PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant & Tim Duncan After Their Final Matchup

T_L_P
02-20-2016, 10:05 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D1sPLLFDYw

I've not seen Timmy that annoyed in a while. Kind surprised that he didn't just BS about Kobe like everyone else though

Pauleta14
02-20-2016, 10:13 AM
:lmao I love Timmy calling their BS celebration!

"I don't know what you want me to say... whatever ya..."

raybies
02-20-2016, 10:18 AM
"But was it as good for you as it was for him?"

keeferob25
02-20-2016, 10:44 AM
This video really couldn't capture or highlight the differences between the two any better. One the ultimate attention whore who is basking in his own glory at the expense of 11+ other guys getting better or developing...while the other is once again on an actual contender and is focused on his team and his team's development and can give a shit about the year long bj everyone's been giving Kome. I can't stop laughing at the first reporter countering Duncan's first "No" with a "NO?!" of his own out of utter shock like Duncan's supposed to read from the Kobe bj strict the entire league and media has been reading from. God I love that guy!

TDomination
02-20-2016, 12:00 PM
Haha Timmy tired of all the kobe talk lol

BadOne
02-20-2016, 12:04 PM
:boboTD = GOAT

MultiTroll
02-20-2016, 12:14 PM
This video really couldn't capture or highlight the differences between the two any better. One the ultimate attention whore who is basking in his own glory at the expense of 11+ other guys getting better or developing...while the other is once again on an actual contender and is focused on his team and his team's development and can give a shit about the year long bj everyone's been giving Kome. I can't stop laughing at the first reporter countering Duncan's first "No" with a "NO?!" of his own out of utter shock like Duncan's supposed to read from the Kobe bj strict the entire league and media has been reading from. God I love that guy!

bic50
02-20-2016, 12:18 PM
Tim looked really annoyed. And understandably so. Like 3-4 question on a row about kobe. :lol

ffadicted
02-20-2016, 12:23 PM
lmao rekked

boutons_deux
02-20-2016, 12:35 PM
TD basically going mostly Pop-style with the press

BatManu20
02-20-2016, 12:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0ju1mgZHTY

Harry Callahan
02-20-2016, 12:44 PM
TD basically going mostly Pop-style with the press

The LA Media lap dogs got their pre-determined narrative bubble burst by TD. It did not compute for some of the talking heads and reporters - so called "journalists". It's kind of funny.

Duncan may not come back next year either, but he is too much of a pro to have a dog and pony show for 82 games + playoffs. He's trying to win championships, not friends - not adulation.

Kobe's ego has to be stroked constantly - thus the dog and pony show is on for him.

BillMc
02-20-2016, 12:56 PM
Timmy is even more authentic than Pop. Most of the time Pop is no BS in his media sessions, but he'll play the media thing and gush about another team or player. Tim will play it for 1 or 2 questions, but after that he'll get sarcastic. And its more genuine sarcasm, I think Pop's thing is an act to prevent future stupid questions. Timmy really is pissed. Funny for a player so stoic and unflappable on the court.

They also act like Kobe was Tim's personal rival. I'd say Shaq, KG, Dirk and to a lesser extent Rasheed were Tim's great rivals during his career. In recent years its been Tim vs. LeBron. Tim vs. the Lakers is so 00's. :lol

KenziE
02-20-2016, 01:10 PM
Wahahaha

fuck kobe tbh -- TD

raybies
02-20-2016, 01:12 PM
Duncan just jealous of pop flirting with kobe. He thought he was the only one for pop.

SPURt
02-20-2016, 01:22 PM
What is Tim supposed to say? Those were horrible questions. "Are you going to miss playing a legend?" What? They're asking the question as if Tim isn't the better player. Tim is worried about the guys like KD/Steph building their resume, not some guy chucking 25 shots in another loss. "How was it playing Kobe for the last time?" Does that question have an answer?

sasaint
02-20-2016, 01:22 PM
Actually Timmy seemed pretty gracious until the last question - the straw that broke the camel's back. It was about as perfect as an interview could get between the REAL GOAT and all the Kobe sycophants. :toast

Kikoluna
02-20-2016, 01:56 PM
It's the first time ever I'm a little annoying by tim. I don't like when players have that ugly tone. No need for that

RGMCSE
02-20-2016, 02:13 PM
It's the first time ever I'm a little annoying by tim. I don't like when players have that ugly tone. No need for that

Get the fuck outta here! Know your place scrub!

Spur|n|Austin
02-20-2016, 02:14 PM

He doesn't like you either so no worries.

sasaint
02-20-2016, 02:23 PM
What is Tim supposed to say? Those were horrible questions. "Are you going to miss playing a legend?" What? They're asking the question as if Tim isn't the better player. Tim is worried about the guys like KD/Steph building their resume, not some guy chucking 25 shots in another loss. "How was it playing Kobe for the last time?" Does that question have an answer?

None of the toadies asking questions grasped the very basic asymmetry in the two players' legacies or situations. Tim = TEAM. Kobe = ME. Not only that, but Kobe is sailing off on a self-promotional tour. Tim is still playing for a contendah. Tim is on to the next game, Kobe on to the next ego banquet.

Kikoluna
02-20-2016, 02:29 PM
He doesn't like you either so no worries.
Ok, just saying his tone was a little rude, no need to release the hounds.

Budkin
02-20-2016, 02:46 PM
Fucking hilarious!

Spurtacular
02-20-2016, 04:06 PM

Kobe bragging about his four playoff wins over the Spurs even as his team just got swept in the season series....

DarrinS
02-20-2016, 04:28 PM
We're movin on

Benoit
02-20-2016, 05:11 PM
Honestly seems like Duncan is a little jealous of the attention Kobe is getting

He should have announced his retirement if he wanted a similar farewell

Taking it to the Hole
02-20-2016, 06:05 PM

Tim is the last person in the NBA anyone could accuse of being jealous of Kobe. He will give Kobe his due for competing against him but Tim knows there is much more to life than just basketball. The media wanted them to look at each other like they were long time rivals but they never really were in each others minds, I believe. The media created that. Tim looks at Kobe just like any other player he has faced. He respects them but he is not going to bend over backwards to praise them just for a five second soundbite.

wildbill2u
02-20-2016, 06:16 PM
Considering Tim's gracious talk about LeBron after their first Championship meeting and so on, I was a little surprised that he didn't say something more fitting to the end of the career of a supersstar. On the other hand, they didn't really have a history of mano a mano personal duels over the years.

Whatever, it won't be remembered past tomorrow.

Knoxxx
02-20-2016, 06:58 PM
I thought Kobe was more of a prick than anything once you get past him being a great player. So what else is there to talk about, once you have beaten the latter horse to death, then to a bloody pulp stain as happened how many weeks ago?

InRareForm
02-20-2016, 07:25 PM
Kobe is great... but I think we realize Kobe was no saint... timmy knows this.

tim_duncan_fan
02-20-2016, 07:47 PM
This video really couldn't capture or highlight the differences between the two any better. One the ultimate attention whore who is basking in his own glory at the expense of 11+ other guys getting better or developing... while the other is once again on an actual contender and is focused on his team and his team's development and can give a shit about the year long bj everyone's been giving Kome. I can't stop laughing at the first reporter countering Duncan's first "No" with a "NO?!" of his own out of utter shock like Duncan's supposed to read from the Kobe bj strict the entire league and media has been reading from. God I love that guy!
To be fair, the bold isn't exactly true unless we see some major growth from from Simmons and Anderson over these last few games.

The last "Tim v Kobe" game is kinda a big deal, historically speaking.

Russo21
02-21-2016, 01:46 AM
Stupid questions with perfect answers from Tim, even the body language topped it off, he did seem very annoyed and good on him for it. I mean what else was he supposed to say. Stupid questions deserve perfectly stupid responses. I love the No and the deadpanned look after the question will you miss playing with him anymore lol.

Tim and Shaq had more respect for each other. Remember the fist bump Tim and Shaq did after one of the Spurs victory's in the finals vs the Heat, can't remember if it was 2013 or 2014.

Proxy
02-21-2016, 02:33 PM
I don't think there's anything to read from TD's interview there. Seems like he was already annoyed at something unrelated to the interview

boutons_deux
02-21-2016, 02:35 PM
Tim could have been more sympathetic about the end of a historic matchup, no need to be so damn cold.

daslicer
02-21-2016, 02:45 PM
Stupid questions with perfect answers from Tim, even the body language topped it off, he did seem very annoyed and good on him for it. I mean what else was he supposed to say. Stupid questions deserve perfectly stupid responses. I love the No and the deadpanned look after the question will you miss playing with him anymore lol.

Tim and Shaq had more respect for each other. Remember the fist bump Tim and Shaq did after one of the Spurs victory's in the finals vs the Heat, can't remember if it was 2013 or 2014.
It was 2013 game 1 when they gave the fist bump to each other. Duncan respects all-time greats like Lebron,Shaq because they just like him were able to elevate the level of play of the players around them. Also just like him had all the responsibility of carrying the weight of the team on their shoulders.

TampaDude
02-21-2016, 09:04 PM
Colorado is known for two things: Legal Pot and Kobe Rape :lol

pgardn
02-21-2016, 09:12 PM
Tim could have been more sympathetic about the end of a historic matchup, no need to be so damn cold.

You mean the Lakers against the Spurs when the Lakers were good.
Yes.

Well ya see the questions did not center around this. And it's been done for a while. The Lakersare busy with a farewell tour, not in playing as a basketball team and trying to get better.

daledondale
02-21-2016, 09:16 PM
:lmao

james evans
02-22-2016, 11:24 AM
Tim is the last person in the NBA anyone could accuse of being jealous of Kobe. He will give Kobe his due for competing against him but Tim knows there is much more to life than just basketball. The media wanted them to look at each other like they were long time rivals but they never really were in each others minds, I believe. The media created that. Tim looks at Kobe just like any other player he has faced. He respects them but he is not going to bend over backwards to praise them just for a five second soundbite.
it really pisses me off when people say, "kobe vs duncan rivalry". hahaha. Where the fuck have these people been? They are rewriting history in front of us. Have you ever heard anyone say, "Pippen vs Drexler rivalry" in 92 finals? or what about, "Worthy vs Bird rivalry" in the 80s? How the fuck does a #2 option for 8 years, 3 straight titles, and 4 finals appearances become the 1st option in the history books almost overnight?

daslicer
02-22-2016, 12:09 PM
it really pisses me off when people say, "kobe vs duncan rivalry". hahaha. Where the fuck have these people been? They are rewriting history in front of us. Have you ever heard anyone say, "Pippen vs Drexler rivalry" in 92 finals? or what about, "Worthy vs Bird rivalry" in the 80s? How the fuck does a #2 option for 8 years, 3 straight titles, and 4 finals appearances become the 1st option in the history books almost overnight?

They are trying to make Duncan-Kobe like it was a Magic-Bird rivalry when it wasn't.

The Reckoning
02-22-2016, 12:20 PM
Kobe's a POS. you can tell that by no one wanting to play with him anymore. Duncan sees that.

DontStopBelieving
02-22-2016, 12:21 PM

You're trolling is awful

lefty
02-22-2016, 12:29 PM
"But was it as good for you as it was for him?"
:lmao

Budkin
02-22-2016, 12:35 PM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-2fx3kka2pYE/UZ5VVROhz_I/AAAAAAAAACw/c_g-8PlT9W4/s1600/kobe_face.jpg

NameLess Scrub
02-22-2016, 02:56 PM
To be a little fair with Kobe, he can afford to have the tour because his team is going nowhere this year.
It does seem unfair he wouldn't give more space for player development (play less minutes, take less shots).

I think Timmy could have been honest that he doesn't care much, and be polite at the same time... j/s

DeRozan m8
02-22-2016, 05:12 PM
Deadset...I'm so glad Tim won't be going out as the embarrassment Kobe is tbh

letmk
02-22-2016, 06:31 PM
I totally understand what TD tries to say. It's not like it's a SuperBowl game, and a player may get only one chance in his career to play in. After so many games between the two teams for so many years, all the talk about unique feeling is just man(media)-made fake stuff.