PDA

View Full Version : 500,000

Nbadan
09-25-2005, 05:33 AM
Numbers
By Scott Galindez
Saturday 24 September 2005 11:08 PM

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/IMAGES/dc_from_monument.jpg

It is safe to say that there were hundreds of thousands of people marching against the war in Iraq today. Police Chief Charles Ramsey's only statement was that the organizers achieved their goal of 100,000. The DC police refused to make any other estimate. C-SPAN estimated 500,000, a number that I believe was possible from my observations. I was on the corner of Pennsylvania and 15th on the steps of Riggs bank when the march began. People were still arriving from all directions. The massive amount of people moving in all directions prevented a front of the march from forming. People just started marching on their own with no marshals anywhere near the front of the march. Thousands of people passed me before any organized contingent. The first major contingent that passed me were thousands of students with signs that said, "college not enlistment." Thousands of people later I finally saw what was intended to be the lead banner. I saw Congresswomen Lynn Woosley, and Barbara Lee, the Reverend Al Sharpton and other dignitaries carrying that banner.

Thousands of people behind that came the Iraq Veterans Against the War. Joan Baez was marching with them right next to Marine Jeff Key and dozens of other veterans of the Iraq war. Behind them was Gold Star Families for Peace. About half a block later came Veterans for Peace, with Military Families Speak Out a short distance behind them. At the time I assumed that they were in the middle of the march. I later found out that while they were not near the front they were much further from the rear.

I moved down to Pennsylvania and 13th to catch the front again and noticed for hours that there were still people heading up 15th Street. I headed to the concert at 4:30 pm, 4 hours after the march began and people were still marching past the White House, only 4 blocks from the march's starting point.

To summarize, it took over 4 hours for people clear out of the ellipse area. I have been to several large marches in Washington, DC, since 1989 and this was by far the largest.

Many, Many more photo's of the Cindy Sheehan sponsored anti-war rally held in Washington DC yesterday. Here (http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/protestphotos.html)

Nbadan
09-25-2005, 05:35 AM
http://www.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2005/09/25/ba_war_protest_calif_can104.jpg

Jeb Eddy joins thousands of demonstrators to protest the war in Iraq on Saturday. Associated Press photo by Noah Berger

more photos at: San Francisco Gate (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object/article?m=/c/pictures/2005/09/25/ba_war_protest_calif_can104.jpg&f=/chronicle/archive/2005/09/24/BAprotest24.DTL)

Nbadan
09-25-2005, 05:37 AM
Meanwhile, on the other side of town..

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/IMAGES/iraq-rally.jpg

whottt
09-25-2005, 07:26 AM
Moveon (http://www.jokes.thefunnybone.com/waves/6farts.wav)

Dos
09-25-2005, 08:02 AM
... lol

Anti-War Demonstrators March on Washington
By JENNIFER C. KERR
The Associated Press
Sunday, September 25, 2005; 1:17 AM

WASHINGTON -- Crowds opposed to the war in Iraq surged past the White House on Saturday, shouting "Peace now" in the largest anti-war protest in the nation's capital since the U.S. invasion.

The rally stretched through the day and into the night, a marathon of music, speechmaking and dissent on the National Mall. Police Chief Charles H. Ramsey, noting that organizers had hoped to draw 100,000 people, said, "I think they probably hit that."

Speakers from the stage attacked President Bush's policies head on, but he was not at the White House to hear it. He spent the day in Colorado and Texas, monitoring hurricane recovery.

Pistons < Spurs
09-25-2005, 09:22 AM
500,000 my ass.......

xrayzebra
09-25-2005, 09:24 AM
Numbers
By Scott Galindez
Saturday 24 September 2005 11:08 PM

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/IMAGES/dc_from_monument.jpg

Many, Many more photo's of the Cindy Sheehan sponsored anti-war rally held in Washington DC yesterday. Here (http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/protestphotos.html)

Don't you mean anti-American war rally?

CharlieMac
09-25-2005, 09:28 AM
I wonder how many causes were squeezed into this protest.

jochhejaam
09-25-2005, 09:32 AM
http://www.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2005/09/25/ba_war_protest_calif_can104.jpg

Jeb Eddy joins thousands of demonstrators to protest the war in Iraq on Saturday. Associated Press photo by Noah Berger

more photos at: San Francisco Gate (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object/article?m=/c/pictures/2005/09/25/ba_war_protest_calif_can104.jpg&f=/chronicle/archive/2005/09/24/BAprotest24.DTL)

That's James Garner! What the ....!!!

:lol

http://www.jessicabrooks.com/president/no%20liberals.gif

xrayzebra
09-25-2005, 09:35 AM
I wonder how many causes were squeezed into this protest.

Now you know where all the communist went after the fall of communist Russia. Green Peace, old Viet Nam protestors who want the past back, people for progress (whoever they are). The homeless looking for something, Someone looking to get laid, make love not war. I loved one picture of one of Cindy's handlers, had her Bra on the outside of her shirt...LOL. You name them, they were there. I am sure Phil Baby was there. But funny, I didn't see any of the Dimm-o-crap Pols names mentioned......very strange, do they know something our tin-hat friend doesn't know?

Vashner
09-25-2005, 09:46 AM
Nice rally... looks like they had fun...
http://home.satx.rr.com/krograth/images/sheehan01.jpg

http://home.satx.rr.com/krograth/images/insurgen01.jpg

Johnny Tightlips
09-25-2005, 09:46 AM
Who says I been photoshoppin' badly?

jochhejaam
09-25-2005, 10:15 AM
An infamous quote from da rev sharpton at the event "George Bush, you need to know that broken levees are weapons of mass destruction".

and taken from the Toledo Blade newspaper account;
"The emotional highlight of the event on the Ellipse came with the arrival of Cindy Sheehan"...

Also "almost no members of congress attended the event".

nuff said

Vashner
09-25-2005, 10:18 AM
Whoever built that chump thing.. it was only like 1 foot of crete... DAMIIT IT's ALL about the C R E T E!!! make it 30 foot thick with rebar and 30 foot tall...

smeagol
09-25-2005, 12:00 PM
If you oppose the war, you are Anti-American. Everybody knows that!

jochhejaam
09-25-2005, 12:58 PM

When war protests become circuses that amount to nothing more than political grandstanding with the exploitation of our soldiers deaths for political expediency's sake, it's time to protest the protests.

No one (I hope) is for our soldiers losing their lives but most are for the fight against terrorism. The majority protesting now are terrorist-sympathizing, bush-hating pacifists who don't understand the mentality of the terrorists (kill Americans, Israeli's, freedom seeking Islamists, etc) or they do understand and don't care. Both ways of thinking exude pure unadulterated ignorance.

Terrorism will not wane by the U.S. abandoning the fight against it or by abandoning the Iraqi's in their quest for freedom from tyrannical governing bodies and the mindless extremist insurgents.

For those that haven't noticed it's evolved into a theatre of battle against the terrorists, why are they protesting that?

There is no meeting of minds, no point of understanding with such terror. Just a choice: Defeat it or be defeated by it. And defeat it we must.
Tony Blair

Dos
09-25-2005, 01:18 PM
but look at all these countries that haven't invaded iraq!

damn al qeda dirty-bombed the shit out of them

yeah terrorist have never attacked other countries pre-911 .. lmfao..

Terrorist Attacks
(within the United States or against Americans abroad)

Sept. 16, New York City: TNT bomb planted in unattended horse-drawn wagon exploded on Wall Street opposite House of Morgan, killing 35 people and injuring hundreds more. Bolshevist or anarchist terrorists believed responsible, but crime never solved.

Jan. 24, New York City: bomb set off in historic Fraunces Tavern killed 4 and injured more than 50 people. Puerto Rican nationalist group (FALN) claimed responsibility, and police tied 13 other bombings to the group.

Nov. 4, Tehran, Iran: Iranian radical students seized the U.S. embassy, taking 66 hostages. 14 were later released. The remaining 52 were freed after 444 days on the day of President Reagan's inauguration.

1982–1991
Lebanon: Thirty US and other Western hostages kidnapped in Lebanon by Hezbollah. Some were killed, some died in captivity, and some were eventually released. Terry Anderson was held for 2,454 days.

April 18, Beirut, Lebanon: U.S. embassy destroyed in suicide car-bomb attack; 63 dead, including 17 Americans. The Islamic Jihad claimed responsibility.
Oct. 23, Beirut, Lebanon: Shiite suicide bombers exploded truck near U.S. military barracks at Beirut airport, killing 241 Marines. Minutes later a second bomb killed 58 French paratroopers in their barracks in West Beirut.
Dec. 12, Kuwait City, Kuwait Shiite truck bombers attacked the U.S. embassy and other targets, killing 5 and injuring 80.

Sept. 20, east Beirut, Lebanon: truck bomb exploded outside the U.S. embassy annex, killing 24, including 2 U.S. military.
Dec. 3, Beirut, Lebanon: Kuwait Airways Flight 221, from Kuwait to Pakistan, hijacked and diverted to Tehran. 2 Americans killed.

April 12, Madrid, Spain: Bombing at restaurant frequented by U.S. soldiers, killed 18 Spaniards and injured 82.
June 14, Beirut, Lebanon: TWA Flight 847 en route from Athens to Rome hijacked to Beirut by Hezbollah terrorists and held for 17 days. A U.S. Navy diver executed.
Oct. 7, Mediterranean Sea: gunmen attack Italian cruise ship, Achille Lauro. One U.S. tourist killed. Hijacking linked to Libya.
Dec. 18, Rome, Italy, and Vienna, Austria: airports in Rome and Vienna were bombed, killing 20 people, 5 of whom were Americans. Bombing linked to Libya.

April 2, Athens, Greece:A bomb exploded aboard TWA flight 840 en route from Rome to Athens, killing 4 Americans and injuring 9.
April 5, West Berlin, Germany: Libyans bombed a disco frequented by U.S. servicemen, killing 2 and injuring hundreds.

Dec. 21, Lockerbie, Scotland: N.Y.-bound Pan-Am Boeing 747 exploded in flight from a terrorist bomb and crashed into Scottish village, killing all 259 aboard and 11 on the ground. Passengers included 35 Syracuse University students and many U.S. military personnel. Libya formally admitted responsibility 15 years later (Aug. 2003) and offered $2.7 billion compensation to victims' families.

Feb. 26, New York City: bomb exploded in basement garage of World Trade Center, killing 6 and injuring at least 1,040 others. In 1995, militant Islamist Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman and 9 others were convicted of conspiracy charges, and in 1998, Ramzi Yousef, believed to have been the mastermind, was convicted of the bombing. Al-Qaeda involvement is suspected.

April 19, Oklahoma City: car bomb exploded outside federal office building, collapsing wall and floors. 168 people were killed, including 19 children and 1 person who died in rescue effort. Over 220 buildings sustained damage. Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols later convicted in the antigovernment plot to avenge the Branch Davidian standoff in Waco, Tex., exactly 2 years earlier. (See Miscellaneous Disasters.)
Nov. 13, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia: car bomb exploded at U.S. military headquarters, killing 5 U.S. military servicemen.

June 25, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia: truck bomb exploded outside Khobar Towers military complex, killing 19 American servicemen and injuring hundreds of others. 13 Saudis and a Lebanese, all alleged members of Islamic militant group Hezbollah, were indicted on charges relating to the attack in June 2001.

Aug. 7, Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania: truck bombs exploded almost simultaneously near 2 U.S. embassies, killing 224 (213 in Kenya and 11 in Tanzania) and injuring about 4,500. 4 men connected with al-Qaeda 2 of whom had received training at al-Qaeda camps inside Afghanistan, were convicted of the killings in May 2001 and later sentenced to life in prison. A federal grand jury had indicted 22 men in connection with the attacks, including Saudi dissident Osama bin Laden, who remained at large.

Oct. 12, Aden, Yemen: U.S. Navy destroyer USS Cole heavily damaged when a small boat loaded with explosives blew up alongside it. 17 sailors killed. Linked to Osama bin Laden, or members of al-Qaeda terrorist network.

Sept. 11, New York City, Arlington, Va., and Shanksville, Pa.: hijackers crashed 2 commercial jets into twin towers of World Trade Center; 2 more hijacked jets were crashed into the Pentagon and a field in rural Pa. Total dead and missing numbered 2,9921: 2,749 in New York City, 184 at the Pentagon, 40 in Pa., and 19 hijackers. Islamic al-Qaeda terrorist group blamed. (See September 11, 2001: Timeline of Terrorism.)

Dos
09-25-2005, 01:23 PM
international incidents of terrorism pre 911

"Bloody Friday," July 21, 1972: An Irish Republican Army (IRA) bomb attacks killed eleven people and injure 130 in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Ten days later, three IRA car bomb attacks in the village of Claudy left six dead.

Munich Olympic Massacre, September 5, 1972: Eight Palestinian "Black September" terrorists seized eleven Israeli athletes in the Olympic Village in Munich, West Germany. In a bungled rescue attempt by West German authorities, nine of the hostages and five terrorists were killed.

Attack and Hijacking at the Rome Airport, December 17, 1973: Five terrorists pulled weapons from their luggage in the terminal lounge at the Rome airport, killing two persons. They then attacked a Pan American 707 bound for Beirut and Tehran, destroying it with incendiary grenades and killing 29 persons, including 4 senior Moroccan officials and 14 American employees of ARAMCO. They then herded 5 Italian hostages into a Lufthansa airliner and killed an Italian customs agent as he tried to escape, after which they forced the pilot to fly to Beirut. After Lebanese authorities refused to let the plane land, it landed in Athens, where the terrorists demanded the release of 2 Arab terrorists. In order to make Greek authorities comply with their demands, the terrorists killed a hostage and threw his body onto the tarmac. The plane then flew to Damascus, where it stopped for two hours to obtain fuel and food. It then flew to Kuwait, where the terrorists released their hostages in return for passage to an unknown destination. The Palestine Liberation Organization disavowed the attack, and no group claimed responsibility for it.

Entebbe Hostage Crisis, June 27, 1976: Members of the Baader-Meinhof Group and the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) seized an Air France airliner and its 258 passengers. They forced the plane to land in Uganda. On July 3 Israeli commandos successfully rescued the passengers.

but you can read about more here..

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ho/pubs/fs/5902.htm

just give me a f***ing clue history did not start when W took office....

hussker
09-25-2005, 01:30 PM
Half a million people? There must be quite a few in the water there? GLUB GLUB...Gettin in touch with the refusees of NOLA, or should I say the Modern Day Atlantis.

Jacques Chirac is probably thrilled at the historic sale! What a $15M investment the Frogs made 200 yrs ago...

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-25-2005, 02:07 PM
:lol When the emotional leader of your protest nest is escaped mental patient Cindy Sheehan, you've got problems.

boutons
09-25-2005, 03:09 PM
washingtonpost.com

Praise, Anger at Pro-War Rally in D.C.

By ELISABETH GOODRIDGE

The Associated Press
Sunday, September 25, 2005; 2:32 PM

WASHINGTON -- Support for U.S. troops fighting abroad mixed with anger toward anti-war demonstrators at home as hundreds of people, far fewer than organizers had expected, rallied Sunday on the National Mall just a day after a massive protest against the war in Iraq.

"No matter what your ideals are, our sons and daughters are fighting for our freedom," said Marilyn Faatz, who drove from New Jersey to attend the rally.

(BS: the war is being fought exclusively for the Repubs 2004 re-election campagn and for inflating oil prices to flush $Bs of windfall profits into oilco coffers. )

"We are making a mockery out of this. And we need to stand united, but we are not."

(the Repbus are making a mockery of running the country.)

About 400 people gathered near a stage on an eastern segment of the mall, a large photo of an American flag serving as a backdrop. Amid banners and signs proclaiming support for U.S. troops, several speakers hailed the effort to bring democracy to Iraq and Afghanistan and denounced those who protest it.

Many demonstrators focused their ire at Cindy Sheehan, the California woman whose protest near President Bush's Texas home last summer galvanized the anti-war movement. Sheehan was among the speakers at Saturday's rally near the Washington Monument on the western part of the mall, an event that attracted an estimated 100,000 people.

"The group who spoke here the other day did not represent the American ideals of freedom, liberty and spreading that around the world," Sen. Jeff Sessions, an Alabama Republican, told the crowd. "I frankly don't know what they represent, other than blaming America first."

(When the Repubs start a bogus war based on lies, who the fuck else ya gonna blame? And, Repubs DO-NOT-EQUAL America)

One sign on the mall read "Cindy Sheehan doesn't speak for me" and another "Arrest the traitors"; it listed Sheehan's name first among several people who have spoken against the war.

Melody Vigna, 44, of Linden, Calif., said she wants nothing to do with Sheehan and others at nearby Camp Casey, an anti-war site set up to honor her son, Casey, who was killed in Iraq.

"Our troops are over there fighting for our rights, and if she was in one of those countries she would not be able to do that," Vigna said.

(BS: the troops are doing what they are told. The war is strcitly for the Repubs, not for America.)

( "she would not be able to do that", ... if the Repubs had their way, they would remove the freedom and right of expression of dissent and anti-war deomonstrations.)

The husband of Sherri Francescon, 24, of Camp Lejeune, N.C., serves in the Marine Corps in Iraq. One of the many military wives who spoke during the rally, Francescon said that the anti-war demonstration had left her frustrated.

"I know how much my husband does and how hard he works, and I feel like they don't even recognize that and give him the respect he deserves," Francescon said.

( hey dumbass, it's an anti-(Repub)war demonstration, NOT an anti-military demonstration. The military is just a neutral tool of the Repub policy, being abused, deteriorated, and sacrificed by the Repubs. I have nothing against the military, and support them 100% by calling this war BULLSHIT and unworthy of our military's involvement)

"I want him to know and I want his unit to know that America is behind them, Cindy doesn't speak for us, and that we believe in what they are doing."

Organizers of Sunday's demonstration acknowledged that their rally would be much smaller than the anti-war protest but had hoped that as many as 20,000 people would turn out.

( shows how connected to reality the pro-war people are.
20,000? how about some "hundreds" )

On Saturday, demonstrators opposed to the war in Iraq surged past the White House in the largest anti-war protest in the nation's capital since the U.S. invasion. The rally stretched through the night, a marathon of music, speechmaking and dissent on the mall.

whottt
09-25-2005, 03:35 PM

They aren't opposing the war...they are opposing America. When was the last time you saw them protesting the terrorists?

Pacifists my ass. When you call us the bad guys and label them the freedom fighters you are definitely anti-American. We were at war in Iraq to remove Saddam...

RandomGuy
09-25-2005, 04:08 PM
Don't you mean anti-American war rally?
http://www.oldamericancentury.org/dissent2.jpg

RandomGuy
09-25-2005, 04:09 PM
They aren't opposing the war...they are opposing America. When was the last time you saw them protesting the terrorists?

Pacifists my ass. When you call us the bad guys and label them the freedom fighters you are definitely anti-American. We were at war in Iraq to remove Saddam...
http://www.oldamericancentury.org/mommy_stupid.jpg

RandomGuy
09-25-2005, 04:16 PM
No one (I hope) is for our soldiers losing their lives but most are for the fight against terrorism. The majority protesting now are terrorist-sympathizing, bush-hating pacifists who don't understand the mentality of the terrorists (kill Americans, Israeli's, freedom seeking Islamists, etc) or they do understand and don't care. Both ways of thinking exude pure unadulterated ignorance.

Terrorism will not wane by the U.S. abandoning the fight against it or by abandoning the Iraqi's in their quest for freedom from tyrannical governing bodies and the mindless extremist insurgents.

For those that haven't noticed it's evolved into a theatre of battle against the terrorists, why are they protesting that?

The war in Iraq did more to strengthen the ideology of extreme Islam than anything our opponents did.

It devided us from our traditional allies in Europe.

It gave our enemies propaganda pictures galore from Abu Gharaib and elsewhere.

It gave the jihadists a training ground better than the camps in Afghanistan.

European intelligence services are starting to see an influx of muslims coming back from Iraq after training.

Iraq had NOTHING to do with the "war" on terrorism until we made it that way.
We played into their hands with this soup sandwich.

RandomGuy
09-25-2005, 04:29 PM

China Issues New Rules for News Websites
By VOA News
25 September 2005

China has imposed new rules on Internet news sites in another step to regulate web sites in the country.

The official Xinhua news agency says the new regulations are effective immediately.

It says Internet news sites and content must provide information that is beneficial to the public and state. It added that sites are prohibited from spreading news that goes against China's security and public interest.

Chinese authorities closely monitor Internet content and remove sites they believe are inappropriate. China also requires people to register their websites and blogs.

If it ain't patriotic, it should be banned. I think you and the Chinese government are in agreement there.

jochhejaam
09-25-2005, 04:40 PM
[QUOTE=RandomGuy]Iraq had NOTHING to do with the "war" on terrorism until we made it that way. [QUOTE]

And that's officially and without arguement the final and popular consensus? Because RG says so?

The point I made is that it has been for some time and is today the main artery of terrorist insurgency and is the main theatre of battle where terrorism is being fought.
Argue the historical points of the War, which are presently irrelevant to the battles taking place, with the other pacifists who would prefer we be picked apart by the terrorist's a hundred or a thousand at a time on our soil. As for now, we are fighting a sick, demonic, demented enemy who arbitrarily maim and kill regardless age, gender, race, nationality or political affiliation!

Nbadan
09-25-2005, 05:41 PM
[QUOTE=RandomGuy]Iraq had NOTHING to do with the "war" on terrorism until we made it that way. [QUOTE]

And that's officially and without arguement the final and popular consensus? Because RG says so?

The point I made is that it has been for some time and is today the main artery of terrorist insurgency and is the main theatre of battle where terrorism is being fought.

Argue the historical points of the War, which are presently irrelevant to the battles taking place, with the other pacifists who would prefer we be picked apart by the terrorist's a hundred or a thousand at a time on our soil. As for now, we are fighting a sick, demonic, demented enemy who arbitrarily maim and kill regardless age, gender, race, nationality or political affiliation!

The historical aspect of the war is very relevant. At what point do we realize that Iraq is a growing terror state because we made it that way? We are inciting more and more of the region's Arab population to raise arms against us than we can arrest, kill and murder because of our cultural indifference and utopian dreams. As in Vietnam, at some point the U.S. is going to have to withdrawal a majority of it's troops. We cannot afford to have over 100,000 there forever. The Iraqi forces we have trained to fill the eventual void left by American troops and the police in many municipalities are infected with Iraqis who are sympathetic to the insurgents.
The insurgents are there for the long-haul, willing to wait out the American presence.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-25-2005, 06:03 PM
All I'm saying is that I'm glad we're at war, the deficit is rising like no other, jobs are being exported, the borders are open, and every poor school district is desperately seeking full time teachers.

whottt
09-25-2005, 06:27 PM
http://www.oldamericancentury.org/mommy_stupid.jpg

Mommy, why do faggot ass liberals protect the terrorists, who hate us because of our faggot ass liberals, and why don't they understand the root cause of terrorism is all the despotic anti-Democratic leaders in power over there and that installing a liberal government puts pressure on all the terrorist producing states to become more Democratic and therefore less despotic(and less likely to produce future terrorists?

Suzy, you are 4 years old and thus have a greater understanding of the impact of opressive rule on people than the average liberal. Someday, when the liberals achieve your level of political IQ they'll understand as well. You have to realize that the anti-war movement is cowardly, ambivalent to the suffering of the people in the middle east, much like they were to the millions of Vietnames and Cambodians who they were responsible for slaughtering after the US pulled out of vietnam, completely ignorant of the root causes of terrorism and how to combat it, and are actually a bunch of fucking racist bigots who don't believe those savage mideasterners can embrace freedom when given the opportunity, in short Suzy, liberals think you can suck arab dick for another 80 years and it will have a better result than it did the first 80 years...Suzy, I guess the answer is that they are so fucking stupid that their political insight can be summed up on a bumper sticker or stupid picture...I guess you could say they are retards...But just remember Suzy, if they say the same things Usama says...they support Usama and therefore you should vote in a way that makes sure they don't have any say in how the government is run....best to leave them protesting like a bunch of idiots where they can do the least amount of harm and their support of terrorist murderers is only symbolic.

Ok Mommy...but why do they act like this is Vietnam when there is no longer a draft and our service is volunteer?

Suzy...I think on some level they realize this...but basically they are scared because the terrorists are fighting back...Remember...they are stupider than an average 4 year old, and only support wars where the opposition doesn't fight back, they don't understand that the terrorists are going to fight back and think it's a disaster that they have chosen to do so...You see...they'd rather have the terrorists spread out in the world working in the shadows as opposed to being attacked conventionally in Iraq.

Geez Mommy...those motherfuckers are stupid.

jochhejaam
09-25-2005, 06:40 PM
At what point do we realize that Iraq is a growing terror state because we made it that way? .

And who's responsible for the terrorist's killing innocent Islamic, American, Israeli, Russian, British, Spanish, etc., women and children?

whottt
09-25-2005, 06:41 PM
[i]

If it ain't patriotic, it should be banned.

Well, at least you are honest about it not being patriotic...

I think you and the Chinese government are in agreement there.

Link to where I said it should be banned?

That's what I thought.

Protest away...but freedom of speech is a two way street...if you use your freedom of speech in a way that I feel is detrimental to the country, I certainly have a right to express my opinion the subject as well..or aren't I allowed the same modicum of Free Speech you are? Who is the commie here again? Use your free speech...just don't whine when you get judged for what comes out of your mouth...you guys get 1/10 of the abuse you heap on the elected leader of this country....

I mean if you speak out advocating pedophillia, and I call you a pedophile, that doesn't mean I am a commie.....it's just means I am telling the truth.

You'll understand what I mean when you turn 4(mentally)...

whottt
09-25-2005, 06:52 PM
Mommy, why is it that they never protested Saddam, Usama or the Taliban, that it's only America they protest? And why do they think it's horrible that we are attempting to install a Democratic humane and liberal government in the Middle East?

Well....Suzy, it's because they hate America and Democracy, not Saddam, Usama and the Taliban, Communism and Millitant Islam, and they don't give a shit about the people in that region of the world, and in fact are probably being funded by the terrorists themselves and other anti-Democratic organizations, like the anti Vietnam movement was funded by the communists...isn't that obvious?

hussker
09-25-2005, 06:53 PM
washingtonpost.com

Praise, Anger at Pro-War Rally in D.C.

By ELISABETH GOODRIDGE

The Associated Press
Sunday, September 25, 2005; 2:32 PM

WASHINGTON -- Support for U.S. troops fighting abroad mixed with anger toward anti-war demonstrators at home as hundreds of people, far fewer than organizers had expected, rallied Sunday on the National Mall just a day after a massive protest against the war in Iraq.

"No matter what your ideals are, our sons and daughters are fighting for our freedom," said Marilyn Faatz, who drove from New Jersey to attend the rally.

(BS: the war is being fought exclusively for the Repubs 2004 re-election campagn and for inflating oil prices to flush $Bs of windfall profits into oilco coffers. )

"We are making a mockery out of this. And we need to stand united, but we are not."

(the Repbus are making a mockery of running the country.)

About 400 people gathered near a stage on an eastern segment of the mall, a large photo of an American flag serving as a backdrop. Amid banners and signs proclaiming support for U.S. troops, several speakers hailed the effort to bring democracy to Iraq and Afghanistan and denounced those who protest it.

Many demonstrators focused their ire at Cindy Sheehan, the California woman whose protest near President Bush's Texas home last summer galvanized the anti-war movement. Sheehan was among the speakers at Saturday's rally near the Washington Monument on the western part of the mall, an event that attracted an estimated 100,000 people.

"The group who spoke here the other day did not represent the American ideals of freedom, liberty and spreading that around the world," Sen. Jeff Sessions, an Alabama Republican, told the crowd. "I frankly don't know what they represent, other than blaming America first."

(When the Repubs start a bogus war based on lies, who the fuck else ya gonna blame? And, Repubs DO-NOT-EQUAL America)

One sign on the mall read "Cindy Sheehan doesn't speak for me" and another "Arrest the traitors"; it listed Sheehan's name first among several people who have spoken against the war.

Melody Vigna, 44, of Linden, Calif., said she wants nothing to do with Sheehan and others at nearby Camp Casey, an anti-war site set up to honor her son, Casey, who was killed in Iraq.

"Our troops are over there fighting for our rights, and if she was in one of those countries she would not be able to do that," Vigna said.

(BS: the troops are doing what they are told. The war is strcitly for the Repubs, not for America.)

( "she would not be able to do that", ... if the Repubs had their way, they would remove the freedom and right of expression of dissent and anti-war deomonstrations.)

The husband of Sherri Francescon, 24, of Camp Lejeune, N.C., serves in the Marine Corps in Iraq. One of the many military wives who spoke during the rally, Francescon said that the anti-war demonstration had left her frustrated.

"I know how much my husband does and how hard he works, and I feel like they don't even recognize that and give him the respect he deserves," Francescon said.

( hey dumbass, it's an anti-(Repub)war demonstration, NOT an anti-military demonstration. The military is just a neutral tool of the Repub policy, being abused, deteriorated, and sacrificed by the Repubs. I have nothing against the military, and support them 100% by calling this war BULLSHIT and unworthy of our military's involvement)

"I want him to know and I want his unit to know that America is behind them, Cindy doesn't speak for us, and that we believe in what they are doing."

Organizers of Sunday's demonstration acknowledged that their rally would be much smaller than the anti-war protest but had hoped that as many as 20,000 people would turn out.

( shows how connected to reality the pro-war people are.
20,000? how about some "hundreds" )

On Saturday, demonstrators opposed to the war in Iraq surged past the White House in the largest anti-war protest in the nation's capital since the U.S. invasion. The rally stretched through the night, a marathon of music, speechmaking and dissent on the mall.

Do you feel better now?

hussker
09-25-2005, 06:55 PM
WHOTT....Great post!!!!

mookie2001
09-25-2005, 07:04 PM
Mommy, why is it that they never protested Saddam, Usama or the Taliban, that it's only America they protest?
And why do they think it's horrible that we are attempting to install a Democratic humane and liberal government in the Middle East?

Well....Suzy, it's because they hate America and Democracy, not Saddam, Usama and the Taliban, Communism and Millitant Islam, and they don't give a shit about the people in that region of the world, and in fact are probably being funded by the terrorists themselves and other anti-Democratic organizations, like the anti Vietnam movement was funded by the communists...isn't that obvious?using your constitutional rights is anti-american and anti-democratic, remember you constitution loving libs

whottt
09-25-2005, 07:15 PM
using your constitutional rights is anti-american and anti-democratic, remember you constitution loving libs

Again we see clear evidence of the stupidity of the libs....Notice how they try to wrap their terrorist sympathizing and anti-Americanism in the constitution?

I mean let's apply this logic to other issues besides the Iraq war...

Constitution gives you the right to bear arms...if you go buy a gun and then shoot at US soldiers with it...that is anti-American, and me saying so is not infringing on your constitional rights.

If you speak on a message board and spew a bunch of racial hatred...like saying...oh for instance..you hate rich white people...me calling you a racist is not an attack on your constitutional rights...as pointed out earlier...it's merely being truthful.

It's not excercising your freedom of speech that makes you anti-American...it's what you say when using it that gives you that label and the constitution gives me the the right to say so. As much as you may hate the truth.

IF you use your freedom of speech to say America is evil and should be destroyed or the government should be over thrown...that makes you an anti-American....

When you turn 4(mentally) you'll get it...right now it's too compex for you to understand..but just realize the inability to comprehend lies on your side...

Spurminator
09-25-2005, 07:18 PM

They were out voting and doing other stuff that actually makes any kind of difference in anything.

mookie2001
09-25-2005, 07:22 PM
Again we see clear evidence of the stupidity of the libs....Notice how they try to wrap their terrorist sympathizing and anti-Americanism in the flag?

I mean let's use apply this logic to other issues besides the Iraq war...

Constitution gives you the right to bear arms...if you go buy a gun and then shoot at US soldiers with it...that is anti-American, and me calling so is not infringing on your constitional rights.

If you speak on a message board and spew a bunch of racial hatred...like saying...oh for instance..you hate rich white people...me calling you a racist is not an attack on your constitutional rights...as pointed out earlier...it's merely being truthful. nobody here has ever done that

If not excercising your freedom of speech that makes you anti-American...it's what you say when using that gives you that label.

IF you use your freedom of speech to say America is evil and should be destroyed or the government should be over thrown...that makes you an anti-American....
the problem you have you stupid motherfucker is
is that people say things you dont want to hear
which is the nature of free speech
i dont agree with some of whatever protesters youre talking about
but nobody is going to challenge free speech over an issue of Martha Stuart Living, its gonna be a case where you dont like whats being said

whottt
09-25-2005, 07:26 PM
nobody here has ever done that

the problem you have you stupid motherfucker is
is that people say things you dont want to hear
which is the nature of free speech

Oh yeah...and you guys are so tolerant of those with differing views...

i dont agree with some of whatever protesters youre talking about
but nobody is going to challenge free speech over an issue of Martha Stuart Living, its gonna be a case where you dont like whats being said

Who is denying them their right to free speech? Show me in the constitution where I don't have a right to judge someone for their opinion...

How hard is it to figure out that it's not free speech I have a problem with...

mookie2001
09-25-2005, 07:26 PM
like you said youve got the right to call anyone anything
except if you tell cheney to go fuck himself

mookie2001
09-25-2005, 07:27 PM
well explain "protest zones" to me

hussker
09-25-2005, 07:27 PM

Meanwhile, as a matter of history:

PRESIDENTIAL RESULTS (270 Electoral Votes Needed to Win)

Electoral Votes Popular Votes % Popular Votes

Bush (R) 286 60,693,281 51

Kerry (D) 252 57,355,978 48

Get geared up for 08...Slam the Lame Duck as much as you can...it only adds to the rhetoric your side has already spouted.

PSSST....Don't spend too much time figuring out how to beat George Bush. It did not help you when he was running for office. :)

hussker
09-25-2005, 07:30 PM
like you said youve got the right to call anyone anything
except if you tell cheney to go fuck himself

BUGGERING oneself is probably tough enough, let alone post operatively. Lay off the old guy intil he gets better.
(By the way, I was a Med School Classmate of the guy who tends to the VEEP and his family)

whottt
09-25-2005, 07:34 PM
Liberal Logic at work:

Terrorist Sympathizer: Bush is evil. America is the most murderous country on earth. Those killing US soldiers in Iraq are freedom fighters. I hate America. Arab Jizz tastes great. Anyone who doesn't agrree with us is a murder and the true terrorist.

Intelligent Responder: Geeez what a disgusting anti-American piece of shit you are, I loathe you and I think you are demoralizing our troops and aiding those we are fighting.

Terrorist sympathizer: You are denying my right to Free Speech!

:wtf

Retards.

hussker
09-25-2005, 07:37 PM
And to think Today is Ben Franklin's 300th Birthday. If we had only kept the wisdom before we buried the man...

mookie2001
09-25-2005, 07:37 PM
im only 3 mentally
explain protest zones

hussker
09-25-2005, 07:39 PM
Liberal Logic at work:

Terrorist Sympathizer: Bush is evil. America is the most murderous country on earth. Those killing US soldiers in Iraq are freedom fighters. I hate America. Arab Jizz tastes great. Anyone who doesn't agrree with us is a murder and the true terrorist.

Intelligent Responder: Geeez what a disgusting anti-American piece of shit you are, I loathe you and I think you are demoralizing our troops and aiding those we are fighting.

Terrorist sympathizer: You are denying my right to Free Speech!

:wtf

Retards.

So true, so true

Spurminator
09-25-2005, 07:43 PM
im only 3 mentally
explain protest zones

Depends on who you ask... they either prevent obstruction that usually happens with large groups of people, or they shield government officials from the barrage of witty posters and catchphrases.

whottt
09-25-2005, 07:46 PM
well explain "protest zones" to me

I don't believe the right to free speech gurantees the right to obstruct traffic or cause civil disorder etc...s'not hard to figure out. You have the right to use it intelligently...not be a dumbass about it, or expect others to be stupid about it when it is being abused .

If you go around saying you want to kill someone and that guy gets killed...you will get investigated because of your comments.

What's the expression? You can't just go and yell fire in a movie theater...

mookie2001
09-25-2005, 07:48 PM
well you could never protest in the middle of the street
i just learned about these during the 04 RNC

i like the name

mookie2001
09-25-2005, 07:49 PM
whats the arguement against free speech?..oh yeah

You can't just go and yell fire in a movie theater...

whottt
09-25-2005, 07:49 PM
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (4 members and 0 guests)
whottt, mookie2001, ChumpDumper, jochhejaam

I have a gut feeling this thread is about to take a turn for the stupid(er)

Spurminator
09-25-2005, 07:50 PM
well you could never protest in the middle of the street

Sure you can, if you're permitted.

They weren't permitted to do so at the RNC in the middle of New York City. All they got was national television exposure for their pithy posters. What a great tragedy.

ChumpDumper
09-25-2005, 07:53 PM
Nice of you to stalk me, but I there isn't much to say. Looked like alot of people, but so what? We're stuck in Iraq for awhile.

jochhejaam
09-25-2005, 07:53 PM
I have a gut feeling this thread is about to take a turn for the stupid(er)