PDA

View Full Version : Mitch McConnell preparing GOP senators to drop Trump

djohn2oo8
02-27-2016, 05:41 PM
http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/02/27/mcconnell-claims-gop-will-sacrifice-white-house-drop-trump-like-a-hot-rock-if-hes-nominee-310800

djohn2oo8
02-27-2016, 05:48 PM
The majority leader is also preparing to pitch the Senate as a necessary check to an inevitableHillary Clinton*presidency if Trump is the GOP's nominee, according to the Times.

:lol them niggas wanting Hillary to win

djohn2oo8
02-27-2016, 05:52 PM
Things are getting truly desperate in conservative camps and the grim acceptance that this isn’t a bad dream and that Trump is almost surely going to win the nomination has begun to set in. It’s led to an odd plan. In a stunning report by the*New York Times, Republican sources confirm that party leadership is planning to destroy Trump and give Hillary Clinton the win rather than let him have control of the GOP.

To rally depressed Republicans, McConnell has hatched an unthinkable tactical retreat: Let Hillary Clinton win and focus on maintaining control over the Senate.

While still hopeful that Mr. Rubio might prevail, Mr. McConnell has begun preparing senators for the prospect of a Trump nomination,*assuring them that, if it threatened to harm them in the general election, they could run negative ads about Mr. Trump to create space between him and Republican senators seeking re-election.Mr. McConnell has*raised the possibility of treating Mr. Trump’s loss as a given*and describing a Republican Senate to voters as a necessary check on a President Hillary Clinton, according to senators at the lunches.

"" style="width: 1px; height: 1px;">

Did you catch that? Mitch McConnell floated the idea of tanking his party’s*own candidate for president*over sandwiches at lunch.

McConnell’s thinking is this: If Republicans accept that Trump will never win the general election, they can devote their energy towards running*against*Clinton at the senate level. If that sounds insane, then welcome to the Republican Party in 2016.

The saddest part in this scheme is that McConnell’s plan probably won’t even work – at least not in the way he hopes. For one thing, Trump has run his entire campaign on being anti-everything the current “establishment” Republican Party stands for. If his rabid supporters catch wind of the fact that loathed senators like Mitch McConnell are lining against him, that will only make him*morepopular. Trump’s been saying the party is against him all along. This only confirms it.

Making matters even more dire, McConnell’s tenure as Senate Leader has been defined by such egregious levels of obstructionism that Republican lawmakers are roughly as popular as athlete’s foot. In just the last few*weeks, sources leaked McConnell’s plan to*literally do nothing*during this year’s legislative session. If that “do nothing” strategy is shameful, he only made it worse by following it up with the announcement that he would be blocking President Obama’s Supreme Court Justice nominee to score political points. Neither decision was popular with Democrats or Republicans.

As a result,*polls suggest*McConnell is leading Senate Republicans into an epic defeat on election day. Having destroyed Trump to save the jobs of Senate Republicans, he will be left with nothing to show for it. A fitting end to a Republican Party that rushed so fast to the bottom that they didn’t realize they had jumped off of a cliff.

baseline bum
02-27-2016, 05:54 PM
Nice of McConnell to float this out before Super Tuesday. :lol

TeyshaBlue
02-27-2016, 06:05 PM
Finally. The GOP vanishes in a puff of lunacy. Let the splintering commence.

baseline bum
02-27-2016, 06:22 PM

Could you imagine what happens in this nation if they split into Trump vs Rubio, are able to deny Hillary 270, and then the House elects Rubio?

djohn2oo8
02-27-2016, 06:27 PM
Could you imagine what happens in this nation if they split into Trump vs Rubio, are able to deny Hillary 270, and then the House elects Rubio?

Hillary would beat Rubio like a damn rug in a general election. But yeah i see your point.

baseline bum
02-27-2016, 06:31 PM
Hillary would beat Rubio like a damn rug in a general election. But yeah i see your point.

Doesn't matter if no one gets 270 under a three candidate election. Our elections completely break down in a three party system.

ElNono
02-27-2016, 06:42 PM
Doesn't matter if no one gets 270 under a three candidate election. Our elections completely break down in a three party system.

If they gonna do it, they gotta do it soon. AFAIK, getting in the ballot on certain states require thousand of signatures and must be presented before a certain date.

Splits
02-27-2016, 08:01 PM
And fools on this forum thinking Trump has any chance of winning the general :lol

Splits
02-27-2016, 08:02 PM

The Shill would win all 50 states if there's a 3-way with Rubio and Trump

Koolaid_Man
02-27-2016, 08:27 PM

Republicans brought this on themselves with their 8 yrs of race baiting Obama ...propping up the Tea--liban lunatics ... And participating in total and complete obtstructionism against anything Obama tried to do for this country.... They caused the hysteria and now the chickens are coming home to roost..

I'm totally content watching the GOP implode they brought this on themselves with all of their race baiting for the past 8 yrs and they deserve Trump..Talk about poetic justice

baseline bum
02-27-2016, 09:18 PM
The Constitution is fucking retarded having Congress name thr president if one doesn't get 270 instead of having a runoff.

Reck
02-27-2016, 09:22 PM

I dont know about that.

Letting his plans go public could backfire. This would have better being done quietly.

Either way, the dems are like kids in a candy store over the GOP inability to play nice with each other. :lol

Nbadan
02-27-2016, 09:36 PM
Either way, the dems are like kids in a candy store over the GOP inability to play nice with each other.

yeah....it's no field day for the Dems either.....we get shillary...

angrydude
02-27-2016, 09:47 PM
Republicans aren't against Trump because they don't think he can win.

They are against Trump because they don't like him.

BUT THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ELECTION OF OUR LIFETIMES! HOLD YOUR NOSE AND VOTE FOR THE SHIT WE GIVE YOU!

Nbadan
02-27-2016, 09:53 PM
many Dems don't like Hillary either but the only alternative is...Bernie,,,nothing against Sanders...I even have one of his signs on my front lawn....but he has zero chance of passing his agenda in a GOP controlled congress....perhaps this is why he is the perfect candidate..keeps the loons from Destroying America...

Spurminator
02-27-2016, 09:58 PM
Bernie's a little ahead of his time. Someone else will come along in 4 or 8 more years and basically repeat everything he's said, and that person may very well be elected.

Especially if they have a hint more charisma.

Spurminator
02-27-2016, 09:59 PM
To be honest, I have a feeling Trump may be ahead of his time too. He's writing the blueprint for the next GOP establishment candidate to read from. That person will have the support of the party and a better shot at the nomination and Presidency.

Nbadan
02-27-2016, 10:05 PM
If either party had any sliver of respect they would have nominated Elizabeth Warren and Paul Ryan...the Dems are going for the easy win with Hillary, but are shooting themselves in the foot in the process....the GOP is just plain loony....

ducks
02-27-2016, 10:29 PM
mccnonell is the problem with the usa

ducks
02-27-2016, 10:32 PM
if trump gets it he gets it the people decided
they voted for him
the other people should rally behind him they all voted in and he won FAIR AND SQUARE

Nbadan
02-27-2016, 10:39 PM
if trump gets it he gets it the people decided
they voted for him
the other people should rally behind him they all voted in and he won FAIR AND SQUARE

:smokin

ducks
02-27-2016, 10:53 PM
if this happens I will not be a republican but a independent

spurraider21
02-27-2016, 11:23 PM
The Constitution is fucking retarded having Congress name thr president if one doesn't get 270 instead of having a runoff.
if you question the constitution you hate america

Mitch
02-28-2016, 01:04 AM
They're going to be giving up the white house for a few decades if they try messing with the people's vote, tbh.

Prepare for Hillary - hillary - dem # 1 - dem # 1 - etc

Reck
02-28-2016, 01:10 AM
Prepare for Hillary - hillary - dem # 1 - dem # 1 - etc

Is that really a bad thing considering who's the GOP #1?

I think even if you dont like Hillary, like myself...you would still give her your vote over Trump?

One knows what their getting with her. Him, not so much.

He could bury us within a month of his precidency for all we know. She's harmless.

Mitch
02-28-2016, 01:17 AM
Is that really a bad thing considering who's the GOP #1?

I think even if you dont like Hillary, like myself...you would still give her your vote over Trump?

One knows what their getting with her. Him, not so much.

He could bury us within a month of his precidency for all we know. She's harmless.

That's the thing, Reck, we know we'll get 8 years with a pretty shit president with Hillary. I say 8 since the GOP can't find a good candidate no matter how hard they try.

Trump, if he manages to not start wars or cause significant damage to the country (both possible), he'll walk away exposing the GOP and american politics. We might start seeing a better quality candidate after him.

So it's a gamble, tbh. If you get an uneventful term with Trump then it'll mean both parties are going to probably bring up better candidates.

angrydude
02-28-2016, 01:20 AM

Go ahead throw your vote away. You can vote your conscience next time. This time we just have to beat the Democrats. This is the most important election of our lifetimes.

lol

baseline bum
02-28-2016, 01:22 AM
The Goldwater Gal is still probably better than the nationalist

Reck
02-28-2016, 01:33 AM
That's the thing, Reck, we know we'll get 8 years with a pretty shit president with Hillary. I say 8 since the GOP can't find a good candidate no matter how hard they try.

Trump, if he manages to not start wars or cause significant damage to the country (both possible), he'll walk away exposing the GOP and american politics. We might start seeing a better quality candidate after him.

So it's a gamble, tbh. If you get an uneventful term with Trump then it'll mean both parties are going to probably bring up better candidates.

Fair enough. Points well taken.

We'll see.

clambake
02-28-2016, 01:42 AM

you need something else to make that happen?

i think its safe to say that most of the people here are already independent without a candidate.

Wild Cobra
02-28-2016, 03:33 AM
The majority leader is also preparing to pitch the Senate as a necessary check to an inevitableHillary Clinton*presidency if Trump is the GOP's nominee, according to the Times.

:lol them niggas wanting Hillary to win
No, they are afraid they will lose their extra legal status and power over the people, if anyone trues to run the government like a business.

Wild Cobra
02-28-2016, 03:34 AM

I'm all for a huge shakeup in both parties.

Wild Cobra
02-28-2016, 03:36 AM

No it wouldn't.

Only the power of the established congress will break down. it would be good for "we the people."

Wild Cobra
02-28-2016, 03:37 AM
And fools on this forum thinking Trump has any chance of winning the general :lol

When the likes of Obama can win, it just shows how fucking stupid the electorate is.

djohn2oo8
02-28-2016, 07:38 AM
When the likes of Obama can win, it just shows how fucking stupid the electorate is.

I think you mean Trump. Barry at least is a constitutional professor, lawyer etc. Trump cant even detail his plans if he wins, has gone bankrupt multiple times, created a fraudulent university, and doesnt know who our allies and enemies are. The funniest thing though is Trump thinks his own supporters are a fucking joke. But the Repugs brought that on themselves.

DMX7
02-28-2016, 10:49 AM
The pledge is OFF. Don't you dare cross Trump!

Chinook
02-29-2016, 09:55 AM

Eh, it really doesn't make sense to have a run-off, as the president is already elected indirectly. What's the difference between letting the new Congress pick and having the College pick? You'd think the former would be more representative of the people's will anyway.

The strange part is that each state only gets one vote, so small states get as much say as large ones. That overwhelmingly favors Republicans, or whichever party represents the small-town folks at the time.

SpursforSix
02-29-2016, 11:06 AM
The Shill would win all 50 states if there's a 3-way with Rubio and Trump

that's not a very hot 3 way