23 Boston College
24T 24T. Auburn
24T 24T. Georgia Tech

Oscar DeLa
09-26-2005, 09:14 AM
I don't know what it is but it seems to be in order

ShoogarBear
09-26-2005, 11:17 AM
Amazing that the Red Raiders can be top 20 playing only coed teams.

msufan420
09-26-2005, 11:23 AM
Look at them Spartans creeping up on the top ten.

Jdspur20
09-26-2005, 11:48 AM

everyone in 1A is allowed to play 2 of 1AA teams in a certian time frame. they happen to use there 2 in the same year. everybuddy does it. why is it ok when the Ohio states, miami's, nebraska's, the notre dames, the UT's etc. ?i guess it suddenly makes it ok for them to play a few 1AA teams :rolleyes

2centsworth
09-26-2005, 11:49 AM
it's because they bludgeoned #4 cal last year.

theMUHMEshow
09-26-2005, 12:29 PM
Look at them Spartans creeping up on the top ten.

Man, I feel for you. I am sorry but I do.

Hey msufan420 - If you are looking for some MSU love on a forum. check out www.sportsinferno.com they have a forum with tons of users tons of MSU slappies with a few michigan slappies. check it out, if you want to boast to some other michigan fans...

samikeyp
09-26-2005, 12:46 PM
everyone in 1A is allowed to play 2 of 1AA teams in a certian time frame. they happen to use there 2 in the same year. everybuddy does it. why is it ok when the Ohio states, miami's, nebraska's, the notre dames, the UT's etc. ?i guess it suddenly makes it ok for them to play a few 1AA teams

IMO, its not right for any teams. Show some nad, AD's, and schedule some real teams. That is why I think polls before October are worthless.

j-6
09-26-2005, 12:54 PM

Tech beat New Mexico 49-0 in 2002 when Katie Hnida played for the Lobos. So they have a history of beating up on coed teams.

http://www.ithappenedtoalexa.org/katelight%20(2).jpg

mookie2001
09-26-2005, 01:28 PM
Oroflrlforloflroflroflrofl

ShoogarBear
09-26-2005, 02:34 PM
everyone in 1A is allowed to play 2 of 1AA teams in a certian time frame. they happen to use there 2 in the same year. everybuddy does it. why is it ok when the Ohio states, miami's, nebraska's, the notre dames, the UT's etc. ?i guess it suddenly makes it ok for them to play a few 1AA teams :rolleyes

So they should be top 20 on the basis of that impressive victory over "Div. 1-A" Florida International.

I suppose you're going to take a win over "undefeated" Kansas seriously, too.

Jdspur20
09-26-2005, 02:39 PM
IMO, its not right for any teams. Show some nad, AD's, and schedule some real teams. That is why I think polls before October are worthless.

i agree, polls before conferance don't matter, but simply critizing tech for a weak non-conferance schedule is Ridiculous. hasn't anyone ever heard of a Big 12 schedule?

Jdspur20
09-26-2005, 02:44 PM
So they should be top 20 on the basis of that impressive victory over "Div. 1-A" Florida International.

I suppose you're going to take a win over "undefeated" Kansas seriously, too.

i never said that, your putting words in my mouth. all i'm saying is that your critizing them for having a weak non-conferance schedule, and thats Ridiculous. there's alot of other bigger schools that do it alot more often. the reason they belong in the top 25 is because they started the season on there. so since they play weak teams for non-conferance you should they should take them off???

Jdspur20
09-26-2005, 02:45 PM
Tech beat New Mexico 49-0 in 2002 when Katie Hnida played for the Lobos. So they have a history of beating up on coed teams.

http://www.ithappenedtoalexa.org/katelight%20(2).jpg

oh and UT doesn't??? lol :lol

Jdspur20
09-26-2005, 02:48 PM
schedule some real teams??? Tech has scheduled some real teams in non-conferance in the last several years. the national champs in '02, NC state and Ole Miss when they were in the top 25.

msufan420
09-26-2005, 02:53 PM
Man, I feel for you. I am sorry but I do.

Care to explain why? I think I'm the one who should be feeling sorry for you...Afterall my team is rolling right now.

FromWayDowntown
09-26-2005, 02:54 PM
well, let's be fair to Tech. At least two of the games that they've played this year were replacements for games that fairly good opponents backed out of.

Tech was supposed to have played Fresno State and Louisville, as I understand it, but both of those games were cancelled by mutual agreement of the schools.

Tech had a few months to find non-conference opponents and took what they could, which wasn't much. They'll get back to something more respectable next fall, with games against SMU, TCU, and UTEP.

Leach doesn't schedule the way that Spike Dykes used to -- at least not yet -- back when Spike had the Red Raiders taking trips to Penn State, Florida State, Georgia, Tennessee, and Nebraska (before the Big XII came into existence) and having schools like Miami come to Lubbock. But don't get too up in arms about Tech's schedule. All of the Big XII teams do it.

samikeyp
09-26-2005, 02:57 PM
All the schools that are propped in this forum feast on cupcakes. No one is innocent.

Jdspur20
09-26-2005, 02:58 PM
well, let's be fair to Tech. At least two of the games that they've played this year were replacements for games that fairly good opponents backed out of.

Tech was supposed to have played Fresno State and Louisville, as I understand it, but both of those games were cancelled by mutual agreement of the schools.

Tech had a few months to find non-conference opponents and took what they could, which wasn't much. They'll get back to something more respectable next fall, with games against SMU, TCU, and UTEP.

Leach doesn't schedule the way that Spike Dykes used to -- at least not yet -- back when Spike had the Red Raiders taking trips to Penn State, Florida State, Georgia, Tennessee, and Nebraska (before the Big XII came into existence) and having schools like Miami come to Lubbock. But don't get too up in arms about Tech's schedule. All of the Big XII teams do it.

thank you. exactly, all the big 12 schools do it. it was my understanding that Indiana state and Sam Houston state were the ones to call tech after fresno state Louisville steped down. speaking of LouisVille, now that would be a game to watch, Tech Vs. LouisVille.

samikeyp
09-26-2005, 03:08 PM
schedule some real teams??? Tech has scheduled some real teams in non-conferance in the last several years. the national champs in '02, NC state and Ole Miss when they were in the top 25.

ok that is 3 out of how many? UT scheduled Ohio St. this year but that is just one.

My original point stands....these D-1 schools in the big conferences tend to schedule cupcakes and yes that includes Tech.

samikeyp
09-26-2005, 03:09 PM
thank you. exactly, all the big 12 schools do it

which was my point all along....a point you chose to ignore.

j-6
09-26-2005, 03:09 PM
j-6's "You people don't respect us enough! Why don't you care about us?" whiner school poll, week three edition.

(1) Texas Tech, 3-0
(2) Baylor, 3-0
(3) Indiana, 3-0
(4) Vanderbilt, 3-0
(t5) Iowa State, 3-0
(t5) Kansas 3-0
(t5) Washington State 3-0

FromWayDowntown
09-26-2005, 03:14 PM
There's probably a reason that Big XII teams are a combined 31-5 right now. Tech will pay the price for its schedule if it either: (1) struggles in conference and can't become bowl eligible; or (2) surprises the conference, but has a poor BCS standing despite a strong conference showing.

There are some pretty soft Big XII schedules to this point.

All the schools that are propped in this forum feast on cupcakes. No one is innocent.

Well, my Columbia Lions don't. Of course, the Lions are a cupcake, bur for now at least, they're a 2-0 cupcake, with huge wins over Fordham and Duquense.

The 2005 Ivy League Payback Tour starts this Saturday at Princeton.

For the record, I say something like that every year and I'm still waiting for the tour to really get going . . . . one of these years -- we owe everyone since 1961!!!

samikeyp
09-26-2005, 03:16 PM
Well, my Columbia Lions don't. Of course, the Lions are a cupcake, bur for now at least, they're a 2-0 cupcake, with huge wins over Fordham and Duquense

Well until now, you hadn't propped them! :lol

Stand up for your Lions, man! :)

ShoogarBear
09-26-2005, 03:17 PM
thank you. exactly, all the big 12 schools do it. it was my understanding that Indiana state and Sam Houston state were the ones to call tech after fresno state Louisville steped down. speaking of LouisVille, now that would be a game to watch, Tech Vs. LouisVille.

:lmao Did you see Louisville last week?

FromWayDowntown
09-26-2005, 03:18 PM
j-6's "You people don't respect us enough! Why don't you care about us?" whiner school poll, week three edition.

(1) Texas Tech, 3-0
(2) Baylor, 3-0
(3) Indiana, 3-0
(4) Vanderbilt, 3-0
(t5) Iowa State, 3-0
(t5) Kansas 3-0
(t5) Washington State 3-0

I do think that Tech has a chance to make some inroads this season and end up as the 2nd or 3rd best team in the Big XII in 2005. Most don't remember this, but for the first 4-5 years of the Big XII's existence, Tech never finished worse than 2nd in the South -- of course, Tech never won the South, either, but the Red Raiders have generally been right on the cusp. A couple of times in the Leach era, they've entered the last week of the season needing a win to claim the crown by outrighting OU. Of course, not many people were outrighting OU at that point.

FromWayDowntown
09-26-2005, 03:21 PM
Well until now, you hadn't propped them! :lol

Stand up for your Lions, man! :)

Had I started a thread on it, Mr. Dio would have come in to just post all kinds of ignorant crap about how I don't root for a real school -- why waste bandwidth on that?

Jdspur20
09-26-2005, 03:22 PM
:lmao Did you see Louisville last week?

no i didn't, but i just checked the score on espn.com. i thought they had a good offense. guess not when south florida beats you like a drum.

samikeyp
09-26-2005, 03:23 PM
damn...USF was all over them! Kirk Herbstriet said they would go 11-0.

oops. :lol

samikeyp
09-26-2005, 03:23 PM
Had I started a thread on it, Mr. Dio would have come in to just post all kinds of ignorant crap about how I don't root for a real school -- why waste bandwidth on that?

Dio is just uppity because PakiDan hasn't given him any lately! :lol

Jdspur20
09-26-2005, 03:24 PM
ok that is 3 out of how many? UT scheduled Ohio St. this year but that is just one.

My original point stands....these D-1 schools in the big conferences tend to schedule cupcakes and yes that includes Tech.

all i was saying is that they played competition as well as light teams, everyone does it. yes that includes tech, UT, atm, ou etc.

Jdspur20
09-26-2005, 03:24 PM
which was my point all along....a point you chose to ignore.

my comments weren't directed towards you.

j-6
09-26-2005, 03:43 PM
Please forgive my lack of enthusiasm on Tech's beating of Larry Bird U on the gridiron. Or Sam 4th-string-Aggie-transfer State University. Or Florida Intergalactic Planetary.

After impressing the idiot pollsters with Red Raider wins over undefeated conference teams Kansas and Nebraska, Tech at 5-0 will almost certainly be in the top ten since they're 13th right now. If they can get past current 3-0 Kansas State they might sneak into the top eight before the UT game in Austin.

SWC Bonfire
09-26-2005, 03:45 PM
It's Tech's turn to be overrated.

The Big 12 stinks this year.

j-6
09-26-2005, 03:56 PM
Sort of on topic, but not really. More interesting that anything else.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/09/23/gallery.scoring/content.6.html

Highest Scoring Teams, 2000-present
10. Virginia Tech
9. USC
8. Toledo
7. Louisville

6. Kansas State
66 Games
2,408 Points
36.5 Average
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/09/23/gallery.scoring/sproles2.jpg
The Wildcats opened the millennium by hanging a school-record 76 points on Ball State in 2000 and followed that with a single-season school-record 582 points in 2002. K-State's most prolific contributor since the turn of the century: running back Darren Sproles, who finished his career in '04 with 48 touchdowns.

5. Oklahoma
68 Games
2,514 Points
36.9 Average
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/09/23/gallery.scoring/white.jpg
Oh, to be able to turn the clock back. The Sooners scored a school-record 601points with Jason White at the controls in 2003 and a second-best 541 in 2002. And before this season, no Bob Stoops team in Norman had ever lost any of its first seven games, never mind two out of three. Is there a doctor in the house?

4. Texas Tech
65 Games
2,411 Points
37.0 Average
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/09/23/gallery.scoring/klingsbury.jpg
Following in the footsteps of Kliff Kingsbury, only the third player in college football history to throw for over 10,000 yards, gain over 10,000 yards in total offense and complete over 1,000 passes in a career, the Red Raiders went from zero to 80 in a 3½ quarters against Sam Houston State two weeks ago and rang up 63 against Indiana State on Saturday. And while that's no where near the school-record 120 Tech plastered on Wayland Baptist in 1925, no one in Lubbock is complaining.

3. Texas
64 Games
2,426 Points
37.9 Average
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/09/23/gallery.scoring/benson.jpg
Last season the Rose Bowl-winning Longhorns suffered the school's first shutout in 24 years (Can you say Oklahoma 12, Cedric Benson & Co. zilch) and still averaged 35.2 points a game. That was the lowest-scoring team in Mack Brown's seven seasons in Austin, proving that while he hasn't been able to win the big one, it's not because he didn't have the firepower.

2. Miami
1. Boise State

Jdspur20
09-26-2005, 08:40 PM
It's Tech's turn to be overrated.

The Big 12 stinks this year.

maybe the north, but not the south.
SWC bondfire, i'm assuming your an aggie, and if there's anyone here that should be placed in the overrated column in years past, its most certainly atm.

hussker
10-01-2005, 12:08 PM
Please forgive my lack of enthusiasm on Tech's beating of Larry Bird U on the gridiron. Or Sam 4th-string-Aggie-transfer State University. Or Florida Intergalactic Planetary.

After impressing the idiot pollsters with Red Raider wins over undefeated conference teams Kansas and Nebraska, Tech at 5-0 will almost certainly be in the top ten since they're 13th right now. If they can get past current 3-0 Kansas State they might sneak into the top eight before the UT game in Austin.

HAHA! Funny...Good school RENAMES!

TTU will have a tough go in Lincoln though. Not saying they will lose, but it will be a test. The Blackshirts are a heckuva D, they are just so worn out because the transfomation of the NU O is still giving them 3 and out.