PDA

View Full Version : black lives matter activists harrass veteran @ mcdonalds, then knock him out cold

hater
02-19-2016, 09:17 AM
Thoughts??

www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/18/police-to-release-video-alleged-attack-on-iraq-war-veteran-inside-dc-mcdonalds.html

MultiTroll
02-19-2016, 11:08 AM
When I 1st read this I thought it said:

Christopher Marquez, 30, an Iraq War vet, told the Washington Post (https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/former-marine-au-student-says-he-was-beaten-in-racially-motivated-attack/2016/02/16/c12c0ee2-d4ec-11e5-b195-2e29a4e13425_story.html) he was eating in a black corner of the restaurant when a group of teens and young men approached his table. :lol

MultiTroll
02-19-2016, 11:10 AM
Ya I'm sure we will see Revarund Al asking the black community's help to find the criminals.

Along with Beyoncé and her band of coons doing a benefit show. :rolleyes

rmt
02-19-2016, 12:31 PM
BLM has infiltrated everywhere. Sent my dd to a Christian mission conference (Urbana) over winter break - the entire worship team was dressed in BLM t-shirts - at a place dominated by white, evangelical Christians. Saw a clip of Bernie with BLM where they were asking him about reparations for blacks - Poor Bernie - he brought up income inequality and how it also affected Hispanics and even (gasp) whites - didn't go over well.

spurraider21
02-19-2016, 12:32 PM
where does it say they were blm activists?

Spurminator
02-19-2016, 12:38 PM

Probably in the Breitbart story.

Spurminator
02-19-2016, 12:41 PM
Video of an assault and robbery doesn't typically get national news coverage. But I suppose black guys + white veteran was too juicy for Fox News to pass up. You know what to do, readers.

hater
02-19-2016, 01:20 PM

Read the interview transcript from Fox local. Its not in that kink?

The veteran said he was eating there and these groups of guys approached him and asked him how he feels about the black lives matter movement and started harrassing him about it calling him a racist.

will look for another link...

boutons_deux
02-19-2016, 01:22 PM
I'm happy to see vets gettin the same treatment as non-vets, get no preferential treatment nor favoritism.

RandomGuy
02-19-2016, 01:22 PM
Thoughts??

www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/18/police-to-release-video-alleged-attack-on-iraq-war-veteran-inside-dc-mcdonalds.html

My thought is "foxnews" = double check facts before buying their spin.

hater
02-19-2016, 01:23 PM
http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/15/marine-allegedly-assaulted-mid-burger-at-mcdonalds-as-gang-yelled-do-you-believe-black-lives-matter/

mingus
02-19-2016, 01:24 PM
I don't agree with everything BLM is about, but to suggest it's an advocate of this kind of behavior is disingenuous (and that's exactly what's being done by identifying them as "BLM activists"). It's stupid & political partisanship stooped to the lowest level to point out bad apples, no matter the issue, as being reflective of an idea in order to discredit that idea.

hater
02-19-2016, 01:24 PM
http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/story/military/2016/02/18/decorated-marine-vet-attacked-dc-mcdonalds-stop-racism/80579940/

hater
02-19-2016, 01:25 PM
I don't agree with everything BLM is about, but to suggest it's an advocate of this kind of behavior is disingenuous (and that's exactly what's being done by identifying them as "BLM activists"). It's stupid & political partisanship stooped to the lowest level to point out bad apples, no matter the issue, as being reflective of an idea.

Read the links. The guys questioned him about black lives matter and harrassed him for being racist. Then knocked him out and robbed him.

hater
02-19-2016, 01:32 PM
The only reason the veteran divulged this is to stop racism and be wants the black lives matter movement to condemn this.

good luck with that :lol

mingus
02-19-2016, 01:36 PM
Read the links. The guys questioned him about black lives matter and harrassed him for being racist. Then knocked him out and robbed him.

I saw & read what you saw. I don't need to re-read or re-watch shit.

They're idiots. Unfortunately, that's the common denominator of the causes of most of the worlds' problems. People like to attribute shit to x, y or z belief system, but the real causes are just plain stupidity.

Aztecfan03
02-19-2016, 01:42 PM
I don't agree with everything BLM is about, but to suggest it's an advocate of this kind of behavior is disingenuous (and that's exactly what's being done by identifying them as "BLM activists"). It's stupid & political partisanship stooped to the lowest level to point out bad apples, no matter the issue, as being reflective of an idea in order to discredit that idea.
Would you also codemn the reporting of the shooting of the planned parenthood in Colorado in the same way?

Spurminator
02-19-2016, 02:06 PM
Read the interview transcript from Fox local. Its not in that kink?

The veteran said he was eating there and these groups of guys approached him and asked him how he feels about the black lives matter movement and started harrassing him about it calling him a racist.

will look for another link...

Sounds legit.

RandomGuy
02-19-2016, 02:31 PM
Probably in the Breitbart story.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/former-marine-au-student-says-he-was-beaten-in-racially-motivated-attack/2016/02/16/c12c0ee2-d4ec-11e5-b195-2e29a4e13425_story.html

Meh. "activist" is probably inaccurate.

A "bunch of jackasses looking to rob/beat up a white guy" would be more accurate.

The "activist" part is a rather obvious attempt to de-legitimize some rather serious concerns that actual activists have when it comes to shootings of black males by police.

RandomGuy
02-19-2016, 02:32 PM
I saw & read what you saw. I don't need to re-read or re-watch shit.

They're idiots. Unfortunately, that's the common denominator of the causes of most of the worlds' problems. People like to attribute shit to x, y or z belief system, but the real causes are just plain stupidity.

I agree.

hater
02-19-2016, 02:37 PM
Sounds legit.

Agree I dont see why a decorated veteran would lie. Especially if theres video evidence of it

spurraider21
02-19-2016, 02:56 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/former-marine-au-student-says-he-was-beaten-in-racially-motivated-attack/2016/02/16/c12c0ee2-d4ec-11e5-b195-2e29a4e13425_story.html

Meh. "activist" is probably inaccurate.

A "bunch of jackasses looking to rob/beat up a white guy" would be more accurate.

The "activist" part is a rather obvious attempt to de-legitimize some rather serious concerns that actual activists have when it comes to shootings of black males by police.
https://i.gyazo.com/47508e39cb6a1a67db4d84ee5eaebf30.png

aka "activist is probably inaccurate" because it's not convenient for me

ChumpDumper
02-19-2016, 03:02 PM
gyazo.com?

spurraider21
02-19-2016, 03:03 PM
gyazo.com?
gyazo is a tool that lets you take instant screenshots of portions of your screen, instead of taking a full screenshot then editing it on imgur or something. its a very handy tool, and there's also a version that can capture gifs for you, instead of having to create one

google "define activist" and its the first thing that pops up

Spurminator
02-19-2016, 03:03 PM
Agree I dont see why a decorated veteran would lie. Especially if theres video evidence of it

Did they ask him about BLM in the video?

ChumpDumper
02-19-2016, 03:04 PM
gyazo is a tool that lets you take instant screenshots of portions of your screen, instead of taking a full screenshots then editing it on imgur or something

google "define activist" and its the first thing that pops upYeah, it's a pretty crappy definition and doesn't seem to apply anyway.

spurraider21
02-19-2016, 03:06 PM
Yeah, it's a pretty crappy definition
im sorry the first definition google provides was inconvenient for you

ChumpDumper
02-19-2016, 03:13 PM
im sorry the first definition google provides was inconvenient for youNot inconvenient. It's very convenient since it's the first one and easy for a lazy person to use on a message board.

It's just not a very good definition. I'm sorry the first convenient definition provided for you was not very good.

spurraider21
02-19-2016, 03:44 PM
Not inconvenient. It's very convenient since it's the first one and easy for a lazy person to use on a message board.

It's just not a very good definition. I'm sorry the first convenient definition provided for you was not very good.
because you say so? oh, ok

ChumpDumper
02-19-2016, 03:50 PM
because you say so? oh, okAnd I am not allowed an opinion because you say so?

Oh, OK.

It's easy to find a better definition, even using Google. One just need not accept the most convenient one provided without question.

hater
02-19-2016, 04:05 PM
Did they ask him about BLM in the video?

What would be his reason to lie about it? What would he get from it?

TheSanityAnnex
02-19-2016, 04:11 PM
K0LYvnqyIZc

RandomGuy
02-19-2016, 04:25 PM

Not sure I understand what you are getting at here. Flesh it out a bit, because "me" is ambiguous. Are you referring to yourself, or me, Randomguy?

or "me" is someone else?

D-

Trainwreck2100
02-19-2016, 04:26 PM

Not to mention he's a fucking democrat

spurraider21
02-19-2016, 04:32 PM
Not sure I understand what you are getting at here. Flesh it out a bit, because "me" is ambiguous. Are you referring to yourself, or me, Randomguy?

or "me" is someone else?

D-
"activist is probably inaccurate" was something you said. so i think it was clear i was referring to you

FuzzyLumpkins
02-19-2016, 04:34 PM
You should make another anecdote thread boutox/TSA style.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-19-2016, 04:38 PM

I can see why you would lie. Your article has the marine quoted as saying he want BLM to condemn the action. He didn't even think what you claim.

You ever get bored trying ot pass of innuendo? Your wishcasting is weird.

Spurminator
02-19-2016, 04:52 PM

He's getting his face on the national news. Probably has a good shot at some GoFundMe loot. And maybe this helps his next try at running for office.

Or maybe he said something that got his ass kicked, so he needs a better alibi. None of this would be unprecedented.

What would be their reason to approach someone random and ask for his thoughts on an activist movement and then beat him up?

TheSanityAnnex
02-19-2016, 05:48 PM
He's getting his face on the national news. Probably has a good shot at some GoFundMe loot. And maybe this helps his next try at running for office.

Or maybe he said something that got his ass kicked, so he needs a better alibi. None of this would be unprecedented.

What would be their reason to approach someone random and ask for his thoughts on an activist movement and then beat him up?Or maybe it happened exactly as he said. None of it would be unprecedented.

hater
02-19-2016, 05:57 PM
Or maybe it happened exactly as he said. None of it would be unprecedented.

Yup. Actually in DC there have been numerous incidents where gangs of kids harras people in metro stations with the subject of black lives matters.

hater
02-19-2016, 05:59 PM
Btw if it looks like a black lives matter activist, walks like a black lives matter activist and talks like a black lives matter activist. Its a black lives matter activist.

Spurminator
02-19-2016, 06:02 PM
Or maybe it happened exactly as he said. None of it would be unprecedented.

It's possible. We don't really have enough info to rush to judgment, but hey, fits the narrative.

hater
02-19-2016, 06:05 PM
It's possible. We don't really have enough info to rush to judgment, but hey, fits the narrative.

We do have the first hand account of the victim

Spurminator
02-19-2016, 06:05 PM
Why wait until the investigation is complete when there's juicy race war arguments to be had!

Spurminator
02-19-2016, 06:11 PM
Back in the day in Salem, we had Brother Guthrie's first hand account of how his leg broke because Sister Margery put a spell on him.

spurraider21
02-19-2016, 06:11 PM
Why wait until the investigation is complete when there's juicy race war arguments to be had!
lol. when the race issue is reversed, we don't wait until investigations are complete. we just talk about how there's a big problem in this country

Spurminator
02-19-2016, 06:13 PM
lol. when the race issue is reversed, we don't wait until investigations are complete.

...while the other side remains skeptical and says wait for the investigation, or blames the victim.

So the best thing to do, clearly, is rush to judgment in all situations.

spurraider21
02-19-2016, 06:16 PM
...while the other side remains skeptical and says wait for the investigation, or blames the victim.

not really. in all situations, i've said to wait for investigations.

i'm just pointing out hypocrisy

Aztecfan03
02-19-2016, 06:35 PM

When the 'victim' is responsible, yes. But that's also after evidence of that.

TheSanityAnnex
02-19-2016, 06:41 PM

You instantly went on defense for the attackers and basically called the victim a liar. You first dismiss it because Breitbart. You are then given more credible links with his quotes and then dismiss his story as made up bullshit. Then you say he could be lying about it to get media attention and money off a gofundme page. That's a shit ton of excuses, but hey don't rush to judgment right?

mingus
02-19-2016, 08:40 PM
Would you also codemn the reporting of the shooting of the planned parenthood in Colorado in the same way?

I don't know how it was reported. I literally get all my "news" from this forum. I don't really watch t.v. (cept for Spurs/NBA) and for the most part I've given up on news media outlets on the Internet since most--or the ones I'm aware of anyway--are too biased. I actually prefer a forum type environment for discussion/education because you get the back-and-forth, which is good.

So you might want to put the question another way since I've no idea what your original one is based on.

hater
02-19-2016, 08:55 PM
Funny how tree huggers here instantky disbelieve a proven Iraq war veteran and hero. The guy got a medalfor saving a fellow soldier. Yet hes making up stories at the neighborhood mcdonalds :lol

:lol idiots

mingus
02-19-2016, 09:11 PM
K0LYvnqyIZc

Obviously, what they're chanting is pretty damn horrible.

But, and I ask this sincerely because I truly don't know, what is the official platform of BLM? Do they have one? I just have always assumed it was a peaceful platform. That's what I remember what it started off as, anyway.

It probably still is, but like I mentioned before an original idea can in the hands of misinformed, stupid social deviants be twisted & applied in ways not ever intended. These people may have appropriate the name, and people who've no legitimate arguments against the original idea will lazily & disingenuously exploit that politically & give them that legitimacy in order to attack the original idea. But to anyone with half a brain it's obvious they're just attacking a strawman and not the intended, original idea. It's the sort of political partisanship bullshit that is the reason I don't--hell can't--watch cable news. You'd have to be retarded pretty much to find it watchable.

Spurminator
02-19-2016, 10:05 PM
You instantly went on defense for the attackers and basically called the victim a liar. You first dismiss it because Breitbart. You are then given more credible links with his quotes and then dismiss his story as made up bullshit. Then you say he could be lying about it to get media attention and money off a gofundme page. That's a shit ton of excuses, but hey don't rush to judgment right?

No, I said it's a far-fetched story that we have no direct evidence to verify. I gave a direct answer to a question of why he would make any of it up. I have no position on this except that (1) violence like this sucks and should be punished, and (2) we've heard one side so far as to what provoked it.

Frankly their motives don't make them any more or less assholes one way or the other. It's just convenient that an unfortunately common assault like this becomes another opportunity for people to shit on an entire group of activists they don't agree with.

TheSanityAnnex
02-19-2016, 10:57 PM
No, I said it's a far-fetched story that we have no direct evidence to verify. I gave a direct answer to a question of why he would make any of it up. I have no position on this except that (1) violence like this sucks and should be punished, and (2) we've heard one side so far as to what provoked it.

Frankly their motives don't make them any more or less assholes one way or the other. It's just convenient that an unfortunately common assault like this becomes another opportunity for people to shit on an entire group of activists they don't agree with.
The whole movement started over a false narrative with Mike Brown, it's not hard to shit on them when they continue on with hands up don't shoot. They also only seem to care about police shootings when it's a white cop killing an unarmed black even though that happens less than 4% of the time in fatal police shootings.

TheSanityAnnex
02-19-2016, 10:58 PM
Best breakdown of police shootings yet.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/investigative/2015/12/26/a-year-of-reckoning-police-fatally-shoot-nearly-1000/

Follow up
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/429094/black-lives-matter-wrong-police-shootings

ChumpDumper
02-19-2016, 11:00 PM
Where did these guys apply to be Black Lives Matter activists?

hater
02-19-2016, 11:09 PM

Where do BLM activists suposed to apply at?

ChumpDumper
02-19-2016, 11:10 PM
Where do BLM activists suposed to apply at?I asked you.

Do you know?

clambake
02-19-2016, 11:14 PM
Funny how tree huggers here instantky disbelieve a proven Iraq war veteran and hero. The guy got a medalfor saving a fellow soldier. Yet hes making up stories at the neighborhood mcdonalds :lol

:lol idiots
guys like wild cobra might give a person pause.

he is all of those things.

hater
02-19-2016, 11:14 PM
I asked you.

Do you know?

So you dont know. Thanks for being an idiot

ChumpDumper
02-19-2016, 11:44 PM
So you dont know. Thanks for being an idiotI asked you.

Do you know?

hater
02-19-2016, 11:48 PM
I asked you.

Do you know?

Yiur qustion claimed to know the qnswer smart ass.

So yiu were lying. Thanks for acting like a dumbass... :rolleyes

ChumpDumper
02-19-2016, 11:51 PM
Yiur qustion claimed to know the qnswer smart ass.Nope.

So yiu were lying. Thanks for acting like a dumbass... :rolleyesI asked you.

Do you know?

hater
02-20-2016, 12:07 AM
Nope.

I asked you.

Do you know?

I never claimed to know

thanks for being a dummy, dummy

ChumpDumper
02-20-2016, 12:33 AM
I never claimed to knowNor did I.

thanks for being a dummy, dummyDon't get pissy because you don't know.

MultiTroll
02-20-2016, 03:19 AM
You can sign up here.
http://blacklivesmatter.com/?s=Austin%2C+Texas

MultiTroll
02-20-2016, 03:21 AM
I never claimed to know

thanks for being a dummy, dummy
Does ChumpDumper ever go outside?
What is Sophist Rumpy feigningWhite Knighting for now?

ChumpDumper
02-20-2016, 11:48 AM
You can sign up here.
http://blacklivesmatter.com/?s=Austin%2C+TexasDid those guys sign up there?

Does ChumpDumper ever go outside?
What is Sophist Rumpy feigningWhite Knighting for now?This is a little too advanced for you, Fabbs. Stick to fapping to pictures of underage Asian baristas.

MultiTroll
02-20-2016, 12:36 PM
Did those guys sign up there?

This is a little too advanced for you, Fabbs. Stick to fapping to pictures of underage Asian baristas.
I don't know. Have you asked them.

Wow, Sophist Chump you really projecting your frustration via fabrication at your being unable to attract perfectly legal age younger.
Have you considered more gym time / less Sophist bandwidth time?

ChumpDumper
02-20-2016, 12:45 PM
I don't know. Have you asked them.So it's completely possible if not likely these guys aren't BLM "activists" at all.

Thanks.

Wow, Sophist Chump you really projecting your frustration via fabrication at your being unable to attract perfectly legal age younger.
Have you considered more gym time / less Sophist bandwidth time?You're the one posting your jailbait fapping material all the time.

People who actually have sex with women don't need to do that.

Now you have to project your weight issues on other people. lol

MultiTroll
02-20-2016, 12:49 PM
So it's completely possible if not likely these guys aren't BLM "activists" at all.

Thanks.

You're welcome. Thought that was evident from the 1st viewing of the incident but, you're welcome nonetheless.

ChumpDumper
02-20-2016, 12:50 PM
You're welcome. Thought that was evident from the 1st viewing of the incident but, you're welcome nonetheless.It's not clear to the others at all.

MultiTroll
02-20-2016, 12:52 PM
You're the one posting your jailbait fapping material all the time.

No see, you apparently are so out of touch / are repelling those younger then you that you consider 18-30 as "jailbait".
You didn't answer about your potentially spending more time in the gym and less sophistry on ST.

MultiTroll
02-20-2016, 12:54 PM
It's not clear to the others at all.
Well now that I have informed you, go on a White Knighting crusade to save "the others". :lol

ChumpDumper
02-20-2016, 12:57 PM
No see, you apparently are so out of touch / are repelling those younger then you that you consider 18-30 as "jailbait".You started the Ariel Winter thread before she was 18.

So you're a liar too.

You didn't answer about your potentially spending more time in the gym and less sophistry on ST.I'm in pretty good shape tbh.

Don't project your weight issues on others. It makes you look insecure.

ChumpDumper
02-20-2016, 12:57 PM
Well now that I have informed you, go on a White Knighting crusade to save "the others". :lolYou informed no one.

There is nothing to save.

boutons_deux
02-20-2016, 01:07 PM
looks like yet another multi-page Chump pissing match underway, where Chump mostly pisses on himself.

ChumpDumper
02-20-2016, 01:18 PM
looks like yet another multi-page Chump pissing match underway, where Chump mostly pisses on himself.Ironic.

MultiTroll
02-20-2016, 02:19 PM
You started the Ariel Winter thread before she was 18.

17 and 10 months is legal in Calif with parental or in her case conservators approval. Or, I stated in the posts Nevada a few short hours away. For any that wanted to pursue. Probably not realistic for the average SpursTalker.
You, being butthurt tried to Sophist it into some issue.
It got no where.
As this is getting no where.
As 'Bouts points out, you're just pissing on yourself.

ChumpDumper
02-20-2016, 02:26 PM
17 and 10 months is legal in Calif with parental or in her case conservators approval. Or, I stated in the posts Nevada a few short hours away. For any that wanted to pursue. Probably not realistic for the average SpursTalker.Thanks for showing you did some real research on this. lol

You, being butthurt tried to Sophist it into some issue.
It got no where.
As this is getting no where.
As 'Bouts points out, you're just pissing on yourself.Sorry, dude. Underage sex is a recurring issue with you.

If it weren't important to you, you wouldn't post about it so much.

If you don't want to get called on it, you shouldn't have made sex with minors your raison d'ętre.

spurraider21
02-20-2016, 03:24 PM
Pretty sure blm is a movement, not an organization. You don't apply for positions.

What's a ChumpDumper approved definition of activist?

ChumpDumper
02-20-2016, 03:36 PM
Pretty sure blm is a movement, not an organization. You don't apply for positions.What are the spurraider21 definitions for each?

What's a ChumpDumper approved definition of activist?Damn, you really were too lazy too look up any other definition, weren't you?

TeyshaBlue
02-20-2016, 03:45 PM
Ironic.

Rock hard irony.

boutons_deux
02-20-2016, 04:07 PM
Ironic.

just pissin' on yerself, as always

boutons_deux
02-20-2016, 04:08 PM
Rock hard irony.

Waddup, Stalker? rock hard? has been absent from your dick for years.

ChumpDumper
02-20-2016, 04:12 PM

Waddup, Stalker? rock hard? has been absent from your dick for years.

TeyshaBlue
02-20-2016, 04:16 PM
Croutons thinks and writes about my dick.

Think about that for a moment.

boutons_deux
02-20-2016, 04:28 PM

... extrapolated from the flaccidity of your brain

TeyshaBlue
02-20-2016, 04:30 PM

deux

spurraider21
02-20-2016, 04:39 PM
Damn, you really were too lazy too look up any other definition, weren't you?
No point as there's a good chance you'd reject that one as bad too. Why can't you just save us all time and give a definition you approve of for activist.

I don't expect you to

ChumpDumper
02-20-2016, 04:43 PM
No point as there's a good chance you'd reject that one as bad too.Depends. The one I found was from a fairly well known source. Pity you can't/won't even try looking beyond the first thing Google spits out at you. I shouldn't expect anything else.

spurraider21
02-20-2016, 04:54 PM
Depends. The one I found was from a fairly well known source. Pity you can't/won't even try looking beyond the first thing Google spits out at you. I shouldn't expect anything else.

Why can't you just save us all time and give a definition you approve of for activist.

I don't expect you to

ChumpDumper
02-20-2016, 04:56 PM
No point as there's a good chance you'd reject that one as bad too. Why can't you just save us all time and give a definition you approve of for activist.

I don't expect you to

Depends. The one I found was from a fairly well known source. Pity you can't/won't even try looking beyond the first thing Google spits out at you. I shouldn't expect anything else.

Th'Pusher
02-20-2016, 05:17 PM
I'm not even sure what you all arguing about, but this is from The New Oxford American Dictionary. Pretty much the authority on the English language.

ac·tiv·ism
/'aktә,vizәm/'ćktә,vɪzәm/
▶n.
the policy or action of using vigorous campaigning to bring about political or social change.
– derivatives
ac·tiv·ist n. & adj.

spurraider21
02-20-2016, 05:22 PM
Basically chump didn't approve of a definition I provided but is refusing to provide his own. It's quite petty

ChumpDumper
02-20-2016, 07:13 PM
Basically chump didn't approve of a definition I provided but is refusing to provide his own. It's quite pettyYou couldn't even try to look for another.

So petty.

spurraider21
02-20-2016, 07:41 PM
You couldn't even try to look for another.

So petty.
i have looked. there's no telling which definitions you would deem permissible, so i'm just asking you to do us all a favor and set the record straight

how would you define "activist"

ChumpDumper
02-20-2016, 07:53 PM
i have looked. there's no telling which definitions you would deem permissible, so i'm just asking you to do us all a favor and set the record straight

how would you define "activist"I'm good with the one Th'Pusher posted. Mirriam-Webster's definition is near-identical.

spurraider21
02-20-2016, 08:05 PM
I'm good with the one Th'Pusher posted. Mirriam-Webster's definition is near-identical.
going by websters definition, do you think the people in the video used "vigorous action"

ChumpDumper
02-20-2016, 08:10 PM
going by websters definition, do you think the people in the video used "vigorous action"That's not the definition.

Sorry. You really tried this time, but you can't overcome your disingenuousness.

spurraider21
02-20-2016, 09:01 PM
That's not the definition.

Sorry. You really tried this time, but you can't overcome your disingenuousness.
:lmao

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/activist

ChumpDumper
02-20-2016, 10:41 PM
:lmao

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/activist:lmao

Thanks for proving it's not the definition.

But I will ask you directly: Do you believe they are BLM activists?

Yes or no.

spurraider21
02-20-2016, 11:21 PM
The definition clearly includes "vigorous action" which you for some reason denied then tried to call me disingenuous

ChumpDumper
02-20-2016, 11:26 PM
The definition clearly includes "vigorous action" which you for some reason denied then tried to call me disingenuousThe disingenuous part is where you exclude everything else in the definition.

Now answer the question: Do you believe they are BLM activists?

This is twice I have asked you.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-21-2016, 08:45 PM
spurraider's 'law school' must be shit seeing how he cannot even argue and weigh semantics. He reads like a petulant child who insists there one way is the only way to look at something.

spurraider21
02-21-2016, 09:10 PM
'law school'
lol. if you want to say something, say it

He reads like a petulant child who insists there one way is the only way to look at something.
i never said there is one way to look at it. in fact, i repeatedly asked chump to provide us with another definition

FuzzyLumpkins
02-21-2016, 09:11 PM
lol. if you want to say something, say it

i never said there is one way to look at it. in fact, i repeatedly asked chump to provide us with another definition

uh-huh and if you cannot figure out what I'm implying on your own youre an idiot.

spurraider21
02-21-2016, 09:12 PM
The disingenuous part is where you exclude everything else in the definition.

Now answer the question: Do you believe they are BLM activists?

This is twice I have asked you.
i don't know. i don't think there's enough information to make that determination.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-21-2016, 09:13 PM
i don't know. i don't think there's enough information to make that determination.

case closed. im moving on.

spurraider21
02-21-2016, 09:14 PM
uh-huh and if you cannot figure out what I'm implying on your own youre an idiot.
context would tell you i know exactly what you're implying. i want you to say it outright

spurraider21
02-21-2016, 09:16 PM
case closed. im moving on.
suddenly my word is gospel. interesting development.

also, case closed? because there isn't enough information at the present time? how about just waiting to see if anything else comes out (not that i think this story is significant on a national scale, but just in principle). every story lacks some information as it develops, doesn't mean it's "case closed" and time to move on

TheSanityAnnex
02-21-2016, 10:26 PM
Chumpdumper apologizes when someone spills water on him.

ChumpDumper
02-22-2016, 12:02 AM
Huh?

RandomGuy
02-22-2016, 10:10 AM
"activist is probably inaccurate" was something you said. so i think it was clear i was referring to you

Hmm. Still not quite following your point.

You posted a big long picture that had the dictionary definition of "activist" and then didn't quite reference it or explain what it meant in reference to what was fairly obviously some snark.

I'm sure it all made sense in your head, and I kinda get it, but the whole thing was a bit ill-formed. No offense.

RandomGuy
02-24-2016, 08:57 AM

So to get to your point, poorly made as it is.

They weren't really "activists" by any reasonable definition of the word, including the one you gave here.

The use of the word was a dishonest attempt to discredit a social movement by taking the worst actions of someone vaguely taking about it and implying by vague association that people in that movement are all violent.

This is an example of "poisoning the well"
http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/poisoning-the-well.html

Does this mean somehow that black males aren't disproportionally and/or unnecessarily killed by the police?

You still need to flesh it out. Not that I expect you to, given your rather lazy posting style.

RandomGuy
02-24-2016, 09:00 AM

Another example of a poorly made point.

Clarity requires more than a sentence to flesh out complex ideas. Dog-whistle drive-bys and copy pasta are poor substitutes for original thinking, IMO.

spurraider21
02-24-2016, 09:56 AM

They weren't really "activists" by any reasonable definition of the word, including the one you gave here.
I think it could certainly be argued that they were activists, particularly by the definition I posted. A "campaign" doesn't have to be a peaceful and respectable one. That said, I already opined that we don't know enough details to make the claim that they were blm activists, but I don't think it can be ruled out.

The use of the word was a dishonest attempt to discredit a social movement by taking the worst actions of someone vaguely taking about it and implying by vague association that people in that movement are all violent.

This is an example of "poisoning the well"
http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/poisoning-the-well.html
No. I didn't attempt to discredit the whole movement with this example. That's you connecting dots that aren't there. I never suggested that the larger blm body advocates this sort of violence

Does this mean somehow that black males aren't disproportionally and/or unnecessarily killed by the police?
Quite an impressive strawman coming from the guy who goes on and on about formal logical fallacies

You still need to flesh it out. Not that I expect you to, given your rather lazy posting style.
:cry
I have also opined that this story isn't relevant on a larger or national scale, and certainly not important enough to spend a lot of time discussing. I just thought it was wrong to claim "they aren't blm activists" when the definitions of activist doesn't really rule that out at all

ChumpDumper
02-24-2016, 11:12 AM
If you can find examples of BLM activists who routinely plan to assault and rob people as part of their campaign to bring attention to the issue of blacks' being shot by police in disproportionate numbers, let us know.

That would be a national story.

spurraider21
02-24-2016, 11:34 AM
If you can find examples of BLM activists who routinely plan to assault and rob people as part of their campaign to bring attention to the issue of blacks' being shot by police in disproportionate numbers, let us know.

That would be a national story.
I'm sure it would be.

ChumpDumper
02-24-2016, 11:36 AM
I'm sure it would be.So you don't have any?

DarrinS
02-24-2016, 11:40 AM
Screw the victim in this story. We need to nail down the definition of "activist". SMH

ChumpDumper
02-24-2016, 11:52 AM
Screw the victim in this story. We need to nail down the definition of "activist". SMHNo one here has said screw the victim or condoned the actions of the perpetrators, Darrin. Calm down.

spurraider21
02-24-2016, 12:34 PM
So you don't have any?
i never indicated that i did or that i was interested in looking for one. so no.

ChumpDumper
02-24-2016, 12:40 PM
i never indicated that i did or that i was interested in looking for one. so no.Exactly.

spurraider21
02-24-2016, 12:42 PM
Exactly.
did i ever imply that there were blm activists who routinely plan to assault and rob people as part of their campaign?

ChumpDumper
02-24-2016, 12:44 PM
did i ever imply that there were blm activists who routinely plan to assault and rob people as part of their campaign?You entertained the notion that the perps in the OP were activists, so yes. You did.

You still think they could be BLM activists because of their "vigorous action."

spurraider21
02-24-2016, 12:45 PM
You entertained the notion that the perps in the OP were activists, so yes. You did.
when did i imply that they routinely planned to assault and rob people?

ChumpDumper
02-24-2016, 12:45 PM
when did i imply that they routinely planned to assault and rob people?You implied this was their vigorous activism.

spurraider21
02-24-2016, 12:53 PM
You implied this was their vigorous activism.
vigorous could just mean forceful or with a use of strength, which could describe the actions in the OP

i'll ask again, when did i imply that they routinely planned to assault and rob people?

ChumpDumper
02-24-2016, 12:56 PM
vigorous could just mean forceful or with a use of strength, which could describe the actions in the OP

i'll ask again, when did i imply that they routinely planned to assault and rob people?By characterizing their actions as activism, genius.

DarrinS
02-24-2016, 12:56 PM
ping pong

spurraider21
02-24-2016, 12:59 PM
By characterizing their actions as activism, genius.
lol. its possible to be an activist and commit one assault. i never suggested that blm activists routinely planned to assault and rob people

RandomGuy
02-24-2016, 01:18 PM
I think it could certainly be argued that they were activists, particularly by the definition I posted. A "campaign" doesn't have to be a peaceful and respectable one. That said, I already opined that we don't know enough details to make the claim that they were blm activists, but I don't think it can be ruled out.

No. I didn't attempt to discredit the whole movement with this example. That's you connecting dots that aren't there. I never suggested that the larger blm body advocates this sort of violence

Quite an impressive strawman coming from the guy who goes on and on about formal logical fallacies

:cry
I have also opined that this story isn't relevant on a larger or national scale, and certainly not important enough to spend a lot of time discussing. I just thought it was wrong to claim "they aren't blm activists" when the definitions of activist doesn't really rule that out at all

Now see, that is the kind of fleshing out that was needed. Your original post didn't really go through any of this, so I had to guess what you meant/think. As you rightly pointed out I got it wrong.

Thank you for elaborating.

spurraider21
02-24-2016, 01:19 PM
Now see, that is the kind of fleshing out that was needed. Your original post didn't really go through any of this, so I had to guess what you meant/think.

Thank you.
or you could try not creating strawmen next time :tu

RandomGuy
02-24-2016, 01:22 PM
or you could try not creating strawmen next time :tu

It isn't quite a strawman if the original assertions were rather poorly made.

As noted, I had to guess, and said as much. I asked for some explanation, and, when none was forthcoming, took my best shot at addressing what I thought your point was, after I gave you a bit of time to outline it.

spurraider21
02-24-2016, 01:25 PM
It isn't quite a strawman if the original assertions were rather poorly made.

As noted, I had to guess, and said as much. I asked for some explanation, and, when none was forthcoming, took my best shot at addressing what I thought your point was, after I gave you a bit of time to outline it.
it absolutely is a strawman if i never said ANYTHING about blacks being disproportionally killed by police in this thread

RandomGuy
02-24-2016, 01:25 PM
Hmm. Still not quite following your point.I kinda get it, but the whole thing was a bit ill-formed. No offense.

I gave a day or two for a response, and admitted I didn't quite understand. Be happy to, and would prefer to, address your actual positions.

Again, thanks for clearing it up a bit.

spurraider21
02-24-2016, 01:26 PM
Strawman:

A straw man is a common form of argument (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_argument) and is an informal fallacy (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Informal_fallacy) based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not advanced by that opponent.

my response timing is irrelevant

RandomGuy
02-24-2016, 01:29 PM
it absolutely is a strawman if i never said ANYTHING about blacks being disproportionally killed by police in this thread

You still need to flesh it out.

Sorry, questions aren't assertions. I was asking you, again, to flesh out what you meant, based on what I thought you said.

spurraider21
02-24-2016, 01:31 PM
questions aren't assertions
:rolleyes randomguy did you stop beating your wife?

you just randomly decided to ask a question like that (which had nothing to do with my point at all)?

ChumpDumper
02-24-2016, 02:40 PM
lol. its possible to be an activist and commit one assault. i never suggested that blm activists routinely planned to assault and rob peopleYou did. The only vigorous action here was the assault and robbery.

Be more careful next time.

spurraider21
02-24-2016, 03:15 PM
You did. The only vigorous action here was the assault and robbery.

Be more careful next time.
Show me were I suggested that they routinely planned to commit assault

ChumpDumper
02-24-2016, 04:34 PM
Show me were I suggested that they routinely planned to commit assaultYou tried to apply the definition.

You're free to back off it now.

spurraider21
02-24-2016, 04:38 PM
You tried to apply the definition.

You're free to back off it now.

lol. its possible to be an activist and commit one assault. i never suggested that blm activists routinely planned to assault and rob people

ChumpDumper
02-24-2016, 04:40 PM
You portrayed the assault as activism.

Your mistake.

spurraider21
02-24-2016, 04:42 PM
You portrayed the assault as activism.

Your mistake.
No I didn't. I portrayed the men as possible activists. That doesn't mean everything they ever do falls under activism.

ChumpDumper
02-24-2016, 04:45 PM
No I didn't. I portrayed the men as possible activists. That doesn't mean everything they ever do falls under activism.The only vigorous action you attributed to them was the assault and robbery and vigorous action was the only way you tried to define activism.

Your mistake.

spurraider21
02-24-2016, 04:46 PM
The only vigorous action you attributed to them was the assault and robbery and vigorous action was the only way you tried to define activism.

Your mistake.
Sure, you're correct there.

I never said or suggested they routinely planned assaults and robberies. You're mistaken there.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-24-2016, 04:53 PM
Sure, you're correct there.

I never said or suggested they routinely planned assaults and robberies. You're mistaken there.

no you said that this one in particular was a BLM activist. you were trying the typical breitbart racist guilt by association schtick.

it's fairly typical for those feeling racial guilt to do that type of moral relativism.

spurraider21
02-24-2016, 05:08 PM
no you said that this one in particular was a BLM activist. you were trying the typical breitbart racist guilt by association schtick.

it's fairly typical for those feeling racial guilt to do that type of moral relativism.
You're just wrong.

- I was the first one in the thread to question OP's claim that they were activists.
- When asked if I thought they were activists, I said I didn't have enough information to make that claim
- However, I suggested and still maintain that this sort of action could still be considered activism by definition

spurraider21
02-24-2016, 05:11 PM
I hope the resident :cry sophist pieces of shit :cry are glad they've derailed the thread into an issue of semantics

hater
02-24-2016, 06:02 PM
As I said the victim a decorated d veteran said they approached him and questioned him what he thought of the black lives movement. Then they were not happy with his reply so they started harrassing him and calling him a racist.

thus there is no question they were BLM activists

dont get me wrong. I will nt believe all BLMs would do this. Doesnt make the title of the thread false thou

the veteran just mentioned it so the BLM movement can condem it. Have they?

FuzzyLumpkins
02-24-2016, 06:15 PM
You're just wrong.

- I was the first one in the thread to question OP's claim that they were activists.
- When asked if I thought they were activists, I said I didn't have enough information to make that claim
- However, I suggested and still maintain that this sort of action could still be considered activism by definition

Youre justifying calling them BLM activists. Split hairs all you like.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-24-2016, 06:17 PM
I hope the resident :cry sophist pieces of shit :cry are glad they've derailed the thread into an issue of semantics

You just said you were the first one to dispute the use of the term activist and now youre whining about it being derailed into semantics. Arguing every assertion and missing the point seems to be your way.

I don't think youre a sophist as I have not labeled that account as such. OTOH, I think you get asshurt, spam, and act petulant. Your round and round with chump underscores it frankly.

spurraider21
02-24-2016, 06:20 PM
You just said you were the first one to dispute the use of the term activist and now youre whining about it being derailed into semantics. Arguing every assertion and missing the point seems to be your way.
at that point i wasn't arguing about terminology or the definition of activist like chump has. the original article posted didn't mention blm at all, iirc, so i was questioning the thread title

FuzzyLumpkins
02-24-2016, 06:21 PM
at that point i wasn't arguing about terminology or the definition of activist like chump has. the original article posted didn't mention blm at all, iirc, so i was questioning the thread title

You said it didn't meet the definition that is how you start such arguments. You've also gleefully participated posting definitions and such.

Hypocrisy suits you.

DarrinS
02-24-2016, 07:27 PM
I don't think youre a sophist as I have not labeled that account as such.

Lol, labeling accounts