PDA

View Full Version : Is Aldridge putting up empty numbers?

spursistan
02-20-2016, 05:18 PM
Quite lowly RPM metrics...For a guy who is putting 17/8 in almost 30 MPG, being ranked 18th on the PF list and only 79th overall in the league (1.26 RPM) while playing for 46-9 team smacks of that..

The thing is that he wasn't this bad with Blazers in those metrics..Even his so-called impact on our D doesn't add up in DRPM (83rd for a big.:()

Spurtacular
02-20-2016, 05:21 PM
Quite lowly RPM metrics...For a guy who is putting 17/8 in almost 30 MPG, being ranked 18th on the PF list and only 79th overall in the league (1.26 RPM) while playing for 46-9 team smacks of that..

The thing is that he wasn't this bad with Blazers..Even his so-called impact on our D doesn't add up in DRPM (83rd for a big.:()

He may have been worse on the Blazers, tbh. I remember him always bailing the other team out with 22 foot bricks fading left in the last five minutes of games. Spurs don't let him do that sh**

apalisoc_9
02-20-2016, 05:21 PM

The thing is that he wasn't this bad with Blazers in those metrics..Even his so-called impact on our D doesn't add up in DRPM (83rd for a big.:()

Yeah...

Benoit
02-20-2016, 05:23 PM
We have been saying this on WarriorsWorld since the off-season, he reminds us of a more talented Antawn Jamison

Aldridge is not a scary player, hes a loser

apalisoc_9
02-20-2016, 05:28 PM
We have been saying this on WarriorsWorld since the off-season, he reminds us of a more talented Antawn Jamison

Kawhi should be enough to beat curry-draymond-klay...

Spurtacular
02-20-2016, 05:30 PM

Is a more talented Antwan Jamison a bad thing at the end of the day?

Benoit
02-20-2016, 05:33 PM
Is a more talented Antwan Jamison a bad thing at the end of the day?

lmao if you want to win real games then ya

Hoops Czar
02-20-2016, 05:33 PM

He's been putting up empty stats his entire career.:lol

Kawhitstorm
02-20-2016, 05:40 PM

That's a good comparison, I gotta give it to ya.:lol I don't even think he's more talented, just BIGGER & a better post defender.

Spurtacular
02-20-2016, 05:41 PM

Jamison was a scary player coming out of college. If LMA plays within himself, he can be a net positive. I don't look at it like the Spurs will win or lose a championship based on LMA 'stepping up.'

dabom
02-20-2016, 05:48 PM
Nope.

BillMc
02-20-2016, 05:50 PM
Nope.
+1

TheGreatYacht
02-20-2016, 05:51 PM
Nope.

Brian Windhorst
02-20-2016, 05:53 PM
Even neutral metric numbers are good insofar as he takes possessions away from Parker dribble.

spursistan
02-20-2016, 06:14 PM
FWIW, he now has the highest USG% on the team..

houston spurs fan
02-20-2016, 06:31 PM
Best record to start in franchise history. No.

BD24
02-20-2016, 07:18 PM
Right, we aren't that far off matching last years win total already. I am sure that just magically happened and has nothing to do with LMA :rolleyes

Horse
02-20-2016, 07:22 PM
One ring after years in the gutter and now you're an expert?

ceperez
02-20-2016, 07:30 PM
No argument here than Aldridge makes Spurs a better team over an injured prone Splitter.

However, Kawhi, West, Anderson, Simmons and Boban all have made Spurs a better team.

The only player who has regressed is Danny Green.

The important question is whether Aldridge can help Spurs win against contending teams. So far the verdict is that his contribution against contenders has been minimal.

Russ
02-20-2016, 07:37 PM
To quote the great Frederick Exley in that great work of 20th Century literature, "A Fan's Notes:"

"It's too soon to tell.''

100%duncan
02-20-2016, 07:42 PM
No

apalisoc_9
02-20-2016, 08:23 PM
FWIW, he now has the highest USG% on the team..

And still 4 points behind Kawhi :lol

Talk about baby feeding and still failing.

bdictjames
02-20-2016, 08:33 PM
His defense is pretty atrocious. Not having his feet set, back pedaling, I hope Duncan works with him over the summer to improve his defense and fundamentals. He has potential, hopefully he gets to learn something about being some semblance of a franchise player.

SouthernFried
02-20-2016, 08:55 PM
Aldridge is just a piece. He is better than Tiago, but still not the person you rely on to win a championship...but, he is a piece of it. And not a piece we should center our offense around. His role should be more like a D West, but with better D. Offense shouldn't be so focused in getting him shots.

Unfortunately, it looks like we will have to rely on the "big 3" and Kawhi, at least one more time if we have a chance to win. Manu will have to play, Parker will have to play, and Duncan will have to play...and all well. They can get away playing less minutes, but I don't think this team without them playing well has a chance. Still, if they have it in them one more time....

Kawhitstorm
02-20-2016, 09:07 PM
We all know what happened to the Blazers after looking like world beaters in the regular season.:wakeup

houston spurs fan
02-20-2016, 10:11 PM
We all know what happened to the Blazers after looking like world beaters in the regular season.:wakeup
Apples to oranges man...that's a rediculous comparison. Terry fucking Stotts for goodness sakes...What would satisfy you, a perfect record.l?? I know you are a new fan here but that's not who our team is...

Kawhitstorm
02-20-2016, 10:19 PM
Apples to oranges man...that's a rediculous comparison. Terry fucking Stotts for goodness sakes...What would satisfy you, a perfect record.l?? I know you are a new fan here but that's not who our team is...

Terry Stotts is only a COY candidate this season AFTER dumping LMA.:lol

houston spurs fan
02-21-2016, 01:05 AM
Terry Stotts is only a COY candidate this season AFTER dumping LMA.:lol
Dude, this says it all about your basketball iq... Trolling??

Kawhitstorm
02-21-2016, 01:51 AM
Dude, this says it all about your basketball iq... Trolling??

Translation: You have the reading comprehension skills of a turd.

DMC
02-21-2016, 02:22 AM
Why is it always you same few faggots who start these stupid threads, switch user accounts and respond over and over? What do you hope to achieve? Are you bedfast, wheelchair bound? Just curious what inspires someone to have 20 accounts and talk to himself all the time on a forum few people actually visit.

skulls138
02-21-2016, 11:21 AM
Aldridge is just a piece. He is better than Tiago, but still not the person you rely on to win a championship...but, he is a piece of it. And not a piece we should center our offense around. His role should be more like a D West, but with better D. Offense shouldn't be so focused in getting him shots.

Unfortunately, it looks like we will have to rely on the "big 3" and Kawhi, at least one more time if we have a chance to win. Manu will have to play, Parker will have to play, and Duncan will have to play...and all well. They can get away playing less minutes, but I don't think this team without them playing well has a chance. Still, if they have it in them one more time....Well he needs to play better and more consistently in offense, defense and rebounds. There is no championship without him.

MultiTroll
02-21-2016, 11:27 AM
When his jumper is off, I'd like to see him play real close to the basket. Get the pass into him very low. He is bulky enough that he can establish position thus cannot be shoved out by most players. If Fatmond Green tries his pushy shit again, Aldridge needs to shove him the f back. And if WarriorRef tweets, Pop needs to get off his ass and ream WarriorRef.

Go down fighting.

skulls138
02-21-2016, 11:41 AM
When his jumper is off, I'd like to see him play real close to the basket. Get the pass into him very low. He is bulky enough that he can establish position thus cannot be shoved out by most players. If Fatmond Green tries his pushy shit again, Aldridge needs to shove him the f back. And if WarriorRef tweets, Pop needs to get off his ass and ream WarriorRef.

Go down fighting.He needs to go down low first and foremost earlier in the shot clock, the jumper should be a bail out shot, or if he starts to get hot. Inside first and rebounding

MultiTroll
02-21-2016, 11:43 AM
He needs to go down low first and foremost earlier in the shot clock, the jumper should be a bail out shot, or if he starts to get hot. Inside first and rebounding
Exactly. Currently he is setting up for the midrange.