PDA

View Full Version : The People vs OJ

SpursforSix
02-21-2016, 08:50 PM
Dvr'd it so far and didn't know if I was going to watch it. Caught up on the first three and thought it was pretty good. Nothing groundbreaking but kind of fun to reminisce. I remember them breaking in in the finals. And also the Stern fan trolling Al Michaels with a prank call on live tv in front of millions. "Oh it's the tensest." And getting in a baba booey.

Although I can't stand the constant references to the Kardashian kids.

Avante
03-01-2016, 02:06 AM
Since ya have...ANOTHER....failed thread. (stick to Avante threads, ok?)

I was in Fresno in 196-mmmm? at a big track meet. The next event on the track the JC 4x1 relay. I'm checking out the entrants.....

I get to SFCC and....Orenthal James Simpson, I thought...."cool name". The cat has a huge head.

I had no idea he lead the nation in rushing as a JCer, but that was the first time I became aware of him. He wasn't the stud sprinter on that team, that was Byron Stone.

Simpson (ran a 9.4) would go on to run track art USC there he was on a World Record 4x1 team with...

Hurdler...Earl McCullouch (Lions receiver)
Former JC record (9.3) holder....Fred Kuller (white cat)
Jamaican Lennox Miller..he won the silver/bronze in the 100m at the 69/72 Olympics.

clambake
03-01-2016, 12:18 PM
"I just wish i could run from my past"

Avante
03-01-2016, 12:23 PM
"I just wish i could run from my past"

Hahahahahahahaha......dude, are you simply retarded?

clambake
03-01-2016, 12:26 PM
"luckily, kids can't run fast"

clambake
03-01-2016, 12:27 PM
"I watched some movie called Predator. Not what i expected."

Caltex2
03-03-2016, 02:39 AM
Dvr'd it so far and didn't know if I was going to watch it. Caught up on the first three and thought it was pretty good. Nothing groundbreaking but kind of fun to reminisce. I remember them breaking in in the finals. And also the Stern fan trolling Al Michaels with a prank call on live tv in front of millions. "Oh it's the tensest." And getting in a baba booey.

They know the Kardashians are a gold mine for ratings.

SpursforSix
03-03-2016, 10:05 AM
They know the Kardashians are a gold mine for ratings.

There's no doubt.

Watched the 4th episode last night. It's OK I guess but I'm losing interest. They started the episode with Johnny Cochran getting pulled over with his 2 daughters in the car. The cop made him get out of the car and cuffed him before eventually releasing him. This is like the day before the trial. If this didn't really happen, I'm not sure why they felt the need to trick up an already unbelievable story. I get that it's TV but seems like they're really trying to focus on the race thing.

Caltex2
03-03-2016, 12:47 PM
Actually, the event portrayed happened in 1982 (there was a caption just before) and you don't have much longer to go. There's only 2-3 episodes left. I'm confused as to why they chose Cuba Gooding Jr. to portray Juice. There's no obscure actor they couldn't have pulled? Since both are well known people, all I see when I see OJ is Cuba Jr.

SpursforSix
03-03-2016, 12:56 PM
Actually, the event portrayed happened in 1982 (there was a caption just before) and you don't have much longer to go. There's only 2-3 episodes left. I'm confused as to why they chose Cuba Gooding Jr. to portray Juice. There no obscure actor they couldn't have pulled? Since both a well known people, all I see when I see OJ is Cuba Jr.

yeah...I didn't like the choice much either. I don't think he's a great actor anyway. He was the weakest link in Boyz in the Hood imo.

Avante
03-03-2016, 03:00 PM
"luckily, kids can't run fast"

Dude, Betty Robinson won the Olympic 100m at 16, ok? And there are HS kids faster than NFL receivers, ok?

Yep, wrong as usual.

Avante
03-03-2016, 03:02 PM
I've stood about 20 feet from O.J. at a track meet (SFCC days).The first thing ya notice....HUGE..head.

Simpson was a 9.4 sprinter while at USC, he'd take 5/6th in the NCAA indoor 60/outdoor 100 and did run a leg on that Trojans World Record 4x1 team. That's about it for his track exploits.

But, at 215 pounds he was one of the best size with speed examples for a RB. He was faster than Dickerson, and close to Walker and Bo.

So if ever the trivia question is...

Heisman winner with a world record in track.....O.J.Simpson. And if ya realy wanna stump somebody....

What other NFLer to be ran on that same Trojan World Record 4x1 team with O.J....?

School

Score

Wind

Charlie Green

University of Nebraska at Kearney

Lennox Miller

University of Southern California

Robert Rovere

East Tennessee State University

Fred Kuller

Jerry Bright

Arizona State University

O.J. Simpson

Jim Lee

University of Maryland, College Park

Jim Freeman

Murray State University

That is the 1967 NCAA 100 yard final. notice USC?

Fred Kuller a former JC record holder at 9.3 while at Santa Ana JC, a white cat. Lennox Miler one of those great Jamaican sprinters. Would win the silver in the 100m at the 68 Oly and bronze in 72.

Rovere. Bright and Kuller all white, a rarity.

gospursgojas
03-03-2016, 07:53 PM
I cant wait to find out what the verdict is!!! Great show!

Caltex2
03-03-2016, 08:22 PM
There is no final verdict. OJ gets shot by an angry family member of the victim before the trial ends. Historically accurate too.

Koolaid_Man
03-03-2016, 08:44 PM

OJ is a scum....killed that beautiful white woman

Koolaid_Man
03-03-2016, 08:45 PM
Who kills pussy that nice and sweet... Fucking douche

DeadlyDynasty
03-07-2016, 05:36 AM
I'm really enjoying it, tbh...Courtney Vance was born for JC's role. That scene in the preliminary hearings where he rebuts Darden's racial concerns, then ends it with a "nigga please" was epic.

SpursforSix
03-07-2016, 10:11 AM
They had a Dateline special on the OJ trial last night which was interesting. They interviewed Marcia Clark and the other black attorney, Carl Douglas on OJ's team. Both were very candid. Douglas talked about how poor the prosecutor strategy was. Especially on the glove debacle. Never run a demonstration that you don't know exactly what the outcome will be. Darden realized the mistake too late.

MultiTroll
03-09-2016, 06:47 PM
She seems pretty depressed.
http://ll-media.tmz.com/2016/02/03/0203-sydney-simpson-splash-4.jpg

SpursforSix
03-09-2016, 06:48 PM
^ nice try but Al Cowlings is black.