PDA

View Full Version : Alternate Reality: Mavs Take Game 7 In S.A., May 4th, 2014.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-26-2016, 08:45 PM
Tony "Enrique" Parker lays a turd at home, the Blair cheap shots throw the Spurs out of synch, Ellis runs a layup drill, Dirk catches fire and the Mavs stand tall and emerge from San Antonio victorious, smiling and drinking German imported lager ale. Mark Cuban giggles all game, dances Gangnam style all over the the AT&T center court, sticks his tongue out... 3 Spurs fans get arrested by security trying to retaliate. Spurs head dejectedly into the offseason, questioning whether Parker should be traded, whether Leonard isn't just another average NBA starter, whether Popovich is no longer the Spurs' best option at head coach, and of course the short-term futures of Duncan and Ginobili.

What happens? How do the Spurs and their fans proceed? Interesting to think about on a boring night...

The Reckoning
02-26-2016, 08:52 PM
i thought you were banned

Spurs 4 The Win
02-26-2016, 08:58 PM
Tony "Enrique" Parker lays a turd at home, the Blair cheap shots throw the Spurs out of synch, Ellis runs a layup drill, Dirk catches fire and the Mavs stand tall and emerge from San Antonio victorious, smiling and drinking German imported lager ale. Mark Cuban giggles all game, dances Gangnam style all over the the AT&T center court, sticks his tongue out... 3 Spurs fans get arrested by security trying to retaliate. Spurs head dejectedly into the offseason, questioning whether Parker should be traded, whether Leonard isn't just another average NBA starter, whether Popovich is no longer the Spurs' best option at head coach, and of course the short-term futures of Duncan and Ginobili.

What happens? How do the Spurs and their fans proceed? Interesting to think about on a boring night...

Alternate reality: OP isnt a faggot that spends his Friday nights on chat message boards discussing wild hypotheticals instead of going out and getting laid. :lol

UNT Eagles 2016
02-26-2016, 09:00 PM
Alternate reality: OP isnt a faggot that spends his Friday nights on chat message boards discussing wild hypotheticals instead of going out and getting laid. :lol

Well, I was actually SUPPOSED to be on a date tonight... but she cancelled saying she doesn't want to get in a relationship with me because I'm a senior and she's a sophomore and she already had her heart broken by another guy last year who graduated and left her and she doesn't want that to happen again. I told her I would be different but she didn't budge. :(

UNT Eagles 2016
02-26-2016, 09:00 PM
i thought you were banned
I was. 72 hour ban not a whole week

spurraider21
02-26-2016, 09:06 PM
Well, I was actually SUPPOSED to be on a date tonight... but she cancelled saying she doesn't want to get in a relationship with me because I'm a senior and she's a sophomore and she already had her heart broken by another guy last year who graduated and left her and she doesn't want that to happen again. I told her I would be different but she didn't budge. :(
LOL if you buy that story

UNT Eagles 2016
02-26-2016, 09:08 PM
LOL if you buy that story

Well it's 100% true. I could do screenshots of the text if you want

Spurs 4 The Win
02-26-2016, 09:09 PM

Do it

Seventyniner
02-26-2016, 10:37 PM
Hmm, Spurs wouldn't have the 2014 ring but OP would have committed suicide or jumped on another team's bandwagon. That's a tough one, I'll have to think about it.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-26-2016, 10:52 PM
Do it

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x85/hurriandrewfury1209/Capture_zpszxrynb7v.jpg

All I got for ya

Stabula
02-26-2016, 11:00 PM
I came here to take a wet shit on the OP but looks like everyone has done it for me

daslicer
02-27-2016, 12:02 AM
If the Spurs didn't win 5 I think this board no longer exists. It would have been insufferable to be on here with all the trolling that would have occurred.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-27-2016, 12:07 AM
If the Spurs didn't win 5 I think this board no longer exists. It would have been insufferable to be on here with all the trolling that would have occurred.

First non-shitty response in this thread

I agree... don't think LJ & Kori would have renewed the lease on the site. I do remember very well the site before 5. People were legitimately worried about the legacy of Duncan and this era.

Spurs 4 The Win
02-27-2016, 12:22 AM
Hmm, Spurs wouldn't have the 2014 ring but OP would have committed suicide or jumped on another team's bandwagon. That's a tough one, I'll have to think about it.

:lol

SASdynasty!
02-27-2016, 12:28 AM
So basically what you're saying is, "What would have happened if Parker didn't carry scrubs per par to another title?"

Keepin' it real
02-27-2016, 12:55 AM
We play better defense with Tim and Kawhi ...

Sean Cagney
02-27-2016, 01:22 AM

Very true. I would still be having nightmares of game 6 2013 as well, most Spurs fans would remember that as the last finals Tim went to and how bad it ended.

ElNono
02-27-2016, 02:28 AM
- Jose Calderon and Devin Harris get massive extensions after toying with Tony
- :pop: "They made some shots"
- Lakerfan (former Heatfan, now Warriorfan) would be posting Ray Allen 3/Vince Carter 3 gifs non-stop downstairs
- Parrot would still have 5 > 4
- Kawhi would not be an All Star, DPOY, and we'll probably hear "his ceiling is a poor man's Iguodala"
- Old faggot would still pick the Panthers over the Broncos~~~~~~~

SpursBig3s
02-27-2016, 02:44 AM

I laughed :lol

Arcadian
02-27-2016, 03:22 AM
The Mavs weren't even close to winning game 7. They got blown the fuck out.

Protip: When imagining alternate realities, it's best to consider realities that are actually plausible. Like for example, the Spurs winning the 2013 finals. Now there's an alternate reality very close to ours.

HI-FI
02-27-2016, 03:50 AM
- Lakerfan (former Heatfan, now Warriorfan) would be posting Ray Allen 3/Vince Carter 3 gifs non-stop downstairs
- Kawhi would not be an All Star, DPOY, and we'll probably hear "his ceiling is a poor man's Iguodala"
:lol pretty accurate

Joseph Kony
02-27-2016, 04:02 AM
OP is autistic

UNT Eagles 2016
02-27-2016, 04:59 AM
:tu

UNT Eagles 2016
02-27-2016, 05:05 AM
The Mavs weren't even close to winning game 7. They got blown the fuck out.

Protip: When imagining alternate realities, it's best to consider realities that are actually plausible. Like for example, the Spurs winning the 2013 finals. Now there's an alternate reality very close to ours.

How about, Horry's toilet bowl shot going IN instead of popping out after the third rattle? :stirpot:

Spurs 4 The Win
02-27-2016, 05:20 AM
How about, Horry's toilet bowl shot going IN instead of popping out after the third rattle? :stirpot:

Alternate Reality:

What if in 2004 we dont get fucked by bad timekeeping :lobt2:
What if in 2006 we dont get fucked by Manu :lobt2:
What if in 2008 we dont get fucked by the no call on Brent Barry and choke in Game 1 against LA :lobt2:

What if in 2011 we dont get the Grizzlies in Round 1 :lobt2:
What if in 2012 we dont get fucked by rigged reffing against OKC :lobt2:
What if in 2013 we dont fuck up in Game 6 :lobt2:
What if in 2015 we dont get fucked by losing to the Pelicans :lobt2:

Man, if only those had happened, we would be going for our 13th title and second 6-peat :cry

This is why hypotheticals are dumb OP

UNT Eagles 2016
02-27-2016, 05:42 AM
Alternate Reality:

What if in 2008 we dont get fucked by the no call on Brent Barry and choke in Game 1 against LA :lobt2:

Man, if only those had happened, we would be going for our 13th title and second 6-peat :cry

IN order of your post.

1) We either lose to the Timberwolves in 6 or the Pistons in 5. Our offense was horrid that year outside of Duncan with all the turnover in personnel and Parker/Manu not quite there yet.

2) We don't get fucked by Manu? So Manu sits out this playoffs in this hypothetical. We probably barely beat the Kings in 7 and then get annihilated by the Mavericks. There you go.

3) Okay, so we win game 1 AND tie game 4 on Brent Barry's free throws. The Lakers would have adjusted and that easily have altered the way game 3 went as well, but let's assume we didn't. The Spurs still were facing OT against the Lakers in that game 4, and if the Lakers win in that OT the series is tied 2-2 with LAL still having HCA. Lots of possibilities here, LAL was the better team that year. Even if we did somehow win that series... how the hell do we make the series close against the best year of the Boston Three Party?

4) Manu's broken arm remains a problem, though we likely get past round 1, we probably fizzle out when we run into the buzzsaw that was the Thunder in round 2. And the Mavs... oh boy, were they determined that year.

5) There's still a game 7, albeit in SA but they had just beat us on our home court and we still have to get past Miami who was extremely determined that year.

6) We hoist the trophy... and come out with much reduced hunger for 2014 and probably lose early or midway through the playoffs in 2014.

7) We get the #2 seed, win our first two series, and bow out to the Dubs in the WCF.

There you go :toast

Spurs 4 The Win
02-27-2016, 06:25 AM
IN order of your post.

1) We either lose to the Timberwolves in 6 or the Pistons in 5. Our offense was horrid that year outside of Duncan with all the turnover in personnel and Parker/Manu not quite there yet.

2) We don't get fucked by Manu? So Manu sits out this playoffs in this hypothetical. We probably barely beat the Kings in 7 and then get annihilated by the Mavericks. There you go.

3) Okay, so we win game 1 AND tie game 4 on Brent Barry's free throws. The Lakers would have adjusted and that easily have altered the way game 3 went as well, but let's assume we didn't. The Spurs still were facing OT against the Lakers in that game 4, and if the Lakers win in that OT the series is tied 2-2 with LAL still having HCA. Lots of possibilities here, LAL was the better team that year. Even if we did somehow win that series... how the hell do we make the series close against the best year of the Boston Three Party?

4) Manu's broken arm remains a problem, though we likely get past round 1, we probably fizzle out when we run into the buzzsaw that was the Thunder in round 2. And the Mavs... oh boy, were they determined that year.

5) There's still a game 7, albeit in SA but they had just beat us on our home court and we still have to get past Miami who was extremely determined that year.

6) We hoist the trophy... and come out with much reduced hunger for 2014 and probably lose early or midway through the playoffs in 2014.

7) We get the #2 seed, win our first two series, and bow out to the Dubs in the WCF.

There you go :toast

Stopped reading here

cutewizard
02-27-2016, 07:21 AM
alternate realities, hmmmmm

my cup of tea.....lol

ElNono
02-27-2016, 09:59 AM
Stopped reading here

smh short memory spursfan

BD24
02-27-2016, 12:23 PM
Clearly not getting what Spur raider is saying. Are you sure you go to college?

Spurtacular
02-27-2016, 01:23 PM
Honestly, I never saw the Spurs losing that Game 7 at home. I could've seen them losing the series had they lost all three games in Dallas. But they were never gonna lose a Game 7 to that far from spectacular team.

Arcadian
02-27-2016, 02:34 PM

The funny thing about that was, Horry played for the Lakers and tragically lost to the Spurs in 2003; then he played for the Spurs and tragically lost to the Lakers in 2004.

:lol poor guy could've had 2 more rings in the collection...but 2005 game 5 probably subdued the pain.

Arcadian
02-27-2016, 02:42 PM
Alternate Reality:

Exactly, there were more close calls that went against us than for us, and we still got 5 rings out of it. :lol Fuck you, NBA gods

NameLess Scrub
02-27-2016, 03:05 PM
I always think the Spurs are a bit unlucky. With almost 20 50+ win seasons, I'd think they'd have 2 or 3 more titles ('13 included).
Only year I can think was a lucky one for Spurs was '07.

Also, it is always a possibility that '14 still happens if they win '13. They could've found determination in repeating instead of redeeming.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-27-2016, 06:00 PM
I always think the Spurs are a bit unlucky. With almost 20 50+ win seasons, I'd think they'd have 2 or 3 more titles ('13 included).
Only year I can think was a lucky one for Spurs was '07.

Also, it is always a possibility that '14 still happens if they win '13. They could've found determination in repeating instead of redeeming.

agreed, 07 was EXTREMELY lucky... we dodged both Dallas AND Detroit AND got major help from the league in the most pivotal game we had to face. Other than that, we played 3 relatively easy teams and went 12–2.

03 you can argue was somewhat lucky (much less so than 07) because of not only the Horry miss but because the Mavs got the split in the first two games of the WCF, then Dirk went down in game 3. Still they might lose that game, but do they win game 4? We'll never know how that series would have turned out if Dirk played the full series. I guess it was fair we got some luck that year because of David's last year and all the unlucky BS we were dealt against Phoenix and Starbury in the first round and regular season that year.

05 was probably our best and overall most poised, swaggered team... zero luck involved, we even had quite a few injuries that year...and we won it all. still, the Pistons pushed us to the very brink. Manu & Tim were so amazing that year.

I was five when we won it all in 99, most I remember was that the Twin Towers guarded the rim impeccably and played hi-lo on offense with a high degree of proficiency. The rest of the team was meh outside of when the shooters would get hot. Tim & David carried us and the league wasn't that great that year (lol Knicks in the finals, Shaq & Kobe were just getting started, etc.)

Budkin
02-27-2016, 06:51 PM
No thanks we already lived that scenario in 2006. No one is going to make me think about 5 never happening.

gambit1990
03-01-2016, 09:19 PM
the comments in this thread :lol

op said he would show us screenshots of the text... didn't deliver.

daslicer
03-01-2016, 09:30 PM
agreed, 07 was EXTREMELY lucky... we dodged both Dallas AND Detroit AND got major help from the league in the most pivotal game we had to face. Other than that, we played 3 relatively easy teams and went 12–2.

03 you can argue was somewhat lucky (much less so than 07) because of not only the Horry miss but because the Mavs got the split in the first two games of the WCF, then Dirk went down in game 3. Still they might lose that game, but do they win game 4? We'll never know how that series would have turned out if Dirk played the full series. I guess it was fair we got some luck that year because of David's last year and all the unlucky BS we were dealt against Phoenix and Starbury in the first round and regular season that year.

05 was probably our best and overall most poised, swaggered team... zero luck involved, we even had quite a few injuries that year...and we won it all. still, the Pistons pushed us to the very brink. Manu & Tim were so amazing that year.

I was five when we won it all in 99, most I remember was that the Twin Towers guarded the rim impeccably and played hi-lo on offense with a high degree of proficiency. The rest of the team was meh outside of when the shooters would get hot. Tim & David carried us and the league wasn't that great that year (lol Knicks in the finals, Shaq & Kobe were just getting started, etc.)

The Horry 3 in game 5 of that series was luck. The Spurs were on the verge of going down 3-2 if it wasn't for that shot. Even that play was a lucky play considering Larry Brown told the pistons during the time out not to double team anybody. On the inbound play Manu got the ball and was immediately swarmed by an aggressive double of Sheed and Prince but was fortunate to see a brief glance of Horry being left wide open behind the 3 point line. Also on the next possession Rip not being able to score on Tony was also luck.

Spurtacular
03-01-2016, 09:45 PM
The Spurs were lucky in that the Pistons peaked in 04. That would've been a fun series; not that watching the Lakers get creamed wasn't fun.