PDA

View Full Version : People with Great app ideas....

apalisoc_9
02-22-2016, 01:14 AM
So I've been working on a game app for the last six months as a sidejob. I made a deal with someone for a total of 30k for the whole project..5k money down and you get paid based on progress.

I was looking for more customers so I can quit my current job and work with my underwear on so I went ahead and looked at some local job. I ended reading 5 totals "need a developer" add today all posted within the last three days.

None of them want to pay developers. They are willing to give percentage of the app sales doe. :lmao..How can people wanting to enter the market be this clueless...:lol

ElNono
02-22-2016, 02:40 AM
Mobile has been a terrible market for quite a bit now unless you have some serious marketing muscle. We're still making money on our own apps, but generally speaking we're no longer doing contract work in that area.

Frankly, most of our money right now is coming off contract work on a different field.

Unfortunately, with the advent of outsourcing to India for a lot of this shit (we get emails almost every week), it really has gone down the drain.