PDA

View Full Version : When the Warriors lost Wardell for a game.

midnightpulp
02-19-2016, 01:25 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201512300DAL.html

And Clippers even without Griffin are better than the Mavs.

We are missing a top 3-5 player in the league. And also missing our best bench player.

This loss means nothing. Road game after an 8 day layoff missing our best player and best bench player.

This isn't cognitive dissonance. We're missing 2 players who probably generate 15-20 wins.

Burn the tape.

HarlemHeat37
02-19-2016, 01:26 AM
Of course it means nothing, overall..

It was just an ugly game to watch, very disappointing effort from virtually everybody..I think it was exacerbated by everybody waiting 1 week for a real basketball game only to be greeted with this excuse of a performance from the Spurs:lol

midnightpulp
02-19-2016, 01:31 AM

It was just an ugly game to watch, very disappointing effort from virtually everybody..I think it was exacerbated by everybody waiting 1 week for a real basketball game only to be greeted with this excuse of a performance from the Spurs:lol

I think the team kind of subconsciously lost interest when news broke of Kawhi sitting. I know I was "less interested" in this game because of that since I was looking forward to post-All Star game Kawhi lighting it up.

spursistan
02-19-2016, 01:42 AM
I'm more worried about emerging (old) patterns carrying over to the postseason and not single game: (a) Porker the 2016 Edition(b) LMA wetting the bed against the big boys (c) Diaw potential declining skills rather than coasting factor (awful for more than month) (d) road inconsistency of Mills/Green (e) Simmons maybe too raw even for spot minutes..

TheDoctor
02-19-2016, 01:48 AM
Pop lost interest in this game by the 2nd quarter. Clips on a roll and no timeouts. Casually, most of our players looked tanned. Some hours at the beach/pool can draw lots of energy. Not an excuse, just the team enjoying life.

ceperez
02-19-2016, 06:22 AM
Pop lost interest in this game by the 2nd quarter. Clips on a roll and no timeouts. Casually, most of our players looked tanned. Some hours at the beach/pool can draw lots of energy. Not an excuse, just the team enjoying life.

Where is the leadership??

West performed, anyone else? Boban with best +/- on the team. (Honestly though, Clippers have a big problem with Boban on the court. The defenders have to stick to him. Scoring on top of Jordan was a *very* good sign.

Spurs 4 The Win
02-19-2016, 06:38 AM
Where is the leadership??

West performed, anyone else? Boban with best +/- on the team. (Honestly though, Clippers have a big problem with Boban on the court. The defenders have to stick to him. Scoring on top of Jordan was a *very* good sign.

I honestly thought Pop pulled Boban because he found something that worked against the Clips with him and didnt want to give them a chance to counter it should we meet them in the playoffs. Pop is playing the long game and throwing away a meaningless game for a slight playoff edge seems right up his alley.

tbdog
02-19-2016, 07:05 AM
I honestly thought Pop pulled Boban because he found something that worked against the Clips with him and didnt want to give them a chance to counter it should we meet them in the playoffs. Pop is playing the long game and throwing away a meaningless game for a slight playoff edge seems right up his alley.

This. And also it is one game. One loss, and we will lose more. We are holding onto second seed. We are 5 games a head of the Thunder and Cavs, and our aim is to hold that 2nd seed. We are not chasing Warriors first seed. Pop is trying things to see what effects it has. One of the things I saw was Mills guarding Reddick. Anderson and Parker switching on CP and PP. And the Clippers rather post up Parker and Paul take on Anderson.

hater
02-19-2016, 08:06 AM
Lost of things to be worried about tbh. Duncan looks completely finished. In a playoff atmosphere, Simmons and Anderson look like 2 pieces of torn vagina. Lamarcus problem is not only physical but mental. When push comes to shove we seem to get completely oblitarated in losses. Our last 3 losses have by an average of 18 points :lol

hater
02-19-2016, 08:09 AM
Oh and lets not forget Clips were missing Grifiths, Stephenson, Prigioni and Rivers :lmao

They basically did not have their star big man or neither of their backup PGs :lmao

baseline bum
02-19-2016, 08:30 AM
I turned the fucking game off in the fourth quarter when the refs gave Paul three FTs for jumping into Simmons.

peacemaker885
02-19-2016, 08:57 AM
Boban wont be as effective with Griffin and Jordan in there. Becoming a theme now with good teams.

NameLess Scrub
02-19-2016, 09:32 AM
CP3 still owns the Spurs and the refs every time.
He punks the Spurs, makes them look stupid and gets away with it.
If you so much put your hand forward he will take advantage of the refs.

The only silver lining I see from this game is that the Spurs actually had a chance even with how crappy they looked.
If Pop lost interest in the 2nd qtr, idk why. The game wasn't out of reach yet.

spurraider21
02-19-2016, 09:44 AM
the disappointing thing was LMA coming up small even with griffin out, not necessarily the outcome. most of the team played like shit, but he's expected to be our best player by a mile on nights like this

SpursFan86
02-19-2016, 09:57 AM
Thing that has me starting to question whether this team has a good shot at beating GS is the big 3's play.

Parker has been awful since the start of the new calendar year. Duncan, while still having a huge defensive impact, has clearly regressed from last year (not to mention his knee issue). Manu just had surgery and there's no telling how long he'll be out for or how he'll look when he comes back.

Kawhi/Aldridge have the potential to be an incredible duo, but they're not carrying us past a team like GS (maybe not even OKC) on their own. As much as I hate to say it, the big 3 is a pretty big question mark at the moment. Throw in the fact that Green/Mills/Diaw have all been pretty damn inconsistent this year, and it's pretty worrisome.

I agree that last night's game means very little, probably nothing at all. But there are still some things that have me worrying about this team.

Dex
02-19-2016, 10:01 AM
I turned the fucking game off in the fourth quarter when the refs gave Paul three FTs for jumping into Simmons.

Second time he pulled that bullshit, too. The first was when he jumped into Tony and swept the ball through his face.

Apparently you aren't allowed to actually guard the great Chris Paul.

Not the reason we lost (you can blame that on the abysmal shooting and coming out like they were still on All-Star Break)....but refs were shit last night. My favorite sequence was when they choked on the whistle when Mills got pushed to the floor by Aldrich, choked on the whistle when LMA got fouled going to the rim, then finally called a foul on non-contact when Tony drove.

look_at_g_shred
02-19-2016, 11:08 AM
yeah what HH said. It means nothing, but it was disappointing how the team looked. I don't know if you justify that by the time off or what. Clippers looked bad too besides CP3/Crawford/Redick playing bonkers.

Kawhitstorm
02-19-2016, 12:10 PM

One thing is for sure, Pop doesn't have an answer for ReDick or CP3's PnRs.:lol The Spurs best hope is to outscore them & pray Jeff Green/Crawford don't play out of their minds.

It was awesome to see Porker trying to duel w/ CP3 & the crowd giving it to him when he shot an airball; Pop getting in his face was also well worth it.