PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Will Kobe be invited to any playoff games?

MultiTroll
02-14-2016, 01:16 PM
I can't even remember the last time he participated in one.
Did he emit skunk odor in Dallas a half decade ago?

Anyways we he get some pity invites to attend?

DMC
02-14-2016, 01:21 PM
It can be a painful spectacle to watch. Through the All-Star break, Bryant was shooting 35.0 percent from the field, last in the NBA. He was shooting 27.7 percent from 3-point range, second worst among league qualifiers. ESPN's real plus-minus had him 79th out of 80 qualified small forwards. As ESPN's Tom Haberstroh wrote in December, Bryant's decline from age 34 on -- after he ruptured his Achilles -- has been dramatically sharper than that of his peers. In fact, Bryant has actually contributed a negative number of win shares over the past three seasons: minus-0.7. That figure will likely worsen as his minutes pile up this spring.

TheGreatYacht
02-14-2016, 01:25 PM
1/4th of his career spent in the lottery

MultiTroll
02-14-2016, 02:00 PM
In fact, Bryant has actually contributed a negative number of win shares over the past three seasons: minus-0.7. That figure will likely worsen as his minutes pile up this spring.
Have you mentioned this to Thread?
Maybe he could get 0.7 or .7 into his parroting act.

Thread
02-14-2016, 02:15 PM
Have you mentioned this to Thread?
Maybe he could get 0.7 or .7 into his parroting act.

I don't do win shares. I leave that to you children.

MultiTroll
02-14-2016, 02:25 PM
^
If it's one thing you've got, it's choices.
Lottery appearances.
Streak of non playoff years.
On and on.
I think you have some songs coming up.

Thread
02-14-2016, 02:28 PM
^
If it's one thing you've got, it's choices.
Lottery appearances.
Streak of non playoff years.
On and on.
I think you have some songs coming up.

I just peer into the past, Mult, and study it. It sustains me. I'm cognizant of the present, and future. And it's boundlessly bleak.

DMC
02-14-2016, 03:49 PM
I don't do win shares. I leave that to you children.
Good for you, sweetheart

DMC
02-14-2016, 03:51 PM
I just peer into the past, Mult, and study it. It sustains me. I'm cognizant of the present, and future. And it's boundlessly bleak.

After cancer leaves and that cap space opens LA will be back in the hunt soon. LA didn't suddenly become an undesirable destination for talent. Kobe made that happen himself. It's not as bleak as we all pretend it to be.

Splits
02-14-2016, 04:05 PM
After cancer leaves and that cap space opens LA will be back in the hunt soon. LA didn't suddenly become an undesirable destination for talent. Kobe made that happen himself. It's not as bleak as we all pretend it to be.

Yep. They're going to have that big nig back in jersey #12 next season.

Thread
02-14-2016, 06:42 PM
After cancer leaves and that {{{cap space opens}}} LA will be back in the hunt soon. LA didn't suddenly become an undesirable destination for talent. Kobe made that happen himself. It's not as bleak as we all pretend it to be.

Cap space for a gaggle of "Swaggy P's." Skinnin' & grinnin' all over Staples.

gambit1990
02-14-2016, 06:50 PM
they shoulda put kobe in the 3 point contest :lol

DMC
02-14-2016, 11:23 PM

I don't think so. I said it first, remember that. Right now there's some LDN eyeballing LA for that vacancy and probably more than one. It will come together faster than you think, faster than anyone thinks.

midnightpulp
02-14-2016, 11:27 PM

Cub speaks the truth here.

Thread
02-14-2016, 11:28 PM
I don't think so. I said it first, remember that. Right now there's some LDN eyeballing LA for that vacancy and probably more than one. It will come together faster than you think, faster than anyone thinks.

That a defunct hypothesis (eyeballing LA). What's the motivation? Resurrect LA from the ashes? Pie-in-the-sky. Nobody cares. There is no blood line left. It's gone. All gone. Even at truth there is no personnel to fill it. Just men looking for a boodle. 50 Swaggy P's. Get the money and show off to everybody. We ain't alone. Please. We're one of more than 20.

Thread
02-14-2016, 11:29 PM
Cub speaks the truth here.

No, no, Midst. Don't charm me. You're in the doghouse, son. I want an admission. Not even a fuckin' apology. Just an admission and I'll back off.

midnightpulp
02-14-2016, 11:31 PM
No, no, Midst. Don't charm me. You're in the doghouse, son. I want an admission. Not even a fuckin' apology. Just an admission and I'll back off.

You're doing that emotional blackmail thing again. Dirty pool, Cub.

Kool claimed I said the Spurs would lose. Nope.

Thread
02-14-2016, 11:32 PM
You're doing that emotional blackmail thing again. Dirty pool, Cub.

Kool claimed I said the Spurs would lose. Nope.

GD right. It's the only way I've been able to mentor you. Now, admit it, Midst. Act like somebody.

midnightpulp
02-14-2016, 11:34 PM
GD right. It's the only way I've been able to mentor you. Now, admit it, Midst. Act like somebody.

Kool's claim was wrong, though.

And I already admitted he "caught me" being disappointed in the Spurs, but then I realized Pop was playing games.

Thread
02-14-2016, 11:37 PM
Kool's claim was wrong, though.

And I already admitted he "caught me" being disappointed in the Spurs, but then I realized Pop was playing games.

So are you, or, are you not admitting to being pussy in the Kool Case?

midnightpulp
02-14-2016, 11:43 PM
So are you, or, are you not admitting to being pussy in the Kool Case?

Not admitting anything. Kool twisted words. And you fell for his ruse out of desperation to nail me.

All he caught me doing was being disappointed that Spurs weren't up by 30.

Thread
02-14-2016, 11:58 PM
Not admitting anything. Kool twisted words. And you fell for his ruse out of desperation to nail me.

All he caught me doing was being disappointed that Spurs weren't up by 30.

I read the transcripts, Midst. You're guilty. Big deal. Just admit it. I've admitted all my peccadilloes.