Bball IQ!!

dabom
02-19-2016, 01:08 AM
Bball IQ!!

He just has too. Just look at the size of his head. :lmao

TheGreatYacht
02-19-2016, 01:11 AM
He just has too. Just look at the size of his head. :lmao
He wanted Boban to rebound his fadeaway brick he did against a midget!! Would've been an easy put back

dabom
02-19-2016, 01:15 AM
He wanted Boban to rebound his fadeaway brick he did against a midget!! Would've been an easy put back

Shuffle passes through traffic. :lmao

02-19-2016, 01:16 AM
Should have traded him before people figure out he's not a legit NBA player

dabom
02-19-2016, 01:17 AM
Didn't see any help defense besides like maybe 1 time on accident. :lmao

J_Paco
02-19-2016, 01:21 AM
He's just at such an athletic disadvantage, I don't believe he can overcome or compensate for it no matter how hard he tries. Sad when I'd like to consistently see an ancient fossil like Rasual play over a 20 something year old.

dabom
02-19-2016, 01:22 AM
He's just at such an athletic disadvantage, I don't believe he can overcome or compensate for it no matter how hard he tries. Sad when I'd like to consistently see an ancient fossil like Rasual play or a 20 something year old.

That 20 something year old is still slower than butler...

tmtcsc
02-19-2016, 01:24 AM
Everyone sucked tonight but Kyle Anderson was far from the reason the Spurs lost. Not sure where all this nonsense is coming from. The entire team took the night off. Tony was especially bad.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-19-2016, 01:25 AM
Andershit :bang

J_Paco
02-19-2016, 01:34 AM
That 20 something year old is still slower than butler...

Exactly, that's why I want to see more of Simmons and Butler with very little of Kyle "Tortoise" Anderson. Although, that one steal he had on Paul Pierce was nice, too bad Patty or Danny (can't remember who) botched the fastbreak.

dabom
02-19-2016, 01:36 AM
Exactly, that's why I want to see more of Simmons and Butler with very little of Kyle "Tortoise" Anderson. Although, that one steal he had on Paul Pierce was nice, too bad Patty or Danny (can't remember who) botched the fastbreak.

Dude traveled the play just before that. :lmao

tmtcsc
02-19-2016, 01:38 AM

It was Green. Dude is as scared as Bruce Bowen when it comes to finishing fast breaks. Fumbles the ball around.

SpurPadre
02-19-2016, 01:40 AM
Everyone sucked tonight but Kyle Anderson was far from the reason the Spurs lost. Not sure where all this nonsense is coming from. The entire team took the night off. Tony was especially bad.
Mainly because we had a chance to cut it to four when he started taking stupid shots while leaving his man wide open for corner threes. Everyone was bad but Kyle was at his worst in the worst possible time and showed he's not ready to be an NBA player. He doesn't belong on a team with championship aspirations.

J_Paco
02-19-2016, 01:49 AM
It was Green. Dude is as scared as Bruce Bowen when it comes to finishing fast breaks. Fumbles the ball around.

What I would give for someone to tell him to just go up strong and not worry about contact or being blocked. That was a key play that helped kill the team's momentum.

Mainly because we had a chance to cut it to four when he started taking stupid shots while leaving his man wide open for corner threes. Everyone was bad but Kyle was at his worst in the worst possible time and showed he's not ready to be an NBA player. He doesn't belong on a team with championship aspirations.

Yeah, that sequence of wide open three point attempts also contributed to the team losing momentum and any grasp on the game. Sucks that we'll probably see more of this type of poor rotating, spotty offense and senior citizen's league athleticism until Kawhi comes back.

Ditty
02-19-2016, 01:51 AM
Kyle does some nice and bad things. I think his defense is underrated tbh. Shouldn't expect much from a late 1st round draft pick, but should be playing in situational issues when games really matter at this point. He needs another offseason to work on his offensive game, but he has some nice tools.

BatManu20
02-19-2016, 01:51 AM

Hoops Czar
02-19-2016, 01:54 AM

If Kyle Anderson is the reason why the Spurs win OR lose, they're fucked.

ElNono
02-19-2016, 01:56 AM
We're short handed and I thought outside of West and Patty, none of the Spurs really played well. But if your veterans don't show up, you can't blame the kids, IMO

dabom
02-19-2016, 01:57 AM
Kyle "Turd" Anderson with a 0.33RPM...

dabom
02-19-2016, 01:58 AM
We're short handed and I thought outside of West and Patty, none of the Spurs really played well. But if your veterans don't show up, you can't blame the kids, IMO

Boban played great. Good help defense and wasn't a bitch.

ElNono
02-19-2016, 02:17 AM
Boban played great. Good help defense and wasn't a bitch.

He did, but I thought it was too small a sample...

dabom
02-19-2016, 02:21 AM
He did, but I thought it was too small a sample...

That's on Pop though...

Laughing Gravy
02-19-2016, 02:33 AM
The Big Athletic Disadvantage

Or just B.A.D. for short

houston spurs fan
02-19-2016, 02:37 AM
He won't play many minutes in the playoffs so who cares. Way more concerned about LMA. He's too passive playing with Duncan, and TD playing really old now. When I go to work after a vacation, my mind is shit for a day. Hoping our team is like that being on the road...

HarlemHeat37
02-19-2016, 02:39 AM
He won't play many minutes in the playoffs so who cares. Way more concerned about LMA. He's too passive playing with Duncan, and TD playing really old now. When I go to work after a vacation, my mind is shit for a day. Hoping our team is like that being on the road...

:lol smh..

LongtimeSpursFan
02-19-2016, 02:39 AM
Chris Webber spoke highly of Anderson. I'd take his input over fans that have never played basketball before

dabom
02-19-2016, 02:40 AM
Chris Webber spoke highly of Anderson. I'd take his input over fans that have never played basketball before

http://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/assets/4425453/Charles.gif

HarlemHeat37
02-19-2016, 02:40 AM

Chris Webber picked the Clippers to win the championship last year :lol

offset formation
02-19-2016, 08:31 AM

Yep.

cd021
02-19-2016, 08:55 AM
Thought Anderson played pretty well and wasn't terrible defensively. The Spurs are going to need one of Anderson and Simmons to able to play some minutes against GSW because Mills lack of size is a issue.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
02-19-2016, 09:04 AM
Everyone sucked last night outside Boban and Mills after he got started after a cold start as well. The long vacation coupled with the funeral of Monty's wife yesterday just really had the Spurs playing bad all around last night. Understandable.

Spurs9
02-19-2016, 09:08 AM
Never been a fan of his, never knew why so many people liked his game.

SouthernFried
02-19-2016, 09:09 AM
I thought Kyle did pretty well. And I agree, he is way underrated defensively. He's never going to be fast, and the only way he leads a fast break, is through his passing. But, I saw a lot of things I liked about him.

LMA is a bigger concern, imho. Especially in the "bigger" games. He tries harder, but he seems to force the issue...as if he knows his rap and trying to overcome it. It's like a mental block.

I'd like to see him focusing on Defense, picks and rebounds at the start of these type of games, then let the ball come to him more in the flow of the game. Dunno if that's what Pop thinks tho...lol.

ceperez
02-19-2016, 09:23 AM
I thought Kyle did pretty well. And I agree, he is way underrated defensively. He's never going to be fast, and the only way he leads a fast break, is through his passing. But, I saw a lot of things I liked about him.

LMA is a bigger concern, imho. Especially in the "bigger" games. He tries harder, but he seems to force the issue...as if he knows his rap and trying to overcome it. It's like a mental block.

I'd like to see him focusing on Defense, picks and rebounds at the start of these type of games, then let the ball come to him more in the flow of the game. Dunno if that's what Pop thinks tho...lol.

Kyle played decent, he was aggressive against Pierce and did well defensively against him. His only problem was that too often he was open in the lane and passed instead of scored. He needs to be aggressive because of his length he's often open.

The problem was Spurs defense were Clippers would exploit the mismatch (i.e. anybody that Parker or Mills was guarding).

Simmons got exposed by the veteran Paul, but with proper coaching, he'll figure it out. You want a bigger player on Paul, you just can't have him bully Mills and Parker.

The Spurs had more energy when West and Boban were both on the court. It cut the lead to a manageable level until we against subbed for the pathetic starters. The starters are just ridiculously pathetic. They've been like that all season. Honestly, it really is LMA's fault. If he's not aggressive then Parker by his lonesome can't find any opportunities.

When LMA coasts (which he does often) the offense is broken.

The difference between West and LMA play is like night and day.

100%duncan
02-19-2016, 09:25 AM
:lol this guy keeps on getting a pass

r0drig0lac
02-19-2016, 09:28 AM
Thought Anderson played pretty well and wasn't terrible defensively. The Spurs are going to need one of Anderson and Simmons to able to play some minutes against GSW because Mills lack of size is a issue.

agree, Pop should try a lineup with
Kyle/Green/Butler/Kawhi/LMA or Duncan

ceperez
02-19-2016, 09:56 AM
Anderson was 4-6 with 2 steals. That's much better than Aldridge at 3-12!

The players that played well barely played. West was 4-6 but played 18 minutes. Boban was 2-2 played 9 minutes (best +/- at 12).

Aldridge, Duncan and Green were all disasters 3-12, 1-6, 2-9 (0-4 from 3). Problem here is you got Aldrige and Green that have a mind-set of coasting.

TrainOfThought5
02-19-2016, 10:16 AM
Aldridge and Green are quickly becoming a problem.. either way im happy i didnt stay up to watch that game.

ceperez
02-19-2016, 10:25 AM
Aldridge and Green are quickly becoming a problem.. either way im happy i didnt stay up to watch that game.

Kind of like they feed off each other's complacency!

SouthernFried
02-19-2016, 11:15 AM
Kyle played decent, he was aggressive against Pierce and did well defensively against him. His only problem was that too often he was open in the lane and passed instead of scored. He needs to be aggressive because of his length he's often open.

The difference between West and LMA play is like night and day.

Pretty much agree with all of this. Kyle does pass up open shots, either passing the ball, or dribbling into the defense that was laying off him. He doesn't trust his three or set shots it seems. Maybe needs to be moving to shoot...like the Sundance kid. lol

Also agree on West. Almost the polar opposite of LMA. Kinda coasts against lesser opponents, but always shows up in the bigger games. Shame he plays so small on D. I think it's got something to do with his smaller wingspan and hunched shoulders. Geesh, I'm sounding more and more like SAGirl.. :lol

Budkin
02-19-2016, 12:03 PM
Pop specifically called out Kyle and West as the only players who showed up. West I get, but Kyle?

TheDoctor
02-19-2016, 12:08 PM
The Big Athletic Disadvantage

Or just B.A.D. for short

Genius! :blah

TheDoctor
02-19-2016, 12:12 PM
Pop specifically called out Kyle and West as the only players who showed up. West I get, but Kyle?

:pop: They showed up in the turnover department.

SnakeBoy
02-19-2016, 01:06 PM
Stupid thread. Kyle played pretty well. If you want to call out one of the "kids"...Simmons was absolute trash last night.

TrainOfThought5
02-19-2016, 02:05 PM
Kind of like they feed off each other's complacency!

Pop knew this.... this is why he always stayed on Greens ass.

TrainOfThought5
02-19-2016, 02:06 PM
Stupid thread. Kyle played pretty well. If you want to call out one of the "kids"...Simmons was absolute trash last night.

Some people dont want to admit that Simmons is an overachieving Dleaguer.

ceperez
02-19-2016, 02:17 PM

He's a rookie and will make rookie mistakes against the elite teams. Paul is the craftiest of guards, he needs to cover him more conservatively and use his length and quickness to compensate. He'll figure it out once he gets the right coaching.

SAGirl
02-19-2016, 02:29 PM
This is a troll thread on Kyle. He probably played the best of the entire SL but he gets the heat. He's 22 and doesn't get opportunities nightly to play this kind of minutes against this level competition. Actually he made several defensive plays and wasn't owned by his matches, handling switches quite well and he was really aggressive when we were down and Pop sat TD and LMA.

If anything we probably could have used him earlier in the game when Tony was terrible. Why he gets the heat when others are supposed to be the stars and carry the team and when your vets shoot terribly the entire night is only a hatemongering trolling effort.

SAGirl
02-19-2016, 02:36 PM
I don't want to flip this on him, but he really was terrible. I am surprised he's not accused of being a second turd, bc he really was awful in everything he did except a couple of transition baskets, which is his niche... That doesn't work against the good teams as your only source of offense. He was terrible on whoever he guarded as well, doing a very bad job on Roddick who lost him easily through screens. Bah, I don't really want to get on him either, as he's a rookie too, but the double standard is evident.

SAGirl
02-19-2016, 02:37 PM
Agree. Also not a kid. 26 yr old.

SAGirl
02-19-2016, 02:41 PM
He was aggressive and was part of a come back effort ppl attribute to Boban, pls!!! Open your eyes. POP is absolutely nit one to give empty praise. Kyle competed defensively the whole game as well.

Tony/TD/LMA didn't show up. Danny had a cold shooting night.

DPG21920
02-19-2016, 02:50 PM
I am not thrilled with Kyle at all, but I see enough that warrants keeping him around. While he has moments, he does a few things wrong so consistently that they bug me:

1) Dribbles into trouble. This is my number one issue with him. He's not quick/fast and while his first step is long and decent, it's nothing special. When the offense is swinging the ball and it goes to Kyle (especially on the weak side) he passes up a lot of good shots. Because he's not capable or just flat out scared, he dribbles right back to where the ball came from and into a crowd. Causes turn overs, cluster spacing and awkward decisions.

2) Indecisive. When he does problem number one ^, he's also not doing it with any decision made. He has his body turned in weird ways and/or picks up a dribble and gets caught in-between shooting and passing too much. He then is forced to try and body off guys to get his shot off (fade away after a bump) or dish it to a guy who's close to him which makes things tight.

3) He reaches on defense. He's had some good moments using that move, but he relies on letting the guy by him too much in order to get the reach around swipe for a steal. That should be your last ditch effort, not your go to move. Hold position and move your feet.

Having said that, he has skills and I think most of this, if not all is confidence and mental. More minutes would result in less being scared and if he can do things with purpose vs always reacting, he should be a positive.

steeledl
02-19-2016, 03:28 PM

This is such a stupid thing sports fans go to . I don't hate or like Anderson but don't disqualify opinions because someone who played has another opinion . I mean.... How many times has Chris Webber watched Kyle Anderson compared to people on this forum.

daslicer
02-19-2016, 03:34 PM
Kyle was solid last night. One thing I agree on with other posters I have noticed about his game is his indecisiveness when it comes to making decisions. He definitely lives up to his nick name slow mo because it does seem like every time he scores its in slow motion.

dabom
02-19-2016, 03:34 PM
Motherfucker had 3 turnovers and 3 rebounds in 28 minutes. :lmao

DenialTwist
02-19-2016, 03:39 PM
Chris Webber picked the Clippers to win the championship last year :lol

And now Webber and Grant Hill are picking OKC to win it this year. Heard them say it during the Rising Stars challenge practice game.

dabom
02-19-2016, 03:40 PM
Some players are like ducks on water(Kawhi) and some players have stone feet(Turd).

dabom
02-19-2016, 03:43 PM
4 player fouls. 1 assist. :lol

TheGreatYacht
02-19-2016, 04:01 PM
4 player fouls. 1 assist. :lol
"This is a troll thread!" :lol

SAGirl
02-19-2016, 04:46 PM
According to Pop, outside of West AND Anderson nobody else showed up.

dabom
02-19-2016, 04:47 PM

Pop ain't always right.

Mnky
02-19-2016, 05:45 PM

I thought he was fine as well. He competed. Lma couldn't make a shot, but got good looks. Diaw could get a shot but good looks. Seemed like they just couldn't make shots. Bad shooting happens. Not a big deal to me. I think kyle should have got more work early, but Tony took everyone our of the game. Liked his response In the 4th. Needs to be that aggressive more often tho. I still need to see more commitment on defense to believe he will be a legit rotation player on a contender.

Baseline21
02-19-2016, 07:30 PM
I know they call Anderson Slomo but this guy needs to learn how to shoot better. This dude takes forever to shoot a wide open J. I still haven't seen him improve how Kawhi was improving. This guy going to be like Dejuan Blair and warm the bench up because Simmons looks like he going to pass him up and it's crazy how Simmons is better then Anderson. Also is it just or does patty mills needs to start over tony Parker. Patty a better shooter and is quicker too. He moves around better. That ball moves better it seems when mills is in court. We beat clippers last In playoffs if mills plays more and Parker rides the pine.

dabom
02-19-2016, 07:34 PM
I know they call Anderson Slomo but this guy needs to learn how to shoot better. This dude takes forever to shoot a wide open J. I still haven't seen him improve how Kawhi was improving. This guy going to be like Dejuan Blair and warm the bench up because Simmons looks like he going to pass him up and it's crazy how Simmons is better then Anderson. Also is it just or does patty mills needs to start over tony Parker. Patty a better shooter and is quicker too. He moves around better. That ball moves better it seems when mills is in court. We beat clippers last In playoffs if mills plays more and Parker rides the pine.

Very knowledgeable Spurs fan. I'm going to give you dap but watch out for some haters. :tu

LongtimeSpursFan
02-19-2016, 09:49 PM
This is such a stupid thing sports fans go to . I don't hate or like Anderson but don't disqualify opinions because someone who played has another opinion . I mean.... How many times has Chris Webber watched Kyle Anderson compared to people on this forum.

If you ever played team sports other player recognize who has talent and who doesn't. It may not always show in Kyles stat sheet but he has s good feel for the game and great skills. I really think I'm two years he is going to morph into that play making role that Manu had for years off the bench. He is also going to get into the floor when Spurs go small with LMA at the 5, Anderson at the 4 and Kawhi at the 3.

dabom
02-19-2016, 09:51 PM
If you ever played team sports other player recognize who has talent and who doesn't. It may not always show in Kyles stat sheet but he has s good feel for the game and great skills. I really think I'm two years he is going to morph into that play making role that Manu had for years off the bench. He is also going to get into the floor when Spurs go small with LMA at the 5, Anderson at the 4 and Kawhi at the 3.

Coming from the guy who said Kyle is better than Kawhi. :lmao

Mnky
02-19-2016, 10:11 PM

I think he has the potential to evolve into a small ball 4, but physically he seems lazy. Which doesn't help when you're already athletically behind. He does have that feel tho.

J_Paco
02-19-2016, 11:36 PM
A lot less indecisive and being more aggressive going to the rim. I still have doubts that he can be a viable rotation player, but he's bringing it tonight.

SpurPadre
02-19-2016, 11:38 PM
Eh, he's shining a little against dleague-type competition. Nothing to see here.

dabom
02-19-2016, 11:39 PM
A lot less indecisive and being more aggressive going to the rim. I still have doubts that he can be a viable rotation player, but he's bringing it tonight.

Found his level of competition i guess...

dabom
02-19-2016, 11:41 PM
Lakers have 3 more wins than the sixers...

J_Paco
02-19-2016, 11:43 PM
Found his level of competition i guess...

Eh, he's shining a little against dleague-type competition. Nothing to see here.

Yeah, that thought crossed my mind too. Still it is an improvement over letting a fossil like Pierce and a non-factor on offense like Mbah A Moute outplay him.

SpurPadre
02-19-2016, 11:44 PM
Yeah, that thought crossed my mind too. Still it is an improvement over letting a fossil like Pierce and a non-factor on offense like Mbah A Moute outplay him.

Baby steps, I guess. I just don't think we should see baby steps at this point in the season.

100%duncan
02-20-2016, 12:08 AM
Every thread criticizing him is a troll thread

Hoops Czar
02-20-2016, 12:35 AM
I have a feeling my Kyle Anderson posts won't be bumped for quite some time. :lol

TheGreatYacht
02-20-2016, 12:59 AM
If Kobe is the worst player in the league, what does that make fat head? :wow

dabom
02-20-2016, 01:01 AM
Kobe had a throw back game on a rondo type shooter. :lmao

spurtech09
02-20-2016, 01:02 AM
Got to give Kyle some love...He did have a nice offensive game tonight....:)

steeledl
02-20-2016, 01:03 AM
Really embarrassing offensive performance for ka.... His insecurities were on full display. They didn't guard this guy and he wouldn't shoot .

steeledl
02-20-2016, 01:04 AM
Got to give Kyle some love...He did have a nice offensive game tonight....:)

Did we watch the same game...

Kawhitstorm
02-20-2016, 01:09 AM
Looked pretty ordinary against D-League talent:depressed

spursistan
02-20-2016, 01:13 AM
He hasn't done himself any favors in Manu absence..Looks like Butler will be taking those spot minutes in playoff rotation..

Kawhitstorm
02-20-2016, 01:18 AM
He hasn't done himself any favors in Manu absence..Looks like Butler will be taking those spot minutes in playoff rotation..

At least he's getting exposed in the regular season, it'll prevent the Beno fiasco from occurring yet again.:lol

TheGreatYacht
02-20-2016, 01:21 AM
Yeah he scored 14pts... 6 layup/dunks and 1 basket in garbage time

ceperez
02-20-2016, 01:23 AM
Hesitant shooting the ball, but overall a decent game by Anderson. 7-14 shooting is still good, he also got 3 assists and 2 steals. One of those was a key assist to Mills to seal the game.

I like the fact that he's getting a lot of exposure. He played Bryant well enough defensively.

BatManu20
02-20-2016, 01:24 AM
I'm genuinely curious as to what you guys expect from the very last pick in the first round… tbh. Do you expect him to be a 20 and 10 guy who is also a lockdown defender?

I mean the guy obviously has his flaws, and is limited due to his athletic ability, or lack thereof, particularly on defense, but it seems like no matter what KA does, ST will piss and moan about it.

He actually had a pretty decent game overall tonight. Shot 50% from the floor on 7/14 shooting, and had some rebounds. assists, and a couple steals. He scored one of the daggers at the end with his finger roll.

Only real negative tonight was his inability to hit the outside shot, which he obviously needs to continue to work on.

TheGreatYacht
02-20-2016, 01:24 AM
He played Bryant well enough defensively.
#ceperez

TheGreatYacht
02-20-2016, 01:27 AM
I'm genuinely curious as to what you guys expect from the very last pick in the first round… tbh. Do you expect him to be a 20 and 10 guy who is also a lockdown defender? I mean he obviously has his flaws, and is limited due to his athletic ability, or lack thereof, particularly on defense, but it seems like no matter what KA does, ST will piss and moan about it. He actually had a decent game overall tonight. Shot 50% from the floor on 7/14 shooting, and had some rebound and assists. He scored the final dagger at the end with his finger roll. Only real negative was his inability to hit the outside shot, which he needs to work on.
I'm expecting him to sit his ass on the bench in crunch time instead of Green, expecting Butler to be ahead of him in the rotation, expecting him to at least have average bball IQ... But we can't have everything.

SouthernFried
02-20-2016, 01:37 AM
Kyle did pretty good again tonight. Kid continues to impress...in his own slo-mo way ;)

SAGirl
02-20-2016, 01:39 AM
I'm genuinely curious as to what you guys expect from the very last pick in the first round… tbh. Do you expect him to be a 20 and 10 guy who is also a lockdown defender?

I mean the guy obviously has his flaws, and is limited due to his athletic ability, or lack thereof, particularly on defense, but it seems like no matter what KA does, ST will piss and moan about it.

He actually had a pretty decent game overall tonight. Shot 50% from the floor on 7/14 shooting, and had some rebounds. assists, and a couple steals. He scored one of the daggers at the end with his finger roll.

Only real negative tonight was his inability to hit the outside shot, which he obviously needs to continue to work on.
You really hit the nail in the head. He helped us in this win. Some guys just have really unrealistic expectations or are just hatemongering bc they have to...
apparently TP vs. Kawhi is not en vogue right now bc Kawhi is recovering from injury... so they have to hate on someone else.

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-20-2016, 02:18 AM
Firmly on the CoJo development path :tu

ceperez
02-20-2016, 06:15 AM
I'm expecting him to sit his ass on the bench in crunch time instead of Green, expecting Butler to be ahead of him in the rotation, expecting him to at least have average bball IQ... But we can't have everything.

You must be blind. If there is any reason that he's in the court for 29 minutes is because he has a good basketball IQ. Inexperienced but with a very good natural feel of the game.

r0drig0lac
02-20-2016, 06:29 AM

ceperez
02-20-2016, 10:27 AM
Dedicated to all those 'blind' detractors:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu_nSgbcw4w

sasaint
02-20-2016, 01:46 PM
Last night at the end of the first half Kyle was 4 of 6 and had played a good floor game. It is true that he turned down shots with which he was not comfortable that, in an ideal world, he would have taken and made. (Perhaps next season after more work with Chip...)

After the third quarter he was 5 of 12 and had not played as well. In the 4th quarter he put his poor showing in the 3rd behind him and played very well, including a strong drive to the hole for a big basket in crunch time. He finished the game 7 of 14, meaning he went 2 of 2 in the 4th. Good game overall for a developing young player.

szkorhetz
02-20-2016, 01:56 PM
Dedicated to all those 'blind' detractors:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu_nSgbcw4w
I love this dude, but the first basket is a LeBron like travel... :D

Spurtacular
02-20-2016, 03:53 PM
I don't think I've seen a player do a better job of making Kobe look like an all star this season. Even the all stars playing virtually no defense couldn't do that.

tholdren
02-20-2016, 03:56 PM

go back to the threads that were created on draft night. The crazies got a dose of reality.

SAGirl
02-20-2016, 07:16 PM
Last night at the end of the first half Kyle was 4 of 6 and had played a good floor game. It is true that he turned down shots with which he was not comfortable that, in an ideal world, he would have taken and made. (Perhaps next season after more work with Chip...)

After the third quarter he was 5 of 12 and had not played as well. In the 4th quarter he put his poor showing in the 3rd behind him and played very well, including a strong drive to the hole for a big basket in crunch time. He finished the game 7 of 14, meaning he went 2 of 2 in the 4th. Good game overall for a developing young player.
Definitely a good sign that he wasn't taken out of the game mentally because they were daring him to shoot and his midrange shot wasn't falling. The frustration could have taken a young inexperienced youngster out of the game. On the other end, Kobe gave him the business at times, and the crowd got him going, but he didn't get rattled, showed composure to make the right plays, and helped us in the win. No TO last night either.

cutewizard
02-20-2016, 07:42 PM
KYLE ANDERSON CAN TAKE ALL OF US HERE, ONE-ON-ONE, SEQUENTIALLY..........and all of us here, one by one, would be humiliated...........humans have such big heads

cutewizard
02-20-2016, 07:43 PM
no human in spurstalk can defeat kyle Anderson one on one in basketball, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha..........conclu sion, guys in spurstalk are ENVIOUS of kyle hahahahahahahahahha

sasaint
02-20-2016, 08:04 PM
Definitely a good sign that he wasn't taken out of the game mentally because they were daring him to shoot and his midrange shot wasn't falling. The frustration could have taken a young inexperienced youngster out of the game. On the other end, Kobe gave him the business at times, and the crowd got him going, but he didn't get rattled, showed composure to make the right plays, and helped us in the win. No TO last night either.

Many of his detractors focus on his lacking a 3-point shot and his refusing to take it. Personally, I would rather see him play within his limitations than hoist 3s at a 29% rate at this stage of his career. Working with Chip, Kyle will improve his shot everywhere on the floor. Even so, he is not the only player in the league who doesn't shoot the 3-ball well. HELLO, Rondo, Rubio, MCW... Kyle was pretty good last night going up against Kobe, for the reasons you and ceperez cite. He is definitely a part of Spurs TNG.

dabom
02-20-2016, 08:09 PM
Many of his detractors focus on his lacking a 3-point shot and his refusing to take it. Personally, I would rather see him play within his limitations than hoist 3s at a 29% rate at this stage of his career. Working with Chip, Kyle will improve his shot everywhere on the floor. Even so, he is not the only player in the league who doesn't shoot the 3-ball well. HELLO, Rondo, Rubio, MCW... Kyle was pretty good last night going up against Kobe, for the reasons you and ceperez (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=13356) cite. He is definitely a part of Spurs TNG.

Ya are some stupid cucks. :lmao

dabom
02-20-2016, 08:10 PM
Can't do shit vs the clippers and got owned by a washed up Kobe. Made the lakers look like the thunder there. :lmao

SAGirl
02-20-2016, 08:13 PM
Many of his detractors focus on his lacking a 3-point shot and his refusing to take it. Personally, I would rather see him play within his limitations than hoist 3s at a 29% rate at this stage of his career. Working with Chip, Kyle will improve his shot everywhere on the floor. Even so, he is not the only player in the league who doesn't shoot the 3-ball well. HELLO, Rondo, Rubio, MCW... Kyle was pretty good last night going up against Kobe, for the reasons you and ceperez (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=13356) cite. He is definitely a part of Spurs TNG.
I agree he should not be chucking the 3 like Austin Daye if he's not making them at a good rate in practice for example. POP is not exasperated by him passing up a 3 and taking a midrange shot. The 3 he's forced to take is the corner one and he does take it when he must.

I think it does limit him at this point. We will see more Butler in the playoffs for example bc the spacing and shooting is paramount, but Pop has to be aware of Kyle's current limitations. It is something he'll continue he to work on and hopefully improve. I'd like him to be at least Diaw like. It's not like he will be shooting them in volume, but shoot and make enough of them that he can pump fake drive like Diaw does bc we have seen he has skill around the basket, can finish around guys bc he has a nice touch. Last season Diaw regressed in his shooting the 3 and they were daring him to shoot too.

skulls138
02-21-2016, 11:59 AM
If it werent for KAs creativity, hed be screwed. He still needs to improve, and take his 3's when hes, at least, very open but its amazing that he gets away with not shooting it. The space he considers the defender to be too close to take the shot is huge, which is fine because of his creativity but needs to stop passing when hes completely open. That negates the good passing that got him the ball when he is completely open and that goes against team.

TDfan2007
02-21-2016, 12:28 PM
Looked like KA got destroyed by Kobe the other night...

SAGirl
02-21-2016, 03:51 PM
Looked like KA got destroyed by Kobe the other night...
We won that is all that matters.

P.S. (Kobe got 25 last time he was in SA guarded by another SF. You can't underestimate the desire Kobe had against the Spurs. This time he was playing at home).

dabom
02-21-2016, 03:54 PM
We won that is all that matters.

P.S. (Kobe got 25 last time he was in SA guarded by another SF. You can't underestimate the desire Kobe had against the Spurs. This time he was playing at home).

Yeah but Kyle got owned by Kobe. No need to sugar coat shit. And this is a Kyle "thread". You can discuss the game in the gamethread.

SAGirl
02-21-2016, 04:48 PM
Yeah but Kyle got owned by Kobe. No need to sugar coat shit. And this is a Kyle "thread". You can discuss the game in the gamethread.
Shot 10-25 and 1-8 from downtown... We won the game.... :wakeup

MultiTroll
02-21-2016, 04:52 PM
Shot 10-25 and 1-8 from downtown... We won the game.... :wakeup
:lol Beat the tanking Lakers. Celebrate.
Good thing we won and Anderson certainly had some good plays.
If you can't see some glaring need for improvement....

SAGirl
02-21-2016, 04:59 PM
:lol Beat the tanking Lakers. Celebrate.
Good thing we won and Anderson certainly had some good plays.
If you can't see some glaring need for improvement....
I can, but some also can't see that he did show up and made a difference in that game... won't say more bc it's passed, like water under the bridge. And the trolling will continue and I don't have infinite time nor desire to beat a dead horse.

TheGreatYacht
02-21-2016, 07:32 PM
Anderson - 5pts, 3reb, 2ast, 3TO, -4 in 28 minutes
Butler - 12pts, 6reb, 3stl, 1TO, +11 in 25 minutes

dabom
02-21-2016, 07:34 PM
"He was boxing out" SAGirl

dabom
02-21-2016, 07:34 PM
Was not there to close out the game... against the suns.... :lmao

dabom
02-21-2016, 07:36 PM
2 assist 3 turnovers....

dabom
02-21-2016, 07:38 PM
Suns with 3 more wins than the lakers....

BD24
02-21-2016, 08:07 PM
If Kyle could hit the 3 consistently he could be a useful player. Without the 3 in his arsenal though he isn't really worth playing at this time. *cue a SAgirl novel*

SAGirl
02-21-2016, 08:13 PM
If Kyle could hit the 3 consistently he could be a useful player. Without the 3 in his arsenal though he isn't really worth playing at this time. *cue a SAgirl novel*
Nah you are right. Have said this too. I don't see him in the playoffs either for that same reason.

BD24
02-21-2016, 08:22 PM
Nah you are right. Have said this too. I don't see him in the playoffs either for that same reason.
I actually like him at the 4. If he can bulk up I think he can be useful at the 4. Still not sold on him as a 3 and don't see a future for him at the 3.

SAGirl
02-21-2016, 08:38 PM
I actually like him at the 4. If he can bulk up I think he can be useful at the 4. Still not sold on him as a 3 and don't see a future for him at the 3.
He definitely needs to add strength. I agree. Hopefully he'll continue to work on his game.

Baseline21
02-22-2016, 12:04 AM
Been a die hard fan since 1989 and appreciate the words Dabom. I've been sticking up for my Spurs and Seahawks since 89 and I don't back down. I'm like the ROCK "JUST BRING IT" if u smell what I'm cooking

LongtimeSpursFan
02-22-2016, 12:31 AM

Kobe gets 25 on 10-25 FGA and took 31 percent of Lakers total field goal attempts. I would hardly called that owned. More like chucking up bad shot after shot. And Anderson swiped Kobe in open court.

Boomersgold
02-22-2016, 04:48 AM
Andersons' a great fit to this team. Great passer and his shot's improved a lot.

jeebus
03-14-2016, 12:42 PM
He needs to lay off the head enlargement pills. It's now wonder his head is slightly forward, due to his neck starting to give out.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdhnP7tXIAE6Vi5.jpg:large

NASpurs
03-14-2016, 01:04 PM
He needs to lay off the head enlargement pills. It's now wonder his head is slightly forward, due to his neck starting to give out.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdhnP7tXIAE6Vi5.jpg:large

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/simpsons/images/b/be/HatB_-_Ken_Griffey_Jr's_misfortune.png/revision/latest?cb=20100919202719

NASpurs
03-14-2016, 01:04 PM
:lol @ Bobo and Kawhi

Chinook
03-14-2016, 01:08 PM
Boban is huge, and yes, LMA is taller than Tim.

spursistan
03-14-2016, 01:17 PM
Kawhi looks stoned :lol

BG_Spurs_Fan
03-14-2016, 01:21 PM
I know they're sitting and it's difficult to tell but Manu looks much bigger than Martin. I thought Martin was taller.

Also, LMA is damn strong and big.

BatManu20
03-14-2016, 02:03 PM
I don't think KA's head is as big as everyone makes it out to be, I just think he has a massive forehead tbh :lol. And his hair-style isn't doing him any favors. It makes it look even bigger.

BatManu20
03-14-2016, 02:05 PM
And damn there's a lot of old fucks in that picture :lol

BatManu20
03-14-2016, 02:07 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdhOa1lUMAAU2r9.jpg:large

spurraider21
03-14-2016, 02:14 PM
kyle anderson is like that shitty villain from that shitty green lantern movie

spursistan
03-14-2016, 02:23 PM
no Peter Holt :cry

Capt Bringdown
03-14-2016, 02:39 PM
http://www.htbackdrops.org/v2/albums/userpics/12569/orig_Ben_E__King-2.jpg

Harry Callahan
03-14-2016, 02:51 PM
Kyle looks pretty geeked out there. Boban is a HUGE human being.....my goodness.

bic50
03-14-2016, 06:19 PM
Kawhi, Miller and diaw:lol

TD 21
03-14-2016, 11:55 PM
Boban is huge, and yes, LMA is taller than Tim.

If he is, it's by the slimmest of margins, to the point that it's not evident to the naked eye. More likely, they're the exact same size, which is roughly 6-11 1/2, in shoes.

Trying to further the "Aldridge is a true center" argument?

elemento
03-15-2016, 12:22 AM
Pics are deceiving when it comes to height. Angles, posture and the distance from the camera matter a lot. Ask Jean Claude Van Damme

Aldridge was measured officially @ 6'10 barefoot pre-draft. Duncan had the same height pre-draft as well.

I'd say that both are the same height. 6'10 barefoot, 6'11 in shoes.

We can find different pictures on the internet where Duncan looks taller and some others Aldridge looks taller. Simply depends on the angle, posture and the distance of the camera.

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/basketball-nba-season-preview-portrait-of-san-antonio-spurs-tim-and-picture-id496672634

https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/YT-cNeRGQ-vBwr7TyT3xFnXJ6Lw=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4186083/920x920.0.jpg