PDA

View Full Version : Woj: Ty Lawson exploring buyout

Uriel
02-26-2016, 12:49 PM
The Houston Rockets (https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/hou/) and guard Ty Lawson (https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4623/) are exploring a contract buyout, league sources told The Vertical.

The Rockets and Lawson's agent, Happy Walters, have recently started to discuss buyout scenarios, league sources said.

After an initial unwillingness to part with Lawson post-NBA trade deadline, the Rockets could use the savings on a possible buyout to clear salary-cap space to acquire other players becoming available through buyouts, league sources said.

Houston discussed trade-deadline deals on Lawson, but was unable to find a suitable trade. Lawson is still owed $3.2 million on his 2015-16 contract, having already been paid $9.2 million.

The Rockets are $524,000 under the hard salary cap.

For Lawson, the experiment of co-existing with All-Star guard James Harden hasn’t worked this season. Lawson has carried himself as a professional throughout a difficult season, but simply has been unable to thrive with Harden, who is a ball-dominant scoring guard.

Lawson, 28, will likely be attractive to playoff teams searching for guard depth or those out of the postseason race that want to give Lawson the chance at a test run for the future. Lawson will need to agree to a buyout and be waived by Tuesday in order to be added to a team’s postseason roster.

Lawson has averaged six points and 3.5 assists in 22.8 minutes a game for the Rockets. In his seven-year career, Lawson has averaged 13.3 points and 6.3 assists.

The Rockets made a trade with Denver to acquire Lawson in July.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--rockets--ty-lawson-exploring-buyout-173652734.html
(https://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--rockets--ty-lawson-exploring-buyout-173652734.html)
The Spurs would probably never sign him due to his character issues. But he would be a definite talent upgrade over Ray McCallum as a 3rd-string PG. He could even take over backup PG duties full-time and allow Mills to slide over to his natural SG position.

BatManu20
02-26-2016, 12:50 PM
:lol

Kawhitstorm
02-26-2016, 12:53 PM
Expecting PATFO to pick up a guy after a team that picked up Josh Smith dumped him.:lmao

Chucho
02-26-2016, 12:54 PM
Holy fuck the retarded and needless redundancy of threads is as major an issue with this board as the trolls and the fact that 60% of the posters here have multiple sock accounts.

ChumpDumper
02-26-2016, 12:56 PM
Holy fuck the retarded and needless redundancy of threads is as major an issue with this board as the trolls and the fact that 60% of the posters here have multiple sock accounts.What is your other account?

lefty
02-26-2016, 12:56 PM
Why not?

We need a quality PG tbh

Chinook
02-26-2016, 12:58 PM
Why not?

We need a quality PG tbh

Ty gave up more money than West to go to Houston. Now's he's giving up more to leave it.

Chucho
02-26-2016, 01:01 PM
What is your other account?

I'm not lame. I don't have one. Not hard to confirm thru the control panel on these types of boards. Run IPs. I only have .00269% the posts that an Almighty like you has. You'll notice I'm not as lame as you because I rarely ever visit this place when not at work.

You though...LOfuckingL.

ChumpDumper
02-26-2016, 01:02 PM
I'm not lame. I don't have one. Not hard to confirm thru the control panel on these types of boards. Run IPs. I only have .00269% the posts that an Almighty like you has. You'll notice I'm not as lame as you because I rarely ever visit this place when not at work.

You though...LOfuckingL.I'm not at work.

Are you?

Chucho
02-26-2016, 01:04 PM
LOL. Lack of comprehension, much?

Robz4000
02-26-2016, 01:07 PM
If it's for the minimum, why not?

ChumpDumper
02-26-2016, 01:13 PM
LOL. Lack of comprehension, much?You rarely visit this place under this screen name regardless of your employment or lack thereof. As far as I can see, all you do with this screen name is argue with Kool and the Gang downstairs.

coachmac87
02-26-2016, 01:42 PM
Yo Chump bold my name NOW!!!!

NameLess Scrub
02-26-2016, 02:02 PM
We're overlooking a very important detail here, is his agent's actual name Happy?

Anyway, he should just go to Cleveland.

SD126
02-26-2016, 02:06 PM
Can't pass keys to designated drivers when intoxicated....forget about it.

Chinook
02-26-2016, 02:13 PM
If they wanted him, I'm sure Danny could get him. Thing is, they don't want him.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-26-2016, 02:18 PM

You though...LOfuckingL.

what do VPN and different locations mean?

MaNu4Tres
02-26-2016, 02:28 PM
If they wanted him, I'm sure Danny could get him. Thing is, they don't want him.

I'm not sure why anyone would want him.

He's been pathetic. Not sure why it took Bickerstaff this long to figure that out.

td4mvp2k
02-26-2016, 02:31 PM
Why not?

We need a quality PG tbh
:td and :lol succer

steeledl
02-26-2016, 02:45 PM
I'd take him and his character issues because of how good golden state is.... Normally a no but we really have to try something.

elemento
02-26-2016, 02:50 PM
What a fucking stupid mistake to make his contract non-guaranteed for the next season just to go to Houston. I doubt he ever gets another fat contract in the NBA. From now on I think he becomes a journeyman.

tonight...you
02-26-2016, 02:54 PM
what do VPN and different locations mean?
Do it mean "voluntary"? Sho' sounds like it...

look_at_g_shred
02-26-2016, 02:55 PM
Sure. I'd take a chance with him. I mean, why not?

JR3
02-26-2016, 02:57 PM
He doesn't help us guard Shaun Livingston... I would like his offense if Parker patty got hurt. If he can't get over himself then we can drop him like sjax.

Chucho
02-26-2016, 03:26 PM
You rarely visit this place under this screen name regardless of your employment or lack thereof. As far as I can see, all you do with this screen name is argue with Kool and the Gang downstairs.

Good job with the subtlety. Still, I don't have any other accounts.

The reason I rarely visit this landfill is because it is 95% pure rubbish. Almost everything posted is an insult, or countless, countless redundant threads of pipe dreams or Parker bashing or player-fans fucking around. That said, there is NOTHING worthwhile to do on this place except slam stupid Laker fans. It's not like there is any good basketball discussion going on here. People dig up 5 year old threads to get some resemblance of an actual god-honest message board.

How you've accumulated 100k posts in this cesspool is beyond everyone sans Kool. I guess you're looking to prove hangers-on can exist everywhere. This place doesn't have any reason to exist other than giving you purpose and for a shitload of smacktalk. It's a farcical parody of what it once was, and even at it's peak, it was still a shithole. Everyone knows it too, doesn't mean people wont come into the shits every now and then.

And if the "moderators" (don't know if you are one) had any commonsense and did their jobs, this place would only have 2-3 posters, you being 1 of them and you wouldn't be able to close in on 100k posts.

ChumpDumper
02-26-2016, 03:34 PM
Good job with the subtlety. Still, I don't have any other accounts.

The reason I rarely visit this landfill is because it is 95% pure rubbish. Almost everything posted is an insult, or countless, countless redundant threads of pipe dreams or Parker bashing or player-fans fucking around. That said, there is NOTHING worthwhile to do on this place except slam stupid Laker fans. It's not like there is any good basketball discussion going on here. People dig up 5 year old threads to get some resemblance of an actual god-honest message board.

How you've accumulated 100k posts in this cesspool is beyond everyone sans Kool. I guess you're looking to prove hangers-on can exist everywhere. This place doesn't have any reason to exist other than giving you purpose and for a shitload of smacktalk. It's a farcical parody of what it once was, and even at it's peak, it was still a shithole. Everyone knows it too, doesn't mean people wont come into the shits every now and then.

And if the "moderators" (don't know if you are one) had any commonsense and did their jobs, this place would only have 2-3 posters, you being 1 of them and you wouldn't be able to close in on 100k posts.Nice rant.

Why are you in this thread in the first place?

They're just talking about Ty Lawson, not to see you shit all over yourself. Leave them to their basketball discussion and go back to the only thing you actually do here -- giving Kool attention.

BatManu20
02-26-2016, 03:47 PM

timtonymanu
02-26-2016, 03:54 PM

This dude would torch the Spurs on any team he was on. I can't think of anything he's done noteworthy, otherwise.

Dverde
02-26-2016, 04:22 PM
Lawson needs to sign with the Jazz, become a mormon, and give up booze.

SPURt
02-26-2016, 04:24 PM
Maybe RC can be his AA Sponsor and help get him turned around?

spurraider21
02-26-2016, 04:42 PM
Lawson needs to sign with the Jazz, become a mormon, and give up booze.
he'd be the best mormon guard in the nba

wildbill2u
02-26-2016, 06:12 PM
I'm in Houston today and listening to their sports radio station there was unanimity that he was performing at a very low level this season. something like 4 pts in last 9 games. and equal amount of TOs and assists. Might do better in new situation but would Pop take the risk?

elemento
02-26-2016, 06:15 PM
I'm in Houston today and listening to their sports radio station there was unanimity that he was performing at a very low level this season. something like 4 pts in last 9 games. and equal amount of TOs and assists. Might do better in new situation but would Pop take the risk?

No he wouldn't. Maybe the Knicks will take a chance.

maverick1948
02-27-2016, 12:45 PM
Calling Sean Marks Calling Sean Marks Lawson would be a good rental for the rest of the season. Jack is out for the season and the two young guys are not cutting it. Sign Lawson for the rest of the season and hand him the reins. If he works out sign him to a contract for next 2 season for a small amount. If he works out then you got a good point guard. If he doesnt work out dump him. It is a win win situation for both.