PDA

View Full Version : Prime Spurs Bowen vs curry

jdelar03
02-27-2016, 11:45 PM
Wondering what everyone thinks could Bowen in his prime as a Spur stop curry. I think he could have with his physical play and dirty tricks I think he would have been able to keep him in check, what do you guys think who actually saw Bowen play think.

HarlemHeat37
02-27-2016, 11:46 PM
Bowen couldn't stop Paul and had trouble vs. Nash, tbh:lol

Darius Bieber
02-27-2016, 11:47 PM
At least Bowen could probably injure that ass

honestfool84
02-27-2016, 11:53 PM
I think the better judgement would be placing Curry on any team in the 90s. He would be on the floor so much.

SpursFan86
02-27-2016, 11:54 PM
Bowen struggled against Nash, and Curry is Nash on steroids :lol

UNT Eagles 2016
02-27-2016, 11:55 PM
yeah, Bowen didn't defend PGs very well

really I think the only 2 who could stop Curry were Gary Payton and Chauncey Billups... maybe a younger spryer Andre Miller but not now

TheGreatYacht
02-28-2016, 12:28 AM
Curry better not jump on his shots tbh.... That shit ain't gone end well :lol

daslicer
02-28-2016, 12:29 AM
He would break his ankles.

tmtcsc
02-28-2016, 12:30 AM
Prime Bowen would make Curry work and fuck his ankles up pretty good. :toast

spurraider21
02-28-2016, 12:31 AM
curry would drop 50 with ease tbh

Chinook
02-28-2016, 12:34 AM
A guy like Curry was just so far beyond what Prime Bowen could expect to see from an opponent that it just doesn't make sense to compare them. Honestly, Steph would destroy him, especially if GS was able to set moving screens. Now, maybe Bowen could stop Green, which would be almost as helpful.

Kidd K
02-28-2016, 12:36 AM
Bowen was better against SGs and SFs than he was PGs (understandably). That said, I suspect Curry would be landing on Bowen's feet after a lot of those 3pt attempts.

Kawhitstorm
02-28-2016, 02:03 AM
The only player that has played the best legit D on his has been Avery Bradley who kept pressing him from half-court but he eventually got gassed (Smart was out) & fouled out.

The Celtics are probably best suited to check the Worriers b/c they have Bradley/Smart/Turner to rotate on Curry/Klay & they can put Crowder on Draymond to switch the PnRs.

spursistan
02-28-2016, 02:34 AM
The only player that has played the best legit D on his has been Avery Bradley who kept pressing him from half-court but he eventually got gassed (Smart was out) & fouled out.

The Celtics are probably best suited to check the Worriers b/c they have Bradley/Smart/Turner to rotate on Curry/Klay & they can put Crowder on Draymond to switch the PnRs.

Durant-- biggest Warrios killer- in Boston would be the coup of the summer, tbh...

DMC
02-28-2016, 02:43 AM
Teams spend too much energy worrying about Curry. He's going to go off on you but he's not selfish enough to put 60 on you. He'll move the ball around. You have to stop someone like Draymond from getting his. He was stopped tonight and the Thunder had that game in the bag. The point margin for the Warriors is around 11 or so. You can shave 11 without stopping Curry.

DMC
02-28-2016, 02:44 AM
curry would drop 50 with ease tbh
Like he did on that defensive stalwart Delly?

BatManu20
02-28-2016, 02:59 AM
Curry would embarrass Bruce. Honestly.

midnightpulp
02-28-2016, 03:19 AM
Bowen would lock down Klay, but Curry isn't a good matchup for any lengthy defensive wing, 6'3" can just simply outmaneuver 6'7". Bowen was also brilliant at funneling penetrators into Timmy (see how Bruce defended James in '07). Curry, being a shooter, can neutralize that strategy.

Thing is, the jumpshot is the greatest weapon bar none in basketball if shot efficiently. Moreso than a post-game or penetration. Scoring from the post and on drives requires the precise combination of many distinct movements (dribbling, fakes, controlling your body and asborbing contact when finishing). A jumpshot is simple and efficient. Jump and shoot. And it's relatively unblockable.

For most players, a 12-30 footer is an inefficient option, even supposed great jump shooters like Kobe were never really that efficient. But Curry brings post/penetration efficiency to the jumper, and it pretty much makes him unstoppable (you can stop penetration and post-games with the right schemes and personnel, but you can't stop a great jump shot).

apalisoc_9
02-28-2016, 03:34 AM
The only way he stops curry is if he injures the guy.

Realisticly, I see Pop pressing and denying curry in hallfcourt with a rotation of Kawhi-Parker-Mills-Simmons-Green

With Green getting the bulk of the assignment in crunchtime.

Kyl3
02-28-2016, 04:00 AM
That's what the spurs should do. He has a history of weak ankles. Make him think before he pulls up that next jumpsuit, get in his head.
But tire that fucker out. Pressure him at half court, switch Simmons and Leonard in for Green when Green slows down.
And they gotta tire Curry out on defense too. Whoever he is guarding should be handling the ball and wearing him out.

spursparker9
02-28-2016, 04:40 AM
No doubt Bowen win.

He got a few dirty tricks tbh

Kawhitstorm
02-28-2016, 04:45 AM
Teams spend too much energy worrying about Curry. He's going to go off on you but he's not selfish enough to put 60 on you. He'll move the ball around. You have to stop someone like Draymond from getting his. He was stopped tonight and the Thunder had that game in the bag. The point margin for the Warriors is around 11 or so. You can shave 11 without stopping Curry.

Draymond wasn't stopped, he freaking blew layups & FTs.:lol The guy they had to limit was Klay but he got his.

hooperflash
02-28-2016, 05:04 AM
Curry would cry for fouls, simple.

r0drig0lac
02-28-2016, 05:26 AM

KCP is the best defender in Curry

barbacoataco
02-28-2016, 09:17 AM
Serious lack of respect for Bowen in this thread. He was at his best in 2003 when he stopped Kobe in the playoffs, not in 2005 and definitely 2007 he was old. Also, if Nash was so dominant of Bowen, why did the Spurs win all those series?

Curry is awesome and I'm sure he would put up points against Bowen, but I think Bruce was an all time great and would have given him some problems. If you're fast enough to stay in front if Kobe, that says it all.

Plus if really was bigger stretch 4's like Dirk that gave Bowen problems, not quick guys.

T Park
02-28-2016, 10:38 AM
Well the big reason the Spurs won those series is because they shit down guys like Shawn Marion and others. Nash and Stoudamire got theirs, everyone else was shut down, however, they'd also out scored the hell out of the Suns as well.

That said, Bowen could hang with him, but he'd get torched. Now he would've shut down Klay Thompson, that's a given.

blizz
02-28-2016, 11:01 AM
Now Dumars on Curry would be fun to watch.

Gagnrath
02-28-2016, 11:19 AM
I think Bowen would slow him down the question is for me is on things are officiated. Are we talking bumping and hand checking is cool like it was for the first half of Bowen? If so curry gets little to no separation. If its officiated like today's NBA where a ball handler gets breathed on then tosses a wild fling towards the basket and gets shots results in a curry going off. Curry would also manage about 3 shots with Bowens foot crowding before he snaps and ankle.

bic50
02-28-2016, 11:36 AM
Curry would embarrass Bruce. Honestly.

Doubt that. Curry wouldnt be completely shut down but bowen could contain him. My only worry is that lack of offense bowen to provide.

lefty20
02-28-2016, 01:14 PM
Serious lack of respect for Bowen in this thread. He was at his best in 2003 when he stopped Kobe in the playoffs, not in 2005 and definitely 2007 he was old. Also, if Nash was so dominant of Bowen, why did the Spurs win all those series?

Curry is awesome and I'm sure he would put up points against Bowen, but I think Bruce was an all time great and would have given him some problems. If you're fast enough to stay in front if Kobe, that says it all.

Plus if really was bigger stretch 4's like Dirk that gave Bowen problems, not quick guys.

Because Manu would go god mode against them, tbh.

spurraider21
02-28-2016, 02:40 PM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m09wtjkFJ41rn95k2o1_400.gif

DMC
02-28-2016, 03:45 PM
^Rent free

Kawhitstorm
02-28-2016, 03:58 PM
KCP is the best defender in Curry

He got lit up like a Christmas light in the 2nd half of their 2nd meeting.

In their lone meeting, Curry was 9/27 (33%) with 8 turnover against Bradley while he went 20/44 (45%) with 7 turnover in two meetings against KCP.