PDA

View Full Version : Woj: Spurs Waive Ray McCallum

BatManu20
02-27-2016, 11:43 PM
See ya Ray.

Darius Bieber
02-27-2016, 11:44 PM
CJ? Another Portland player biting the dust.

spurraider21
02-27-2016, 11:45 PM
CJ or Ray :lol

loveforthegame
Of course they hang on to Bonner! :lol

UNT Eagles 2016
Well he only played like the last 2 minutes tonight with a heavy heart knowing he wasn't going to make it to midnight, so it's a good think Pop didn't let him play much and screw the pooch.

BatManu20
02-27-2016, 11:46 PM

Ray. Too much booze. Saturday night, etc etc. :lol

spurraider21
02-27-2016, 11:46 PM
:lmao FkLA (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=17213)
:lmao Ray >>>> Rique
:lmao figured it was worth getting banned just to spam that

benefactor
02-27-2016, 11:47 PM
Ray. Too much booze. Saturday night, etc etc. :lol
With you on that. Cheers.

raybies
02-27-2016, 11:47 PM
Wish him the best. Tough to lose a second round pick though but we should be fine.

HI-FI
02-27-2016, 11:48 PM
damn. my nigga Ray Ray.

hopefully McCallum gets a shot somewhere else or back with the Spurs.

SuperCam
Pop bringing in another TOSB? you aren't beating the warriors with 100 year old Miller :bang

UNT Eagles 2016
Wait and see who gets cut after the Martin thing is finalized. They still haven't bought him out yet, but they will inevitably... and from there we have to choose between Anderson/Simmons/Bonner/Butler to sacrifice. I would sacrifice Anderson, honestly, because I see potential in Simmons, and Butler is solid on defense... but Butler might be the most redundant with Martin, however.

timtonymanu
From CoJo to McCallum to Andre Miller. Holy shit, did we downgrade from last season. :lol

Robz4000
Good luck to him. Class act the whole time he was here, he'll get another chance on another team.

BatManu20
02-27-2016, 11:49 PM
Yea it was a low-risk, low-reward move trading a 2nd rounder for Ray. Didn't work out but I think it's the right move tbh. Best of luck to him in his future.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-27-2016, 11:49 PM
damn. my nigga Ray Ray.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Ray-Allen-Hits-Three-to-Force-OT-Game-6-NBA-Finals.gif

Darius Bieber
02-27-2016, 11:50 PM
Good luck to him. Class act the whole time he was here, he'll get another chance on another team.

Yeah, no complaints with him. He came into the game ready when called. Just gotta suck to be a youngster waived for a 40 year old.

UNT Eagles 2016
Yea it was a low-risk, low-reward move trading a 2nd rounder for Ray. Didn't work out but I think it's the right move tbh. Best of luck to him in his future.
as I've said before... 2nd round picks aren't in the NBA what they are in the NFL. For the Spurs this is even more true as we usually draft eurotrash with our 2nds that ends up remaining over there long term or forever.

BatManu20
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Ray-Allen-Hits-Three-to-Force-OT-Game-6-NBA-Finals.gif

Why the fuck are posting this here..

Spurtacular
02-27-2016, 11:52 PM
Damn, I'll miss Black Ollie throwing half footers over the rim.

UNT Eagles 2016
Yeah, no complaints with him. He came into the game ready when called. Just gotta suck to be a youngster waived for a 40 year old.
Happens all the time in the real world of business. Rookie financial analysts get axed all the time in favor of someone who just left another company and is bringing 17 years of experience to the table. Sucks, but it's a shitty world.

cjw
Why would you keep Ray over Bonner? He's the fourth PG vs. This guy was no more valuable than Austin Spurs Daye

UNT Eagles 2016
From CoJo to McCallum to Andre Miller. Holy shit, did we downgrade from last season. :lol
can't look at that in a vacuum.. we also got LMA for Shitter who's been injured all year.

sasaint
02-27-2016, 11:53 PM

:tu

Ditty
02-27-2016, 11:53 PM
Is he able to sign with the Austin Spurs if he clears waivers ? I'm pretty sure someone might offer him something but hopefully the Spurs offer him a guaranteed contract next season if he signs.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-27-2016, 11:54 PM
Why the fuck are posting this here..
He said "Ray Ray". I reminisced.

Spurtacular
02-27-2016, 11:54 PM
Wish him the best. Tough to lose a second round pick though but we should be fine.

Spurs never should've made that trade. Ray wasn't better than the players they could pick up on the market, like Jimmer.

SpurPadre
02-27-2016, 11:55 PM

He has video evidence of Pop starring in a German shit fetish flick and will leak it if they ever get rid of him.

spurraider21
02-27-2016, 11:57 PM
Why would you keep Ray over Bonner? He's the fourth PG vs. This guy was no more valuable than Austin Spurs Daye
bonner will be let go of soon for martin

sasaint
02-27-2016, 11:58 PM

I don't think fans have enough data to really evaluate him. I liked what I saw, but Pop saw him every day in practice...

sasaint
02-27-2016, 11:59 PM
bonner will be let go of soon for martin

The way Butler payed tonight, don't be so sure.

Spurtacular
02-27-2016, 11:59 PM

A D-League team.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-28-2016, 12:00 AM
Darn, hate to see Butty go... would rather get rid of Andershit, tbh.

ceperez
02-28-2016, 12:01 AM
Wait and see who gets cut after the Martin thing is finalized. They still haven't bought him out yet, but they will inevitably... and from there we have to choose between Anderson/Simmons/Bonner/Butler to sacrifice. I would sacrifice Anderson, honestly, because I see potential in Simmons, and Butler is solid on defense... but Butler might be the most redundant with Martin, however.

total idiot post.

Spurtacular
02-28-2016, 12:02 AM
Darn, hate to see Butty go... would rather get rid of Andershit, tbh.

WTF is Butty? I done gave this dude two nicknames. Corpse and Black Ollie. Fucking use one; don't be pulling some random shit out of your ass.

gambit1990
02-28-2016, 12:02 AM
awesome. just what i wanted. i suggested the spurs waive him and sign miller minutes before that news broke.

now let's waive bonner and sign martin.

spurraider21
02-28-2016, 12:03 AM
how did bonner play tonight?

oh wait he hasn't played since february 5 (3 minutes in that game)

Spurtacular
02-28-2016, 12:04 AM
total idiot post.

TBF, he may have thought he was signed into another apa account.

sasaint
02-28-2016, 12:04 AM
how did bonner play tonight?

oh wait he hasn't played since february 5 (3 minutes in that game)

Touché! :toast

Spurtacular
02-28-2016, 12:05 AM
awesome. just what i wanted. i suggested the spurs waive him and sign miller minutes before that news broke.

now let's waive bonner and sign martin.

Reg season, that could pay some dividends. But I'd rather have an extra big than a non rotation guard who can't play defense come the playoffs. I guess he could hit FTs though.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-28-2016, 12:06 AM
WTF is Butty? I done gave this dude two nicknames. Corpse and Black Ollie. Fucking use one; don't be pulling some random shit out of your ass.
Butler?

I thought McCallum was Black Ollie...

Ron Swanson
02-28-2016, 12:07 AM
total idiot post.

He also suggested Manu getting cut earlier.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-28-2016, 12:08 AM
TBF, he may have thought he was signed into another apa account.
Wtf? nope. Anderson sucks and it's plainly obvious to see. He won't even shoot a wide open corner 3, he always dribbles in slowly and has to pass it back out or take a poor midrange shot because of his own bashfulness. And we he does take the corner 3... it bounces off the side of the backboard. And he's a below average defender. Don't like him at all. Most people on here don't, either, except maybe one female poster on here.

BatManu20
02-28-2016, 12:09 AM
Hope for the best for Ray. He's a good dude tbh. Surely a shitty team like PHX can use his services ?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcRtwnHVIAAT9dO.jpg:large

UNT Eagles 2016
He also suggested Manu getting cut earlier.
I wasn't the first to bring it up. Someone else said Ginobili was done and might be a candidate to get cut if Pop would only open his eyes. I don't think it's a realistic possibility but if he's out for the season there's no use carrying dead weight.

Spurtacular
Wtf? nope. Anderson sucks and it's plainly obvious to see. He won't even shoot a wide open corner 3, he always dribbles in slowly and has to pass it back out or take a poor midrange shot because of his own bashfulness. And we he does take the corner 3... it bounces off the side of the backboard. And he's a below average defender. Don't like him at all. Most people on here don't, either, except maybe one female poster on here.

Fathead is a decent rotation player / play maker. It's not that what you say doesn't have truth to it; but when I look at where he was drafted, the Spurs made the right pick.

timtonymanu
02-28-2016, 12:10 AM
This made Jimmertacular's night I'm sure.

Spurtacular
02-28-2016, 12:12 AM
Butler?

I thought McCallum was Black Ollie...

Oh, I didn't know you were talking about Ralph. Butty makes sense.....

Ditty
I hope he ends signing with the Knicks and Jimmer ends up getting cut :lol

UNT Eagles 2016
Fathead is a decent rotation player / play maker. It's not that what you say doesn't have truth to it; but when I look at where he was drafted, the Spurs made the right pick.
He's a bone in our offense and doesn't really make up for it on defense, either. Rather have Luke Richard Mbah-a-Moute if we're going to have someone like that who stinks up our offense. At least that dude makes corner 3s at a decent clip (only corner 3s though).

Spurtacular
02-28-2016, 12:13 AM
This made Jimmertacular's night I'm sure.

Not really, tbh. I make fun of Black Ollie out of obligation. In neither case did he deserve the spot over Jimmer. But he can be a serviceable NBA player. I wish him well.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-28-2016, 12:13 AM
Oh, I didn't know you were talking about Ralph. Butty makes sense.....
:lol where do you get these dumb nicknames from?

sasaint
02-28-2016, 12:15 AM
Hope for the best for Ray. He's a good dude tbh. Surely a shitty team like PHX can use his services ?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcRtwnHVIAAT9dO.jpg:large

Philly.

Spurtacular
Not really, tbh. I make fun of Black Ollie out of obligation. In neither case did he deserve the spot over Jimmer. But he can be a serviceable NBA player. I wish him well.

And Black Ollie was good for contrasting what the Spurs could've had in Jimmer. Now, it'll be more abstract.

UNT Eagles 2016
Why does Jimmer even deserve an NBA spot at all? He's basically Dan Dickau 2.0. 5'10" (generously) and all he really can do with any effectiveness is shoot 3s. Tends to struggle with dribbling inside every other time he tries to penetrate, decent passer, too short/unathletic to finish near the rim in the NBA with any consistency. A sieve on defense.

Spurtacular
02-28-2016, 12:16 AM
:lol where do you get these dumb nicknames from?

I just figured someone so bland wasn't worthy of a made up name; even if it is a shitty name. I could call him Butt if you want. :lmao

UNT Eagles 2016
02-28-2016, 12:17 AM
I just figured someone so bland wasn't worthy of a made up name; even if it is a shitty name. I could call him Butt if you want. :lmao
Where do you derive "Ralph" from "Rasual" or "Butler"?

ElNono
02-28-2016, 12:18 AM
good luck ray

Spurtacular
02-28-2016, 12:19 AM
Why does Jimmer even deserve an NBA spot at all? He's basically Dan Dickau 2.0. 5'10" (generously) and all he really can do with any effectiveness is shoot 3s. Tends to struggle with dribbling inside every other time he tries to penetrate, decent passer, too short/unathletic to finish near the rim in the NBA with any consistency. A sieve on defense.

That's not true; he's a great play maker. He's not a great open court dribbler; but that dissipates in the half court when overplaying him leads to a lot of easy twos.

Dan Dickau 2.0 :lol

I don't know if that guy got the short end of the stick or not, ultimately. I thought he was a good player though.

And what could Ray do that was so important?

UNT Eagles 2016
02-28-2016, 12:21 AM
That's not true; he's a great play maker. He's not a great open court dribbler; but that dissipates in the half court when overplaying him leads to a lot of easy twos.

Dan Dickau 2.0 :lol

I don't know if that guy got the short end of the stick or not, ultimately. I thought he was a good player though.

And what could Ray do that was so important?

Who are you referring to in the bolded part? Fredette or Dickau?

&& McCallum was a decent defender. Having Jimmer in the game = a hole in your defense every time down the court.

Spurtacular
02-28-2016, 12:25 AM
Who are you referring to in the bolded part? Fredette or Dickau?

&& McCallum was a decent defender. Having Jimmer in the game = a hole in your defense every time down the court.

Dickau. I think he played before the multi media exploded. I got the feeling he could've made it in the right situation.

McCallum wasn't any better of a defender than Jimmer was. They were virtually the same. It's just easy for people to assume that the white guy who isn't a good defender is total sh** more than the next guy.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-28-2016, 12:29 AM
Dickau. I think he played before the multi media exploded. I got the feeling he could've made it in the right situation.

McCallum wasn't any better of a defender than Jimmer was. They were virtually the same. It's just easy for people to assume that the white guy who isn't a good defender is total sh** more than the next guy.
look, I'm white, (5'10") and am probably worse than him because I'm not an amazing shooter but I'm good at pulling 3s out of my ass, making hustle plays, communication on defense, and very good at rotating to prevent open shots. Do you want me on your NBA team? :lol

Bottom line is I don't think either one really fits except in garbage time. Not even the Steve Kerr role, nothing. Steve Kerr, at least, was a legit 6'2"-6'3".

Spurtacular
02-28-2016, 12:34 AM
look, I'm white, (5'10") and am probably worse than him because I'm not an amazing shooter but I'm good at pulling 3s out of my ass, making hustle plays, communication on defense, and very good at rotating to prevent open shots. Do you want me on your NBA team? :lol

Bottom line is I don't think either one really fits except in garbage time. Not even the Steve Kerr role, nothing. Steve Kerr, at least, was a legit 6'2"-6'3".

I think you're delusional to be comparing yourself to Jimmer or any NBA player, tbh.

The reason anyone has a hard time filling the Kerr role is that Kerr did one thing; and he did it probably better than anyone in NBA history; made wide open threes. He looked to make a couple in fifteen to twenty minutes; and he was allowed to do that consistently. That's pretty rare, tbh.

100%duncan
02-28-2016, 12:40 AM
"Bbbbut who are they gonna waive gaiz?"

spurtech09
02-28-2016, 12:41 AM
No disrespect but I rather keep Ray.

cd98
02-28-2016, 12:46 AM
Ray sucked. He rarely suited up. I don't get the disappointment. He wasn't good enough to let Parker rest.

Spurtacular
02-28-2016, 12:46 AM
No disrespect but I rather keep Ray.

Miller's game has aged well because he was never over relying on athleticism in the first place. I think he fits the Spurs well. He knows how to keep the ball moving and can post in a pinch. This was not the undersized McCallum.

Spurtacular
02-28-2016, 12:47 AM
Ray sucked. He rarely suited up. I don't get the disappointment. He wasn't good enough to let Parker rest.

That's true. I hadn't even thought about it like that.

HarlemHeat37
02-28-2016, 12:47 AM
Miller's game has aged well because he was never over relying on athleticism in the first place. I think he fits the Spurs well. He knows how to keep the ball moving and can post in a pinch. This was not the undersized McCallum.

:lol Andre Miller is extremely ball-dominant..he doesn't know how to keep the ball moving..

Getting assists doesn't = moving the ball in a team setting

Spurtacular
02-28-2016, 12:51 AM
:lol Andre Miller is extremely ball-dominant..he doesn't know how to keep the ball moving..

Ball dominant? He's always been a pass first PG. He'll bring something to the table. We just don't know exactly how well he'll fit in. But if he is asked to play a wing role, then his bad three shooting could be his downfall.

SpursFan86
02-28-2016, 12:55 AM
Ball dominant? He's always been a pass first PG. He'll bring something to the table. We just don't know exactly how well he'll fit in. But if he is asked to play a wing role, then his bad three shooting could be his downfall.

Do you understand what ball-dominant means...? :lol

CP3 and Rondo are two of the most ball-dominant players in the NBA, and both of them are pass-first PGs.

sasaint
02-28-2016, 12:58 AM

In a sense dribble, dribble, dribble is keeping the ball moving. :lol

This will be a kind of glimpse of our offense with Tony 3 years down the road. :lol

Spurtacular
02-28-2016, 12:59 AM
Do you understand what ball-dominant means...? :lol

CP3 and Rondo are two of the most ball-dominant players in the NBA, and both of them are pass-first PGs.

Yea, I didn't exactly address his claim. I don't think Miller is near anywhere that ball dominant. Unlike them, he plays well off the ball and can be a guy who makes the swing pass. I just don't know if his lack of shooting prowess won't be his real undoing in the Spurs system.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-28-2016, 01:02 AM
I think you're delusional to be comparing yourself to Jimmer or any NBA player, tbh.

The reason anyone has a hard time filling the Kerr role is that Kerr did one thing; and he did it probably better than anyone in NBA history; made wide open threes. He looked to make a couple in fifteen to twenty minutes; and he was allowed to do that consistently. That's pretty rare, tbh.
That's because I just told you the good about me. The bad: I can't guard anyone in the post more than 30 pounds heavier for shit, and I weigh 130-135 pounds. I can only stop dribble penetration by quick guys if they're under 6'3" and under 170. Best I can do there is foul or flop. I do foul a lot to stop easy buckets. I often lose the ball on offensive penetrations when anyone competent and remotely quick guards me. When I do get inside, I have to rely on floaters because I'm certainly not tall or strong enough to muscle shots at the basket over tall defenders. I tend to have major troubles bringing the ball up the court against fullcourt pressure. Needless to say, I wouldn't last 5 minutes in the D-League.

But, even I would have been competent enough to guard against the open 3 from the guy who lost his shoe.

& you're correct on Kerr. That, and he wasn't completely horrid on defense, though not great by any means he did make some hustle plays and his BBIQ was pretty good.

MaNu4Tres
02-28-2016, 01:13 AM
I'd rather bring back Jacque Vaughn.

Slow- fat PG who can't shoot, can't move, can't defend makes no sense unless RC/ Pop are intrigued with what his brain can offer pregame and post game.

Mnky
02-28-2016, 01:41 AM
We already have a ball dominant pg, so nothing chAnges on that end, except some of those minutes we will now have someone who can take advantage of all our cutting and huddling down the court. He will eat Tony's minutes, not mills.

SAGirl
02-28-2016, 01:48 AM
Wow sorry for Ray. Specially bc Bonner is injured and hasn't really helped in any regular game all season but he's all about being a good teammate and continuity with the core.

I suspect Pop would have wanted to rest Tony more through the season than he has bc he doesn't trust Ray. Tony has strictly missed a few injured games all season and with Manu now injured and Simmons basically unplayable against play-off teams, needing further development or at least a more limited role, we really needed someone to soak up some time for Tony to give him a rest. I liked Ray well enough for that TBH, but Pop didn't and they probably didn't feel like they were going to resign Ray in the summer or they would have kept him.

He's in a contract year maybe he himself wanted out bc he has a possible team that will pick him up. Good luck to him.

Spurtacular
02-28-2016, 01:53 AM
Wow sorry for Ray. Specially bc Bonner is injured and hasn't really helped in any regular game all season but he's all about being a good teammate and continuity with the core.

I suspect Pop would have wanted to rest Tony more through the season than he has bc he doesn't trust Ray. Tony has strictly missed a few injured games all season and with Manu now injured and Simmons basically unplayable against play-off teams, needing further development or at least a more limited role, we really needed someone to soak up some time for Tony to give him a rest. I liked Ray well enough for that TBH, but Pop didn't and they probably didn't feel like they were going to resign Ray in the summer or they would have kept him.

He's in a contract year maybe he himself wanted out bc he has a possible team that will pick him up. Good luck to him.

Ray couldn't penetrate vs. the starters of good teams; thus Pop didn't trust him. I didn't think he played bad. On a lesser team, what Ray brought to the table may have been enough.

TheGreatYacht
02-28-2016, 01:58 AM
Nets (Donald Sloan), Sixers (Ish Smith), or Suns (Ronnie Price) will claim Ray. I mean look at their starting PG's :lol

If he's lucky the Jazz (Shelvin Mack) will also take a look. They have a shot at the playoffs.

Good luck Ray

Kawhitstorm
02-28-2016, 02:06 AM

Dre is the original Rondo when it comes to dominating the ball & had beef with Brandon Roy b/c of it.:lol

Kawhitstorm
02-28-2016, 02:08 AM
Slow- fat PG who can't shoot, can't move, can't defend makes no sense unless RC/ Pop are intrigued with what his brain can offer pregame and post game.

This reminds me of the Mavs signing Avery after the Spurs cut him loose.:lol

BatManu20
02-28-2016, 02:16 AM
At this point, Spurs are playing with house money. With the Warriors looking so dominant and being such heavy favorites to win it all, the Spurs can pretty much do whatever they want and you can't really blame them if it doesn't pan out.

Neither Miller nor Martin are going to be the difference between us winning it all this year or not, so bitching about it really means nothing. Hopefully they bring a little something to the table (if Martin does indeed wind up here), but if not, whatever. No real loss. Let's just see how it plays out.

will_spurs
02-28-2016, 02:18 AM
Andre Miller task list:
- bring the ball up the court without fumbling
- reach the 3-pt line and pass the ball to just about anybody
- don't commit a turnover when trapped

That's sadly light years ahead of what Ray can do.

Spurtacular
02-28-2016, 02:19 AM
At this point, Spurs are playing with house money. With the Warriors looking so dominant and being such heavy favorites to win it all, the Spurs can pretty much do whatever they want and you can't really blame them if it doesn't pan out.

Neither Miller nor Martin are going to be the difference between us winning it all this year or not, so bitching about it really means nothing. Hopefully they bring a little something to the table (if Martin does indeed wind up here), but if not, whatever. No real loss. Let's just see how it plays out.

I think having a tall guard against the Warriors could pay some dividends. That's what I'm guessing this is about. It's not like Ray has played so poorly that he deserves this, otherwise.

Spurtacular
02-28-2016, 02:22 AM
Andre Miller task list:

I was trying to tell people that Ray doesn't do anything especially well; but they wanted to drool over some alleged value for only a second round pick. It's sad getting swindled by the Kings of all organizations.

SAGirl
02-28-2016, 02:25 AM
Ray couldn't penetrate vs. the starters of good teams; thus Pop didn't trust him. I didn't think he played bad. On a lesser team, what Ray brought to the table may have been enough.
Yes I liked him well enough. Early in the season though he didn't look like he knew the sets and would muck things,up being out of position cutting into someone trying to establish post up position etc. Knowing the sets is important bc if you have a limited role at least don't get in the way of someone making a play. I actually liked him more lately than Simmons bc Ray was unlikely to make the Simmons,mistakes of late like careless TO, fouling, etc. I actually think the Miller signing has more to do with mentoring for Anderson who is a kind of tall post up PG at his core and Miller at this stage of his career from what I saw in highlight relies on tricky post moves and guile.

ChumpDumper
02-28-2016, 02:25 AM
lol "swindled" for a second rounder. So dramatic.

The real swindle was made by Corpse Jimmer's agent.

BillMc
02-28-2016, 02:43 AM

Truth.

DMC
02-28-2016, 02:45 AM
If it was CJ we stand pat.

DMC
02-28-2016, 02:46 AM
Andre Miller task list:

And Danny
And Patty

recently

will_spurs
02-28-2016, 03:09 AM
And Danny
And Patty

recently

Yeah but I didn't want to pile up and they aren't back-up PGs.

rasuo214
02-28-2016, 03:40 AM
Well good luck to Ray, if no one picks him up maybe he'll get another shot with the Spurs next season.

Mikeanaro
02-28-2016, 03:49 AM
Good luck, didnt see that one coming, tbh.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-28-2016, 03:58 AM
And Danny
And Patty

recently
And Alopecia, sadly.

dabom
02-28-2016, 05:13 AM
"Bbbbut who are they gonna waive gaiz?"

Of course ray gets waived for andre miller. Any fucking Spurs fan knew this. Or else they are fucking retarded. :lmao

FaM0us Skins
02-28-2016, 07:31 AM
I don't think fans have enough data to really evaluate him. I liked what I saw, but Pop saw him every day in practice...

Of course ray gets waived for andre miller. Any fucking Spurs fan knew this. Or else they are fucking retarded. :lmao

:tu

callo1
02-28-2016, 07:56 AM
I can assure you that Anderson is going nowhere, as he is continually developing, and creates match up problems for other teams. The Spurs are more than happy with his continued development...Bonner goes to the front office, and Martin signs. Done deal.

Fireball
02-28-2016, 07:58 AM
After all the talk of RC regarding the signing of Ray I am really surprised that they give up on him ...

Mr. Body
02-28-2016, 09:12 AM
I still laugh that people thought McCallum was a steal and would somehow be equivalent to Corey Joseph on the open market.

CGD
02-28-2016, 09:43 AM
Not surprising. Probably now means they'll be more likely to draft a PG prospect to develop as the third stringer.

Good luck to Ray.

TheDoctor
02-28-2016, 09:52 AM
Does some of you really thought Ray would be in Spurs' future plans? :rollin

elemento
02-28-2016, 09:55 AM
I could see DET claiming him.

weeks
02-28-2016, 10:09 AM
Does some of you really thought Ray would be in Spurs' future plans? :rollin

Honestly I didn't know what to think of Ray, I never saw him play. But that spoke volumes in and of itself.

TheDoctor
02-28-2016, 10:18 AM
Honestly I didn't know what to think of Ray, I never saw him play. But that spoke volumes in and of itself.

Where you have been dude? He played in 31 games (started 3 of them) this season. Most of them blowouts. Run of the mill 3rd string PG with non existent playmaking abilities.

Chinook
02-28-2016, 10:21 AM
Not surprising. Probably now means they'll be more likely to draft a PG prospect to develop as the third stringer.

God, I hope so.

T Park
02-28-2016, 10:25 AM
He has video evidence of Pop starring in a German shit fetish flick and will leak it if they ever get rid of him.

Get over it or delete your account. You're acting like a petulant 8 year old.

weeks
02-28-2016, 10:38 AM
Where you have been dude? He played in 31 games (started 3 of them) this season. Most of them blowouts. Run of the mill 3rd string PG with non existent playmaking abilities.

damn you're right...it really wasn't memorable at all, feels like i only saw him play a total of 50 mins tops

that says it all right there

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-28-2016, 10:50 AM
Good luck to Ray.

BillMc
02-28-2016, 10:51 AM
Good luck to Ray.

+1

kaji157
02-28-2016, 10:52 AM
I donīt see the shock, he was clearly not there defensively and Pop didnīt grow to trust him as he has been a very end of the bench player.

Probably it was pop lack on confidence in him (over his actual skills or iq) that lead to him cutting Ray.

It is evident that Miller is nothing more than a insurance move in case that one of our PGīs is unable to play. Will probably be cut at the end of the season and Ray may come back, but most likely we will draft a PG.

Nothing to fuzz about, and it doesnīt make us any better or worse, and unless some of our PG cannot play for whatever reason Miller wonīt see court time (as did Ray).

weebo
02-28-2016, 10:54 AM

Anderson? :lol

ceperez
02-28-2016, 11:01 AM
I still laugh that people thought McCallum was a steal and would somehow be equivalent to Corey Joseph on the open market.

That's what RC thought... but over half a season of play tells you that he can't run the offense.

cjw
02-28-2016, 11:07 AM

People are acting like he's the second coming of CoJo. Joseph is 10x the player Ray will ever be.

Anderson?

Right, no chance he's cut. He fails to remember that Anderson's contract is guaranteed at over $2 million next season. Simply is not happening.

It's Bonner or Butler. I'd go 70% Bonner / 30% Butler.

Beaverfuzz
02-28-2016, 11:17 AM

Bonner will go over Anderson...Kyle's not going anywhere.

weebo
02-28-2016, 11:18 AM
People are acting like he's the second coming of CoJo. Joseph is 10x the player Ray will ever be.

[FONT=Verdana]

Right, no chance he's cut. He fails to remember that Anderson's contract is guaranteed at over $2 million next season. Simply is not happening.

It's Bonner or Butler. I'd go 70% Bonner / 30% Butler.

If anyone is next to go it has to be Matty B, does he even dress out for games anymore?

mookie2001
02-28-2016, 11:18 AM
UNT eagle thinks we're cutting Kyle Anderson? ROFLROLF

raybies
02-28-2016, 11:28 AM

Good luck to Ray.

Great point!

Beaverfuzz
02-28-2016, 11:28 AM

Well remember, he could ball at aTM but he chose UNT instead.

Beaverfuzz
02-28-2016, 11:29 AM
UNT eagle thinks we're cutting Kyle Anderson? ROFLROLF

He's not the smartest cookie in the jar.

K...
02-28-2016, 11:43 AM
people saying that Cojo>Ray forget that Cojo was a three year project and ray was in year one.

the only sad thing is that this resets the pg padawan process. But restarting it with a higher ceiling player isn't the worse, next year could be a scrap transition year anyway if duncan and manu retire, we are in it to win this year; this is probably the best move

ceperez
02-28-2016, 01:13 PM
people saying that Cojo>Ray forget that Cojo was a three year project and ray was in year one.

the only sad thing is that this resets the pg padawan process. But restarting it with a higher ceiling player isn't the worse, next year could be a scrap transition year anyway if duncan and manu retire, we are in it to win this year; this is probably the best move

McCallum was picked up in reaction to losing Cojo.

Spurs however have discovered that Anderson is a viable playmaker and Simmons is a viable defensive wing. Furthermore, Spurs discovered that McCallum can't run plays and can never figure that out. So they go out and "rent" another playmaker.

What is perplexing is that Spurs are loading with playmakers... so there's got to be more to this signing.

Spurs are going to post up defending guards like Curry ... that's the game plan... you can' defend against him, so you might a well as have him work on defense. Spurs are using the regular season to practice posting up.

If you can't win shooting 3's, you might as well win by posting up!!!

will_spurs
02-28-2016, 01:23 PM
What is perplexing is that Spurs are loading with playmakers... so there's got to be more to this signing.

Given the Spurs system, the Spurs don't need playmakers (and they don't have as many as you seem to think).

What the Spurs need are primary ball handlers, and there are only two on the current roster: Tony and Manu. None of the other players can be trusted with bringing the ball up the court.

The Spurs signed Miller as back-up primary ball-handler, and that's still a job he can do with his eyes closed at age 40.

Darius Bieber
02-28-2016, 01:33 PM
Given the Spurs system, the Spurs don't need playmakers (and they don't have as many as you seem to think).

What the Spurs need are primary ball handlers, and there are only two on the current roster: Tony and Manu. None of the other players can be trusted with bringing the ball up the court.

The Spurs signed Miller as back-up primary ball-handler, and that's still a job he can do with his eyes closed at age 40.

Yeah, Miller's 9th all time in career assists. I'm all for this signing.

SpurPadre
02-28-2016, 01:45 PM
Get over it or delete your account. You're acting like a petulant 8 year old.

It was just a joke. No need to be overly sensitive about it...like an 8 year old. Look, I know you like to target me whenever I post something you don't like, especially in regards to Bonner, but I know you're a good Spurs fan with good takes. I have no beef with you.

Spurtacular
02-28-2016, 02:03 PM
lol "swindled" for a second rounder. So dramatic.

The real swindle was made by Corpse Jimmer's agent.

Is that the same agent that gave the Spurs David West for $1.5 million? Yea, what a swindler.

:pimpslap

ChumpDumper
02-28-2016, 02:41 PM
Is that the same agent that gave the Spurs David West for $1.5 million? Yea, what a swindler.

:pimpslapThat was West's decision. If you think his agent wanted to give up his 15% of West's option, you're nuttier than most Mormons.

Spurtacular
02-28-2016, 03:01 PM
That was West's decision. If you think his agent wanted to give up his 15% of West's option, you're nuttier than most Mormons.

Way to see things as they aren't, bud. West had to come here at a set price or not come here at all. That's not gonna stop the agent from leveraging the deal.

LakerHater
02-28-2016, 06:25 PM

tholdren
02-28-2016, 07:19 PM
Well, this is the reason spurs should have rolled with jimmer. PS told you so about ray.

dabom
02-28-2016, 07:24 PM
Well, this is the reason spurs should have rolled with jimmer. PS told you so about ray.

So the Spurs could cut jimmy too? :lmao

T Park
02-28-2016, 07:51 PM
It was just a joke. No need to be overly sensitive about it...like an 8 year old. Look, I know you like to target me whenever I post something you don't like, especially in regards to Bonner, but I know you're a good Spurs fan with good takes. I have no beef with you.

You way over estimate your importance with me kiddo.

Also, you're not joking, because you're a goddamn broken record, you say it damn near every post.

T Park
02-28-2016, 07:52 PM
Way to see things as they aren't, bud. West had to come here at a set price or not come here at all. That's not gonna stop the agent from leveraging the deal.

Leverage what?

rasuo214
02-28-2016, 08:21 PM

Jimmer was available the entire time and the Spurs had zero interest. There's a reason he continues to get cut and why he isn't playing for the Knicks. I mean if Jimmer can't even get playing time on a bad team with awful guards why would any sane person think he'd be of any use for the Spurs?

Godbama
02-28-2016, 10:25 PM
Happens all the time in the real world of business. Rookie financial analysts get axed all the time in favor of someone who just left another company and is bringing 17 years of experience to the table. Sucks, but it's a shitty world.
Lol

DenialTwist
02-28-2016, 10:30 PM
Hope he gets a chance to join the Pistons.

Spurtacular
02-28-2016, 10:36 PM
Jimmer was available the entire time and the Spurs had zero interest. There's a reason he continues to get cut and why he isn't playing for the Knicks. I mean if Jimmer can't even get playing time on a bad team with awful guards why would any sane person think he'd be of any use for the Spurs?

Rambis doesn't want to play Jimmer. Of course, he's a sh**y coach of a team that has lost 14 of its last 17.

Spurtacular
02-28-2016, 10:38 PM

Jimmer would've settled into the CoJo role at a minimum. And in games that Parker is out, he would've played really well with the starters. He can spread the floor for Kawhi and drive and dish. Ray was ultimately nothing more than a placeholder; not a difference maker whatsoever.

ChumpDumper
02-29-2016, 02:21 PM
Way to see things as they aren't, bud. West had to come here at a set price or not come here at all. That's not gonna stop the agent from leveraging the deal.Swindle.

TXstbobcat
02-29-2016, 03:29 PM
Jimmer would've settled into the CoJo role at a minimum. And in games that Parker is out, he would've played really well with the starters. He can spread the floor for Kawhi and drive and dish. Ray was ultimately nothing more than a placeholder; not a difference maker whatsoever.

Ray may end up getting signed by the Knicks to take Jimmer's place.

raybies
02-29-2016, 04:30 PM

Darius Bieber
02-29-2016, 06:23 PM
OFFICIAL

K...
02-29-2016, 06:31 PM
So official Andre passed a physical. Woo.

gambit1990
03-01-2016, 04:57 PM
especially glad we shipped his ass out cause my only problem with parker missing games is that it meant mccallum got time.

Ditty
03-03-2016, 02:40 AM
I'm at lifetime fitness right now at the Rim, and Ray is here with his sister. Too much of a pussy and don't want to be a jackass to ask him for a picture, and ask him about what the future holds for him while he is working out :lol.

BatManu20
03-12-2016, 12:28 PM
Good for Ray. He'll get PT too with their depleted roster.

AFMadison
03-12-2016, 12:30 PM

ST will be begging for him back just like J. Green. Even though we know they shouldn't be on a Spurs roster

Spurtacular
03-12-2016, 12:53 PM
I told everyone before the season started that Black Ollie wouldn't bring anything to the table. Nobody wanted to listen.

Spurtacular
03-12-2016, 12:54 PM

I was hoping the Knicks would sign him so he could fail for a third time in a row as a wanna be Jimmer.

BillMc
03-12-2016, 12:56 PM

Hope Butler lands somewhere too.

hooperflash
03-12-2016, 01:04 PM
Here's an article about the signing.
http://www.slamonline.com/nba/grizzlies-to-sign-ray-mccallum/

spurraider21
03-12-2016, 01:41 PM
I told everyone before the season started that Black Ollie wouldn't bring anything to the table. Nobody wanted to listen.
explain your nickname for him

ChumpDumper
03-12-2016, 01:42 PM
That's because you are insanely biased and racist.

Might want to work on that.

Spurtacular
03-12-2016, 01:47 PM

Should've listened, son, instead of crying now.

Spurtacular
03-12-2016, 01:47 PM
explain your nickname for him

Ollie in Hoosiers.

ChumpDumper
03-12-2016, 01:49 PM
Should've listened, son, instead of crying now.Crying?

That's all you do in the Jimmer thread.

Should've listened to everyone but your fellow Klan member, tholdren.

Spurtacular
03-12-2016, 01:52 PM
Crying?

That's all you do in the Jimmer thread.

Should've listened to everyone but your fellow Klan member, tholdren.

You ain't sayin' nothing,son. Cos this is a Ray thread; not Chump cries more schtick thread.

ChumpDumper
03-12-2016, 02:11 PM
You ain't sayin' nothing,son. Cos this is a Ray thread; not Chump cries more schtick thread.Ray: NBA player.

Spurtacular
03-12-2016, 02:23 PM
Ray: NBA player.

Not a very good one.

ChumpDumper
03-12-2016, 02:26 PM
Not a very good one.Still, it's a lot more than you can say about most basketball players.

tholdren
03-12-2016, 02:43 PM

I also thought McCallum was a bad signing. Would have rather cut Bonner though.

ChumpDumper
03-12-2016, 02:46 PM
http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h368/blueskool9/DSP%20GIFs/kkk_zps3adm4w4q.gif

tholdren
03-12-2016, 02:52 PM
lol - 1/99,671 aint bad

loveforthegame
03-12-2016, 11:50 PM
Memphis lost tonight but good start for Ray.

27 minutes
5-10 fg
3-4 3pt
13 points
4 rebounds
2 assists
2 steals
2 turnovers
1 block
+6

YGWHI
03-13-2016, 12:01 AM

27 minutes
5-10 fg
3-4 3pt
13 points
4 rebounds
2 assists
2 steals
2 turnovers
1 block
+6

Nice! With Chalmers out for the season, and Conley injuries, Ray has a good chance to play consistent minutes in Memphis...

LongtimeSpursFan
03-13-2016, 12:02 AM

27 minutes
5-10 fg
3-4 3pt
13 points
4 rebounds
2 assists
2 steals
2 turnovers
1 block
+6

Spurs should trade Porker for McCallum. :rolleyes

SAGirl
03-13-2016, 03:22 AM

Yea bad news fir Mario Chalmers getting hurt in a contract year and immediately waived. He was playing well fir them, but good for Ray. He's also in a contract year and he really didn't get to play much for the Spurs.

HarlemHeat37
03-20-2016, 02:32 AM
:wow "Black Ollie" outplaying CP3 in the 4th in the upset W, tbh..

gambit1990
03-20-2016, 02:35 AM
:wow "Black Ollie" outplaying CP3 in the 4th in the upset W, tbh..
how about you post something relevant?

HarlemHeat37
03-20-2016, 02:43 AM
how about you post something relevant?

:lol something that happened 3 hours ago isn't relevant?

gambit1990
03-20-2016, 02:51 AM
:lol something that happened 3 hours ago isn't relevant?
you bumped a thread about ray mccallum. post another reply and then see how meaningful it is in the future.

HarlemHeat37
03-20-2016, 02:52 AM
you bumped a thread about ray mccallum. post another reply and then see how meaningful it is in the future.

Have a good night, bro:lol

gambit1990
03-20-2016, 02:57 AM
Have a good night, bro:lol
you don't know how to use commas either?

ChumpDumper
03-20-2016, 03:01 AM
you don't know how to use commas either?What was wrong with that?

PopTheGOAT
03-20-2016, 03:17 AM
What was wrong with that?
Nothing. He called a guy for grammar and it backfired smh