PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for the last 23 games of the season?

UNT Eagles 2016
02-28-2016, 08:28 AM
vs Pistons W
@ Pelicans B2B W
vs Kings W
@ Pacers W
@ Wolves B2B W
vs Bulls W
vs Thunder W (they have a B2B)
vs Clippers L
vs Blazers W
vs Warriors W (they have a B2B)
@ Hornets W
vs Heat W
vs Grizzlies W
@ Thunder B2B L
@ Grizzlies W
vs Pelicans W
vs Raptors W
@ Jazz W
@ Warriors L
@ Nuggets B2B W
@ Mavericks B2B L (rest)

Fireball
02-28-2016, 08:30 AM
Spurs will not win both home games against the Warriors ... Dubs just take these games too seriously

UNT Eagles 2016
02-28-2016, 08:31 AM
Spurs will not win both home games against the Warriors ... Dubs just take these games too seriously
they have tough b2b's both times. Could be scheduled losses

either way, we cannot lose the series 3–1... bad for our pride. We have to take both at home or else one at home plus the one there.

TXstbobcat
02-28-2016, 10:44 AM

I have to agree with you. Especially after watching the end of the GS game last night.

houston spurs fan
02-28-2016, 10:46 AM
Really doesn't matter since we are pretty much guaranteed #2 seed. Need Gino back, playing well...needs to get some rhythm before playoffs....

TheDoctor
02-28-2016, 10:53 AM

They chasing history too. I do believe teams will split the series winning their home games respectively.

TXstbobcat
02-28-2016, 10:56 AM
Spurs finish 18 - 5 in the last 23 games to finish with 68 wins for the season.

BillMc
02-28-2016, 11:01 AM
vs Pistons W
@ Pelicans B2B W
vs Kings W
@ Pacers W
@ Wolves B2B W
vs Bulls W
vs Clippers L
vs Blazers W
@ Hornets W
vs Heat W
vs Grizzlies W
@ Thunder B2B L
@ Grizzlies W
vs Pelicans W
vs Raptors W
@ Jazz W
@ Warriors L
@ Nuggets B2B W
@ Mavericks B2B L (rest)

As others have said those last 2 games against the Warriors plus Thunder may very well be losses. We'll likely have the 2 locked up, while the Warriors will still be chasing records and the Thunder may be trying fend off the Clippers. Other than getting Manu going (and any new pieces like Miller) I doubt Pop will put much into those games.

My prediction is 66-16.

cjw
02-28-2016, 11:04 AM
I have to agree with you. Especially after watching the end of the GS game last night.

You mean especially after watching the Thunder hand the game away with terrible execution? Yes, props to Iggy and Curry for hitting big FT / shots, but should have never even been there. OKC should be absolutely pissed.

cutewizard
02-28-2016, 11:04 AM
:bobo

blizz
02-28-2016, 11:08 AM
21-2

TXstbobcat
02-28-2016, 11:46 AM
You mean especially after watching the Thunder hand the game away with terrible execution? Yes, props to Iggy and Curry for hitting big FT / shots, but should have never even been there. OKC should be absolutely pissed.

You are correct but those clutch 3's by Curry were incredible. I can't wait for the playoffs to start.

Mel_13
02-28-2016, 11:52 AM
Magic number to clinch the #2 seed is 15 with 23 games to go. They could very well have that wrapped up with 8-10 games to go. Winning won't be much of a priority after that.

bklynspursfan
02-28-2016, 11:54 AM
Spurs beat GS handily last year at home. I see no reason why they can't/won't win both.

apalisoc_9
02-28-2016, 11:54 AM
Hoping for 20-3.

apalisoc_9
02-28-2016, 11:56 AM
Magic number to clinch the #2 seed is 15 with 23 games to go. They could very well have that wrapped up with 8-10 games to go. Winning won't be much of a priority after that.
Unlikely, but if the warriors are only 2 games ahead of them by that time..it would be stupid not to take the remaining games seriously.

Fireball
02-28-2016, 12:01 PM

that was just ridiculous ... no panic, just take a three pointer way beyond the line ... normal shooting motion.

and it seems Curry's ankles are really re-enforced ... 2-3 years ago he would have been out for some time after turning the ankle that way.

Leetonidas
02-28-2016, 12:16 PM
I think Spurs will drop 2 games against GS and 1 at OKC along with a loss in Indiana and the last game of the season. 19-4 for 69-13.

TXstbobcat
02-28-2016, 12:25 PM
I think Spurs will drop 2 games against GS and 1 at OKC along with a loss in Indiana and the last game of the season. 19-4 for 69-13.

Spurs will win the game at Indiana. Spurs are 5 - 0 in games that I have gone to this season and I am driving to Indiana for the Spurs game.

cjw
02-28-2016, 06:59 PM
You are correct but those clutch 3's by Curry were incredible. I can't wait for the playoffs to start.

Exactly. It's a lesson that if you give the Warriors even a glimmer of hope, they'll make you pay. They have shooting EVERYWHERE on their roster - even guys like Ian Clark and Rush are shooting over 40%, with Curry/Klay obviously above and Draymond just under that mark. Iguodala is deadly from the corners (50% on 46 attempts this year). Harrison Barnes is average from three, but solid from mid-range. Only Livingston lacks an outside shot, but he creates size mismatches and he pairs really nicely with Speights (surprised he's only 40% from midrange).

and it seems Curry's ankles are really re-enforced ... 2-3 years ago he would have been out for some time after turning the ankle that way.

We've all turned our ankles playing basketball, and know how easy it is to turn again once you've done it once. I had twisted mine over the summer playing, and it felt healed after a few days and then just gave out while running and sprained it that time. Hope for his sake (and for entertainment's sake) that he's totally okay.

I was still surprised to see him come back into the game yesterday. This wasn't Chris Paul in Game 7 last year against the Spurs where it was do or die.

Curry's shoes / ankle support might be the modern equivalent of the Duncan knee brace.

HankChinaski
02-28-2016, 07:56 PM
He was rail thin two to three years ago. He is still thin now but has filled out that frame better and seems a lot stronger than I recall with a simple eye test,.

SASdynasty!
02-28-2016, 08:00 PM
Hard to believe that 14-9 posts the best Spurs season of all time...and locks up the second-best record unless OKC or Cleveland wins out.

Fireball
02-29-2016, 03:28 AM
We've all turned our ankles playing basketball, and know how easy it is to turn again once you've done it once. I had twisted mine over the summer playing, and it felt healed after a few days and then just gave out while running and sprained it that time. Hope for his sake (and for entertainment's sake) that he's totally okay.

I myself am a good example that you can just get over these ankle issues. 10 years ago I turned my ankles every 2-3 months ... it never was serious and never took more than 1 week to recover from. Now I still play regularly and it just does not happen anymore. And I do not even wear any protection like Curry does. So I guess he is just over these issues as well ..

UNT Eagles 2016
02-29-2016, 03:31 AM
Actually, even with the Cavs loss tonight, magic number is 16 since they have the third tiebreaker over us (H2H point differential) if us and them finish with the same opposing conference record.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-29-2016, 03:32 AM
Hard to believe that 14-9 posts the best Spurs season of all time...and locks up the second-best record unless OKC or Cleveland wins out.
we have to win one more than that for reasons I mentioned above, & the Cavs have a cakewalk schedule the rest of the way.

JohnnyMax
02-29-2016, 03:39 AM
lSPNQ82Sq4E

Mel_13
02-29-2016, 06:13 AM
Actually, even with the Cavs loss tonight, magic number is 16 since they have the third tiebreaker over us (H2H point differential) if us and them finish with the same opposing conference record.

I referred to the #2 seed in the West. That magic number is 15.

Uriel
02-29-2016, 06:30 AM
We're much closer to Golden State than Oklahoma City in the standings. After what happened last season, I think Pop recognizes the importance of playing a potential Game 7 in the WCF at home.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-29-2016, 06:45 AM
I referred to the #2 seed in the West. That magic number is 15.
Okay, but if we actually want to win the championship we're gonna need HCA over the Cavs as well.

Mel_13
02-29-2016, 06:45 AM
We're much closer to Golden State than Oklahoma City in the standings. After what happened last season, I think Pop recognizes the importance of playing a potential Game 7 in the WCF at home.

Chasing unrealistic goals gains nothing. My obvious assumption is that catching GS will be an unrealistic goal on the day that the Spurs clinch over OKC. Equally obvious is that their behavior would be different if circumstances change. A quick glance at the remaining schedule for GS makes that sort of change extremely unlikely.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-29-2016, 06:47 AM
we must clinch over OKC and CLE... the latter being equally important if we do beat the Dubs...

Mel_13
02-29-2016, 06:48 AM
Okay, but if we actually want to win the championship we're gonna need HCA over the Cavs as well.

Unless something goes horribly wrong, they'll clinch over Cleveland at about the same time as they clinch over OKC.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-29-2016, 06:50 AM
Unless something goes horribly wrong, they'll clinch over Cleveland at about the same time as they clinch over OKC.
Lebron needs to start being Lebron again. He's barely the 3rd best player in the NBA right now, and Durant/Westy are giving him competition for that

Mel_13
02-29-2016, 06:55 AM
Lebron needs to start being Lebron again. He's barely the 3rd best player in the NBA right now, and Durant/Westy are giving him competition for that

Yeah, Cleveland needs to concern themselves with holding off Toronto first. That race has gotten too close for comfort.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-29-2016, 09:27 AM
Yeah, Cleveland needs to concern themselves with holding off Toronto first. That race has gotten too close for comfort.
I think Toronto has the tiebreaker too... if we don't beat the Warriors in the WCF, maybe we could steal their passports instead? :stirpot: