PDA

View Full Version : NBA 2K16

Chris
02-22-2016, 08:10 PM
WUId2cQa3TQ

Probably the best 2k of all times imo and I've been playing since its inception PM me if you want to play on the PS4

apalisoc_9
02-23-2016, 11:42 AM
The only complaint I have about this game is how overrated the shotblocking is. They also havent fixed the cheap steals trick people do online.

Cry Havoc
02-23-2016, 01:42 PM
The only complaint I have about this game is how overrated the shotblocking is. They also havent fixed the cheap steals trick people do online.

Sports games should not be competitive online. There's almost no way to make it feel realistic without making it easily game-able. That's why no sports title has ever been a serious esport title. It'd be nice if they could fix it, but it's really hard to balance well.

The best way is to get a group of friends together who won't use cheap tactics to win.

Cry Havoc
02-23-2016, 01:43 PM
WUId2cQa3TQ

Probably the best 2k of all times imo and I've been playing since its inception PM me if you want to play on the PS4

Just think where we'd be at with football if 2k could have continued from the 2k5 game. EA would even have a sports department anymore. :lol

2k16 might be the greatest sports game of all-time. It's definitely in the conversation, and it dumpsters both Fifa and PES. I haven't really kept up on baseball, but I know Sony has a great track record with that.

apalisoc_9
02-23-2016, 01:56 PM
Sports games should not be competitive online. There's almost no way to make it feel realistic without making it easily game-able. That's why no sports title has ever been a serious esport title. It'd be nice if they could fix it, but it's really hard to balance well.

The best way is to get a group of friends together who won't use cheap tactics to win.

Its fixable overtime. I would like for 2K to add an auto cover button that takes away the need to chase down players with Direction. That shit is still exploitable. Players using westbrook and just running through the baseline and scoring.

PES and FIFA both have those features and are executed well compared to L2 for 2k16..that's the only thing they need to fix now to avoid gaming...they probably would never fix the cheap steals trick though

baseline bum
02-23-2016, 02:42 PM
Great game, but LOL the Spike Lee career mode. I made my guy a huge Polish dude and as soon as I start up I have black parents and a black sister. My draft stock goes to hell even though I dominate my college games. My gold digging girlfriend is some weird mesh of black, mexican, and chink with a fivehead like Peyton. And then my sister is an even worse hanger on. And apparently I killed a guy as a teenager. Career mode is the shittiest hood movie ever.

Chris
02-23-2016, 02:56 PM
Great game, but LOL the Spike Lee career mode. I made my guy a huge Polish dude and as soon as I start up I have black parents and a black sister. My draft stock goes to hell even though I dominate my college games. My gold digging girlfriend is some weird mesh of black, mexican, and chink with a fivehead like Peyton. And then my sister is an even worse hanger on. And apparently I killed a guy as a teenager. Career mode is the shittiest hood movie ever.

Yeah Spike Lee is a faggot so...:lol I liked being able to play through high school, then college though. After your first rookie year in the NBA the Spike Lee shit goes away and it becomes about juggling endorsements, team practice, and dinner with teammates/owners on your day off. Even with the Spike Lee faggotry it's the best MyCareer ever.

baseline bum
02-23-2016, 03:59 PM
Yeah Spike Lee is a faggot so...:lol I liked being able to play through high school, then college though. After your first rookie year in the NBA the Spike Lee shit goes away and it becomes about juggling endorsements, team practice, and dinner with teammates/owners on your day off. Even with the Spike Lee faggotry it's the best MyCareer ever.

Can you plow your teammate's wife?

Chris
02-23-2016, 04:34 PM

Available on DLC for a mere $9.99

Chris
02-23-2016, 04:47 PM
Just think where we'd be at with football if 2k could have continued from the 2k5 game. EA would even have a sports department anymore. :lol

2k16 might be the greatest sports game of all-time. It's definitely in the conversation, and it dumpsters both Fifa and PES. I haven't really kept up on baseball, but I know Sony has a great track record with that.

I never tried the 2k football games, I've always played Madden since like 92 on SNES :lol I agree though, it would probably be a better game with more depth. The Show is an amazing baseball game. People can reminisce about their MVP '05 (which is a great game; I bought it twice), but The Show is the most realistic baseball game ever created. The amount of work the designers put into making everyone's swings and animations authentic is impressive, and the gameplay is very smooth.

Cry Havoc
02-23-2016, 07:58 PM
I never tried the 2k football games, I've always played Madden since like 92 on SNES :lol I agree though, it would probably be a better game with more depth. The Show is an amazing baseball game. People can reminisce about their MVP '05 (which is a great game; I bought it twice), but The Show is the most realistic baseball game ever created. The amount of work the designers put into making everyone's swings and animations authentic is impressive, and the gameplay is very smooth.

NFL 2k5 when it came out was literally a full tier above Madden in everything. Presentation, realistic blocking, AI, there was nothing Madden did in 05 that was superior to NFL 2k. It was simply the most complete football game ever made, and some still compare it to the current-gen Madden's (favorably!). The AI for defense was absolutely fantastic. Not unbeatable, but not stupid, either.

f2sBZjmp4PQ

DJR210
02-23-2016, 10:34 PM
:lol at "auto cover button"

Why not just sim the game..

AlexJones
02-23-2016, 11:30 PM
NFL 2k5 when it came out was literally a full tier above Madden in everything. Presentation, realistic blocking, AI, there was nothing Madden did in 05 that was superior to NFL 2k. It was simply the most complete football game ever made, and some still compare it to the current-gen Madden's (favorably!). The AI for defense was absolutely fantastic. Not unbeatable, but not stupid, either.

f2sBZjmp4PQ

The best Sports game ever. I'm still updating rosters for it to this day.

baseline bum
02-24-2016, 12:07 AM
Can't believe the NFL gave EA exclusive rights to make NFL games. I can't imagine if EA had gotten those rights for the NBA considering how bad Live was after 06. I was such a Live junkie from 99-06, I used to make jersey, court, and stadium patches for all the games and post them on the NLSC page, but damn that series went downhill fast while 2k keeps getting better every year.

leemajors
02-24-2016, 10:57 AM
Can't believe the NFL gave EA exclusive rights to make NFL games. I can't imagine if EA had gotten those rights for the NBA considering how bad Live was after 06. I was such a Live junkie from 99-06, I used to make jersey, court, and stadium patches for all the games and post them on the NLSC page, but damn that series went downhill fast while 2k keeps getting better every year.

why? they keep sunday ticket on directv when they could make far more otherwise.

Cry Havoc
02-24-2016, 12:47 PM

What's great about 2k is they actually seem to be fans of the game/sport they're making, so they put a lot of time and effort into it every year. Sure, they have some down years, but overall I think it's a series that continues to improve over time. As opposed to Madden, where you have one year be decent (okay, decent-ish) and then the next two to four years are shit. EA was at it's best when it was attempting to accurately represent a simulation of the sport, not trying to bombard gamers with a slew of features that have little to do with football.

I can see a die-hard football fan paying for Madden once every 4-5 years if they want any significant change to gameplay. With 2k, it's almost a must-buy every year or every other year if you're a hoops/gaming fan.

Chris
03-06-2016, 08:48 PM

:tu

http://i68.tinypic.com/91b250.jpg

DJR210
03-06-2016, 11:10 PM
:tu

http://i68.tinypic.com/91b250.jpg (http://http://i68.tinypic.com/91b250.jpg)

Better hope you don't have to step away to piss or shit even during the dinner party.. Look at the fucking pic they used.. dude looks ready as hell to ruin somebody's life

DJR210
03-06-2016, 11:11 PM

Just be glad the NBA was smarter tbh

philldafunk
03-11-2016, 05:06 PM
Anyone got tips on how to use LMA?? I can't seem to get anything going with him online.

baseline bum
03-11-2016, 05:28 PM
Anyone got tips on how to use LMA?? I can't seem to get anything going with him online.

He's a pretty devastating pick and pop option in 2k16.

DJR210
03-12-2016, 11:48 AM

Look at his individual ratings then go from there tbh

apalisoc_9
03-14-2016, 11:06 AM

Aldridge is a mosnter with the pick and Pop..Also, there's not a whole lot of bigs that can defend the post up nowadys so he's a monster there too.

If you also run majority of his plays, you will notice that a few of them can get Kawhi and Green some easy three balls.

DJR210
03-15-2016, 05:45 PM
Had to delete my "borrowed" copy of 2k16 :(..

Couldn't manually update the rosters anymore, don't know what the fuck I did.. I refuse to play with a 87 rated Kawhi Leonard :cry

apalisoc_9
03-17-2016, 06:19 PM
Leonard needs an upgrade. 92? Wtf...

DJR210
03-19-2016, 12:52 AM
They need to go ahead and rate Kawhi at 100

Cry Havoc
03-19-2016, 01:11 AM
They need to go ahead and rate Kawhi at 100

Should Curry be a 108?

djohn2oo8
03-19-2016, 08:43 AM
Havent had a chance to pick it up. How is the my career mode?

baseline bum
03-19-2016, 10:00 AM
Havent had a chance to pick it up. How is the my career mode?

It's a really horrible hood movie.

ElNono
03-19-2016, 10:30 AM
Game should crash with an overflow exception whenever you check Curry's stats...

apalisoc_9
03-20-2016, 06:04 PM
tbh, curry misses wide open shots a lot..:lol

If you're playing against noob and decide to put kawhi on him, he's never going to make enough threes :lol

They also made a recent update. The greatest defensive team in history the spurs is ranked THird on defense :lol

hooperflash
04-03-2016, 01:19 AM
tbh

You up for a game or two? I've been adjusting my game because obviously it's still stuck in the old gen system era (super fast pace). I'll be online soon.

apalisoc_9
04-03-2016, 01:50 AM
You up for a game or two? I've been adjusting my game because obviously it's still stuck in the old gen system era (super fast pace). I'll be online soon.

You still online? Yeah ill play you

KobeOwnsDuncan
04-03-2016, 08:10 AM
I know i cannot be the only one who has heard the Laker crowds chant "We want tacos" :lol

baseline bum
04-03-2016, 08:34 AM
I know i cannot be the only one who has heard the Laker crowds chant "We want tacos" :lol

Don't you have to win the game for tacos?

KobeOwnsDuncan
04-03-2016, 09:00 AM
Don't you have to win the game for tacos?

Well i think the team has to score 100 points for tacos. Because i was playing my player mode, Lakers were at 98 points and losing, yet "We want tacccccoss" was in full effect until they got 100

DJR210
04-03-2016, 11:57 AM
Well i think the team has to score 100 points for tacos. Because i was playing my player mode, Lakers were at 98 points and losing, yet "We want tacccccoss" was in full effect until they got 100

:lol I had to Google this to know what you two fucks were talking about..

:lol and San Antonio is labeled as the fat asses smh

baseline bum
04-03-2016, 01:48 PM
:lol I had to Google this to know what you two fucks were talking about..

:lol and San Antonio is labeled as the fat asses smh

Yeah I know, I have never seen the Lakers win in 2k16 either tbh

apalisoc_9
04-05-2016, 12:27 PM

You get torched everytime because your players auto reacts and double late in the second half.

With the new gen, you gotta continue changing the defensive setting based on the opponets offense

apalisoc_9
04-05-2016, 12:30 PM
Like it was easier to to score in the 4th inside and with two pointers once i established the three ball..your spurs kept on running and chasing threes :lol

I shot 100% in the fourh. :lol

Plus you foul a lot. I had 28 freethrows :lol

hooperflash
04-05-2016, 03:30 PM
Like it was easier to to score in the 4th inside and with two pointers once i established the three ball..your spurs kept on running and chasing threes :lol

I shot 100% in the fourh. :lol

Plus you foul a lot. I had 28 freethrows :lol

Thanks, the fouling issue needs to stop.

Chris
04-05-2016, 03:52 PM
If you score while they are chanting "we want tacos!", you get 1000-5000 fans depending on the circumstance :lol

apalisoc_9
04-05-2016, 04:43 PM
Thanks, the fouling issue needs to stop.

Most of the fouls was on the post ups. You need to be willing to be the defender in the post because the AI is dumb and multiple pump fakes can get them on air almost everytime. And when they dont contest, its also an easy basket.

Letting the AI defend for you is great against below to average players but when you get to Euroleague and above leagues, you need to start defending.

Also speedcheesing is usless against guys that can really use defensive settings and change them on game. Against the first few leagues, it might work...

Also, you really need to utilize the playbook bro. That's your biggest weakness. I didnt notice you use it that much. You freestyled sl much...and thats fine, if you really just want to freestyle. Some players in GOAT leagues just freestyle but they have fast coordination and quick on the trigger. If you're not at their level, you gotta call a play or two here and there tbh. Really gives you easy baskets and wide open shots.

apalisoc_9
04-09-2016, 12:16 AM

Did you rage quit in the last game bro? :lol

I have no idea why you keep leaving my shooters wide open :lol

Everyone in Atlanta can shoot the basketball bro. :lol

hooperflash
04-09-2016, 01:25 AM
Did you rage quit in the last game bro? :lol

I have no idea why you keep leaving my shooters wide open :lol

Everyone in Atlanta can shoot the basketball bro. :lol

No, but I had left my house. I'm gonna sell the game. The last time I rage quited was probably Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Good game, though.

apalisoc_9
04-09-2016, 01:35 AM
No, but I had left my house. I'm gonna sell the game. The last time I rage quited was probably Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Good game, though.

You should inform me at the very least before you suddently dissapear like that dude. That aint cool. No real nigga would do such thing :lol

The only thing you needed to do was control your bigs on The PnR and stayed on the shooters :lol. That would have forced me to find a different source of offense. :lol

hooperflash
04-09-2016, 07:16 AM
You should inform me at the very least before you suddently dissapear like that dude. That aint cool. No real nigga would do such thing :lol

The only thing you needed to do was control your bigs on The PnR and stayed on the shooters :lol. That would have forced me to find a different source of offense. :lol

We should ball sometime in person :tu
A SpursTalk 3 on 3 game one of these days would be cool.

Chris
06-05-2016, 01:38 AM
Addicted AF to this MyTeam Auction shit :lol

Reck
06-05-2016, 02:01 AM
They have this game free for ps+ users on the PS4.

I passed on it. My subscription is about to expire and I'm gonna let it.

apalisoc_9
06-05-2016, 09:37 PM
Man..its been a while since I played NBA 2k..

Been playing mostly SF5, Tomb raider, bloodborne, uncharted and RC...im probably bad now

philldafunk
07-26-2016, 04:53 PM
I can't for the life of me make it out of the NBA into the Hall of Fame in online play. I keep getting beat by tier 2 and 3 teams. I got relegated back to Euroleage, and am smashing people, but I already know I'll continue to stay stuck in the NBA.

apalisoc_9
07-27-2016, 12:29 AM
I can't for the life of me make it out of the NBA into the Hall of Fame in online play. I keep getting beat by tier 2 and 3 teams. I got relegated back to Euroleage, and am smashing people, but I already know I'll continue to stay stuck in the NBA.

Just need more practice...some people are just better too.

Everytime I make it to HOF..i get relegated after.

DJR210
07-27-2016, 06:36 AM
Man..its been a while since I played NBA 2k..

Been playing mostly SF5, Tomb raider, bloodborne, uncharted and RC...im probably bad now

:lol

TrainOfThought5
07-27-2016, 09:34 PM
:lol at "auto cover button"

Why not just sim the game..

:lol todays gamers

philldafunk
07-28-2016, 03:06 PM
Effective immediately I'll no longer be playing against the Warriors online. Just played thru a game with KL guarding Curry, and watched him go 11-24 from 3 with a hand in his face from ultra deep pretty much all game long.

Can't wait to see what 17 will be like once KD is on deck

Chris
07-28-2016, 03:56 PM
You should see people using Curry on Guantlet; it's disgusting tbh :lol Always a major victory when you knock off those faggots who spam Curry 3's all game

apalisoc_9
07-28-2016, 11:03 PM
The Warriors with Durant is unguardable tbh. 2k17 is going to be rough. They should options to cancel game if opponet is using gsw.

AlexJones
07-30-2016, 05:19 PM
2k17 with the PS2 graphics goods

God, I fucking hate 2k with a passion.

baseline bum
07-30-2016, 06:08 PM
2k17 with the PS2 graphics goods

God, I fucking hate 2k with a passion.

Cousins aging like Steve Francis in that photo.