PDA

View Full Version : who is your top 3 under 10per realistic targets for off season signings.

apalisoc_9
02-20-2016, 02:40 PM
Ive looked through the last few days for unrestricted free agents and it doesnt look like there will be any potential huge signings that could help Kawhi prime. Next year is not the market for All-star Caliber sign up. Durant won't sign here. A huge question mark is if TD returns, if he does...I would rather they wait for 2017 Serge Ibaka, hed be perfect alongside Kawhi and Aldridge. I would go Hard on Noel or Ibaka in 17 tbh....Plus need to save money for a really good guard in 17.

Anyways, here is my list for top 3. I'm using my phone so excuse my typos.

1. Evan Turner - Brad Stevens fixed him. He's a legit team player that could play three obvious needs. A wing, a tall guard, a ball handler. He's also pretty competitive. Doesnt complain when the touches arent there. His defense is concerning. And while He can play different roles, his effectivness drops significantly if hes utilized off ball. The biggest thing he will bring is his ability to breakdown defenses. I'm not that high on him but a 10 for 2 years deal will make him tradable if doesnt work out.

2. Ersan Ilyasova -His post defense Sucks and hes an overall underwhelming player on D. He is no matt bonner but there is issues. He reboubds the ball really well and boxes out all the time. He is still a a good three point shooter. He plays the 4, but you can play him some minutes at the three. His post Defense wont be that big of an issue, not a whole lot of post up guys. If he can be had at 10/2..would be worth a gamble imo.

3. Roy Hibbert - Insurance player 3/2

raybies
02-20-2016, 03:29 PM
1) G. Vasquez point guard in a shooting guards body. Might be cheaper since he's coming off injuries. Gonna need playmakers post Manu. Plus he would be invaluable against the warriors.

2) E. Turner like this pick. Wanted to take a chance on him a few years ago.

3) L. Thomas can play in the post. Probably be real cheap and you can use him in matchup advantages.

4) R. Hibbert resurrection project? Gonna need a rim protector. Should be cheap too. Low risk high reward scenario. Has some connections with Tim. Mental toughness red flag?

5) A. Varejao does he have anything left in the tank. Can he still shoot at the top of the key for potential high low. Can he still guard the pick and roll.

Listed 5 cause 2 of them you said.

Honorable mention: Norris Cole, Wayne Ellington

apalisoc_9
02-20-2016, 03:35 PM
Wayne ellington and lance thomas are decent options. I had no idea they are UFA next year. I would pay a million dollars to the spurs not to sign vazques though. Varejao.will play 2 games.out of his 160 game contract

Spurtacular
02-20-2016, 03:43 PM
Not Corpse McCallum aka The Black Ollie.

Kawhitstorm
02-20-2016, 04:37 PM
I would go Hard on Noel or Ibaka in 17 tbh....Plus need to save money for a really good guard in 17.

-Ibaka/Noel haven't been better than Ian who can be had for half the price this upcoming summer

1. Evan Turner - Brad Stevens fixed him. He's a legit team player that could play three obvious needs. A wing, a tall guard, a ball handler. He's also pretty competitive. Doesnt complain when the touches arent there. His defense is concerning. And while He can play different roles, his effectivness drops significantly if hes utilized off ball. The biggest thing he will bring is his ability to breakdown defenses. I'm not that high on him but a 10 for 2 years deal will make him tradable if doesnt work out.

-Evan Turner & Fathead would be a TERRIBLE combo.:lol (Throw in Simmons in there & it would be a complete disaster:lol)

-He's actually a VERY GOOD defender (he had Bron huffing & puffing during their most recent meeting)

-He's going to get MORE than a 2yr/10 mill contract. (Stuckey got a 3 yr/21 mill deal playing a similar role under the OLD CBA)

Again, I suggest trading Fathead of MCW who as a rookie had better advanced stats than Turner when they were on the same team. The younger MCW also has a fixable shot (38% on corner 3) unlike Turner who's shooting 15% from 3.:lol MCW is also quicker & can check PGs unlike Turner which is what the team is lacking.

2. Ersan Ilyasova -His post defense Sucks and hes an overall underwhelming player on D. He is no matt bonner but there is issues. He reboubds the ball really well and boxes out all the time. He is still a a good three point shooter. He plays the 4, but you can play him some minutes at the three. His post Defense wont be that big of an issue, not a whole lot of post up guys. If he can be had at 10/2..would be worth a gamble imo.

Ilyasova is a fuckin' enigmatic player like Dick Jefferson. He has all the skillsets to be a borderline all-star but he's has no fire & often time looks bored (he's the exact opposite of Draymond:lol). Much rather go after a hustle stretch 4 like Jon Leuer who can be had for dirt cheap & won't mind being the 10th man.

3. Roy Hibbert - Insurance player 3/2

If someone steals Boban then I wouldn't mind Hibbert as the 5th big otherwise you can't expect anything from that guy any longer just like his fellow Ex-Pacer Lance.:lol His fall from grace reminds me of Jamaal "The Big Cat" Magloire; when slow footed big guys fall...they hit rock bottom & never bounce back.

I would expect a D-West type deal for Hibbert 2yr/vet min (2nd year player option)

apalisoc_9
02-20-2016, 04:46 PM
-Stop it with Mahinmi bro. I dont want kawhi to be surrounded with limited talent. Imo, Turner off ball defense is putrid. Maybe he defended lebron well.but his overall 82 game defense is going to be underwhelming.

- Illyasova has had to play with shitty teams his whole career though. Hes had a couple of season where he played super motivated and looked like a flat out All-star. He just needs a competitive atmosphere. If its possible to get him for cheap, its worth the gamble. His Talent is All-Star level.

- I would take Mahinmi as Backup center but at 29..i really doubt hed want a reduced role.

Kawhitstorm
02-20-2016, 04:55 PM
Frontcourt:
1) Noah
2) Pau
3) Ian

Backcourt:
1) Courtney Lee (can start when Danny is slumping)
2) Mayo (primed for a career revival ala Charlotte Diaw)
3) Trade Fathead for MCW

Random bench fillers:
-Jon Leuer

Draft:
-Gary Payton II (shorter version of MCW)

Overseas stash:
-Bertans

Annual ring chaser:
-Deng

r0drig0lac
02-20-2016, 05:02 PM
ideal off season imo
1- Bertans (replace Bonner)
2- Batum paying below the max (Ray slot)
3- De Colo or Hanga (if Manu retire)

apalisoc_9
02-20-2016, 05:22 PM
I wouldnt mind giving mayo a shot. Should be cheap though.

Kawhitstorm
02-20-2016, 05:25 PM
-Stop it with Mahinmi bro. I dont want kawhi to be surrounded with limited talent. Imo, Turner off ball defense is putrid. Maybe he defended lebron well.but his overall 82 game defense is going to be underwhelming.

- Illyasova has had to play with shitty teams his whole career though. Hes had a couple of season where he played super motivated and looked like a flat out All-star. He just needs a competitive atmosphere. If its possible to get him for cheap, its worth the gamble. His Talent is All-Star level.

- I would take Mahinmi as Backup center but at 29..i really doubt hed want a reduced role.

If you don't want Kawhi surrounded by limited talent then you might want to take Ibaka/Noel off the list b/c they are both LIMITED & will be asking for a MAX. Ibaka has been pretty mediocre in the postseason when he isn't playing the Spurs & Noel ain't much better than Capela who is also 21.

In the perfect world, you would sign Ian/Pau but chances are they both want to start so it ISN'T "realistic". In any case, I feel like the Pacers will re-sign Ian b/c they have no reason not to do so.

Kawhitstorm
02-20-2016, 05:26 PM
ideal off season imo
1- Bertans (replace Bonner)
2- Batum paying below the max (Ray slot)
3- De Colo or Hanga (if Manu retire)

:lmao

Spurtacular
02-20-2016, 05:28 PM
Apa spending the day playing with himself...

Kawhitstorm
02-20-2016, 05:32 PM
I wouldnt mind giving mayo a shot. Should be cheap though.

He's a notorious choker but he would be decent in the "Marco" role coming off the bench alongside someone like MCW. I much rather have Lee since he's a better defender & has an underrated off the dribble game ala Jason Terry.

Kawhitstorm
02-20-2016, 05:33 PM
Apa spending the day playing with himself...

Spurtacular spending the day playing with his vagina.:wakeup

Spurtacular
02-20-2016, 05:39 PM
Spurtacular spending the day playing with his vagina.:wakeup

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/3d/ca/c3/3dcac3fb0f38394f9c19fe7345670b63.gif

BD24
02-20-2016, 06:07 PM
As others have said I would be cool with Turner. Although Vasquez makes sense I really hate him and it would be hard for me to bring myself to root for him.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
02-20-2016, 10:04 PM
Pau

Chinook
02-20-2016, 10:47 PM
Spurs won't have a max slot in 2017 if they sign any significant multi-year contracts in 2016. So with that in mind, picking up some guys on expiring contracts wouldn't be horrible. Splitter would be one of those options, though I think the Hawks would want to hold onto him. I wouldn't even mind Kevin Martin once he opts in. Hell, the team could even claim Ersan if he's waived. Unless they pull off some way to get Horford, I think they shouldn't look at next season as a contending season. Just get solid rotation players for as cheap as you can (asset-wise) and go from there.

sasaint
02-20-2016, 11:34 PM
Nando de Colo's name has come up in a couple of threads lately. Perhaps we could give him a second shot.

More (in no particular order):

1. Meyers Leonard
2. Kent Bazemore
3. E'Twaun Moore
4. Allen Crabbe
5. Ian Mahinmi

Kawhitstorm
02-21-2016, 12:26 AM
Spurs won't have a max slot in 2017 if they sign any significant multi-year contracts in 2016. So with that in mind, picking up some guys on expiring contracts wouldn't be horrible. Splitter would be one of those options, though I think the Hawks would want to hold onto him. I wouldn't even mind Kevin Martin once he opts in. Hell, the team could even claim Ersan if he's waived. Unless they pull off some way to get Horford, I think they shouldn't look at next season as a contending season. Just get solid rotation players for as cheap as you can (asset-wise) and go from there.

-Noah is probably going to sign a one year deal with a player option (ala Deng) to prove himself & get paid in 2017. Tyson Chandler essentially got a max after being left for dead in a matter of one season (2010-11).

-Pau is most likely looking for one last pay day so he will probably ask another 3 year deal similar to what Garnett got at 36.

-What the hell are the Spurs going to trade in order to acquire Martin unless he's bought-out?:lol

-Mayo seems like a guy that would sign a one year deal w/ a player option just like he did w/ the Mavs b/c he is having a shitty season.

Kawhitstorm
02-21-2016, 12:30 AM
Nando de Colo's name has come up in a couple of threads lately. Perhaps we could give him a second shot.

If Nando/Manu didn't work, how in the hell is Nando/Kyle going to work?:lol

1. Meyers Leonard Looking for 1st major payday (Overpriced)

2. Kent Bazemore Looking for 1st major payday (Overpriced)

3. E'Twaun Moore Decent replacement for Ray

4. Allen Crabbe Playing to well, will be re-signed by the Blazers

5. Ian Mahinmi Playing to well, will be re-signed by the Pacers

Chinook
02-21-2016, 12:45 AM
-Noah is probably going to sign a one year deal with a player option (ala Deng) to prove himself & get paid in 2017. Tyson Chandler essentially got a max after being left for dead in a matter of one season (2010-11).

For some reason, you're assuming Noah isn't done. I don't know why you think that. Nene pretty much ended Joakim's prime a couple of years ago. No way I want to be on the other side of that player option.

-Pau is most likely looking for one last pay day so he will probably ask another 3 year deal similar to what Garnett got at 36.

And he's not a bad choice in a vacuum, but just like in 2015, I'm not keen to lock Pau into multiple years yet. While right now he's good enough to be a starting big for a couple more seasons, he can fall off any day. Just look at Noah.

-What the hell are the Spurs going to trade in order to acquire Martin unless he's bought-out?:lol

There's literally nothing funny about that statement. The Spurs will or can have cap space next off-season. They just aren't likely to have a max slot. So they could absorb Martin's salary without having to send any of their own. And Minny's not looking for an asset, hence why they might buy him out this season. I could totally see him being traded for the Hawks pick in July.

-Mayo seems like a guy that would sign a one year deal w/ a player option just like he did w/ the Mavs b/c he is having a shitty season.

Again, player options are bad for the Spurs next season. They don't want to miss out on max guys because Noah or Mayo had a bad season and decide to opt in. If the Spurs are willing to offer anything beyond a first year, it needs to be either a team option or just another year. You don't give sucky players that power when you need cap space.

SpurPadre
02-21-2016, 12:52 AM

More (in no particular order):

1. Meyers Leonard
2. Kent Bazemore
3. E'Twaun Moore
4. Allen Crabbe
5. Ian Mahinmi

De Culo? Surely you jest.

SAGirl
02-21-2016, 12:53 AM
There are some interesting targets here. Depends who is retiring or not and the moves the team plans for 2017. It also depends on who from this season will be resigned: Boban, West.

Realistically, we are probably getting one of Bertans or Cady. Maybe they compete for a spot? Or we get both? I'd really like a guard but that could com's through the draft like Cojo although we won't see that guy play until a couple of more seasons by then who knows with Pop. Spurs also have to decide if they resign Ray.

I like to look at these lists but I am drawing a blank. Too many variables right now and b4 seeing who is going to show up or not in the postseason.

Kawhitstorm
02-21-2016, 01:44 AM
For some reason, you're assuming Noah isn't done. I don't know why you think that. Nene pretty much ended Joakim's prime a couple of years ago. No way I want to be on the other side of that player option.

Based on your logic:
-Hibbert ended Bosh's career the 2013 posteason.:lmao
-Nene ended Chandler's career in the 2009 postseason.:lmao
-LeBron ended Tiago's career in the 2013 Finals.:lmao
-Perkins ended Pau's career in the 2008 Finals:lmao
-Dirk ended Pau's career in the 2011 postseason.:lmao

The Bulls made him out to be a franchise player just like Bogut/Bucks when he's an over-hyped role player. Nobody is signing Noah expecting him to be an MVP candidate :lol but rather a past-prime under 30 minute type player like Bogut w/ the Worriers.
Tyson Chandler/Bogut were supposed to be toast but they ended up anchoring a championship defense.:wakeup

And he's not a bad choice in a vacuum, but just like in 2015, I'm not keen to lock Pau into multiple years yet. While right now he's good enough to be a starting big for a couple more seasons, he can fall off any day. Just look at Noah.

I'm not a fan of a Pau/LMA pairing & Pau ACTUALLY fell off in his last 3 seasons w/ the Lakers when he was the same age as Noah but guess what?.....he had a career revival when he moved away from a cancer franchise that used & abused him. Deng looked toast w/ the Bulls then signed with a sensible franchise & is now he's the iron man of the Heats starting lineup.:lol

There's literally nothing funny about that statement. The Spurs will or can have cap space next off-season. They just aren't likely to have a max slot. So they could absorb Martin's salary without having to send any of their own. And Minny's not looking for an asset, hence why they might buy him out this season. I could totally see him being traded for the Hawks pick in July.

If RC is going to use 7 mill of the cap space on K-Mart then he might as well hand the trophy to the Worriers.:lol

Again, player options are bad for the Spurs next season. They don't want to miss out on max guys because Noah or Mayo had a bad season and decide to opt in. If the Spurs are willing to offer anything beyond a first year, it needs to be either a team option or just another year. You don't give sucky players that power when you need cap space.

Then good luck signing any decent players & remaining a contender.:lol Only scrubs from the D-league/Europe will agree to 2yr deal w/ the 2nd one being a team option. :lol

Chinook
02-21-2016, 02:13 AM
Based on your logic:
-Hibbert ended Bosh's career the 2013 posteason.:lmao
-Nene ended Chandler's career in the 2009 postseason.:lmao
-LeBron ended Tiago's career in the 2013 Finals.:lmao
-Perkins ended Pau's career in the 2008 Finals:lmao
-Dirk ended Pau's career in the 2011 postseason.:lmao

Why can't you be even a slightly non-shitty poster for more than a post at a time? None of what you said made any sense. First off, I said nothing about ending careers. Secondly, Bosh beat Hibbert in 2013 en route to a title. Chandler was 26 when he lost to Denver. Tiago didn't look done in 2013 and had a great 2014. Pau was a 19/10 guy the next season. He was a 17/10 in 2011-2012. Noah's been awful for two years in a row now. And he's over 30. To expect an Indian summer from him when the only guy who's had anything like it on your list is easily the best player and one who's been significantly better even as an old man than Noah's ever been.

None of those were good examples. And even if they were, they miss the point. Player options are only bad for teams. If Noah pulls out of his tailspin, he opts out with the team having no Bird rights. If he doesn't the team is stuck unable to do anything in 2018's free agency because they have a terrible expiring. In previous years when the team was consistently over the cap, it made sense. Now, it doesn't.

If RC is going to use 7 mill of the cap space on K-Mart then he might as well hand the trophy to the Worriers.:lol

Yeah, because giving twice as much to Noah's gonna be better.

Then good luck signing any decent players & remaining a contender.:lol

They're not going to be a contender next season if they lose Tim and Manu. I thought that was obvious. And it's not because you can't replace them. It's because they've been playing at a dramatically reduced salary for years, and the team will need at least a season to normalize their roster to reflect the economic reality of the league.

Kawhitstorm
02-21-2016, 03:45 AM
To expect an Indian summer from him when the only guy who's had anything like it on your list is easily the best player and one who's been significantly better even as an old man than Noah's ever been.

-Old man Bogut is better than Noah when All-NBA 1st Team defense Bogut fared worse against the Cavs than Noah playing on a knee that require surgery:lmao
-All-Star Tyson Chandler got his ass handed to him by Hibbert the 2013 posteason:lmao
-Meanwhile Noah playing on a gimpy knee was the best player on a team that handed the Worriers (the team to beat) their last regular season home loss:

pVu2oXY8dbE

Player options are only bad for teams. If Noah pulls out of his tailspin, he opts out with the team having no Bird rights. If he doesn't the team is stuck unable to do anything in 2018's free agency because they have a terrible expiring. In previous years when the team was consistently over the cap, it made sense. Now, it doesn't.

No shits Sherlock, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that PLAYER options favor the PLAYERS.:lol It's a freaking players league unlike the NFL thus unless they have incompetent agents why in the hell would anyone with market value not negotiate a player option?

Yeah, because giving twice as much to Noah's gonna be better.

I'm pretty sure the risk-reward w/ K-Mart is worth half a starting center's salary.:lol

They're not going to be a contender next season if they lose Tim and Manu. I thought that was obvious. And it's not because you can't replace them. It's because they've been playing at a dramatically reduced salary for years, and the team will need at least a season to normalize their roster to reflect the economic reality of the league.

Oh so, you're suggesting they waste one season of LMA's prime & whatever is left of Porker like the Mavs wasted Dirk's career teaming him up w/ K-Mart level players after annually trying & failing to land the proverbial big fish.:lol Meanwhile the only time they won a title was when they took a chance on an injury prone center who had been left for dead.:lol

Porker is going to be at the helms until he 2018 so might as well gamble on basically a 2 year contract on Noah along a playmaker (& hopefully draft someone like GPII) b/c Porker/Diaw are only going to get worse & Softridge isn't going to get any better. If it doesn't workout you dump BOTH Noah/Porker (also Diaw if he's still on the team) & reload in 2018 (http://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/2018/) while Kawhi is entering the PEAK of his prime.

Putting your eggs in one basket & maxing out Horford (the same dude who got outplayed by Tristan Thompson in his all-star season:lol) doesn't sound so appealing. Besides, just like I mentioned earlier they might be left hanging like the Mavs since Miami is trying to recruit Horford using his dominican roots.:lol

Drom John
02-21-2016, 10:22 AM
#1 Boban Marjonovic, taking all the increase in cap.

I see only one clear opening, 15th man Matt Bonner, replaced by near minimum salaried player.

#2 Davis Bertans / Cady Lalanne / 1st round draft choice.