PDA

View Full Version : Magic: Tobias Harris to the Pistons

djohn2oo8
02-16-2016, 02:33 PM
Marc J. Spears*

✔@SpearsNBAYahoo

Pistons finalizing deal to send Tobias Harris from Magic for Brandon Jennings & Ersan Ilyasova, source told Yahoo.*@MikeAScotto*reported 1st

Killakobe81
02-16-2016, 02:44 PM
Marc J. Spears*

✔@SpearsNBAYahoo

Pistons finalizing deal to send Tobias Harris from Magic for Brandon Jennings & Ersan Ilyasova, source told Yahoo.*@MikeAScotto*reported 1st

and so it begins ...
That is awesome. You just sign dude to a big extension and now you already flipped him. I get it. They didnt lose him for nothing and of course they will feature AGordon much heavier after his dunk exploits and improvement ....But sucks for Harris to leave a beautiful city to go to Detroit.:rollin Are those deals (Jennings/Ilyasova expiring?) If so, great deal by the Magic.

apalisoc_9
02-16-2016, 02:44 PM
Tobias is shit..

Chinook
02-16-2016, 02:48 PM
and so it begins ...
That is awesome. You just sign dude to a big extension and now you already flipped him. I get it. They didnt lose him for nothing and of course they will feature AGordon much heavier after his dunk exploits and improvement ....But sucks for Harris to leave a beautiful city to go to Detroit.:rollin Are those deals (Jennings/Ilyasova expiring?) If so, great deal by the Magic.

Jennings is, and Ilyasova is a dust chip, like Dampier was all those years ago. That would be more valuable to a contender like Cleveland (would in fact be a decent use of their Haywood TPE this summer), but it's never nothing.

02-16-2016, 02:51 PM
and so it begins ...

Jennings is on an expiring deal and Ilyasova is guaranteed only $400K for next season. (http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2016/02/pistons-to-acquire-tobias-harris.html)

Killakobe81
02-16-2016, 02:53 PM
Jennings is, and Ilyasova is a dust chip, like Dampier was all those years ago. That would be more valuable to a contender like Cleveland (would in fact be a decent use of their Haywood TPE this summer), but it's never nothing.

thanks for the quick explanation. Like I said great move by Magic. Should be featuring Super Mario, Gordon and Elfrid anyways. I also hear Oladipo is on the block?

O, get in here and explain the thought process ...

~O~
02-16-2016, 02:55 PM
Eh.

lefty
02-16-2016, 02:55 PM
What is a Tobias Harris ?

:lol Today's NBA, where scrubs make headlines

Killakobe81
02-16-2016, 02:58 PM
Eh.

Not saying you should be happy or sad with the import or the export of this trade ... but Gordon added a lot of buzz and you can see he is working to improve other parts of his game is this a move to free up PT for Gordon? And if that was the case Why re-sign Harris for a bag of peanuts and one dollar coupon to the Dollar store? I get getting rid of Tobias's contract but why re-sign him for big money extension in the first place if Gordon was the future?

Raven
02-16-2016, 03:05 PM
fucking cancer skyles..

~O~
02-16-2016, 03:16 PM
thanks for the quick explanation. Like I said great move by Magic. Should be featuring Super Mario, Gordon and Elfrid anyways. I also hear Oladipo is on the block?

O, get in here and explain the thought process ...

Its an excellent move by the Magic IF these guys aren't permanent pieces. As mentioned earlier, Jennings is expiring and Ilyasova is guaranteed a bit of money and can be bought out by the Magic. On the Magic forums, it was confirmed that the Magic would go from 28 million in cap space to 45 million in cap space if they bought out Ersan and had Jennings expire per the Magic forums. The Magic are possibly trying to sign competent two way players.

Tobias was getting progressively worse at shooting this season shooting under 27 percent from three in the last two months. Tobias was also conflicting the team with playing time. The Magic wanted Gordon to replace Tobias overall because his ceiling is at an extreme high from when he was drafted. Tobias was in his fifth year and had struggles that should be polished by now. Veteran player so he has no excuses. I've mentioned this before but Tobias doesn't get any type of respect from opposing small forwards. The opposing small forward, whoever it is, lights him up. I don't know what he said around the league but every small forward has no respect for him and you can see it in the opponents eyes. Wesley Johnson, Jae Crowder, James, Anthony, Middleton, Turner, etc all lit him to no end. He doesn't play a lick of respectful defense and his game is not elite in any aspect.

The Magic core for me has become Payton Hezonja Gordon Oladipo. Nicholson, Dedmon are being kept unless a deal arrives where their talent is replaceable.

Oladipo should be kept despite his struggles this season. He's done what he's suppose to. Elfrid has been up and down but is in his second year. Channing Frye who is Tobias' cousin is also going looking to be dealt. The Magic already have younger players who can do exactly what he can do and more. Aaron Gordon was going to be kept and people on these forums thought he was a bust not knowing at all what the Magic were doing with him. Its not that the Magic weren't doing anything with him. Its just that no one fucking talks about the Magic nor watches the Magic.

Trill Clinton
02-16-2016, 03:26 PM
good deal for detroit.

~O~
02-16-2016, 03:27 PM
Not saying you should be happy or sad with the import or the export of this trade ... but Gordon added a lot of buzz and you can see he is working to improve other parts of his game is this a move to free up PT for Gordon? And if that was the case Why re-sign Harris for a bag of peanuts and one dollar coupon to the Dollar store? I get getting rid of Tobias's contract but why re-sign him for big money extension in the first place if Gordon was the future?

That wasn't an eh to you. The "eh" was me being indifferent about the trade. Hennigan is a very under the radar elite General Manager but no one talks about the Magic so of course no one knows. Hennigan was going to draft Porzingas if the Knicks didn't and all this buzz about him wouldn't even be on the level that it is currently if he was on the Magic. New York is the largest media outlet in the world; Jeremy Lin.

The Magic resigned Harris for a bargain contract because the Cap going up would make it less of an impact. The Magic also resigned him because they were unable to sign millsap or patrick Patterson who were instant upgrades. When those options were eliminated, they ultimately signed Tobias Harris.

This IS a move to free up playing time for Gordon. Gordon is starting now halfway through the season as an adjustment and its helping greatly. Everyone saw what Gordon was able to do against Atlanta in which he shut down Millsap and Horford. He also picked on Tim Duncan the other week ago. Gordon played great defense against the Spurs that game in which he couldn't stop Kawhi Leonard.

WHat the ultimate goal for the Magic is for Gordon to add an elite scoring punch to his game. Aaron Gordon is only 20 years old. I've seen all the mixes and flashes but he needs to be able to score consistently. Hezonja is another ignored player in the league but has more confidence, grit, and toughness than most of our players despite being a rookie. Hezonja has played pro basketball since he was 17 with NBA caliber players in Euroleague with FC Barcelona. He was more than prepared to be in the NBA.

apalisoc_9
02-16-2016, 03:28 PM

Tobias Harris would be a superstar in the 90s

Chris
02-16-2016, 03:29 PM

:lol

~O~
02-16-2016, 03:31 PM

Tobias is a scrub.......going to Detroit under defensive mastermind Stan Van Gundy. I just wonder if Stan can do something with him.

JamStone
02-16-2016, 03:51 PM
Eh for Detroit too. Jennings wasn't coming back to Detroit next year. They had a team option on Ilyasova they would not have picked up if they could upgrade. Tobias is pretty much an average forward in the league so I can't say it's all that exciting. But at least he should be a little more of a consistent scorer than Ilyasova. Ilyasova would have a nice 15-20 point scoring game then the next three he'd put up 4-6 points in each. Very inconsistent. It does concern me that Tobias has regressed quite a bit with his outside shooting and that's precisely the thing the Pistons should be adding to their starting line-up.

I just can't be too excited about the deal. If it upgrades the team at all, it's ever so slightly. And it doesn't suddenly guarantee them anything in terms of wins and losses for this season or going forward. At least the Pistons didn't really give up anything to make the deal.

It's good for Orlando if for no other reason than to get more minutes and more touches for Hezonja. That guy looks like he's has a really good chance to be great.

SD126
02-16-2016, 03:56 PM
Its an excellent move by the Magic IF these guys aren't permanent pieces. As mentioned earlier, Jennings is expiring and Ilyasova is guaranteed a bit of money and can be bought out by the Magic. On the Magic forums, it was confirmed that the Magic would go from 28 million in cap space to 45 million in cap space if they bought out Ersan and had Jennings expire per the Magic forums. The Magic are possibly trying to sign competent two way players.

Tobias was getting progressively worse at shooting this season shooting under 27 percent from three in the last two months. Tobias was also conflicting the team with playing time. The Magic wanted Gordon to replace Tobias overall because his ceiling is at an extreme high from when he was drafted. Tobias was in his fifth year and had struggles that should be polished by now. Veteran player so he has no excuses. I've mentioned this before but Tobias doesn't get any type of respect from opposing small forwards. The opposing small forward, whoever it is, lights him up. I don't know what he said around the league but every small forward has no respect for him and you can see it in the opponents eyes. Wesley Johnson, Jae Crowder, James, Anthony, Middleton, Turner, etc all lit him to no end. He doesn't play a lick of respectful defense and his game is not elite in any aspect.

The Magic core for me has become Payton Hezonja Gordon Oladipo. Nicholson, Dedmon are being kept unless a deal arrives where their talent is replaceable.

Oladipo should be kept despite his struggles this season. He's done what he's suppose to. Elfrid has been up and down but is in his second year. Channing Frye who is Tobias' cousin is also going looking to be dealt. The Magic already have younger players who can do exactly what he can do and more. Aaron Gordon was going to be kept and people on these forums thought he was a bust not knowing at all what the Magic were doing with him. Its not that the Magic weren't doing anything with him. Its just that no one fucking talks about the Magic nor watches the Magic.

Any team would be intelligent not to keep either Jennings or Ilyasova on their team beyond a parital season rental.

02-16-2016, 04:10 PM
Eh for Detroit too. Jennings wasn't coming back to Detroit next year. They had a team option on Ilyasova they would not have picked up if they could upgrade. Tobias is pretty much an average forward in the league so I can't say it's all that exciting. But at least he should be a little more of a consistent scorer than Ilyasova. Ilyasova would have a nice 15-20 point scoring game then the next three he'd put up 4-6 points in each. Very inconsistent. It does concern me that Tobias has regressed quite a bit with his outside shooting and that's precisely the thing the Pistons should be adding to their starting line-up.

I just can't be too excited about the deal. If it upgrades the team at all, it's ever so slightly. And it doesn't suddenly guarantee them anything in terms of wins and losses for this season or going forward. At least the Pistons didn't really give up anything to make the deal.

It's good for Orlando if for no other reason than to get more minutes and more touches for Hezonja. That guy looks like he's has a really good chance to be great.
It's a shame Jennings tore his Achilles last season, I feel like he was a better fit than Jackson. He never really got it together so I can understand moving him for something.

Killakobe81
02-16-2016, 04:14 PM

I think Gordon and Hezonja have great upside and Payton defends so where does that leave Oladipo? I thought he showed some flashes of being good last year ... but I dont see the Magic a lot to O's point ... but I wish them well.

RsxPiimp
02-16-2016, 04:16 PM
tobias will just eat Stanley Johnson's minutes, don't understand this move for Detroit.

SpursforSix
02-16-2016, 04:17 PM

Who is John Galt?

baseline bum
02-16-2016, 04:29 PM
and so it begins ...

Pretty much the only time the Pistons have to set foot in Detroit is if they win a title for the parade, otherwise they're 30 miles away from that shithole.

Killakobe81
02-16-2016, 04:43 PM
Pretty much the only time the Pistons have to set foot in Detroit is if they win a title for the parade, otherwise they're 30 miles away from that shithole.

true Auburn hills is far away but sure they do community service events, go the zoo/museum shit like that from time to time. just saying would prefer to do those in a better city but I have never been to Detroit but I just have heard bad things tbh ...

On a related note I was in SA this weekend. first time in over 5 years. My old area has grown just N of stone oak. As for site seeing ...Charles wasnt wrong overall but I did see a few nice things at the Forum shops near Live Oak (IIRC). other than that the women were busted and downtown SA is crap once you leave the hotel area off Houston etc. I love the hotel Valencia that is my preferred spot when I business travel there.

Beaverfuzz
02-16-2016, 05:27 PM
Tobias is shit..

Jennings is also shit, so it's a good fit.

~O~
02-16-2016, 06:33 PM
Any team would be intelligent not to keep either Jennings or Ilyasova on their team beyond a parital season rental.

They aren't renting them. Its not there intention to win. I don't even think they'll win much with these two players on the Magic team.

Most of all, they're expiring. Expirings have value. It immediately opens cap space for better signings in the off season of players who are free agents. They'll be signed outright rather than forced here in a hostile trade agreement as a rental rather than a long term asset.

Tobias netted the Magic two players rather than one which surprised me.

02-16-2016, 09:05 PM
true Auburn hills is far away but sure they do community service events, go the zoo/museum shit like that from time to time. just saying would prefer to do those in a better city but I have never been to Detroit but I just have heard bad things tbh ...
It's not that bad :lol

02-16-2016, 09:06 PM
Sometimes the players go to Tigers games downtown :depressed