PDA

View Full Version : Monty Williams

AFMadison
02-18-2016, 11:47 PM
Man what a speech. Dude has his mind in the right place. I thought Ernie was about to lose it for a minute. Maybe not thread worthy but didn't know where to post it

SupremeGuy
02-18-2016, 11:56 PM
That was a great speech. Stoic as fuck.

HarlemHeat37
02-18-2016, 11:56 PM
Is there a link?

I leave the room when TNT goes to the studio, too painful to endure:lol..

hater
02-18-2016, 11:57 PM
He sounds like he didn't care about his wife. Whatever

IMO Joe Biden had it worse. I think he lost his wife and his kid. Then he also lost another son.

Goddam

Wish Biden had run for president this time. He'd have easily won

AFMadison
02-18-2016, 11:59 PM
http://youtu.be/9YDxRKwliCU

AFMadison
02-19-2016, 12:00 AM

IMO Joe Biden had it worse. I think he lost his wife and his kid. Then he also lost another son.

Goddam

People express emotions in different ways. He used his time to help others (his kids) stay strong.

Silver&Black
02-19-2016, 12:00 AM
Monty is Spurs family......

I hope I'm (or any of you guys/gals) never in his position, but if I am......I hope I can handle it with 1% of the class he did.

SpursFan86
02-19-2016, 12:01 AM
Pretty incredible. Not a religious person but damn was that a powerful speech. Takes a lot of strength to give a speech like that after you just lost the mother of your children.

loveforthegame
02-19-2016, 12:12 AM
Incredibly powerful speech.

DMC
02-19-2016, 01:06 AM

Goddam

lol you're a tool probably IRL as well

SAGirl
02-19-2016, 01:18 AM
I am surprised at his composure. Obviously privately its a different matter, but it was amazing for him to concern himself with others in a situation like this, and very uplifting message considering circumstances. God bless them.

thanks for sharing AFMadison!

Chinook
02-19-2016, 01:21 AM
8/10. He made some technical errors and repeated himself too much, and his hand gestures were weak. Still, it was a pretty nice speech given the circumstances. Don't agree with it being on television, though. How many of us really gave a shit about Williams' wife? I totally understand why a lot of people who knew her did, but I couldn't have even told you he was married before he was widowed.

spurtech09
02-19-2016, 01:23 AM
Jesus Christ ...King of Kings....Lords of Lords.....

TheDoctor
02-19-2016, 01:26 AM

Goddam

He looks like he was talking in code, like he was saying to his longtime (outside of marriage) lover "Baby, we are good to go. We legit now".

J_Paco
02-19-2016, 01:29 AM
Too many stupid posts (specifically hater, Chinook and the post above mine) to comment on but props to Monty for being strong in a very, very difficult situation. Always liked him as a player and rooted for him (except against S.A.) as coach.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-19-2016, 01:31 AM

Goddam

Yep. Biden >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Honest Communist Sanders >>>>> Lying Cheating Hillary Shitton

TheDoctor
02-19-2016, 01:34 AM
^Reddit user confirmed.

J_Paco
02-19-2016, 01:42 AM
^Reddit user confirmed.

Nah, tool bag not a Reddit user. I just think it would be of better taste to say nothing or send your condolences to a man that just lost his wife and mother of his children. Class or respect is usually in short supply around here (and the NBA forums), but death and the loss of loved one's isn't something to make light of.

Chinook
02-19-2016, 01:47 AM
Nah, tool bag not a Reddit user. I just think it would be of better taste to say nothing or send your condolences to a man that just lost his wife and mother of his children. Class or respect is usually in short supply around here (and the NBA forums), but death and the loss of loved one's isn't something to make light of.

Too many people die in this world to act like you're affected by someone you didn't know. I think it's completely immature for people to run around expecting a bunch of strangers to show extra deference to a situation that plays out thousands of times every day (hell millions of times) just because it was on television. It's just self-centered bullshit. She died, that sucks and if I could have prevented it, I would have. But I couldn't, and that's really where it begins and ends. I did my condolences bit in the first thread. I'm not going to sit here an act mournful so a bunch of jackoffs can keep feeling classy about something that has no affect on their lives.

AFMadison
02-19-2016, 01:51 AM
Too many people die in this world to act like you're affected by someone you didn't know. I think it's completely immature for people to run around expecting a bunch of strangers to show extra deference to a situation that plays out thousands of times every day (hell millions of times) just because it was on television. It's just self-centered bullshit. She died, that sucks and if I could have prevented it, I would have. But I couldn't, and that's really where it begins and ends. I did my condolences bit in the first thread. I'm not going to sit here an act mournful so a bunch of jackoffs can keep feeling classy about something that has no affect on their lives.
Damn bro show some human emotions, nobody is telling you to cry. Generally the people who respond to something like this may have some connection with it (maybe something similar happened to them as well). Why open your mouth if you have nothing good to say?

KenziE
02-19-2016, 01:51 AM

This tbh

RiP Mr Williams either way

Chinook
02-19-2016, 01:55 AM
Damn bro show some human emotions, nobody is telling you to cry. Generally the people who respond to something like this may have some connection with it (maybe something similar happened to them as well). Why open your mouth if you have nothing good to say?

As I said, I already did the condolences part. And if I knew them, I'd offer Monty my condolences. Or even if this were a forum that Monty would read, I'd send some. But it's not. I'm not being asked to be classy to them. I'm being asked to act in a way that makes some unaffiliated people feel better about themselves. It's fucking ridiculous. Am I supposed to be paralyzed with emotion over the refugee crisis in Syria? I mean, those people have it so much worse than Williams, but no one here is giving a shit.

TheDoctor
02-19-2016, 01:55 AM

Says the guy getting defensive about being a Reddit user.

Confirmed.

BatManu20
02-19-2016, 01:58 AM
Pretty incredible. Not a religious person but damn was that a powerful speech. Takes a lot of strength to give a speech like that after you just lost the mother of your children.

This. Not religious but I respect the hell out of Monty and the way he's handled this whole thing. He's a better man than I.

AFMadison
02-19-2016, 01:58 AM
As I said, I already did the condolences part. And if I knew them, I'd offer Monty my condolences. Or even if this were a forum that Monty would read, I'd send some. But it's not. I'm not being asked to be classy to them. I'm being asked to act in a way that makes some unaffiliated people feel better about themselves. It's fucking ridiculous. Am I supposed to be paralyzed with emotion over the refugee crisis in Syria? I mean, those people have it so much worse than Williams, but no one here is giving a shit.
Probably because a thread wasn't created about it. Nobody is asking you to do anything. Who's asking you to do these things? Are people messaging you? Nobody is asking you to be paralyzed with emotion. If you have some demons you need to let out.... Let it flow man...

TheDoctor
02-19-2016, 01:59 AM
...Am I supposed to be paralyzed with emotion over the refugee crisis in Syria? I mean, those people have it so much worse than Williams, but no one here is giving a shit.

Well said.

spurtech09
02-19-2016, 02:00 AM
As I said, I already did the condolences part. And if I knew them, I'd offer Monty my condolences. Or even if this were a forum that Monty would read, I'd send some. But it's not. I'm not being asked to be classy to them. I'm being asked to act in a way that makes some unaffiliated people feel better about themselves. It's fucking ridiculous. Am I supposed to be paralyzed with emotion over the refugee crisis in Syria? I mean, those people have it so much worse than Williams, but no one here is giving a shit.Sorry you feel that way bro...People do have hearts you know...

J_Paco
02-19-2016, 02:00 AM

LMAO

No one is telling to shed a tear or even care, really. But silence would come across better than an attempt to be callous and cold. People are born (everyday) and then they eventually die (everyday) while the Earth keeps spinning, but that doesn't mean we can't stop and show respect for people (whether we knew them or not) that are gone. Its called empathy, dude, try it for once and it could maybe help you out with your jaded ass view of the world.

AFMadison
02-19-2016, 02:01 AM
LMAO

No one is telling to shed a tear or even care, really. But silence would come across better than an attempt to be callous and cold. People are born (everyday) and then they eventually die (everyday) while the Earth keeps spinning, but that doesn't mean we can't stop and show respect for people (whether we knew them or not) that are gone. Its called empathy, dude, try it for once and it could maybe help you out with your jaded ass view of the world.

J_Paco
02-19-2016, 02:01 AM
Says the guy getting defensive about being a Reddit user.

Confirmed.

You are too stupid, LMAO.

Chinook
02-19-2016, 02:03 AM
Probably because a thread wasn't created about it. Nobody is asking you to do anything. Who's asking you to do these things? Are people messaging you? Nobody is asking you to be paralyzed with emotion. If you have some demons you need to let out.... Let it flow man...

People are indeed urging me to act in a way that that would make them feel better. It's about them, not Monty. If something like this had happened to you, and you started a thread about it, I wouldn't go in there saying any of this. I would offer my condolences. The difference? You can actually get them. I'd be showing respect and solidarity with the actually person affected. Now, yes, it would only go to a point, as I'm not going to make your tragedy my own, but it's an important distinction.

HarlemHeat37
02-19-2016, 02:04 AM

:BANG

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/2710066/tombstone-in-casket-o.gif

Chinook
02-19-2016, 02:07 AM
But silence would come across better than an attempt to be callous and cold.

This is the whole issue. It would come across better to whom? Monty and his ilk? No, because they aren't reading this. You mean it would come across to the people of ST better. Who gives a shit what you guys think? Do you really think I should try to make you guys feel better about Monty's wife's death? How self-absorbed is that? That's right up there with the idea that fans shouldn't overlook certain teams on the schedule. Just flabbergasting.

spurtech09
02-19-2016, 02:08 AM
LMAO

No one is telling to shed a tear or even care, really. But silence would come across better than an attempt to be callous and cold. People are born (everyday) and then they eventually die (everyday) while the Earth keeps spinning, but that doesn't mean we can't stop and show respect for people (whether we knew them or not) that are gone. Its called empathy, dude, try it for once and it could maybe help you out with your jaded ass view of the world.Its clear he is just trying to cause some drama....

AFMadison
02-19-2016, 02:11 AM
People are indeed urging me to act in a way that that would make them feel better. It's about them, not Monty. If something like this had happened to you, and you started a thread about it, I wouldn't go in there saying any of this. I would offer my condolences. The difference? You can actually get them. I'd be showing respect and solidarity with the actually person affected. Now, yes, it would only go to a point, as I'm not going to make your tragedy my own, but it's an important distinction.
I don't think people are urging you to act a certain way to make themselves feel better. That honestly doesn't even make sense to me. And I'm pretty sure it's 100% about Monty, key word of the thread title. In my case I'm standing up to what I believe is right, and I'm definitely not doing it to "make myself feel better". I'm not even Christian dude i just acknowledged his strength during a tough time, and then you gotta open your mouth with some noise like "people die everyday". Well no shit Sherlock, does a bear shit in the woods?

spurtech09
02-19-2016, 02:13 AM
Hey I have an idea.....Lets all get closer with the Lord...Repent and forgive for are sins.....Stop these worthless arguments and focus on Jesus Christ......Come on Brothers....

YGWHI
02-19-2016, 02:14 AM

Nah. He sounds like he was suppressing his emotions. They have 5 children together...What do you expect him to do? Cry in front of his kids?

Chinook
02-19-2016, 02:14 AM
In my case I'm standing up to what I believe is right, and I'm definitely not doing it to "make myself feel better".

One of the most hypocritical statements in human history. You are lording your moral agenda over people and acting like it's not self-serving. I'm not saying your trying to police me for the endorphin rush it gives you. I am saying that you are "standing up to what you believe is right" because it's what you want to do.

xtremesteven33
02-19-2016, 02:17 AM

AFMadison
02-19-2016, 02:19 AM
Hey I have an idea.....Lets all get closer with the Lord...Repent and forgive for are sins.....Stop these worthless arguments and focus on Jesus Christ......Come on Brothers....

http://youtu.be/033FInn1wH8

AFMadison
02-19-2016, 02:20 AM
One of the most hypocritical statements in human history. You are lording your moral agenda over people and acting like it's not self-serving. I'm not saying your trying to police me for the endorphin rush it gives you. I am saying that you are "standing up to what you believe is right" because it's what you want to do.
Yea but I don't think you understand what my argument against you is....

Chinook
02-19-2016, 02:22 AM
Yea but I don't think you understand what my argument against you is....

You're not making an argument. You're trying to admonish me for saying something not nice instead of nothing at all. But you aren't actually supporting that notion, especially not with anything beyond your own self-interests.

J_Paco
02-19-2016, 02:23 AM

Dude, some people haven't seen this video or actually give a shit about Monty on a superficial level and genuinely feel bad for what he's going through. He played for this organization and coached under Pop, so I think that gives people more than enough reason to care. Like I said earlier, it is called having empathy for the plight of your fellow man. Doesn't mean that you have to care, but other people do whether directly, indirectly affected by the situation or not.

You can feel otherwise, but when you come across as a cold-hearted, callous asshole people will call you on it.

YGWHI
02-19-2016, 02:24 AM
Am I supposed to be paralyzed with emotion over the refugee crisis in Syria? I mean, those people have it so much worse than Williams, but no one here is giving a shit.

Well, I wouldn't talk about Syria on a sports forum. Also, it's a Spurs forum. It's normal that people empathize with a former Spur and his lost.

AFMadison
02-19-2016, 02:25 AM
You're not making an argument. You're trying to admonish me for saying something not nice instead of nothing at all. But you aren't actually supporting that notion, especially not with anything beyond your own self-interests.
Admonish? Not really.. Advise, sure. Would I tell an ugly girl she was ugly.. No.

Chinook
02-19-2016, 02:31 AM
Dude, some people haven't seen this video or actually give a shit about Monty on a superficial level and genuinely feel bad for what he's going through. He played for this organization and coached under Pop, so I think that gives people more than enough reason to care. Like I said earlier, it is call having empathy for the plight of your fellow man. Doesn't mean that you have to care, but other people do whether directly, indirectly affected by the situation or not.

I have plenty of empathy for Williams, at least in so far as anyone who's completely unfamiliar with this situation can. Hence, I'm not asking why he's not back coaching right now or why I didn't comment on his projected emotional state like others did. What I seem to lack is an ability to give a shit that you guys want to take this empathy thing to an extreme and subsume his affliction to use as a grounds to chastise me. I find that to be immature and self-centered on your parts. I'm respecting Williams perfectly fine by not saying anything bad to him and wishing this hadn't happened to him, but I'll be damned if I let you guys demand "class" from me on his behalf.

Chinook
02-19-2016, 02:32 AM
Admonish? Not really.. Advise, sure. Would I tell an ugly girl she was ugly.. No.

So what? You're telling me to act like you do, but still providing no justification for it? Come on. Lay something cogent out.

AFMadison
02-19-2016, 02:35 AM
I'm not telling you to act any way. I shouldn't have to repeat myself. I'm pretty sure I gave you a nice example sentence for you to think on.

J_Paco
02-19-2016, 02:38 AM
You are too stupid, LMAO.

I have plenty of empathy for Williams, at least in so far as anyone who's completely unfamiliar with this situation can. Hence, I'm not asking why he's not back coaching right now or why I didn't comment on his projected emotional state like others did. What I seem to lack is an ability to give a shit that you guys want to take this empathy thing to an extreme and subsume his affliction to use as a grounds to chastise me. I find that to be immature and self-centered on your parts. I'm respecting Williams perfectly fine by not saying anything bad to him and wishing this hadn't happened to him, but I'll be damned if I let you guys demand "class" from me on his behalf.

Your smarmy ass, callous and rude posts speak completely contrary to what you just typed. I'm going to drop it cause we are just going in circles.

My best wishes and prayers to Monty Williams and his family, peace.....

Chinook
02-19-2016, 02:41 AM
I'm not telling you to act any way. I shouldn't have to repeat myself. I'm pretty sure I gave you a nice example sentence for you to think on.

ad·vise
ədˈvīz/
verb

offer suggestions about the best course of action to someone.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/advise

So now that we've established that you are indeed trying to to tell me how to act, we can cut past this "friendly chatter" bullshit and actually have a discussion. You were trying to tell me that you had an argument that I was supposed to consider. I'd like to see it and some evidence to support it. The best we have so far is your Ugly Girl tangent, and that's just completely irrelevant, as we're not talking about things I'm saying to Williams directly or even criticisms I have for his situation.

Chinook
02-19-2016, 02:42 AM
Your smarmy ass, callous and rude posts speak completely contrary to what you just typed. I'm going to drop it cause we are just going in circles.

My best wishes and prayers to Monty Williams and his family, peace.....

It just highlights that I don't give a shit about your offense levels, not that I don't feel bad about Williams. It just goes to a point, as it should for anyone sane.

apalisoc_9
02-19-2016, 02:46 AM
Why do we need to give the lady extended attention again? Condol is fine. Thats it.

A lot of people die everday. None of have any real emotional connections to them.

Spend your time fighting drunk driving etc if you care about car crushes.

AFMadison
02-19-2016, 02:55 AM
ad·vise
ədˈvīz/
verb

?

So now that we've established that you are indeed trying to to tell me how to act, we can cut past this "friendly chatter" bullshit and actually have a discussion. You were trying to tell me that you had an argument that I was supposed to consider. I'd like to see it and some evidence to support it. The best we have so far is your Ugly Girl tangent, and that's just completely irrelevant, as we're not talking about things I'm saying to Williams directly or even criticisms I have for his situation.
Lol. Are you really pulling out the latter part of a definition to show me that advise is a synonym for admonish. You really are a unique kind of stupid. I'm not even going to lecture you on the English language and explain to you how synonyms can in fact make different interpretations within a sentence. I'm advising you as in (offering a suggestion, giving guidance) not a warning. I'm not going to argue with someone who tosses around word salad.

spurs10
02-19-2016, 02:57 AM
People express emotions in different ways. He used his time to help others (his kids) stay strong. I was thinking the same thing. His ability to hold it together for his children was what really hit me. Also, this was a very appropriate thread-for someone that is part of the Spurs family.

This. Not religious but I respect the hell out of Monty and the way he's handled this whole thing. He's a better man than I. That's what Charles Barkeley said 'better man than I.' I get it, it's very tough to find that emotional poise at a time like that. Those children are blessed to have him as their Dad and he is blessed to have them.

J_Paco
02-19-2016, 02:59 AM
It just highlights that I don't give a shit about your offense levels, not that I don't feel bad about Williams. It just goes to a point, as it should for anyone sane.

Nah, it just proves how stupid and callous some folks can be. I'm not offended at what you said but I am disappointed that Spur fans (or those that claim to be), which consists of grown men playing a game that we all vicariously live through, make light of a former Spur players tragic situation and then attempt to play it off with the usual "stop being sensitive" or "you can't police me" or better yet "who cares (stupid statement cause clearly someone does), people die all the time" bullshit response.

People die everyday, but maybe if people gave a fuck and not just about their own situation the world would be a lot less fucked up place. Anyway, who cares basketball will be on tomorrow and someone else will die important or not......

Chinook
02-19-2016, 03:13 AM
Lol. Are you really pulling out the latter part of a definition to show me that advise is a synonym for admonish. You really are a unique kind of stupid. I'm not even going to lecture you on the English language and explain to you how synonyms can in fact make different interpretations within a sentence. I'm advising you as in (offering a suggestion, giving guidance) not a warning. I'm not going to argue with someone who tosses around word salad.

Dude, that's the first definition you get on multiple sites. And you even admit you're giving "guidance"

guid·ance
ˈɡīdəns/
noun

advice or information aimed at resolving a problem or difficulty, especially as given by someone in authority.

So again, just come out and say you're acting like a self-important ass and that you had nothing to stand on but your own sense of superiority.

Chinook
02-19-2016, 03:17 AM
People die everyday, but maybe if people gave a fuck and not just about their own situation the world would be a lot less fucked up place. Anyway, who cares basketball will be on tomorrow and someone else will die important or not......

You don't give any more fucks than I do. Did you go to the funeral? Are you out trying to raise awareness for safe driving? I'm surprised you can even post with all the world-fixing you're doing. You think you and your high horse are doing enough to fix the world from your god-damned office chair that you can critique others. It's pathetic. "Feeling bad" is the easy part. That's why so many people do it with things they have no right to. You're clearly looking for validation for taking the easy road out, and I'm not offering any. Regardless, I'm pretty sure you were done responding on this topic. It's funny how all that peace and harmony shit goes out the window when I don't agree with you.

SupremeGuy
02-19-2016, 07:11 AM
Why do we need to give the lady extended attention again? Condol is fine. Thats it.

A lot of people die everday. None of have any real emotional connections to them.

Spend your time fighting drunk driving etc if you care about car crushes.Was the person that hit her drunk? I didn't even know.

Old School 44
02-19-2016, 07:30 AM
ad·vise
ədˈvīz/
verb

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/advise

Damn!!! Chinook going full Chump on him.

benefactor
02-19-2016, 07:42 AM
Chinook with no regard(no pun intended).

benefactor
02-19-2016, 07:46 AM
http://youtu.be/033FInn1wH8
Switch the speed to 1.5.:lol

Robz4000
02-19-2016, 07:53 AM
Chinook regulating the reddit/white knight/PC police community, per par

hater
02-19-2016, 08:13 AM
Yep. Biden >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Honest Communist Sanders >>>>> Lying Cheating Hillary Shitton

Amen bratha

Dingle Barry
02-19-2016, 08:17 AM
Any normal person's rx to Chinook ITT:

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h57/joeptc2/upset-jaguars-fan.gif

baseline bum
02-19-2016, 08:18 AM

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/1582326/gwar-jesus-basketball-o.gif

Nigga is the 12 of gods tbh

hater
02-19-2016, 08:19 AM
Lol why ppl.making it a big deal that some ppl truly feel sorry?

Some ppl have families and can imagine how bad a thing this would be. That plus the fact that some ppl are very familiar with Monty through years of watching NBA plus the fact that he always seemed like a class act.

I actually do feel sorry for the guy since I'm in that group of ppl described above.

RIP mrs Williams :cry

Just imagining Monty waking up in the morning and having to prepare breakfast for all his kids alone makes my heart bleed :cry

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
02-19-2016, 08:40 AM
Monty's a man. You don't show your emotions Publicly. I am sure he cried in private and on her death bed. You stay strong for the one's who are still here.

It's sad for him. Sad for those who knew him. But death is a part of living. But people, please, stop making fun of the situation. I agree you don't have to go overboard in showing your respect but at the same time you don't need to be a douche bag about it.

benefactor
02-19-2016, 09:13 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/1582326/gwar-jesus-basketball-o.gif

Nigga is the 12 of gods tbh
Goat gif tbh

NameLess Scrub
02-19-2016, 09:54 AM
8/10. He made some technical errors and repeated himself too much, and his hand gestures were weak. Still, it was a pretty nice speech given the circumstances. Don't agree with it being on television, though. How many of us really gave a shit about Williams' wife? I totally understand why a lot of people who knew her did, but I couldn't have even told you he was married before he was widowed.

I'm not surprised it was on TV. It is relevant in the context of the NBA, which was on TV at the moment.

I don't think I care more than you do. But I do understand that given the tons of deaths in the world every day, some will be on TV, depending on context. In this case, I think it's appropriate. They didn't put too much time on it either.

TrainOfThought5
02-19-2016, 10:22 AM
Chinook with the cold, soulless bads. 0/10.

Chinook
02-19-2016, 10:30 AM
I'm not surprised it was on TV. It is relevant in the context of the NBA, which was on TV at the moment.

I don't think I care more than you do. But I do understand that given the tons of deaths in the world every day, some will be on TV, depending on context. In this case, I think it's appropriate. They didn't put too much time on it either.

I'm just saying, did anyone care when Dean Pees' wife died in 2011? I mean, when Ray Lewis brought it up, half the reporters were like, "What? Well anyway..." It's just arbitrary what people choose to care about. I totally understand why it was mentioned, but why the hell was someone filming a funeral?

Chinook
02-19-2016, 10:31 AM
Chinook with the cold, soulless bads. 0/10.

I think it's much more soulless to pretend to care about people who you don't know. Like seriously, how many people in this thread can honestly say they knew anything about Williams' wife before she died?

hater
02-19-2016, 10:35 AM
You don't have to know the victim to feel bad for Monty retard

I do truly feel bad for Monty. He will be in my prayers for the foreseeable future. So will his kids.

I am glad there are people in this forum that feel the same way I do

Big Dog
02-19-2016, 10:39 AM
Yeah I agree with Chinook. Feel bad for Monty but it's not like his wife's passing affects me in any way.

Chinook
02-19-2016, 10:42 AM
You don't have to know the victim to feel bad for Monty retard

I do truly feel bad for Monty. He will be in my prayers for the foreseeable future. So will his kids.

I am glad there are people in this forum that feel the same way I do

Are you praying for the families of everyone else who's died recently? You aren't, as you wouldn't even have time to post. Why not? Was she more important than they were? How do you decide who's worth praying for?

Blake
02-19-2016, 10:46 AM
Monty sure kept it together during that speech.

hater
02-19-2016, 10:49 AM
Are you praying for the families of everyone else who's died recently? You aren't, as you wouldn't even have time to post. Why not? Was she more important than they were? How do you decide who's worth praying for?

No. Only montys at the moment. Oh and Bidens. Why does it bother you so much ppl are truly sorry for them and want so send them their best wishes?

Chinook
02-19-2016, 11:03 AM
No. Only montys at the moment. Oh and Bidens. Why does it bother you so much ppl are truly sorry for them and want so send them their best wishes?

So you don't give a shit about most people and are fine with it, but I'm callous for not giving an extra shit about this particular person? Just hypocritical as all hell. And mind you, I didn't come into this thread saying, "lol at everyone feeling bad about Williams." I said my peace and people decided that I needed to be corrected on how to show respect to death, all the while they were flamboyantly giving zero fucks about the staggering magnitude of death and sorrow in the world.

I feel like I have my priorities straight. I care about people close to me and things I can affect. If it doesn't fit one of those criteria, I don't waste time feeling bad beyond a token statement or two. The reality is that I know the Williams as well as I know the starving people around the world or those who die in sweat shops or those who are killed by random acts of violence.

You start removing the barriers to what you give a shit about, and you become a blubbering puddle of tears really quickly. We all know that, so we have lines where we stop caring for our sanity. But some folks want to take moral high grounds and pretend that their lines aren't arbitrary.

hater
02-19-2016, 11:05 AM
Didn't read tbh. Too long. But you seem perturbed by ppls good nature.

RIP mrs Monty. I pray she is up in the heavens caressing black baby Jesus in her arms :cry

Chinook
02-19-2016, 11:09 AM
Didn't read tbh. Too long. But you seem perturbed by ppls good nature.

You have awful reading comprehension. I am not perturbed by ppl vicariously grieving through Monty, as absurd and psychotic as that seems to me. I am perturbed by folks rushing to their stables to mount their high-horses about my comments. It's like a worse version of SJWs.

hater
02-19-2016, 11:10 AM
Well that's sad. I will be adding you to my prayers then...

God bless you my son. Carry on...

Chinook
02-19-2016, 11:12 AM
Well that's sad. I will be adding you to my prayers then...

God bless you my son. Carry on...

Plz, if you care about me at all, use your prayers on the people of Syria. And while you're at it, actually do something to help alleviate their suffering besides "truly feeling bad."

coachmac87
02-19-2016, 11:15 AM
Chinook just doesn't understand. It's about Monty Wiliams about God that matters most. He's at peace because of his relationship with God and that hits home.

Proverbs 3:5

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and don't lean on your understanding.

That's why he was able to say what he said and be at peace. Not everybody understands that s d Chinook is one of them

Chinook
02-19-2016, 11:18 AM
Chinook just doesn't understand. It's about Monty Wiliams about God that matters most. He's at peace because of his relationship with God and that hits home.

Proverbs 3:5

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and don't lean on your understanding.

That's why he was able to say what he said and be at peace. Not everybody understands that s d Chinook is one of them

Thanks coach.

coachmac87
02-19-2016, 11:22 AM
I think you're just missing the entire point. It's not about feeling sorry for him. It's about praising him for speaking from his heart and being at peace with such a terrible tragedy.

Chinook
02-19-2016, 11:24 AM
I think you're just missing the entire point. It's not about feeling sorry for him. It's about praising him for speaking from his heart and being at peace with such a terrible tragedy.

And I did that in my first post. So if that's the entire point, it wasn't missed.

coachmac87
02-19-2016, 11:28 AM

That's what you call praise? Giving him an 8/10 and then critique him on hand gestures an repeating himself??

Yeah you clearly missed the point..but since you're not the religious type that's understandable

hater
02-19-2016, 11:32 AM
Plz, if you care about me at all, use your prayers on the people of Syria. And while you're at it, actually do something to help alleviate their suffering besides "truly feeling bad."

Oh I do pray for Syria and the Russian liberators. Everyday.

There's space for you as well so you are in.

coachmac87
02-19-2016, 11:33 AM
And again it's not about "giving a shit" about his wife. It's about handling the circumstance with faith and peace of mind through God when tragedy strikes anybody.

hater
02-19-2016, 11:37 AM

Disagree completely with this. For all we know Monty could put a bullet in his head tomorrow. His public performance yesterday has nothing to do with his mental state. Could have easily been alk a show, or he could sti be in shock...

baseline bum
02-19-2016, 11:40 AM
Goat gif tbh

At least 12 only had his achilles snapped at 34. Meanwhile the son nailed to a cross at 33. Talk about aging bad.

Chinook
02-19-2016, 11:41 AM
That's what you call praise? Giving him an 8/10 and then critique him on hand gestures an repeating himself??

Yeah you clearly missed the point..but since you're not the religious type that's understandable

8/10 is a great score. I bet you couldn't pull that off. He had issues with the delivery which docked points. But the fact that he did all that under the circumstances is extremely impressive. Are you mad that I quantified it instead of just saying, "That was pretty good"? If so, your issue is that I didn't do something the way you wanted me to, not that I didn't do it at all.

Chinook
02-19-2016, 11:46 AM
And again it's not about "giving a shit" about his wife. It's about handling the circumstance with faith and peace of mind through God when tragedy strikes anybody.

The argument about the decline in shit donations wasn't about Monty's speech or the thread's existence. It was about the fact that the funeral was being televised. And the comment, despite the interpretation from the moral cavalry wasn't about docking the Williams clan (like me saying that I was annoyed that they were still taking up airtime or something). It was actually more directed toward the fact that people care about this woman more now that she's dead than they ever did when she was alive and how messed up that is.

coachmac87
02-19-2016, 11:46 AM
Disagree completely with this. For all we know Monty could put a bullet in his head tomorrow. His public performance yesterday has nothing to do with his mental state. Could have easily been alk a show, or he could sti be in shock...

You're an idiot for saying that...cause that's not gonna happen and even you know it. If you understood his purpose on his speech you wouldn't say such a stupid thing...but you're not the religious type and it shows

Chinook
02-19-2016, 11:48 AM
Oh I do pray for Syria and the Russian liberators. Everyday.

There's space for you as well so you are in.

You literally said you didn't care about those people a few posts ago.

coachmac87
02-19-2016, 11:49 AM
M
8/10 is a great score. I bet you couldn't pull that off. He had issues with the delivery which docked points. But the fact that he did all that under the circumstances is extremely impressive. Are you mad that I quantified it instead of just saying, "That was pretty good"? If so, your issue is that I didn't do something the way you wanted me to, not that I didn't do it at all.

Again. It's about his message and praise of God. That's all Monty wanted from this. He didn't ask for ANYBODY to feel sorry for him or his wife. He even stated that. His message is don't forget God. He'll be ok and at peace because of God..

Chinook
02-19-2016, 11:52 AM
M

Again. It's about his message and praise of God. That's all Monty wanted from this. He didn't ask for ANYBODY to feel sorry for him or his wife. He even stated that. His message is don't forget God. He'll be ok and at peace because of God..

That's fine. He did that to a level that earned him an 8/10 from me. Don't get the controversy here.

hater
02-19-2016, 11:52 AM
You're an idiot for saying that...cause that's not gonna happen and even you know it. If you understood his purpose on his speech you wouldn't say such a stupid thing...but you're not the religious type and it shows

My response would be is that the idiot is staring at you on the reflection of your monitor screen.

nobody except monty williamz knows how he is taking this loss. A public speech means absolutely nothing.

he could be a complete wreck that will explode at any minute. My prayers are wuth him

coachmac87
02-19-2016, 11:56 AM
That's fine. He did that to a level that earned him an 8/10 from me. Don't get the controversy here.

Just check out my podcast TBH

coachmac87
My response would be is that the idiot is staring at you on the reflection of your monitor screen.

nobody except monty williamz knows how he is taking this loss. A public speech means absolutely nothing.

he could be a complete wreck that will explode at any minute. My prayers are wuth him

Chinook
Just check out my podcast TBH

Probably not, but I'm bored enough to ask how to find it.

coachmac87
02-19-2016, 11:57 AM
But why was his message about not forgetting God?

benefactor
02-19-2016, 12:11 PM
At least 12 only had his achilles snapped at 34. Meanwhile the son nailed to a cross at 33. Talk about aging bad.
Grim business indeed

AFMadison
02-19-2016, 12:22 PM
Dude, that's the first definition you get on multiple sites. And you even admit you're giving "guidance"

guid·ance
ˈɡīdəns/
noun

advice or information aimed at resolving a problem or difficulty, especially as given by someone in authority.

So again, just come out and say you're acting like a self-important ass and that you had nothing to stand on but your own sense of superiority.
Eat a snickers bro

Chinook
02-19-2016, 12:23 PM
Eat a snickers bro

Why?

TheDoctor
02-19-2016, 12:27 PM
So, where are we in this topic spurs-familia? We still mourning Mrs. Williams or what?

Gonna be sad when Monty dies and realize that his wife isn't in "heaven" like he said she was yesterday :depressed

coachmac87
02-19-2016, 12:34 PM
Probably not, but I'm bored enough to ask how to find it.

It's in the 210 Podcast thread. Click the soundcloud link

NameLess Scrub
02-19-2016, 12:47 PM
Chinook:

I don't think it's messed up. It's normal people will care because there was a tragedy that they are made aware. Every time a tragedy is presented, specially in certain ways, many people will feel bad about it and do certain things. If the people who died is not close enough, it will probably be a temporary concern. But I don't think it's necessarily a hypocrite thing to do.

The heat you got, I think you got because people expect you to either care or express your disinterest in a different way. I suppose you thinking it is hypocritical to show concern in a situation like this makes it annoying that people would call you out.

In any case, I understand and mostly agree with your position on how people establish criteria on when to worry and not worry (not necessarily not care but not feel concern). It will vary from person to person though as we have different levels of empathy.

In a technical way, you're probably on point on the assessment of his speech. In a practical way, I think he expressed his intended message very well, IMO.

Hater:

I don't think his speech is meaningless. I do think he set a very high standard and he will suffer more than he showed in that speech. But the overall idea, I'd think he believes that. Wouldn't know with certainty, since I don't know him personally, of course.

AFMadison
02-19-2016, 01:37 PM
Why?
You're not you when you're hungry

AFMadison
02-19-2016, 01:38 PM
So, where are we in this topic spurs-familia? We still mourning Mrs. Williams or what?

Gonna be sad when Monty dies and realize that his wife isn't in "heaven" like he said she was yesterday :depressed
That's not really your decision now is it?

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
02-19-2016, 01:59 PM
I think it's much more soulless to pretend to care about people who you don't know. Like seriously, how many people in this thread can honestly say they knew anything about Williams' wife before she died?

Chinook, I think some poster here are just meshing your post with the other insensitive comments made. This is what you should have initially wrote and knew you meant all along. But your previous probably taken by some that the insensitive post made by others were justifiable.

I agree, I always find it amusing people mourning over people they never knew when they don't even cherish the ones they love each and everyday. But at the end of the day, you don't have to mourn the person, but at least show some respect and realize people cope with death in different ways.

steeledl
02-19-2016, 07:47 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/MorbidReality/comments/46lzs7/about_a_year_ago_a_coworker_of_mine_suddenly_died/

if if anyone's in the mood to follow me in the feels

mystargtr34
02-19-2016, 08:59 PM
Loss of loved ones is obviously the worst thing that can happen to anyone.. so condolences to Monty - but I'm not a fan of those bible bashing god is great speeches.. he was robotic and seemed like he didn't even care.. it was awkward to watch tbh..

J_Paco
02-19-2016, 11:04 PM
You don't give any more fucks than I do. Did you go to the funeral? Are you out trying to raise awareness for safe driving? I'm surprised you can even post with all the world-fixing you're doing. You think you and your high horse are doing enough to fix the world from your god-damned office chair that you can critique others. It's pathetic. "Feeling bad" is the easy part. That's why so many people do it with things they have no right to. You're clearly looking for validation for taking the easy road out, and I'm not offering any. Regardless, I'm pretty sure you were done responding on this topic. It's funny how all that peace and harmony shit goes out the window when I don't agree with you.

:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

bic50
02-20-2016, 12:44 AM
Yeah I agree with Chinook. Feel bad for Monty but it's not like his wife's passing affects me in any way.

Nothing wrong with having compassion for someone who loses a life partner. They had kids that now will never see their mother again.

bic50
02-20-2016, 12:47 AM
Chinook, I think some poster here are just meshing your post with the other insensitive comments made. This is what you should have initially wrote and knew you meant all along. But your previous probably taken by some that the insensitive post made by others were justifiable.

I agree, I always find it amusing people mourning over people they never knew when they don't even cherish the ones they love each and everyday. But at the end of the day, you don't have to mourn the person, but at least show some respect and realize people cope with death in different ways.

Or those who can relate.

bic50
02-20-2016, 12:55 AM

Having lost my mother at a young age I can feel real compassion without knowing them because I can relate.

cariocaz
02-20-2016, 10:34 AM
Loss is never easy for any of us.

Kikoluna
02-20-2016, 03:58 PM
Well, some wifes are nicer than others.