PDA

View Full Version : Way to help hurricane victims, NBA writer and Rotarian = auction of golf package

Rummpd
09-25-2005, 08:29 AM
This is not basketball related but I write on the NBA (Basketball News Service ala Hoopsworld) and also spent 2 weeks in TX working with the evacuees. I also recognize also the good work the NBA players did there and elsewhere (The Spurs, Rockets, and other NBA players went around commonly sometimes in groups other times quietly and there were some major private donations and team donations made + Shaq's work)

Anyway the deal = in conjunction with my Rotary Club in Wayne, PA I am auctioning off a golf package I had won in a local golf tournament for a golf package at a renowned resort in Amelia Island (near Jacksonville, FL) for 3 nights and 2 days of golf for four in a luxury suite with 2 bedrooms (and I believe a pull out coach as well).

It does not include air but SW (and other airlines) fly from San Antonio, Houston, Orange County, LAX, and other places. It is also only about a hour and half drive from Orlando and the attractions there. Amelia Island = is spectacular and includes a world famous nightclub that has a miliary pilot motiff/shopping/private beach and also is co-located with a Ritz Carlton resort.

So far the bid is at $600.00 and you have one year until Oct 30, 2006 to use it. The Funds will go to the Salvation Army that is leading all donations in conjuntion with the Red Cross down there (the Red Cross has received so much already, but the SA is not getting the same needed bolus of funds).

Serious replies to [email protected] or [email protected] attention Dr. Peter Rumm. You can also call my work number and leave a message at 215-762-1652. I will return calls as soon as possible or e-mails.

To actually place a bid, we would need you to send me a fax to 215-762-4088 attention Dr. Rumm - where I would then fax back to you and have you sign your name on a silent auction bid list with contact information, then on Oct 15, we will pick at winner. To be sure, also send me an e-mail stating you sent a fax with your bid to both e-mails above and the date and time sent.

Regards,

"Rummpd" (Peter Rumm, MD)