PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: Dwight tried to get Harden traded, vice versa LMAO

RsxPiimp
02-17-2016, 07:23 PM
The partnership of Dwight Howard and James Harden hasn't delivered the success expected by the Houston Rockets following Howard's arrival. According to NBA.com's Fran Blinebury, issues between the two extended beyond the court following a first-round playoff exit to the Portland Trail Blazers in 2013-14.

On Feb. 11, Blinebury reported Harden and Howard were angling to get the other player traded days after Damian Lillard sent the Blazers through to the second round. Blinebury went on to describe why the two have at times made for a poor match:

For three seasons with Harden and Howard, the Rockets have lacked leadership on the court and are not seen by opponents as a team that works hard. Both want the perks and trappings of being the big dog pulling the wagon, but neither will do the real work. Howard smiles and says everybody should keep positive thoughts. Harden shrugs his head and goes back to seeking his next 40-point game.

If there was any friction between Howard and Harden, it seemed to cease as the Rockets reached the Western Conference Finals last year. However, questions as to their relationship have come up again after Houston's 27-28 start. The Vertical's Adrian Wojnarowski also reported general manager Daryl Morey was looking to deal Howard ahead of Thursday's trade deadline.

On Dec. 15, Chris Sheridan of Sheridan Hoops reported, citing sources, that Howard was growing tired of "playing second fiddle to alpha dog James Harden." The eight-time All-Star denied he was looking to be traded and added that he was working to form a stronger rapport with his fellow All-Star, per USA Today Sports' Sam Amick.

"The thing we are trying to build on the most is chemistry between me and James," Howard said on Dec. 22, per Jenny Dial Creech of the Houston Chronicle. "We have played together for two years, but the best way to build chemistry is to have those individual workouts together."

Add those comments together with the trade rumors, and it would appear Morey and the Rockets front office have given up on trying to build the team around Howard and Harden.

The former Defensive Player of the Year can opt out of his current deal and enter free agency in the summer, and his departure might benefit all involved.

RsxPiimp
02-17-2016, 07:24 PM
:lmao

Chris
02-17-2016, 07:25 PM
"Rotten to the core" -Cul of Burn

AlexJones
02-17-2016, 07:28 PM
Howard traded to OKC per Anonymous.

Indazone
02-17-2016, 07:34 PM
Holy Geez! Well that pretty much says it all. Can't build a team around either of these mental midgets. I say blow the team up, start over and aim for a lottery pick.

djohn2oo8
02-17-2016, 07:48 PM

If you follow Houston sports at all you know Blinebury is a hack, and a weird dude. Btw, I like how OP edited the article to exclude a pretty big typo. They didnt play together in 2012-2013

djohn2oo8
02-17-2016, 07:53 PM
Howard and Harden have been an oil-and-water mix since they came together for the 2012-13 season. It was only days after*Damian Lillard's 3-point dagger eliminated them in the first round of their first playoff series together when both were sending out messages and maneuvering to get the other one traded.
Yeah. That 2012-2013 squad didn't include Howard. :lol

MultiTroll
02-17-2016, 07:54 PM

If you follow Houston sports at all you know Blinebury is a hack, and a weird dude. Btw, I like how OP edited the article to exclude a pretty big typo. They didnt play together in 2012-2013
There is zero evidence in the OP with Blineburys hacking that has either one of them saying so.

djohn2oo8
02-17-2016, 07:56 PM
There is zero evidence in the OP with Blineburys hacking that has either one of them saying so.

Yep. Harden called Blinebury a weirdo and guy has had an agenda since. :lol letting Harden call you a weirdo.

RsxPiimp
02-17-2016, 08:01 PM
rockets fans aren't even surprised by this, damn :lmao

djohn2oo8
02-17-2016, 08:03 PM
rockets fans aren't even surprised by this, damn :lmao
Surprised by what? He didnt even remember the year they first played together.

RsxPiimp
02-17-2016, 08:07 PM
Surprised by what? He didnt even remember the year they first played together.

hey bruh. its cool:lol dwight is a joke anyway, not surprised if this is true, tbh...rockets are better off trading him.

Thread
02-17-2016, 08:08 PM
hey bruh. its cool:lol dwight is a joke anyway, not surprised if this is true, tbh...rockets are better off trading him.

Harden is probably the most overbearing individual in the NBA. That grates on people.

~O~
02-17-2016, 08:09 PM
I hate Harden and Dwight so much. They are both players that are unbearable to watch and a disgrace to the league.

djohn2oo8
02-17-2016, 08:10 PM

It isnt true. Blinebury pulled this shit with the Astros too. On the subject of trading Dwight i dont know if anyone will pull the trigger.

RsxPiimp
02-17-2016, 08:11 PM
Harden is probably the most overbearing individual in the NBA. That grates on people.

cant argue with that...

Thread
02-17-2016, 08:15 PM
I hate Harden and Dwight so much. They are both players that are unbearable to watch and a disgrace to the league.

True, O, but, Harden knows better.

Howard? He's just terribly ignorant and running as fast as he can. That never ending promise that is now umpteen years in has not yet been exhausted. Tested, yes, failed, yes, but, still on the docket. If I were an NBA GM I can't even say with any amount of certainty that I'd turn my back this day. It's crazy.

Thread
02-17-2016, 08:17 PM
cant argue with that...

The old Pimp on a Wednesday evening.

StrengthAndHonor
02-17-2016, 09:06 PM
Wow! Never seen a franchise disintegrate this quick...

StrengthAndHonor
04-28-2016, 12:11 PM
So the rumor was true all along?