Horse
02-25-2016, 10:25 AM
Who ya got?

lefty
02-25-2016, 10:37 AM
99 Spurms even though the 99 Spurms were shit

poop
02-25-2016, 10:43 AM
Curry would put 56pts on avery by halftime. Mouthpeices dangling and grins from the Gay Area all around. By end of the third quarter the splash brothers would lay injured after being held scoreless, robinson having blocked 6 of their 3 point attempts and 8 layup attempts. Game end with the score 98-70, spurs. Duncan ends with 66 points and 16 blocks, all of them coming on gaymon green.

cutewizard
02-25-2016, 11:04 AM
lol

cutewizard
02-25-2016, 11:04 AM
Spurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs

Horse
02-25-2016, 01:31 PM
Just seems a guy like curry wouldn't make it before the rule changes

baseline bum
02-25-2016, 01:34 PM
Under 90s era rules when you could be physical on the perimeter I'd easily take the Spurs. Jordan only started to win once he built himself up into a tank under those rules. Under today's rules though I can't think of a single team I have seen that I'd take against these Warriors in a seven game series.

Baseline21
02-25-2016, 01:58 PM
Remember hand checking,holding and grabbing was allowed. Curry would be a role player at best. Seriously Stockton and Malone would put him on his back. Gary Payton, Ron Harper, I'm saying would pull grab and beat him up. He would need that mouth piece because his teeth would be flying.

lefty
02-25-2016, 01:59 PM
Remember hand checking,holding and grabbing was allowed. Curry would be a role player at best. Seriously Stockton and Malone would put him on his back. Gary Payton, Ron Harper, I'm saying would pull grab and beat him up. He would need that mouth piece because his teeth would be flying.
Troof bombs

Imagine Porker playing back in the days :lmao

Cry Havoc
02-25-2016, 02:05 PM
Under 90s era rules when you could be physical on the perimeter I'd easily take the Spurs. Jordan only started to win once he built himself up into a tank under those rules. Under today's rules though I can't think of a single team I have seen that I'd take against these Warriors in a seven game series.

But it works both ways. They could be physical with our guys too. Can you imagine Avery trying to fight through the Dubs doubles? As much as I love the 99 team that got the first ring, they were incredibly shallow after DRob, Tim, and Luck The Fakers. Elie was okay, and guys like JJax could come up in selective minutes, but overall the level of passing and ball control on that team was terrible when it wasn't in the post.

It would be close because DRob and Duncan in 1999 would have destroyed ANY frontcourt in the history of the league, but just being physical with Curry isn't enough to stop that dude from getting 40 points if he wants it. He would have turned anyone on our perimeter into swiss cheese.

Cry Havoc
02-25-2016, 02:05 PM
Troof bombs

Imagine Porker playing back in the days :lmao

Fake spurs fan getting his fake spurs fan on.

Baseline21
02-25-2016, 02:07 PM
Parker wouldn't of made It in the NBA. Manu was built for that shit contact was addiction. Yeah, his flopping wouldn't fly but he wouldn't of flop back then because he's old school. He just did it because Vlade brought it in and thought he could excell at it and he did. Manu was playing in Europe with fuckin adults when he was like 15 yrs old. He's brought up playing school yard ball. No blood, No foul

Cry Havoc
02-25-2016, 02:09 PM
Parker wouldn't of made It in the NBA. Manu was built for that shit contact was addiction. Yeah, his flopping wouldn't fly but he wouldn't of flop back then because he's old school. He just did it because Vlade brought it in and thought he could excell at it and he did. Manu was playing in Europe with fuckin adults when he was like 15 yrs old. He's brought up playing school yard ball. No blood, No foul

Parker is one of the fastest players in NBA history. He would have annihilated those lazy rotating defenses.

lefty
02-25-2016, 02:15 PM
Parker would have destroyed at the rim tbh

No defensive 3 seconds violation to save his ass :lol

Maddog
02-25-2016, 02:24 PM
I would tend to agree with this.
You have the Spurs bumping and grabbing them towards the baseline. Draymond or Bogut trying to guard a near prime Duncan or still highly productive DRob...
No critique of the warriors though. We are always a product of our times.
Curry would have still been good. I don't doubt that.

Baseline21
02-25-2016, 02:26 PM
Oakley,Anthony mason,mailman,lambeer,Barkley,Shaquille,Ewing,mour ning,mark eaton,Derrick Coleman, rodman, mchale just to name a few players who play very physical to the point fights happen and they don't give a shit who u are. They will knock your ass down and have I thinking about driving to the lane again.

r0drig0lac
02-25-2016, 02:39 PM
I would tend to agree with this.
You have the Spurs bumping and grabbing them towards the baseline. Draymond or Bogut trying to guard a near prime Duncan or still highly productive DRob...
No critique of the warriors though. We are always a product of our times.
Curry would have still been good. I don't doubt that.
its efficiency would decrease, with hand checking their turnover would increase, he would not be legendary as it is today

SinceWeDraftedDROB
02-25-2016, 03:04 PM
99 Spurs are the reason Jordan retired. The run was over and he knew it. Curry and Klay? pfft I'd take Spee and Houston. Not to mention Van Gundy >>>>> Kerr.

Kawhitstorm
02-25-2016, 03:10 PM
A team that currently plays like a 90s team & actually has decent pieces is Miami who gave the Worriers all they could handle on two separate occasions.

BatManu20
02-25-2016, 03:13 PM

Kawhitstorm
02-25-2016, 03:24 PM

Jordan only started to win when Pippen/Horace Grant manned up against the Pistons & the Bulls defense improved. Yeah, Jordan needed to bulk up because he was getting smashed every time he drove but that didn't stop him from scoring.

Cry Havoc
02-25-2016, 05:40 PM
Oakley,Anthony mason,mailman,lambeer,Barkley,Shaquille,Ewing,mour ning,mark eaton,Derrick Coleman, rodman, mchale just to name a few players who play very physical to the point fights happen and they don't give a shit who u are. They will knock your ass down and have I thinking about driving to the lane again.

Most of those teams wouldn't be able to score on the Dubs.

TheGreatYacht
02-26-2016, 02:56 AM
Parker wouldn't have made it in the NBA, but the guy made of glass would've. Wut. One quarter is all Oakley would need with that man Manu

Parker lived in the paint in his prime

midnightpulp
02-26-2016, 03:45 AM
As much as I love that team, and they arguably had the best interior defense of all-time, the Warriors would win. Avery, Jaren Jackson, Mario Elie are getting lit up. Since the Warriors perimeter players are shooters rather than penetrators, the '99 Spurs perimeter defense (who are comparatively mediocre by any standard) wouldn't have the luxury of funneling wings and guards into the Timmy and Dave. The Warriors' offense is the perfect kryptonite to the Spurs main defensive strength.

Yes, the Warriors would be totally overwhelmed on the inside, and Tim and Dave could conceivably average 75 points combined in a series. Problem is, getting the ball to them. Avery was undersized and not that great of a passer. He would have trouble making entry passes through the Warriors swarming defense and length. Also, the Warriors might just pack the paint and triple team Tim and Dave, forcing the Spurs to hit shots, and I obviously don't like our chances in a shooting contest.

Just not a good matchup. Not enough perimeter firepower.

The 2005 squad matches up better.

Cry Havoc
02-26-2016, 04:08 AM
As much as I love that team, and they arguably had the best interior defense of all-time, the Warriors would win. Avery, Jaren Jackson, Mario Elie are getting lit up. Since the Warriors perimeter players are shooters rather than penetrators, the '99 Spurs perimeter defense (who are comparatively mediocre by any standard) wouldn't have the luxury of funneling wings and guards into the Timmy and Dave. The Warriors' offense is the perfect kryptonite to the Spurs main defensive strength.

Yes, the Warriors would be totally overwhelmed on the inside, and Tim and Dave could conceivably average 75 points combined in a series. Problem is, getting the ball to them. Avery was undersized and not that great of a passer. He would have trouble making entry passes through the Warriors swarming defense and length. Also, the Warriors might just pack the paint and triple team Tim and Dave, forcing the Spurs to hit shots, and I obviously don't like our chances in a shooting contest.

Just not a good matchup. Not enough perimeter firepower.

The 2005 squad matches up better.

05 and 14 would have easily been the best teams to throw at the Warriors.

Curry is definitively the most dominant offensive player since Michael Jordan, at least right now where he is at his peak.

Baseline21
02-26-2016, 04:42 PM
Yeah, Parker lived in the paint when the rules were changing and those guys were heading out the door. I'm just saying he wouldn't be the player he is now. He would get beat up and at best be a role player. Dude, did u see Parker play in his early days. He was god awful. Pop was benching him for speedy Claxton. He was scared in the bright lights and scared of getting beat up. 2007 is when he took off but he was going against the cavs in finals. Eric snow was their pg and other scrubs. 2005 Chauncey billips was killing him. All those guys I said were pretty much out of the league. What was the biggest knock on Parker he was soft and let him shoot outside of paint. Manu was balls to the wall and our closer. Manu has been our closer to this day. Kawhi probably taking it over from here but I want the ball in Manu Hands to make something happen whether it's a shot for someone or a hoop.

Sean Cagney
02-26-2016, 04:53 PM
Fake spurs fan getting his fake spurs fan on.

No doubt that dude is a Lakers fan who hides behind another teams name. They are so easy to spot.
Yeah, Parker lived in the paint when the rules were changing and those guys were heading out the door. I'm just saying he wouldn't be the player he is now. He would get beat up and at best be a role player. Dude, did u see Parker play in his early days. He was god awful. Pop was benching him for speedy Claxton. He was scared in the bright lights and scared of getting beat up. 2007 is when he took off but he was going against the cavs in finals. Eric snow was their pg and other scrubs. 2005 Chauncey billips was killing him. All those guys I said were pretty much out of the league. What was the biggest knock on Parker he was soft and let him shoot outside of paint. Manu was balls to the wall and our closer. Manu has been our closer to this day. Kawhi probably taking it over from here but I want the ball in Manu Hands to make something happen whether it's a shot for someone or a hoop.
Manu was the closer and used to hit all his FT's I agree, the last few years though he is good for a 1-2 late in games (Parker usually 0-2) and iffy at the line so now it's Leonard out there. I agree on the rest though.

Vito Corleone
02-26-2016, 05:10 PM

Bulls would destroy them. Jordan Pippen and Rodman would own the 2, 3, and 4 spot on the court. Put Rodman at the 5 and Pippen at the 4 and bring in Kukoc and Kerr and it would overwhelm the Warriors.

The warriors play the beautiful game, but Jordan is still Jordan and would dominate. Rodman would probably go for 10 pt and 40 rebounds and absolutely shout down Green. As would Pippen.

the difference would be the Bulls crazy defense.

In all of this Curry would still go for 50 to 60 but no one else would score.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-26-2016, 05:12 PM
It'd be interesting because their offense wouldn't be so effective because they would certainly have to trot out Bogut or Ezeli at all times. That smallball lineup would not have existed. Would have helped their depth of course, though.