PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi Leonard Injury Thread

spursistan
02-18-2016, 10:08 PM
Out with with calf tightness :bang ..here comes the annual out +15 games with freak/mysterious injury :sleep..

Meanwhile the Dubs Top 3 players with one of luckiest health run ever the past two years ..:rolleyes..

DenialTwist
02-18-2016, 10:16 PM
To be fair, if a player's pinky hurts Pop will sit them out. He treats Kawhi like he is 38 years old. I expect Kawhi to be out tomorrow too.

Floyd Pacquiao
02-18-2016, 10:16 PM
No. Pop is just being a pussy per par

loveforthegame
02-18-2016, 10:21 PM
To be fair, if a player's pinky hurts Pop will sit them out. He treats Kawhi like he is 38 years old. I expect Kawhi to be out tomorrow too.

This. I wouldn't be surprised if he's out until the Kings game on Wednesday.

ElNono
02-18-2016, 10:25 PM
calf injuries are a bitch too... gws kawhi

rmt
02-18-2016, 10:27 PM
Better now than closer to the playoffs.

Hoops Czar
02-18-2016, 10:28 PM
He certainly didn't injure his calf muscles in the All-Star game. That's for damn sure.

spurs10
02-18-2016, 10:31 PM
Wow...that's a shame. You'd hope with that long break everyone except Manu and Matt would be good to go.

wildcardX
02-18-2016, 10:34 PM
Kawhi probably mostly feels fine to play but Pop sits him down to tell him that legendary tale of the Tiago calf injury that wouldn't heal. Probably had Bonner do the singing and dancing just to get the point across.

TheDoctor
02-18-2016, 10:43 PM
Kawhi probably mostly feels fine to play but Pop sits him down to tell him that legendary tale of the Tiago calf injury that wouldn't heal. Probably had Bonner do the singing and dancing just to get the point across.

LMAOOOOOO
Dying right now
:lmao

spurtech09
02-18-2016, 10:47 PM
You think he will play against the lakers?

loveforthegame
02-18-2016, 10:50 PM
You think he will play against the lakers?

I doubt it. Pop won't fool around. I can see him sitting against the Suns too. Maybe test it against the Kings Wednesday??

DAF86
02-18-2016, 10:50 PM
Glad he wasn't injured for the ASG. :rolleyes

spurtech09
02-18-2016, 10:52 PM
Injury bug hitting the spurs....

spurtech09
02-18-2016, 10:52 PM
Spurs are in need of another shooter...

SpurPadre
02-18-2016, 10:55 PM
He must have tweaked that calf while running away from that poster's daughter.

Silver&Black
02-18-2016, 10:57 PM
Get well soon Ma...I mean Kawhi.

midnightpulp
02-18-2016, 11:04 PM

No shit.

How the fuck do you get injured on a week long break?

SupremeGuy
02-18-2016, 11:09 PM
He must have tweaked that calf while running away from that poster's daughter.:lol

spursistan
02-18-2016, 11:10 PM
No shit.

Frustrating how he's so prone to these non-contact injuries..I wouldn't be surprised if this turn into a long layoff... It like clockwork for every one of his seasons....

UZER
02-18-2016, 11:12 PM
Pop limiting Kawhis minutes earlier in his career so he can play until he's 50.

SpurPadre
02-18-2016, 11:15 PM
:lol

He's gonna put a restraining order on her, tbh.

100%duncan
02-18-2016, 11:22 PM
Pop being a fucking pussy.

YGWHI
02-18-2016, 11:27 PM
I was watching some fans videos on twitter and insta of Kawhi shooting around at Staples, he looked good in his routine. Suddenly, he's injured now. :bang

GWS Kawhi...

SAGirl
02-18-2016, 11:38 PM
No shit.

Sorry I am late fir this, but I was wondering the same thing... bow did he get injured,while they were on a break.....
Get well soon Kawhi!

Floyd Pacquiao
02-18-2016, 11:40 PM
:lol people actually think Kawhi is injured? How long have y'all been spurs fans

DenialTwist
02-19-2016, 12:19 AM
NBA on TNT sideline reporter just said Kawhi may have injured his calf in the Miami game before the ASG. He had calf tightness then, and didn't tell anyone during the All star game. They said Kawhi is most likely not playing tomorrow against the Lakers.

loveforthegame
02-19-2016, 12:21 AM
According to the sideline reporter, Pop/team believes Leonard injured his calf in the Miami game. Never said anything about it. Felt off during all-star week and practice yesterday and never said anything either. They said he didn't look right during warm up and scratched him. Will likely miss tomorrow night too. Airing on the side of caution.

WTF?

Wu36
02-19-2016, 01:00 AM
Man after hearing Monte talk today he'd of played his wife. Kawhi must really be fucked up.

ElNono
02-19-2016, 01:11 AM
rooting for Kawhi, but this guy gets hurt every season... as long as he's ready to go for the playoffs, we'll be ok, I guess

bic50
02-19-2016, 01:15 AM
rooting for Kawhi, but this guy gets hurt every season... as long as he's ready to go for the playoffs, we'll be ok, I guess

Not just hurt. But weird "injuries" like the eye infection. Wasn't his hand injury last season career threatening? Stomach bug earlier this season and now a tight calf. It's weird but thankfully none were all that serious. He'll be back in a couple of games.

All Mighty Janitor
02-19-2016, 01:18 AM
I just hope it's not serious.

marinoman
02-19-2016, 01:27 AM
Bs injury, he will play tomorrow. Didn't anyone read the recent article on b2b games and how the spurs are way ahead of the curve?

spurtech09
02-19-2016, 01:29 AM
Bs injury, he will play tomorrow. Didn't anyone read the recent article on b2b games and how the spurs are way ahead of the curve?Are you sure......What if your wrong?

skulls138
02-19-2016, 01:32 AM
If this was Pops tinkering, I disagree and disagreed before the start of the game. I thought this was a good test for all hands on deck

marinoman
02-19-2016, 01:33 AM
Are you sure......What if your wrong?
Then I'll be like damn, til then

spursistan
02-19-2016, 02:31 AM

Hopefully that's end of it ..no point in playing him and the Lakers or even the Suns..

LongtimeSpursFan
02-19-2016, 02:34 AM
Kawhi is out with a muscle cramp yet LeBron can march on for three and a half quarters in the NBA finals. Can the spurs really afford to pin their title hopes on someone who can't play through like other superstars?

Hoops Czar
02-19-2016, 02:35 AM

Hopefully that's end of it ..no point in playing him and the Lakers or even the Suns..

So, in other words, he can play in the worthless all-star game but can't play in a regular game against the clippers. Yeah, I'd say Pop and Kawhi have their priorities straight.

HarlemHeat37
02-19-2016, 02:35 AM
Kawhi is out with a muscle cramp yet LeBron can march on for three and a half quarters in the NBA finals. Can the spurs really afford to pin their title hopes on someone who can't play through like other superstars?

Should have given Kyle that money instead of Kawhi, uh?:lol

dabom
02-19-2016, 02:38 AM

The last 6 minutes...

https://cbsboston.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/lebron-james5.jpg?w=640&h=360&crop=1

apalisoc_9
02-19-2016, 02:39 AM

If it was for kawhi, he probably would have played to tonight. Pop has been extra cautious since 2009 tbh. He used to actaully be less conservative with his players before.

Blame Manu. Manu is probably the guy that has changed pop as a coach. Hahaha..and really it was for the good.

Fireball
02-19-2016, 03:10 AM
at least he was an All-Star :rollin

Kawhitstorm
02-19-2016, 03:24 AM

Softridge's panties will get wet when he notices the upcoming PF matchups: Randle:wow & Teletobitch:wow

apalisoc_9
02-19-2016, 03:26 AM
Softridge's panties will get wet when he notices the upcoming PF matchups: Randle:wow & Teletobitch:wow

:lol

spursistan
02-19-2016, 03:30 AM
u giving up on him already vs the big boys? because i'm near there..Dude just doesn't have "it"..Watch him go back to putting up 23/10 vs the dregs of the league..fuckin' predictable..

Spurs 4 The Win
02-19-2016, 03:34 AM
u giving up on him already vs the big boys? because i'm near there..Dude just doesn't have "it"..Watch him go back to putting up 23/10 vs the dregs of the league..fuckin' predictable..

he played well in some games and not great in others, lets see how he performs against OKC and Golden State before we write him off, this was the first game after a week off

SAGirl
02-19-2016, 03:43 AM

I just remembered that last season, he injured his hand... played on the sore hand, and that was when the ligaments went kaput and he could not even move it, costing him more games out than he might have originally missed had he waited for the original injury to heal.

Considering that, painful as it may be, its just better to let him get 100% on the calf. Like someone else posted above, those things can get worse or get aggravated, or even reflect on him injuring something else.

Kawhitstorm
02-19-2016, 03:45 AM

I gave up on him after he bitched out against the Worriers. I'm team D-West & Boris 2.0, LMA is cut from the same stone as Porker & is bound to choke when push comes the shove.

Kawhitstorm
02-19-2016, 03:54 AM
Considering that, painful as it may be, its just better to let him get 100% on the calf. Like someone else posted above, those things can get worse or get aggravated, or even reflect on him injuring something else.

Calf muscles may have gradually tightened up over a period of months through not stretching enough before and after training. Tiny micro tears in the muscles cause them to go into spasm. When they are in spasm or contracted then blood cannot easily get into them. The muscles have squeezed the blood out like a sponge. If the muscles do not get enough blood then they will not get enough nutrients and so will tighten up to protect themselves and weaken and so on.

Spurs 4 The Win
02-19-2016, 04:25 AM
I gave up on him after he bitched out against the Worriers. I'm team D-West & Boris 2.0, LMA is cut from the same stone as Porker & is bound to choke when push comes the shove.

Parker has always been a very solid playoff performer. It is only really the last couple of years he has declined...

Sean Cagney
02-19-2016, 04:34 AM
Parker has always been a very solid playoff performer. It is only really the last couple of years he has declined...

Yes and no, Finals 2003 and 2005 he was dissapearing act and looked terrified out there, he got bailed out. I am not a Parker hater either btw...

DeRozan m8
02-19-2016, 05:54 AM

wtf are you talking about?
lebron got the cramp in the 4th and came off.

Do you know how cramp works?

Can guarantee you've never played sport

Spurs 4 The Win
02-19-2016, 06:36 AM
Yes and no, Finals 2003 and 2005 he was dissapearing act and looked terrified out there, he got bailed out. I am not a Parker hater either btw...
I wouldnt hold him to anything for 2003, he was not expected to be a superstar. Ill give you 2005 but he didnt really enter his prime until 2007-2008 briefly and then again in 2011-2014. During those years he was great for us in 07 and 08 playoffs, bad in 11, and great in 12, 13, and 14. He has never been a Manu or Duncan type playoff performer but to say he has been a choker or no show is just wrong.

Brazil
02-19-2016, 07:33 AM

:lol absolutely... we would have missed some nice dunks

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
02-19-2016, 08:17 AM
Guys, please. Kawhi IS NOT INJURED. This is Pop just throwing a game against a potential 1st round opponent. Spurs were sloppy and incoherent last night and Pop hardly got mad. Probably b/c of just attending Monty's wife funeral that very day.

Pop played a bunch of funky lineups last night. The best was with Boban, Spurs came storming back by 11 points once he entered the game. His size inside really gave the Clips fits.

But that is how Pop is. He was just giving everyone minutes and toying with matchups right now against a potential playoff opponent. If people don't remember, the game in SA, Pop just played 9 man rotation. Last night Pop played a 12 man rotation w/ a starter and 6th man not even playing. Shit he put Ray in when the Spurs were down 4 and in striking distance of winning. That told me that Pop probably didn't even want win last night's game.

loveforthegame
02-19-2016, 10:48 AM
I just remembered that last season, he injured his hand... played on the sore hand, and that was when the ligaments went kaput and he could not even move it, costing him more games out than he might have originally missed had he waited for the original injury to heal.

The difference is that the Spurs knew about the injury last year. They thought he could play through it which wasn't the case. The reporter last night said Kawhi never said anything about his calf. That's baffling to me as I have a hard time believing Kawhi would hide an injury/discomfort.

He didn't act like someone playing with discomfort in Orlando or the all-star game. Some guys can play through pain, of course, but it's hard not to be gimpy with a calf injury. He's ran around fine, jumped easily, etc...

You just never know with the Spurs. It could be something concerning or it's just Pop being his usual self giving a player some extra rest for the home stretch.

*eta*

Just went through Young's tweets last night. Said Kawhi was kicked in a previous game and has been feeling soreness since the Miami game. He's a game time decision tonight.

I'm sure he's out tonight since it's the Lakers. But it'll be interesting if he's back Sunday against the Suns or held out until Wednesday against the Kings.

Kawhitstorm
02-19-2016, 11:45 AM
Just went through Young's tweets last night. Said Kawhi was kicked in a previous game and has been feeling soreness since the Miami game. He's a game time decision tonight.

Curry was also got kicked on his calf & sat out a game then got kicked in the shin before he started wearing shine guards. Not a big deal.:sleep

Kawhitstorm
02-19-2016, 12:01 PM

2002: 4th quarter vs. Lakers: Porker unravels
2003 vs. Suns: Gets treated like a bitch by Marbury
2003 comeback vs. Mavs: Porker on the bench
2003 comeback vs. Nets: Porker on the bench
2004 series vs Lakers: Porker disappears when the Lakers become physical
2005 Finals: Gets treated like a bitch by Billups
2006 vs. Mavs: Can't outplay ROOKIE Devin Harris
2008 vs. Lakers: Can't dominate old ass Fisher
2010: Gets benched for George Hill
2011: Locked up by Baby Conley
2012: Gets shut down when Thabo switches onto him
2013: Gets outscored by Chalmers in Gm 6/7
2014 WCF: Gets showed up by CoJo & Reggie Miller states on national TV "The Spurs might win this game if Porker doesn't return"
2014 Finals: 1-11 in the first 3 quarters of the championship clincher & proceeds to pad his stats after the Heat have waived the white flag
2015: Worst series performance by a starting PG in the last 25 years while Choke-P3 is making clutch plays

MultiTroll
02-19-2016, 12:14 PM
Knew he was hurt, but didn't say anything so he could bask in the ASG lights?
This is so Anti Spur.

Been worried about his dome since witnessing his disgusting MeBall game vs the Lakers.

bklynspursfan
02-19-2016, 12:41 PM
2014 WCF: Gets showed up by CoJo & Reggie Miller states on national TV "The Spurs might win this game if Porker doesn't return"
2014 Finals: 1-11 in the first 3 quarters of the championship clincher & proceeds to pad his stats after the Heat have waived the white flag
2015: Worst series performance by a starting PG in the last 25 years while Choke-P3 is making clutch plays

My god you "player fans" are so ignorant.... Just support the team. If you just became a fan in the last 3-4 years, respect what happened before that.

BillMc
02-19-2016, 12:43 PM
This is so Anti Spur.

Been worried about his dome since witnessing his disgusting MeBall game vs the Lakers.

I think that's a bit harsh. He's a young guy who didn't want to miss his first all star game, so he brushed off a minor injury. Kawhi's human. It's not like he's been an all star a dozen times. It was an experience he coveted probably since childhood.

The problem with calf injuries though is what seems minor can worsen. Do I wish he'd reported it? Yeah. But I understand where he's coming from.

ceperez
02-19-2016, 12:50 PM
Pop played a bunch of funky lineups last night. The best was with Boban, Spurs came storming back by 11 points once he entered the game. His size inside really gave the Clips fits.

But that is how Pop is. He was just giving everyone minutes and toying with matchups right now against a potential playoff opponent. If people don't remember, the game in SA, Pop just played 9 man rotation. Last night Pop played a 12 man rotation w/ a starter and 6th man not even playing. Shit he put Ray in when the Spurs were down 4 and in striking distance of winning. That told me that Pop probably didn't even want win last night's game.

Yeah, Boban was surprisingly effective. He could lay off from Jordan on the perimeter and he played good help defense.

Pop didn't even bother to switch lineups when the Clippers kept exploiting Parker and Mills on defense. Pop even had a 3 guard lineups of Mills, Parker and McCallum. I have no idea how that lineup can be effective.

SAGirl
02-19-2016, 01:58 PM
Boban was effective for a short stretch but once D.Jordan got back in the game he was destroyed by PnR after PnR. Still that experience for him was valuable. If we are going to resign him and rely on him more in the future he needs experience and to learn from mistakes. He can't do that without getting tested against the best.

I don't believe any of these injuries are CIA Pop. Kawhi' s calf apparently was nothing initially, some discomfort he played through, but yesterday in practice he wasn't moving well. It tightened up. Like someone said above that stuff can get worse.

loveforthegame
02-19-2016, 02:28 PM
Leonard out again tonight. No surprise.

This is so Anti Spur.

I know right. He's completely anti-Spur. Credit the Spurs organization for keeping this under wraps for nearly 5 seasons. As fans, we can only hope the Spurs get him in check before he gets completely out of control.

UZER
02-19-2016, 02:34 PM
Pop has gone overboard with this stuff.

look_at_g_shred
02-19-2016, 02:35 PM
Maybe he is better now but Pop's like well you're going to sit the next two games as a lesson for not telling me you were hurt. Perhaps...

BillMc
02-19-2016, 02:38 PM
Rest him if he needs it. Remember Splitter's never ending calf problems last year? He was off, would come back for a few games then it would act up again. It lasted all season. If Kawhi's injury is real, let him heal up.

MultiTroll
02-19-2016, 02:57 PM
I think that's a bit harsh. He's a young guy who didn't want to miss his first all star game, so he brushed off a minor injury. Kawhi's human. It's not like he's been an all star a dozen times. It was an experience he coveted probably since childhood.

The problem with calf injuries though is what seems minor can worsen. Do I wish he'd reported it? Yeah. But I understand where he's coming from.
I agree BillMc, professional recognition, maybe a lot of friends college buddies etc going to be watching the game etc. Perhaps also he was thinking, like a lot of us were programmed to think in athletics, do the macho thing and shake it off it will get better without treatment. And often times it does. What I mean more, is I hope it's not the beginnings of some attitude. Some of us have noticed, lets just say more then one time down the floor and to the extent it's beginning to be a problem, is Kobme type trips down the floor. No need to force shot, plenty of time on the shot clock etc. He's launched into some dribble dribble double teamed fadeaway Kobme crap. I'm just saying nip this in the bud. Right now, easily curable beginning stages of disease. Left to grow, we've got Kobme Lite on our hands. I would look for Duncan, not Pop to be the #1 good influence should an Intervention be needed.
OTOH Duncan seems to often do nothing ie Parkers overuse last year and Manus Alzheimer's in the Game 6 giveaway. After his 4th turnover even a casual fan watching the game at our house was like "Get him out of there, he is ruining the Spurs chances".

Again, just wanting to see any displays by Kwa of Kobmeitus vaccinated ASAP.

Sean Cagney
02-19-2016, 03:00 PM
I wouldnt hold him to anything for 2003, he was not expected to be a superstar. Ill give you 2005 but he didnt really enter his prime until 2007-2008 briefly and then again in 2011-2014. During those years he was great for us in 07 and 08 playoffs, bad in 11, and great in 12, 13, and 14. He has never been a Manu or Duncan type playoff performer but to say he has been a choker or no show is just wrong.
True. He showed up huge in game 7 too against Dallas, set the tone early in 2014.

Budkin
02-19-2016, 03:04 PM
Incoming worse loss of the season tonight.

BillMc
02-19-2016, 03:08 PM
I agree BillMc, professional recognition, maybe a lot of friends college buddies etc going to be watching the game etc. Perhaps also he was thinking, like a lot of us were programmed to think in athletics, do the macho thing and shake it off it will get better without treatment. And often times it does. What I mean more, is I hope it's not the beginnings of some attitude. Some of us have noticed, lets just say more then one time down the floor and to the extent it's beginning to be a problem, is Kobme type trips down the floor. No need to force shot, plenty of time on the shot clock etc. He's launched into some dribble dribble double teamed fadeaway Kobme crap. I'm just saying nip this in the bud. Right now, easily curable beginning stages of disease. Left to grow, we've got Kobme Lite on our hands. I would look for Duncan, not Pop to be the #1 good influence should an Intervention be needed.
OTOH Duncan seems to often do nothing ie Parkers overuse last year and Manus Alzheimer's in the Game 6 giveaway. After his 4th turnover even a casual fan watching the game at our house was like "Get him out of there, he is ruining the Spurs chances".

Again, just wanting to see any displays by Kwa of Kobmeitus vaccinated ASAP.

I know what you mean about the disease of Kobme being an opposite to Spurs philosophy. I agree. That said, Pop has since early 2013 at least been pushing for Kawhi to be more aggressive and defer less. I think we're seeing him do that as his skills improve. He certainly has been impressive, and Pop, for example, specifically called an isolation for Kawhi to win the Orlando game. This isn't a Kobe ignoring the coach and freelancing. This is what his coach wants.

I guess we have to trust in Pop to pull it back if it goes too far. I doubt TD will say anything if it were.

EVAY
02-19-2016, 03:10 PM
Rest him if he needs it. Remember Splitter's never ending calf problems last year? He was off, would come back for a few games then it would act up again. It lasted all season. If Kawhi's injury is real, let him heal up.

Unfortunately, this is what worries me. Calf injuries to anyone are notorious for lingering, and I do wish that Kawhi had not played in the AS game. However, every single player always wants to play in every single game. That is why Parker kept coming back when he should have (and wasn't helpful) in years past, it is why Manu was trying to play on a broken leg after our championship year, and why Brent Barry (and later Tiago) were less than helpful when they came back from calf injuries.

I think they just HAVE to make him stay out. But we cannot expect to win many games if he is still out and LaMarcus doesn't show.

Right now we are without Manu's playmaking in the second squad and without Kawhi's defense and offense in the first squad. We won't last too long without one or the other of them coming back full ability. Folks getting ticked off at people they have been calling 'scrubs' or 'mere role players' for the last several seasons is unhelpful, silly and reflective of a lack of understanding of the relative contributions from the team's members. We cannot win against the best teams without Kawhi and Manu in a 7 game series.

All Mighty Janitor
02-19-2016, 04:04 PM
Leonard out again tonight. No surprise.

I know right. He's completely anti-Spur. Credit the Spurs organization for keeping this under wraps for nearly 5 seasons. As fans, we can only hope the Spurs get him in check before he gets completely out of control.
:lol good shit

BillMc
02-19-2016, 04:07 PM
Unfortunately, this is what worries me. Calf injuries to anyone are notorious for lingering, and I do wish that Kawhi had not played in the AS game. However, every single player always wants to play in every single game. That is why Parker kept coming back when he should have (and wasn't helpful) in years past, it is why Manu was trying to play on a broken leg after our championship year, and why Brent Barry (and later Tiago) were less than helpful when they came back from calf injuries.

I think they just HAVE to make him stay out. But we cannot expect to win many games if he is still out and LaMarcus doesn't show.

Right now we are without Manu's playmaking in the second squad and without Kawhi's defense and offense in the first squad. We won't last too long without one or the other of them coming back full ability. Folks getting ticked off at people they have been calling 'scrubs' or 'mere role players' for the last several seasons is unhelpful, silly and reflective of a lack of understanding of the relative contributions from the team's members. We cannot win against the best teams without Kawhi and Manu in a 7 game series.

Agreed.

All Mighty Janitor
02-19-2016, 04:08 PM
I know what you mean about the disease of Kobme being an opposite to Spurs philosophy. I agree. That said, Pop has since early 2013 at least been pushing for Kawhi to be more aggressive and defer less. I think we're seeing him do that as his skills improve. He certainly has been impressive, and Pop, for example, specifically called an isolation for Kawhi to win the Orlando game. This isn't a Kobe ignoring the coach and freelancing. This is what his coach wants.

I guess we have to trust in Pop to pull it back if it goes too far. I doubt TD will say anything if it were.
I'm with you on this one. I haven't seen one thing that makes me think Kawhi is goin rogue. He follows the game plan to the letter. He only seems to get aggressive coming out of time-outs. If anything, Pop wants him to freelance more.

Kawhitstorm
02-19-2016, 04:11 PM
My god you "player fans" are so ignorant.... Just support the team. If you just became a fan in the last 3-4 years, respect what happened before that.

I've been a Spurs fan BEFORE Porker got drafted (I'm actually a Team Duncan fan, couldn't care less about Karl Malone's bitch Admiral)......I'm paying respect to his 2003/2005 Finals performance which DIDN'T happen in the last 3-4 years maybe you are the newbie who started following the team in 2012 & thought Porker was always as good as 2012-13.:rolleyes

Spurs have won ZERO titles when Porker has been the best player on the team as indicated by win-shares. #facts:wakeup

loveforthegame
02-19-2016, 04:23 PM
If Leonard isn't back by Wednesday then I'll start to worry.

About a month back JVG who was calling the game talked a bit about this. He said Leonard was concerned he was shooting too much and Pop told him that he'd let him know when he was shooting too much. They want him to be more aggressive. Chris Webber talked about it too recently. That when Pop calls his number it's not always about scoring but creating an opportunity for the team.

Pop will shut down any me ball. No worries there.

timtonymanu
02-19-2016, 04:25 PM
Hopefully it's nothing serious. But it wouldn't be a Spurs season without some Kawhi freak injury.

TD 21
02-19-2016, 05:44 PM
I predicated this exact scenario in the summer, so suffice it to say, I'm not surprised that Ginobili and Leonard are injured at the same time.

I know they had limited resources after signing Aldridge, but this league is all about wing depth now. Leonard and Ginobili are injury prone and Ginobili is only good for about 20 mpg. Having a fourth, that's capable of being a third in this inevitable scenario, was/is essential. Instead, they've handcuffed themselves, with three players that are either not ready, not good enough, or not a good fit.

Leonard might be back by the Suns game, but without Ginobili for a while and a bench light on perimeter talent, get ready for the inevitable slide, which leads to them having to holding off the Thunder for the 2 seed until the end or at least close to it.

AztecSpur
02-19-2016, 05:44 PM
Probably tweaked it on that monster dunk in ASG.

DenialTwist
02-19-2016, 05:59 PM
Bill Land thinks Kawhi will be out another two more games.

http://ticket760.iheart.com/onair/the-show-w-geoff-sheen-50154/i-saw-spurs-vs-clippers-what-14401849/

Kawhitstorm
02-19-2016, 06:17 PM
Bill Land thinks Kawhi will be out another two more games.

http://ticket760.iheart.com/onair/the-show-w-geoff-sheen-50154/i-saw-spurs-vs-clippers-what-14401849/

It shouldn't matter: Lackers/Sons:wakeup

SAGirl
02-19-2016, 06:18 PM

Very good points overall. It will require a team effort and there will be losses among the way bc we have two guys who are injured that do a lot for the team and Kawhi is a genuine MVP candidate... not going to get it over Curry, but he's had an MVP caliber season.

YGWHI
02-19-2016, 06:24 PM
Leonard might be back by the Suns game, but without Ginobili for a while and a bench light on perimeter talent, get ready for the inevitable slide, which leads to them having to holding off the Thunder for the 2 seed until the end or at least close to it.

Not sure. I love and miss Manu but the Spurs have won 4 consecutive games without him and we should be fine w/o him in regular season. Statistically, Kawhi's the most impacful player and maybe the only one the Spurs can't afford to miss...

SAGirl
02-19-2016, 06:25 PM
Not sure. I love and miss Manu but the Spurs have won 4 consecutive games without him and we should be fine w/o him in regular season. Statistically, Kawhi's the most impacful player and maybe the only one the Spurs can't afford to miss...
Manu is important for the bench. Kawhi covered up a lot, but have you not seen the terrible games Simmons has been having?

YGWHI
02-19-2016, 06:37 PM
Manu is important for the bench. Kawhi covered up a lot, but have you not seen the terrible games Simmons has been having?

Obviously Manu's important. A lot. But the Spurs still won those games without him and Simms playing bad.

But they can't win if Kawhi's out, and LMA/Parker/Diaw/Simms don't elevate their games. Against the Clips they missed Kawhi but also other two starters and two bench guys.

rasuo214
02-19-2016, 06:50 PM
Pop is babying Kawhi. If this was the playoffs or if Kawhi was on another team/different coach he'd be playing. If Pop had Steph he would have sat him out until his shin was 100%.

YGWHI
02-19-2016, 07:26 PM
They want him to be more aggressive.

In fact, the Spurs need him to be more aggressive.

Kawhi draws defensive attention and that makes his teammates lives easier this season. But he won't command much attention if he's not aggressive and stays glued to the corner most of game.

Anyway, it's funny how people here underestimate Kawhi's offense and his impact on the game.

So many "He should trot to the corner and wait" fans on ST...like if the Spurs could win a lot of games with him parking there.

dabom
02-19-2016, 07:30 PM

I think he was 0-15 tbh...

dabom
02-19-2016, 07:31 PM

This is the right decision. Let his body rest too.

BillMc
02-19-2016, 07:41 PM
This is the right decision. Let his body rest too.

Exactly. We're not winning anything without a healthy Kawhi. It's more important than seeding, tbh.

Kawhitstorm
02-19-2016, 08:03 PM
For those comparing Shitter's calf injury to Kawhi's::lol Tiago had a sciatic nerve issue meanwhile Kawhi just has a tear in his calf muscle.:wakeup

SupremeGuy
02-19-2016, 08:37 PM
2015: Worst series performance by a starting PG in the last 25 years while Choke-P3 is making clutch playsIt's raining truth bombs! Holy shit. :lol

ace3g
02-19-2016, 09:15 PM
Jabari Young @JabariJYoung
(https://twitter.com/JabariJYoung)On Kawhi: Pop said he had an MRI on that calf. Nothing torn, but holding him out just to be safe #Spurs (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Spurs)

spursistan
02-19-2016, 09:18 PM
(https://twitter.com/JabariJYoung)On Kawhi: Pop said he had an MRI on that calf. Nothing torn, but holding him out just to be safe #Spurs (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Spurs)

good to hear..no need to rush your best player :tu

apalisoc_9
02-19-2016, 09:18 PM

That doesnt even make sense though. Lol

spursistan
02-19-2016, 09:21 PM
That doesnt even make sense though. Lol

one of the few times i agree with Pop over-cautiousness..we have a couple of what should be gimme games coming and we are locked into that 2nd seed..no need to take chances..This team is fucked without 100% Kawhi as you just saw..

SAGirl
02-19-2016, 09:24 PM
Good news that its nothing torn... hopefully its a mild issue and he's been held out to prevent recurrence, cramps, or for it to become chronic. Better to be safe than sorry.

MultiTroll
02-19-2016, 09:25 PM

:clap

apalisoc_9
02-19-2016, 09:26 PM
one of the few times i agree with Pop over-cautiousness..we have a couple of what should be gimme games coming and we are locked into that 2nd seed..no need to take chances..This team is fucked without 100% Kawhi as you just saw..

There is nothing to be cautious about. Hes not injured or feeling pain. Kawhi said so himself. Old man is just freaking out.

Wouldnt surprise me too see him throw away games to prove a point though. I felt like Pop intentionally put the team in the shit last year to allow Leonard be the go to guy...

SAGirl
02-19-2016, 09:27 PM
There is nothing to be cautious about. Hes not injured or feeling pain. Kawhi said so himself. Old man is just freaking out.

Wouldnt surprise me too see him throw away games to prove a point though. I felt like Pop intentionally put the team in the shit last year to allow Leonard be the go to guy...
What?

apalisoc_9
02-19-2016, 09:29 PM
What?

Pop had one of the worst if not the worst coaching stretch of his career when Leonard was injured last year for 15 games. It felt like it was on purpose sometimes.

SAGirl
02-19-2016, 09:33 PM
Pop had one of the worst if not the worst coaching stretch of his career when Leonard was injured last year for 15 games. It felt like it was on purpose sometimes.
Nah.. what do you expect... Tony was out in that stretch as well.. Patty was out, and when he came back he was terrible since if he's not shooting well he doesn't help much. Manu got burned out... Tiago was out. It wasn't just Kawhi... When you have to give up 30 minutes a game to Marco Belinelli what do you expect. During that stretch there were some games where Cojo was your best player. he played a lot of Daye/Ayers bc he had to... Baynes starting. Rookie Anderson... actually I would much have rather had more rookie Anderson and less Daye/Ayers, but he was a rook and didn't look like he does this year.. it was a wholewide disaster. During that stretch Manu burned out on us. There was nothing much he could do.

loveforthegame
02-19-2016, 09:46 PM
Good news. Pop just being Pop and resting Leonard like a 38 year old. He'll have over a week rest when he returns Wednesday.

Kawhitstorm
02-19-2016, 09:46 PM

Probably just a micro tear

ace3g
02-20-2016, 05:29 PM
San Antonio Spurs @spurs
(https://twitter.com/spurs)INJURY REPORT: Kawhi (tightness, left calf) is questionable for Spurs-Suns. Matt (left calf strain) & Manu (surgical recovery) remain out.

apalisoc_9
02-20-2016, 05:30 PM
San Antonio Spurs @spurs
(https://twitter.com/spurs)INJURY REPORT: Kawhi (tightness, left calf) is questionable for Spurs-Suns. Matt (left calf strain) & Manu (surgical recovery) remain out.

Questionable? Against the shitty suns, that probably means hes not playing.

spursistan
02-20-2016, 05:30 PM
San Antonio Spurs @spurs

Kawhi ready to go..probably need TO badger Pop into playing like Manu/TD..

Spurtacular
02-20-2016, 05:35 PM
Planned rest. Nothing to see here.

Kawhitstorm
02-20-2016, 05:45 PM
San Antonio Spurs @spurs

No need, it's the Son. Simmons/Kyle should have a field day like the SL.

loveforthegame
02-20-2016, 05:48 PM
He's ready but will sit because it's the Suns.

If he returns Wednesday then he'll basically have had 2 weeks off. Having only played against Orlando on 10th and all-star game on the 14th.

100%duncan
02-20-2016, 05:52 PM
Planned rest. Nothing to see here.

apalisoc_9
02-21-2016, 12:19 PM
Any updates today? If hes not playing, Im thinking of getting a haircut and just watching the replay later

Benoit
02-21-2016, 12:40 PM
This guy is a great player, but he reminds me of Bogut with the way hes always hurt

I have him as a top 5 player in the NBA but hes so fragile, its hard to trust him

Joseph Kony
02-21-2016, 12:51 PM
This guy is a great player, but he reminds me of Bogut with the way hes always hurt

I have him as a top 5 player in the NBA but hes so fragile, its hard to trust him

you should be more trusting, everyone called Curry glass ankles before last season and now look at them, on a historic run with barely any injuries to anyone but bench scrubs

All Mighty Janitor
02-21-2016, 12:56 PM

How is trolling like this fun? I'd be one thing if you were subtle so people weren't sure if you were serious, but when it so obvious you're not pushing buttons; you are just annoying. I can't see how that's fun.

DontStopBelieving
02-21-2016, 01:09 PM
How is trolling like this fun? I'd be one thing if you were subtle so people weren't sure if you were serious, but when it so obvious you're not pushing buttons; you are just annoying. I can't see how that's fun.

Das Texan
02-21-2016, 01:24 PM
Popovich being Popovich.

spurs10
02-21-2016, 02:17 PM

I have him as a top 5 player in the NBA but hes so fragile, its hard to trust him :troll I guess your usual hangouts are closed on Sunday morning and here you are in Spurs Land. Does GSW have a website after winning one after all those decades?

daslicer
02-21-2016, 02:27 PM
:troll I guess your usual hangouts are closed on Sunday morning and here you are in Spurs Land. Does GSW have a website after winning one after all those decades?

He's not even a GS fan. He's a Lakers fan and has even admitted it a bunch of times in other threads. He's claiming GS as his other team now that the Lakers are crap.

spursistan
02-21-2016, 09:20 PM

spursistan
02-21-2016, 09:24 PM
Wasn't worth it with two days of rest and against Suns..it if he doesn't feel ready on Wed, then just shut him down for the rest of the trip..A whopping 7 games ahead of OKC gives us the luxury to take it easy on our key players...

apalisoc_9
02-21-2016, 09:25 PM
Wasn't worth it with two days of rest and against Suns..it if he doesn't feel ready on Wed, then just shut him down for the rest of the trip..A whopping 7 games ahead of OKC gives us the luxury to take it easy on our key players...

Thats too long. Rythem is just as important. Rest is almost stupid for a 24 year old. Hes going to play next game. If he fought for it, he would have played against the suns too.

Kawhitstorm
02-21-2016, 10:09 PM

Based on his recent history, Kawhi has no interest in playing against scrubs.:lol

Sean Cagney
02-22-2016, 03:18 AM
He's not even a GS fan. He's a Lakers fan and has even admitted it a bunch of times in other threads. He's claiming GS as his other team now that the Lakers are crap.

Lakers fans in here hiding behind other teams names now because they are ashamed of their team:rollin

loveforthegame
02-23-2016, 04:00 PM

Anderson vs Gay is going to be fun. :tu

look_at_g_shred
02-23-2016, 04:01 PM
Based on his recent history, Kawhi has no interest in playing against scrubs.:lol
well he did recently play against "team east"

SAGirl
02-23-2016, 05:59 PM

Anderson vs Gay is going to be fun. :tu
We will probably see Rasual too. He has been playing really well. No one can replace Kawhi though. I hope he plays. The news were that the MRI didn't show anything. I guess game time decision.

spurs10
02-23-2016, 06:30 PM
:lol Yeah it's hard time to be a Lakers fan. Again, makes me thank my lucky stars for the obvious! It is unreal what the Spurs have done for so long. The fact that we are in the running once more is hard to believe.
:flag:

EVAY
02-23-2016, 06:54 PM
Calf tightness was what bugged Tiago so often and for so long. Hope Kawhi doesn't have that lingering issue.

daslicer
02-23-2016, 07:57 PM
:lol Yeah it's hard time to be a Lakers fan. Again, makes me thank my lucky stars for the obvious! It is unreal what the Spurs have done for so long. The fact that we are in the running once more is hard to believe.
:flag:

I have always enjoyed during the Duncan era that even during the down times the spurs still won 50 games. Even though the spurs can't win it every year I still enjoy the winning seasons versus competing for a lottery pick which is boring. No one can get exciting about a 20 win season.

spurs10
02-23-2016, 08:27 PM
I have always enjoyed during the Duncan era that even during the down times the spurs still won 50 games. Even though the spurs can't win it every year I still enjoy the winning seasons versus competing for a lottery pick which is boring. No one can get exciting about a 20 win season. No kidding and I readily admit I'm spoiled. Especially with tickets being so expensive. It's not fun paying $100 a game to see your team get beat!