PDA

View Full Version : JJ Redick and Spencer Hawes Talk About Almost Being Traded to Spurs

k_nguyen93
02-23-2016, 02:49 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-vertical-podcast-with-jj-redick--lowry---hawes-143239845.html

They start talking about the Spurs right before the 3 minute mark. According to them the Spurs had interest during the trade deadline in 2013 for JJ and 2014 for Spencer. The JJ one I think we all remember from Woj's coverage. IIRC the Spurs just got outbid by the Bucks. Looking back now I think there's a good chance we would have resigned him too. I think he's only making $6-$7 million a year and he lives in Austin during the offseason. Maybe he would have gotten some more run than Manu in the Finals that year who knows. My guess is Green would have came off the bench instead with Redick starting in the Belinelli role. JJ said the Bucks didn't even contact him about anything after the playoffs when he was a free agent.

The Spencer Hawes trade was news to me. Don't recall any rumors about that and nothing showed up after a quick Google search. Splitter and Hawes swap maybe with an extra player from the 76ers to make the salaries match? Brett might have wanted to bring in a veteran big man he was familiar with. Maybe PATFO had buyers remorse on that Splitter contract given his injury history plus were thinking ahead to freeing cap space for this past summer. Hawes put up decent numbers on a bad Cavs team after being traded. Doc couldn't seem to find a fit for him though.

The other interesting tidbit I got from them was that apparently teams have to pay to put up a player in a hotel for one month after a trade. Nothing fancy, just a regular room.

lefty
02-23-2016, 02:51 PM
Damn JJ would have been a better PG option than Parker tbh

TrainOfThought5
02-23-2016, 03:21 PM
Damn JJ would have been a better PG option than Parker tbh

4/10.

Rusty from the ST break. Youll round into form.

itzsoweezee
02-23-2016, 03:26 PM
Spencer Hawes? Jesus Christ. That really shakes my trust in the front office.

Chinook
02-23-2016, 03:38 PM
2013 was before Patty became Patty. So I think JJ would have played with the bench. He may have been starting now, and hell, he might have been the one kept instead of Green had he been re-signed. But I don't think that's what the Spurs intended for him.

apalisoc_9
02-23-2016, 03:43 PM
Very informative. I doubt most sports personalities can come up with these content. Good for JJ.

DeRozan m8
02-23-2016, 04:01 PM
Eh

hater
02-23-2016, 04:02 PM
Damn if that JJ trade woula gone through...Evita would be banging pots and pans back in buenos aires instead of taking up space in the locker room :cry shame it didnt go through :cry

TheMulletMan3000
02-23-2016, 08:13 PM
thanks for sharing