PDA

View Full Version : Seriously??? Patrick Ewing Over David Robinson?

Thomas82
02-24-2016, 06:43 AM
I know this piece by Scoop Jackson is really old, but this is my first time seeing it. Anyway, I don't know how anybody could justify that. This fool even uses The Admiral winning his rings in a supporting role as a cop-out.

Here is the piece:

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=jackson/070307

Horse
02-24-2016, 08:17 AM
The fact that the '99 Knicks were better without Ewing is all you need to know.

baseline bum
02-24-2016, 08:24 AM
I don't know which is worse, him picking Ewing, McAdoo, or Mikan over Robinson.

K...
02-24-2016, 09:22 AM
This article is basically him saying "here's the top eight, I'm going to just list some names until I hit my word limit"

SpursforSix
02-24-2016, 11:08 AM
I don't know which is worse, him picking Ewing, McAdoo, or Mikan over Robinson.

Ewing is the worst imo because they played at the same time and it's pretty easy to make a direct comparison.

Thomas82
02-24-2016, 12:01 PM
I looked on a few message boards and a lot of folks were saying that Ewing was better. They even said that he was a better leader than Robinson because he won more playoff series and got his team further as the main option. Some of them even said Ewing was the better player of the two.

lefty
02-24-2016, 12:49 PM
Ewing was better tbh

Took Hakeem to a game 7 with a shitty supporting cast

Robby got raped without lube in 6

Horse
02-24-2016, 01:19 PM
Ewing was better tbh

Get the fuck out of here those were some really good knicks teams ewing played with.

barbacoataco
02-24-2016, 01:23 PM
Robinson has way better stats, and his teams won a lot of games. Just because Vinny Del Negro was the starting SG during his best years doesn't make him worse. Robinson was the better defender by far. This whole thing of boiling his whole career down to the 1995 Houston series is ridiculous. Every one of the all time greats got their ass kicked at one time or another. But somehow for Robinson's whole career is tainted by the perception that he failed in that series.

Look at the MVP votes, and you'll see that DRob, Olajuwon, and Shaq were the top big men of that era and Patrick Ewing was a knotch below.

Horse
02-24-2016, 01:24 PM
Robinson has way better stats, and his teams won a lot of games. Just because Vinny Del Negro was the starting SG during his best years doesn't make him worse. Robinson was the better defender by far. This whole thing of boiling his whole career down to the 1995 Houston series is ridiculous. Every one of the all time greats got their ass kicked at one time or another. But somehow for Robinson's whole career is tainted by the perception that he failed in that series.

Look at the MVP votes, and you'll see that DRob, Olajuwon, and Shaq were the top big men of that era and Patrick Ewing was a knotch below.

Damn right and outside of that series Drob got the best of hakeem

barbacoataco
02-24-2016, 01:28 PM
The people watching at the time thought Robinson was better, and the advanced stats confirm it.

lefty
02-24-2016, 01:42 PM
Get the fuck out of here those were some really good knicks teams ewing played with.
MEh

BatManu20
02-24-2016, 01:55 PM
Ewing was better tbhTook Hakeem to a game 7 with a shitty supporting castRobby got raped without lube in 6Robinson is better statistically for his career in almost every category, except points and rebounds, despite playing 3 less seasons than Ewing. D-Rob has more blocks, points, steals, assists, etc. He was a significantly better defender. Had a career 26 PER compared to Ewing's 21. Has an MVP & DPOY award, Ewing has neither. Has 2 rings, Ewing none. Not sure how you can say Pat was the better player. One series doesn't define a player, and Hakeem owned Shaq in the Finals the very next series. Not like that Spurs team was stacked anyways.

MoSpur
02-24-2016, 02:03 PM
David Robinson had and still has a lot of haters.

lefty
02-24-2016, 02:17 PM
Robinson is better statistically for his career in almost every category, except points and rebounds, despite playing 3 less seasons than Ewing. D-Rob has more blocks, points, steals, assists, etc. He was a significantly better defender. Had a career 26 PER compared to Ewing's 21. Has an MVP & DPOY award, Ewing has neither. Has 2 rings, Ewing none. Not sure how you can say Pat was the better player. One series doesn't define a player, and Hakeem owned Shaq in the Finals the very next series. Not like that Spurs team was stacked anyways.
:lol Hook, Line and Sinker

TheGreatYacht
02-24-2016, 02:28 PM
lefty saying Ewing was surrounded with scrubs :lol wut?

Prime Robinson was surrounded by scrubs.

Thomas82
02-24-2016, 02:48 PM
Damn right and outside of that series Drob got the best of hakeem

A 30-12 career record against him!! Detractors might point to him going 13-1 against Hakeem after Tim Duncan joined the team, but he still had a winning record against The Dream even before TD got there......17-11 to be exact.

SpursforSix
02-24-2016, 02:52 PM
the legacy of Patrick Ewing

oq3nvSyuWEg

ElNono
02-24-2016, 02:58 PM
Trolling is in, tbh... see Trump, Donald...

baseline bum
02-24-2016, 03:38 PM
Ewing was better tbh

LOL didn't Ewing shoot like 35% in that series? :lol

lefty
02-24-2016, 03:45 PM
LOL didn't Ewing shoot like 35% in that series? :lol
:lol you know I was trolling right?

lefty
02-24-2016, 03:46 PM
Oh and the refs absolutely robbed the Knicks in the 1993 ECF.

Game 5 was a travesty

baseline bum
02-24-2016, 03:49 PM
:lol you know I was trolling right?

Not quite like your Al Qaeda boys who went 3/4 on the biggest stage.

dbreiden83080
02-24-2016, 06:26 PM
The fact that the '99 Knicks were better without Ewing is all you need to know.

I would not say they were better, but they were being built for life after him. Ewing was all beat up and done at that point. Ewing is very underrated. He had immense heart and guts. Got stuck playing in the same conference and era as the GOAT..

dbreiden83080
02-24-2016, 06:31 PM
lefty saying Ewing was surrounded with scrubs :lol wut?

Prime Robinson was surrounded by scrubs.

They both were.. Ewing's second option in his prime was John Starks. A guy who was undrafted, and was once bagging groceries begging teams for a tryout..

lefty
02-24-2016, 09:46 PM
I would not say they were better, but they were being built for life after him. Ewing was all beat up and done at that point. Ewing is very underrated. He had immense heart and guts. Got stuck playing in the same conference and era as the GOAT..

This.

Although his team still got robbed in 93