PDA

View Full Version : Zombie baby Jesus: case closed

RandomGuy
02-18-2016, 02:32 PM
News of the odd...

Ohio township to drop case against 'Zombie Nativity'

CINCINNATI (AP) — A suburban township in southwest Ohio is dropping its court case against a man charged with zoning violations for his holiday "Zombie Nativity" scene, an official said Tuesday.

Jasen Dixon's display had ghoulish figures in place of the baby Jesus and others who would be in traditional Christmas Nativities.

Sycamore Township officials said he violated rules about an improper "accessory use" structure housing the nativity scene in his front yard.

Dixon was facing thousands of dollars in fines, but his defense argued the township was trying to suppress his freedoms.

Township administrator Greg Bickford told The Cincinnati Enquirer ( http://cin.ci/1PP16pA ) that since the display has been taken down, there's no need to spend taxpayer dollars continuing the litigation.

A Hamilton County judge had planned to rule March 15 on a motion to dismiss the case. He heard arguments earlier this month as a handful of people dressed and made up as zombies demonstrated outside the courthouse.

Dixon's attorney, Rob Linneman, called the township's decision to drop the case a victory for freedom of expression and property rights.

"A lot of people have looked at this case as a humorous story, but there is a fundamental principle at stake," Linneman said. "The real importance of the First Amendment is that it protects unconventional and unpopular viewpoints from persecution."

Dixon has put the display up the last two holiday seasons, drawing widespread attention on social media and scattered criticism. Township officials have said they aren't anti-zombie, but were enforcing zoning laws.

There could also be a Zombie Nativity III sequel. Bickford wouldn't say whether the township would bring charges if it's back in December.

"We'll cross that bridge when we come to it — if we come to it," he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/ohio-township-drop-case-against-zombie-nativity-203032279.html

SpursforSix
02-18-2016, 02:33 PM
People are fucking crazy. Shit has stopped making sense.

Blake
02-18-2016, 02:50 PM
Sycamore Township officials said he violated rules about an improper "accessory use" structure housing the nativity scene in his front yard.

As long as all Jesus baby manger sets are enforced the same way

Blake
02-18-2016, 02:52 PM
People are fucking crazy. Shit has stopped making sense.

Who's crazier, the people that put out baby zombie Jesus on display or the ones whining about it

RandomGuy
02-18-2016, 02:52 PM
As long as all Jesus baby manger sets are enforced the same way

Doubt it.

I'm going for this at some point:

http://img13.deviantart.net/bbaa/i/2009/108/4/5/fsm_nativity_scene_by_phoenixphire24.jpg

SpursforSix
02-18-2016, 02:56 PM
Who's crazier, the people that put out baby zombie Jesus on display or the ones whining about it

I wasn't pointing to any one in particular. Just about all the crazy dumb shit that occupies time. I only skimmed through the article but I'd probably guess the people whining about it. But if they guy did it just to make people mad, then he's in the same boat as far as I'm concerned. People wasting time and giving a shit about what other people think or trying to push buttons. It's all ridiculous.

ChumpDumper
02-18-2016, 02:58 PM
Historically inaccurate. Jesus became a zombie like 30 years later.

Blake
02-18-2016, 03:03 PM
People wasting time and giving a shit about what other people think or trying to push buttons. It's all ridiculous.

It's been that way since bible times. Probably always will be. ...especially with message boards and other social media. ..

But I'm sure that all means nothing as you've probably got another Avante thread to start

Avante
02-18-2016, 03:05 PM
There was never a Jesus, that was simply Hebrew bullshit. Just like the Greeks , Romans and their myths.

Blake
02-18-2016, 03:07 PM
Ther was never a Jesus, that was simply Hebrew bullshit.

Christmas must be a real downer for atheists like you amirite

SpursforSix
02-18-2016, 03:10 PM
It's been that way since bible times. Probably always will be. ...especially with message boards and other social media. ..

Sure...but I suppose back then, you could pinpoint disagreements to something more understandable. Just the words, "Zombie Nativity". And that someone took time to build it. And that some other people spent time and energy getting mad about it.
It's only a convenient example but pales in comparison to probably 20 other stories a day.

Blake
02-18-2016, 03:12 PM
Sure...but I suppose back then, you could pinpoint disagreements to something more understandable. Just the words, "Zombie Nativity". And that someone took time to build it. And that some other people spent time and energy getting mad about it.
It's only a convenient example but pales in comparison to probably 20 other stories a day.

Meh, I'm too lazy to go that far to push buttons, but it's not far off from those neighbors that go full extreme during Halloween

Avante
02-18-2016, 03:12 PM
Christmas must be a real downer for atheists like you amirite

I'll go slow....

There is no doubt we had some MasterDesigner, that is obvious. And it's also obvious us humans are frail and weak, we need something to hang onto, enter....God. I get this and understand it. So when Christmas gets here it is a celebration of that MasterBlaster, the ONE..the Builder.

See how that works simpleton?

ChumpDumper
02-18-2016, 03:19 PM
lol Avante is so frail and weak, he needs a master designer to hold onto.

SpursforSix
02-18-2016, 03:21 PM
Meh, I'm too lazy to go that far to push buttons, but it's not far off from those neighbors that go full extreme during Halloween

Maybe. But is that the bar for normalcy?

Everything is a distraction now. I seriously sometimes wonder if any of this is even real. Is this really what people were meant to do? Spend all their waking hours on the computer or building a road so some guy can drive from home to make a $1 hamburger and put it in a box with a toy. That ends up in some box in a garage sale that never gets bought and ultimately ends up in a landfill.

SpursforSix
02-18-2016, 03:21 PM
I'll go slow....

There is no doubt we had some MasterDesigner, that is obvious. And it's also obvious us humans are frail and weak, we need something to hang onto, enter....God. I get this and understand it. So when Christmas gets here it is a celebration of that MasterBlaster, the ONE..the Builder.

Bend over, I'll show you a fucking MasterBlaster.

Blake
02-18-2016, 03:38 PM
I'll go slow....

Yeah, I see you taking Christ out of Christmas, pagan

Avante
02-18-2016, 03:46 PM
Yeah, I see you taking Christ out of Christmas, pagan

I'll go slower...

I don't try to push my beliefs on anyone else, if they need to play the Christ/Christmas thing, why would I care? Hell, I even get gifts. These people are pretty much doing what I am, we both know something is responsible for all this.

I know..ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMM~~~~~~

Blake
02-18-2016, 03:58 PM
Maybe. But is that the bar for normalcy?

Normalcy is subjective and a lame thing to strive for. Pursuit of happiness is much better, imo.

If dad and son spend quality time together building zombie Jesus set, that sounds good to me

Blake
02-18-2016, 04:00 PM
I'll go slower...

I don't try to push my beliefs on anyone else, if they need to play the Christ/Christmas thing, why would I care? Hell, I even get gifts. These people are pretty much doing what I am, we both know something is responsible for all this.

I know..ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMM~~~~~~

You're the one that wondered how atheists celebrate Christmas and you don't even attend Mass for Christ yourself.

You're such an idiot.

Avante
02-18-2016, 04:13 PM
You're the one that wondered how atheists celebrate Christmas and you don't even attend Mass for Christ yourself.

You're such an idiot.

An idiot is a guy who thinks all this just came about by chance. That is a total idiot.

It really doesn't matter how we go about it, that's not important, what is important is knowing SOMETHING/WHATEVER is responsible for all this.

Blake, you really needed that spelled out for ya, wow~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blake
02-18-2016, 04:33 PM
An idiot is a guy who thinks all this just came about by chance. That is a total idiot.

It really doesn't matter how we go about it, that's not important, what is important is knowing SOMETHING/WHATEVER is responsible for all this.

Blake, you really needed that spelled out for ya, wow~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So you made up your own reason to put up a Christmas tree.

Just go away

Avante
02-18-2016, 04:37 PM
So you made up your own reason to put up a Christmas tree.

Just go away

Stupid, I'm married to a Christian, ok? I have mentioned that a few times, ok?

Stupid, did you really think anyone would just.,...hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blake
02-18-2016, 04:42 PM
It's amazing how much trouble you have understanding how you contradict yourself.

Avante
02-18-2016, 04:48 PM
It's amazing how much trouble you have understanding how you contradict yourself.

No I don't and if ya had even half a brain you'd know that.

Stupid...Judy and I don't need approval on how to this,ok? She does it her way and I do it mine, got it? I look at Christmas the same way she does, a celebration of the creator.....ok?

Blake, if you are working at being stupid you will never be without a job, trust me.

SpursforSix
02-18-2016, 05:52 PM
Normalcy is subjective and a lame thing to strive for. Pursuit of happiness is much better, imo.

If dad and son spend quality time together building zombie Jesus set, that sounds good to me

I'm not using normal as an ideal. Just as a comparison to crazy.

Leetonidas
02-18-2016, 05:58 PM
I'll go slow....
that what you tell your 12 year old lovers in Vietnam you sick son of a bitch?

Avante
02-18-2016, 06:04 PM
that what you tell your 12 year old lovers in Vietnam you sick son of a bitch?

Dude, are you really this fucking ignorant?

Stupid, the navy didn't R&R in Viet Nam, ok dummy? Not if you were on a ship like I was, ok?

Now think ya dumb fuck, if the bars made their $$$$ peddling drinks how can they do that using kids to hustle those drinks with the drinking age at 18? And those girls also had to have a work permit, yep, 18,

What are you fucking retarded?

It's not....poor Anvante getting picked on....ok, it's..my God you people are stupid, ok? Do ya think at all? Any? Bars using little kids to peddle drinks, hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What, no schools over there....huh? No homework, well?

:rolleyes

Blake
02-18-2016, 06:25 PM
I'm not using normal as an ideal. Just as a comparison to crazy.

Crazy is subjective too. And you seemed to be longing for "normalcy"

SpursforSix
02-18-2016, 06:25 PM
Crazy is subjective too. And you seemed to be longing for "normalcy"

Not at all. Just not this ridiculous shit that we live in now.

DMC
02-19-2016, 12:23 AM
1st world problems.

RandomGuy
02-19-2016, 08:21 AM
Historically inaccurate. Jesus became a zombie like 30 years later.

How you been man, haven't seen you around much.

Leetonidas
02-19-2016, 01:46 PM
Dude, are you really this fucking ignorant?

Stupid, the navy didn't R&R in Viet Nam, ok dummy? Not if you were on a ship like I was, ok?

Now think ya dumb fuck, if the bars made their $$$$ peddling drinks how can they do that using kids to hustle those drinks with the drinking age at 18? And those girls also had to have a work permit, yep, 18,

What are you fucking retarded?

It's not....poor Anvante getting picked on....ok, it's..my God you people are stupid, ok? Do ya think at all? Any? Bars using little kids to peddle drinks, hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What, no schools over there....huh? No homework, well?

:rolleyes

tl;dr. rapist

Avante
02-19-2016, 04:13 PM
tl;dr. rapist

tl;dr