PDA

View Full Version : Spanking Reflects More Risk In White Families ???

spurs=bling
09-25-2005, 12:38 AM
i just want to know who in the world comes up with shit like this.
i know its kinda dumb to post but my friend emailed it to me.
to me its stupid, what do you all think??

Spanking Reflects More Risk In White Families
Children who are more frequently spanked before age 2 are at greater risk for having behaviorial problems by the time they reach elementary school, according to research by a Johns Hopkins University professor.

However, Eric Slade said, while that's true for white children, it does not appear to be the case for African-American or Hispanic kids.

He said that shows that the broader family context has an influence on later behavior, not just spanking.
Previous studies have noted that spanking may be viewed with greater acceptance by African-American families and therefore is less likely to be seen as unfair or harsh treatment by children and parents.

In white families, where spanking may be viewed negatively, frequent spanking before age 2 could be an indicator of other associated child development risk factors, such as high parent stress.

Researchers found that white mothers who spanked their children more frequently were more likely to be depressed, had lower incomes and were less educated. The same factors were not associated with African-American or Hispanic mothers who spanked their children more frequently.

In the study of nearly 2,000 families, 39 percent of the mothers reported spanking their child once in the past week. Nearly 36 percent of white, 49 percent of African-American and 32 percent of Hispanic mothers reported spanking their infants at least once in the past week.

The average of spankings in the past week was 3.2 for whites, 3.9 for African-Americans and 2.7 for Hispanics, according to the study. The average number of spankings for the entire group was 3.4 in the past week.

The study was published in the May 2004 issue of Pediatrics.

HB22inSA
09-25-2005, 12:45 AM
I got my ass spanked all the time, and I have absolutely no behav...okay, I'm really fucked up!!!

:)

spurs=bling
09-25-2005, 12:48 AM
I got my ass spanked all the time, and I have absolutely no behav...okay, I'm really fucked up!!!

:lol

TastesLikeChicken
09-25-2005, 01:57 AM
I've heard spanking helps reduce your chance of prostate problems

MasterYoda
09-25-2005, 02:05 AM
hey, nothing wrong with spanking...but what kind of fuckin idiot parents spank their kids when their under 2? okay, maybe there are some big 1 1/2 year olds...but seriously, spanking should be reserved for when the kid understands the difference between right and wrong...and can understand a parental explanation of why they are being punished...

mouse
09-25-2005, 02:13 AM
http://www.hoes.com/spanking.html

get your spank on.

http://www.spankingcenter.com/bdsm/spanking/overtheknee/spanking/17.jpg

PizzaFace
09-25-2005, 02:33 AM
I believe in spanking.

Tres_Till_it_MHz
09-25-2005, 03:17 AM
Haha, yeah I wish I got the paddle.

My pops made me drag a a huge chopped down branch with leaves and all, back and forth for hours and hours. Now I'm fucked up beacuse of it.

Summers
09-25-2005, 07:38 AM
Maybe it's just coincidence, but the little boy I babysit just turned 3. His parents spank him and he's a mean little bastard.

jochhejaam
09-25-2005, 07:58 AM
I got spanked often (switch or belt) but nothing I would call abuse, and more like once or twice a week. It seemed Like every Sunday when we got home my Mom would tell my Dad (the Preacher) that we were talking in church and that meant 'it's spankin' time baby'...we should have told them we were praying :lol .
We also got lots of love so that sort of overwhelmed the discipline.

Oh, and they mellowed out with age, our youngest brother (of 5 kids) never got spanked.

ObiwanGinobili
09-25-2005, 09:19 AM
We (4kids) all got spanked.:tu But it was all dependant on us individually...... for instancce my brother got spanked more often (he just didin;t ever learn when to STFU) and my sister hardly ever got spanked... I guess I got spanked soemwhere in the middle. I could go weeks at a time without a spanking.. then i'd just get in all kinds of trouble and get like 4 in 1 day. :lol

I'm gonna be spanking my kids too..... when & if they need it. As it is my little girl just gets the hand slap once and a while right now....& occasionaly a little motivation on her diaper. She listens really really well after that.

spurs=bling
09-25-2005, 09:32 AM
hey, nothing wrong with spanking...but what kind of fuckin idiot parents spank their kids when their under 2? okay, maybe there are some big 1 1/2 year olds...but seriously, spanking should be reserved for when the kid understands the difference between right and wrong...and can understand a parental explanation of why they are being punished...
you make a good point, 2 year olds don't understand what the hell is going on.

Marklar MM
09-25-2005, 09:37 AM
Spank hard and spank often. They don't even have to be your kids, just spank em.

Johnny Tightlips
09-25-2005, 09:46 AM
Who says I been spankin'?

Vashner
09-25-2005, 10:02 AM
Yea I am becoming blind myself...

spurs=bling
09-25-2005, 08:28 PM
I got spanked often (switch or belt) but nothing I would call abuse, and more like once or twice a week. It seemed Like every Sunday when we got home my Mom would tell my Dad (the Preacher) that we were talking in church and that meant 'it's spankin' time baby'...we should have told them we were praying :lol .
We also got lots of love so that sort of overwhelmed the discipline.

Oh, and they mellowed out with age, our youngest brother (of 5 kids) never got spanked.
same thing here except my dad is not a preacher :lol

TOP-CHERRY
09-25-2005, 08:32 PM
Spanking's good; if you don't, your kids will become brats.

spurs=bling
09-25-2005, 08:38 PM

very true.

conversekid
09-25-2005, 11:43 PM
you make a good point, 2 year olds don't understand what the hell is going on.
You've obviously never had 2 year olds. 2 year olds know and understand more than you can imagine. spank the little rats!!

ObiwanGinobili
09-26-2005, 09:25 AM

can I get an AMEN!??!!

SWC Bonfire
09-26-2005, 09:28 AM
A switch off of the peach tree was my mother's weapon of choice.

My dad used his belt. That was for serious offenses. :lol

Trainwreck2100
09-26-2005, 09:28 AM
Mexicans are different, the women don't just spank but they use a variety of missiles from shoes to frying pans.

TOP-CHERRY
09-26-2005, 09:31 AM
My dad always used the belt... or his hand. But he only did it a few times, and BOY DID THEY HURT LIKE HELL!!!
But I learned my lessons...

Clandestino
09-26-2005, 09:33 AM
Mexicans are different, the women don't just spank but they use a variety of missiles from shoes to frying pans.

flyswatters.

batman2883
09-26-2005, 09:33 AM
Shit i used to get spanked like a mofo, especially when i wet the bed

batman2883
09-26-2005, 09:34 AM
Spankings are good, i actually thank my parents for instilling that discipline in me as a child now that im an adult.....i realize that without that i probably would have been a gang member, druggie, or drop out without that discipline.....

MsMcGillyCutty
09-26-2005, 09:37 AM
I enjoy a good spanking now and then......and again. :oops

Trainwreck2100
09-26-2005, 09:38 AM
flyswatters.

Spatulas, thank God for the teflon cause those metal ones hurt. Don't piss your mom off when she's cooking.

TheTruth
09-26-2005, 09:44 AM
Shit i used to get spanked like a mofo, especially when i wet the bed
your mom still hits you?

batman2883
09-26-2005, 09:46 AM
I enjoy a good spanking now and then......and again. :oops
make sure to attend the next GTG then

ObiwanGinobili
09-26-2005, 10:27 AM
Spatulas, thank God for the teflon cause those metal ones hurt. Don't piss your mom off when she's cooking.

my mom had my dad route the edges and a handle with finger grips onto a 1x4. Then she carved onto it "The Rod".
owww!
SHe kept it on a shelf above the sink and after a few swats with that sucker al lshe had to do was point at it and we were instatnly little angles groveling at her feet. :lol

SWC Bonfire
09-26-2005, 10:37 AM
Too bad she didn't swat you with the "spelling stick". :lol

ShoogarBear
09-26-2005, 11:00 AM
i realize that without that i probably would have been a gang member, druggie, or drop out without that discipline.....

Yeah, now you're a fine, upstanding, 40-time-a-day contributor to the "use three words" thread.

Jimcs50
09-26-2005, 11:10 AM
I believe the loss of privileges works more effectively than spanking.

When I was in school, I always choose licks over detention because I wanted my free time after school. Once the licks were over, the pain was gone and then it was back to normal.

Fonzie
09-26-2005, 11:11 AM
A good butt whuppin' helped me turn out cool.

ObiwanGinobili
09-26-2005, 12:00 PM
I believe the loss of privileges works more effectively than spanking.

When I was in school, I always choose licks over detention because I wanted my free time after school. Once the licks were over, the pain was gone and then it was back to normal.

in our house it was never and either or thing.
ok occasionaly it was either or.. the punishment was fit to the crime.
but the usuall punishment of choice was a 3 step process.
1. butt whoppin.
2. time out or sit there crying while mom gives you a huge lecture in which you are expected to listen and respond intelligably
3. your then handed all kinds of new bedtimes, chores, no TV, half the stuff in your room was removed by dad while mom was giving you the 3 hour lecture..... etc etc

we called my mom the "drill sargent" :lol

batman2883
09-26-2005, 12:10 PM
Yeah, now you're a fine, upstanding, 40-time-a-day contributor to the "use three words" thread.

No need to hate on me shoogabear, no need at all...

Cant_Be_Faded
09-26-2005, 01:01 PM
I think spanking before 2 is wrong...thats way too young...

But spanking definitely instilled the sense of discipline i have in me today. My cousin married a white chick, who didnt believe in spanking. Their kids are soo undisciplined and spoiled. Always throwing tantrums.

Every time i see them I feel sorry for the parents when those kids turn into teenagers

MiNuS
09-26-2005, 01:10 PM
I got the belt several times. The hand but it never was on the butt.

I witnessed my aunt hitting my cousin with a plastic bat once after he was using it to hit his sister.

Yes Mexican "spanking" is borderline physical abuse by today's standards.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-26-2005, 01:15 PM
I got the belt, the whip, the hand, and a fly swatter once

TOP-CHERRY
09-26-2005, 01:28 PM
http://mx.geocities.com/aveceslaley/logoficial.jpg
They rock.

batman2883
09-26-2005, 01:31 PM
I got an iron skillet to the head once for laughing as my mom slapped me, i deserved it though

TOP-CHERRY
09-26-2005, 01:32 PM
I got an iron skillet to the head once for laughing as my mom slapped me, i deserved it though
:lmao
It was always worse if you laughed...

batman2883
09-26-2005, 01:33 PM
Man my mom would slap me as i got older and i'd be like "mother was that a fly that just landed on my cheek" and then id laugh and then one day i turned away and bam right on the head....i wasnt laughing after that

Cant_Be_Faded
09-26-2005, 01:38 PM
rofl
i did the same thing
i didnt get a skillet though

JoeChalupa
09-26-2005, 01:39 PM
I got some good "chancladas" growing up.

Kori Ellis
09-26-2005, 01:40 PM
I never got spanked/hit as a kid .. not even once. And I don't think I'd ever spank my kids either.

batman2883
09-26-2005, 01:41 PM
Man i cant wait to spank the crap out of my kids...the moment they step out of line im gonna pull out my uncles ocixem belt...

JoeChalupa
09-26-2005, 01:43 PM
I've spanked mine but have had to only a few times and I don't regret doing it.

Use what works for you and your family.

MiNuS
09-26-2005, 01:51 PM
They rock.
they haven't been the same since Rodrigo Aboitiz (keyboard/Synth arrangements) left the group. My opinion.
I've been a big fan since the early 90's when Doble Opuesto came out.

batman2883
09-26-2005, 01:53 PM
oh man one time i said i was going to call the cops on my mom for child abuse.......totally not the right thing to do.....oh man i got it even worse..ha ha haha ha then she said no go ahead and call the police, and tell them to pick up the dead boy at this address....

MiNuS
09-26-2005, 01:55 PM
oh man one time i said i was going to call the cops on my mom for child abuse.......totally not the right thing to do.....oh man i got it even worse..ha ha haha ha then she said no go ahead and call the police, and tell them to pick up the dead boy at this address....
daaaammn that's mooki-esque!

batman2883
09-26-2005, 01:56 PM
I love my mom though once again if it hadn't of been for those disciplinary actions i probaby wouldnt be in college right now

LuvBones
09-26-2005, 01:56 PM
My mom would use whatever was closest in reach.. the belt, her shoe, a hairbrush, the tv remote.. :lol
After a while she'd just pick it up and act like she was going to throw it and we'd take off running. :lol

MiNuS
09-26-2005, 01:58 PM
My mom would use whatever was closest in reach.. the belt, her shoe, a hairbrush, the tv remote.. :lol
After a while she'd just pick it up and act like she was going to throw it and we'd take off running. :lol
do you ever get flashbacks?

ShoogarBear
09-26-2005, 02:26 PM
No need to hate on me shoogabear, no need at all...

Not hatin', just a little verbal spankin'. It's good for you.

Ginofan
09-26-2005, 02:59 PM
Dude, I got everything! The belt, the shoe, the hand, and I was threatened with a wooden spoon! I think it did me good in the long run, else I probably would've been alot more brattier than I am now.

I think it's okay to NOT spank your kids, just as long as there's some type of discipline there. I can't stand the parent that just turns the blind eye to their "Toddler of Terror" and just says "oh stop" in a soft voice not even looking at the kid. I swear to myself that none of my kids will ever act like the screaming brats I see every other day at the store or at the clinic, anywhere really. If they think they can run around like retards screaming and touching stuff they aren't supposed to they have another thing coming!

Shelly
09-26-2005, 04:01 PM
My mom stabbed me in the arm for using a double negative one time too many. She even drew blood.

I do speak correctly now.

SWC Bonfire
09-26-2005, 04:36 PM
My mom stabbed me in the arm for using a double negative one time too many. She even drew blood.

I do speak correctly now.

Don't never do that again.

bigzak25
09-26-2005, 04:38 PM
i did not not know that...wow shell....

Shelly
09-26-2005, 04:44 PM
i did not not know that...wow shell....

No, it was funny. I used to do that just to piss her off when I was in my "I hate mom" stage. My mom is the grammar queen. It was a one time event and we laugh about it to this day. My parents and I are very close.

jcrod
09-26-2005, 04:48 PM
My dad would mostly use his 21/2 inch belt with three set of holes running up and down it. Man did that thing hurt, my mom only hit us once and boy did she go after us with that stick. Obviously I hated it back then and said I would never do it to my kids.

I don't and everybody (teachers, family, friends and strangers) says my 8yr girl is the best behaved child they have ever seen. She has her moments, but never in front of people. You don't need to hit to get your point across.

jcrod
09-26-2005, 04:52 PM
BTW, My parents both now know they mishandled things. My dad for doing it and my mom for allowing it, not just the physical abuse, but the verbal threatning. They would never do it to their grandkids and I wouldn't allow it.

ShoogarBear
09-26-2005, 04:56 PM
I've spanked mine but have had to only a few times and I don't regret doing it.

Sig material. :lol

jochhejaam
09-26-2005, 05:09 PM
The switch or the belt wouldn't have hurt as much if they had let me keep my pants up...what was up with that? :lol

spurs=bling
09-26-2005, 05:28 PM
My dad always used the belt... or his hand. But he only did it a few times, and BOY DID THEY HURT LIKE HELL!!!
But I learned my lessons...

same here.

bigzak25
09-26-2005, 05:38 PM

your mom is quite funny...sorry you had to get your butt beat, but dayum, that made me laff...:lol

spurs=bling
09-26-2005, 05:40 PM
:lmao :lmao

tlongII
09-26-2005, 05:43 PM
I spank the monkey.

bigzak25
09-26-2005, 05:44 PM
Sig material. :lol

agreed! :lmao

spurs=bling
09-26-2005, 06:27 PM
I spank the monkey.
:rolleyes