PDA

View Full Version : What's our ceiling if Timmy doesn't recover from his current slump/injury situation?

TDfan2007
02-25-2016, 01:17 PM
He's been pretty bad ever since that Lakers game before the All-Star break, and seems to be getting worse. He's missing easy shots at the basket, throwing up awful shots in the post, but even worse is the body language. He's been looking more and more dejected and frustrated out there, and unlike previous seasons, Pop has not been hesitant to pull him and close games without him.

So the key question is this: are we still a championship contender with this version of Tim Duncan?

Horse
02-25-2016, 01:35 PM
Timmy will be there when we need him

MoSpur
02-25-2016, 01:43 PM
Yeah dude looks bad. He is starting to show his age more so than ever, but I am thinking its his disinterest in this regular season. At least I hope that's what it is.

Dre_7
02-25-2016, 04:13 PM
I don't curse too much, but it's Tim fucking Duncan! The GOAT. He is going to be fine when they need him.

TrainOfThought5
02-25-2016, 04:21 PM
Without an elite rim protecting big we're dead in the water unless LMAlpha finds another defensive gear in the playoffs, and super Diaw makes an appearance, AND Boban becomes useful on a regular basis.

aal04
02-25-2016, 04:36 PM
he 248 years old. His injuries will take 3-4 times longer to recover from. Same reason why Kawhi has been chit, hes getting over a minor injury. Timmy is the same, just takes his body ALOT longer to get over.

We dont get past second round. maybe first because of our seed

Russ
02-25-2016, 05:08 PM
With one foot in the grave, he could hit the shot to win it all.

I'll keep repeating until he retires (that awful day).

DMC
02-25-2016, 05:13 PM
There are lightning in a bottle situations that can happen but even with Tim back to early season form, the Spurs would play hell getting past GS.

weeks
02-25-2016, 05:14 PM
With one foot in the grave, he could hit the shot to win it all.

I'll keep repeating until he retires (that awful day).

this is how i feel and nothing will change my mind

he looks awful lately and it has to happen eventually but right now i'm ride or die until the season is complete.

i haven't forgotten his performance in his most recent playoff game...and i haven't forgotten those clutch free throws he made to tie things up with 7 seconds remaining.

until proven otherwise i trust in tim duncan.

TD 21
02-25-2016, 06:28 PM
I suspect it's the knee more than age, because he didn't look like this early in the season. The problem is, the knee might be in this state for the remainder of the season and potentially even next season, if he returns.

If it is, they'd be hard pressed to get by the Thunder, who are the best rebounding team in the league and remain one of the better ones at getting to the line.

Spurs 4 The Win
02-25-2016, 07:18 PM
I suspect it's the knee more than age, because he didn't look like this early in the season. The problem is, the knee might be in this state for the remainder of the season and potentially even next season, if he returns.

If it is, they'd be hard pressed to get by the Thunder, who are the best rebounding team in the league and remain one of the better ones at getting to the line.

Tim has another gear he isnt showing, he isnt gonna risk his playoff health for some dumb regular season games when we have the 2nd seed wrapped up

timtonymanu
02-25-2016, 07:25 PM
If Father Time really has caught up to Timmy, we'll lose to OKC in the 2nd round.

It's safe to assume he's taking it easy or Pop told him so since Aldridge is taking on his role in the offense now. And West has been mostly reliable up to this point. We'll see in the playoffs.

EVAY
02-25-2016, 08:10 PM
If Father Time really has caught up to Timmy, we'll lose to OKC in the 2nd round.

It's safe to assume he's taking it easy or Pop told him so since Aldridge is taking on his role in the offense now. And West has been mostly reliable up to this point. We'll see in the playoffs.

This. Though I really do worry cuz he looks sooooo bad right now.

daslicer
02-25-2016, 08:35 PM
Deep down I believe he has another gear that will come in play during the playoffs and his numbers are just down due to rise of Kawhi and LMA taking shots away from him. Plus David West also fills in pretty well so Tim doesn't really have to do much right now.

Spurs 4 The Win
02-26-2016, 12:35 AM
This. Though I really do worry cuz he looks sooooo bad right now.

He's been pretty bad ever since that Lakers game before the All-Star break, and seems to be getting worse. He's missing easy shots at the basket, throwing up awful shots in the post, but even worse is the body language. He's been looking more and more dejected and frustrated out there, and unlike previous seasons, Pop has not been hesitant to pull him and close games without him.

So the key question is this: are we still a championship contender with this version of Tim Duncan?

Lol, Tim Duncan taking a wet shit on the non believers tonight

Thomas82
02-26-2016, 12:39 AM

It was good to see.....I was hoping he would get one more block tonight for #3000, but a win is more important. Hopefully he can get his next block on Dwight Howard Saturday.

Thomas82
02-26-2016, 12:56 AM
TD also needs 4 rebounds to pass Karl Malone for 6th place all-time.

EVAY
02-26-2016, 05:28 PM

Man I have NEVER been a TD non-believer....admitting that he has looked really bad for a few games and worrying for him and his health is not being a non-believer. t is being a realist and an objective observer. I dare say I have been watching and supporting Tim Duncan since he was selected in the draft. Get over yourself.

dabom
02-26-2016, 05:30 PM

Spurs 4 The Win
02-26-2016, 06:15 PM
Man I have NEVER been a TD non-believer....admitting that he has looked really bad for a few games and worrying for him and his health is not being a non-believer. t is being a realist and an objective observer. I dare say I have been watching and supporting Tim Duncan since he was selected in the draft. Get over yourself.

Hey dont get mad at me man, you were caught non-believing with your pants down. Maybe next time have a little more faith in a future HOFer and this embarrassing situation wont have to happen again. :lol

dabom
02-26-2016, 07:27 PM
Hey dont get mad at me man, you were caught non-believing with your pants down. Maybe next time have a little more faith in a future HOFer and this embarrassing situation wont have to happen again. :lol

:wow

:tu

Lerojo
02-26-2016, 07:40 PM
Timmy is cruising until the playoffs. He has Leonard and Aldridge to ride off.

nowitzkikopf
02-26-2016, 09:21 PM

/thread

HarlemHeat37
02-26-2016, 09:33 PM
The posters that are trying to criticize OP because Tim finally had a good game are pretty lame, tbh:lol..what are you going to do if he goes back to struggling next game?

It's a reason for concern..he has been terrible, lately, and he's obviously going to fall off, at some point, he's 40 years old..

Sean Cagney
02-27-2016, 02:35 PM
Yeah dude looks bad. He is starting to show his age more so than ever, but I am thinking its his disinterest in this regular season. At least I hope that's what it is.

Like Horry did later in his career he coasted during the year, think he is doing the same now. Every now and then he will pick it up.

Arcadian
02-27-2016, 02:50 PM
I don't think we're very reliant on Duncan anymore...but if so, :lol what a fucking legend he is, having a team rely on him at 40 years old...

DMC
02-27-2016, 02:55 PM
I don't think we're very reliant on Duncan anymore...but if so, :lol what a fucking legend he is, having a team rely on him at 40 years old...

A team with that record.