DMC
02-19-2016, 06:37 PM
RIP

RD2191
02-19-2016, 07:12 PM
Avante dieded?

SpursforSix
02-19-2016, 07:37 PM
Rip although I really didn't care for his voice. Only song I liked was...yep...Tom Sawyer.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-20-2016, 01:28 AM
Rip although I really didn't care for his voice. Only song I liked was...yep...Tom Sawyer.
Geddy Lee? :lol

bigzak25
02-20-2016, 09:07 AM
Never heard of him. Rip though.

DMC
02-20-2016, 12:22 PM
You fuckers are wrong lol... and uneducated.

Harper Lee wrote "To Kill a Mockingbird" and it's a she.

bigzak25
02-20-2016, 02:37 PM
Dude...I can't be expected to remember an author of a book I read 30 years ago...I do remember boo radley and atticus finch...what was the girls name?

InRareForm
02-20-2016, 02:47 PM
who that?

UNT Eagles 2016
02-20-2016, 03:54 PM
Dude...I can't be expected to remember an author of a book I read 30 years ago...I do remember boo radley and atticus finch...what was the girls name?

Jean Louise but she went by Scout as a little girl.

SpursforSix
02-20-2016, 08:52 PM

Harper apparently.

SpursforSix
02-20-2016, 08:54 PM
For real though, I tried to get through Go Set a Watchman but didn't enjoy it at all. I'm wondering if they really just discovered it as reported.

DMC
02-20-2016, 10:07 PM
There's a reason she didn't publish it.

SpursforSix
02-20-2016, 10:17 PM
There's a reason she didn't publish it.

And I guess there's an obvious reason they did.

Thread
03-02-2016, 07:12 PM
She stands fast her entire life,,,then ruins her legend.

Damn her.

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-02-2016, 08:41 PM
Felt a little concerned when my daughter started calling me by my first name because the only example of fatherhood that called to mind was Homer Simpson. It was oddly comforting when an old teacher reminded me that the kids did the same thing with Atticus.

Also I don't feel like starting a new thread for more dead celebs. RIP to George Kennedy and American Gladiator Hawk.

Thread
03-02-2016, 10:35 PM
Felt a little concerned when my daughter started calling me by my first name because the only example of fatherhood that called to mind was Homer Simpson. It was oddly comforting when an old teacher reminded me that the kids did the same thing with Atticus.

Also I don't feel like starting a new thread for more dead celebs. RIP to George Kennedy and American Gladiator Hawk.

A true stalwart. I read an obit yesterday where his grandson remembered he'd gone on a trip with Kennedy, a book signing event, and the man sat there for 3 hours signing, talking to these people one at a time. Afterward they sat in their hotel room and ate room service. "It means a lot for me to make even the smallest difference in those peoples lives."

Even though it was a corny movie and a super corny character his "Joe Petroni" in the original "Airport" is just fucking incredible. We're introduced to his character via a phone call from Burt Lancaster "Mel" to Patroni's home to request that Joe come out in a winter storm to solve the problem.. He's on the couch with his wife, making out. They chose well here,,,a substantial woman with large breasts. He breaks their kiss to answer the phone. Yack, yack, yack...then "Give me the straight poop, Mel." LMAO!!!

Another off beat film from Kennedy from late '60's..."tick, tick, tick..." A poor man's "In the Heat of the Night." He plays the outgoing sheriff of this small southern town. Jim Brown plays the incoming sheriff. It's not an easy role, but, Kennedy does his duty and it make the film better than it should be. It also contains a nice soundtrack.

Another nice spot for him was in '73's "Thunderbolt & Lightfoot." Portrays a bank robber teamed with Eastwood and Bridges. Kennedy shows his stretch here and he travels twixt innocence, comedy and a lethal bent that costs Bridges/Lightfoot his life. Great movie also with a nice soundtrack from Paul Williams who was big shit then.

So many more...

Millennial_Messiah
01-10-2020, 10:02 PM
monosylab1k

monosylab1k
01-10-2020, 11:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsJMnnKgNjg

Spurtacular
01-12-2020, 01:44 AM

Scout. I got that without looking; but I saw half the movie within the last two years.