PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: ESPN- Steph Curry has surpassed Jordan

Benoit
02-22-2016, 01:50 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14806737/stephen-curry-surpassing-even-michael-jordan-epic-season

(http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14806737/stephen-curry-surpassing-even-michael-jordan-epic-season)

Benoit
02-22-2016, 01:50 PM
Nice article full of facts and stats to back up the authors point

I think Steph needs more rings to surpass Mike's career but I think hes having a better season than MJ ever had

Joseph Kony
02-22-2016, 01:57 PM
Career wise obviously not even close (yet). But this may be the best single season we have ever seen from a player. Curry on the perimeter is like Shaq under the basket.

Benoit
02-22-2016, 02:13 PM
Career wise obviously not even close (yet). But this may be the best single season we have ever seen from a player. Curry on the perimeter is like Shaq under the basket.

Thanks brother

resistanze
02-22-2016, 02:16 PM
Offensively you can at least make an argument. Overall, hell no, not the way Lillard lit him up :lol

tlongII
02-22-2016, 02:16 PM
Damian Lillard says no.

daslicer
02-22-2016, 02:18 PM
Damian Lillard says no.

John Wall also says no.

Chris
02-22-2016, 02:34 PM
Remember when Jordan was a injury prone scrub for the first 3 years of his career? Me neither...

spurraider21
02-22-2016, 02:44 PM
Remember when Jordan was a injury prone scrub for the first 3 years of his career? Me neither...
i dont remember curry being a scrub for 3 years either

DMC
02-22-2016, 02:47 PM
Everyone is better than Jordan if you need someone better to sell copy.

Too bad the rest of ESPN put him out of the top 20.

Benoit
02-22-2016, 02:53 PM
Everyone is better than Jordan if you need someone better to sell copy.

Too bad the rest of ESPN put him out of the top 20.

That stupid list(that had Kobe at 12:rollin) is based on career long accomplishments

This article is about Steph having the best season we have ever seen in the NBA

Kawhitstorm
02-22-2016, 02:53 PM
Dirk had also supposedly surpassed Bird in 2006-07 before he got shitted on by Stephen Jackson.
Curry needs to dominate Delly in a postseason series before he's mentioned in the same breath as Jorn.:wakeup

Benoit
02-22-2016, 02:56 PM
I agree with you guys that Steph needs to do it a lot longer to catch Michael and Kobe at the top of the mountain

RsxPiimp
02-22-2016, 04:41 PM
Fucking ESPN man :lol didn't they put Wade's 2006 NBA Finals performance as the greatest in NBA history? Lol

Koolaid_Man
02-22-2016, 04:54 PM

I think Steph needs more rings to surpass Mike's career but I think hes having a better season than MJ ever had

Nah you can't compare today's soft league with that man's game back then....I love Steph to Def. ..but he couldn't have played in the 80's or 90's it was to fucking hardcore like being on a Prison level 3 yard...where you hear tooth brushes scraping the floor. .....niggas getting prepped for war.....

Steph would have gotten murdered back then it's a metro sexual league now and I'm glad Kobe getting out just in time. ....

Mitch
02-22-2016, 05:12 PM
Fucking ESPN man :lol didn't they put Wade's 2006 NBA Finals performance as the greatest in NBA history? Lol

ESPN is a credible source around here now :tu

:lol

Blue Duck
02-22-2016, 05:17 PM
Nah you can't compare today's soft league with that man's game back then.

Holy shit, prison metaphors aside, I totally agree with a Kool Aid Man take. The league was allot rougher back and the rules did not favor offensive minded players as they do today. One thing spurs fans must begrudgingly admit to, is that during the league's transitional years from brutal contact sport to score, score score...kobe never chimed in amongst the chorus of whiners, "Bruce is being mean to me!"

Koolaid_Man
02-22-2016, 05:19 PM
ESPN is a credible source around here now :tu

:lol yep....they know what they doing when they pull out the feather to start tickling dee asses...Spur fan fall for dee ole ass tickle every time :lol

Koolaid_Man
02-22-2016, 05:20 PM
Holy shit, prison metaphors aside, I totally agree with a Kool Aid Man take. The league was allot rougher back and the rules did not favor offensive minded players as they do today. One thing spurs fans must begrudgingly admit to, is that during the league's transitional years from brutal contact sport to score, score score...kobe never chimed in amongst the chorus of whiners, "Bruce is being mean to me!"

Nope he just tore Bruce 2 new ass holes that's all :lOl

Ps: and the name is Kool or KAM don't ever fucking spell out my name like that with spaces and shit....that's hoe shit

spurraider21
02-22-2016, 05:20 PM

Buddy Mignon
02-22-2016, 05:23 PM
Wilt averaged 50/30. Steph is not even a top 5 PG... lil nigga just runs off picks all day.

Koolaid_Man
02-22-2016, 05:25 PM
Wilt averaged 50/30. Steph is not even a top 5 PG... lil nigga just runs off picks all day.

Yep....but let's just give the lil nigga some Space to repeat.....I want to see it...:lol

* knock on wood

~O~
02-22-2016, 05:51 PM
Curry is not an overall better player than Jordan however his offensive game is much more complete than Jordan's. Jordan would average more 2 point field goal attempts and less in threes. Jordan could get past anyone. Jordan had the size and genetic athleticism to finish. Jordan finished his career almost shooting 50% Jordan Averaged 30 his entire career. Jordan could not be stopped. Jordan would score and sure as shit did not want anyone scoring on him. He won a defensive player of the league because he was one of the best defensive shooting guards in NBA history.

Curry is the best three point shooter of all time.already. Curry has 3 times as much three point attempts as Jordan. Granted that Curry won't have a high usage because of how their team works, he won't ever have as many points per game nor career points as Jordan. Had curry been in the league earlier (came in at 21), he would have had more points to show for in the league.

This is not really a fair comparison. Stephen Curry is great elite despite how limited he is in comparison to a majority of the freak athletes in the league. Jordan not only capitalized on his genetic gifts, he also became elite at the fundamentals. Various players in the league could be like Jordan but lack the work ethic and currently players are spoiled with wealth, pussy(or paid for it), groupies, and self interest.

You knows whats FUNNY? Curry and LJ were born in Akron Ohio. I don't think Cleveland fans know that.

http://s20.postimg.org/ms8ugcict/Capture.png

DMC
02-22-2016, 06:45 PM
That stupid list(that had Kobe at 12:rollin) is based on career long accomplishments

If you just want to know about right now, then sure. Jeff Ayers is better than Jordan right now (but it would be close).

Like I said, every player has some category, if you cherry pick the criteria, that makes them better than Jordan.

DMC
02-22-2016, 06:47 PM
Curry is not an overall better player than Jordan however his offensive game is much more complete than Jordan's. Jordan would average more 2 point field goal attempts and less in threes. Jordan could get past anyone. Jordan had the size and genetic athleticism to finish. Jordan finished his career almost shooting 50% Jordan Averaged 30 his entire career. Jordan could not be stopped. Jordan would score and sure as shit did not want anyone scoring on him. He won a defensive player of the league because he was one of the best defensive shooting guards in NBA history.

Curry is the best three point shooter of all time.already. Curry has 3 times as much three point attempts as Jordan. Granted that Curry won't have a high usage because of how their team works, he won't ever have as many points per game nor career points as Jordan. Had curry been in the league earlier (came in at 21), he would have had more points to show for in the league.

This is not really a fair comparison. Stephen Curry is great elite despite how limited he is in comparison to a majority of the freak athletes in the league. Jordan not only capitalized on his genetic gifts, he also became elite at the fundamentals. Various players in the league could be like Jordan but lack the work ethic and currently players are spoiled with wealth, pussy(or paid for it), groupies, and self interest.

You knows whats FUNNY? Curry and LJ were born in Akron Ohio. I don't think Cleveland fans know that.

They were born in the same hospital. It's weird. It's like how Lkrfan and RobDiaz were brought in by the same coyote.

TDMVPDPOY
02-22-2016, 08:52 PM
jordan plays some form of defense, curry doesnt

most of jordans pts are his midrange and inside game, while curry loves to shoot 10 3s a game....

Chris
02-22-2016, 08:59 PM
jordan plays some form of defense, curry doesnt

most of jordans pts are his midrange and inside game, while curry loves to shoot 10 3s a game....

Which are set up by illegal screens that would make 2014-2015 Clippers team blush

dbreiden83080
02-22-2016, 09:00 PM
I think hes having a better season than MJ ever had

https://media.giphy.com/media/ruCDEf6F1a5OM/giphy.gif

Kawhitstorm
02-22-2016, 09:25 PM

The same media folks that voted for Kirby as Final MVP in 2010:lol

02-22-2016, 09:54 PM

You're a terrible troll

lefty
02-23-2016, 11:27 AM
Offensively you can at least make an argument.
:lol no

ambchang
02-23-2016, 12:12 PM
Curry is most definitely having a historical season, and the numbers back that up, however ....

1) The league had fewer teams back then, so the drop from starters to backup is less so because the talent gap isn't as much. This has a direct impact on VORP or BSPM
2) Jordan was miles better on defense
3) Curry had the entire offense designed around him, because the rule changes allowed it. The league rules today strongly discourages double teams, which allows a single player to put up phenomenal stats.

Again, it is no coincidence that wing players have been dominating the last decade or so. Players like Curry, Westbrook, Durant, Lebron, Harden , Rose, and Wade would still be really good players in any other era, but I am not sold that they will be able to dominate the way they did at their peaks. A player like Wade was really a surprise in terms of how dominant he became, and that is why he was drafted 5th in the draft (and a surprisingly high pick at that point), instead of 2nd, 3rd or 4th. Granted it was a loaded draft, but his skill set wouldn't have been as effective in a league with illegal defense, hand checking, and a closed down lane. Same with Rose, Harden and Westbrook. They are not the first supremely athletic wing players the league have ever seen, but they are the first generation to have rules that are friendly to their games.

Horse
02-23-2016, 01:52 PM

What the fuck are you smoking all steph does is shoot. No post game not much else.

Shane27
02-23-2016, 01:59 PM

Are you trying to say that Curry is better/more complete offensively than Jordan because he shoots the 3 better and more often? LOL. Jordan still shot the 3 at a decent clip, but didn't have to chuck 10 times a game because his midrange game and driving were so efficient. He didn't need to take a less efficient shot like Steph does.

Benoit
02-23-2016, 02:01 PM
^^ Steph is more efficient than MJ

Chris
02-23-2016, 03:00 PM
Curry is most definitely having a historical season, and the numbers back that up, however ....

1) The league had fewer teams back then, so the drop from starters to backup is less so because the talent gap isn't as much. This has a direct impact on VORP or BSPM
3) Curry had the entire offense designed around him, because the rule changes allowed it. The league rules today strongly discourages double teams, which allows a single player to put up phenomenal stats.

Again, it is no coincidence that wing players have been dominating the last decade or so. Players like Curry, Westbrook, Durant, Lebron, Harden , Rose, and Wade would still be really good players in any other era, but I am not sold that they will be able to dominate the way they did at their peaks. A player like Wade was really a surprise in terms of how dominant he became, and that is why he was drafted 5th in the draft (and a surprisingly high pick at that point), instead of 2nd, 3rd or 4th. Granted it was a loaded draft, but his skill set wouldn't have been as effective in a league with illegal defense, hand checking, and a closed down lane. Same with Rose, Harden and Westbrook. They are not the first supremely athletic wing players the league have ever seen, but they are the first generation to have rules that are friendly to their games.

ambchang with the thread ending goods tbh

lefty
02-23-2016, 03:34 PM

https://45.media.tumblr.com/264fa39dd6babb18023f36bfe4118b6f/tumblr_nouyx7BeuD1s3mekdo1_400.gif

Sean Cagney
02-23-2016, 03:37 PM
You're a terrible troll

Thats an understatement, worst one in here by far.

You know damn well he is a Lakers fan too hiding behind another teams name.

ambchang
02-23-2016, 03:44 PM
Thats an understatement, worst one in here by far.

You know damn well he is a Lakers fan too hiding behind another teams name.

There really wasn't much of an attempt to hide.

~O~
02-23-2016, 06:19 PM
What the fuck are you smoking all steph does is shoot. No post game not much else.

You're an idiot and simpleminded fool to just make that statement without anything else to back it. This something someone who only watches the ball would say.

Stephen Curry elite ball handling ability allows him to drive to the rim against anyone however he has no size nor the gifted athleticism to finish emphatically strong. Despite that, he's adjusted to that by using the rim or body to protect his shot and mastering reverse layups. Stephen Curry sets screens off ball to get open or cuts off ball to the basket since he's a threat everywhere from the court. The same plays they run for Thompson; they run for Curry. Curry does not need a post fucking game. He's a point guard. By your logic, if Curry has no excuse to be terrible in the post, Jordan didn't have an excuse to be an awful three point shooter. This why its not fair to compare the two. His size nor strength doesn't allow him to post up anyone. Since he shoots threes like layups, whats the need for it.

Once again, Curry is a POINT guard. He shoots the ball so much that someone would make an ignorant statement such as "What the fuck are you smoking all steph does is shoot. No post game not much else". He's actually an elite combo guard since he's taken so many attempts. He's a shooting guard by literal definition and a point guard second. Curry ranks 11th in total assists.

I doubt you fucking read any of those advanced stats and immediately went in full homer mode to attack Curry based on your casual fan perspective.

~O~
02-23-2016, 06:48 PM
Are you trying to say that Curry is better/more complete offensively than Jordan because he shoots the 3 better and more often? LOL. Jordan still shot the 3 at a decent clip, but didn't have to chuck 10 times a game because his midrange game and driving were so efficient. He didn't need to take a less efficient shot like Steph does.

Once again...a simple as narrow minded statement "Are you trying to say that Curry is better/more complete offensively than Jordan because he shoots the 3 better and more often? LOL."

Jordan shot at a terrible percentage in comparison to what Curry does. Don't sugarcoat it just because its Jordan. All men must die. Curry is an efficient shooter from everywhere on the court, even two pointers dumbass.

He is a better and more complete offensive player than Jordan was. He doesn't need the ball to be effective and can distribute the ball way better than Jordan could. That wasn't Jordan's role which makes it a bad comparison. Curry can get to any place on the floor and can't be stopped. Curry can make any shot from half court and beyond.

You know that Curry's three point shooting is efficient? Like I said, he's chucking a layup. He's worked on that shot and he's patented it....I don't know why you guys are acting like Curry's elite play is a fucking mystery or is it that you guys can't handle the comparison without an unbiased view. Curry leads the league with 32.1 PER, True Shooting, offensive win shares. What does that say about his scoring efficiency?

Most of all, I said the Michael Jordan was the overall better player. He was an elite defender and ruthless scorer. Curry is a par under average. He already got dominated by Lillard but he'll make sure he gets his too. He's limited to his size and athleticism which is unfair since Jordan has a natural advantage. You can't truly compare the two.

Both these players were elite at their roles and the best in the league during their era.

What is with these trolls however...are these..all KAM trying to fuck with me or something...or thread. I don't know. Someone who knows I support Curry. Has to be.

Agloco
02-23-2016, 06:51 PM

This article is about Steph having the best season we have ever seen in the NBA.

And that list put him at 23 based on it. Agree. Dumb.

Killakobe81
02-23-2016, 07:04 PM
You cant mess with the Jordan supporters. I remember when people were saying Wade's first Finals run was as impressive or more so than Jordan's and people got bent out of shape. it was early on in the metrics movement for the media and they loved how much he went to the line and that drove Jordan (and Mavs fans nuts). Do I think some of the refs sucked in that series? Yep. was it is a conspiracy against Cubes? Or to prop up Wade as the next MJ? Nope. anytime someone is given a edge on MJ even for a season or a series the haters get all bent. Even when Lebron busted up the Pistons people were hating on anyone that argued it was Jordanesque. I look forward to the day someone finally does supplant MJ. I dont think that player is in the league or even college yet ...and I dont hate Jordan he is the GOAT but the worship is crazy.

But steph is just amazing. HE overcame the ankle injuries. The small frame. He went from a solid ball handler to handles that are probably top 3 if not best in the league. as you said his layup game is amazing ...reverses, floaters, flips high off the glass he has it all. And he is a willing and good passer too. The left hand off the bounce passes he threw versus the clips is EXTREMELY difficult even for a passing God Like Lebron and Curry has added that to his game. Just a joy to watch probably my favorite non Laker since Kemp/GP/Penny era and Curry is better than any of those guys ...saying this one season is Jordanesque or better is not a knock on MJ though some act as though it is ...

dbreiden83080
02-23-2016, 07:08 PM
^^ Steph is more efficient than MJ

Steph is having one great season. That said he is still nowhere near Jordan, really any of Jordan's seasons.. He is simply the best player of his or really any generation..

TDMVPDPOY
02-23-2016, 07:36 PM
currys production from shooting alot of 3s

jordan is inside 3pt line

thats a huge difference in pts from every basket made by curry compared to jordan which is 2pts each vs 3pts each...jordan has to work for his pts since his not a sharp shooter like curry

daslicer
02-23-2016, 08:13 PM
Steph is definitely better than '01-'03 Jordan. I give him that.

ambchang
02-23-2016, 08:49 PM
All this got me thinking, why is a player like curry, who really isn't all that athletic or physically imposing, dominating he league with these super human athletes?

I thought the jump in training and human evolution was all that counted.

daslicer
02-23-2016, 09:48 PM
All this got me thinking, why is a player like curry, who really isn't all that athletic or physically imposing, dominating he league with these super human athletes?

I thought the jump in training and human evolution was all that counted.

Curry has had eastern bloc training so it doesn't show in the current NBA but if he played during the 90's he would have been the most athletic player on the court.

ambchang
02-23-2016, 10:48 PM
Curry has had eastern bloc training so it doesn't show in the current NBA but if he played during the 90's he would have been the most athletic player on the court.

True. Never thought of that.

He would have averaged 100 points and GSW would go 82-0 with an average margin of victory of 45 ppg. They'd be like the dream team vs Angola every game.

AlexJones
02-23-2016, 11:02 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14806737/stephen-curry-surpassing-even-michael-jordan-epic-season

(http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14806737/stephen-curry-surpassing-even-michael-jordan-epic-season)
Wow, this is big news if true. My good friend Ethan Strauss of r/NBA breaks down the legend of Stephen Curry versus the great Michael Jordan #NBA #GSWarriors #Bulls

Who do you think is better, NBA fans? RETWEET for Curry, FAV for Jordan

Kidd K
02-24-2016, 08:41 AM
He is a better and more complete offensive player than Jordan was. He doesn't need the ball to be effective and can distribute the ball way better than Jordan could.

You know that Curry's three point shooting is efficient? Like I said, he's chucking a layup.

Curry doesn't need the ball to be effective but Jordan does? Please don't tell me that is some insinuation that Jordan was a bad off ball player, because it will prove you know very little about him. Jordan was an amazing off ball player.

As for being able to distribute the ball "way better", that's also bullshit. Considering Curry is a PG and Jordan was a SG, and their career APG is only a point and a half apart despite Jordan having already played a complete career with diminished stats on his averages already, I can comfortably laugh at that statement. Curry is technically not racking up that many assists for a PG. 6.6 APG is not that impressive for a PG. At all. His AST/TO ratio is also worse and that's even despite the fact Jordan was taking an average of 40% more FGAs per game too which should have increased his TO ratio. Yet it's still a lot lower.

So no, Curry isn't a better distributor and that's even despite the fact he's a PG and it's his job to be. He's a much better 3pt shooter. That's it.

45% is also a very shitty % for a "layup".

LkrFan
02-24-2016, 09:14 AM
Offensively you can at least make an argument. Overall, hell no, not the way Lillard lit him up :lol

Kobe dropped a double nickel on Jordan's ass! :lol

Killakobe81
02-24-2016, 09:25 AM
Kobe dropped a double nickel on Jordan's ass! :lol

Stack dropped 57 vs. MJ IIRC
Some dude named LAbradford Smith(?) dropped 37 or 40 IIRC on MJ.
Jordan was a very good defender (though slightly overrated )much better than Steph. But it still happens nothing can be done when e a player is really feeling it.
Not sure what posting Dame's 50 point game on Steph really has to do with anything.

LkrFan
02-24-2016, 10:14 AM
Stack dropped 57 vs. MJ IIRC
Some dude named LAbradford Smith(?) dropped 37 or 40 IIRC on MJ.
Jordan was a very good defender (though slightly overrated ) much better than Steph. But it still happens nothing can be done when e a player is really feeling it.
Not sure what posting Dame's 50 point game on Steph really has to do with anything.

Pip was their doberman defender that allowed MJ to score all those points. He was a good defender, but Pip was a great defender.

On a side note, if Kobe had a Pip his whole career, and be allowed to only score, he'd be thisclose to surpassing KAJ'S all-time scoring mark. He had Ariza and MWP for a few years, but that's about it.

Brazil
02-24-2016, 11:25 AM
On a side note, if Kobe had a Pip his whole career, and be allowed to only score, he'd be thisclose to surpassing KAJ'S all-time scoring mark. He had Ariza and MWP for a few years, but that's about it.

:lmao this is why I love lakers fans... Like in any point of his career Kobe was not allowed to only score... oh boy... so much stupidity

02-24-2016, 11:30 AM

Yeah like that stopped him from not putting any effort on defense and focusing only on shooting bricks for the most part of his career, Javier :lol

ambchang
02-24-2016, 12:44 PM
Pip was their doberman defender that allowed MJ to score all those points. He was a good defender, but Pip was a great defender.

:cry Pippen is so much more valuable than Shaq. I'd rather have the scoring mark than being carried to 5 rings :cry

Horse
02-24-2016, 01:44 PM
You're an idiot and simpleminded fool to just make that statement without anything else to back it. This something someone who only watches the ball would say.

Stephen Curry elite ball handling ability allows him to drive to the rim against anyone however he has no size nor the gifted athleticism to finish emphatically strong. Despite that, he's adjusted to that by using the rim or body to protect his shot and mastering reverse layups. Stephen Curry sets screens off ball to get open or cuts off ball to the basket since he's a threat everywhere from the court. The same plays they run for Thompson; they run for Curry. Curry does not need a post fucking game. He's a point guard. By your logic, if Curry has no excuse to be terrible in the post, Jordan didn't have an excuse to be an awful three point shooter. This why its not fair to compare the two. His size nor strength doesn't allow him to post up anyone. Since he shoots threes like layups, whats the need for it.

Once again, Curry is a POINT guard. He shoots the ball so much that someone would make an ignorant statement such as "What the fuck are you smoking all steph does is shoot. No post game not much else". He's actually an elite combo guard since he's taken so many attempts. He's a shooting guard by literal definition and a point guard second. Curry ranks 11th in total assists.

I doubt you fucking read any of those advanced stats and immediately went in full homer mode to attack Curry based on your casual fan perspective.

Homer? I'm no bulls or Jordan fan cocksucker but to say curry has a more complete offensive game is ridiculous. Did you miss how Jordan mastered the post as he got older? You think maybe Jordan is the reason we know who kerr paxson and guys like that are? He could shoot from anywhere, get to the basket, get to the line score from the post get his teammates open shots and led by example how much more complete can you get? Not to mention pussy curry wouldn't exist without toadys WNBA rules.

Cry Havoc
02-24-2016, 01:57 PM
They were born in the same hospital. It's weird. It's like how Lkrfan and RobDiaz were brought in by the same coyote.

:lmao

Cry Havoc
02-24-2016, 02:06 PM

You could make the converse of the argument, that bigs have dominated in the NBA for so long because rules were designed to allow them to use their size and strength to overpower other players. If the league had been interested in calling things as they were, Shaq would have fouled out of 80% of the games he played in due to his penchant for hip/elbow checking the defender out of the way on the way to the hoop.

Hand-checking has obviously made a difference in penetration ability of players today, but so has the zone. You'd be absurd to suggest that Jordan wouldn't find a way to dominate much like he did in the 90s, but I think it's ludicrous to suggest that Steph would have struggled any more than he is now in the 90s. People who call him "the greatest shooter ever" are actually doing him a disservice at this point. Curry has some of the finest handles in the league, maybe in history, and also has one of the quickest releases in the NBA, and it's pure. Curry is that kid that shows up at the Y and his team wins 15-3 because he drills 5-6 3s every single game. Except he's doing it in the NBA at an elite level with entire teams scheming to limit him.

I still think Jordan is a better offensive player, but with that aside I've never seen anything like Curry. I don't think anyone has. If the game were that drastically changed, I don't think we'd see Tim Duncan having a reign of dominance that stretches for two decades. Deandre Jordan would probably not even be on the floor if size and strength were still such vital attributes, as he's not a particularly great defender and can't hit a shot outside of 8 feet to save his life. The capacity for big men to control the game is still there, but in part because the rules have changed, and in part because we have more skilled guards than we've ever seen in the NBA have altered the landscape. Can you imagine Curry playing in the half-assed defensive era of the 80s? :lol He would have been lights out every single night.

Chris
02-24-2016, 02:32 PM
:cry "If only Kobe had ____________ he could have scored more points!" :cry

ambchang
02-24-2016, 04:10 PM
You could make the converse of the argument, that bigs have dominated in the NBA for so long because rules were designed to allow them to use their size and strength to overpower other players. If the league had been interested in calling things as they were, Shaq would have fouled out of 80% of the games he played in due to his penchant for hip/elbow checking the defender out of the way on the way to the hoop.

Great point, the problem is that the league has changed in a way that gives an advantage to the offensive players, and the rule has not been changed to be more restrictive in regards to offensive fouls. If anything, moving screens and offensive fouls are now rarely called.

Hand-checking has obviously made a difference in penetration ability of players today, but so has the zone. You'd be absurd to suggest that Jordan wouldn't find a way to dominate much like he did in the 90s, but I think it's ludicrous to suggest that Steph would have struggled any more than he is now in the 90s. People who call him "the greatest shooter ever" are actually doing him a disservice at this point. Curry has some of the finest handles in the league, maybe in history, and also has one of the quickest releases in the NBA, and it's pure. Curry is that kid that shows up at the Y and his team wins 15-3 because he drills 5-6 3s every single game. Except he's doing it in the NBA at an elite level with entire teams scheming to limit him.

With hand-checking, Curry would be contained easier on his drives. His handles are phenomenal and he is like a cross between Mark Price and Steve Kerr, but the rules have allowed the game to be opened up, allowing him much more room to operate. I am not saying he will struggle and be a Steve Kerr in the 90s, I am saying he'd be a Mark Price on steroids in the 90s.

I still think Jordan is a better offensive player, but with that aside I've never seen anything like Curry. I don't think anyone has. If the game were that drastically changed, I don't think we'd see Tim Duncan having a reign of dominance that stretches for two decades. Deandre Jordan would probably not even be on the floor if size and strength were still such vital attributes, as he's not a particularly great defender and can't hit a shot outside of 8 feet to save his life. The capacity for big men to control the game is still there, but in part because the rules have changed, and in part because we have more skilled guards than we've ever seen in the NBA have altered the landscape. Can you imagine Curry playing in the half-assed defensive era of the 80s? :lol He would have been lights out every single night.

You point about Duncan speaks to how great he is. He changed with the times, much like what Jabbar did from the late 60s to the mid 80s.

Deandre Jordan is doing what he's doing because of his athleticism, much like how players like Stromile Swift had a job in the 00s for so long despite the total lack of IQ. The fact that Deandre Jordan is such a factor speaks to the dearth of bigs in the league today.

Curry would have been the bomb on the 80s, he'd probably average 40 ppg, but I don't see him doing that in the 90s.

SpursforSix
02-24-2016, 04:18 PM
His handles are phenomenal and he is like a cross between Mark Price and Steve Kerr, but the rules have allowed the game to be opened up, allowing him much more room to operate. I am not saying he will struggle and be a Steve Kerr in the 90s, I am saying he'd be a Mark Price on steroids in the 90s.

:lol what the fuck man

SpursforSix
02-24-2016, 04:19 PM
but I like the bit....every great black player is a cross between 2 pretty good white players.

Cry Havoc
02-24-2016, 04:33 PM
but I like the bit....every great black player is a cross between 2 pretty good white players.

Well, Curry is a sharpshooter and a floor general. Those are usually attributes used to describe (however inaccurately) white players. So I get the comparison.

SpursforSix
02-24-2016, 04:44 PM
Well, Curry is a sharpshooter and a floor general. Those are usually attributes used to describe (however inaccurately) white players. So I get the comparison.

I guess. It was just a very odd couple of names to come up with when the cross or two good players results in the greatest player in the NBA having maybe the best season ever.

ambchang
02-24-2016, 05:05 PM
:lol what the fuck man

Have you seen Price play? Price on steroids is quite a compliment.

~O~
02-24-2016, 05:44 PM
I'm done with this argument so don't bother quoting me. All the proof of the argument is still in the reference snippet I made. You guys still failed to mentions stats...so it really doesn't matter to me what you say if you can't back it up with real reasoning. I've been on too much forums too long to be so beta as to continuously argue my point in an indirect and insecure dick measuring contest of denial in which someone tries to one up fuck me per George Carlin. Especially people who don't want to learn shit or back shit up with sources. There's always this random clique of people who never often check this nba forum who come in with their rage to quote me. They don't probably don't even know I'm a spurs fan...not that it would matter. This is directed anyone in advance and anyone right now.

I'll stop sounding like I'm insulting people anymore but sometimes.......SOMETIMES people get on my nerves here. :lol

I'm not a genius or narcissistic about my arguments but I take perspective to make sure I'm solid. I know what I'm talking about but everyone makes mistakes.

I'll humor you guys though since I'm bored and have time.

@ Horse

-------------------------

As I said, Jordan was an elite two way and two point player which was overall better than Curry. Jordan was an elite two point player but there's various ways to score two points. Curry has no size to post up smaller players (185 and 6"2). He can't even post up most point guards. Its an unfair comparison which is why comparisons like this always get your type of reaction. If you're going to compare the two, there will always be an physical disadvantage between the two which naturally leads these players to their style of play. Most of all, That isn't Curry's role. Its Harrison Barnes and Klay Thompson who has those type of plays set for them based off their offense. Curry is elite at what he can do given his natural intangibles and tangibles which is similar to what JJ Redick did to stay in the league and to become the leagues best three point percentage shooter. Kawhi just passed him recently for percentage to lead the league. I remember it was close.

You say Jordan mastered the post. He did. I say Curry mastered the three point shot. He did. They are elite for reasons which is why this thread was made in the first place. Jordan could not shoot from anywhere as his three point percentage Boldly says. Don't sugarcoat it because its Jordan. For 9 seasons of his career, he shot less than 30 percent from three. For 5 of them, he shot less than 20%. JORDAN Could not shoot from anywhere on the court as efficiently as Curry could. You could have said the same thing I said. It wasn't Jordan's role to shoot threes. It was Paxson, Armstrong, Kukuc, Kerr, Harper, etc.

"Not to mention pussy curry wouldn't exist without toadys WNBA rules." This does not make an argument at all. That's sheer anger and hyperbole. If you're trying to infer that Curry gets to the line much, I'll tell you right now that He's not even top 20 in freethrow attempts. He's 23rd. He doesn't need nor depends on officiating to win games. Rather, teams foul him (various go uncalled) on threes, screens, and etc because they can't stop him. James Harden has double the the amount of free throw attempts and is a way shittier player and terrible player to watch. Save your anger for players who fake flop, exaggerate contact. make cheap ass plays to get a reaction out of the officials. All these plays make basketball unbearable to watch. Players who bitch all the time with a "no credit" reputation behind it are as shitty as well. Players who use their off arm to get open attempts at the basket because that's ALWAYS an offensive foul even if the officials don't call. These players have no real skill to me which is why there's a difference between respect and quality when spectating them.

http://s12.postimg.org/3me80meql/Capture.png

@ Kidd K

Curry is able to distribute the ball better 5.3 career assists career average for Jordan and 6.9 for Curry; end of story. You could say that Jordan wasn't a point guard. it wasn't his role to pass the damn ball but he did. He did it an above average rate than other shooting guards in league history and efficiently because of his elite dribbling skills. I don't remember saying that Curry was efficient at passing he is going to average more assists then him. I expect him to turnover the ball granted he's the point.

The Warriors play at a higher pace than any team during Jordan's era, which leads to a heavy amount of field goal attempts and more possessions to turnover the ball. The Bulls never played at the pace the Warriors did. The Bulls (72-10, Pace 91.1; 69-13, 90.0). The current Warriors play at a pace of 99.9 (14-15 98.3). The warriors already have almost twice as much three point field goal makes than the the 72-10 bulls(544 to 708). The Warriors will pass them in field goal attempts in about 17 games, give or take. They are currently 7th as a team in turnovers per game.

Curry also averages 19.8 field goal attempts per game which. This is why I said he's a combo guard and a shooting guard if you take the perspective of that position literally. Draymond Green also plays point guard to set up curry so Curry can play a shooting guard roll off curls, elevators, backdoor screens, and horns to set up Curry on multiple plays for threes which takes his assists down. Draymond already has 11 triple doubles this season for a reason. This keeps Curry's usage and assists down. Their team philosophy on offense is ball movement and movement without the ball; a hockey assist team.

Jordan had a usage of over 31.7 for 12 of 15 seasons he was in the league. 2 seasons were over 38%. One of them I mentioned earlier. Curry's highest usage was 33% and that's only this year. Every other percentage of usage was under 29%

Jordan averaged 28.2 on scoring his first year. He averaged 37.1 (38% Usage)his 3rd year which is ridiculous in these times. His three point shooting and free throw shooting however brought his true shooting down in those undisputed seasons. Curry since his third season has always had a true shooting above 58%. Didn't average the points though but more efficient on his sample size.

Curry's best true shooting is this season which is 67%; better than any true shooting Jordan has ever had in his career. His highest is 61% of all his seasons. Curry had a true shooting of 63% in 14-15 and 61% in 13-14; a sudden steep incline in efficiency.

What Jordan Truly trumps Curry without argument is defense. Jordan could guard any guard in the league. Not all positions I would say small forwards and guard. Curry can't guard the depth of point guards in the league and has to be hidden on other players. He's taken the challenge but has failed most of the time. Factoring his intangibles, he doesn't have the athleticism or the size to do so. Its not his role to defend the opponents best player. Its rather, someone else who has the athleticism, size, and length like Iggy, Thompson, or Green. They still have to hide Curry on defense against athletic point guards. Jordan had Pippen, Rodman, Harper himself. He had everything to stop his assignment and his natural abilities to his advantage. He won defensive player of the year, that says everything. He also steals the ball To stop opponents offenses. Curry can't block shots...but he can steal the ball. He won't average more steals than Jordan will.

As for 45% being a layup. That was hyperbole for how great of a shooter curry is but you took it literal to create an ad hominem. Good for you.

There's also knowledge and technology differences between these players era's that keep them from being compared properly. All teams today have analytics today.

I believe Curry and Jordan would dominate in each other's era's, even if they were switched because of their mental perseverance. The would continue to persist. Jordan and Curry despite their individual performances, needed their a cohesive brand of teammates to get the job done.

Curry is ruling the league in the day that the long two is the most inefficient shot in the league and three point percentage is getting crazy. The league has gotten crazy strategic and you can't get it done with one player.

Three point shooting trumps two point shooting when done right and efficiently which is what the Warriors are doing. The Warriors can go big if needed with Bogut and Ezeli but their small ball creates heavy spacing.

Curry would dominate a league that wasn't in love with the three point shot. The league had great three point shooters....but they did not shoot on the volume Curry did. Most of these players in the 90's don't even have half the amount of attempts that Curry had in single season. Hell, it would take most of the best three point shooters from the 90's 2 to 4 seasons to make how many threes Curry has made in one season over that past four seasons Curry has been in the league. Teams would have to inevitably double him and the pace of the league would increase. Curry already is still dominating despite the adjustments made in the modern era. He shoots over people without thinking about it.

In fact...

"

Curry is hitting a ridiculous 38.9% of his 3-points attempts after at least two dribbles, per NBAsavant.com (http://nbasavant.com/shot_search.php?hfST=jump%7C&hfQ=&pid%5B%5D=201939&hfSZB=4%7C5%7C6%7C&hfSZA=&hfSZR=&ddlYear=2015&txtGameDateGT=&txtGameDateLT=&ddlGameTimeGT_min=&ddlGameTimeGT_sec=&ddlGameTimeLT_min=&ddlGameTimeLT_sec=&ddlShotClockGT=&ddlShotClockLT=&ddlDefDistanceGT=&ddlDefDistanceLT=&ddlDribblesGT=2&ddlDribblesLT=&ddlTouchTimeGT=&ddlTouchTimeLT=&ddlShotDistanceGT=&ddlShotDistanceLT=&ddlTeamShooting=&ddlTeamDefense=&hfPT=&ddlGroupBy=player&ddlOrderBy=shots_made_desc&hfGT=0%7C&ddlShotMade=&ddlMin=0#results). "

(http://http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/02/stephen-curry-video-games-nba-2k16)http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/02/stephen-curry-video-games-nba-2k16 (http://http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/02/stephen-curry-video-games-nba-2k16)

That's on an awful attempt for anyone else but himself.

Alright. I written to much. Whatever....submit

BatManu20
02-24-2016, 06:40 PM

spurs10
02-24-2016, 07:31 PM

I think Steph needs more rings to surpass Mike's career but I think hes having a better season than MJ ever had You think he needs more rings to surpass Michael Jordan? :wow

SpursforSix
02-24-2016, 07:42 PM
Have you seen Price play? Price on steroids is quite a compliment.

Yes. He'd be undefeatable.

ambchang
02-24-2016, 07:51 PM
Yes. He'd be undefeatable.

Winning is a team accomplishment.

SpursforSix
02-24-2016, 08:10 PM
Winning is a team accomplishment.

Yes. And a pumped up Mark Price would be the centerpiece of any team.

ambchang
02-24-2016, 08:49 PM
Yes. And a pumped up Mark Price would be the centerpiece of any team.

Mark price was the centre piece of a contender. A pumped up one would be the centrepiece of at least a finalist.

SpursforSix
02-24-2016, 09:30 PM
Mark price was the centre piece of a contender. A pumped up one would be the centrepiece of at least a finalist.

I know. I just said a short while ago that he'd be undefeatable. Do you have Alzheimer's?

ambchang
02-24-2016, 10:22 PM
I know. I just said a short while ago that he'd be undefeatable. Do you have Alzheimer's?

The two are not the same. Are you retarded?

SpursforSix
02-24-2016, 10:27 PM
The two are not the same. Are you retarded?

No, I'm not retarded.

ambchang
02-25-2016, 06:33 AM
No, I'm not retarded.

It's shocking.

SpursforSix
02-25-2016, 10:34 AM
It's shocking.

listen slick...you think that a retarded person could...analyze basketball????? know politics???? read???
sheeesh.

if I was retarded, how would I....

Top ten bluesmen who could have played football
1. BB King (offensive line)
2. Bo Didley (fullback)
3. Robert Johnson (wide receiver)
4. Stevie Ray Vaughn (quarterback)
5. Pee Pee the Kidnapperr (line backer)
6. Poopshoot Magoo (tight end)
7. Eddie Van Halen (left guard)
8. Common (slot back)
9. Don Dokken (center)
10. Kurt Russel (right tackle)

02-25-2016, 10:56 AM
listen slick...you think that a retarded person could...analyze basketball????? know politics???? read???
sheeesh.

2. Bo Didley (fullback)
8. Common (slot back)
9. Don Dokken (center)

ambchang
02-25-2016, 01:31 PM
sheeesh.

2. Bo Didley (fullback)
8. Common (slot back)
9. Don Dokken (center)

Well, you do think I somehow know you, and that you can come up with whatever you came up with, which does promote the idea you are a retard .... so you are really not helping your case.

Horse
02-25-2016, 01:46 PM
I'm done with this argument so don't bother quoting me. All the proof of the argument is still in the reference snippet I made. You guys still failed to mentions stats...so it really doesn't matter to me what you say if you can't back it up with real reasoning. I've been on too much forums too long to be so beta as to continuously argue my point in an indirect and insecure dick measuring contest of denial in which someone tries to one up fuck me per George Carlin. Especially people who don't want to learn shit or back shit up with sources. There's always this random clique of people who never often check this nba forum who come in with their rage to quote me. They don't probably don't even know I'm a spurs fan...not that it would matter. This is directed anyone in advance and anyone right now.

I'll stop sounding like I'm insulting people anymore but sometimes.......SOMETIMES people get on my nerves here. :lol

I'm not a genius or narcissistic about my arguments but I take perspective to make sure I'm solid. I know what I'm talking about but everyone makes mistakes.

@ Horse

As I said, Jordan was an elite two way and two point player which was overall better than Curry. Jordan was an elite two point player but there's various ways to score two points. Curry has no size to post up smaller players (185 and 6"2). He can't even post up most point guards. Its an unfair comparison which is why comparisons like this always get your type of reaction. If you're going to compare the two, there will always be an physical disadvantage between the two which naturally leads these players to their style of play. Most of all, That isn't Curry's role. Its Harrison Barnes and Klay Thompson who has those type of plays set for them based off their offense. Curry is elite at what he can do given his natural intangibles and tangibles which is similar to what JJ Redick did to stay in the league and to become the leagues best three point percentage shooter. Kawhi just passed him recently for percentage to lead the league. I remember it was close.

You say Jordan mastered the post. He did. I say Curry mastered the three point shot. He did. They are elite for reasons which is why this thread was made in the first place. Jordan could not shoot from anywhere as his three point percentage Boldly says. Don't sugarcoat it because its Jordan. For 9 seasons of his career, he shot less than 30 percent from three. For 5 of them, he shot less than 20%. JORDAN Could not shoot from anywhere on the court as efficiently as Curry could. You could have said the same thing I said. It wasn't Jordan's role to shoot threes. It was Paxson, Armstrong, Kukuc, Kerr, Harper, etc.

"Not to mention pussy curry wouldn't exist without toadys WNBA rules." This does not make an argument at all. That's sheer anger and hyperbole. If you're trying to infer that Curry gets to the line much, I'll tell you right now that He's not even top 20 in freethrow attempts. He's 23rd. He doesn't need nor depends on officiating to win games. Rather, teams foul him (various go uncalled) on threes, screens, and etc because they can't stop him. James Harden has double the the amount of free throw attempts and is a way shittier player and terrible player to watch. Save your anger for players who fake flop, exaggerate contact. make cheap ass plays to get a reaction out of the officials. All these plays make basketball unbearable to watch. Players who bitch all the time with a "no credit" reputation behind it are as shitty as well. Players who use their off arm to get open attempts at the basket because that's ALWAYS an offensive foul even if the officials don't call. These players have no real skill to me which is why there's a difference between respect and quality when spectating them.

@ Kidd K

Curry is able to distribute the ball better 5.3 career assists career average for Jordan and 6.9 for Curry; end of story. You could say that Jordan wasn't a point guard. it wasn't his role to pass the damn ball but he did. He did it an above average rate than other shooting guards in league history and efficiently because of his elite dribbling skills. I don't remember saying that Curry was efficient at passing he is going to average more assists then him. I expect him to turnover the ball granted he's the point.

The Warriors play at a higher pace than any team during Jordan's era, which leads to a heavy amount of field goal attempts and more possessions to turnover the ball. The Bulls never played at the pace the Warriors did. The Bulls (72-10, Pace 91.1; 69-13, 90.0). The current Warriors play at a pace of 99.9 (14-15 98.3). The warriors already have almost twice as much three point field goal makes than the the 72-10 bulls(544 to 708). The Warriors will pass them in field goal attempts in about 17 games, give or take. They are currently 7th as a team in turnovers per game.

Curry also averages 19.8 field goal attempts per game which. This is why I said he's a combo guard and a shooting guard if you take the perspective of that position literally. Draymond Green also plays point guard to set up curry so Curry can play a shooting guard roll off curls, elevators, backdoor screens, and horns to set up Curry on multiple plays for threes which takes his assists down. Draymond already has 11 triple doubles this season for a reason. This keeps Curry's usage and assists down. Their team philosophy on offense is ball movement and movement without the ball; a hockey assist team.

Jordan had a usage of over 31.7 for 12 of 15 seasons he was in the league. 2 seasons were over 38%. One of them I mentioned earlier. Curry's highest usage was 33% and that's only this year. Every other percentage of usage was under 29%

Jordan averaged 28.2 on scoring his first year. He averaged 37.1 (38% Usage)his 3rd year which is ridiculous in these times. His three point shooting and free throw shooting however brought his true shooting down in those undisputed seasons. Curry since his third season has always had a true shooting above 58%. Didn't average the points though but more efficient on his sample size.

Curry's best true shooting is this season which is 67%; better than any true shooting Jordan has ever had in his career. His highest is 61% of all his seasons. Curry had a true shooting of 63% in 14-15 and 61% in 13-14; a sudden steep incline in efficiency.

What Jordan Truly trumps Curry without argument is defense. Jordan could guard any guard in the league. Not all positions I would say small forwards and guard. Curry can't guard the depth of point guards in the league and has to be hidden on other players. He's taken the challenge but has failed most of the time. Factoring his intangibles, he doesn't have the athleticism or the size to do so. Its not his role to defend the opponents best player. Its rather, someone else who has the athleticism, size, and length like Iggy, Thompson, or Green. They still have to hide Curry on defense against athletic point guards. Jordan had Pippen, Rodman, Harper himself. He had everything to stop his assignment and his natural abilities to his advantage. He won defensive player of the year, that says everything. He also steals the ball To stop opponents offenses. Curry can't block shots...but he can steal the ball. He won't average more steals than Jordan will.

As for 45% being a layup. That was hyperbole for how great of a shooter curry is but you took it literal to create an ad hominem. Good for you.

There's also knowledge and technology differences between these players era's that keep them from being compared properly. All teams today have analytics today.

I believe Curry and Jordan would dominate in each other's era's, even if they were switched because of their mental perseverance. The would continue to persist. Jordan and Curry despite their individual performances, needed their a cohesive brand of teammates to get the job done.

Curry is ruling the league in the day that the long two is the most inefficient shot in the league and three point percentage is getting crazy. The league has gotten crazy strategic and you can't get it done with one player.

Three point shooting trumps two point shooting when done right and efficiently which is what the Warriors are doing. The Warriors can go big if needed with Bogut and Ezeli but their small ball creates heavy spacing.

Curry would dominate a league that wasn't in love with the three point shot. The league had great three point shooters....but they did not shoot on the volume Curry did. Most of these players in the 90's don't even have half the amount of attempts that Curry had in single season. Hell, it would take most of the best three point shooters from the 90's 2 to 4 seasons to make how many threes Curry has made in one season over that past four seasons Curry has been in the league. Teams would have to inevitably double him and the pace of the league would increase. Curry already is still dominating despite the adjustments made in the modern era. He shoots over people without thinking about it.

In fact...

"

Curry is hitting a ridiculous 38.9% of his 3-points attempts after at least two dribbles, per NBAsavant.com (http://nbasavant.com/shot_search.php?hfST=jump%7C&hfQ=&pid%5B%5D=201939&hfSZB=4%7C5%7C6%7C&hfSZA=&hfSZR=&ddlYear=2015&txtGameDateGT=&txtGameDateLT=&ddlGameTimeGT_min=&ddlGameTimeGT_sec=&ddlGameTimeLT_min=&ddlGameTimeLT_sec=&ddlShotClockGT=&ddlShotClockLT=&ddlDefDistanceGT=&ddlDefDistanceLT=&ddlDribblesGT=2&ddlDribblesLT=&ddlTouchTimeGT=&ddlTouchTimeLT=&ddlShotDistanceGT=&ddlShotDistanceLT=&ddlTeamShooting=&ddlTeamDefense=&hfPT=&ddlGroupBy=player&ddlOrderBy=shots_made_desc&hfGT=0%7C&ddlShotMade=&ddlMin=0#results). "

(http://http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/02/stephen-curry-video-games-nba-2k16)http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/02/stephen-curry-video-games-nba-2k16 (http://http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/02/stephen-curry-video-games-nba-2k16)

No I'm saying imagine a Jordan or pippen being able to hand check curry wherever they want him to go

Horse
02-25-2016, 01:51 PM

@ Horse

@ Kidd K

In fact...

"

I hate harden a million time more than curry. I don't even hate curry. Just think it' silly at this point to even mention him among alltime greats.

~O~
02-25-2016, 02:02 PM
Who the fuck posted that wall of text. Nobody wants to read that shit.

SpursforSix
02-25-2016, 03:03 PM
Well, you do think I somehow know you, and that you can come up with whatever you came up with, which does promote the idea you are a retard .... so you are really not helping your case.

translation...Spursforsix, are there any rasslers that could have played the blues?

how about....

1. Fritz Von Erich - guitar
2. The Spoiler - harmonica
3. Rick Flair - kettle drum
4. Junk Yard Dog - spoons
5. Pee Pee the Kidnapper - vocals
6. Harrison Ford - bass
7. Madonna - piano
8. Rastus Cornhole - clap hands
9. Chris Rock - tuba
10. James Vanderbeek - trumpet

.G.
02-25-2016, 03:17 PM

BatManu20
02-25-2016, 05:08 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcCLjP7XEAEtm7-.jpg

Chris
02-25-2016, 05:15 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcCLjP7XEAEtm7-.jpg

:tu

littleavery1948
02-25-2016, 09:24 PM
I don't need stats, or rings; Steph is having the greatest season of all-time. Did you see him have a 92% EFG% in tonight's game? MJ didn't need the three to be great, but Steph is using it to be the Greatest of All-time. I'm still waiting for Steph to break the single-game three-point record, but I'll settle for another 10+ night; this is the fourth in his career, and the second in three weeks. He might get 70 on Saturday. Buckle up everyone. I am looking forward to his 60-50-95 season next seasons, tbh.

ambchang
02-25-2016, 09:32 PM
translation...Spursforsix, are there any rasslers that could have played the blues?

how about....

1. Fritz Von Erich - guitar
2. The Spoiler - harmonica
3. Rick Flair - kettle drum
4. Junk Yard Dog - spoons
5. Pee Pee the Kidnapper - vocals
6. Harrison Ford - bass
7. Madonna - piano
8. Rastus Cornhole - clap hands
9. Chris Rock - tuba
10. James Vanderbeek - trumpet

I already know you are retarded, no need to prove it further.

Benoit
02-25-2016, 09:33 PM
50 points with only 1 free throw attempt tonight

Hes not Jordan or Kobe yet, but hes on pace to join them at the top

Splits
02-25-2016, 09:35 PM

Bynumite
02-25-2016, 09:36 PM
I wonder when Jordan is gonna start acknowledging this nigga and talk shit. You know it's coming.

Splits
02-25-2016, 09:37 PM

Splits
02-25-2016, 09:39 PM

ambchang
02-25-2016, 09:57 PM
I wonder when Jordan is gonna start acknowledging this nigga and talk shit. You know it's coming.
True, he only talks down the really good players that he knows is a threat to his legacy. Generally have praise for those second third tier guys.

littleavery1948
02-25-2016, 10:14 PM

KobeOwnsDuncan
03-20-2016, 07:08 AM

jacobdrj
03-20-2016, 08:01 AM
Yeah. I remember Jordan always praising Bibby
.. I mean Bibbyvwas MONEY off a screen, but still, still a tier 2 guy at his peak...

dbestpro
03-20-2016, 09:46 AM
Nate Archibald was a better PG tbh. He played without the three, and during a time where the bigs knocked small guys out for going inside. Curry remains a fabrication of the current NBA game.

UZER
03-20-2016, 09:57 AM
He's great, best shooter ever. But until he does it against a team in the playoffs that makes him work every possession on O and D, roughs him up a little, doesn't give him space where he likes it, ill hold off on putting him in the all time 'elite' category. Andi mean a tough playoff series. Right now against most teams in the regular season he's just skating around out there like it's target practice.

hater
03-20-2016, 10:00 AM
Finally someone played defense on Eliancitico

hater
03-20-2016, 10:13 AM
:lol OPs name is lefendary

SpursDynasty
03-20-2016, 01:27 PM
How'd those 12 three point attempts work out last night for better-than-MJ?

Caltex2
03-20-2016, 01:56 PM
currys production from shooting alot of 3s

jordan is inside 3pt line

thats a huge difference in pts from every basket made by curry compared to jordan which is 2pts each vs 3pts each...jordan has to work for his pts since his not a sharp shooter like curry

I side with Jordan in this debate but so? It's not exactly easy to make 25 footers like free throws. Give Curry credit for what he does best, it's not like the basket is any bigger than it was when Jordan was doing his thing.

TrainOfThought5
03-20-2016, 01:59 PM
I side with Jordan in this debate but so? It's not exactly easy to make 25 footers like free throws. Give Curry credit for what he does best, it's not like the basket is any bigger than it was when Jordan was doing his thing.

it isnt, but the defense was a hell of a lot better.

Jordan > Curry

01Snake
03-20-2016, 02:00 PM
Greatest ONE-WAY player probably. Comparing him to Jordan is laughable.

HarlemHeat37
03-20-2016, 02:08 PM

Jordan > Curry

This year's Spurs defense is far better than any defense from the 90s, statistically..

Kawhitstorm
03-20-2016, 02:57 PM
This year's Spurs defense is far better than any defense from the 90s, statistically..

98-99 Spurs would like to have a word with you but the current Spurs have by far the best defense since the rule changes in 2004-05.

2003-04 Spurs/Pistons were the reason for the rule changes.:lol

KL2
03-20-2016, 03:07 PM

Jordan > Curry

I guess people forget that time when one of the greatest 90s defenders, one of the best MJ defenders "The Glove" got lit up by a 19 year old Parker. 90's defenders lol