use that same harsh standard on Kawhi, people call foul. They're both all stars, and top 5 in their position in the NBA. A recent article showed how Kawhi and lma in the last run of games has an production rate that rivaled and/or exceeded other great pairs such as curry/green LeBron/Irving and Westbrook/Durant in that same time frame. They're both great players.

When people talk down on lma, I'll use their same argument against someone they can relate to and see how they stand up. Usually they just throw a fit because the reality is, no one looks good with such harsh standards.

Mnky
02-16-2016, 09:21 PM
Talking about "much worse stats", comparing players when there is no need to...Attacking a player to defend other? Is that your way to defend LMA?

If your first language English? You're not making much sense. Comparing players is how everyone defines players these days, good or bad. You compare to their peers and to the past greats.

YGWHI
02-16-2016, 09:28 PM
Kawhi simply stepped up that's all there is to it. Crazy that anyone tries to argue that.

But he just used him "as example"...Not Parker, not Manu, not Danny...not even Tim. According to Mnky, Kawhi's the only player in the Spurs history who choked in two playoffs games.

And that's why "he used him". Just imagine something crazy like compare LMA to another big for his position... Imagine if he compares LMA to prime Tim?? Nah...so crazy idea. Better to compare him with a young wing. That makes a ton of sense.

Mnky
02-16-2016, 09:33 PM
I compared LMA to arguably a top 3 player in the NBA. That player is a spur. The point is only made, if the person being compared is actually good despite the harsh criticism. I think you guys are missing that part. If Kawhi was bad, the comparison wouldn't work, as the argument is lma is good. So Kawhi must be good for it to work..

YGWHI
02-16-2016, 09:35 PM
If your first language English? You're not making much sense. Comparing players is how everyone defines players these days, good or bad. You compare to their peers and to the past greats.

You attacked him not just compare him.

And again, people compare players at the same stage. No one compares 2016 Davis's stats with current Tim stas and says that Davis was/is the better player for those numbers, like no one should compare LMA in his 8th season with Kawhi in his 4th and say that "Kawhi has much worse stats."

bic50
02-16-2016, 09:49 PM
I used a spurs player in a spurs forum, so people could relate. It wouldn't make much sense to compare him to a player that the forum wouldn't relate to. People here overrate their players or underate and its usually by quite a margin. I didn't downplay Kawhi, I responded to critics that claim he is far superior to lma. Kawhi did good in the 2014 finals. On the side of lma, people like to claim splutter shut him down. So if we are talking about opponents when it comes to a measuring stick, let's also include that for kawhi. Lebron James turned iguoadala into an MVP over Stephen Curry... let that sink in.

My point from the beginning, is people are grading lma much more harsh than they do someone like Kawhi. When you use that same harsh standard on Kawhi, people call foul. They're both all stars, and top 5 in their position in the NBA. A recent article showed how Kawhi and lma in the last run of games has an production rate that rivaled and/or exceeded other great pairs such as curry/green LeBron/Irving and Westbrook/Durant in that same time frame. They're both great players.

When people talk down on lma, I'll use their same argument against someone they can relate to and see how they stand up. Usually they just throw a fit because the reality is, no one looks good with such harsh standards.

LeBron did a pretty bad job making kawhi look good the first 2 games of that series. 9 pts each and was in foul trouble, spurs lose 2nd game and possibly lose 1st game if lebron doesn't go out.
Kawhi stepped up in game 3 putting up a career high and keeping it up the rest of the series. He simply stepped up and you're trying to down play it. But you have no issue saying he choked in the playoffs last season.
Are you saying splitter and lebron are the same level of opponents?
Using Kawhi makes no sense to me. Kawhi barring career ending injury has a good 10 years left in the league, aldridge will likely be done in a little as 3.
I'm not hating on aldridge, we are incredibly lucky to have him. And he's been great as of late. But the comparisons with such a large gap in age and experience in the league between the 2 is pointless.
It's like how people say how kawhi has had more help then aldridge to put him over kawhi. But by that logic you can also put aldridge over parker or manu since aldridge has never had anyone the caliber of prime duncan as a teammate.

Chinook
02-17-2016, 05:15 AM
Yep. It's fair to compare 2016 Tim's current stats with Davis' stats.

Yes, it's entirely fair. Davis is a better player now. No one cares that Tim WAS better. If they were both on the same team and people were talking about who to give the ball to, no one's gonna go to Tim just because he was once the best player in the world.

Most people would think that the best way is to compare Duncan in his 20's/first seasons with Davis...but not you.

Only people trying to find their places in the all-time rankings would make that comparison.

"Who cares what he did before" This is the same to say...we just need to compare the 23 year old player in his 4 th season, with 30 year old player in his 8th season because a player with four years more in the league doesn't gain more experience or get better

It's like you're so completely delusional that you missed the point of what I saying. It makes no difference to this year's team what the career curves of LMA and Kawhi look like. They intersect right now, and right now they're about equal. That Kawhi is going to be much better in seven years than LMA is now is of NO CONSEQUENCE. As of right now, neither one of them is going to carry a team to a title by themselves. But they don't have to, because they have each other. And more importantly, they have a roster full of players who have experience putting a team on their backs for stretches.

Why'd you stop quoting the whole post, btb? It's clear you're right back to taking clips out of context and attacking them.

Chinook
02-17-2016, 05:40 AM
Actually shows how well you don't remeber, in the win in L.A. during the reg season doc specifially mentioned in the post game presser that the clips not having a wing to match up with Kawhi was a problem and they needed to figure something out. So obviously they were game planning for him during that series as he was our best player the second half of that season. You sound like a kobe fan with this argumen. But kobe only chucked 6-24 because all the focus was on him :(:(

So I had no idea you even said anything since you didn't quote me. YOU sound like a Kobe fan trying to pretend that Kawhi was the focus of the Clippers' gameplan when he wasn't. As the series went on and it became clear he COULD beat the Clippers mostly by himself, they adjusted. But putting Redick on Kawhi for long stretches isn't a gameplan, bro. I don't care what you say.

No a poster asked why Kawhi gets a perceived pass from the media and fans while aldridge doesn't, because Kawhi has shown up on the biggest stage and LMA hasn't don't know why that's so hard to comprehend.

Aldridge hasn't gotten a chance to play on the biggest stage. Kawhi didn't will the Spurs to the Finals. He was one of many people who played well on the way to get there. Splitter was probably the most important Spur in the first two series, and without him, Kawhi could be ringless with his only Finals appearance being defined by a missed free throw. But keep lambasting LMA for not being on a great team until now. And keep pretending that what Kawhi did in 2014 means he didn't choke last year. You keep blaming Green, and he's playoff chops are also thoroughly vetted. Again, total homerism.

The spurs have plenty of clutch players who have had multiple big moments and series Parker, Gino, obviously Duncan, even Diaw and Green have had huge moments in the WCF and the finals. LMA had one memorable series in the first round sorry im not going to depend on him to show up when it matters. If you really want to compare the stats of Kawhi and LMA against contenders this year (OKC,CLE,GS) its going to look horrible for LMA, so not like he has shown otherwise this year either.

You're completely willing to give Kawhi individual credit for his team's playoff record and then dock LMA for Lillard making the game-winning shot against Houston. That's the homerism. Kawhi didn't make a single game-winner during that Finals run. He had some clutch plays, and there's no shame in doing your part and making the plays you need to. LMA has his share of amazing plays in big moments, like his step-back three over Howard in OT in Game One. But he was completely overmatched against the Spurs. Splitter is (was :() a much better individual defender than Barnes is. And just as Kawhi struggled against Matt, LMA struggled against Splitter. But the dude still went for 22/10 in that series. Difference is that LMA didn't have a supporting cast who could do much of anything. Batum is a wet noodle in May. Matthews is overrated, and Lillard was only decent. No one was pulling a Tim in that series.

And no, playing well in the regular season against "contenders" isn't proof of anything. LMA has plenty of good tape against those teams from his Portland days, though I suspect you'll discount that because things only count as "biggest moments" when you say they do.

Mnky
02-17-2016, 07:37 AM
Bic and yg, if you guys used the actual words people say, and not your own "made up" responses, you'd probably be a lot less confused. Comparing LeBron and splitter? Attacked Kawhi, nor just compare? :lol

You guys are literally just quoting your own opinions as what other people said, but didn't.

bic50
02-17-2016, 11:43 AM
Bic and yg, if you guys used the actual words people say, and not your own "made up" responses, you'd probably be a lot less confused. Comparing LeBron and splitter? Attacked Kawhi, nor just compare? :lol

You guys are literally just quoting your own opinions as what other people said, but didn't.

I'm not making up anything though. :lol
You literally downplayed what kawhi did in the finals, but claim he flat out choked last season. If you're going to claim he choked against the clippers that's fine, but you also have to give him credit for stepping up in the finals.

YGWHI
02-17-2016, 11:50 PM
It makes no difference to this year's team what the career curves of LMA and Kawhi look like. They intersect right now, and right now they're about equal
No. Mnky posted about their playoffs careers and the guys were responding to that post. Kawhi was in his 4th season last playoffs and LMA in his 8th season, it's pretty obvious that a player with 4 more years as pro has more experience and can handle the pressure of playoffs better than a young guy in his first season as "the guy"

But you claim that's homerism and don't care about the context and experience. You said "they both failed last year as first options" like both were at the same stage of their careers and Kawhi had the same experience of LMA being the first option.

It seems like the context matters to say that Kawhi had the best supporting cast but doesn't matter in any other situation....

However, if you never show favoritism/homerism I wonder why you deliberately leave out certain things...

When one guy says "Danny had a bad series in last playoffs", you reply something like "Not the whole series, he had some good games"

But when other guy says "Kawhi choked in the series against Clippers", you don't reply "Not the whole series, he had 4 great games"

You said "And just as Kawhi struggled against Matt, LMA struggled against Splitter. But the dude still went for 22/10 in that series".
But you didn't say "Kawhi still went for 20.3 ppg in that series" when in the Spurs system and Kawhi's FGA, those are really good numbers, even better than LMA's 22/10, if you consider that LMA had higher USG% and more FGA in his playoffs series.

TheGreatYacht
02-18-2016, 11:29 AM
Good read.

Game thread

Chinook
02-18-2016, 11:49 AM
No. Mnky posted about their playoffs careers and the guys were responding to that post. Kawhi was in his 4th season last playoffs and LMA in his 8th season, it's pretty obvious that a player with 4 more years as pro has more experience and can handle the pressure of playoffs better than a young guy in his first season as "the guy"

I had a longer post typed out to respond to this, but there's not much of a point now.

I just don't think you're keen to have a real conversation about this. No one outside of the Kat Krew is hating on Leonard. Most are very happy with him being the next franchise guy. So when someone says, "LMA did what Kawhi did," that's meant to pump LMA up, not bring Kawhi down. When I say, "Green was the best defender in the 2014 WCF," it's meant to show that Green played DPOY-plus level defense for like 10 straight games, not that Leonard sucked. But you and some of your krew members can't see statements for what they are. You have to make them something you can attack. And it's just bonkers.

Spurs_619
02-19-2016, 01:02 AM
:rolleyes

Budkin
02-19-2016, 01:04 AM

spurs10
02-19-2016, 01:34 AM
Oh he's playing possum!

raybies
02-19-2016, 01:46 AM
Coming back from the all star game, he clearly didn't have his mind right. I expect him to get back on track tomorrow. It's shame that his first game back was against a top team but I'm sure he realizes this.

Kawhitstorm
02-19-2016, 01:47 AM
Dick Jefferson also came for the rings & left with his tail b/w his legs.:wakeup

YGWHI
02-19-2016, 01:52 AM
I had a longer post typed out to respond to this, but there's not much of a point now.

I just don't think you're keen to have a real conversation about this. No one outside of the Kat Krew is hating on Leonard. Most are very happy with him being the next franchise guy. So when someone says, "LMA did what Kawhi did," that's meant to pump LMA up, not bring Kawhi down. When I say, "Green was the best defender in the 2014 WCF," it's meant to show that Green played DPOY-plus level defense for like 10 straight games, not that Leonard sucked. But you and some of your krew members can't see statements for what they are. You have to make them something you can attack. And it's just bonkers.

Well, it's hard to see that when you keep making these crazy comparisons.

Green carried the Spurs for five games of the NBA Finals...The idea that Kawhi was somehow exceptional while the other guys are chokers is absurd
Tim in most games of the Finals, Parker in Game 1/5, Neal Game 3, Manu Game 5...
Except for Tim, Kawhi didn't get any help from his teammates in last playoffs, at least not at Parker/Manu/Neal level in those games of the Finals.

Not sure how "that's meant to pump Danny up and not bring Kawhi down" in this thead, I'd call it homerism but we all know that you're not a homer...

But it's fine. You say there is no ill intention behind those posts, zero subtle, so I should trust your words.

SouthernFried
02-19-2016, 01:53 AM
We've had a few "big" games so far...has he showed up for any of them?

BatManu20
02-19-2016, 01:55 AM
All it takes is one bad game from a player for half of ST to tuck their tales between their legs and meltdown like Chernobyl. Everyone chill the fuck out. It's one game (where the entire team played lousy). LMA has been ballin out the last month.

sasaint
02-19-2016, 01:56 AM
We've had a few "big" games so far...has he showed up for any of them?

Maybe I am slow, but I have just come to the realization that LMA apparently has zero court vision and cannot pass the ball at all.

YGWHI
02-19-2016, 01:57 AM
Some posters here are making a big deal of LMA playoffs/big games/whatever, he's doing a great job this season and will be fine in playoffs.

Ditty
02-19-2016, 01:58 AM
Show up from late April to mid June and I will believe you.

daslicer
02-19-2016, 01:59 AM
All it takes is one bad game from a player for half of ST to tuck their tales between their legs and meltdown like Chernobyl. Everyone chill the fuck out. It's one game (where the entire team played lousy). LMA has been ballin out the last month.
Every year ST has one player they pick to hate with a passion. Last year it was Parker and this year it's LMA. Every bad game LMA has will be magnified by 100X in here. We'll see come playoff time what he's made of but right now it's premature to judge him.

HarlemHeat37
02-19-2016, 02:07 AM
Every year ST has one player they pick to hate with a passion. Last year it was Parker and this year it's LMA. Every bad game LMA has will be magnified by 100X in here. We'll see come playoff time what he's made of but right now it's premature to judge him.

:lol not even close, tbh..he probably wouldn't even make the top 3, this year, so far..

daslicer
02-19-2016, 02:09 AM
:lol not even close, tbh..he probably wouldn't even make the top 3, this year, so far..

Who is on the top 3?

ElNono
02-19-2016, 02:09 AM
I hold out hope that between Pop and Timmy, they can make it work when it matters... I don't expect to come from within LMA, but some strategy and gameplanning that puts him in his comfort zone and hope for the best...

HarlemHeat37
02-19-2016, 02:12 AM
Who is on the top 3?

Green is definitely #1 and Parker is definitely 2..Ginobili is probably 3..

Aldridge is only criticised by a small minority of posters, myself included..he has probably been the most defended player here, this season IMO..

apalisoc_9
02-19-2016, 02:15 AM

Aldridge is only criticised by a small minority of posters, myself included..he has probably been the most defended player here, this season IMO..

Faggot can't eat without Kawhi feeding his fatass.

Parker was terrible tonight but it was clear he tried to play a role he has barely played this year with Kawhi healthy. Probably tought it was a neccisity with kawhi out.

Mcdonalds mighty angus cant even post up mbah moute. Jesus.

AFMadison
02-19-2016, 02:37 AM
CIALMA?

Kawhitstorm
02-19-2016, 02:51 AM

Don't remember Manu get criticized much outside of a few stinkers. He was carrying the bench for the first 6 weeks or so & folks were raving about how great he looked. :lol

Diaw/Patty are the bench mob members folks have been criticizing & demanding that they be traded.

T Park
02-22-2016, 06:29 PM
Maybe..all I've said is that he hasn't been a good playoff performer(fact) and needs to prove himself on the big stage(fact):lol..

There's nothing mean-spirited or hateful there..it's quite possible that he needed a different coach/situation to get it out of him..Pau Gasol was also viewed as a career loser and choker(most people here called him that when the Lakers acquired him, partly out of fear, though:lol), and transformed into the legitimate Finals MVP of 2010..

Yeah it could be but, defense or not, that Rockets series was damn impressive. Also I think it's selling Tiago short the excellent defense he played on him that series. Just my opinion.

TheGreatYacht
03-03-2016, 10:53 PM
The fucking Alpha wants the 1st seed