PDA

View Full Version : Bucks: Oscar Robertson: Steph Curry is good because modern defenses are bad

JohnnyMax
02-25-2016, 05:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqAcCKjIL-8

Splits
02-25-2016, 05:39 PM
http://i.imgur.com/BGmGNwU.png

spurraider21
02-25-2016, 05:43 PM
:wow

baseline bum
02-25-2016, 05:47 PM
LOL does this faggot think we have never seen tape of 60s and 70s NBA?

baseline bum
02-25-2016, 05:50 PM
Look at this killer defense Oscar played against

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0-Iz6fQRAE

Koolaid_Man
02-25-2016, 05:55 PM

Careful now :lol

Koolaid_Man
02-25-2016, 05:56 PM
I don't care what they call Steph or say about him.....as long as he rangs this year I'm good :lol

baseline bum
02-25-2016, 05:58 PM
looks like he got fouled on half of those plays. with today's favoritism and whistle happiness, he got 'fouled' on 90% of those plays

Which half are those? The only play that looked like it had any contact was the first shot of the video.

Splits
02-25-2016, 05:58 PM
I don't care what they call Steph or say about him.....as long as he rangs this year I'm good

nobody gives a fuck about the opinion of the board's resident snitch.

dbreiden83080
02-25-2016, 06:09 PM
Oscar is obviously great in any era, but I hate how salty some of these old farts are about the game today. Jordan does it too.. 90's this and that, the league is soft. Bunch of whiny old men..

apalisoc_9
02-25-2016, 06:23 PM

:lmao

Old farts are so salty all the time.

Venti Quattro
02-25-2016, 06:25 PM
Wow, modern defenses are so bad that the old defensive schemes allowed the Celtics won 8 in a row in the 60's

apalisoc_9
02-25-2016, 06:27 PM
Wow, modern defenses are so bad that the old defensive schemes allowed the Celtics won 8 in a row in the 60's

Old farts :lmao
midnightpulp supporting the opinion of these losers :lmao

Oscar Robertson wont even make it.to the D-league in today game.

apalisoc_9
02-25-2016, 06:29 PM
Highschool forwards today dribbel the basketball better than 70s players. Salty as faggits.

baseline bum
02-25-2016, 06:30 PM

Thought I was watching Kyle Anderson in some of those highlights tbh

apalisoc_9
02-25-2016, 06:32 PM
Thought I was watching Kyle Anderson in some of those highlights tbh

Well he was drivbbling with his head down so Danny Green is a better comparison Imo. One of the best in his era dribbping like a scrub dribbler..hahaha

Venti Quattro
02-25-2016, 06:36 PM
Oscar can't say that modern defenses are bad. Curry is hitting absolutely bad shots, shots that any other player would get benched for, but shots he is comfortable of sinking. That's not a knack on the modern defense, it speaks more about Curry's quality. Has he even watched the Spurs? They would annihilate anyone from the old era and they'd probably be banned from competing from the NBA for being too good defensively.

OK, the last part might have been an exaggeration, but Oscar Robertson's claim is ridiculous... Stop watching too much James Harden, brotha.

baseline bum
02-25-2016, 06:38 PM
Well he was drivbbling with his head down so Danny Green is a better comparison Imo. One of the best in his era dribbping like a scrub dribbler..hahaha

No way, Oscar doesn't have LDN's range or defensive ability. Though he doesn't have Slow Mo's size either.

baseline bum
02-25-2016, 06:43 PM
I have never been that impressed by Oscar watching full games of his. Wilt was a monster with crazy athleticism and he'd dominate in any era, Russell had an incredibly quick jump and would be a better Rodman minus all the baggage and selfishness and with better outlet passing, but Oscar just seems like a statpadder when I watch his games. For the life of me I can't see how anyone could pick him over someone like Kobe Bryant who was a better ballhandler with much more range and a lot more athleticism.

DMC
02-25-2016, 08:39 PM

John Simmons would work him.

resistanze
02-25-2016, 08:56 PM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/044/247/297.png

resistanze
02-25-2016, 09:14 PM
51 points, 20/27 FG, 10/15 3PT. Bad defense!

apalisoc_9
02-25-2016, 09:17 PM

BatManu20
02-25-2016, 09:47 PM
Older generation belittling the younger generation. Nothing new or original here. These young guys will be saying the same when they're on their 60's. Rinse and repeat.

ambchang
02-25-2016, 09:56 PM
Today's defense is undoubtedly more complex than ever. No doubts about that b

DMC
02-25-2016, 11:13 PM
"That dance ain't new. It ain't nothing
but the old shuffle-butt." -Oscar

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-26-2016, 02:51 AM
Fortunately, nowadays everyone knows ex players' opinions are shit. A few years ago there would have been articles with quotes from other salty dudes confirming Oscar's opinion. Now - everyone just rolls their eyes.

If you could send Kawhi back to the 60s/70s and put him on the old man, Oscar wouldn't have been able to catch the ball, let alone get a shot off.

InRareForm
02-26-2016, 02:56 AM
they are bored

midnightpulp
02-26-2016, 03:05 AM

What?

How many times have I said that there's been a massive evolution on the strategy and skill side since Robertson's day, or even the 80's? My only contention is when you think modern athletes are the X-Men or some shit. There's been very, very marginal to non-existent athletic gains since the days before the lightbulb was invented.

I also have the opinion that great players can evolve, as we've seen numerous times in all sports history, with players adapting over 15-20 year careers to whatever new demands are placed on them.

Cry Havoc
02-26-2016, 03:24 AM
Steph Curry is 35-52 on shots BEYOND 28 FEET this season. That's 2.02 points per shot. From 5 feet beyond the 3 point line all the way out to 50 feet.

Yeah. They would have laughed at him in the 80s for shooting that, until they realized they're down 55 points and he's got 70 at the end of 3.

Killakobe81
02-26-2016, 09:01 AM
Chef Curry is doing so much work ...

Chuck wants people to deliver cheapshot elbows on screens ...
Oscar throwing shade ...
Fellow players tweeting out in amazement that Curry found the "cheatcode"
2K designers saying that they have change the source code on their game because it punishes gamers for off the dribble shots but curry is destroying the logic of the game by hitting those shots consistently.
People are flying him up the all-time great lists at faster rate than anyone since LeBron hit his prime
No one is saying shit about him winning backtoback MVP's like they bitched when Nash did (no one really argued LeBron's)
He will smash every 3 point record Korver's is just the beginning
Shameless niccas jumping on the Dubs bandwaagon like they did Mj's bulls in the 90's
The crowd in Orlando were CHEERING his half-court 3 last night ...

All of this and remember

... Steph had two bum ankles
... Took a far below max extension like 3 years ago
... People were trying to shit on him and say Delly locked him up in the finals
... More fans here were clowning this dude for Iggy winning finals MVP (why does that matter so much here? WGAF?)
... People bitching about his mouthpiece and his shimmies
... Twolves too 2 Pg's before steph and IF I remember correctly steph was like the 4th PG chosen? Johnny flynn ...:lmao

To all that Steph says shhhhhhh

benefactor
02-26-2016, 09:17 AM
:lol

02-26-2016, 09:30 AM
I'm not one of those guys that hates on older generations, but :lol if Steph played in the 60s and 70s he would average north of 40.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
02-26-2016, 09:54 AM
I'm not one of those guys that hates on older generations, but :lol if Steph played in the 60s and 70s he would average north of 40.
He wouldn't have because the game wasn't evolved back then

lebomb
02-26-2016, 09:55 AM
Oscar is obviously great in any era, but I hate how salty some of these old farts are about the game today. Jordan does it too.. 90's this and that, the league is soft. Bunch of whiny old men..

There is some truth to what they are saying. You cannot even touch a player in todays game. There was hand checks and hip checks back then that you cannot even think of doing now. Jordan would avg. 50pts a game with todays rules. Thats just fact niggra. :ihit

02-26-2016, 10:35 AM
He wouldn't have because the game wasn't evolved back then
I'm saying if you out current curry in the 60s, not if he grew up in that era

lefty
02-26-2016, 11:09 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqAcCKjIL-8
https://ifyouseelights.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/truth-bomb.gif?w=300&h=173

lebomb
02-26-2016, 11:28 AM
Curry is the truth, do not take anything away from him. But! His game is built for todays rules. He would not average as many points or have as high of a percentage made in the 90's. Just sayin. Ive seen it all niggra.

Leetonidas
02-26-2016, 11:33 AM
lol the PGs he was defending couldn't even dribble a ball with two hands. who the fuck is he to shit on anything today when he played in the weakest and least complex era of ball ever

Leetonidas
02-26-2016, 11:35 AM
and if I remember right, scoring barely went up a couple points once hand checking was abolished. people act like it's some mystical defense that perimeter players wouldn't be able to figure out :lmao

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
02-26-2016, 11:39 AM
lol the PGs he was defending couldn't even dribble a ball with two hands. who the fuck is he to shit on anything today when he played in the weakest and least complex era of ball ever
Now try to critically think and think of how they would be if they were brought up in modern times with modern rules. If you're going to bash the players due to the way the game is played then you have to use that same criteria when seeing how the stars of the 60s would play in this age with proper training and changes to the rules.

lebomb
02-26-2016, 11:48 AM
Now try to critically think and think of how they would be if they were brought up in modern times with modern rules. If you're going to bash the players due to the way the game is played then you have to use that same criteria when seeing how the stars of the 60s would play in this age with proper training and changes to the rules.

What we are saying is that you cannot guard a player nearly as closely as back then as you can now, that is all. This creates more space to shoot the ball. If a defender could D-up on you with one elbow or a handcheck, its much harder to lose the defender on a dribble or put up a shot. I'm talking about 90's rules, not 60's though. I don't know WTF they did back in the 60's concerning basketball.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-26-2016, 12:48 PM

:lol highlight reel analysis

Almost every shot he made was contested. He was handchecked with two hands constantly.

lefty
02-26-2016, 12:51 PM

Almost every shot he made was contested. He was handchecked with two hands constantly.

lefty
02-26-2016, 12:52 PM
Mark Price would average 45 and 15 in today's NBA

FuzzyLumpkins
02-26-2016, 12:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMZwOr6eJyk

Compare and contrast with the defense in modern all star games. Watch their feet and hands.

baseline bum
02-26-2016, 01:02 PM

It's not easy to find full games of Robertson's online. I had a few until a hard drive died on me, and I wasn't impressed by his play. I mean he doesn't look like he's in the same class of player as Chamerlain or Russell, who do look great in the full games I have watched. Also did you just use an allstar game video to compare defenses? :lol

FuzzyLumpkins
02-26-2016, 01:08 PM
It's not easy to find full games of Robertson's online. I had a few until a hard drive died on me, and I wasn't impressed by his play. I mean he doesn't look like he's in the same class of player as Chamerlain or Russell, who do look great in the full games I have watched. Also did you just use an allstar game video to compare defenses? :lol

So you weren't impressed. Nice opinion but it doesn't tell me much of anything as to how he played.

I said to compare that ASG with the modern all star game. It does give a good indicator of the baseline defense of the era. The 70s players naturally switched from full sprint to slide and kept their feet wide. Fundamentals. Modern players either mime spreading their feet wide only to bring them together if they do it at all. You constantly see players not down in a stance and getting blown up. Those 70s players all knew how to defend and help on the pnr. Todays game?

He was an awesome rebounder for a PG regularly challenging forwards and winning. You call him a stat padder. He's a PG. He's not supposed to release generally so as to advance the ball. At least this time your not peddling the notion that they only dribbled with their right hand.

He was an efficient scorer statistically.

spurraider21
02-26-2016, 01:16 PM

:lol same highlight at 0:34 and 0:56

its a fuckin 2 minute video and they still had a duplicate

FuzzyLumpkins
02-26-2016, 01:16 PM
and if I remember right, scoring barely went up a couple points once hand checking was abolished. people act like it's some mystical defense that perimeter players wouldn't be able to figure out :lmao

One rule and league wide scoring goes up multiple points? You suck at stat analysis.

spurraider21
02-26-2016, 01:18 PM
the defense in modern all star games
what does that mean?

FuzzyLumpkins
02-26-2016, 01:20 PM
what does that mean?

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/allstar/2015/02/15/0031400001-wst-est-recap.nba/

Hands down. Feet together. No sense of spacing and angles of attack. No effort.

spurraider21
02-26-2016, 01:22 PM
http://www.nba.com/video/channels/allstar/2015/02/15/0031400001-wst-est-recap.nba/

Hands down. Feet together. No sense of spacing and angles of attack. No effort.
i was being tongue in cheek.

in that there is no such thing as "defense in modern all star games"

genius

FuzzyLumpkins
02-26-2016, 01:23 PM
i was being tongue in cheek.

in that there is no such thing as "defense in modern all star games"

genius

thanks for the clarification, simpleton, but they used to say the same things back then. That is why I compared apples to apples.

Ginobilly
02-26-2016, 02:46 PM
Players didn't automatically get more skilled or athletic nowadays, it's just that the rules have been relaxed a bit. All the fancy dribbling that you see nowadays players carry the ball like 80% of the time. You can't touch players on the perimeter with hand checks or hip checks, then what you get is Harden ball with going to the line all the time. It's like those dreamy pictures you take at the mall where everybody looks like a model. Is it just me or today's games boring nowadays? 140-95 point games... it's like watching a children's nba jam game. I rather watch close 71-72 point slug fest games from the 90's where you knew there was going to be some fights, ejections, and suspensions.

littleavery1948
02-26-2016, 03:03 PM

Even without the three-point line? I can never doubt Curry, though.

ambchang
02-26-2016, 03:57 PM

Perimeter players like carter, McGrady, pierce, Kobe Ray Allen and AI all had banner years when they removed hand checks.

jermaine
02-26-2016, 05:04 PM
Chef Curry is doing so much work ...

Chuck wants people to deliver cheapshot elbows on screens ...
Oscar throwing shade ...
Fellow players tweeting out in amazement that Curry found the "cheatcode"
2K designers saying that they have change the source code on their game because it punishes gamers for off the dribble shots but curry is destroying the logic of the game by hitting those shots consistently.
People are flying him up the all-time great lists at faster rate than anyone since LeBron hit his prime
No one is saying shit about him winning backtoback MVP's like they bitched when Nash did (no one really argued LeBron's)
He will smash every 3 point record Korver's is just the beginning
Shameless niccas jumping on the Dubs bandwaagon like they did Mj's bulls in the 90's
The crowd in Orlando were CHEERING his half-court 3 last night ...

All of this and remember

... Steph had two bum ankles
... Took a far below max extension like 3 years ago
... People were trying to shit on him and say Delly locked him up in the finals
... More fans here were clowning this dude for Iggy winning finals MVP (why does that matter so much here? WGAF?)
... People bitching about his mouthpiece and his shimmies
... Twolves too 2 Pg's before steph and IF I remember correctly steph was like the 4th PG chosen? Johnny flynn ...:lmao

To all that Steph says shhhhhhh

He's doing work, but look at the moving screens they get away with!!!! If the defense can't get to you, all you have to do is shoot!!! Duuuuh

Killakobe81
02-26-2016, 05:43 PM
He's doing work, but look at the moving screens they get away with!!!! If the defense can't get to you, all you have to do is shoot!!! Duuuuh

Nicca as good as Kiwi is ...if you gave him a wide open shot no fans no refs just him and the ball he could not make some of the shots curry makes and at the same rate. Prime Kobe neither. Maybe Kiwi is a better two way player and Kobe a better all around scorer ...but when you combine his handle with that shot no one is as nice when it comes to shooting ... illegal screens or not.

02-26-2016, 07:13 PM
Even without the three-point line? I can never doubt Curry, though.
Yeah I mean I haven't watched tooo much 60s/70s ball but it didn't seem like they pressured the ball too much and worried more about stopping penetration. He would be able to get his shot off from anywhere, even more so than he does already. But yeah maybe 40+ is a little generous

HarlemHeat37
02-26-2016, 09:11 PM
God, I fucking hate old people, tbh..

Anybody over the age of 35 should be killed immediately..

Does life become so pointless past the age of 35 that all sports fans and music fans spend all their time bashing younger generations? It's fucking pathetic:lol

Ball Buster
02-26-2016, 09:26 PM
^^^ Dudes been posting as HH for the last 15 years :lol

HarlemHeat37
02-26-2016, 09:39 PM
^^^ Dudes been posting as HH for the last 15 years :lol

Not quite 15, but what's your point, alt?:lol

Ball Buster
02-26-2016, 09:42 PM
Not quite 15, but what's your point, alt?:lol

You're about 28 years old, living at your parents house.. You ain't even that young lil half nigga

Ball Buster
02-26-2016, 09:43 PM
Forgot the smiley...

HarlemHeat37
02-26-2016, 09:43 PM
You're about 28 years old, living at your parents house.. You ain't even that young lil half nigga

I'm 25 and I haven't lived with my parents or in the same city as them since 16:lol..anyways, boring response behind an alt account, not that I expected differently..

:lmao 35+ year old talking shit behind an alt because I hurt his feelings, as usual:(

baseline bum
02-26-2016, 10:13 PM
LOL 70s NBA when lots of the best talent was playing in the ABA.

jermaine
02-26-2016, 10:20 PM
Nicca as good as Kiwi is ...if you gave him a wide open shot no fans no refs just him and the ball he could not make some of the shots curry makes and at the same rate. Prime Kobe neither. Maybe Kiwi is a better two way player and Kobe a better all around scorer ...but when you combine his handle with that shot no one is as nice when it comes to shooting ... illegal screens or not.

Lmbo..... The lil Nicca do hit some throwed shots from any dam where!!!! Lawd Jesus that Nicca good!! Good like yo favorite chicken place good!

Kawhitstorm
02-26-2016, 10:32 PM
I have never been that impressed by Oscar watching full games of his. Wilt was a monster with crazy athleticism and he'd dominate in any era, Russell had an incredibly quick jump and would be a better Rodman minus all the baggage and selfishness and with better outlet passing, but Oscar just seems like a statpadder when I watch his games. For the life of me I can't see how anyone could pick him over someone like Kobe Bryant who was a better ballhandler with much more range and a lot more athleticism.

The intergenerational gap for perimeter players is steep b/c of how the game has evolved from a strictly passing game to creating shots off the dribble. With his skill-sets Oscar wouldn't be that much better than prime Andre Miller. :lol

Kawhitstorm
02-26-2016, 10:35 PM

The only thing that has gotten shitty is the NCAA. You had guys like Pistol Pete, Elvin Hayes & Kareem playing 4 years when they had the ability to dominating the NBA in their 3rd/4th years ala Tim.

Killakobe81
02-26-2016, 10:37 PM
Lmbo..... The lil Nicca do hit some throwed shots from any dam where!!!! Lawd Jesus that Nicca good!! Good like yo favorite chicken place good!

I would cry racism if that waant so funny or if i was african american

ambchang
02-26-2016, 11:18 PM

Does life become so pointless past the age of 35 that all sports fans and music fans spend all their time bashing younger generations? It's fucking pathetic:lol

Man, I hate young people.

Anybody less than 35 should be killed immediately.

Is life for kids so aimless that all they can do is bash music and sports from the past incessantly. It's pathetic.

apalisoc_9
02-26-2016, 11:23 PM
Man, I hate young people.

Anybody less than 35 should be killed immediately.

Is life for kids so aimless that all they can do is bash music and sports from the past incessantly. It's pathetic.

Viagra not working anymore for you?

ambchang
02-26-2016, 11:27 PM
Viagra not working anymore for you?

You see a connection somewhere?

Why don't you respond with your Hh account?

apalisoc_9
02-26-2016, 11:31 PM
You see a connection somewhere?

Why don't you respond with your Hh account?

I am my own account. It's ok bro, just give your nephew a call..I'm sure hed be willing to change your old man diappers.

HarlemHeat37
02-27-2016, 12:05 AM
I am my own account. It's ok bro, just give your nephew a call..I'm sure hed be willing to change your old man diappers.

:lmao..

dbreiden83080
02-27-2016, 12:37 AM
There is some truth to what they are saying. You cannot even touch a player in todays game. There was hand checks and hip checks back then that you cannot even think of doing now. Jordan would avg. 50pts a game with todays rules. Thats just fact niggra. :ihit

But the level of athlete is much higher. A great athlete will adapt to any rules. Imagine telling Lebron he can play defense like the bad boy Pistons..

Kawhitstorm
02-27-2016, 01:08 AM
But the level of athlete is much higher. A great athlete will adapt to any rules. Imagine telling Lebron he can play defense like the bad boy Pistons..

If you want an example of who benefited from rule changes then look no further than Steve Nash aka the white Curry. Stockton & Mark Price were just as talented as Nash & were better than Mavs version of Nash but all of a sudden Stern changes the rules & Nash is the MVP of the league.

1999-00
• In the backcourt, there is no contact with hands and forearms by defenders. In the frontcourt, there is no contact with hands and forearms by defenders except below the free throw line extended in which case the defender may only use his forearm. In the post, neither the offensive player nor the defender is allowed to dislodge or displace a player who has legally obtained a position. Defender may not use his forearm, shoulder, hip or hand to reroute or hold-up an offensive player going from point A to point B or one who is attempting to come around a legal screen set by another offensive player. Slowing or impeding the progress of the screener by grabbing, clutching, holding “chucking” or “wrapping up” is prohibited.
• The official(s) will visually commence a five-second count if an offensive player with the ball and not facing-up starts dribbling below the free throw line extended while being closely guarded; or if he starts dribbling outside and then penetrates below the free throw line extended while being closely guarded. The five-second count commences when the offensive player penetrates the free throw line extended. The penalty is the offensive team’s loss of possession of the ball.
• Any defense is legal on the strong side. Defenders must remain on the weak side outside the paint unless they are double-teaming the ball, picking up a free cutter or closely guarding an offensive player.

2001-02
• Illegal defense guidelines will be eliminated in their entirety.
• A new defensive three-second rule will prohibit a defensive player from remaining in the lane for more than three consecutive seconds without closely guarding an offensive player.
• The time that a team has to advance the ball past midcourt will be reduced from ten seconds to eight.
• Brief contact initiated by a defensive player will be allowed if it does not impede the progress of the player with the ball.

2004-05
• New rules were introduced to curtail hand-checking, clarify blocking fouls and call defensive three seconds to open up the game.

Guess who had a career year at 30 (ala Nash) after the rule changes?
-Allen Iverson
-Ray Allen

Kirby/Arenas/Pierce also went nuclear in 2005-06.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-27-2016, 02:48 AM
If you want an example of who benefited from rule changes then look no further than Steve Nash aka the white Curry. Stockton & Mark Price were just as talented as Nash & we better than Mavs version of Nash but all of a sudden Stern changes the rules & Nash is the MVP of the league.

1999-00
• In the backcourt, there is no contact with hands and forearms by defenders. In the frontcourt, there is no contact with hands and forearms by defenders except below the free throw line extended in which case the defender may only use his forearm. In the post, neither the offensive player nor the defender is allowed to dislodge or displace a player who has legally obtained a position. Defender may not use his forearm, shoulder, hip or hand to reroute or hold-up an offensive player going from point A to point B or one who is attempting to come around a legal screen set by another offensive player. Slowing or impeding the progress of the screener by grabbing, clutching, holding “chucking” or “wrapping up” is prohibited.
• The official(s) will visually commence a five-second count if an offensive player with the ball and not facing-up starts dribbling below the free throw line extended while being closely guarded; or if he starts dribbling outside and then penetrates below the free throw line extended while being closely guarded. The five-second count commences when the offensive player penetrates the free throw line extended. The penalty is the offensive team’s loss of possession of the ball.
• Any defense is legal on the strong side. Defenders must remain on the weak side outside the paint unless they are double-teaming the ball, picking up a free cutter or closely guarding an offensive player.

2001-02
• Illegal defense guidelines will be eliminated in their entirety.
• A new defensive three-second rule will prohibit a defensive player from remaining in the lane for more than three consecutive seconds without closely guarding an offensive player.
• The time that a team has to advance the ball past midcourt will be reduced from ten seconds to eight.
• Brief contact initiated by a defensive player will be allowed if it does not impede the progress of the player with the ball.

2004-05
• New rules were introduced to curtail hand-checking, clarify blocking fouls and call defensive three seconds to open up the game.

Guess who had a career year at 30 (ala Nash) after the rule changes?
-Allen Iverson
-Ray Allen

Kirby/Arenas/Pierce also went nuclear in 2005-06.

That's some good shit.

Arcadian
02-27-2016, 03:29 AM

Tim Duncan put in some good work after his 35th...

jermaine
02-27-2016, 07:14 AM
I would cry racism if that waant so funny or if i was african american
I'm a Nicca! I can say these things cuz I can relate! Lol especially the chicken part.... Not so much the basketball part.

DMC
02-27-2016, 10:25 AM
These older guys who rely almost solely on NBA reputation have a lot to lose if someone like Curry can usurp their greatness.

I doubt anyone from Oscar's generation could get past half court without being picked by someone like Kawhi or Chris Paul. They cannot dribble and run without looking down.

ambchang
02-27-2016, 01:01 PM

Just like timmy2zo is not one of your accounts and the guy really died.

ambchang
02-27-2016, 01:02 PM
:lmao..

You have to laugh at your own jokes now? Is that what the kids have to do now because of your superior social interaction skills?

FuzzyLumpkins
02-27-2016, 01:26 PM

The first half of his career was before the ABA. His triple double season was before then. This is a very valid point about 70s stars like Jabbar though.

Sec24Row7
02-27-2016, 01:58 PM
Revolutionary players build more ideas for skill set in the next generation of talent... not compounding freak athletic ability, (which is pretty static as a tiny percentage of the population) but skill.

That being said... the population to draw tiny percent chance of freak athletic ability from 50 years ago was almost exclusively US and around 100 million (male all ages for comparison)

Now with the talent base expanding to the entire world and a 50% higher population (US)... that talent pool is 5? 6? 10? times bigger on top of the skill set increases.

Even with league expansion, the athletic ability and talent in the NBA is much higher than 40 years ago and still rising.

Caltex2
02-27-2016, 07:27 PM
I haven't read the thread yet but the X-factor is the 3-point line. It totally changed the game along with the pure athleticism of today's players and going back to the 80's.

Down Under
02-27-2016, 07:31 PM
Seriously, the guards in the 60's/70's couldn't dribble without their heads up for christ's sake. How they could say they are going to stop Curry with a straight face is beyond me

TDMVPDPOY
02-27-2016, 07:32 PM
whats the point of being physical on curry when his game doesnt rely on physical strength?

his game is all about homing on the accuracy of his shooting, allowing him to shoot anywhere in the half court...now how is oscar going to stop him when his running off screens and shit or seperating himself from the defender? handcheck? slapping a bitch with the reach ins?

02-28-2016, 01:26 AM
Could Oscar even dribble with his off hand, and yet he still averaged a triple double one season :lol

:lol 60s and 70s defenses

HarlemHeat37
02-28-2016, 01:27 AM
Could Oscar even dribble with his off hand, and yet he still averaged a triple double one season :lol

:lol 60s and 70s defenses

Damn, bro, you're on Fuzzy's radar now..he's going to hit you with a long page of boring:lol..

resistanze
02-28-2016, 01:32 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcRnpbnUAAAPzKl.jpg

Caltex2
02-28-2016, 02:54 AM
The only thing that has gotten shitty is the NCAA. You had guys like Pistol Pete, Elvin Hayes & Kareem playing 4 years when they had the ability to dominating the NBA in their 3rd/4th years ala Tim.

Actually, back then freshmen were ineligible. Players only played 3 years. Magic Johnson started a trend of players leaving school early for the NBA but after freshmen gained eligibility.

ViceCity86
02-28-2016, 02:58 AM
Charles Barkley is the king of hating modern NBA teams and players.He's convinced jump shooting teams can't win championships even though it's been happening in each of the past 5 years.

Molotov
02-28-2016, 04:20 AM

Kawhitstorm
02-28-2016, 04:43 AM
Actually, back then freshmen were ineligible. Players only played 3 years. Magic Johnson started a trend of players leaving school early for the NBA but after freshmen gained eligibility.

They were only ineligible for VARSITY, not entirely from college basketball.

midnightpulp
02-28-2016, 04:54 AM

When you get to a certain age, you start realizing that anyone under the age of around 25 is something of a subhuman. Kids are pretty retarded.

If you're 25, you've joined the club. Your mentality and overall world view doesn't change much from 25-35 (I can't speak what happens in the mid-life, though. Not there yet).

Go spend a couple of hours with 15-18 year olds, and you'll want to kill yourself immediately, unless you're a manchild.

benefactor
02-28-2016, 08:32 AM

Stalin
02-28-2016, 08:57 AM

baseline bum
02-28-2016, 11:19 AM
Go spend a couple of hours with 15-18 year olds

Sorry, I'm not Avante

BatManu20
02-28-2016, 12:11 PM

BatManu20
02-28-2016, 12:12 PM
Phil Jacks:loln

HarlemHeat37
02-28-2016, 12:25 PM
When you get to a certain age, you start realizing that anyone under the age of around 25 is something of a subhuman. Kids are pretty retarded.

If you're 25, you've joined the club. Your mentality and overall world view doesn't change much from 25-35 (I can't speak what happens in the mid-life, though. Not there yet).

Go spend a couple of hours with 15-18 year olds, and you'll want to kill yourself immediately, unless you're a manchild.

:lol I was just playing,bro..

I'm speaking strictly of the older generation that mindlessly bashes younger people, particularly with the NBA and any form of music, which is where it is most prevalent..

02-28-2016, 12:55 PM

I'm speaking strictly of the older generation that mindlessly bashes younger people, particularly with the NBA and any form of music, which is where it is most prevalent..
I already see it in people my age (early 20s) always bashing on kids today growing up with iPads and iPhones

:cry when I was growing up we still played outside

lol I think it's just a natural bias that all generations have no matter the age.

baseline bum
02-28-2016, 01:59 PM
I already see it in people my age (early 20s) always bashing on kids today growing up with iPads and iPhones

:cry when I was growing up we still played outside

lol I think it's just a natural bias that all generations have no matter the age.

:cry When I was growing up we tried to fuck the neighbor girl or at least get her to show us her pussy :cry

Cry Havoc
02-28-2016, 02:10 PM

H0-Iz6fQRAE?t=1m7s

I've seen more athleticism and defense from my rec-league back in college. Fucking hilariously atrocious level of play for the world's best players.

Cry Havoc
02-28-2016, 02:17 PM

It's really sad/egotistical.

Some people have so much of who they are wrapped up in a game, they can't appreciate greatness when it's right in front of them.

I love my Spurs and think they still have a shot this year, but Curry is a fucking supernova. He's doing shit no one has done since MJ or at the very least prime LeBron, but even LeBron wasn't scary like Curry is scary.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-28-2016, 02:30 PM
H0-Iz6fQRAE?t=1m7s

I've seen more athleticism and defense from my rec-league back in college. Fucking hilariously atrocious level of play for the world's best players.

Hyperbole is great!

Cry Havoc
02-28-2016, 02:33 PM
Hyperbole is great!

I played with a guy who was 6'8" 280 pounds and got kicked out of the rec-center for doing a flat-footed windmill dunk.

He would have gone for 25 and 15 in that NBA.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-28-2016, 02:35 PM
It's really sad/egotistical.

Some people have so much of who they are wrapped up in a game, they can't appreciate greatness when it's right in front of them.

I love my Spurs and think they still have a shot this year, but Curry is a fucking supernova. He's doing shit no one has done since MJ or at the very least prime LeBron, but even LeBron wasn't scary like Curry is scary.

What I find sad are people that think this is a zero sum game. I have never seen anyone shoot as well as he does and his ball handling is absolutely elite. The defense of the modern era is still lacking in fundamentals. You just watched the Rockets playing last night. Harden and Howardepitomize the phenomenon I'm talking about. Stoudemire has said that no one ever taught him how to play defense. The Warriors themselves play great fundamental defense. That doesn't mean that their opponents do.

Curry can only play the people that are available and do the best he can. He deserves all the credit that they get. Modern defense is still fucking awful for most teams.

What is really going on here is your trying to glorify yourself through your generation because you identify as such. It's not a zero sum game though. People around here really need to look for their tao.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-28-2016, 02:38 PM
I played with a guy who was 6'8" 280 pounds and got kicked out of the rec-center for doing a flat-footed windmill dunk.

So since you don't see the isoball hijinks you are so fond of they aren't athletic. Got it.

You are aware that the NCAA banned dunking in 1969 in an effort to retain skill in its players? It's a different era.

Cry Havoc
02-28-2016, 02:46 PM
What I find sad are people that think this is a zero sum game. I have never seen anyone shoot as well as he does and his ball handling is absolutely elite. The defense of the modern era is still lacking in fundamentals. You just watched the Rockets playing last night. Harden and Howardepitomize the phenomenon I'm talking about. Stoudemire has said that no one ever taught him how to play defense. The Warriors themselves play great fundamental defense. That doesn't mean that their opponents do.

Curry can only play the people that are available and do the best he can. He deserves all the credit that they get. Modern defense is still fucking awful for most teams.

What is really going on here is your trying to glorify yourself through your generation because you identify as such. It's not a zero sum game though. People around here really need to look for their tao.

So you cherry pick the laziest team in the NBA as an example of terrible defense? Well of course they're going to look bad. Of course it's not a zero sum game, the only person suggesting it is is The Big O. He's the one boiling down the incredible shit Curry is doing to "bad defense". Implying he wouldn't be a force in the NBA in Oscar's day.

Look at that video again and tell me who's going to stop a guy with Curry's speed, handles with both hands, and quick release. Not happening.

Disagree with the idea that today's NBA defenses are worse. They are by and large the best the league has ever seen. Of course this is a difficult point to prove other than pointing out how incredibly slow to react and slow to the ball the defenders in Oscar's highlight video are. There is no "attack" in the NBA defenses of the past eras, and it only really started with the Piston/Bull era. Even Lakers/Celtics videos in the fucking finals have some pretty lazy defense being played.

What is really going on here is your trying to glorify yourself through your generation because you identify as such.

Vehemently disagree. It's a recognition of the skill Curry brings to the table.

So since you don't see the isoball hijinks you are so fond of they aren't athletic. Got it.

You are aware that the NCAA banned dunking in 1969 in an effort to retain skill in its players? It's a different era.

90% of that video was Oscar alone with the ball, dribbling to a random spot on the court and pulling up for a J. I guess those aren't "hijinks" but it's nothing special at all. And I'm not selling him short either, he was obviously a great, well-rounded player.

spurraider21
02-28-2016, 03:01 PM
those oscar vids look relatively similar to old-man paul pierce

FuzzyLumpkins
02-28-2016, 03:02 PM
So you cherry pick the laziest team in the NBA as an example of terrible defense? Well of course they're going to look bad. Of course it's not a zero sum game, the only person suggesting it is is The Big O. He's the one boiling down the incredible shit Curry is doing to "bad defense". Implying he wouldn't be a force in the NBA in Oscar's day.

Look at that video again and tell me who's going to stop a guy with Curry's speed, handles with both hands, and quick release. Not happening.

Disagree with the idea that today's NBA defenses are worse. They are by and large the best the league has ever seen. Of course this is a difficult point to prove other than pointing out how incredibly slow to react and slow to the ball the defenders in Oscar's highlight video are. There is no "attack" in the NBA defenses of the past eras, and it only really started with the Piston/Bull era. Even Lakers/Celtics videos in the fucking finals have some pretty lazy defense being played.

90% of that video was Oscar alone with the ball, dribbling to a random spot on the court and pulling up for a J. I guess those aren't "hijinks" but it's nothing special at all. And I'm not selling him short either, he was obviously a great, well-rounded player.

Cherry pick? It was the last game we played. Are they even objectively the worst? Nope they aren't. Sacramento, LAL, and Suns are easily much worse. I'm guessing the rest of this is reactionary baseless assertion too.

I like how you quote me mocking highlight reel analysis and then go ahead and do it anyway. I don't think Havlicek, Robertson or West looked slow. I think the framerate and angles of those 1960s cameras make it look time lapsed. I have no doubt taht all you are going by is what you 'feel' and that is demonstrably unrelaiable.

You can disagree all you like but your alternate plan of Curry's inherent greatness does not deduce your own self-aggrandizement. It's not mutual exclusive in fact one depends on the other.

Your making unprovable assertions and coming at me with this macho posturing. I'm glad your friend could dunk.

02-28-2016, 04:01 PM
lol inflated 60s ball making players look better than they were

The highest team FG% in the 61-62 season, where Oscar averaged 30.8-11.4-12.5, was 43.9%. The league average FG% this year so far is 45%. But we must remember there was no 3 point line back then so to make this fair, the league average 2p% this year 48.9%.

Well, this must mean Oscar was right! Teams in the early 60s must have played lockdown defense. Well not exactly. The lowest team pace in the 61-62 season was 122(highest was 130!), meanwhile today the highest current pace is 100.1 :lol More possessions compounded with awful FG% explains the gaudy rebounding numbers of guys like Oscar and Elgin Baylor. And obviously more possessions results in more scores, no matter the awful FG%.

They were less skilled on both sides of the ball, and honestly players from back then shouldn't be involved in modern NBA discussion. It's a completely different game.

DMC
02-28-2016, 04:03 PM
The current Mr Universe winners are nothing compared to what Charles Atlas was.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-28-2016, 04:08 PM
lol inflated 60s ball making players look better than they were

The highest team FG% in the 61-62 season, where Oscar averaged 30.8-11.4-12.5, was 43.9%. The league average FG% this year so far is 45%. But we must remember there was no 3 point line back then so to make this fair, the league average 2p% this year 48.9%.

Well, this must mean Oscar was right! Teams in the early 60s must have played lockdown defense. Well not exactly. The lowest team pace in the 61-62 season was 122(highest was 130!), meanwhile today the highest current pace is 100.1 :lol More possessions compounded with awful FG% explains the gaudy rebounding numbers of guys like Oscar and Elgin Baylor.

They were less skilled on both sides of the ball, and honestly players from back then shouldn't be involved in modern NBA discussion. It's a completely different game.

Your stats of lower FG% don't detract from the argument that defense was better back then. The conventional wisdom is to pick up the pace for easier scores so higher pace should mean higher FG %. That it is lower belies your narrative.

02-28-2016, 05:11 PM
Your stats of lower FG% don't detract from the argument that defense was better back then. The conventional wisdom is to pick up the pace for easier scores so higher pace should mean higher FG %. That it is lower belies your narrative.
Er, I mixed up two points I was trying to make. Oscar played in a time where defense was not very good, because of this he put up good numbers. FG %s were low which gives the impression that defenses were good, but really the offensive players weren't. If the offensive players weren't good, then how did they score so much? ridiculously high pace. Every team ran the ball down the court and got a shot off within 10 seconds.

Oscar says that he was pressured from the in bounds back in his day, like nearly every other guard back then. He suggests defenses are worse because they don't play full court press all game(and that coaches today don't know basketball because of it LOL). Well, you can only get away pressuring the ball on poor ball handlers, but there aren't many of those left today. Pressure the ball from the in bounds today and they'll make you pay.

L78v25cinYI

You see good defense in this video? I see bad offense. Really bad offense. I count at least 12 air balls in the first ten minutes. Some open shots, some contested jumpers taken 5 or 6 seconds after getting the ball down the court.

Venti Quattro
02-28-2016, 05:14 PM
Baron Davis knows what's up

sook
02-28-2016, 06:14 PM
Its so stupid whenever people bring up handcheck. For christ's sake the illegal defense change is so much worse and its not even close. They thought the offenses would completely collapse when they first introduced it, and it took sometime for gameplans to change and the offense to turn into what it is today.

Basketball is getting better. Get over it.

The only problem I have is that I see a complete disregard for the fundamentals of the game from this newer crop of highschool/middle school kids, the ones that don't have it sit back and chuck from 40 feet away after taking one dribble.

lefty
02-28-2016, 06:42 PM
http://i.imgur.com/4yZPQmp.png?1

midnightpulp
02-28-2016, 08:25 PM

I know you were, but not all criticism from older people lacks merit. As I said in my old vs. new thread, music, for instance, has gotten much more simplistic and formulaic over the past decade, and the mastering of it is truly terrible (this isn't a recent "Millennial thing" either, the Loudness Wars started in the mid-90s).

Agreed that the older generation of NBA players and athletes in general are too damn sensitive. I understand it, since athletes are natural competitors and don't want to admit today's players are better, but they should also understand there would be no "modern" player without the groundwork they laid in the past (that's also why I don't usually criticize the skills of past players. The evolution had to start somewhere. Modern players weren't just magically created out of thin air. So I appreciate the revolution Cousy brought to ball handling, what Kareem brought to post play, what Maravich brought to playmaking).

So no need for past players to be salty. The modern game doesn't exist without them. They're forever a part of it.

DMC
02-29-2016, 01:30 AM
Sorry, I'm not Avante
Those would be the parents of his date.

DMC
02-29-2016, 01:32 AM

Relative defense was better. Pretty sure you don't want to go down the road of absolutes without your logical fallacy handbook.

DMC
02-29-2016, 01:34 AM

It's actually quite easy to prove. Shaq didn't score 100 points in a game.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-29-2016, 02:06 AM
Relative defense was better. Pretty sure you don't want to go down the road of absolutes without your logical fallacy handbook.

They're numbers. Just because your oversimplifications are easy to discard doesn't mean I have a handbook. Carry on now, haplogroup.

DMC
02-29-2016, 10:16 AM
They're numbers. Just because your oversimplifications are easy to discard doesn't mean I have a handbook. Carry on now, haplogroup.

If you really think defenses were better back then you aren't qualified to debate this with me in the first place.

Cry Havoc
02-29-2016, 11:54 AM
If you really think defenses were better back then you aren't qualified to debate this with me in the first place.

There's no way he's serious.

Splits
02-29-2016, 11:59 AM
Kerr dropping a nuke

HarlemHeat37
02-29-2016, 01:31 PM
Kerr is a real ass nigga, tbh:lol

Probably the best coach in the league at utilizing all facets of the game, new and old(analytics, x's and o's, managing personalities, allowing players to be themselves, etc)..

DMC
02-29-2016, 02:38 PM
You know all those older "stars" are borderline broke and see all this new money being given hand over fist to people not deemed "stars" in today's game. Jeff Ayers made more than Oscar.

Cry Havoc
02-29-2016, 02:43 PM

Probably the best coach in the league at utilizing all facets of the game, new and old(analytics, x's and o's, managing personalities, allowing players to be themselves, etc)..

It's going to be interesting watching the new guard of coaches flood the league. Similar to what happened in baseball IMO, except the change could be much more dramatic because of how much more often basketball breaks down into individual mismatches.

In 20 years anyone who mutters the word "eye test" as a serious measure of talent is going to be laughed at.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-29-2016, 03:47 PM

There's no way he's serious.

You guys cannot make a statistical case. You guys cannot make a case as basketball is played on the court. You guys have god awful deduction skills and cannot do it that way either.

I don't know, what I do know is you guys are heavy on recency bias, self aggrandizement -'my fiends are more athletic than them' was adorable,- and otherwise spend your time circle jerking your assumption like you are doing right here.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-29-2016, 03:48 PM

Probably making shit up and wishcasting with no basis like your technology worship.

DMC
02-29-2016, 03:51 PM
You guys cannot make a statistical case. You guys cannot make a case as basketball is played on the court. You guys have god awful deduction skills and cannot do it that way either.

I don't know, what I do know is you guys are heavy on recency bias, self aggrandizement -'my fiends are more athletic than them' was adorable,- and otherwise spend your time circle jerking your assumption like you are doing right here.

The claim is "the defense was better back then". The burden of proof is on those who make that claim. Common fucking sense dictates otherwise. I suppose the technology was better as well.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-29-2016, 03:51 PM
I know you were, but not all criticism from older people lacks merit. As I said in my old vs. new thread, music, for instance, has gotten much more simplistic and formulaic over the past decade, and the mastering of it is truly terrible (this isn't a recent "Millennial thing" either, the Loudness Wars started in the mid-90s).

Agreed that the older generation of NBA players and athletes in general are too damn sensitive. I understand it, since athletes are natural competitors and don't want to admit today's players are better, but they should also understand there would be no "modern" player without the groundwork they laid in the past (that's also why I don't usually criticize the skills of past players. The evolution had to start somewhere. Modern players weren't just magically created out of thin air. So I appreciate the revolution Cousy brought to ball handling, what Kareem brought to post play, what Maravich brought to playmaking).

So no need for past players to be salty. The modern game doesn't exist without them. They're forever a part of it.

The loudness wars started with Led Zeppelin in the 1960s. Page even said it was sped up delta blues and meant to be played loud. People did. They were the originals with the Marshall stacks at stadiums and legions of people have copied them.

You're as bad as they are. Boomer types typically are.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-29-2016, 03:55 PM
Wilt scored 100 points in a game. He had 50+ rebounds in a game. The dudes couldn't look up and advance down the court. The defense was just put a big guy under the rim and let him camp out. Today's defenses are dynamic, high speed switching and rotations. They use analytics to predict matchup issues. There's a reason no team wins 10 rings in a row now.

Cause there are 30 teams as opposed to 8?

There's a reason why you are one lazy motherfucker that lacks introspection nor the capacity to verify the veracity of their opinions. You do it over and over again claiming there is an argument for your assertion and then never actually giving one.

Kids, this behavior is exactly won't you don't want to have when you get older. It's like giving up on your brain.

DMC
02-29-2016, 04:02 PM
Cause there are 30 teams as opposed to 8?

There's a reason why you are one lazy motherfucker that lacks introspection nor the capacity to verify the veracity of their opinions. You do it over and over again claiming there is an argument for your assertion and then never actually giving one.

Kids, this behavior is exactly won't you don't want to have when you get older. It's like giving up on your brain.

30 teams, meaning a team has to go through that many squads to get to the Finals yet somehow the defense is worse now.

Way to kick your own ass.

Also, clean up your grammar, faggot. You cannot lack something NOR something else. Maybe if you spent more time being correct instead of running your cocksucker you'd not make those entry level mistakes.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-29-2016, 04:51 PM
30 teams, meaning a team has to go through that many squads to get to the Finals yet somehow the defense is worse now.

Way to kick your own ass.

Also, clean up your grammar, faggot. You cannot lack something NOR something else. Maybe if you spent more time being correct instead of running your cocksucker you'd not make those entry level mistakes.

:lol wut

8 teams means you only have 8 different possibilities for champion as opposed to 30. It also means the labor pool is diluted as the population has not tripled since 1970.

Grammar? What a tool. What a fail too.

.used before the second or further of two or more alternatives (the first being introduced by a negative such as “neither” or “not”) to indicate that they are each untrue or each do not happen.

when you lack something it means it is absent obviously a negative. I get counting is a struggle for you.

I do think its adorable that you think that switching and hedging on pnr is a new invention, fattie.

DMC
02-29-2016, 05:41 PM
:lol wut

8 teams means you only have 8 different possibilities for champion as opposed to 30. It also means the labor pool is diluted as the population has not tripled since 1970.

Grammar? What a tool. What a fail too.

You have 8 fucking teams.. 8. Everyone would make the 2nd round these days. You win one fucking playoff game and you're in the Finals. The offense was staggering, those little white guys running around slap dribbling with no moves. The defense had to be staunch to defend against that, didn't it you fucking faggot?

Yes, if you're going to lace your shitty retorts with misused big words at least don't fuck up the conjunctions.

when you lack something it means it is absent obviously a negative. I get counting is a struggle for you.

I do think its adorable that you think that switching and hedging on pnr is a new invention, fattie.
There's a reason you're one lazy motherfucker that lacks introspection NOR the capacity to verify...

That's piss poor sentence structure cubicle boy. You can say "you have neither introspection nor the capacity to..." but you sloppy faggot, you spent more time in your online thesaurus than actually learning to BUILD fucking sentences.

You should avoid talking about sports anyhow, stick to attacking Wild Cobra for being a parts changer because you're on the 2nd floor in a cubicle putting a PPT together for your boss.

Now regale us with tales of RF generators and harmonics again.

Cry Havoc
02-29-2016, 06:02 PM
"The reason we played such great D is we picked a guy up for the full length of the floor. Coaches just don't understand the game today."

Man. If someone would just let an NBA coach paid millions of dollars to employ a strategy that I learned in 5th grade, they could stop the greatest shooter in the history of basketball playing on a historically great team.

:lol What has Big O done since the NBA?

In July, 2004, Robertson was named interim head coach of the Cincinnati Bearcats men's basketball team on a temporary basis for around one month while head coach Bob Huggins served a suspension stemming from a drunk-driving conviction.[21]

:lmao :lmao :lmao Angry old man.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-29-2016, 06:18 PM
"The reason we played such great D is we picked a guy up for the full length of the floor. Coaches just don't understand the game today."

Man. If someone would just let an NBA coach paid millions of dollars to employ a strategy that I learned in 5th grade, they could stop the greatest shooter in the history of basketball playing on a historically great team.

:lol What has Big O done since the NBA?

:lmao :lmao :lmao Angry old man.

Cherry picking quotes now? You lost with it the on the negative the first time so now let's go the other way? Sophistry.

Current NBA defenders for the most part have poorer footwork, hand placement, spacing, and awareness.

We're spoiled by the Spurs and your handwaving at the Dubs is just gratuitous. There are over 20 teams that play shitty defense. That you thought the Rockets were the worst was amusing though.

Cry Havoc
02-29-2016, 06:22 PM
Cherry picking quotes now? You lost with it the on the negative the first time so now let's go the other way? Sophistry.

Current NBA defenders for the most part have poorer footwork, hand placement, spacing, and awareness.

We're spoiled by the Spurs and your handwaving at the Dubs is just gratuitous. There are over 20 teams that play shitty defense. That you thought the Rockets were the worst was amusing though.

Worst = laziest?

Man. Words are really hard for you.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-29-2016, 06:25 PM
You have 8 fucking teams.. 8. Everyone would make the 2nd round these days. You win one fucking playoff game and you're in the Finals. The offense was staggering, those little white guys running around slap dribbling with no moves. The defense had to be staunch to defend against that, didn't it you fucking faggot?

Yes, if you're going to lace your shitty retorts with misused big words at least don't fuck up the conjunctions.

There's a reason you're one lazy motherfucker that lacks introspection NOR the capacity to verify...

That's piss poor sentence structure cubicle boy. You can say "you have neither introspection nor the capacity to..." but you sloppy faggot, you spent more time in your online thesaurus than actually learning to BUILD fucking sentences.

You should avoid talking about sports anyhow, stick to attacking Wild Cobra for being a parts changer because you're on the 2nd floor in a cubicle putting a PPT together for your boss.

Now regale us with tales of RF generators and harmonics again.

Now, I'm in a cubicle. How droll.

There were three rounds back then. You really suck at this. That you are throwing out my introspection and capacity digs back at me only tells me that they hit when I first used them on you.

I just linked the definition of the word and you were demonstrably wrong. Doubling down and insisting on it is idiocy. Good job. I'll pass on your word choice; they aren't mutually exclusive anyway.

I brought up harmonic analysis because we were talking heat exchange in the climate threads. If you cannot figure out how that is directly topical in arguing thermodynamic models then that just means you are not intelligent enough to really take part in the discussion. That is your problem and not mine. You're still wrong.

Cry Havoc
02-29-2016, 06:26 PM
You're right though, coaches today that get paid millions of dollars know comparatively nothing about a sport that hasn't evolved at all in the past 50 years. :lol

Cry Havoc
02-29-2016, 06:29 PM
http://media.jrn.com/images/b99678003z.1_20160228222504_000_gmeelsvu.1-1.jpg

spurraider21
02-29-2016, 06:30 PM
you say shit like this but call him fattie all the time :lol

DMC
02-29-2016, 06:31 PM
You're right though, coaches today that get paid millions of dollars know comparatively nothing about a sport that hasn't evolved at all in the past 50 years. :lol
It's actually gotten worse. It's like the solid state transistor. Everyone wants a tube amp these days because tubes don't saturate like solid state devices do. The sound is clear because it's an analog signal being amplified. So because I like it better, vacuum tubes are better technology than any level of LSI.

Let's not even talk about medicine. Remember when you could get rid of a disease with leaches and chants? Prove to me statistically that today is any better.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-29-2016, 06:32 PM
Worst = laziest?

Man. Words are really hard for you.

We can argue on that level too. We just watched Boogie not run the floor for 4 quarters cherry picking with Acey and others chipping in from time to time.

Words are not my problem. Your lack of articulation is both a problem and indicative. Your grasping for anything arguing for a conclusion.

Cry Havoc
02-29-2016, 06:35 PM
"I just don't think coaches today in basketball understand the game of basketball. They don't know anything about defenses. They don't know what people are doing on the court. They talk about analytical basketball and stuff like that."

Yeah, I'm cherry picking that old fart.

spurraider21
02-29-2016, 06:36 PM
It's actually gotten worse. It's like the solid state transistor. Everyone wants a tube amp these days because tubes don't saturate like solid state devices do. The sound is clear because it's an analog signal being amplified. So because I like it better, vacuum tubes are better technology than any level of LSI.

Let's not even talk about medicine. Remember when you could get rid of a disease with leaches and chants? Prove to me statistically that today is any better.
life expectancy is a good statistic for medicinal advancement

DMC
02-29-2016, 06:36 PM

You hate the idea of being a segmented marginal employee of a large company because your self worth is exponentially greater than what others around you appraise you at. But yeah, you work in a cubicle.

There were three rounds back then. You really suck at this. That you are throwing out my introspection and capacity digs back at me only tells me that they hit when I first used them on you.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/138/7/f/russdunkolympics_by_dantheman9758-d506gc1.gif

Look at that astounding defense

I just linked the definition of the word and you were demonstrably wrong. Doubling down and insisting on it is idiocy. Good job. I'll pass on your word choice; they aren't mutually exclusive anyway.

You fucked up, I've told you twice, not telling you again.

I brought up harmonic analysis because we were talking heat exchange in the climate threads. If you cannot figure out how that is directly topical in arguing thermodynamic models then that just means you are not intelligent enough to really take part in the discussion. That is your problem and not mine. You're still wrong.

Ok cubicle boy. Bet you still have your college text books.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-29-2016, 06:37 PM

All that and you still think that hedging and switching are new.

Weren't you just ridiculing me for at one point bringing up stereo components? I don't think it's me that makes you feel stupid.

At least when I did that it was because in a climate thread WC said something about capacitance opposite of the truth regarding them. This post of yours is just gratuitous nonsense. It's not even pedantic. It's like a petulant whiny scream.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-29-2016, 06:37 PM
Yeah, I'm cherry picking that old fart.

You picked one quote out of the entire interview. Reductio ad absurdum ensued.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-29-2016, 06:41 PM
you say shit like this but call him fattie all the time :lol

How cute. You going to white knight for him too. My shit definitely attracts flies.

The difference is in basis. Your supposed to be training to be a lawyer. Try and figure it out.

Cry Havoc
02-29-2016, 06:42 PM
We can argue on that level too. We just watched Boogie not run the floor for 4 quarters cherry picking with Acey and others chipping in from time to time.

Words are not my problem. Your lack of articulation is both a problem and indicative. Your grasping for anything arguing for a conclusion.

I'm really not interested in your opinion at this point. I think it's just humorous that you are so quick to point out that other people are being inarticulate and you struggle with some very basic concepts.

DMC
02-29-2016, 06:42 PM
All that and you still think that hedging and switching are new.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/138/7/f/russdunkolympics_by_dantheman9758-d506gc1.gif

look at all the hedging and switching.

Why did Wilt get 100 in a game? How did the Celtics win so many consecutive titles?

Weren't you just ridiculing me for at one point bringing up stereo components? I don't think it's me that makes you feel stupid.

Its called sarcasm, cubicle boy. Hurry, there's a drink machine in the break room that's giving out free Yahoos.

At least when I did that it was because in a climate thread WC said something about capacitance opposite of the truth regarding them. This post of yours is just gratuitous nonsense. It's not even pedantic. It's like a petulant whiny scream.
Sure. You're out of your league here, jr engineer.

spurraider21
02-29-2016, 06:45 PM
How cute. You going to white knight for him too. My shit definitely attracts flies.

The difference is in basis. Your supposed to be training to be a lawyer. Try and figure it out.
white knighting? no. dmc is a faggot, and he knows it.

im just pointing out hypocrisy on your part. getting mad at name calling and such, but you keep returning the favor. dont dish it if you cant take it

DMC
02-29-2016, 06:45 PM

I'm sure a lot of you attracts flies jr engineer. Scurry along and impress some intern with your excel knowledge.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-29-2016, 06:47 PM

look at all the hedging and switching.

Why did Wilt get 100 in a game? How did the Celtics win so many consecutive titles?

Its called sarcasm, cubicle boy. Hurry, there's a drink machine in the break room that's giving out free Yahoos.

Sure. You're out of your league here, jr engineer.

:lol gif and begging the question followed by a bunch of posturing.

I actually expect sarcasm to make sense and be applicable on some level. You're just throwing shit against the wall.

You got asshurt because I brought up topics out of your league. You don't even argue what I said was wrong. Instead you just complain that I did. Actions speak louder than words.

Splits
02-29-2016, 06:47 PM
life expectancy is a good statistic for medicinal advancement

Not as good a statistic as income level

https://img.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/files/2015/09/2300-19-800x583.jpg&w=1484

FuzzyLumpkins
02-29-2016, 06:50 PM
I'm really not interested in your opinion at this point. I think it's just humorous that you are so quick to point out that other people are being inarticulate and you struggle with some very basic concepts.

You belie yourself by your vehemence. People that say they don't care are universally full of shit. If you're determined to posture then you should do better than that. This macho response is particularly amusing from you.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-29-2016, 06:51 PM
I'm sure a lot of you attracts flies jr engineer. Scurry along and impress some intern with your excel knowledge.

:lol lash out, fattie, lash out.

spurraider21
02-29-2016, 06:51 PM
You belie yourself by your vehemence.
call him on his platform of bluster while you're at it

FuzzyLumpkins
02-29-2016, 06:52 PM
call him on his platform of bluster while you're at it

That is what he is already doing. You complain that my vocabulary is too limited and then when I put it into different terms you guys become obtuse and cannot keep up.

What did you think I meant when I talked about posturing?

DMC
02-29-2016, 06:56 PM
You belie yourself by your vehemence. People that say they don't care are universally full of shit. If you're determined to posture then you should do better than that. This macho response is particularly amusing from you.
^ Ladies and Gentlemen, Clyde Frazier in cubicle 2.

DMC
02-29-2016, 06:57 PM
:lol lash out, fattie, lash out.

Allow me to propagate to you my schmegmatic propositional discourse with reverence to dissonance.

spurraider21
02-29-2016, 06:58 PM
That is what he is already doing. You complain that my vocabulary is too limited and then when I put it into different terms you guys become obtuse and cannot keep up.

i'm being sarcastic, dipshit. i'm mocking your attempt to win arguments via PHI101 terminology

UZER
02-29-2016, 06:58 PM
Players didn't automatically get more skilled or athletic nowadays, it's just that the rules have been relaxed a bit. All the fancy dribbling that you see nowadays players carry the ball like 80% of the time. You can't touch players on the perimeter with hand checks or hip checks, then what you get is Harden ball with going to the line all the time. It's like those dreamy pictures you take at the mall where everybody looks like a model. Is it just me or today's games boring nowadays? 140-95 point games... it's like watching a children's nba jam game. I rather watch close 71-72 point slug fest games from the 90's where you knew there was going to be some fights, ejections, and suspensions.

As well as the extra shuffle steps players take when they create shots stepping away from the defender. Harden and curry do this. The players have evolved because the easy the game is called has evolved.

Just saying players get away with alot more rule "stretching" nowadays.

DMC
02-29-2016, 06:59 PM

Awe did eggbert the cubicle version of Walt Frazier become vexed?

DMC
02-29-2016, 07:02 PM
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/5-17-2015/rkg_s0.gif

Suffocating defense

DMC
02-29-2016, 07:05 PM
i_z-7ODb-9g

lefty
02-29-2016, 07:07 PM

apalisoc_9
02-29-2016, 07:19 PM
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/5-17-2015/rkg_s0.gif

Suffocating defense

lefty
02-29-2016, 07:22 PM
Still better D and O than Porker tbh

apalisoc_9
02-29-2016, 07:26 PM
Still better D and O than Porker tbh

Parker would win DPOY in the 60s

lefty
02-29-2016, 07:27 PM
Parker would win DPOY in the 60s

Parker is a choker in any era tbh

FuzzyLumpkins
02-29-2016, 08:01 PM
Awe did eggbert the cubicle version of Walt Frazier become vexed?

Vexed? No I think it's funny how demonstrably ignorant you guys are. That should have been obvious from my tone. You're reading skills are what they are though.

All you are doing at this point is trying to deflect.

DMC
02-29-2016, 08:11 PM
Vexed? No I think it's funny how demonstrably ignorant you guys are. That should have been obvious from my tone. You're reading skills are what they are though.

All you are doing at this point is trying to deflect.

You cannot prove any of that statistically, cubicle boy.

"you're reading skills"

FuzzyLumpkins
02-29-2016, 08:13 PM
You cannot prove any of that statistically, cubicle boy.

"you're reading skills"

Talk about gravy on your priest robe there sparky...

and fattie is reduced to grammar smack and trying to parrot arguments hes already lost to back at me.

my work here is done. last word is yours.

02-29-2016, 08:29 PM
Defenders today have to guard better ball handlers and play makers and have to defend more of the floor with the implementation of the 3 point line :lmao

They also can't hand check :lmao

easy to have good spacing and awareness when the opposing team's entire offense was ran within 18 feet of the basket :lmao

despite that, they still allowed on average 115 ppg :lmao

DMC
02-29-2016, 08:44 PM
Defenders today have to guard better ball handlers and play makers and have to defend more of the floor with the implementation of the 3 point line :lmao

easy to have good spacing and awareness when the opposing team's entire offense was ran within 18 feet of the basket :lmao

Fuzzy getting his shit pushed in, err, I mean getting his feces repaired to a more distant segment of the colon.

02-29-2016, 08:52 PM
Fuzzy getting his shit pushed in, err, I mean getting his feces repaired to a more distant segment of the colon.
Can't wait to see what 50 cent words he can one up with to spin this shit :lol

DMC
02-29-2016, 08:55 PM
Can't wait to see what 50 cent words he can one up with to spin this shit :lol
He's already used "belies" again in another thread.

I think he got passed over for that promotion to mid level office worker today. I guess the stack of engineering books in his cubicle and the shuttle hanging from monofilament from the drop ceiling didn't move anyone. Probably beaten out again by that Indian guy who wears knitted ties.

Sec24Row7
02-29-2016, 09:51 PM
The Big O might be a 15/7/4 guy if he played now... and could stay on the floor...

Now... thats with the skill set he had in his era... with his athleticism... and modern skill development... he might have been a star.

We'll never know.

Cry Havoc
02-29-2016, 11:15 PM
The Big O might be a 15/7/4 guy if he played now... and could stay on the floor...

Now... thats with the skill set he had in his era... with his athleticism... and modern skill development... he might have been a star.

We'll never know.

Either way, what he said was absolutely stupid, and he rightfully got shit on for it by other NBA players and coaches.

But yanno, I guess Kerr just doesn't know anything about the NBA.

lefty
02-29-2016, 11:20 PM
Big O would average 40-20-20 in today's NBA :wow

resistanze
02-29-2016, 11:51 PM

:lol played in an era where you could average 50/30 a game
:lol white stiffs
:lol head down while dribbling
:lol hitched shorts
:lol black and white TV
:lol basketball made out of cow hide

Cry Havoc
02-29-2016, 11:59 PM

Those are some pretty awful shooting splits.

lefty
03-01-2016, 12:00 AM

Hook line and sinker :lol

DMC
03-01-2016, 12:02 AM
Hook line and sinker :lol

lol Lefty no one is falling for your trolls. You're so cute.

lefty
03-01-2016, 12:39 AM
lol Lefty no one is falling for your trolls. You're so cute.

You did tbh

DMC
03-01-2016, 12:56 AM
You did tbh
No I trolled you into thinking I did. Just like I trolled you into responding. You didn't troll me though, I chose without any outside influence.

Ever see the Soprano's episode where Tony tells Carmela off at the restaurant? That's where I got that rant upstairs.. lol

FuzzyLumpkins
03-01-2016, 01:03 AM

So the rules are more in their favor? That they had an easier time now because of the rules doesn't mean that players now don't have it easier, dimwit. You do nothing to address the issue of fundamentals.

It is amusing you lay out several observations when they clearly support what Robertson's overall point was. Bravo! WC would be proud.

PPG is a meaningless stat without the context of # of possessions and FG%. FG% back then was significantly lower for example. Go cherry pick another stat.

Venti Quattro
03-01-2016, 01:07 AM

I guess they still show 1960's NBA in Algeria

03-01-2016, 02:41 AM
So the rules are more in their favor? That they had an easier time now because of the rules doesn't mean that players now don't have it easier, dimwit. You do nothing to address the issue of fundamentals.

It is amusing you lay out several observations when they clearly support what Robertson's overall point was. Bravo! WC would be proud.

PPG is a meaningless stat without the context of # of possessions and FG%. FG% back then was significantly lower for example. Go cherry pick another stat.Did you ever think of why teams don't play at that pace anymore? Modern defense doesn't allow it.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-01-2016, 03:18 AM
Did you ever think of why teams don't play at that pace anymore? Modern defense doesn't allow it.

Do you have anything other than super athlete theory to support this?

I see a whole lot of teams that do a very poor job defending outlet passes and getting back in general.

If you really want to claim that modern NBA transition defense is now more vigilant or some nonsense then you need to do more than just assert it.

Also you guys are waving your hands at the best case scenarios like the Spurs, Warriors, and Grizzlies who do focus on technical defense and ball denial but ignore the meat of the league. There are some teams with established programs and rosters its a revolving door of coaches and players for the vast majority of the league. You cannot play heroball on defense.

benefactor
03-01-2016, 07:33 AM
Thread delivers tbh

MaNu4Tres
03-01-2016, 08:16 AM

Purely subjective.

I'd argue most average NBA players today would dominate the NBA in the 60's/70's. The game and the athlete has evolved so much the past 50 years to suggest otherwise.

Chinook
03-01-2016, 08:23 AM
Really think those Fuzzy Bingo cards need to happen. I need suggestions on words to use for the boxes.

lebomb
03-01-2016, 11:08 AM
Purely subjective.

I'd argue most average NBA players today would dominate the NBA in the 60's/70's. The game and the athlete has evolved so much the past 50 years to suggest otherwise.

I still say they have a point though. If you are a ball player and you have defended or have been defended by someone that really D's up on you, bodies up, you have a hard as shit time scoring the ball. Now if your defender isnt allowed to body up or touch you, watch how many wide open looks you get.

Now if you add in being able to carry the ball. Shit niggra! You will be a superstar of street ball. :claw

FuzzyLumpkins
03-01-2016, 11:40 AM
Really think those Fuzzy Bingo cards need to happen. I need suggestions on words to use for the boxes.

CH is reduced to "he's getting shit on by other coaches players" and has surrendered merit. DMC could only snipe and backbite at the end. The 313 account likes to own itself like an idiot and throw shit against the wall.

I know your level and method as well. Go ahead and circle jerk if it makes you feel better. You're not even trying.

lefty
03-01-2016, 11:41 AM
I guess they still show 1960's NBA in Algeria
Nah we just Lakers-Sixers 1980

:wow I've never seen a 6`9 PG

~O~
03-01-2016, 01:43 PM

I waiting for someone to shit on those stats.

03-01-2016, 02:19 PM
I still say they have a point though. If you are a ball player and you have defended or have been defended by someone that really D's up on you, bodies up, you have a hard as shit time scoring the ball. Now if your defender isnt allowed to body up or touch you, watch how many wide open looks you get.

Now if you add in being able to carry the ball. Shit niggra! You will be a superstar of street ball. :clawi don't understand how hand checking would slow curry when his game is predicated on running through moving screens and taking contested jumpers. It would've hurt someone like LeBRon more who's whole game was predicated on iso ball.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-01-2016, 02:26 PM
i don't understand how hand checking would slow curry when his game is predicated on running through moving screens and taking contested jumpers. It would've hurt someone like LeBRon more who's whole game was predicated on iso ball.

I'm not surprised that you cannot figure out why pushing, shoving and leaning on a guy for 40 minutes would impact a smaller player's game. You must not have watched the 99 championship and how Elie, Jackson, and Elliott would manhandle players as they fought over screens.

You really don't know shit about basketball.

03-01-2016, 02:30 PM
Do you have anything other than super athlete theory to support this? When did I state athletes today were superior to athletes in the 1960s?

I see a whole lot of teams that do a very poor job defending outlet passes and getting back in general.

If you really want to claim that modern NBA transition defense is now more vigilant or some nonsense then you need to do more than just assert it. I'm not even talking about transition defense off a rebound or live ball turnover. I'm talking how teams play defense after a score or dead ball turnover and how it affects the pace of today's game. If you don't think set defenses today are better than the track race up and down play of the 1960s, you're incredibly naive.

lefty
03-01-2016, 02:33 PM
Brazil :lol

http://www.forum-auto.com/uploads/200507/zig_zag_1121602154_cabrel_auto.jpg

03-01-2016, 02:36 PM
I'm not surprised that you cannot figure out why pushing, shoving and leaning on a guy for 40 minutes would impact a smaller player's game. You must not have watched the 99 championship and how Elie, Jackson, and Elliott would manhandle players as they fought over screens.

You really don't know shit about basketball.lol cherry picking. Ray Allen and Reggie Miller both did fine in the hand checking era and are no where near the shooters Curry is lol

FuzzyLumpkins
03-01-2016, 02:37 PM
When did I state athletes today were superior to athletes in the 1960s?

I'm not even talking about transition defense off a rebound or live ball turnover. I'm talking how teams play defense after a score or dead ball turnover and how it affects the pace of today's game. If you don't think set defenses today are better than the track race up and down play of the 1960s, you're incredibly naive.

So you make your assertion and your support for it is the mindless claim that if I don't buy it I'm naive. Lovely.

Tell us in your own words how you think offenses increase pace. Then think about your comments about how you're not even "I'm not even talking about transition defense."

What I think is you are regurgitating something you heard on a podcast or the like and you're too dim to actually make the argument.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-01-2016, 02:47 PM
lol cherry picking. Ray Allen and Reggie Miller both did fine in the hand checking era and are no where near the shooters Curry is lol

I'm trying to find a common experience because we are both supposed to be Spurs fans. In the 99 championship, AJ, Elie, Elliott and Jackson would all grab and cling as they were fighting over screens. You were saying you didn't understand how it would help in the screen game. Caught up yet?

03-01-2016, 02:54 PM
So you make your assertion and your support for it is the mindless claim that if I don't buy it I'm naive. Lovely.

Tell us in your own words how you think offenses increase pace. Then think about your comments about how you're not even "I'm not even talking about transition defense."

What I think is you are regurgitating something you heard on a podcast or the like and you're too dim to actually make the argument.
:rolleyes Quoting half of my sentence. I obviously acknowledge that transition defense off live ball turnovers and missed shots are important, but as I said, I'm not even talking about that aspect at the moment. Basic defense from teams out of dead ball situations are better today. What do you do when you don't want a team to get out and run on you? You get back on defense. That alone slows the game down and lowers possessions. Lol Oscar thinking full court press is a viable option and lol at you for defending him. Im done replying to you unless you actually make an argument for your case and stop trying to spin this shit.

03-01-2016, 02:58 PM
I'm trying to find a common experience because we are both supposed to be Spurs fans. In the 99 championship, AJ, Elie, Elliott and Jackson would all grab and cling as they were fighting over screens. You were saying you didn't understand how it would help in the screen game. Caught up yet?
I got that, and I'm assuming you're not just saying they did that during that series and it was commonplace in the 90s. My counter argument was that two of the consensus top 10 shooters ever did just fine getting open in that era.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-01-2016, 03:05 PM
I got that, and I'm assuming you're not just saying they did that during that series and it was commonplace in the 90s. My counter argument was that two of the consensus top 10 shooters ever did just fine getting open in that era.

Their careers straddled the eras. Miller is half a foot taller and Allen weighs 20 lbs heavier. Iverson is the better comparison but he played like a RB going to the hoop for the most part.

And that isn't really an argument. Mentioning two shooters without context of relative performance is just mindless blather that doesn't demonstrate anything.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-01-2016, 03:07 PM
:rolleyes Quoting half of my sentence. I obviously acknowledge that transition defense off live ball turnovers and missed shots are important, but as I said, I'm not even talking about that aspect at the moment. Basic defense from teams out of dead ball situations are better today. What do you do when you don't want a team to get out and run on you? You get back on defense. That alone slows the game down and lowers possessions. Lol Oscar thinking full court press is a viable option and lol at you for defending him. Im done replying to you unless you actually make an argument for your case and stop trying to spin this shit.

Multiple outlets to beat the press is nothing new. And you really think that on average players now get back on defense better than before?

Brazil
03-01-2016, 03:15 PM
Brazil (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14466) :lol

http://www.forum-auto.com/uploads/200507/zig_zag_1121602154_cabrel_auto.jpg

:lol Francis a raison sur ce coup la !

lefty
03-20-2016, 02:41 AM
Spurs' Old School defense proving big O right

Lol modern defenses
Lol Curry

Molotov
03-20-2016, 04:17 AM

Lol modern defenses
Lol Curry

Soft Glass Ankles Curry would get destroyed by a legit defence aka 90's type defence. No wonder Warriors having such a "historic" season in :lol Today's watered down in talent NBA, can you imagine today's NBA expanding into 4 additional teams as they did in the 90's, the league would be even more shitty and diluted of talent than it already is, why soon the PF position will go the way of the Center position, and it will be a league of wings like Harden flopping all over the place begging for a foul.

BG_Spurs_Fan
03-20-2016, 04:50 AM

Lol modern defenses
Lol Curry

What was old school about the Spurs defense? The countless switches?

TDMVPDPOY
03-20-2016, 05:06 AM
Soft Glass Ankles Curry would get destroyed by a legit defence aka 90's type defence. No wonder Warriors having such a "historic" season in :lol Today's watered down in talent NBA, can you imagine today's NBA expanding into 4 additional teams as they did in the 90's, the league would be even more shitty and diluted of talent than it already is, why soon the PF position will go the way of the Center position, and it will be a league of wings like Harden flopping all over the place begging for a foul.

spread of talent or formation of super teams diluting teams of talent?

TDMVPDPOY
03-20-2016, 05:33 AM
nba needs to do something about calls being made for midgets playing defense, just like in soccer when contesting for a ball header, taller guy jumps up waves his arm and midget just clock his head back for easy yellow card...u saw what that midget curry did on kawhi when kawhi was posting him up? fkn clocking his head back like kawhi use his off hand to hold him down behind him...

Thread
03-20-2016, 06:58 AM
nba needs to do something about calls being made for midgets playing defense, just like in soccer when contesting for a ball header, taller guy jumps up waves his arm and midget just clock his head back for easy yellow card...u saw what that midget curry did on kawhi when kawhi was posting him up? fkn clocking his head back like kawhi use his off hand to hold him down behind him...

Only pussies & assholes blame the officiating.

baseline bum
03-20-2016, 08:15 AM

They were selling your shit

TDMVPDPOY
03-20-2016, 08:22 AM

when u going to throw that barrel clown, continue to hold onto it

dbestpro
03-20-2016, 09:42 AM

Then let's blame the change in rules.

Thread
03-20-2016, 12:08 PM
Then let's blame the change in rules.

Stop whining, gd it!

lefty
03-20-2016, 12:29 PM

:lol truth

DMC
03-20-2016, 12:54 PM
You build and manage a team based on what you need to to do win. If the Warriors played 90's type ball they'd be where they were in the 90's. They play ball tailored to this era, this league. Some of you are fools for thinking a team without its center and FMVP 6th man (and someone else, can't recall who) is the final product that's been winning all the games.

I don't get why people need to hype themselves up to think that team is beatable. You're not playing them. If they are beatable in a series we'll see it.