PDA

View Full Version : I dont think People realize how important Green is now that leonard is a go to guy

apalisoc_9
02-15-2016, 03:01 PM
10 per year and probably the third best defensive sg in the league and 7 of 10 mainstream dumbass fatsos still wants him traded.

Wing superstars need elite defensive wings on their side to offload some preessure on them on D. Kawhi is still going to be a beast on D just like MJ, but hes going to have nights where pop would focus on getting him going on O.

Not a single wing superstar have succedded in this league without a legit stopper on their side who can contribute to their O too.

The sheer stupidity of mainstream spurs fans amazes me all the time. These are the same guys who confuse simmons energy as great defensive player.

I wish the earth would get rid of all casual fans already. Kobe fans, mainstreams casual spurs fan etc.

BillMc
02-15-2016, 03:09 PM
While I agree with your point (that Green is very valuable) I'm not sure why you have this constant need to categorize people and fans (mainstream/non-mainstream, "vanilla" etc). I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you do this out of some sort of frustration, but it really seems like a device to negatively label all those who might not agree with your points.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-15-2016, 03:17 PM
And Parker to take pressure off him on O. As we saw last night, he is more of a utility guy and a heck of a transition force on offense rather than a true scorer in the halfcourt.

apalisoc_9
02-15-2016, 03:17 PM
And Parker to take pressure off him on O. As we saw last night, he is more of a utility guy and a heck of a transition force on offense rather than a true scorer in the halfcourt.

Dont ever post on my threads.

SupremeGuy
02-15-2016, 03:25 PM
And Parker to take pressure off him on O. As we saw last night, he is more of a utility guy and a heck of a transition force on offense rather than a true scorer in the halfcourt.http://www.badcontroller.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/joker_notsureifserious.jpg

SAGirl
02-15-2016, 03:35 PM
While I agree with your point (that Green is very valuable) I'm not sure why you have this constant need to categorize people and fans (mainstream/non-mainstream, "vanilla" etc). I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you do this out of some sort of frustration, but it really seems like a device to negatively label all those who might not agree with your points.
^^^^^
The same. Apa has some insight that is on point very often, is how he chooses to express it that generates hate threads. For example I agree Danby is more valuable than some give him credit for,but I would not categorize anyone who disagrees as stupid, etc.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
02-15-2016, 03:35 PM

Or could it be that Kawhi is just good at both now.

Chinook
02-15-2016, 03:43 PM
^^^^^
The same. Apa has some insight that is on point very often, is how he chooses to express it that generates hate threads. For example I agree Danby is more valuable than some give him credit for,but I would not categorize anyone who disagrees as stupid, etc.

Typing on your phone?

SAGirl
02-15-2016, 03:46 PM
Typing on your phone?
Yea, too much autocorrect....sorry.

Chinook
02-15-2016, 03:54 PM
Yea, too much autocorrect....sorry.

Nah, I've been there. My phone had this absurd habit of repeating a sentence every time I hit the delete key. Do you know how hard it is to to type when you have to start completely over if you make a mistake? Some typewritter stuff right there.

ILoveOranges
02-15-2016, 04:01 PM
"I'm quitting SpursTalk!" This was it, he was moving on from the forum that had given him so much validity over the years. He wrote up a big sob story about personal information and prepared himself to never post on this account again. Over 10,000 posts and multiple weekly threads repeating the same opinions, he knew his internet friends would miss him. No, his real friends. They loved him, and didn't talk badly about him behind his back. Their opinions mattered more, and they were correct. He would miss them too. All those days, all those nights spent crafting the perfect thread, "kawhi has barely been getting the ball in the last 5 games..", "kawhi will score 21+ points tomorrow," "look at our PG ignore A WIDE OPEN KAWHI...Real spursfan beware you will get mad". All those days, all those nights arguing with stupid mainstream fans on HIS internet forum. He would miss it.

He tried so hard not to log on to the internet forum and post threads, but others opinions irked him. He wanted people to listen to him. Pay attention. Indeed, he missed how his friends would chime in and defend him tooth and nail anytime someone disagreed with his opinions. He love how they validated him. "Oh apailosic_9! Your opinions are so good! You know what you're talking about! You're such a good poster on this internet forum, a status that everyone wants to achieve!" He hated those stupid casual fans. He had always known Kawhi would be the superduperest of superduperstars, and they needed to know he was right. He hated those non-Spurs fans, cheering on stupid-face Porker and dumb-butt Tim Duncan. They weren't even all that great as players. He was a real Spurs fan. He started following the Spurs during the time they needed the most help; roughly around 2009ish. Those idiots that followed the team through the hardships of the pre-Duncan era, the celebrations of 1999, 2003, 2005, those fans didn't matter. They were stupid casual fans. Only real Spurs fans would know that Kawhi was the real deal. "Oh my god!" he thought, as he watched Steph Curry shoot another 3, "Steph Curry is the best player in the world!" People needed to know this. He was a real Spurs fan, and only real Spurs fans would know this. He looked up YouTube clips of old players like the Bad Boys Detroit Pistons team. "These guys aren't good! This is garbage! Even the stupid Clippers and their terrible terrible team could beat them!" Only stupid, faggot :lmao mainstream fans thought dumb, old teams like the Stockton/Malone Jazz were good. Other people needed to know this. But how?

He struggled with not being able to post. He missed the validation. He didn't actually play basketball, nor did he really watch all that many Spurs games (I mean they show Westbrook, Curry, and Kawhi highlights on YouTube, that's pretty much like watching the game), but it felt good when people told him he knew what he was talking about. Those jerks at school never really did.

No. this was not okay. If anything, the forum needed HIM. He logs onto the internet form, as he has done so every day for years. "I dont think People realize how important Green is now that leonard is a go to guy," he posts. Once again, stupid mainstream fans would know what the correct opinion was.

look_at_g_shred
02-15-2016, 04:13 PM
How many times do we have to go through this? Some don't seem to get it. You give up green, and watch how bad our defense suffers. DG is an elite wing/perimeter defender. We are going to need DG to have any shot at beating the warriors.

spursfaninla
02-15-2016, 04:16 PM
"I'm quitting SpursTalk!" This was it, he was moving on from the forum that had given him so much validity over the years. He wrote up a big sob story about personal information and prepared himself to never post on this account again. Over 10,000 posts and multiple weekly threads repeating the same opinions, he knew his internet friends would miss him. No, his real friends. They loved him, and didn't talk badly about him behind his back. Their opinions mattered more, and they were correct. He would miss them too. All those days, all those nights spent crafting the perfect thread, "kawhi has barely been getting the ball in the last 5 games..", "kawhi will score 21+ points tomorrow," "look at our PG ignore A WIDE OPEN KAWHI...Real spursfan beware you will get mad". All those days, all those nights arguing with stupid mainstream fans on HIS internet forum. He would miss it.

He tried so hard not to log on to the internet forum and post threads, but others opinions irked him. He wanted people to listen to him. Pay attention. Indeed, he missed how his friends would chime in and defend him tooth and nail anytime someone disagreed with his opinions. He love how they validated him. "Oh apailosic_9! Your opinions are so good! You know what you're talking about! You're such a good poster on this internet forum, a status that everyone wants to achieve!" He hated those stupid casual fans. He had always known Kawhi would be the superduperest of superduperstars, and they needed to know he was right. He hated those non-Spurs fans, cheering on stupid-face Porker and dumb-butt Tim Duncan. They weren't even all that great as players. He was a real Spurs fan. He started following the Spurs during the time they needed the most help; roughly around 2009ish. Those idiots that followed the team through the hardships of the pre-Duncan era, the celebrations of 1999, 2003, 2005, those fans didn't matter. They were stupid casual fans. Only real Spurs fans would know that Kawhi was the real deal. "Oh my god!" he thought, as he watched Steph Curry shoot another 3, "Steph Curry is the best player in the world!" People needed to know this. He was a real Spurs fan, and only real Spurs fans would know this. He looked up YouTube clips of old players like the Bad Boys Detroit Pistons team. "These guys aren't good! This is garbage! Even the stupid Clippers and their terrible terrible team could beat them!" Only stupid, faggot :lmao mainstream fans thought dumb, old teams like the Stockton/Malone Jazz were good. Other people needed to know this. But how?

He struggled with not being able to post. He missed the validation. He didn't actually play basketball, nor did he really watch all that many Spurs games (I mean they show Westbrook, Curry, and Kawhi highlights on YouTube, that's pretty much like watching the game), but it felt good when people told him he knew what he was talking about. Those jerks at school never really did.

No. this was not okay. If anything, the forum needed HIM. He logs onto the internet form, as he has done so every day for years. "I dont think People realize how important Green is now that leonard is a go to guy," he posts. Once again, stupid mainstream fans would know what the correct opinion was.

Ouch. too real brah.

spursfaninla
02-15-2016, 04:25 PM
As Chinook has indicated previously, Danny has turned around his offense. The last 10 games, he is 27-59 from 3, which is scorching, and good enough for best 3pt % on the team.

We are 2nd in the league in 3pt %, just slightly behind GS, but we only shoot 18 per game, to GS's 30. With danny shooting better from 3, hopefully we shoot more 3s more often.

Now, Danny's D, as indicated by OP, is very good for a SG . In fact, Defensive plus minus puts him around top 4 in defense for SG (manu just ahead of him, btw!).

I must admit that I find alluring the idea of simmon's taking minutes at the 2 if danny is struggling, given that simmons (some say) plays good D, gets to the rim, and shoots 39% from 3. However, the defensive plus minus does not bear out simmon's defensive impact as being worthy of supplanting danny; thus, although simmons does bring similar 3pt shooting and MUCH better slashing ability, I think simmons is much more likely to get more minutes when manu finally retires; as backup to the 2-3.

Not sure that green being a defensive stopper is SO important relative to leonard, though. Yes, it is awesome to have another elite back court defender to pair with leonard. Green will help leonard save some for offense on nights where the other team has only 1 elite offensive player at the 1-3 positions.

Danny is WAY better than simmons today, overall contributions considered. Danny is easily the best fast break sg defender in the league, and could be the fast break wing defender as well.

But, if this thread is meant to be a refutation to the horford thread, I agree we should not think it is a no brainer to trade green for horford, but it is not a no-brainer to turn down the trade on talent, and on the team's needs next year. I get Horford does not fit this year as well with Duncan, assuming Duncan will be able to give us 20+ high level minutes a game, and that Horford may not have enough time this season to have a green-horford trade make sense.

THIS YEAR. This summer, if simmons improves substantially on D, and Kyle becomes a solid backup for the 3 spot, maybe against big 2s, manu and duncan retire?

I think Horford-green becomes hard to say no to.

BillMc
02-15-2016, 04:35 PM

SupremeGuy
02-15-2016, 04:42 PM

No. this was not okay. If anything, the forum needed HIM. He logs onto the internet form, as he has done so every day for years. "I dont think People realize how important Green is now that leonard is a go to guy," he posts. Once again, stupid mainstream fans would know what the correct opinion was.Did you have that prepared or did you just type that out?

spurraider21
02-15-2016, 04:42 PM
lol at people who wanted green gone during his cold shooting start to the season

SAGirl
02-15-2016, 04:47 PM
As Chinook has indicated previously, Danny has turned around his offense. The last 10 games, he is 27-59 from 3, which is scorching, and good enough for best 3pt % on the team.

We are 2nd in the league in 3pt %, just slightly behind GS, but we only shoot 18 per game, to GS's 30. With danny shooting better from 3, hopefully we shoot more 3s more often.

Now, Danny's D, as indicated by OP, is very good for a SG . In fact, Defensive plus minus puts him around top 4 in defense for SG (manu just ahead of him, btw!).

I must admit that I find alluring the idea of simmon's taking minutes at the 2 if danny is struggling, given that simmons can (some say) play good D, can get to the rim, and shoots 39% from 3. However, the defensive plus minus does not bear out simmon's defensive impact as being worthy of supplanting danny; thus, although simmons does bring similar 3pt shooting and MUCH better slashing ability, I think simmons is much more likely to get more minutes when manu finally retires; as backup to the 2-3.

Simms is not as disruptive as Danny is, who has good hands and gets a lot of deflections. Simms also fouls too much, and he's is not as smart on team defense either, being late to switch or not switching at all when he should. He also falls for fakes often and has been hit with backcuts. He doesn't negotiate screens well. I think individually he has good tools with his athleticism, but he's raw and needs further development. He's improved though, part if his bad statistics I think is Pop testing him against true SF, guys who he clearly has no business guarding other than on a switch. He's not that tall, nor does he have enough length to really bother those dudes, which puts him in a position to foul them, but Pop has to test him to see how well he manages those guys.

ILoveOranges
02-15-2016, 05:32 PM
Did you have that prepared or did you just type that out?

Took me like 5 minutes, and 20 seconds of checking out the threads posted page. When there's an interesting subject to write about, it doesn't take me much time at all. I look forward to the next time inspiration strikes me.

LongtimeSpursFan
02-15-2016, 06:01 PM

POST OF THE YEAR.

r0drig0lac
02-15-2016, 06:26 PM

damn applause

stepmonkey
02-15-2016, 06:49 PM

I'm generally smart enough not to click on an Apa thread. For some reason I clicked on this one. Thank you for making it worth it you stupid mainstream vanilla fan. :toast

dabom
02-15-2016, 07:17 PM
Laughing at people that want Green traded. :lol

In before spunkfaggot tries to say I did with no proof whatsoever. :lmao

Quote me faggot. And not just something that says he is playing like garbage. :lmao

spurraider21
02-15-2016, 07:22 PM

:worthy:

dabom
02-15-2016, 07:28 PM
Don't step up faggot. :lmao

spurraider21
02-15-2016, 07:31 PM
you never said he should be traded, nor did i claim you did

i was captain of the "i believe in green" bandwagon while he was struggling while you were complaining about how "Danny Green is a Scrub"

dabom
02-15-2016, 07:34 PM
No knowledgeable Spurs fan actually thought Green was going to continue to play bad. You don't need to captain shit for that take. :lmao

Silver&Black
02-15-2016, 07:37 PM
i was captain of the "i believe in green" bandwagon

http://24.media.tumblr.com/3cc2131e700cad5cc222e31b81626084/tumblr_n3ic9tfbF61rn6j0qo2_500.gif

spurraider21
02-15-2016, 07:45 PM
:tu

apalisoc_9
02-15-2016, 07:47 PM
Dabom still bullying niggas left abd right.

Ive filtered most casual fans and have them on ignore..no.point talking to someon with poor basketball knwoeldge but good to know...Dabom as always one of the best posters.in spurstalk.

dabom
02-15-2016, 07:52 PM
Dabom still bullying niggas left and right.

Ive filtered most casual fans and have them on ignore..no.point talking to someone with poor basketball knowledge but good to know...Dabom as always one of the best posters.in spurstalk.

Thanks man. Appreciate that. :toast

houston spurs fan
02-15-2016, 09:21 PM
Thanks man. Appreciate that. :toast
Dabom deepthroating pinoy cock as usual

KimmyGib
02-15-2016, 09:32 PM

It's funny; as a poster, OP is essentially his own Tony Parker caricature.

The Most Egocentric Spurstalk Poster Ever

http://www.blackbluedog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/tony-parker.jpg

"This Forum, Just Like Mom's Sister... Is Mine"

tmtcsc
02-16-2016, 12:47 AM
Simms is not as disruptive as Danny is, who has good hands and gets a lot of deflections. Simms also fouls too much, and he's is not as smart on team defense either, being late to switch or not switching at all when he should. He also falls for fakes often and has been hit with backcuts. He doesn't negotiate screens well. I think individually he has good tools with his athleticism, but he's raw and needs further development. He's improved though, part if his bad statistics I think is Pop testing him against true SF, guys who he clearly has no business guarding other than on a switch. He's not that tall, nor does he have enough length to really bother those dudes, which puts him in a position to foul them, but Pop has to test him to see how well he manages those guys.

I don't disagree with you about Simmons' shortcomings but the guy is a rookie. A rookie who is earning playing time on Popovich coached team. That says all I need to know about him. He's doing something right and its not by accident. The guy has a high ceiling.

tmtcsc
02-16-2016, 12:48 AM

Damn, that was excellent.

TrainOfThought5
02-16-2016, 02:36 AM
It's funny; as a poster, OP is essentially his own Tony Parker caricature.

The Most Egocentric Spurstalk Poster Ever

http://www.blackbluedog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/tony-parker.jpg

"This Forum, Just Like Mom's Sister... Is Mine"

OMFG.... this is so true.. Apa is the enrique of Posters

Down Under
02-16-2016, 04:58 AM
Wouldn't trade him for anyone

Fireball
02-16-2016, 05:47 AM
I love oranges too tbh

100%duncan
02-16-2016, 07:32 AM